Alright faggots I'm playing morrowind for the first time, so what are the essential mods to download...

Alright faggots I'm playing morrowind for the first time, so what are the essential mods to download? I was told to for sure download an accuracy mod that makes it so attacks dont miss when you saw your attack connect. what else, some graphical mods?

Attached: 1567103468594.jpg (1200x1026, 109K)

Other urls found in this thread:

tesgeneral.com/trainwizmorrowindguide
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>I was told to for sure download an accuracy mod that makes it so attacks dont miss when you saw your attack connect
Don't do that at all, retard.

wait so what do i download i heard mods are essential?

they aren't just go fucking play it

no they're not, just use open morrowind and play

>I was told to for sure download an accuracy mod that makes it so attacks dont miss when you saw your attack connect.
Walk with me through this.

In a role-playing game your character's personality, knowledge, beliefs and so on take priority over you as the player, correct?

Same with character's skills, right? You might be an Olympic champion with a bow but your character used it like 5 times before and instead of brand new masterpiece from modern day synthetic materials, its construction benefiting from hundreds of years of engineering and physics theory, your character used some stick with a string. So is it believable that your character can't hit the broad side of a barn?

Yeah, it's a fantasy game with magic and shit, gotcha. But there are also very magical trainers who can magically train your skills even if all you did was jump around like a spastic in Seyda Neen.

But what if some of the hits visually connect but still do no damage?! Well, that happens in real life too. Glancing blows, armour absorbing hits, parrying and so on. Why does the game not represent all those visually? It's a fairly old game, they did as much they could. I too wish the misses were more varied and more believable from the visual standpoint. Alas, without a complete engine rewrite it's unlikely.

alright so mods arent necessary but do you guys reccomend any graphical shit or is it better to play it without that too

MGEXE If I'm not mistaken, it's been a while

Attached: 41214.png (1280x720, 856K)

>mods arent necessary
True. But I recommend at least getting Master Index, even for your first run. Makes things much less uncomfortable.

get the unofficial patch and a graphics extender to remove all the goddamn fog. that's really all you need. morrowind's a weird game but if you don't question it too much and you'll have a lot of fun, way more than you would in fucking skyrim.

oh and use mod organizer for textures you can find on nexus

Attached: 3872389.png (1280x650, 724K)

To be fair Skyrim has its merits too. It's nice to just lose yourself wandering. It's by no means a good RPG but at least it's fairly immersive (if you don't think too hard) and atmospheric. Even if I do prefer Morrowind overall myself.

tesgeneral.com/trainwizmorrowindguide

/tesg/'s content mod guide is still good.

If you absolutely insist on using distant land, never use more than 3 cells max, personally I'd use 2. The world was designed to wrap around itself and distant land really kills the quest design.

yeah skyrim was very atmospheric and immersive if nothing else

Skyrim is legit in my top 5, though Morrowind trumps it, and Oblivion is up there too. I just love them all, they're all so great in my eyes.

yeah i'll give it to you, skyrim is a lot of fun despite having a lot of wasted potential due to its depth being about as deep as the pothole outside my house. i still love it though but not enough to call it a top 5 or even top 10.

Just quit while you're ahead.

Attached: morrowindcombat.webm (640x360, 1.4M)

Go outside and wait to restore stamina
Go back in to pick off his HP
Repeat

Cheesy and unimmersive but gets you your first house.

but I have no stat called stamina

Attached: morrowindingredients.webm (1280x960, 2.55M)

Is there a mod that gets rid of that ridiculously loud dink when you attack an armored enemy?
Lowering the game audio doesn't affect that single noise

Don't spam attack this quickly. If you swung a stick IRL until you started to lose consciousness I doubt you'd be much of a challenge either.

Dont attack with empty stamina and youre fine. Accuracy mod is the most zoomzoom shit.
Graphic mods are fine, look for some ENBs on YT and choose the one you like the most.

Agility and your weapon skill affect your accuracy if I recall. Make sure you don't start off with shit stats in those two if you want to be accurate. Also if you're shit at combat focus on doing odd jobs for money so you can pay trainers to raise your stats.

that's desu ex you retard