Astral Chain

Is this PlatinumGames' worst title since TMNT?

Attached: Astral-Chain_2019_05-15-19_Artwork.jpg (1920x1080, 416K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/944UhSyK
youtube.com/watch?v=WM33Hr94SKw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Sin duda.

Attached: 1567998102898.jpg (720x720, 65K)

It is not a platinum games tho, it is a Nintendo game just like Mario, Zelda, Kirby, and Xenoblade games

I've never seen this much cope in a single post

Nier killed P*
Bayo 3 is either gonna be half assed or will literally never release

I just finished file 08 and if this is supposed to be the worst case in the game then this game is a lot better than I assumed it'd be

no it's great

automata on the other hand is a 6.5/10

It wasn't developed in-house you absolute retard

Game seems like a love it or hate it affair. Probably because of Platinum's own reputation everyone has their own expectations already.

1 and 2 are the worst, with 5 having the worst platforming/puzzling

8 is just fucking boring

So I tried doing the expert training right away and it's kicking my ass having a giant gorilla with drones in a tiny space and I'm being told to use the baton. Is this one of those "come back when you actually have moves" things?

File 8 is what most people forget that a lot of the content in this game also is: optional.

you are allowed to use every weapon in the expert training, but it's probably advised to come to it later

It's definitely beatable at that point, but it is much easier to get S+ by coming back to it later.
If you haven't already, unlock some of the legion skill tree. One of the early skills for every Legion is a counter that gives you a ton of i-frames which will help with the gorillas.

Then why the hell do they tell you to start with the baton? Whatever. I'll still come back later so I have some other options.

It’s a bit disappointing but I give Platinum credit for trying something new

They meant just the X-Baton with no legions, not baton mode. It's dumb, but there's no other way to hit the fliers so I guess they figured you'd get it eventually.

UPDATED COSMETICS LIST
pastebin.com/944UhSyK

Attached: astral chain marie.png (723x897, 101K)

Nothing is worse than the wonderful 101 that fucking game was garbage.

I WANT TO marry MARIE!
I WANT TO PUT MY ring ALL THE WAY DOWN HER finger RIGHT WHERE ALL THE POLICE DEPARTMENT CAN SEE US

I love my goofball wife

Attached: 1549163873693.png (900x900, 71K)

If it isn't the heir to the throne of the roaming Rhullo, leader of the space pirate band known across the universe as the Guyzoch, Prince Vorkken!

Nice try, Vorkken, but we're not biting your bait today!

I'd write my opinion but metacritic would ban me anyways

>Marrying the janitor
>not Brenda
low test

Shut up Allen

It's their best game since Bayo 2. I mean that's not saying a whole ton, but it is what it is.

If you mean best since MGRR then yes

>File 9:
>Hoodie - hologram wall near the basketball court
Wasn't this one bullshit?

Im serious user the 101 was fucking garbage almost as bad as that transformers game and as shit as Godhand.

>File 9:
>Hoodie - hologram wall near the basketball court
This is a ruse. I have all items in File 09 and that's not one of them.

I liked some minigames in 8 however chapter 6 side quests were pure AIDS.

I'd argue it's actually better than Bayo 2 and clearly better than automata.

>implying I won't make her deputy chief using my pull in Neuron

>promoting nepotism
This ain't justice

It's going to be fucking torturous to S+ the goddamn box minigame in case 8. The motion controls fucking suck. I know you can use the right stick but if you move the controller literally a millimeter it thinks you're trying to use motion controls and fucks up everything.

It's my favorite

Attached: images (2).jpg (225x225, 7K)

>hoodie listed in file 9 as behind a hologram wall
STOP

Attached: 1508039691442.png (352x480, 125K)

I think it's actually more forgiving than it seems. I dropped the boxes 3 times and still got S+.

I got S+ and dropped the boxes a couple times too in Pt Ultimate, all that really matters is don't drop them more than a couple times and make sure to blueshift everyone that's redshifted

So does anyone actually know where the hoodie is?

Attached: 1567895817947.jpg (634x693, 63K)

Please someone get started on astral chain hentai.... Theres so much potential drawfags please

Since you can't play it?

>R3-7
How the fuck
The Lampas just instagibs me every time

Attached: 1527954844643.png (401x326, 123K)

This. I was dreading the car shit after hearing everyone complain, instead I got genuinely good puzzles.

The Lappy costume is pretty big. You could probably get two people in it

Imagine getting in the Lappy costume with Marie and fucking her. All the while Allen tries to flirt with her being completely unaware that she's taking your cock right at that very moment.

Attached: astralchain_wallpaperLappy_1080x1920.jpg (1080x1920, 1.32M)

L-lewd

Show me your rankings.

W101 > Bayo 1 > Vanquish > Transformers > Revengeance > Bayo 2 > Astral Chain > Star Fox > Automata

This game be fucking amazing.

both bayonettas are shit compared to this
haven't played any of the other games

Nah. Third best behind the original Bayonetta and Vanquish.

Out of what I've played:
Bayo 1 > Vanquish > Astral Chain > MGR > Bayo 2 > Automata
I couldn't get into TW101 so I don't really have any strong opinions on it

Oh, and put Madworld between Bayo 2 and Automata

Bayonetta > W101 > Astral Chain > Bayonetta 2 > Vanquish > MGRR > Automata

Although it's kind of a toss-up between W101 and Astral Chain. Astral Chain's combat is nowhere near as deep, but I really enjoyed the other stuff about Astral Chain. I really loved being an anime supercop.

I beat the game, final boss was hell.

If you only own a PS4, sure.

Astral Chain 2 when

Attached: 1559931937344.jpg (1516x1295, 836K)

I'm only up to File 9 and have several things not listed here - Marie's cap, Marie's glasses, Optic Drone goggles, and a Perching Raven headpiece.
I'm assuming that these are all rewards for beating secret bosses?

From what I've played:

MGR > Astral Chain > Bayonetta > Bayonetta 2 > Nier Automata

I can't get into Vanquish for some reason.

Marie's cap, glasses and perching raven should be awards from promotions or at least in my playthrough I got them from promotions.

>MGR at the top
Why?

it's the best one

FUCK carrying boxes.. these fucking niggers running around like jackasses the moment you pick up boxes.. what the FUCK is their problem?

Why is that?

Great game, enjoyed it a lot.
But holy fucking shit did they not do any playtesting on the final boss? It feels like his damage output is just fucking ludicrous compared to basically everything else. Like I get it's the final boss and all, but most of the enemies and even bosses/minibosses beforehand barely did 200-300 damage to me a hit. Then I get into the last fight and he >*teleports behind you* and backhands me for somewhere around 900 damage. Only fight in the game I ever had to use rez batteries and ended up burning 4-5 of them total, on top of the full stock of healing items I was picking up.

TMNT was their best you fucking plebeian.

That makes more sense.
That still leaves the Optic goggles though. I'm sure I got them in File 3, but now I don't know how.

Your review was deleted, your powers don't work here.

It is in the salt mines

I can't stop dying in R3 cases. I miss being able to do cases on my first try. At least they're still easy to S+.

Attached: 1550863850668.png (591x512, 59K)

>I know you can use the right stick
Fucking how? Using the stick did nothing. Fuck motion controls

Attached: smile.gif (127x136, 67K)

Is there a list of the slime locations?

It's definitely not as good as it was hyped to be

If this was released as a multiplat, everyone here would be jizzing over it.

>W101 in first
Why is Yea Forums so obsessed with this fucking game? It's probably their most forgettable title aside from Madworld. Is it a combination of that and how light-hearted it is compared to the others?

nor was your mother

What's wrong with TW101 and God Hand?
>inb4 I can't come to terms with unorthodox controls so they must be bad

Automata >>> Bayo > Vanquish > TW101 > Astral Chain > MGR >= Madworld > The rest >>>>> Bayo 2 >> Korra >>> TMNT

my mother is great though

>glowing reviews
>every thread hits the bump limit
>considered a success by Platinum
>review bombed because it wasn't multiplat
What did OP mean by this?

Attached: IMG_2610.jpg (1280x1280, 197K)

The last bosses is basically using everything you've learned from the prior files and putting it to good use. I mean, as hard as it is, I am happy that they didn't wuss out and make him some pushover. I love getting my shit wrecked in for that fight because the joy from finally beating him after using everything at my disposal makes the game end on an incredibly high note, especially when you get that kino anime finish.

If Bayo 1 is the best Platinum can do then my image of their games just sunk, cause I only played that one and I thought is was fun but not my cup of tea.

Last boss is really good training for the post game. You'll come out as a better man out of it.

play metal gear rising
youtube.com/watch?v=WM33Hr94SKw
it's pure 100% unadultered fun

Bayonetta has the best combat, and that's really the only metric by which many on Yea Forums rate the Platinum games. Apart from that it has a few bad things too like horrible mandatory sections like the bike and the rocket sections and disgusting insta death QTEs, making for a great overall experience by not amazing.

>that video
I'm touching myself tonight.

You might wanna check your controller. Whenever I dropped my boxes, it was always because I forgot to NOT hold my controller for this section, and held it up like a dumbass, and just cruise on with right stick. The only time the right stick didn't work is when it was in red for more than 2~3 seconds, which counts as a drop, anyway.

What is with people's hate boner over Automata's combat? Detailed explanation please.

It seems like one of the, if not the least popular despite serviceability.

Does the red matter you collect during the Hall of Terrors bit not count towards your final 100%? Cause I don't see how you can collect all of it while not getting fucked by the RNG and instantly restarting?

I don't think anyone actually hates Automata's combat. I think people misunderstand the point of the game though.

Dodge into dodge making you fully invincible is terrible.
There is no reason to ever not be firing from the pod, you may as well tape that button down.
66% of the game is 9S, where the spear throw and hacking are ridiculously overpowered.
Most of the combat in the game is Asteroids on the same levels over and over.
The difficulty modes are a joke, Hard starts out extremely difficult but then chips quickly equalize everything to extremely easy. Very Hard isn't fun to play and is a literal developer joke.
The enemy encounters are really simplistic and the variety isn't there. Most enemies play out exactly the same way, I think the only memorable ones to me are the extremely cheap instakill kamikaze bots.
Potentially interesting enemy gimmicks like status effects don't actually seem to be implemented in the game - they're in one story encounter and that's it, the status ailment cure items are a bizarre unused addition.
Items in general are ludicrous to the point of seemingly not being tested, attack up items destroy every encounter in the game in seconds.

I think the longest segment of uninterrupted actual gameplay in Automata was running the towers, which might be the worst part of the game.

you only need 80% for the order/achievement. Grading for a File/Chapter isn't determined by red matter cleanup, but by items picked up, combat grades, chests opened, and secret places your dog can dig up.
>getting fucked by the RNG and instantly restarting
It's not random, the crystals target you. Stay on left side, and crystals appear on left. Stay on right side, crystals appear on right. It's not random, it's targeting you, but this makes it virtually impossible to collect 100% of the red matter.

I think for that hall of terror part, you're grading on time, so it's better to just skip trying to get all the red matter & not focus on not getting hit.

I've collected 100% of red matter in one stage, I didn't get anything special for it.

Attached: EDjdJ73XkAE_Wwn.jpg (1000x563, 78K)