Reminder that this was the last legitimate never-ever character that really mattered and had a real chance to make it...

Reminder that this was the last legitimate never-ever character that really mattered and had a real chance to make it this time and that every other pick you've seen in the past few months is bandwagoning shit no better than Reddit

Attached: PULL MY BANJO TRIGGER.gif (360x360, 748K)

Based banjo bro

Attached: f35.png (800x500, 816K)

Banjo never reached the popularity Geno had. You got lucky that Hero was confirmed from the start, otherwise it would have been Trashno the one who got in.

NOOOOOO BUT YOU’RE SUPPOSED TO SUPPORT ME

Attached: 6B812C25-C7F6-4B8F-847C-6B3C6D4C962D.jpg (256x272, 28K)

Tree, Banjo was the last piece of the Smash puzzle, the last Jiggy.

At this point everyone else is gravy. The only other character I really want is Doomguy but that's just "Hey it'd be nice if he was in" not "This character feels missing" like Banjo was.

Now that i got my bear and bird my support has moved over to geno yes.

>Banjo never reached the popularity Geno had.
Imagine believing this

He never did nigger. I've been following smash since 64. You got lucky zoomie.

Genofags actually believe this

is this the laugh at the genofag thread?

Attached: 1549773278318.jpg (419x480, 81K)

This is why no one takes Genofags seriously and laughs at them. The level of delusion is just so offputting that they make themselves targets for ridicule.

geno doesnt deserve to be in smash just a mii costume is good enough

Over half the people who want Geno at this point only know him through memes and have never cared about SMRPG

>t. Crashfag

Attached: 1547333956224.png (1347x719, 783K)

Next will be either Reddit Luigi or Geno

Attached: 1529082605939.gif (600x617, 1.45M)

Geno is gonna get in. He's not deserving, but his autistic fans have whined and whined for more than a decade, to the point where even people on the fringes of Smash speculation know of him as "THE never ever." Plus Sakurai wants him too. I can easily see him capping off Ultimate's DLC. At the very least, it means Genofags would finally shut the fuck up.

The fact that we got Everyone is Here, Ridley, K.Rool, AND fucking Banjo, along with the fact that we have more DLC coming, gives a pretty strong case for eventually getting Geno. It's highly doubtful he'll be in the fighter pass because of what that's specifically going for but I wouldn't be at all shocked if he shows up eventually. Sakurai seems really keen on going out with a bang with Ultimate and giving fans what they've wanted for a long time and Geno has consistently remained one of the loudest camps in Smash history.

>b-b-b-BUT HE'S ALREADY A SPIRIT!
I just don't think spirits mean fucking anything. We already have characters that have multiple versions of them for spirits that ARE fighters and it's not like they can't just tweak his original spirit data with a patch if they felt like it. Spirits are png files that mean nothing. Assist trophies, on the other hand, yeah, those most likely are finals nails in the coffin so characters like Skull Kid, Shovel Knight, Bomberman, and Waluigi are pretty firmly sitting this game out and have no second chances.

...nah

Attached: 1567718114918.jpg (1024x903, 70K)

What about Terry?

SNK gives out characters like candy on Halloween

Now that Banjo is in I've started giving my power to the Chibi-Robofags and Wonderfags. Those guys could use a little sunshine.

Attached: wonder-red.png (192x128, 36K)

reminder that banjo in and of itself was an e-celeb/zoomer/reddit bandwagon.

Attached: 1566937124791.jpg (540x504, 56K)

No, Geno is.

This. All Geno needs is a costume. They just need to fix the head and it'd be a damn nice Mii costume like Sans.

Honestly Geno is one of the few characters that really work as a Mii costume. Even Mii Gunners FS fits rather well.

The idea Geno mii costume isn't just a hat like in Smash 4, it's an actual full mask like Sans. That way they could get the proportions right and the whole costume would look very close to the real thing.

He doesn’t matter
I don’t care about what a bunch of autistic manchildren and rosterfags think
>complaint about bandwagoning
>posting Banjoke
How ironic u banjokes are completely annoying

If some faggot e-celeb helped me get my most wanted character from my favorite childhood video games into Smash, then I am totally fine with that and I'm even grateful they used their clout for this instead of something retarded like Geno

Attached: banjocool.png (634x451, 134K)

This onlybpeole who care about banjoke we’re autistic manchilds
Rest were just underaged meme shitters doing it because a fat Arab said to and rosterfags memeing in one of thern hurr durrr Dey deserve to be in rosterfags pics
Fuck Banjokes

Absolutely fucking based,

K Rool and Ridley were ok, and Banjo is great. We made out like a bandit with all the rosterfag bandwaggons like Geno, Ashley, Isaac and Shantae. What a shitheep.

Attached: ugleh.gif (480x270, 1.85M)

>trying to separate yourself from manchildren even though you're also the one who's playing a children's party game
Ok retard, anyways keep seething

Attached: 200.jpg (242x200, 7K)

IMAGIEN caring about some thing from ur childhood making it into a kids party gayme
Ur actually pathetic u stupid smelly looser get a life lmao
>muh childhood
That’s all Banjokes can go MUHHH CHILDHOOD
Like did u never grow up like is ur life that pointless and pathetic that u can’t get past a game u played when ur were like 10 or something
Lmao at ur life like is smash ur life or something u LOOSER
IMAGIEN caring about some dead ugly bear because u plays it as a kid
LOOOSER

Attached: 9AC2C878-E482-43A3-A263-F2714D0E8B0F.png (240x200, 62K)

>geno was never part of the never ever quartet
Yeah as if you were fucking there to witness it, dickheads. Geno has literally been with Banjo, K. Rool, and Ridley since melee and the fact that you guys are throwing him to the side like a piece of trash is appalling. None of you actually care about what others get, just your own selfish desires. I hope you get actual literal who shit like Reimu just because of the way you act.

seething

Someone brought up a really good point about Mii costumes. There's a lot of really awful looking ones, like the one hat with Tails face but you still see the Mii's face. It looks fucking awful but it still let's people see the Mii's expression. If it was just a mask, it's be pretty jarring in Smash to have Tails static face over a Mii fighter.

HOWEVER, Geno himself doesn't emote either. Same is mostly true of Sans or MM/SK or even Steve. These characters actually work well as a fully masked costume because they're minimally expressive.

Attached: freaksandgeeks.gif (490x368, 497K)

Reimu would unironically be 10x better than Geno

I don't even like Reimufags but comparing Reimu to Geno is an insult to Reimufags. Geno is more of a literally who.

>waluigi and bomberman are assist trophies
>goemon is a mii outfit
>rayman is a sticker
I don't even care about a season 2
they already blew it

Attached: veronica-dragon-quest-xi-echoes-of-an-elusive-age-48.2.jpg (210x240, 20K)

Reminder that Veronica got in before this literally who puppet faggot

Attached: 3A4F165D-3BFB-410A-BB10-EB2ACA8A7333.jpg (400x416, 25K)

>Geno himself doesn't emote either
i understand and agree but this is straight up false

I agree for the most part. I don't think I'd go so far as to shit on other Brawl era never evers but I'd never put Geno, Isaac, Waluigi, or Krystal on the same level of "But where the fuck is this character?" as Banjo, Ridley, and K. Rool. I guess Waluigi is that way for normalfags whose primary exposure to Nintendo is Mario spinoffs, and occasionally Pokémon and Zelda. Funny that Krystal was the only one to fall off completely after Brawl's release.

they axed his mii outfit, so he legit has a chance in season 2
but so do sephiroth and goku

meanwhile no playable waluigi, bomberman, goemon, rayman or other assist trophy/sticker characters ever

Not an argument
UR JUST MAD that I totally read ya face it all u Banjokes can go is muh childhood
GROW UP YA LOOSER UGLY MANCHILD
Just because u liked the game as a kid doesn’t man it should be in
Dumb retarded 2 gayme dead bear shouldn’t be In only added because of autistic retards and memeshitters throwing a hissfity
And no ur childhood isn’t an argument as to why it should be in neither is because it was “Nintendo histoy” because it wasn’t having one okay selling game on N64 isn’t histoy u fucking RETARDS and it has nothing to do with Nintendo thousands of games are on Nintendo consoles that sold wa better doesn’t they should be in either
GODN U BANNOKES ARE PATTHETIC

Attached: 75062A5A-7B93-45E5-8BCB-04F267366F68.jpg (316x316, 13K)

>Funny that Krystal was the only one to fall off completely after Brawl's release.
seems like sakurai did the right thing by satisfying the very few krystal fans left and adding her as an assist

Who left one of alice’s doll here in the trash bin? Why does it look so angry and irrelevant?

Attached: 179C3BE5-4F0C-4CE2-94F9-0EE1452A8483.jpg (1024x1024, 88K)

I refuse to believe that anyone wants Geno in the game out of genuine love of the character. You all have to be bandwagoning faggots who started chanting about him because you heard about him from another rosterfag. He's a fucking one-off side character that hardly does or says anything memorable and that you don't even have to use in your party.

Attached: 1516723718900.jpg (414x279, 68K)

PATHETIC!

*ahem*
FUCK EVERY OTHER SPIRIT AND FUCK YOU IF YOU THINK YOU'RE GETTING IN

that is all

Attached: 1542386915387.png (680x680, 126K)

I'm gonna take your reaction image, fake Sorafag, because I like it. Don't shit talk the Banjofags though, most of them are also Sorafags who will instantly see through your bullshit. You're wasting your effort trying to bait people who won't fall for your shit.

Attached: 5zty91y64le21.png (1919x1068, 1.03M)

>one of the two reimufags in existence come once mentioned
Your shitty anime girl will never get in the game. Might as well shoot for a mii costume that still won’t even be as good as geno’s

Skull Kid is the only one left that truly matters

Waddle Dee and Isaac are okay though

Attached: 1565513527515.png (704x711, 1.15M)

I just think Geno would be a cool addition, but I already know he has no chance
Im just hoping the mii outfit returning is good like Sans, the music is already a guaranteed thing so that's great

Attached: Geno.gif (200x325, 23K)

>NOOOOO UR NOT ALLOWED TO SAY THE TRUTH NOOO UR NOT ALLOWED TO DISLIKE SOME UGLY AUTISM BEAR
fuck off u falseflagging Banjoke ur not fooling anyone
I can say what I want and I mean EVERYTHING I TYPED
so fuck off with ur gay shitter autism character wars fuck off YA SPERG

>Most Banjofags are Sorafags
As a Sorafag myself who was also extremely pleased with Banjo what drew you to this conclusion? I was under the impression most Banjo fans were boomers who would've been too old to "get in" to KH anyway at the time

As far as Nintendo goes, you're absolutely right. However, as far as vidya in general is concerned, I think the two biggest bombs left are Dante and Sora.

Attached: 1545334844913.jpg (2570x2277, 644K)

Literally who?

I stopped feeling the "never ever" when they confirmed Ridley, honestly. The inclusion of Banjo, K. Rool, and Simon who were all similarly never ever didn't feel that mind boggling after seeing Ridley.

Nothing that’s just there gay headcannon also liking Banjoke
Please rope urself faggot

Geno is never getting in. Square in a pain in the ass to work with. We need a strong female character for the final DLC for the fighter pass, and who is stronger and more popular than Sylvanas Windrunner from WoW?

You didn’t reach the love and support that waluigi did. His reveal would break the internet thrice over than banjoke and sans combined

Attached: B68E6E13-1F56-49C0-8D07-9701C5FA72B2.jpg (970x749, 152K)

Think about the year KH1 released. 2002, barely two years after Tooie, and right after the first Devil May Cry. Make no mistake, KH is a boomer game, it just doesn't give that impression because of the writing style and subject matter. Anyone into action/exploration heavy 3D games around that time would have been way into it.

Attached: pizza_dante.jpg (774x690, 411K)

Ok. You have to be a falseflagger at this point.

Since third party characters were introduced in Brawl, I've wanted Megaman, Simon, and Banjo. It took a while, but I'm completely out of characters to support now. I literally don't know who they could reveal that I'd say "that's a good choice, I'm hyped" at this point. All the names that people throw around like Doom guy and Crash and Ryu don't do it for me.

M-MUH RAWEST FOREST

There's two things I wanna tell ya:

Mike Jones
Turok

Attached: 1554563421318.jpg (1280x720, 228K)

It seems what gets fan demanded characters in has a lot to do with WHY people want them in. They knew full well Geno and Waluigi were popular but I think the developers look at more than popularity. That's not to say those characters are impossible. With enough outcry I'm willing to bet any video game character is. It's just that Geno is still a party member from one spinoff and Waluigi is roster fluff no matter how many people want them. Ridley and K. Rool would still be the most iconic villains of two prolific and influential franchises without fan demand, Banjo would still be an N64 icon denied his future just as, if not more, beloved than any of the classic era characters they had already added without fan demand.

Also Sakurai keeps warning us that they're never gonna be able to do the shit they did in Ultimate again, and seems pretty keen on going as MUGEN as humanly possible here. So any Nintendo-owned character that fans want, like Octoling, Rex, Waluigi, and Waddle Dee, will probably be saved for the next Smash so they actually have characters to add.

i support geno because of bandwagoning
a lot of people are hyped about him and i wanna be a part of that
but being relatively inactive in social media i really have no bragging rights to gain if he were to actually get in
also i actually enjoy the character's premise; a warrior star spirit sent from the heavens to counter an evil force directly is really cool to me

Attached: file.png (601x800, 236K)

>I CANT HABDLE THE TRUTH
>that means ur a falseflagger WAYHHH
god u Banjokes are so annoying fukc off
I meant what I said or I wouldn’t have said it fuck off sorry u can’t cope with the fact ur whole argument comes down to butt muh childhood
God I HATE BANJOKES
GROW UP U SMELLY AUTISTIC MANCHILD

>Waluigi is roster fluff
No matter how many times you say this, it won't be true. He's Wario's counterpart, and been in a lot of games, and is highly recognizable. I bet more people would know his name than they'd know what to call King Boo yet people act like the latter is more of a character than Waluigi is.

I'm legitimately very curious how Geno caught on. I remember reading that he's been present on character polls since Melee (though I imagine the demand was far smaller then, and the "criteria" for what characters generally get in were less clear). His popularity definitely started to take off around Brawl, and has just ballooned since then. But out of ALL the characters to latch onto, why Geno? Even the simple answer of "I played SMRPG as a kid and thought Geno was cool" barely makes any sense because the role of "JRPG side character" is shared by THOUSANDS of other characters. Why Geno, specifically? I can't think of any reason why he should be a more popular pick than, say, Frog from Chrono Trigger, or Paula from Earthbound, but not only is he popular, he's popular to the point where people who just play smash casually and barely follow roster discussion have heard of his demand. What was the kernel that sparked this? I've been into Smash speculation since 2007 and it's still a complete mystery to me.

I would just like to take a moment to laugh at the people who were in denial over Nintendo being basically out of characters to add after Inkling.
>THEY AREN'T AT THE BOTTOM OF THE BARREL! LOOK AT THIS LIST OF CHARACTERS FEATURING THE LIKES OF CHIBI ROBO, ISAAC, AND PLAYER 4 FROM THE KIRBY GAMES
I'm glad they finally caved and went to the two most deserving fan requested characters their tone deaf asses couldn't be bothered to put in earlier.

>paula from earthbound
they really need to add porky. would be so great.

Are we really doing this? Are we still aggrandizing Waluigi? The people who only play Mario Kart, Mario Party, and Smash Bros, and haven't even played a Mario platformer since they were kids, think Waluigi is important. Being recognizable does not necessarily make for a good argument for inclusion.

He's never been the hero, he's never been the villain, he's always been an icon on a select screen. He has, at best, done some stuff in an intro cut scene and shallow sports game story modes. That is roster fluff. If he's Wario's counterpart then where are all those instances of him helping out in Warioland and Warioware? I don't even hate this guy, I think he's funny, he's got a lot of personality. I don't even hate the idea of him being in Smash. But he is the exact sort of character they'd fall on when they're out of hype characters of their own to add.

>when they're out of hype characters of their own to add
This is exactly the problem. After EVERYONE IS HERE and Inklings, Ridley, and K. Rool, there are no first party newcomers left that would generate significant hype aside from Waluigi. People have tossed around the idea that the only truly "deserving" first party character left is Dixie, which I basically agree with, but she would be a drop in the bucket now. Base game could have worked, but now that we're in full-throttle third party "they added THAT character?!" mode, no first party stands a chance.. except for Waluigi, who normies have memed so heavily that his inclusion would generate hype solely on the basis of le funny purple luigi waah man.

raymanfag here and eggman is a based pick

Eggfag here, Rayman is a based pick too

Ubisoft is a huge company and seems to be pretty damn loyal to Nintendo and definitely deserves a piece of the Smash pie. I can't see them not trying to force Rabbids in the first chance they get though.

You are basically correct, but like the other guy said they'll probably let him stew until the next game, where they've cultivated hype for a few more characters like Akira Howard, an ARMS character, another Xenoblade character, and another Splatoon character. Does Nintendo own Daemon? I kind of doubt given that they're sending it out to die this month.