How to fix Elder Scrolls combat

Basically directly rip off Kingdom Come's combat system

Attached: Kingdom-Come-sword-strike-angle.jpg (1920x1080, 407K)

Someone post the flying knight.

Too difficult for normies.

I haven't played Kingdom Come yet, but Dark Messiah has better first person combat.

At least you didn't say Mount and Blade.

no thanks.

You can get gamepass for 2 months for €2 and play it on that, only downside is you can't mod the UWP version

This but unironically

Kingdom Come has always felt like Oblivion with no magic and better combat to me

I own the game. I funded the kickstarter and got the collector's edition. It's on my backlog but my wageslaving is hitting levels i didn't think possible.

But what if I wanted to play in Third Person? How would this work. I ask this unironically because Elder Scrolls works ironically better in Third Person.

V is actually too young to remember that in daggerfall and morrowind the games used to actually have this kind of combat but it was too big brain for normied to handle and too hard to port to consoles so now we have push right trigger to hit shield scrolls series instead.

Kingdom Come's combat is not some shitty dice-roll system though. You literally get better at the combat by virtue of actually practicing it because it has a steep learning curve, although some combos are locked behind skill points

Fuck no. Combat in KC is heavily reliant on smooth unchanging FPS. If your FPS drops, you will mistime shit. Now imagine that combat with Bethesda programmers, the absolute madlads that tied their physics engine to current FPS and can result in objects flying everywhere on load. The same programmers that can't figure out how to make AI aware of elevation and use ladders.

Any low-tech rpg should use this combat system
Any FPS RPG should use the original Deus Ex's aiming system

nah just rip off mordhau combat

Kingdom Come combat is garbage. Dark Messiah with a few tweaks would be miles better.

Honestly the main improvement i would ask from Skyrim is that hits had actual weight to them. Hitting thigs just feels so insatisfying and floaty it kills all the emotion for me. And yes, i'm aware this is a problem across all games.

>hits had actual weight to them.
Kingdom Come doesn't have this problem, you can really feel when a mace hit connects

I honestly just figured this out this year lol. I only play skyrim on legendary due to autism and decided to run/rp a scimitar duel wielding alik'r warrior build to try something different.

Anyway, as I ran the build I instantly started to run into the issue of alik'r garb being clothes and not armor which meant I needed to be like a true redguard warrior and use my swift feet to dance around my opponent and never get hit. Unfortunately skyrim is designed like complete shit and armored two handed warriors can literally move forward faster than a no armored character can(seriously this objectively bad design, the game prevents you from using skill to beat opponents).

I complained about this to a friend and he told me to play in third person. He explained to me that strafing sideway and walking back is more effective in 3rd person and that the AI will be fooled into throwing out missed attacks more often. I tried the strat thinking it wouldn't work and to my utter surprise I was baiting out whiffed attacks from the AI with ease. I was legit dancing around them like a true alik'r warrior. Not only that, I swear to god attack animations have better reach in third person than first person in skyrim. I couldn't believe it.

Seriously, vegetable soup + duel attack scimitars + 3rd person and I was legit unstoppable in a duel with my alik'r warrior.

Attached: Kematu.png (600x1080, 946K)

Nah. I like Kingdom Come overall but the combat is not that good, definitely not good enough to be ripped off and put in a AAA game. Bethesda would be better off ripping off Chiv/Mordhau combat and calling it a day.

It doesn't matter though, the game is gonna be normie-pandering garbage that will just amount to being "Skyrim 2" regardless.

What the fuck man? Morrowind and KCD combat couldn't be more diffirent. Not saying both aren't great games.

KCD combat feels like you're just swinging around dry pasta. Doesn't even feel satisfying when you kill a guy. The only part of the combat that I liked, or anything involving weapons, was the bow. Mordhau, Chivalry, Mount and Blade and Jedi Academy/MB2 have all done it far better.

Morrowind was on the original Xbox...

Wouldn't that make magic boring as hell?

You could choose what type of attack you wanted to make having different effects but it still was basically just clicking until enemy died (moving the mouse in daggeffall case )

much too complex for an action RPG
also much too complex for an elder-scroll game

What the fuck is this neofag post

I think dark messiah would be a better path

Attached: dms.jpg (460x215, 36K)

Fuck, that sounds cool, too bad I am playing a witchhunter and aiming in third person in skyrim sucks

Attached: 07_comic_large-1.jpg (387x372, 168K)

Mix these combat systems together Yea Forums
>Chivalry
>Kingdom Come
>Dark Messiah
>WoW
>DMC
>Sekiro/Souls

What if Skyrim had a combat system closer to monhun?

Morrowind combat had training wheels.
It had "Always use best attack". If you think it was big brained you aren't.

I agree with this mostly because be able to use shit in the environment to your advantage (e.g. picking up vases and throwing them at people or kicking a shelf so it collapses on top of someone) is really fun.

Kingdom Come's combat is really bad though. 1v1 sword fighting is fine, but the second you're outnumbered the jank-ass lock on system completely fucks you over.

>that one chandelier in the mansion at the start that served no practical purpose besides killing everyone in the main room when the rope gets cute
Menalag was a crazy fucker