Rtx is pure garba-

>Rtx is pure garba-

Attached: 1566329122587.jpg (2380x2535, 2.69M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SqvfhFgFyhQ
youtu.be/gPFbzl-9i1U?t=397
youtube.com/watch?v=sFhc951RhfI
youtube.com/watch?v=xU7WGAJPRRw
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black-body_radiation
exif.regex.info/exif.cgi
youtube.com/watch?v=1IIiQZw_p_E
twitter.com/AnonBabble

pity reply

soul
soulless

-ge

>normal mode
>easy mode

Where does the red light come from? what's the light source? I don't see any red light bulbs in the pic.

Wait... where does the light even come from at all? There's no logical light source in any of the pics.

fpwp

Bottom looks terrible. Top has way better lightning.

Bro have you never played a fps with a magic chest light before?

Oh wait now I see the light source. Illogical that it would make red light though.

It is called color bleed. Illuminated surfaces illuminate the environment. Open your eyes for fuck sake.

It's from the flashlight reflecting off the red generator.

>RTX is just turning up the brightness
Yikes

Have you seen light come from anywhere but your computer monitor in your life?

A flashlight obviously, reflecting the metallic red paint on the generator. This is how light behaves.

if this is locked to certain graphic cards, it will feel like p2w on multiplayer

Light from the flashlight is reflecting onto the red generator, which reflects red light into the environment, and back into your eyes

Attached: wd legion.webm (1280x720, 2.68M)

The flashlight is reflecting of the generator onto the opposite wall but casting a shadow on the black guy?

I don't know man, to me is just unnecessary, or maybe it needs more time in the oven. I don't want and I will not buy a new gpu only to have little improvement in lighting.

Yes
That is how light behaves

light bounces off of objects, you mouthbreather.

>what is global illumination

>top picture FPS : 60
>bottom picture FPS : 28

>inb4 puddles arent mirrors autists

Attached: puddles night city.jpg (880x880, 220K)

What's funny is, that my friend who recently bought an RTX 2080 now suddenly sees rtx-enhanced visual effects. Even in games that don't feature them like for honor and gta5 Like

Woah

Is this the Power of the gullible buzzword consumer ?

/thread

>basement dwellers outed

So.... There's a small minority of pcfa*ts putting thousand of dollars in a powerful rig just to be able to have minor visual details available?

you sound like a jealous boi who only has an 480 amd shitter card

Niggers step the fuck outside once, Fucking shit doesn not glow and reflect like that .

I can see a fucking neon color thing casting light on a sunny day. Not fucking making a shed glow red.

Attached: 1565296071044.jpg (847x1024, 86K)

Sounds like those elite games with a 144hz monitor who see the difference clearly. But it is on 60hz.

holy shit you are dumb

fairly sure you can do that without locking it down behind 3k hardware and shitty bloated proprietary software :D:D:D:D

Haha yep.
Sure is pure garbage.

>RTX off actually looks better
nice overpriced gimmick, marketing

where the fuck is the light source?
Is it the player with a flash light?
do these retards not understand how a flashligh works?
it flashes an area, it doesn't illuminate a room light an exposed fucking light bulb

nzo beans

you just turned up the brightness that's it

Ironically, it sounds like you should try walking into a pitch black room and shining a flashlight onto various objects

That's not how light works though. Shining a light on metallic surface won't make it become radiant and illuminate the surroundings, if anything it'd reflect the light back at you and blind you from looking at it.

thats why we see so many games with that tech

Top is more scary and atmospheric.

so sleeping dogs but with a 4k USD hardware requirement, right.
damn nigga, installing yakuza 0 right the fuck now

Maybe it's a generator made out of wood, you don't know you faggot.

>driving on the right side of the road
I thought this was in London?

RTX is good when used the right way.

Based Finn

Attached: Control Screenshot 2019.09.02 - 19.05.18.46.png (2048x1152, 3.09M)

ALL INTERIOR LIGHTING IN VIDYA IS FAKE. WE CAN GET LIGHTING LIKE BOTTOM PIC FOR LITTLE TO NO EFFORT IN ANY GAME WITH RAY TRACING. YOU'RE ALL IGNORANT TARDS.

Attached: 22101-7-1487354952.jpg (1920x1080, 1.16M)

>spending thousands of dollars just so the light behaves slightly more accurate in a scene from a video game that'll last less than a minute

LOLOLOL

light will bounce forever until it either has been completely absorbed and turned into heat energy (that's why black clothes get so hot) or finally lands inside of your eyes and is turned into electrical signals that your brain interprets into an image.

There is no need to use it for that kind of stuff, there are mirrors in games already, normally they just clone the same room and put the character model on the other side just copying the movement of the player, or just add a camera that renders the image in the mirror texture, thats a lot less stressful for the fps than using rtx.

>that's why black clothes get so hot
thats a myth you retard, it all depends on material

The first looks more realistic. Unless the game is set in the 90s where flashlights were still incandescent and used size D batteries. Modern LED flashlights are basically wide-spread lasers and wouldn't light up the window like that.

What's up with the interior fog in this game? I know you can turn it off in the console, but come on

I think it's a one way street. Do they have those in London?

>Yea Forums is scientifically illiterate and completely retarded: The Thread.

I'm still completely unimpressed with RTX. It's basically a handjob to devs to make coding lighting 10x easier. Not something you'd pay $1200 for a new GPU for at all.

We could get shadows without effort already without raytracing, the reason we don't is consoles. Also bottom looks worse besides the shadows, too bright.

yeah it's a nice effect, but it needs to do it without killing 40 frames in the process.

It is fucking garbage if I'm forced to play at 30fps or lower for some fucking lighting revolution.

Attached: 1557615450817.jpg (512x384, 18K)

>coding lighting

Attached: 1504082576117.png (645x729, 50K)

>i don't understand what im talking about but going to make a decision based off my ignorance.

I hope you don't vote.

People still think Doom 3's razor shadows is what they're supposed to look like, what did you expect.

Top is objectively worse. You can complain about the brightness or whatever, but bottom is an objectively superior lighting setup. There is objective criteria by which environmental and interior lighting can be arranged. For example, the back wall in the top right image isn't even reacting to the center lamp. In the bottom one, it is, and it has excellent shaping because of it. You are a moron.

it's so you can imagine the smell

Attached: rtx lara chonk.jpg (700x700, 83K)

You do realize that the lights set up in 3D rendered environments are just objects that have to be given lighting variables? Direction, intensity, RGB, strobe pattern, angle, spread, etc? It all has to be set up. RTX eliminates that. But that has nothing to do with the consumer.

lrn2pc

Working in 3dcg and reading every Yea Forums says about ray tracing hurts my soul.

Attached: image0-25.jpg (750x752, 93K)

That's how light behaves, but it's not how the human eye perceives the illumination behind an LED torch. When you're behind a torch, unless it's some ultra powerful mini-spotlight, you won't be seeing much outside of the beam's radius. I don't know the exact scientific bullshit behind it, but I've spent enough time behind torches in the dark fixing broken down cars to tell you that anything outside of the torch's beam may as well be pitch black.

>doesn't understand at all how lighting works
nice bait

You can achieve dynamic lighting without hardware that has a gimmick designed into it. This is just lazy programming to sell a product. I bet Nvidia paid to have them cut dynamic lighting out of the game for non-RTX gamers.

>RTX eliminates that.

And this is why you're the dumb one.

>Direction, intensity, RGB, strobe pattern, angle, spread, etc? It all has to be set up. RTX eliminates that.
Holy fucking shit please tell me you are joking. You can't be real. Holy fuck.

Attached: 1434664464276.gif (628x402, 2.99M)

Yeah the floor is also a little wet and a metallic wood so it really reflects well.

>lets disable ambient occlusion and all other lighting tricks to make out overhyped gimmick tech look better in comparsion
this is literaly every rtx on/off pic in one sentence

Retard, you would still define all of that information (this is done by level designers and not "coders" in btw.)

The difference is pre compiled rendering of map lighting or realtime light rendering. Fuck you are so dumb. Do not reply to me.

I guess it is, the road just looks extremely large is all

>ALL INTERIOR LIGHTING IN VIDYA IS FAKE
yes
all lighting technologies besides raytracing are inherently fake because they're faking how light works, not simulating it
source engine has baked raytracing though which is neat

Games haven't done in a decade retard

>buying Nvidia marketing gimmicks

Sad little zoomies.. Everyone has to learn for themselves, right?

> RTX eliminates that.
No it fucking doesnt you mong.

>110% perfomance cost to make it worse

Just to prove my point: This fucking engine sample what OP's post states to be tied to the function of a FUCKING GRAPHICS CARD.

Didn't even notice that, also easily fixable without raytracing, and still not as bad as the brightness reaching clipping levels. Your image is bad and you're retarded.

RTX isn't dynamic lighting retard

youtube.com/watch?v=SqvfhFgFyhQ

Attached: CNTRL63.jpg (3840x1673, 3.75M)

ITT: poorfag AMD neets

Actually, it does you tech-illiterate dumb fucks. You don't get it. Those lights have to be set on every reflective surface. RTX handles that automatically. A single flood light consists of a dozen different light markers. With RTX, it only uses one.

Certainly makes the game look less spooky.

>could have just placed a dim red light source inside the engine
>nope, let's just use 50% of the resources simulating light bouncing off the walls.

ITT: Retards that don't know the difference between real time simulation and faking realistic lighting.

>everyone ITT doesn't realize the mountain of hacks that have been developed to make video games look better, are optomized for in all gpu's
>everyone ITT doesn't realize real time raytracing is a very new advancement and won't have the optimization behind it that the past 30 years of 3d lighting hacks do

Attached: FACTS.gif (480x205, 1.54M)

>what is dynamic light

Welcome to Yea Forums.

>here are mirrors in games already, normally they just clone the same room and put the character model on the other side^
That's not a mirror that's a window

Attached: CNTRL7.jpg (3840x2160, 3.17M)

>could have used hack to make it look real
>instead simulates actual lighting
retard

>moves goal posts
>doesn't understand single light source workarounds to cheat not simulating real lighting

Still the retarded one here.

cringy gif

I just entered this thread to check out the usual hivemind reply.
Ok we're good. I'm living now.

Attached: 1538850078763.png (299x398, 239K)

>I'm livid now

There are no value clippings that I can see, but I agree the shadows are far too deep. There isn't enough ambient light. My point remains, in that even if it is easy as you say, it was clearly not done. This is likely not because bethesda lighting artists are incompetent, but because they are restricted by time. No competent lighter would ever consider the top row of images finished products. If ray tracing tech allows for scenes to be more quickly assembled at a higher quality, then it is a beneficial technology, regardless of whether it is cost efficient for most people right now. That is all I meant to say.

>Those lights have to be set on every reflective surface. RTX handles that automatically.
except you will now have to manually set the reflective qualities of every object you want to reflect light instead of a flood light.

Cant they just pre render this and bake it into the game? Why do they need to render it in real time outside the flashlight.

Unironically looks like half life 2 with hdr enabled.

>I want static """cinematic""" trash that console movie designer made for me instead of dynamic engine rendering something new every time
Console niggers, everyone.

I don't know why shit like this crack me up.

Attached: betty.jpg (435x414, 15K)

2013 on PS3
youtu.be/gPFbzl-9i1U?t=397
Notice the color bleed from when the flashlight lights up colored surfaces.

>implying he doesnt whine that there is zero difference

When is the last time you played half life 2? It looks nothing like that.

>Cant they just pre render this and bake it into the game? Why do they need to render it in real time outside the flashlight.
pre baking is more dev work and has to be done bespoke for everything, as well as it won't capture every detail (see source engine cubemaps and baked radiosity)
realtime is so much easier

right, because full dynamic lighting is so in vougue these days.

look at this fucking colors
on bottom shadows dont exist

Flash lights at best

No, they don't. Reflectivity is a value assigned to material you fucking moron. This is calculated during a map compile and rendering which takes hours through a high computational rendering server. Idiot.

because the game has a day and night cycle

>except you will now have to manually set the reflective qualities of every object you want to reflect light instead of a flood light.
yes, that's how it's supposed to work

Heh

Attached: yore.png (388x51, 2K)

All of these big open world games have to have mostly dynamic lighting because high resolution bakes would be terabytes of data.

>This is calculated during a map compile and rendering which takes hours through a high computational rendering server. Idiot.
what
why would you bake that into the fucking map

Yeah, exactly! It's a fuckin' expensive gimmick that we don't need because it's overly complicated and could be simulated. Also, sorry for my inability to properly English today.

Yesterday.

Reflecfing images is not exactly ground breaking.

Enjoy your 40 terabyte video game downloads instead of 60gb.

i dont want to troll on shill or anything but i seen some video about RTX on and off but i really cant tell the differnece in them

Nice.

Attached: download (8).jpg (257x196, 5K)

Because realtime ray tracing didn't fucking exist yet.

>more realistic lightning for 30 FPS

Think I'll pass

I mean RT is useful in the future when they can do proper implementations but currently the implementations are fucking laughable.
OP's pic is pure shillery and they are pretending like that effect can't be done without RTX.

I support raytracing so I no longer have to see games with lighting as shit as this.

Attached: gears18.jpg (3840x2160, 2.57M)

>takes hours
>but can be rendered in real time

Attached: 1439851713_doubt.jpg (536x800, 60K)

Nigga ray tracing PREVENTS all of those steps you just listed. Just slap it on and you don't have to waste time placing 100s of lights into the scene so it looks vaguely realistic or fiddling about with mirroring assets. RTX fucking sucks but ray tracing is going to make development cycles much less stressful in the long run.

ofc it exists, it just needs a high end GPU (or several of them)

youtube.com/watch?v=sFhc951RhfI
what's this then?

>implying its any larger than the bloated sound files

I'd rather buy 15 extra games for my switch rather than upgrade my perfectly serviceable 1070 just to have slightly nicer lighting effect ar 25 fps.

WTF ps3 had raytracing?

Attached: 1500891486393.webm (1280x720, 2.87M)

It's baked in in source engine
Also, HL2 is 15 years old and games have been using shitty SSR or cubemaps for a decade now

Attached: 20190714185539_1.jpg (3840x2160, 2.21M)

lmao they did this same shit 8 years ago
how does anyone fall for it still?

youtube.com/watch?v=xU7WGAJPRRw

Whoa! This is the power of the ps3!

Literally none of you retards have any idea how standard PBR materials and basic lighting calculations work. Don't talk about graphics tech if you don't know shit.

BUT TECHLETS TOLD ME THIS IS UNREALISTIC AND GARBAGE LOOKING WTF AMDBROS WHAT DO WE DO NOW??!!

I can't watch your video but I imagine it's some realtime rt video. The point is consumer electronics that are "affordable" and efficient. Not a $200k rendering server owned by Pixar.

Yea Forums is all children that won't do research to learn things

>Niggers step the fuck outside once, Fucking shit doesn not glow and reflect like that .
Maybe you should go outside at night for once, because that's exactly how the moon functions.

Is RTX possible without washing up the entire screen?

>play a horror or atmospheric game
>turn rtx on
>it's not even remotely scary or immersive anymore because it looks like everything's being illuminated by a 500 watts bulb

>It's baked in in source engine

And the problem is?
It also runs at 120 fps on a toaster.

>RTX On
>45 fps
>RTX Off
>~100
Shit sucks. It looks so good but I can't stand by trading my feeps for lighting.

because its a pc exclusive nvidia setting, doesnt have to be downgraded for consoles and works for the other games that use it

Attached: CNTRL60.jpg (3840x1673, 3.74M)

>apply rtx to a game that didn't adjust to it correctly
>rtx is garbage.

You do realize even movies fake their lighting because real life is garbage at times?

>Yea Forums is this tech ilitterate
sampling cubemap probes from relative camera direction is not the same as the real reflections that RTX enables. To even compare an ancient dinosaur of a game like HL2 to modern rendering engines shows how out of depth you are on the subject. You'd think PC enthusiasts would know a thing or two about how this shit works considering how often they bitch about technological progress.

Attached: rays.jpg (800x500, 167K)

the fuck is your definition of afforable?
actual full raytracing for shit like movies requires that much computational power, yes. Videogames don't

I feel like this is another excuse to not put effort into lighting for AAA games. Good lighting can REALLY make a game look better than it should, but only if they put effort into it. Look at F.E.A.R., that's great lighting with obvious effort that actually looks good (For its time) and adds to gameplay. What does this add but some cinematic movie after-effect shit that isn't intended for the game's actual gameplay experience? It adds nothing but it looks good for "muh immersion". I understand the point for developing better graphics but this feels like it will make devs lazier.

Games have had this for decades. Why are they selling us early 2000s tech for double the price of what the card should cost?

They published a paper on how that was implemented. It's pretty expensive and low resolution and only works on the flashlight. RTGI works on all the lights in the game.

>devs back then
>we found a way to use our shitty hardware to just barely juice it out and get everything we can with tricks and simulations

>devs now
>well you can buy this new 2,000 card that simulates an effect in realtime that looks the same as games back in 2007 using prebaked textures

Still asshurt you got called out in the gears thread earlier?

What point are you trying to make? You just agreed with me.

They dont use cube maps for water reflections you fucking toad.

RTX cards are "affordable" and do raytracing

RTX is not real time ray tracing in the way you think it is user and it is STILL crippling the shader array of Nvidia cards as the tensor cores don't actually take that much of the load (as the instructions come via the shaders first).

What would be a solution given the specialised nature of ray tracing is a dedicated accelerator (in b4 "hurr durr thats what a gpu is") but then we might as well be back in 1996.

Not even good bait

Baked textures are terrible and they're the reason why we don't have more fully destructible environments. I fucking hate consoles for stopping PC's progress, Crysis was the last revolutionary game.

Correct.

Games have not had accurate full scene reflections ever. They sometimes have reasonable reflections for one or two surfaces in a given scene. The rest is cubemaps and SSR which are garbage solutions.

try using baked reflections in an open world game with dynamic day night cycles and weather effects

Attached: 2fa254aa3352defffbb26856876f326b.jpg (1925x1115, 730K)

99% of games games do. There are also planar reflections but consoles can't handle them and I don't know of a single game using them

Just bake the texture with the destroyed enviroment.

>i don't know what prebaked textures are the game

>CONSOLES ARE HOLDING BACK VISUALS!! FUCK CONSOLEFAGS WE NEED BETTER TECH NOW!!

>OMG I HAVE TO GET A NEW GPU FOR BETTER TECH!! WHY CANT WE HAVE DECADE OLD TECH!! IT RUNS FINE ON MY GT 430!!! WTF!! FUCK PROGRESS!!

Attached: 1568011108668.png (261x215, 19K)

Source doesnt use cubemaps for water reflections. Their water reflections would look shit if that was true

Attached: water.jpg (1920x1080, 348K)

>just bake an infinite amount of possibilities, bro!
Can you just admit that raytracing is the solution

Mirrors edge desu.

It is garbage looking, there's just a trigger placed on VERY SPECIFIC colored surfaces that when you look at them + with the flashlight on then it activates the light source. It makes it to where game devs need to manually place all of these instances or spend time coding something that could manually detect this. RTX saves time and looks better

>destroyed
>un-destroyed
>infinite

I dont hate rtx because the lighting looks nice in some situations, but this seems like ite encouraging even lazier devs.

Yeah now do that for an open world game and get back to me.

Why cant they code something that automatically builds in triggers to the map that simulate this?

You can only have one or two planar reflections in a scene for a reasonable cost. Having them interact with material roughness and normal maps is a rough approximation. It's not at all comparable to accurate full scene reflections.

Open world is shit for this exact reason desu.

How fun is it being a mouth breather?

You don't make two pre baked images and call it a day when you want infinite reactions with an environment.

If you do anything in the environment not baked in it will look anywhere from looking a tad off to terrible.

>no, it's not using THAT terrible hack, it's using THIS terrible hack!

What's the point of a destructible environment, then? RTX would allow for games with Mercenaries 2 level of variability to look as good as today's games.

Well guess what, it exists and tech will be made for it.
Tech progression doesn't give a shit about your opinion.

Ohoho now the rtx advocate wants to scale back the costs lol.

That terrible hack doesnt tank my fps for the exact same effect as this.

Lazy devs dont give a shit

>>destroyed
>>un-destroyed
>>infinite
Crysis (2006? 2007?) had in one map hundreds of destructible trees. Dozens of destructible buildings, which got destroyed in different ways if you used different weapons and hit them in different places. That's impossible to do with baked lights.
And it's not just that, do you have any idea the memory that a lightmap needs? Imagine swapping up the lightmaps in real time? Impossible, the game would freeze.

this may work in a smol environment but try making an ow game with that
consoles would die

Attached: 20180730152253_1.jpg (3840x2160, 1.82M)

Why do poor neets hate technical progress more than some dying boomer?

>when you want infinite reactions with an environment
Why do you need that?

Using that argument we would've never moved on to 3D games because early 3d was as bad as rtx now

You can't pre bake an open world environment with a day night cycle without limiting the player heavily or causing extremely high download sizes.

You're the reason we get games without physic interactions like F.E.A.R.

What effort? FEAR had stencil shadows which didn't take much effort to implement and made all lights cast dynamic shadows automatically. This is why the game looked good and it had nothing to do with effort.

that effect wont work in a game with dynamic lighting and weather
the puddles arent always there and not always on the same spot

the difference is in your and the developers wallet

Are you retarded?

Looks shit and consoles cant handle rtx either way desu.

see
Its not actually infinite but its so many that its not feasible to pre bake.

not garbage but not good enough to make me buy beta tester cards lel

No it wasnt. Early 3d games were optimized as fuck.

Because progress means their 290 they had to save up to for 2 years becomes obsolete.
They will have to save up money for another 2 years so the only food they can have is cheap soups and McDonalds when they give their special deals again.

Attached: 1567959468593.png (600x600, 170K)

Sure looks different, how is this going to make games any better?

>implying "destroyed" is a single state on not an essentially infinite amount of variability based on exactly what the player did

>You're the reason we get games without physic interactions like F.E.A.R.

Fear used baked textures...

for gaming rtx is a nice bonus and not worth an rtx card alone. but for blender dumbasses like me it's going to be great.

Attached: benchmark6-victor-blender-2.8-cpu-and-gpu-1-624x389.jpg (624x389, 42K)

I love this image, it's the ultimate retard detector

>Looks shit
no shit, it's SSR, what every game uses nowadays

Attached: ssr yikes (1).webm (1280x720, 908K)

Half the cost of RT reflections is shading the surface the reflections hit. This cost is the same as planar reflections. Obviously a single raster pass is cheaper than equivalent rays but if you want to do it for more surfaces with roughness and normal maps it will end up more expensive.

wait, meant to post this one

Attached: cycles-rtx-performance-1.png (602x473, 19K)

So youre saying we need to real time render physics and rtx rendering?

It's a lamp you mongoloid. Look at the screenshot.

Yeah and when games got better textures/engines/models it became less and less feasible to do baked and still look nice.

Which is why we have rtx...

Keep up.

Yes

>push the brightness slider up
>same result

wooohoo, fucking magic

>mfw nvidiots

Attached: 1567821050694.webm (1440x810, 2.84M)

Yes but they looked like shit

Dumb sataniaposter

Old slave games like STALKER had dynamic lighting, which means an object will only light up under a source of light in the environment.
Why do we need to use light tracing? If I understand it correctly, game developers will need to produce a game with RTX support. But why should we pay for an overpriced GPU for that? Game dev could simply go back to Full dynamic lighting instead of using fake lighting which is currently used.

Attached: 1562243279731.jpg (610x357, 87K)

no it's not you retard it's clearly a directional light

Attached: 1416145700051.webm (640x360, 2.9M)

Attached: 1567283273336.gif (500x491, 376K)

dynamic lighting isn't ray tracing.

Why are anime posters always either retarded or ironic shitposting to pretend they are retarded?

Quake still holds up

say goodbye to your colors

How does this affect gameplay?

Attached: 1555936206854.jpg (231x250, 7K)

>Game dev could simply go back to Full dynamic lighting
They would if not for consoles, at least with RTX we get away from console parity for a bit

More physics based games that don't need pre baked environments.

>i don't understand how gpu's work, so everyone is a retard

Attached: 1567221273336.gif (500x500, 702K)

it makes the game last 2x as long

Attached: duuuude.jpg (288x268, 70K)

how does this affect gameplay

Attached: spiderman wtf lmao.webm (1280x720, 1.34M)

YOU CAN CLEARLY SEE THE LAMP, RETARD

>ITT people who never used a flashlight in pitch dark
bottom looks like ass

there's no lamp in the picture fuck off idiot

woah...so this is the power of cube maps

Attached: led-multi-color-balloon-3.jpg (600x600, 30K)

lmao

>not a flashlight

Bottom is already achievable with standard global illumination technology available for 10 years. RTX is a jewish marketing scheme to push graphics cards sales on retards who love buzzwords.

Attached: feet.jpg (680x680, 65K)

ITT: retards who can't differentiate between a technology and an artist's implementation of said technology

its a light shining on a color and that color is making the room brighter

>how should be alienate any potential rtx gpu buyers?
>I know, lets put characters that remind people of sad things like rape and destruction of the west into our comparison slides so that way they'll associate rtx with rape. rtx, rape, rtx, rape.
>brilliant

WHAT IS THIS THEN YOU FUCKING MORONIC FAGGOT

Attached: Screenshot_20190909-231450.png (1080x1920, 532K)

Tell me what realtime GI solution you would use.

Yes it is you mongoloid. RTX just traces a fuckton more rays but the math is the same. Trace a ray from the pixel to the light source. RTX just happens to bounce that ray around while traditional dynamic lighting doesn’t but the math isn’t any different

But who the fuck cares about ray tracing outside of dynamic lighting benefits? This isn't a movie and most games won't even try to simulate the real life. AAA game devs settled at having realistic physics and a world feels and looks "real", but nobody would step into photo realistic domain.

Figures as much. Console hacks like not processing game outside of FOW don't work with FDL.

name 10 games with real time global illumination

Well, they literally aren't.

Attached: 1567786016754.png (845x876, 257K)

that "colour" is also a translucent MATERIAL
THE MATERIAL FUCKING MATTERS

Biggest issue I have with this crap is now devs will aim for 40fps on fucking PC and call it a day.

>a red generator acts like a balloon with light coming from inside of it
ok retard

Thats the problem with rtx.

Nice.

With RTX we’ll enter a new age of
>can it run crysis?
And I love it. Seething poorfags, don’t even @ me

This

the lighting in the RTX one is realistic-ish

the reason it FEELS unrealistic is because of the sheer amount of colour. our eyes are very bad at seeing colour in the dark, to the point low level light conditions are black and white or close to it.

if they wanted this shit to look realistic, darker areas should have colour desaturation applied. and for the record with raytracing, that can be tracked and calculated for literally every light source.

Attached: 23c4a0db6bc76a4c670f3c3e02310cd4[1].png (4292x2258, 219K)

Looks to me like it's multiple lights from inside the balloons.

>rtx is bad because our dev team was too lazy to hire a lighting director/use correct materials

metal reflects light

ge

If you dont buy our special chip we'll black out half the screen to make the game harder for you!

Wow so this is the future?

you can inject indirect illumination into hundreds of games using enbseries

also crysis had a basic raytracer shader in 2007

not to mention the sims 3 had ray tracing for the window lights in 2009

Yes rtx is lazy and promotes laziness.

I can tell you it (it meaning better, prettier graphics) doesn't affect immersion in the slightest. We humans are pretty good in immersing ourselves in just few simple pixels: we don't need reflections and pretty 3D forests and valleys and waterfalls.After hte initia; 'Wow' - effect, it doesn't matter that much anymore for and games (I do think,: it's the opposite even, too complex graphics, dynamics and gameplay elements can 'break' immersion very easily once something is off).
TL:DR Graphicswhores are reaching for some kind of retard gaming utopia that simply doesn't exist. It will always be fake: no matter the layers of paint. Your own immersion is the key, how realistic light is simulated doesn't matter at all.

Attached: 1566993001639.jpg (555x555, 53K)

It's not a flashlight, retard-chan. If you look real hard at the image and squeeze all your brains together you may be able to identify it.

Devs love it because theyre overworked as it is and need help so they dont have to work 80 hr weeks developing their games

One of the only intelligent posts in this entire thread
>rtx is lazy
A technology cannot be "lazy"
>promotes laziness
How so?

METAL isn't a one shoe fits all material you fucking retard, stop posting

But is right. I didn’t know the science behind it but if you’ve ever used a torch in a pitch black night you’ll know that you can’t see colors as clearly.

that's a floodlight and it's not on dumbass

Screen space color bleed is not GI. SSAO is not GI.

>accurate dynamic lighting won't affect stealth/horror games

Attached: oitsxx9evn011.png (169x206, 44K)

It's because your eyes adjust to having more light available for them to take in.
It's why you can't see much outside a bright room at night, or why anything outside of a campfire seems really dark.
Adding light for you to see makes your pupils contract and basically "turns off" your night vision.

>its easier to do
>the results are better
>BUT I HAVE TO UPGRADE MY PC WTF WHY CANT MY 460 RUN DARK SOULS 3 WHAT A FUCKING SHIT OPTIMIZATIONG RAGAAAAAA A I WISH WE COULD GET PS2 GRAFIX AGAIN GAMEPLAY IS MORE IMPORTANT!!

Attached: 1552158918707.png (231x218, 8K)

Every fucking surface in the universe reflects light except for a fucking black hole. Kys.

top looks unironically far more atmospheric.

rtx is worthless meme trash in this day and age where traditional lighting techniques have become so good that raytracing meme is rendered pretty much worthless

Man, who knew post-Brexit London was recovering from a biblical flood?

I unironically prefer the top image

Yeah bottom is unrealistic, read the latest posts here. But RTX is still cool in my book, that's just a very bad example of it

>complaining about rain, in fucking London

Attached: 1567944794840.jpg (250x250, 7K)

a simple experiment

Attached: IMG_20190909_152336543.jpg (4032x3024, 2.49M)

>Half the cost of RT reflections is shading the surface the reflections hit.
No it isn't. The cost is traversing the polygons as you have to build a BVH/bounding volume heirarchy which is quicker to traverse.

just reminded me of the time i was a kid alone in the house when the lights went out, i turned on a flashlight and it scared the shit out of me

Attached: IMG_20190909_152332292.jpg (4032x3024, 2.24M)

top and bottom are both realistic in different ways. bottom has more realistic lighting, but the top has realistic desaturation which makes it look better. if the bottom had accurate desaturation it'd look incredible.

Duke Nukem 3D from 1996 had mirrors.
>B-B-BUT THESE WERE NOT REAL MIRRORS REEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!111

no one gives a shit how an effect is being achieved as long as it does the job.

RTXfags are absolute corporation dronetards

>B-B-BUT MUH REFLECTIONS IN PISS PUDDLES!!!1

>traditional lighting techniques have become so good
No they haven't. Developers spend literal years hacking together workarounds to try and implement stuff like GI and AO and it still never looks realistic enough unless it's pre-baked in which case ray-tracing has been used anyway.

That's no what I said, or implied, at all.

Don't even reply please.

>the reason we don't is consoles
Yeah, sure

Attached: 1542657188780.jpg (800x800, 61K)

holy based

AMD shareholders absolutely BTFO

10 million hours in paint

Attached: IMG_20190909_223053.jpg (2380x2535, 3.77M)

Yes its on look at the shadows fuckface

I can play modern PC games on my 6 year old budget PC with a steady 30-40fps, which is STILL BETTER THAN CONSOLES.

>realistic lighting won't make games more immersive
Okay retard

still looks like ass

Your shitty phone camera changed color temperature

>RTX cards have variable RT cores depending on which card you get
>this means developers have no way to account for whether you're on a 2080ti or a 2060 Super, etc, beyond trying to configure the resolution output of things in a stiff and awkward manner
>the disparity of performance is quite a marked change between each card and the RT core counts they have so it's not some small issue
Seriously NVIDIA, what the fuck

Attached: t99zlVL.png (1836x1032, 2.65M)

rtx isn't worth the money/fps drop
looks cool but nah fuck that

So, shining a flashlight at a dirt covered red metal generator will light up an entire room? Why can't I get shit to work like that in real life?

seething AMDcuck

you can

Attached: 1546639474758.jpg (568x447, 37K)

Turning a light on in any dark room would brighten the whole room up obviously, even from a dinky flashlight. The colors reflected off of what you shine the light onto would also affect what you see around you as a dominant color. It's basic physics and lighting logic. Do you paint all your walls and things emo black or something?

bottom looks fucking awful, what the hell is wrong with you?

plugin and it works desu. its like the mocap of lighting.

>real life physics look awful!!

It might be neat but it's not worth the price at all.
What kind of idiot buys prototype shit?
You're better off with a GTX 1660 or Radeon 5700 (XT)

Every time I'm reminded of this, I remember how they utterly fucked up the ammo system so hard gatling laser eats your fusion cores a fraction of a time if you switch up your weapons. The amazing programmers there at Bethesda never seizes to amaze me.

imo its way to exaggerated in OP

Attached: IMG_20190909_153431173.jpg (3264x2448, 1.48M)

>real life look awful!!

yes.
that's why we play video games.

Yes, they have you braindamaged consumer whore.

Attached: rtx meme on or off.jpg (1920x1080, 291K)

It's actually because faggots like you, refusing to upgrade so devs work (and look good) to make games run on toasters that are even worse than current consoles.
>fps
Yeah no shit. You can actually set settings on PC unlike on consoles

Attached: IMG_20190909_153809915.jpg (3264x2448, 1.56M)

flashlight is shining off of the paint on the generator
the light shouldn't be that vivid though

what game?

off, thered be more subsurface prob.

im gonna say off

Between these two pics is a $1000 difference. Justify that, you failed abortion Blow it out your ass you shit eating retard.

Attached: rtx meme on or off 2 electric boogaloo.jpg (1920x1080, 286K)

Bathroom Downunder

overlay the top image with the bottom image.

Attached: MW-RTX-PC-01A.jpg (1920x1080, 216K)

clown
clownless

honestly this looks better and I think its rtx off.
the sharpness of the shadows and the framing looks better.

its less realistic but way more moody.

>rtx is the be all and end all of raytracing
Learn to read you fucking cretin, I never implied RTX was great, but saying traditional rendering methods are enough is a fucking retarded statement

shit, only noticed it when I saw both images to compare. still prefer the second one tho.

Why is the light making his shadow go sideways? This is just poor implementation.

maybe when devs give me a fucking reason to upgrade I'll upgrade

>we

>implying any company is going to take the time to put that shit in their games

Attached: 1422258413684.webm (640x360, 2.04M)

Yea Forumse

>traditional lighting techniques have become so good that raytracing meme is rendered pretty much worthless

Attached: 1559280387039.jpg (2795x3264, 781K)

that was such a shitshow.

It only affects the shadows in MW so the difference won't be huge obviously.

Having actual contact shadows is nice though.

Attached: 1566234904786.png (1006x1080, 756K)

Makes me wonder why people even watch e3 trailers and shit

Haha you meant to type ceases but you typed seizes

Attached: Screenshot_11.png (681x594, 626K)

I hate this shit so fucking much.

Fucking this. The fact that a decade old game still has superior baked-in lighting to any real-time modern equivalent perfectly demonstrates why ray-tracing is the way forward.

this, mirrors edge is pretty eye opening to what can be done with some clever techniques.

the memeing

Attached: return of the meme.jpg (1920x1080, 247K)

if that's not how it works, then where does the energy go from the light since it's obviously not reflected back?

That is actually because you are using a white LED.

>thats a myth
>what is blackbody radiation

Attached: blacklet.png (1218x1015, 934K)

on bcs of soft shadows

Attached: 20190909_154828.jpg (4032x2268, 1.87M)

$1000 meme cards

Attached: the meme 2.jpg (1920x1080, 252K)

it still looks very dull looking either way
all these fancy toggles wont fix an ugly art style

SSR was a mistake and whoever invented it should be thrown into a mirrorless ocean.

off bcs hard shadows

Hire me nvidia

Attached: magic.png (2380x1263, 3.17M)

>blackbody radiation
what

>no contact shadows, debris is shadowless

whoever makes the game should hire you, it's not nvidias fault they suck at implementing proper lighting

>debree is shadowless

I see shadows

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black-body_radiation

Nice try, friend

Attached: IMG_20190909_155356112.jpg (3264x2448, 1.58M)

Glow in the darks

Attached: terry_gun.jpg (406x606, 34K)

no contact shadows

This is the RT one but artistically it doesn't look better than the non-RT one.

>that traffic light

Attached: 1568060121651.gif (240x232, 1.58M)

Attached: IMG_20190909_155405285.jpg (3264x2448, 1.7M)

>red is outside the light radius while in the OP it's inside

I prefer the RTX one in this image but the no rtx in this one.

btfo

that is how light works you fuckn retard

>Makes me wonder why people even watch e3 trailers and shit

you can kind of gleam what they'll actually offer, and if the downgrade is massive you know to avoid it.

on fucking clothes?
are you fucking dense? pun intended

step inside idiot

camera color temp changed

>on the off chance that there's a nigger in front of a generator, a small part of the floor is gonna be slightly red
Totally worth the 30 fps lost.

cope

>on fucking clothes?
Yes user, I know this may come as a shock to you but literally every object is emitting radiation right now. Your desk is emitting radio waves. Black clothes also emit infra red waves more than white clothes.

Control has raytraced GI as well and you lose about 5 frames.

Do the experiment yourself and see with your own eyes you turbo-brainlet

Jesus you think that Axe has enough shit strapped to it.

exif.regex.info/exif.cgi
prove it fag

First is more accurate because the flashlight in the OP isn't entirely on the generator.

light good shadow bad

Yea Forums has stripped metadata for fucking years mate, sorry to disappoint

the material is the DECIDING factor, it has the most effect on heat emittance, transference and absorption IN CLOTHES. now stop posting bull shit

That's also accurate and doesn't display the redness within the light radius.

Attached: 1524492171550s.jpg (216x250, 6K)

fuck. here's the download then file:///C:/Users/Yohnor/Downloads/IMG_20190909_155405285.jpg

Attached: 1551066280956.png (2048x2048, 14K)

Two articles of clothing made from the same cloth, one dyed black and one white, the black clothing will absorb and emit more heat. This is basic fucking physics user, I'm sorry you dropped out of school but that's not my problem.

Found your dolphin porn stash

Attached: 1566294010286.jpg (653x767, 44K)

here's the $$60,000,000 question
if you turn your flashlight off, does the room get as dark as the periphery around the lightsource in the top image? or does it stay dimly lit enough that you don't even need the flashlight in the first place?

So can I use my non-RTX card and crank up the brightness and see everyone, while they're busy looking for me in the beautiful, ray-traced dark?

not saying you edited it, phone cameras usually change color temp automatically

Attached: 1543331946498.gif (257x200, 1.24M)

>one dyed black
the moment you dye something you change its properties you fucking retard

COPE AND SEETHE AMDSHAREHOLDERS
AND
SEETHE
youtube.com/watch?v=1IIiQZw_p_E

why are reflections so fucking broken

Trips of truth

>post originally about black clothes getting hot
>BUT WHAT ABOUT THE MATERIAL
PLEASE explain to me why you think the dye itself is the culprit and why all black variants of objects will always absorb and emit hear better than any other colour?

>spending 1200 dollary doos
>for reflections in literally a couple of games some of which aren't good or even released
>with greatly lowered FPS even at 1080p

I'll wait for AMD's ray tracing implementation to exist. Alternatively I'll get a 4080ti at 2000 USD to get acceptable FPS at 1440p with memetracing on.

Attached: 1376896298107.gif (350x291, 935K)

I can't see anything when i look into you're mom

>new tech bad!
This has been a thing said throughout history by poorfag console autists.

Screenspace reflections, they use what you see on screen, they were alright when they were used sparingly but became a blight when devs started using them on important things such as water.

Do people honestly think its worth it to get a bit more lighting to pay extra top dollar for it?

if you want to upgrade anyway why not get the best if you arent poor

>is a more powerful GPU worth it?
Yes. RTX isn't only about the lighting.

Umm user, ray tracing replaces most of those effects.

I'm only talking about the lightning/rail-tracing though.

This game is never coming out.

Attached: 1545933965367.gif (255x164, 1.63M)

Lightning doesn't even make any sense with rtx on.

>lightning/rail-tracing

Attached: 1566315590954.jpg (1000x750, 67K)

I mean, RTX can be ACTUALLY impressive in some instances, but this isn't one you or anyone should use as an example, it just looks like you fucked up the gammas and made the game easier by making the dark of the night non-existant

also make a game such as dying light run with RTX and call me
even a 2080 ti is going to shit the bed with a game like that, you won't pass 40 fps

top is more spoopy

Attached: 1514237783818.jpg (540x540, 34K)

thats why you use DLSS + Sharpening

Actually it does. Have you used a real flashlight before? First, be in a dark room with any source of light, and two: turn it on. The light doesn't form in a tiny circle.

chev

no that's why I play this shit on low with my 6yo 770 because fuck you I'm not going to pay a grand just to play horror games with the brightness setting all the way up

>poorfag is tech illiterate

Attached: 1499638088122.png (399x386, 159K)

>thinks he knows what he's doing by playing a game at 35fps with last gen hardware
how do I thumbs up your post?

Can I see RTX using a white person? The fuck is this shit, dinduvision?

you can recruit random npcs in your gang and then play as them

seethe harder tranny

dial8

reflective light

Attached: CIMG4750.jpg (1024x768, 46K)

how did they make that orange glow like that

>dying light
ew

Hey, I am that user you replied to. What the fuck are you on about? One user mentions a flashlight because he imagines one, and then three others parrot him to seem smart. There is no flashlight in the OP pic you fucking retards. The light source (which I seconds after my initial post mentioned I discovered here: ) is the work light circled in this pic. Man, some people here are truly amazing.

Attached: THE LIGHT.jpg (2380x2535, 1009K)

Attached: 1567903903847.jpg (625x262, 55K)

>shit taste
ew

You fucking idiot that light isn't even turned on, the light is coming from the player's flashlight