Octopath

What do you guys think about this game? I bought it a few weeks ago and finally got around to finishing it. Despite the shit it gets here I thought it was a lot better than you guys made it out to be.

That said, despite taking a really long time to complete the game feels strangely unfinished. The stand-alone and almost disjointed way of all the 8 storylines feels very odd, considering there's already a bunch of excellent rpg's that have shown how you can make a cohesive intertwined storyline with multiple possible protagonists, Seiken densetsu 3, for example. The other weird thing is how dead the game feels, npc's don't move and just stand around statically, I never noticed how much of a difference it makes to have at least some npc's move around a little, even if it's just a few steps. Also their dialogue doesn't change, they have the one line and no matter what happens they don't say anything different.

TLDR, good rpg that feels strangely rushed/unfinished and just needed a tiny bit more attention to detail on the story/atmosphere and it would've been amazing. What do you guys think? Also post best main character.

Attached: project-octopath-traveler_2784084.jpg (1280x720, 361K)

>Despite the shit it gets here I thought it was a lot better than you guys made it out to be

The only people that pretend it's bad are salty switchfags that are still anal about it getting ported.

>expected saga alike game get shit tier bd alike

yawn stories are snorefest

It's good but half the stories are lame

I think the stories are fine, but they needed to be intertwined more to be next level. As it stands they almost feel like small indie rpg's.

The game is obviously rushed. The original Bravely default had way more depth and QoL options than this game. I'm not sure wtf they've been doing during all these years of making the game, it seems like 80% of the effort went into the musical score.

I liked the freeroam and character actions, wish they were more fleshed out and that a sequel improves it
Alfyn = best

I'm honestly torn about the gameplay. Because of the way the damage spikes around the boosts you literally only use 1 tactic for every fight. I like the resistance stuff but they should've thought up a different secondary mechanic other than ripping off bravely default.

Also Therion was litterally the intended protagonist.

Attached: jpg.jpg (800x450, 68K)

Looks like ass and I read enough here to put me off the game for good.

>Add this person to your party?
>Yes
>Character joins without any explenation or fanfare, she or he is just "there" from now on.

It was quite a fucking shitshow desu.

The game was getting shat on from the start.

>he wasn’t around for the dunkey spam

It's a good game but really sloppily put together. I'm not sure which part of the team you can blame when the individual parts are good but the coming together has been completely fucked up.

Therion's story was extremely weak and quite forgettable. Just admit that you like him only due to his edgyness. His personality is literally non-existent.

>Characters have zero interaction with each other in their stories aside from optional pub scenes, so you get shit like loner Therion hanging out with a full group of people, the others putting up with Therion's thievery in general and Primrose fucking around doing anything but getting her revenge
I liked a lot that the game had to offer, but the way group interations were handled was bizarre.

The secret boss made me quit. Fuck that I'm not grinding 4 more characters.

Ignore Dukeyfags
It was a pretty great game, not flawless, the party interactions could've been handled far better

But this team knows their shit around the design of classic jrpgs and they're well worth supporting, and probably one of the few bright spots in modern Square's library

Attached: 69589217_p0.jpg (1200x900, 296K)

Visuals, combat and music are top notch
Story, exploration and scale of the game are shit.

Decent essay 5/10 try to do better next time

>Octopath.Traveler-CPY
>Octopath.Traveler.CRACKFIX-CPY
I'm enjoying it.

I absolutely love it.

>he couldn't run game before crackfix

so much for you overpriced junk