I thought we were talking about Tekken today

I thought we were talking about Tekken today.

Attached: Lars_1P_65.jpg (800x800, 69K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KOHA0AVF4nE
forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/hardware-clinic-2/quick-keyboard-test-how-many-can-yours-display-2175139.html
streamable.com/bvibh
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Right now people are wanking Fatal Fury because Smash people just learned who he is.

So regarding that whole Snake hoax, do you think a Metal Gear character would be cool? i'd think Senator Armstrong would be amazing.

What’s the point of having to learn all those moves if at high levels the game is just df1, 1, and lows?

Because once you launch someone you gotta do a lot of damage

Tekken is all about fishing for launchers so you need to know all the moves that can get your opponent vulnerable.

Unless you're Kazumi and you can just poke for the rest of eternity because whatever she's playing isn't Tekken and she needs to die.

Man you guys really think she is invincible after knee got obliterated for being a passive bitch huh

Green rank Kazumis and pro level Kazumis are the same, they just have better and better defensive skills the further up the chain they go. They're still not looking for launchers when every other character has to.

She plays checkers, everyone else is playing chess.

>this nigga unironically thinks high level tekken is anything but safe moves and pokes into safe counterhitting options
Let me guess, kazuya is the only real character because he dies and lives by mixups

>every other character has to
that's the most green rank opinion I've seen it a bit

>youtube.com/watch?v=KOHA0AVF4nE
Post a more anime opening type song, you literally cant

Attached: 1564960341588.png (1002x770, 800K)

>me use big punishable launchers me playing high IQ tekken
>low risk playstyles dishonest

or unless you're Armor King and you literally have no strings nor pressure tools and your only offensive option that doesn't get you launched\leaves you -4900 is df1.
Seriously, why didn't they give him at the very least some good oki? All his strings suck and he has no plus frames to throw people, if you just keep spamming sidestep and ducking you evade everything he has except, you guessed it, df1. He's got a shitty hopkick too.
Glad they at the very least buffed his d3 because otherwise, with basically everyone getting buffed, he would've ended up being Gigas levels of fucking useless shit.

To waste your time, if you don't learn to counter the common fake stuff you'll get randomed out all day.

Easily the worst thing about the game from a competitive standpoint. You could be learning things that add depth to the game, but no, instead you gotta learn to low parry this, sidestep that, punish that terrible move, etc. or you won't even get to play the game against a rando mashing whatever they found "worked" in ranked. In Tekken you waste a huge chunk of your time studying things to remove them from the game entirely at high level.

Mishimas are all intellectuals because they have to place their plus on block 15 frame launchers very carefully, that's real tekken

They killed Steve just when I was starting to learn and enjoy playing him. I really didn't feel like df2 needed to be deleted from the game, goddamn.

Attached: stevenfox.jpg (750x1020, 118K)

You still get like 45 damage off it or something as a safe homing mid check, and still have the best counterhit launching high in the game.

Is responding with "BITCH I WILL FIGHT YOU RIGHT NOW" a scrub thing to say when your knowledge is challenged instead of defending your position?

Only if you're not serious about it

>do 2, 1 into golem with gigas
>1+2 from golem
>they never break it

Attached: 1562052699258.png (500x509, 109K)

To be honest I'm very scrubby so I came to rely heavily on df2 counterhits, at this point I think Steve is just too difficult to play so maybe I'll switch to Paul after that 3,2 sway buff to his combo game.

I got into Steve in T5 and I had no idea how broken he was at the time so I just miss having a non-counterhit launcher.

Incidentally I got Tekken 7 yesterday in the steam sale.

Move list seems intimidating, do the pros memorize all these moves or are there some moves you can just disregard if they're not part of optimal combos or neutral hitfishing?

So far been playing Panda, King, and Akuma.

Attached: 1453868210461.jpg (610x611, 81K)

You figure out your bare essentials and work your way up, when you feel like you're in in need of a new tool you take another glance at it and re-evaluate your arsenal.
Or you could just look up your top 15 moves and never question anything yourself, either way nobody expects you to memorize the whole thing at once.

Nah pros use like 10~15 moves in neutral and then whatever max damage combo when they get a launcher.

Just look up your character's best moves and there should be lists out there for everyone.

You know your best moves, the opponent's best moves, and everyone's cheap shit that is a knowledge check which when passed removes the move from play. The pros spent years getting hit by dumb shit until they learned to counter said shit, now they only get hit by the top few moves, but you'll get hit by everything for a good while and won't be able to tell real from fake.

Hey, I'm the Lee casual who gave T7 a second chance. I'm really happy I did. I've even been decently successful in my first few days of play. Even managed to pull off a 6 win streak.
I know things'll get harder from here, but even when I lose, I'm having fun. Haven't had this much fun with fighting games since UNIST.

Attached: tekken_7_lee_choalan.jpg (825x464, 34K)

It makes me cry when someone eats my offense and then goes ham without leaving an opening.

I'm not getting better in situations like this, I'm just losing and looking bad in the process.

Pro's win tournaments with like 5 moves. Then they have the optimal counter hit combos for those moves.

Just means you are predictable or aren't utilizing all potential ways of opening them up, re-evaluate your options.

Sounds like you received the same thing you dished out, learn to defend better, see what you got hit by and look for solutions.

I think I need to improve my offensive creativity more than anything.

Going for 1,d+3,4 with Jin isn't going to do shit against someone who just knows the character.

>Pokes and safe on block options
>Launchers and CHs
>Moves that you use in combos

You should be fine with that.

>everyone can master KBD

The fuck they can.

The majority of people don't KBD and you don't even know because you can't see their input and the animation is unrecognizable, their cancel is probably dirty as fuck but if it speeds up their movement it's fine.

use b1 and you will be fine

>Season 3
>Still no jukebox for PC
What the fuck, Bamco?

Google top 15 moves for your character, you don't need everything from that move lists. Also, don't go for execution heavy optimized combos, you can do a full combo with a screw and not break a sweat if you're not going for maximum damage. If your opponent happens to land on a wall after your combo, you need to be aware of your wall finishing options.

Just mod your music, is literally copy and paste a single file.

They probably won't release the Jukebox to other platforms because the game size is already like 50+Gb.

KBD is easy on a keyboard.

>Copy and paste a single file?
Really. I thought it'd be more complicated since I literally couldn't find a tutorial for audio modding at all. I was looking into voice modding, since I wanted to replace Lee's voice with his Tekken 4 voice.

Go to Streetmodders on DevianArt

I don't but I can see why it's advantageous. It's very hard to close the gap against someone safely who is. When someone knows how to KBD I'm usually on the back foot and I need to wait for them to approach before I even try anything.

Winning against them isn't impossible but it's more defensive than I'd like.

Is Anna good now?

It's just the prime whiff creating too, you really can't play without at least a ghetto backdash cancel.

Based af, Armstrong would be brilliant

You have enough + frames to do a giant swing after either a d3 or a df2,1. You just can't keep pressuring after one of those is blocked without taking risks. Use your punch parry or armor move to reset to neutral and all of a suddenly you have all these amazing tools like capital punishment, f3,4,3, cd4 and uf3 which are more or less the same thing, and you can counter them closing distance or cding with his sweep, which gives you a bigger combo than hopkick.

Yea Forums doesn't know anything about fighting games, huge surprise.

>Hard set theme picks
Well, that's better than nothing. Sucks that I have to reach round 2 for Ground Zero Funk, but I'll take it. Thanks, user.

They should give 4 more frames to break throws in the online modes only

Snake is already in the game. He's called Dragunov.
>Senator Armstrong
Fuck off, retard.

Jesus, that was unnecessarily aggressive. Who raped you?

But I hate fighting Kazumi even at my level. Watching Arslan play didn't seem that much different, he just knew how to block well.

If someone doesn't know where the block button is, take advantage of it. If they eat 19 df1s in a row and die, that's still a win. Plus every character has a weakness, be it mashing safe mids, sidewalking right/left, always doing airborne moves etc. Don't let yourself work harder than they are.

Just when I get back into tekken they gimp laws dragon cannon. -9 damage from walls while everyone else is getting nutty shit and draganouv is made invincible to lows

To be fair as a casual observer it's hard to deduce why the supposed best player in the world is losing to some hoe chopping the air and sidestepping a lot

Its way easier than the FGC™ Elite® let on. B-qcb-b-qcb. Or bbdbbdbbdbbd. You don't need to do it at mach 5 to get the most out of it.

is lars good now?

Learn the frame situation and what you can contest with, if you have a good 13 WS then force the df1 extension, and find a timing and low parry her db4s because your punishment for ducking is likely to be very low.

Much better than he was before.

>hopkicks you
Your turn, big guy

Is Anna still shit?
>tfw Zafina is in the character select now, but the DLC isn't out yet

You don't give a fuck about the game. You only want your meme character like Smashfags. Why the fuck would you want Armstrong when there's Marduk or Gigas? What is unique about him????????

Probably, the patchnotes were small and she was bottom tier

I'm not even the first guy, but given the fact that you only think in character sizes instead of fighting styles means you don't play the game at all either. Armstrong would play nothing like either of those two.

The new season balance patch is a fucking disaster

>Miguel's new low is a i27 and it doesn't even launch and it doesn't even hit grounded

Who the fuck designed this shit. The character had enough lows already

Making Jin more execution-heavy is perplexing and kind of dumb.

Then tell me
What is unique about him
How would he play
There's nothing fucking unique about him that would work in Tekken.

>mfw neither of you play the game

Attached: 9e5b925b66f2f9a9b23a6a953c588395eded4d9d8c46ccb076dd508c6795fefc.jpg (4602x3852, 1.4M)

Armstrong is a rushdown big sized brawler like Gigas. The only thing I see he can do well is closing the distance, something that Gigas lacks a bit(he has massive arms so there's no need)

Armstrong would be more like Miguel but without the stance mixups

I dunno. I think a football background hard-hitting street brawler with some mat-wrestling thrown in there might be neat. But, since he's a suggested guest character, you gotta sperg out for literally no reason. If he were a brand new character, which would also be pretty cool, you'd be perfectly fine because instead of caring about function and playstyle, you wanna just be THIS mad for no reason.

f,4 causing a wall bound is a nice change, I guess...

>hard-hitting street brawler with some mat-wrestling
Yeah, Marduk is neat.

>Reaching this hard
Damn, man. At least you're not getting mad this time.

based lee poster

Attached: 1512707813376.jpg (328x395, 33K)

the guest characters have been pretty shit for t7.
>two 2d characters from other fighting games, everybody hates playing against them
>twink from final fantasy, universally hated character
>bad guy from walking dead, nobody asked for this and he's low tier
I guess they could've been worse but they definitely could've been a lot better. Who would you guys actually want for guests? I'm sure s3 guest will be some random shit Harada pulled out the deepest crevice of his anal cavity

I don't play Lee to win

I play to style on people

Negan is mid tier now and Noctis is a Tekken character more than a Final Fantasy character now

Die

Maybe it's because Arslan is the actual best player in the world

Arslan has some bad matchups too, he got washed by Chanel 6-0 and has videos of struggling against lei and akuma players.
Knee just isn't a risk taker and opening up someone like arslan is always an inherent risk.

I play Violet to style on niggas

how is lars in s3?

>Who would you guys actually want for guests
K I R Y U
I
R
Y
U

Weird how someone so in tune with the people who regularly travel the world to place top 3 in tournaments doesn't even know that multiple characters don't have launchers.

WHY DO I NEED TO WAIT UNTIL TOMORROW FOR ZAFINA DAMMIT

King bros, what's the new broken shit in season 3? I was winning a lot of games with CH db3.

How the FUCK do you play Lei?
He's got like 900 moves

CH f,f,n,1+2 into 1+2,1 for the wall bounce

Lili is kawaii and the best character.

Attached: Tekken-7-Character-Emilie-Rochefort.jpg (685x366, 51K)

How do you get into this game?

I love high level play on streams when I catch a random tournament weekend.

Ffffff

She's a silver medal at best.

Attached: josie is the best tekken girl.webm (1280x720, 2.27M)

Just start playing and watch tutorial videos on youtube. Pick up a character, google top 15 moves and lab a combo to launch and punish with.

Also, you need to be aware of your options to punish faster strings. The more you play the more you will be aware when it's your turn to be on the offensive. A lot of it boils down to match up knowledge.

Standing block by default. More often than not lows can be treated like chip damage in Tekken, launching lows have longer wind up animation.

Korean back dash is good for escaping pressure, which you will be dealing with a lot as a new player. If you're playing on a keyboard, kbd is pretty easy. With WSAD: A A (keep A held), keep pressing S and D after each other (fast, but not too fast).

So how is s3? Did they fuck up anything?

Is keyboard essentially hitbox for fighting games?

Steve's new QCF2 is pretty good. Shame about df2, but the new move and FLK 2 launcher is nice. Can't really complain, S2 Steve was too strong.

If the last hit of a combo/chain misses, how is it called? Whif? Dropped? Or just a "didn't connect"?

Pretty much, but you might want a good one with no ghosting issues.
forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/hardware-clinic-2/quick-keyboard-test-how-many-can-yours-display-2175139.html

Dropping a combo. Whiffing is when your attack doesn't reach the opponent.

Even if the last hit failed because the enemy just bounced too far?

Dropped combo because of falling out of the combo. It's the equivalent to doing a corner combo mid screen on a 2d fighter and wondering if it was a dropped combo or because you 'whiff'd the last hit. It dropped, my dude.

You might be trying an impossible combo, in which case it makes sense to say that the move doesn't connect. If you're trying to do a combo you just saw on youtube and it doesn't work for you, you're dropping it.

Whiffing is something that usually happens with the help of your opponent. They will try to make you whiff and punish it.

why did they make this shit so easy actually
>100 damage without wall on a non optimal combo
streamable.com/bvibh