Dawnstar or Danstrar is one of the nine-major cities in the province of Skyrim...

Dawnstar or Danstrar is one of the nine-major cities in the province of Skyrim, being the capital of the region of the Pale. Dawnstar is a bustling trading town that produces all sorts of produce, ranging from fish to smithing materials. It is where the sun greets you as it begins its journey, hence the name.

Attached: dawnstar.jpg (1920x1080, 711K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_XR6dsy7ATE&
youtube.com/watch?v=qYHXsa5AaY4
youtube.com/watch?v=bLNljpYE8jA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Stuff in games is a representation of the lore retard. It’s expected that you use your imagination to fill in some of the gaps.

So what now?

Attached: 292030_screenshots_The Witcher 3 360 2017.04.20 - 11.23.11.50_01_01.jpg (4096x1246, 1.97M)

Ps4 game

OK so what if they made it a true-to-life size and it took 4 hours to walk across the harbor

it's called stylization
were the cities in Skyrim a bit too small even taking that into account? sure
but the heart of your post is disingenuous and you're a faggot

Morrowind did it just fine.

90% empty space that only exists to give the illusion of a full space

What about now?

Attached: diamond city.jpg (1920x1080, 519K)

Witcher 3's cities, although being big, are non-interactive and 90% of the space is just used as filler to give the illusion of a living city.
Whereas Bethesda's cities are much smaller, but have actual, constant people living there, instead of just being random spawns.

Witcher 3 has massive cities, because it's mostly just filler. While Bethesda's cities are smaller because they don't rely on filler, and instead uses every building and every inhabitant being unique.
I prefer quality over quantity.

>bustling trading town
>capital
>8 houses
>a boat
>an inn
>and a cave
wew lad

>2019
>I still have not played an elder scrolls game
>Have a PS3/PS4 to play them
>Dropped W3 because the gameplay was boring as fuck

Will I like oblivion/Skyrim?

Attached: 1532423350288.jpg (960x960, 104K)

>$60 AAA release
>dude just use your imagination lol
Fuck you
Skyrim is a trainwreck that just makes me angry every time I play it
Skyrim's "actual people" are generic npcs with no purpose or personality and the same 5 voice actors. Their radiant AI is dogshit and they serve no more purpose than just having static NPCs to act as quest-givers or shopkeepers.

considering you can see vivec from seyda neen with fog off, no it didn't

Literally reskinned whiterun

If Bethesda's game world is only 1/10 of what it is in the actual lore, does that mean the protagonist could be more than one person?
I mean it doesn't make sense for all the actions of the Dragonborn to be the work of one person.

if you prefer quality you shouldn't be playing bethesda games

>actually condemning games that actually try to immerse you
>actually defending games that do the bare minimum to immerse you
now THIS is your brain on millenials

>Skyrim's "actual people" are generic npcs with no purpose or personality and the same 5 voice actors.
This is why I can't get into Bethesda games. Characters are action figures that all look the same and move the same and react the same to any and all stimuli.
Would it be too much to ask that they DON'T all have the same fucking voices?
I mean fuck. Look at the NEVER SHOULD HAVE COME HERE line. Why is it the same across EVERY single voice actor??? They couldn't put in some variation so raiders don't feel like mindless automatons???
Fallout 4 at least tried to mend this by having NPCs with varying body types and sizes and having Raiders talk about things while you're not around. It's a fucking step above having them be goombas.

this village is not real
this is from a video game

>trading town
>that produces
>produce
What unpaid middle schoolers writing for Bethesda?

play them on PC and mod them

>Would it be too much to ask that they DON'T all have the same fucking voices?

Not only was it too much to hire more than 5 voice actors, they also didn't write more than a handful of lines, which they all repeat.

Every time a merchant says "Some may call this junk..." I wonder how a company could be so fucking lazy.

>Whereas Bethesda's cities are much smaller, but have actual, constant people living there, instead of just being random spawns.
You can't even use this as an excuse anymore since NPC schedules in Skyrim are dumbed down compared to Oblivion and you can't even enter dialogue with a good chunk of them, instead they just repeat the same catchphrase ad infinitum.
>I work for Belethor, at the general goods store

I don't care about PC suck my dick

Attached: 45689867645664.jpg (1440x1440, 582K)

in their defense bethesda only had around 100 employees not all of them were related to development

Attached: 74256-1-1493318865.jpg (1920x1080, 3.11M)

and there's nothing wrong with that

>Would it be too much to ask that they DON'T all have the same fucking voices?
Fun fact, all the dialogue in Bethesda's games is recorded alphabetically. Not by scene, or by character, but alphabetically. Pair this with the tiny number of voice actors and, well, I don't need to say any more.

>muh dick
ayo hol up

>Skyrim's "actual people" are generic npcs with no purpose or personality
I like the fact that these are persistent people.
>they serve no more purpose than just having static NPCs to act as quest-givers or shopkeepers
I prefer having some illusion of believability, than just removing it entirely.

>Sonic Forces
oof

Which means that the voice actors don‘t even know what scene they‘re in?

I mean it's still breddy gud compared to Falkreath

it's way smaller

Wasn't this only for Oblivion, though?

You people expect too much.
Are you saying you'd want a method akin to Witcher 3?

>these are persistent people
They're not. They're just dialogue robots. None of them have unique behaviors or personalities, and they share the same 4 voice actors.
You're an easily-entertained child.

>filler content
>while novigrad has by itself more unique buildings, npcs, and quests than any "city" bethesda has ever created

Perhaps you should look up the meaning of the word "persistent".

I'd rather just have a giant city with unique and interactable architecture and streams of generic crowd NPCs like AC than the Bethesda garbage.
The population of a city is just filler anyways, the maybe 5 relevant NPCs in an entire city should be given the spotlight with unique designs and memorable voice acting so they stand out. The city itself is just ambiance.
Kingdom Come had a decent balance of this, but then its settlements were also quite small.

Here's your Sanctuary

Attached: 1467155611275.jpg (1920x1200, 576K)

You should look up the definition of the word 'people'

This poster is 100% correct you spend a huge amount of time in Novigrad exploring every nook and cranny

youtube.com/watch?v=_XR6dsy7ATE&

Well then thats your loss.
Skyrim with mods is 10/10 dispite what everyone here says.
In fact most of the people who bitch about skyrim have 100+ hours who only got sick that they here the same stuff in every playthrough and only through this see the shortcommings of this game. Then again thats what mods are for.

my fucking lord how does it feel to be factually retarded?

Hang on, do you actually expect sentient characters in your video games? Because that's not happening anytime soon.

>5 fps

>They're not [persistent people.]
They are persistent, but obviously they're not "people; they're a collection of polygons, textures, and voice files to give the illusion of being people.
>They're just dialogue robots.
Which game has ever perfected, or even came close, to creating NPCs which are human-like believable?
>None of them have unique behaviors or personalities.
What would you have them do?
>they share the same 4 voice actors.
I know, it's not a good thing.
>You're an easily-entertained child
Skyrim is a lukewarm experience that caters to a specific mood.

>tfw the creator of these went semi-insane

Attached: kong.jpg (480x480, 18K)

the game is shit if you have to rely on mods to fix it or make it fun or give it replayability

I have 100+ hours in skyrim easily
I got sick of it within the first 20 hours
I spent the next few hundred desperately searching for content in the game that actually made playing it feel fun, because the potential is there but Bethesda completely squanders it. Every time I get an itch to play the game again, it's with the assurance that this time it'll be engaging and actually satisfy what I want out a AAA WRPG.
It never does.
"BUT M-M-M-MODS" isn't an argument. Random people made a better game in their spare time than a multi-million dollar AAA developer did with 10 years of dev time. It's fucking pathetic.

>zoomers actually believe unmodded skyrim is eves "okay"
It's trash, christ, you guys are fucked

>semi-insane
youtube.com/watch?v=qYHXsa5AaY4

>i like that these characters feel like people
>but they don't
>WOAH HANG ON BUDDY OBVIOUSLY THEY'RE NOT REEEAAAALLLL PEOPLE AHHAHHHA
Why do you have autism

Multiple wrpgs have much more memorable and believable NPCs than skyrim. This was a criticism on release day. I don't know why you think this is an insurmountable problem.

What do they eat?

That's just him having fun with Wes Johnson, try actually speaking to him on discord

DEEZ NUTS

>considering you can see vivec from seyda neen with fog off, no it didn't
What's wrong with seeing Vivec from Seyda Neen? They're canonically very close to each other on the southern coast of Vvardenfell and the latter is made of huge velothi towers, it wouldn't be weird at all to see them from the port on a clear day.

Attached: mwmap.jpg (2668x3095, 2.94M)

>it's called stylization
it's called shit. Suck my cock

Best RPG town coming through

Attached: 802.jpg (1024x688, 450K)

if bethesdrones say that you are supposed to use your imagination to pretend there are more buildings in skyrim how come they can't just use their imagination to pretend that you can go inside all the buildings in the witcher?

If Skyrim is shit, why do you fags constantly give it attention?

missed opportunity and mods

Attached: 25468-1556701359-868160672.jpg (2160x3840, 627K)

It's just a game that literally everybody has played, and it's a polarizing game that always sparks discussion between zoomers and boomers.

I never played Skyrim.

Congratulations. But there's no doubt that Skyrim was one of the core games in popularizing gaming.

Who cares about Dawnstar?

Attached: The mystery of Snowhawk Druids.png (960x600, 987K)

[smacks lips]

How do I achieve something like that? I have CBBE+physics and my thotties don't even look close to that.

Attached: 1379786828644.gif (300x229, 1.54M)

Me.

>one farm
>ravenous monsters literally three steps out of the gate

so sick of your Euroshits shilling this dumb game

Attached: 1548103435975.jpg (744x752, 72K)

Probably the stuff that comes into the port or is produced by the farmland that takes up 90% of the land outside the city

>Witcher 3's cities, although being big, are non-interactive and 90% of the space is just used as filler to give the illusion of a living city.
I like how this is supposed to be a negative point in your retarded mind.
Like you need to be able to open up dialogue trees with all ten thousand residents of a bustling marketplace or it's not a good city.

because that's Touched by Dibella not CBBE

Attached: 20190605181405_1.jpg (1920x1080, 155K)

It's a tiny island mate. What do you expect?

You can have both

See Rivet City and Tenpenny Tower in fallout 3, theyre typical bethesda towns in terms of size but you cant see it all. In tenpenny tower you can only access 3 floors, but the tower itself is much bigger than that, all the other floors just arent accessible to the player. Same with rivet city, you cant access the whole ship

Fuck I remember pillaging that place cause I thought it was poorest city in Skyrim, man do I miss slaughtering the king every 5 minutes and pissing him off by sitting in his seat.

which hold would unironically be the best to live in if you were just a simple day laborer

Attached: 144114.jpg (888x500, 122K)

I hate having shitty things revealed to me about people I like the videos of but I'll bite. What did he do?

>Touched by Dibella
Oh, right. It does look really good. What about the head meshes?

Attached: 1410366746653.gif (575x394, 1.43M)

not that different considering it's based off of CBBE, so any textures that work on cbbe work on TBD

Attached: 20024-1537648438-199727745.jpg (2244x2100, 1.94M)

Falkreath hold or Hjallmarch holds(Morthals hold)

I mean there is little to no troubles in those areas since both are kind of smallish and out of the way. Both are also habitable too - if you dont mind much the swamps of Hjallmarch or the dense forests of Falkreath.

give them back, tyrone

He speaks like a literal toddler, acts like one too. Has some very eyebrow-raising opinions and statements

Attached: lb.jpg (755x755, 81K)

>Entire city built entirely by the playable character, because all other settlers are too fucking lazy to do absolutely anything.

Probably Whiterun, it's the safest and Whiterun is an important trading hub in the lore. The more flat and open terrain makes it easier to spot enemies.

Falkreath is poorer and the forest full of hostile Spriggans make life very difficult for a a hunter or lumberjack. Hjallmarch is also very poor and the and the swamps are unsafe with chaurus and vampires lurking there.

>Has some very eyebrow-raising opinions and statements

Like what?

>Has some very eyebrow-raising opinions and statements
Such as?

"I don't have a problem with black people."

The representation is still shit anyway

Attached: 7ca3288710dd36b18bc5068e7cb8be2f.jpg (1920x1080, 350K)

Holy fuck the settlement system was so pointless. And knowing Bethesda it took them a good chunk of development time to hack it together. A complete waste of time on everybodys part, what were they thinking?

Attached: 1376452748922.gif (318x308, 846K)

bethesda's cities are smaller cause the gamebryo engine cant handle anything bigger retard

Attached: 1554331870507.png (590x594, 444K)

>bethesda's cities are smaller cause the gamebryo engine cant handle anything bigger retard
it can brainlet, but the console bethesda puts them on cannot

Attached: 1467156512908.jpg (1920x1200, 673K)

It can't. 10fps for a city this big would be optimistic

The guy who made this can't play for longer than 10 seconds without crashing. He built it in the creation kit.

tb h I only ever played unmodded Skyrim, mods seem like a hassle
And I still had fun

youtube.com/watch?v=bLNljpYE8jA

Novigrad is amazing. A lot of it isnt very interactable but you can literally ride into Novigrad from the woods and its quite the feeling.
Diamond city while looking better then previous bethesda entrys is WORSE than any skyrim city because its fake. 100% artificial. People in whiterun live actual lives. Wake up, eat, go to work, hang out at tavern, sleep and they all have hosues and homes and habits.
Everyone in diamond city sleeps under an awning in the open where theres a bunch of copy pasted shitty beds (Im serious its of the left side its not hard to find) And none of them go about some routine they just wander only the most important npcs even have a house and they dont follow a routine that fits within the lore.
Atleast skyrim citys are "Real".

fuck off gothicfag
the adults are talking

It looks good in that screenshot, but in game it just isnt practical because it will run at 5fps, thats if your game doesnt just crash when you go near it

That's also because most players, including the "critics" in this thread, don't actually pay attention to these details. Nobody cares that some vendor actually goes hunting or some vampire NPC can actually be found feeding on a victim in a random encounter. If nobody is going to care about NPC having their own behavior and location what is the point in wasting valuable development time potting that in. People might actually get their wish and TES VI will have huge cities like W3 but far less believable elements like these.

Enjoy your five house "city". But hey, quantity over quality amirite?

Play Kingdom Come.

>What's wrong with seeing Vivec from Seyda Neen?
the fact that the map scale is pathetically tiny so they had to compensate with fog and a walking speed where your run is equivalent to your sneak speed in daggerfall