Worst Fallout DLC, even worse than Dead Money. What the fuck went so wrong?

Worst Fallout DLC, even worse than Dead Money. What the fuck went so wrong?

Attached: Fallout4_NukaWorld_E3_02.png (1920x1080, 3.26M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2kRRYgf54oM
youtube.com/watch?v=JweTAhyR4o0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Instead of being about Nuka World it's about settlement bullshit yet again, just like all the other DLCs for 4

Feels unfinished, doesn't gel with the main game cause the limited roleplay options and factions make being a raider boss make no fucking sense, being a good character makes half the DLC unplayable.
If it had a good character side and a way for the raider factions to deal with the institute like an evil minutemen faction it would be pretty good.
Actually exploring the park was fun at least.

>even worse than Dead Money, the best one
it goes without saying though

Some of the best looking armor in the game, at least.
I really liked that cowl + half metal mask look, it became the main look for my character.

But yeah, aside from that, pretty shitty.
You know what sucks?
That Far Harbor gave me hope.
Sure, it wasn't amazing, but it was good enough to make me think "maybe these DLCs won't be so bad if they improve here and there".
But nope.

Attached: 3max.jpg (550x627, 75K)

All of fallout 4 dlc was fucking garbage, which is hilarious considering how expensive the dlc 'pass' was. Far harbour was mediocre at best, and that was the best they had to offer

>worse then dead money
that's the best one though

Literally my only problem with it is that, in order to complete it, you have to invade your own settlements back in the Commonwealth. There is literally no other way around it other than simply killing all of the Raiders at the park, which leaves you with a nice empty park with nothing to do.

If it had simply been its own, isolated world, it would have been fun to work with some Raiders and get into some trouble, but forcing the player to suddenly work against the Commonwealth that you have already spent so much time improving, felt like an odd choice. You should have at least been able to talk your way out of it to get through the rest of the story.

I hate to agree with this, but I do. The best parts of the Fallout4 DLC was simply getting new things to build at the settlements, and even that is only useful if you care about settlement building. With as much as Far Harbor was hyped up, it ended up falling flat with me. Maybe it's good by comparison to the rest of the FO4 DLC, but it certainly wasn't "good"

It just struck me now, they are trying to make fallout "wasteland sims".

not even good wasteland sims. at least with fallout shelter you're guaranteed to struggle for a long time because of raider. radroach, and molerat attacks and you having no good weapons. you don't need to know much to make a good settlement. plus the mods are shit

>Advertised as you getting to be a raider boss
>Actually you just get to be a raider bitch and do all the work with no control over anything

What really irked me the most was just how incredibly lazy both the base game and dlc narratives were. Like holy shit if you want to play the Nuka world narrative you have to be an evil asshole. They took the roleplaying complaints with the absolute worst level of knee jerk, not being able to play an "evil" character with Nuka World. Then they make the shittiest possible associated story with no divergent paths and zero simulated choice. I know Bethesda has some of the worst writers out there but this wss beyond phoned in compared to Far Harbor which at the very least was compelling? Idk there isnt much else to stay especially after the 76 fiasco. Fallout cant be in worst hands and my only hope for a decent Fallout experience is reliving New Vegas in 4s trash engine.

Attached: 1566179712273.jpg (770x766, 117K)

Wasn't Far Harbour essentially a reworking of Point Lookout?

The problem is I LIKE how things work in the games, but the writing just gets worse. New Vegas stands tall, and 3 is still above 4.

>Automatron
>Far Harbor
>Bad
Both are great, suck my nuts.

They wasted half the season pass on settlement bullshit and racked up the price because it suit them.

I hated Far Harbor. All of the factions are fucking stupid and i didn't want to side with any of them.

Nuka World was great, especially if you're familiar with Disney World history.

Dead Money is the best NV DLC tho

I just wanted to play Fallout 4 as a settlement build and defense game but the fucking settlement """"attacks"""" are like 2 grunts and a guy with diarrhea attacking your base and no full-scale attacks.
What the fuck, Todd?

Attached: 1558098309539.png (508x424, 272K)

>worst fallout dlc
>not zeta
>not lonesome road

Why does Zeta get so much hate? Isn't it just a short non-canon alien-killing romp?

>non-canon
sweet summer lamb you don't know

Exactly, that's why it's considered to be alright.

Dead Money was kino tho

>non-canon

Attached: index.jpg (289x175, 8K)

Only in the sense that it took place on an island and that you could freely explore otherwise it was nothing like Lookout.
Still the only good FO4 DLC.

>FO4 loading screens literally calls the ayyys "Zetans" now
I'm sorry user but that shit is canon.

automatron robot building is goat and ada is qt

>actually take the settlement building seriously
>pick out the house by the river
>continue building upon it as the game continues
>fix holes in roof, build stairs around the house, living quarters built up and out of the water, etc.
>game shits all over my efforts and just spawns the enemies within my walls

This.

The SIm Settelemts Congueror (or whatever the fuck it is called) did this 1000% better. Or to perfectly hones the factions packs did, the modmakes own """guestline"""" sucks ass and turns you into yet another bitch for raiderskin of preston.

When you just use the command table and ignore the """""guest"""" it becomes so much better because you feel you have agency rather than being some faggot being lead around.

Attached: 1542960908127.jpg (680x651, 62K)

>settlement tower defense autism
You're the cancer that killed fallout

>try to take settlement building seriously
>build an elaborate multi-level fort
>npcs refuse to use half the stairs because ??? and end up stranded in certain sections
>sometimes teleport around and get stuck between walls or on the roof

Attached: 1564096735273.gif (275x216, 899K)

You're fucking with me, there's no way some retard would make a story involving aliens that caused the great war canon

Attached: (nervous hissing).gif (357x479, 252K)

>far harbor
>hyperintelligent synth running the island
>"yeah those people worship radiation but who am I to judge"
wat

Attached: 1561165745253.jpg (2024x1751, 328K)

it started out great but the whole thing just ended up being shit, sad

Cool.

Mods for Fallout 3 and NV managed to do it, all Todd had to do was copy and paste and remove all the memory leak bullshit, and yet he still couldn't do it.

Zeta is the absolute worst DLC, Dead money and Lonesome road dont even come CLOSE (as they have genuinely good stories).

Zeta is just you fighting the same 4 enemies with no variation for an hour and a half, enemies with retarded damage sponging, then the ending is a 2001 fucking flash game tier minigame.

ayy lmao

Attached: upgraded-alien-blaster-dcbfd.png.jpg (1920x1080, 145K)

Who cares, let the faggots worship whatever they want.
Unless they become hyperagessive zealots of course.
Also Dima likes them because they were friendly and not synthphobic.

Playing Zeta as a pure gunbuild with absolutely no energy weapon skills was absolute cancer especially when these ayy faggots with personal forcefields showed up.

an intelligent creature knows better than to impose logic upon zealots who will probably ree if you tell them things that aren't in-line with what they believe

>do something retarded
>something something god told me to
oh ok everything's cool

Huh, I always imagined it was you blasting your way out of an alien facility with some sci-fi b-movie writing.

A better question is why everyone seems to hate Dead Money. It's easily the best of the NV DLC, and even if you don't think it's the best, Lonesome Road is easily the worst.

>hyperagessive zealots
considering how they function as reskinned raiders then they are probably a problem
its really fucking stupid how they and the gunners (who are a mercenary group so them just randomly attacking you is fucking retarded) are constantly hostile save for a handful of quest NPC's

Attached: 1558648543187.jpg (1090x1128, 295K)

In NV you had to have the Wild Wasteland perk active for them to spawn, in FO4 they're just "there", no special conditions necessary. Also, I think one of the loading screen mentions them as well. Aliens are now canon because todd is a hack.

Attached: ayy.jpg (1920x1080, 808K)

Dead Money's fine; it takes away all your toys and limits the places you can explore so shitters hate not being able to blow apart Ghost People anti-material rifles
Now Honest Hearts - that's a piece of shit.

From what i gather people really hate the inconveniences like the speakers and cloud.
Personally i found it to be absolute kino especially on survival.

>even worse than dead money
>implying dead money is bad

It's because this is a nu-beth game and having more nuanced factions that you can't run and gun means they'd have to write more dialogue or gasp actual GOOD dialogue for a change.
And we can't have that.

So here's your generic mook throwing radioactive sludge at you, use your gun with random affixes you grinded for tediously for days to headshot him in VATS.
Ding, congrats.
Look foward to our next FO game, now with even less RPG elements than ever before.

Attached: 1316854925691.png (365x447, 138K)

I thought aliens were already canon in the Fallout universe before Mothership Zeta. As in Enclave tech was developed from alien tech. Maybe I'm wrong though.

Aliens have been canon since Fallout 1 my underage friend.

cave man is the single best part of nv

They weren't called Zetans until FO3 DLC, FO4 directly refers to them as Zetans.

Dead Money and Old World Blues are the DLC with the best characters, atmosphere and writing, not to mention the fuck ton of lore that OWB uncovers, but goddamn the gameplay is so fucking shit

Joshua Graham is a great character stuck in an awful DLC. I really wish they made HH bigger, better, longer or used him anywhere else.

They've been in FO1 and FO2 as random encounters, yeah.
I think FO3 especially Broken Steel DLC implied that Tesla and Plasma technology is developed from Alien tech.

>people in literal rags living in ground zero of a nuke
Explain yourself Todd

Cool weapon, cool armor, gay settlement bullshit, becoming boss just to be treated like the running boy for the people you were supposed to be under your command, not the other way around

Lonesome Road being built entirely around a bunch of new forced backstory for your character that you had zero knowledge of or any way to influence is a load of shit. Ulysses is almost Shaun tier annoying.

what do they eat etc etc

That would be much more fun, but instead its:

>Go do what is essentially the same mission with the same enemies 3 times but with a different character each time
>Go into space for half a second
>Kill Captain, who is just another bullet sponge
>Shoot down other ship in shit minigame

The combat in zeta is absolute dogshit, it highlights all the worst parts of 3's combat (Large corridors with nowhere to take cover or hide, just a bullet sponge vs player with stimpack scenario.), if they made it so aliens shields werent active when you werent detected so you could one shot them or deactivate them with grenades then it would have been much better. But that wouldnt have fixed the main gameplay loop of the 3 missions.

yep, despite that taking away the impact and real-world relation of the war being a man-made fault, nope fuck it humanity has no faults and did nothing wrong it was all fucking ayy lmaos thanks daddy todd and mommy hines
>war never changes, its always magic aliens and not the nature of man's faults lol

Attached: petey boy.png (844x633, 718K)

You guys know what the worst thing about modern Bethesda games is?
Is that i'll still buy them, eventually, when they're complete with all the DLC included down the line.
They're such shit RPGs but i can't help but play them trough at least once, because they're becoming better at crafting what is essentially a first person action game in an open world mold.
It's fun to try out magic or archery and shit in Skyrim for the first time, the first 1/4th of that game and getting stronger and starting to oneshot people is fun.
It's fun to get good weapons in FO4 and crit the absolute shit out of 10 people like a badass.
Their games trick you into having fun initially, before you realize just how empty the whole experience is past the initial rush and how unsatisfying the gameplay loop is long term.

But this little trick makes sure i have to play each of their new game EVENTUALLY at least once, because they're starting to have what morrowind, oblivion, FO3 and NV never had: (superficially) fun combat.
It's the only thing they keep improving every game in baby steps, sacrificing everything else that makes these games RPGs in any capacity in the process.
But it's enough to squeeze a certain amount of fun out of each game before you're done with them like an used condom.
It's a fucking carrot on a stick and i hate it because it works incredibly well and that's why these games sell millions depite being non-RPGs at this point.

Attached: 1319176865412.png (496x482, 282K)

I think the point is that the Courier doesnt really remember it either, because all he did was deliver a package, which fits in with his background as a courier which was already forced on you, which I think is fine. Same way skyrim forces you to attempt a border cross or oblivion has you in jail.

Ulysses is much more sympathetic if you played the other DLCs first. Especially his conflict with the white legs. I appreciate that Lonesome road (for the most part) rewards stealth gameplay, there are no "enemies hidden around corners" aside from that one deathclaw so you can take out 99% of the enemies without much fuss.

Institute Director 2.0
You never actually lead the institute

>Is that i'll still buy them, eventually, when they're complete with all the DLC included down the line.
I've been in that boat too, no matter how dumbed down or badly written the base game is mods will usually fix it. But Beth is looking so bad now I might skip the next one.

Attached: 1560271050232.gif (400x226, 1.6M)

Old World Blues was literally r*ddit: the dlc.

>t.reddit

How Pete Hines and Emil aren’t fired yet is beyond me

In the original games they were random easter egg encounters, as a little joke like finding a whale carcass out in the middle of nowhere or Doctor Who's phone booth.

They tied the interesting part into being a massive asshole, something most people don't play as.

Elder Scrolls doesn't really give you a reason why you were in jail, what you did before that doesn't matter. LR is explicitly built around very specific events your character was involved in before the start of the game. I dislike it for the same reason I dislike the pre-war shit in FO4.

>no u
nice. dudes right, OWB is basically "le quirky robuts xDDD me big brain :^)"

>roll big brain science man
>play automato and build a robot army
>science skills and int have absolutely no influence on any of your interactions with the institute
>everyone acts like you're a retarded cave man to the point that some of the scientists try to start a coup
>meanwhile they're doing dumb shit like building robot gorillas

Attached: 1561487418404.gif (320x240, 1.62M)

>What the fuck went so wrong?
Bethesda

>even worse than Dead Money
Every single DLC in the series is worse than Dead Money, silly.

>robot gorillas
Oh fuck I forgot about them. What was the point of them again exactly? Just "let's do it because we can and because we're retarded"?

That was the entire institute.
>Should we help people on the surface?
>Nah, they didn't cooperate once so we should antagonize, kidnap, murder and replace them with robots that we gave emotions by accident woops lmao

Yeah but those very specific events meant nothing to the courier because as he said it was just another package. It only matters to Ulysses with his autistic obsession.

You have rick and morty derangement syndrome

There is not a fallout dlc that is better than dead money
Point lookout is up there, I have a personal sweet spot for HH but it's not good really

But the difference is the backstory added for the Courier is just as little as the backstory you begin the game with; you delivered packages. The whole point is it doesn't matter, not to you, it was just a job no matter what backstory you do come up with. Who it matters to is Ulysses, he's your mirror.
>Fallout 4's pre-war history
Now that kind of shit I agree with 100%, how the fuck does law degree stay-at-home wife know how to operate heavy machine guns?

B-b-b-b-b-b-but her husband might have shown here how to operate a bunch of weapons and use power armor!

>No expanded questline where you analyze the soil/plant samples gained from that quest where you cover for a synth infiltrator’s identity.
>No quest where you use that sample as a template for creating flora and vegetables that can better survive in the commonwealth
>No conclusion where you gradually introduce trees, flora, etc back into the wasteland (and gain access to pre war gardening options for settlement shit)
>No alt!Institute questline where you coordinate with Virgil and the rest of the saner Institute scientists and throw a coup against Father and the SRB for being comically evil and shitting out Supermutants into the Commonwealth

>No Minutemen questline where you get the USS Liberty to join you and potentially siege the Prydwyn with

Fo4 was wasted potential

>But the difference is the backstory added for the Courier is just as little as the backstory you begin the game with; you delivered packages.
That's only true for the base game, it's a minimal backstory that doesn't serve any purpose other than getting the player involved with the chip plot. LR starts going into autismal detail over this one job you did and what happened because of it.

Right, because it has nothing to do with you. It has everything to do with Ulysses.

Yeah, and its literally no different than any other job the courier did in the couriers mind. Its the idea of: "what if that pointless radiant; deliver package to town actually caused incredible events to take place?"

Doesnt matter what character your oc courier is, they would have delivered packages, and the game is telling you that you delivered a package to the divide and it meant nothing to you, and everything to Ulysses.

>No alt!Institute questline where you coordinate with Virgil and the rest of the saner Institute scientists and throw a coup against Father and the SRB for being comically evil and shitting out Supermutants into the Commonwealth
Black Isle didn't do that with the Enclave in Fallout 2, so I give Bethesda a pass for that

All LR does is say that you’ve walked some particularly dangerous paths and eventually a small community formed one—a primary route between the NCR and Mojave.

Then Hopeville burned sometime later.

Nothing the DLC touched on regarding your character was over the top

I dont think the enclave would coordinate with the CO regardless of how competent they are. If anything it would just be a ruse to dispose of you

wasn't this DLC just a rip off from a new vegas mod?

I guess you didn't play much fallout because operation anchorage exists

This will never not infuriate me.

Attached: LITERALLY THE ONLY INT SPEECHCHECK IN THIS GAME.jpg (1280x720, 116K)

>No Minutemen questline where you get the USS Liberty to join you and potentially siege the Prydwyn with
Fuck I forgot that quest. This sucked.

I don't remember well but at some point of the story I got lured into playing the DLC so I went with it and halfway through it I completely quit the game without bothering to finish the base game.

So how would you folks rank all the FO3 DLCs?
I'm playing through NV right now doing all the DLCs for the first time and intending to do the same with FO3. That's gonna be one hell of a downgrade.

It's just a riot dude the settlers planned this

The Pitt > Point Lookout > Broken Steel > Operation Anchorage.
We don't talk about Mothership Zeta.

Point Lookout > Pitt > Broken Steel > Zeta

They were all pretty shit with terrible bulletsponge enemies and quests but point lookout has good atmosphere and exploring the swamps and shit was good enough for me.

FO3:

>4. Zeta
>3. The Pitt
>2. Point Lookout
>1. Broken Steel

F:NV:

>4. Honest Hearts
>3. Lonesome Road
>2. Dead Money
>1. Old World Blues

Attached: 300px-Gloroius.jpg (300x300, 22K)

In this order, best to worst
>Point Lookout
>Broken Steel
>The Pitt
>Mothership Zeta
>Operation Anchorage
Everything in Fallout New Vegas rates higher, and I didn't particularly like Dead Money. There's still fun to be had. Favourite console glitch from Anchorage was bringing back a Chinese Assault Rifle that never breaks plus 50k rounds of ammunition.

>pitt that low
point lookout had a shit ending

They planned Super Mutants?

>You're the big bad overboss now
>That means you can't tell anyone what to do and you have to do all our work for us, highhandedly clearing out the entire park
>k thanks, we're gonna betray you now anyways
I can't get over how much I hate this.

Attached: 1525607858213.jpg (647x594, 71K)

Just feels like they mirrored Prestons retarded: "Youre now the boss, whats that? You want to rescue your son now? Nah please do all this shit for me- err i mean your faction first :)"

Why is Fallout 4 so shit
>No unique building/workstation in each settlement that actually produces something, like an iron mine, quarry, biofuel tank, ammunition factory so settlements matter more
>Opening pre-war safes gets you post-war pipe weapons
>Pipe weapons are useless because lower damage when they should have had the same damage and just lower reliability/accuracy without the proper mods
>modding weapons in general is shit with little to no variance. Pipe weapons could have had a billion mods, they should have gotten rid of the legendary loot system and made it legendary mods, with pipe weapons having a larger variety of legendary effects you could apply. Also would be nice to see exactly how your gun somehow does freezing damage with a visible modification like a cry mine tied to it or something.
>Combat is repetitive
>dialogue is shit
>Way too many escort an NPC with shit pathfinding quests
>too many dead plants so environments all blend into one bland grey mess

>too many dead plants so environments all blend into one bland grey mess

I dont agree with that, the best reason to play FO4 is the location exploration. The combat is far, far better than any other 3d fallout game too.

Its story is absolute dog shit and having a voiced protag was a brain dead move, so was the emphasis on settlements. But the random locations themselves had a ridiculous amount of love and tedium poured into them.

Never played any of 3's dlc, so here's my NV dlc ranking, I played all of them on very hard and survival
1. Dead Money. Great atmosphere, characters and writing, I liked the whole "letting go" premise and the ending was pretty good, gameplay can be a bit frustrating at times due to the weapons being so shit and the collar and speakers gimmick, them's good eatin' perk saved me in a lot of occasions.
2. Old World Blues. Tons of new interesting lore unraveled, the humor was over the top and obnoxious, but it could be funny at times, the gameplay is shit, it's basically going to the same places over and over again and doing the same boring tests, makes you want to be over with it as soon as you can
3. Honest Hearts. I liked the atmosphere, but it felt too short and empty, the only things to do are the main quest and that's it, I don't know what else to say about it, but it gets bonus points for having Joshua Graham and the Randall Clark story
3. Lonesome Road. Bullshit difficulty at times, linear as fuck, and Ulysses is one autistic retard

Meant 4 instead of 3 on Lonesome Road

I don't know if I'm remembering correctly, but I'd read about raiders spawning in the middle of the settlement, so I put turrets in the middle of it and just left things kind of open. Then raiders spawned on the fucking roof, where the turrets couldn't see them, and I quit building settlements.

swap HH and OWB and this is pretty much me as well. HH is at least comfy, but maybe that's just because I grew up in the southwest. OWB is just a slog.

>The combat is far, far better than any other 3d fallout game too
what makes it better in your opinion than fallout new vegas?
Maybe I'm letting my hatred of other things bleed over, because my biggest bitch is that you fight a handful of enemies, than have to go back and deposit all the junk you got from them before moving on because you are always weighed down by loot and it is a lot harder to ignore that because every item can be useful somehow.
combat in Fallout 4 also feels far more restrictive and "streamlined" without the polish that would normally come from that decision. No Explosives in VATS is the big thing I miss, but I also feel railroaded into rifleman because automatic weapons do way less damage, have high recoil, and eat through ammo and pistols don't ignore DR.

Location exploration is really fun, but I was specifically talking about the environment. I liked going in buildings and reading the emails to learn more details about whatever story had taken place, but outside of a marked location, everything looks really similar. It would have been much better if the farther north you were, the greener things were, and as you got closer to the glowing sea, things started dying and eventually not existing at all as it turns into a nuclear wasteland.

Settlement raiding system is pointless. You can only raid settlements that YOU have already built up since none of the base game settlements are already inhabited. You have to raid yourself. Ideally they would have implemented a new system where settlements would randomly be taken over by NPCs prior to you finding them but that would take too much effort.

It also turns Garvey into a fucking neurotic bi-polar mess, as if he wasn't bad enough already.

Attached: CE.jpg (1199x718, 148K)

>exploration and combat
play stalker, fallout 4 is only good for mods.

Fallout 4 Combat is much more fluid, no archaic restrictions on your actions (must have melee weapon to melee for example) and sprinting allows you to reposition much better. the Stimpacks being a hotkey by default also means a lot of players will spend much less time in menus during fights

The weapon aiming and control is also far better and the combat animation for every enemy is vastly improved from New Vegas and 3, where each non human enemy had literally one attack pattern and no variation.

>must have melee weapon to melee for example
every time I tried to bash I threw a grenade instead

Hotkeys and a bash button cover up the over-simplified gameplay. Melee and unarmed weapons are significantly downgraded in terms of viability and just pure interactivity.

oh damn I forgot sprinting is new. Ya that definitely makes a lot better. I never minded the animations but I'll have to go back and replay them to see if I notice it now.

Except you can tell him he has the wrong person.

I agree, HH is comfiest of the dlc

Attached: zion night sky.jpg (1366x768, 169K)

i cant play bethesda games man, what the fuck is wrong with the movement in their games
>walk forward
>its a series of tiny jittery movements
>its like youre locked onto a grid moving in increments
i cant be the only one right? i remember i managed to fix it at one point it had something to do with v-sync and framerate but why should i have to manually fix their fucking game on such a fundamental level

Attached: 17685534684456.jpg (680x680, 85K)

The only Fallout entry worse than Dead Money is Fallout 76.

Hotkey use items has been a thing since FO3 smoothie. Controls and movement are still clunky as shit and there's barely any variety in builds. Lots of perks are mandatory to get the most out of crafting and settlements, dialogue is reduced to FO3 style charisma checks so all you're left with in choosing your build is picking what flavor weapon you want to kill stuff with.

Yeah, and the Institute pulled the same shit. There's like one meeting where you get to make one decision, then after that you're just running errands for everyone on the surface. F4 is the biggest pile of wasted potential. No matter who you side with, the main plot just feels unfinished.

Attached: 1526565553327.jpg (1280x1028, 168K)

Well first off. The premise is retarded
Second off, I never played it because I didn't by it because the premise is fucking retarded.

The weapons are good the AK47 is much better than that wierd looking vanilla assault rifle

did you actually play the Far Harbor dlc? they weren't auto-hostile in it, and dima wasn't referring to the mainlanders in any context.

this isn't a common issue, no. it sounds more like an issue with your own computer literacy.

>that moment when Bethesda makes unique animations for Piper in her introduction and they are complete dogshit

Attached: Fallout 4 ScreenShot111.jpg (1920x1080, 447K)

You parrots still utter that damn nonsense.

Im not defending Fallout 4 mate, and yes I know, thats why I specifically stated that F4 was different in that the stimpack is auto hotkeyed.

Im trying to say that Fallout 4 isnt just a huge irredeemable mess, because some parts are genuinely improved upon and great. Even if the gun system becomes irrelevant once you get your favourite broken one, its still lightyears ahead of FNV's mod system.

I think F4's story is trash, the voiced protag is trash, the forced choices/quests are trash, I think the endings are trash, Settlements are retarded and the DLCs (except around half of far harbour) are utter dogshit.

>Dead Money is bad meme

I thought it was reworked point outlook with a certain quest almost literally ripped straight out of a mod, Autumn Leaves from FNV?

You people don't have an original thought in your head. You probably didn't notice how fucking horrifying the Think Tank actually was behind their cheerful insanity.

The main story of far harbor isn't anything like point lookout and there's no mutated hillbillies or anything, it has a fisherman theme.

I never understand people defending FO4's combat as an improvement. It's a lot the same, with enemies still janking randomly left and right according to the nav mesh and with no inertia.

You might argue there's less jank, but fighting the blood bugs was the same frustration as fighting cazadores - it's a bad engine for a shooter.

I don't get why people shit on LR. Yes, Ulysses was another shitty Avellone character who passed off their own bullshit as 2deep4u, but walking through the Divide and fighting through the Marked Men, Deathclaws, and Tunnelers was nerve-wracking as hell. Plus the Elite Riot Gear and the Scorched Sierra Power Armor are /fa/ as fuck

>walking through the Divide and fighting through the Marked Men, Deathclaws, and Tunnelers was nerve-wracking as hell. Plus the Elite Riot Gear and the Scorched Sierra Power Armor are /fa/ as fuck
but everyone acknowledges that

Gotta love how Bethesda highlighted this one scene for their custom animation work, and then it turns out it was all fucking front loaded between Preston in Concord and Piper. Nowhere else is this same level of animation seen.

It's less nerve wracking when you realize it's all scripted and the only way to get through most of it is a head-on attack.

I know it doesn't make sense to be stealthy about blowing up a nuclear bomb, but the marked men run TOWARDS the fucking explosion instead of taking cover like any rational creature would.

Granted, wild animals also run towards grenades and gunfire, but that's because all animals in Bethesda game are consumed by everlasting hatred for all living things.

Automatron is horrible. The only good things to come out of it were the mods you need automatron for. Needless to say I pirated it

>Automatron is horrible. The only good things to come out of it were the mods you need automatron for.
Robot companions and settlers are literally superior to humans in every single regard. That's why you got the DLC, for the fuggin robots.

>using companions

I guess BGS wanted to make a "difficult choice" part of the experience.
In this case, one of the options is trashing what you'd built up in the main game. Kind of like a really watered down Spec Ops The Line: you're a jerk simply for playing the game. All you had to do was stop, man.

Fallout 4's companions are bad because they all shit talk you about picking up junk.

Ada thinks you're a cool dude for picking up scrap.

I'm in agreement. Story was shit but the location sold it for me.
Fighting through dozens of those mutant trogs, marked men, deathclaws and robots in Riot Gear was pretty kino.
Since Ulysses was a massive blowhard, telling him to suck it and that I didn't give a shit about his sob story before kneecapping him raised it a few points for me.

>giving bethesda money
>giving bethesda mindshare

Worth it for a proper assault rifle but yeah it's pretty bad if you're not an edgelord.

Attached: Fallout4 2019-09-08 00-07-31-64.png (2560x1440, 3.46M)

this happens in tons of games though

I'm tempted to replay fallout 4 and pick this up since I've actually been to Far Harbor irl

>roleplaying 'good' or 'evil' characters
It's like you're all children

it's not canon despite what shitters here say, aliens being in fallout 4 is no evidence and the tapes or whatever that people keep referencing are bullshit

so?

The nuka world raiders aren't exactly morally grey

>not just roleplaying as a brotherhood scout and figuring out if there's any tech worth salvaging before slaughtering all the raiders and selling their gear

I wouldn't say it was the worst. It just came all the way at the end of most people's games so they're already tired of that shit before the even start it.

>try out nuka world pretty early in my first playthrough
>end up getting gear that is 10x times better than anything in the original and the other 2 DLC
>no real item progression for almost 150 hours

At least the enemies got pretty easy on the hardest difficulty until higher levels where they scale with you.

Attached: 1562949968753.jpg (720x405, 29K)

The operators actually don't seem so bad. At least, they seem to be the most likely to fashion into something more than just shitty raiders. They seem to be after something more than just killing for fun, and even their leadership seems to have loftier goals than just constantly robbing and killing for money.

>remove preston's essential status
>crucify him
Best way to play the game.

wrong best dlc of fallout 4.

It only gave you hope because the main game was complete and utter shit. In reality, it's a really mediocre DLC that has a shit base game make it look better.

>Build the minutemen up, giving the entire Commonwealth (false) hope.
>Side with one of the raider factions and FUCK over the minutemen on a whole new scale to put them in the ground for good.

Attached: Jack DWI.gif (325x230, 960K)

how does a kid from a vault?

making the player do stuff is literally every game in existence retard.
and the only people that betray you are the raider gang that got the least amount of stuff from you.

far harbor was pretty great, though. there was some actual substance to it with some interesting things + a semblance faction integration. not a lot, but it was there. only DLC worth it.

the kid doesn't though, there's no way you'd have the big guns skill required to properly operate a minigun

what build variety is fallout 4 lacking compared to earlier games?

All this shit in the base game would have been fixed Preston became the new General after Concord and you were his right hand. You can help rebuild the Minutemen and the Commonwealth if you want, but lore-wise you still answer to the actual leader of the Minutemen.

With the Institute it's even more insane as the actual store slams you over the head with the fact that the heads of each division hold all of the power and responsibility, and they only listened to Father out of respect/familiarity. They treat you like a glorified merc at best

I disagree, it added a big area which had some interesting bits.

Would've been neat if it added another ending to the game, letting you fight both the Institute and the BoS with your raider bros

They just like money better than killing but they're still raiders

Because peoples want to feel important.
It's fucking retarded but retards loved to be the archmage in skyrim even if you only know one spell.

Do you want the game to choke to death with all the actors plus all your settlement crap? Due to the way the game is designed if you build up Sanctuary, Red Rocket, and Abernathy Farm into giant fortresses you run a risk of CTD as the game pulls all three settlements and scripts into it's memory as they are close to each other on the grid. Granted that's on Beth's usual shortsightedness though. Quite a few settlements are too close to each other and thus get loaded at once.

>bought the PC goty version when it was 14 dollars the other week after completing it on the Xbone years ago
>can't even go into Vault 88 without CTD despite never being in there before

Lovely game, Todd.

Blackpill me on fo4 porn mods

People like to shit on Todd but Pete Hines and Emil Pagliarulo are the real masterminds behind killing Fallout.

One quest was ripped off.

That actually was the reason. The other scientists thought the gorilla guys were wasting time and resources.

>put time and painstaking effort into a settlement system in a game that's been reluctant to hand out even a shoebox for the player in more than one location
>end up jimmying solutions in every other game but here, your dumb stash can be linked across the whole damn Commonwealth
>the settlement system, love or hate, ends up being a big part of what they wanted you to do and spend time with and grow with as your run grows in hours-played

>release DLC
>it shits all over the settlements in such a way that the player is offered none of the boons and all of the inconveniences

I liked the environs of Nuka World but I shoulda listened to that bitch and just put all three raider families on ice.
Putting a few shotgun rounds into Nisha's idiot fucking fag head was beauty in motion though. I can't stand when faggot NPCs try to bully my Bethesda create-a-characters, like, bitch I got six weapons and ten thousand rounds of ammo on me, fuck you talking shit for? You wanna suck off a flamethrower? Because that's how you suck off a flamethrower

Extremely shit taste.

Attached: EA-fmX9WsAEjSBL.jpg (1538x2048, 409K)

Pete Hines is just the marketing guy. He has absolutley no say in any of the lore or writing that goes into the games. He's a dope but he's not the problem.

based. fuck emil in particular.

What sucks about settlements is that there's literally no point in doing it past the first one. Place 50 industrial water purifiers in Sanctuary for infinite money, but then what?

>far harbor
decent
>contraption
>wasteland
what the fuck
>automaton
Muh Beyond Good And Evil
>Nukaworld
Muh Ak's

Attached: huhh.png (255x243, 16K)

trying to make new slaver camps in the Wasteland is a pain because you have to go through so many animations for the guy to go "nope"

Mothership zeta is way worse than any other FO DLC.

They were never canon. They were always "Canon?" Even in the first Fallouts, there was the plausible deniability that they might just be some weird mutants.

But none of that matters because if you consider aliens canon because of the first 2, then you also consider fucking Riddick and Doctor Who as canon in the FO universe.

It doesn't force anything on you. You have plenty of chances to tell Ulysses he has the wrong person. Your mentality of "characters in a piece of fiction can't be wrong unless explicitly stated" is the problem.

>the memory section in far harbor

Attached: 1546650559900.jpg (404x313, 54K)

I have always been a proponent of having the legacy creators hold a major role in subsequent games. Even Miyamoto who's batshit insane at this point and his ideas don't really mesh well anymore the fact that he's keeping an eye out for Mario and Zelda means he can stop those series from reaching "Sonic with a gun" levels of why.

You know what's funny? FO4 really made Skyrim look way fucking better in comparison and in hindsight. Like, damn, Skyrim has a shitton of issues with it but it at least still resembled an elder scrolls game. Fallout 4 is so far removed from the rest of the series that Obshitian's epic exclusive knockoff game looks far more deserving of the Fallout title than this.

He shits on fans, disregards fallouts own lore, defends immersion breaking design choices, and lied up to the release about how shit 76 was going to be.

Emil is worse as he’s ultimately the source of why Bethesda Fallout is shit but Pete actively shits on Fallout and fans

Getting one of each store for supplies and getting max population settlements and building a bunch of scrap benches gives you resources to craft with over time.
I suppose you could also build raider death traps and try to lure them into attacking for easy loot, but that has never been worth it to me. Setting up arena settlements can be kind of fun but I'd rather there be an actual arena with quests and rewards with it.
If it was just a handful, maybe 7-10 settlements, and the rest of the world was more fleshed out it would be a pretty cool addition. Instead there is basically diamond city, vault 88, and goodneighbor for towns and the rest you have to build yourself, except like you said there aren't questlines or unique characters associated with any settlements so at best you are playing a really barebones simulation game.

They're useful in survival.

He's a soulless marketing guy. It's his job to stand by whatever pants on head retarded decisions the dev team makes, he has no say over any of it. I'm not defending him either, even as far as marketing guys go he's pretty shit. It just doesn't make any sense why anyone would think he would know the deep nitty gritty lore answers and shit, he has nothing to do with any of that.

What really gets me is that without mods the fucking settlers can't do ANYTHING by themselves and the player has to do it all. Can't fix the houses, can't decide how to defend the place, can't even decide how to plant crops or harvest them. So fucking stupid you can have an entire field of crops but the settlers complain about no food as they are too fucking stupid to assign farmers themselves.

The main problem for me about Lonesome Road (aside from a comical overuse of "bear" and "bull) is making Tunnelers canon and Ulysses suggesting they'll spread out and fuck shit up.
They're shown to easily fuck up Deathclaws and apparently they spread like vermin, which is really writing the fate of the West into a corner.

>implying it wasn't done on purpose to make Bethesda ignore that part of the country in their future games

You say that but gamers are kinda retarded. 600 hours in fallout 4 and they still complain and buy the games and all the dlc.

They are all shit and will not improve since SexTec (SexLab, SexOut, etc.) got blacklisted, play Skyrim instead.

oh god you just reminded me
F U C K

Attached: pain.jpg (1024x1023, 69K)

It was Todd that boasted on video interview that he kept pushing the "Removal of needless mechanics and simplifying (the game) for newcomers". Needless things like fucking Skills in FO4 and Class Systems in Skyrim.

Pete is just a marketing goym that does whatever daddy Todd tells him to say.

I tried to find the interview in question but trying to search anything todd related just results in a cesspool of shitty memes and unrelated rants.

Attached: Todddddd.jpg (1440x779, 120K)

I love it when retards get personally upset at Avellone's characters because they're almost always critiques of the setting they love so much.

There's something that infuriates me about Emil. The fact that he calls himself a writer but has operates on a level of childishness and immaturity that only video games are an acceptable outlet for his drivel.

I believe that I saw that part included in one of the million rants out there, Try these ones first:
youtube.com/watch?v=2kRRYgf54oM
youtube.com/watch?v=JweTAhyR4o0

This dlc is hot garbage for not having a hero campaign. The fucking main game literally forces you to be good.

Creation club killed them. The new elder scrolls will have just as shitty a porn scene too.

>blacklisted
By what?

moderators

There's a really fucking wild story behind it that you may want to try and find from the archives.

What moderators?

>Cryptic shit
Fuck that

One of the site mods named Gregathit felt that FO4 was "stealing the spotlight" from Skyrim Remaster and started a personal crusade to have all official development of mods on the site for it to be brought to an halt, and mostly succeeded. He started to harass mod makers both on site and IRL, doxing them and trying to impose as them and post CP trying to pretend that they posted it instead and threatening to call cops on people living in different continents if they didn't obey him.

He basically single-handedly canceled the development of LL sexframework for FO4.

Theres a bit more to it but yeah, thats more or less it.

So the modders stopped because of a forum moderator who has autism? That's weird.

Your average Joes didn't stop, but all the big names behind all the previous frameworks (that has all kinds of personal info stores on the site such as names and donation infos) did along with many long time "senior" modders, you know, people that actually got things done.

It simply was not worth it to get doxed just for it.

well like said, the next game will probably also have a shit mod scene(in general) if even forums are acting like this

There were other things at play like the Loligate part 2: the electric boogaloo how poorly it was handled. Or was that also started by our friend?

It was

>All of the factions are fucking stupid and i didn't want to side with any of them.

Basically Fallout 4 summed up.

The Brotherhood is fucking based in this one tho.

this is the best fallout 4 DLC. at least they where not hiding that they where making theme parks on this one.

They're the least bad faction. But even they're stupid and bogged down by their techno cultist ideals.

Dude, if being a techno cultist gets you a gigantic anti-communist bot killing machine then I'm happy to be part of the cult.

Attached: science.jpg (700x393, 76K)

Remember when they raised the price of the season pass before even telling anyone what was going to be in it?

>Remember when they raised the price of the season pass before even telling anyone what was going to be in it?

The news of the Season Pass costing more caused me to buy the Fallout 4 Season pass before the price spike

How did that work out?

>How did that work out?

I feel the $30 price tag is a good price. $50 would of been a ripoff.

I mean you get:
1 that is light on story, no new area, and only gives you more shit to build (the robot one)
1 is like nothing but building (vault builder)
1 is pretty good and you can do shit in the main game that interacts with it once you are done (Far Harbor)
1 sounds good in concept but the execution sucked (Nuka World)

>playing New Vegas for the first time
>DLC goes on sale
>read that it's best to play them in release order
>buy Dead Money
>game becomes Bioshock
>hate everything in the villas, can't leave unless I want to load save from before I started DLC
>finally get snowglobe and get to casino
>itgetsgoodfivehoursin.jpg

>They're the least bad faction
They're retarded, why would they blow up the Institute instead of looting it when their goal is supposed to be hoarding advanced technology? The only "good" ending is Institute/Minutemen and even that is full of stupid shit.

>In order of what is best for the Commonwealth
Minutemen >> Brotherhood of Steel >>>> Institute >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Railroad
>In order of enjoyment to support
Brotherhood of Steel >>>>> Institute > Railroad >>>>>>>>>>> Minutemen

Because it's bad science, DUH!

The institute faggots only managed to make robots that rebel against them and regularly eat shit from assaultron and mister gutsy. They literally just reinvented a shittier wheel.

Also their lazer guns suck ass. The salvaged prewar guns are superior. They couldn't even manage to ape an existing technology? Clearly we are dealing with an intellectual bunch.

Then they STILL have arguments about if the robots have free will or "soul" or deserve to have them, bunch of fucking crackhead hippies.
OH, AND LET'S NOT FORGET ABOUT THAT DAMN TELEPORTER! The fuckers have a (seemingly) perfectly functional teleporter and they underutilize it to hell and back. They could just teleport suicide synths out of the sky to their enemies or bombs but no. Also given the general level on competence we have seen from these hippies I sincerely doubt they managed to make a fucking teleporter that doesn't give it's user a cancer of some shit.

Just blow it all up literally nothing of values was lost.

I only did one playthrough of Fallout 4 because of how shit it was, and thank God I decided to side with the brotherhood

>Dead Money is good meme

One-hitter-quitter, into the shitter.

I really enjoyed it the first time, but there's no reason to do it again, ever.

It's called Bar Harbor

>bunch of fucking crackhead hippies
dunno why that made me laugh so much

Attached: kekyoin.jpg (1024x576, 61K)

At least it had Andrew W.K.

Attached: db2f655b (1).png (790x395, 401K)

Protip:
If you have anything placed underneath your stairs, NPCs wont walk up them. Stairs in-general are very buggy for NPCs, consider using ramps instead, if possible