Holy shit, left actually looks worse

Holy shit, left actually looks worse.

Attached: wtf.png (1438x399, 840K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8C5bcI8qDHA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>old good
>new bad

Hardware limitations don't make something look better user. This remake is them doing the exact designs they wanted to do in the original game but didn't have the technology to pull off.

Are you stupid?

>people who hoarded Wii copies lose out on their """investment"""
I'm not even gonna play it I'm just happy

I don't like how blonde shulk is now, he used to be platinum blonde but now he's just flat blonde

>hoarded Wii copies
Oh no no no

>XBC was always meant to look like a Tales game just like XBC2!
Here comes the historical revisionism right on time.

Attached: op the idiot.png (1191x620, 546K)

wasn't it on the 3DS too

Right looks like she needs to wash her face.

haha fuck you anime won

dumb weeb

The new one is worse if you aren't an addled semenbrain.

dunno what's this but left looks objectively better to me.

To be honest both of them are quite ugly.

post better you boring fucking niggers

Xenoblade Chronicles is getting a remaster and the image on the left is from the teaser

Unironically soulless vs soul.

Imagine being so anti-weeb that you fool yourself into beliving left looks worse because you are too insecure to admite an anime artstyle can make things look better.

Attached: 1567702161193.png (1280x720, 35K)

they both look like shit. xenocringe in general has atrocious art direction.

It's an anime imageboard, retard. Go back to neogaf or gamefags

At first glance left looks like she has big eyebrows.

XC1 had that Tales art-style, just did it at a lower resolution.

Attached: NOT_ANIME.jpg (715x880, 269K)

Anime always win baybay eat shit op

Left unironically looks better. Anyone claiming otherwise is retarded and begging for (You)s

There are actual Tales games on the Gamecube and Wii, they look nothing like Xenoblade.

It really doesn't

Is this the new xenoblade shitpost template?

I'm a bit sad that the boob bone has been replaced by a flat texture, but other than that it's fucking glorious.

You are right user. The actual history is they had no concept art for characters and instead made the character models and faces around the clothing designs they made. The art they later produced was reverse engineered from the models.

>fingers still made up of like 3 polygons
yikes!

you blind faggot?

No, he's just someone that has a shitfit over anything even slightly anime-looking

This is some of the most blatant OLD GOOD NEW BAD mindless shitposting I've ever seen, I cant even comprehend the level of brain damage you would have to have suffered to think the right looks better
>,but muh SOUL
Fuck off

>Left
Full of personality and life.
>Right
Dead puppet eyes. Unironically lacks soul.

XBC was probably one of the ugliest games I've played

Are you stupid? New Xeno shit and the DE look like generic Tales shit, not the original XB.

Good thing 99% of people disagree with you, brainlet tard who can't appreciate good art.

The original only looked like it did because bright colours don't work well on low resolution textures, especially if they intend to maintain some degree of visual detail. As a result, everything in the original game looks muddy and dirty as fuck because it minimizes the visual flaws of low res textures. Even ignoring this limitation it just didn't look good anyway.

>old looks bad
>new looks bad too just in a different way
Has another remake done this before?

>>old looks bad
spotted the brainlet

Attached: 1518160263648.jpg (1000x989, 106K)

You've posted this exact thread before.
>there are people that give a fuck about JRPG animu garbage

Is this post ironic or has Yea Forums reached some new low that I wasn't aware of yet? I'm leaning towards the former because I don't want to live in a world where people unironically post brainlet nujacks in the year of our lord 2019

Attached: 1567810097733.jpg (3024x4032, 1.15M)

Attached: 1566177627548.png (1280x856, 59K)

Attached: 1500609794771.png (644x644, 936K)

Are you dumb?

people that think that left looks better are fucking brainwashed weebs
i have nothing against anime artstyle, but there is something very fucking wrong with the new artstyle
why is she so oversaturated and orange, and why the fuck is her skin just a blank texture?
right is anime artstyle, left is weeb artstyle

Right looks like she has downs

>implying it's the same developers with the same ideas and same tastes as it was back when it was originally made
People change, and often times for the worse. These are not the same developers as they once were, even if they worked on the original game.

right looks like it belongs in a ps2 horror game

I don't like how they updated the character models to have the new style which is more cartoony and has more vibrant colours, when they didn't do anything to modify the environments. It clashes.

Right looks like Final Fantasy XII's style where everyone looks like they smeared motor oil on themselves to simulate shadows.

doesnt matter waifufags who got onboard the series with xc2 will eat it up.

>Sold my copy 2 years ago for $100

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Aho Girl - 04 [720p].mkv_snapshot_09.56_[2017.07.27_20.17.34].jpg (1280x720, 76K)

welp time to make a good post on the ol chan of 4 this'll be a good one i can feel it
>unzips pants
>points ass at keyboard
*bbbppppthrhtthhhbrrbbrrbBBBRAAAAAAPPPPPPPPPPPPH*
left is soulless weebshit xc2fags are secondaries who will eat it up right is based soul
*PPPBPBPRBRBRBRBBBBBbbbbbththththtbbbpbth*
god.......fuck.............that was a good post.......

The shitty resolution of the shitpost actually does make right look better here.

I agree with this. XBC2 was also terrible but wasn't nearly as overdesigned and muddy as XBC1.

XBCX had the best Art Style out of all of these though.

right looks like a character from Half Life 1

The only character who looks weird to me is Reyn, Shulk and Fiora look fine so far. The main issue I have with XBDE so far is the colors. Fiora's hair is too dark orange, and Shulk's hair is way too bright yellow.
The colors in the environments aren't great either. I'm not a fan of the new Alcamoth.

Attached: 0-38.png (1280x720, 1.29M)

I want to go back...

Yeah the environment colours look more like X, which isn’t a good thing for me. They should be more vibrant.

>it cannot be fixed without a new server or banning Japan. I'm considering which is best

Attached: kek 132.jpg (710x577, 76K)

If they're adding/finishing the area on Bionis Shoulder, I hope they add the location in pic related.
I was always disappointed that it wasn't in the game.

Attached: 1522648947343.jpg (1920x1080, 647K)

>that fucking face
>left looks worse

You're fucking blind.

This was approved by the Xenoblade creator you fucking retard

To that user who said that Nia shouldn't be Edea: fuck you loser.

Attached: IMG_20190909_123642.jpg (1600x1542, 236K)

Right is stylistically better, but left is graphically better. The new style is over saturated and generic.

Bare Vesperia, and even there that's debatable, Tales wishes it looked as good and was as expressive as XC2. They're finally getting rid of that shitty Xillia engine for Arise, at least.

Attached: 1529360009827.jpg (1024x576, 49K)

>Fiora goes from looking like the inbred offspring of a potato and a carp to looking like the attractive girl she was always supposed to be
>People are mad about it
Sasuga, Yea Forums

Attached: 1568007915342.png (269x269, 117K)

When will this meme end

new bad old good!! new bad!!!

Attached: 2231B1D1-C0FB-4E81-B250-88AA0688DC47.png (454x520, 13K)

he's right tho

I LOVE anime I hope every franchise ever changes their characters to anime get gassed cucks.

>I LOVE anime I hope every franchise ever changes their characters to anime get gassed cucks.

Attached: AC7D0B3F-01E3-49AC-A142-45BDE7065C0E.png (805x851, 89K)

Op is right in this one. Anatomically speaking, right has an actual nose & mouth while left is anime shenanigans.

LOL spot the "yeah i played xenoblade chronicles and only that one because it wasn't an anime game" normies here. You lot are fucking stupid and the reason we get gritty brown and green mud textured shit. Go play your xbox or something.

>remaster looks worse than the orginal
And water is wet OP.

>XBC1 is not anime
lmao

Most of current Yea Forums is literally Redittors now.

I just got to that part in Torna where I have to increase my Community level to 4. Someone please motivate me to continue.

Cope

Wait til you have to do it again.

That’s because you can actually talk about videogames on reddit.

there are some mission lines that can fill up your Community Level really quickly, some even lead you to secret areas that you likely havent found too

Everything after that point is pure Xenokino and completely worth the effort

back

It really does.
I hate this shitty generic anime style that they're using to pander to XC2fags. Its unironically soulless.

As long as you only talk about the same exact games in exactly the same way as the popular opinion, otherwise you get downvoted and hidden. You are allowed to love popular games and hate unpopular ones, and if you have a complaint about a popular, game, it has to be a common one, otherwise you don't get to have a discussion.

I use Reddit for specific things because some communities largely only exist there (it's almost impossible to find good programming discussion anywhere now. Even IRC is almost dead for all but the most popular topics. Discord sucks shit), and it is fucking awful.
At least there are still some good dedicated forums for niche subjects, like nesdev. I wish everything didn't consolidate to fucking Reddit and Discord.

The only reason anyone would say right looks better is if they think being a contrarian dweeb means they have a personality. Protip: it doesn't and you don't.

Looks better but oversaturated. Definitely more anime than before. XB1 was a weird mix between anime/realism. I just hope it continues to have soul.

This, OP is a retard and faggot.

none of you unironically believe that Left looks worse than right, youre all following a contrarian's opinion like it was the truth because its popular to be contrarian on Yea Forums.

Attached: 1567713366559.jpg (1880x2084, 444K)

bros

i cant believe xeno is anime now

>the developers intended vision vs limited hardware
yeah, right is soulless

The only reason anyone would say left looks better is if they're a dick sucking weaboo that loves XC2.

>all these fags focused more on the new character models than if the Definitive Edition will retain the original's art direction and design
Fucking idiots. Xenofags everybody.

Attached: 1555068551901.png (384x487, 419K)

Cry harder fag

3 out of 4 look 100% better on the right. And the 4th one is ten times better on the right.

Wii version is SOUL
Switch version is SOULER

Not going to lie, I like the fourth row's right better than the left because of the shot composition

different daytime, but I agree, bottom looks better on the right

>>the developers intended vision vs limited hardware
retard

Based Edeabro

Attached: 76684561_p0.jpg (1400x1738, 1.02M)

>xenoblade 1
>art direction

Attached: anime.jpg (1200x728, 78K)

I never played xenoblade before or any nintendo game really, no i even haven't played xenosaga but i have it on my backlog. i would say that right is better since they're using remodeled faces but right has better flora visual

New environment is far more colorful and vibrant, it's better

It really doesn't

have you ever tried looking at xenoblade's credits

have you ever tried looking at xenoblade 1

OLD THING GOOD

NEW THING BAD

Yeah...

Attached: profoundvisuals.jpg (651x1449, 399K)

jesus she's so dumpy in that bikini

>wah wah contarians!
So this is what XC2fags are resorting to now? Fuck off. The remaster would only be better if they didn't ruin the characters.

Attached: untitled.jpg (1880x2084, 612K)

>when you've got a terminal case of contrarianism from posting on Yea Forums so much

>le XC2fags boogeyman
This is the Trump Derangement Syndrome of Xenoblade.

Look at this faggot and laugh

Attached: mfw.jpg (1280x720, 67K)

Its not contrarianism, its called having some goddamn taste, and not being a XC2 loving faggot.
You fucking niggers are the cause of this travesty.

>artstyle is totally changed to look like XC2 and pander to XC2fags
>somehow XC2fags totally aren't the only ones defending this
You can't hide from me, I know you're all XC2fags, and I hate every one of you.

Call your therapist Andrew.

Yeah, the new artstyle is to anime, just like Xenoblade Chronices 2 (read: TWO).

On the other hand, just look how NOT ANIME Xenoblade Chronicles 1 (read: ONE) looked.

Attached: XENOBLADE_2_ARTSTYLE_SUCKS.jpg (800x450, 345K)

>prefers the inferior product
>claims its "taste"

yeah bro

totally not contrarianism

>New environment is far more colorful and vibrant

>sky is a dull darker blue instead of the bright blue in the original, clouds are light grey instead white
>Alcamoth is entirely white instead of silver, all the blue lights from the original are completely gone
>the blue on the bottom of the floating islands is paler
>purple highlights on the underside of the cliffs are gone, replaced with a dull red shade that blends in with the rest of the land

It's less vibrant. The whole thing looks washed out.

Then explain XCX? With hardware on par with the Switch, they kept a pretty similar artstyle to the original XC1 instead of going with a tales/generic anime look.

Obsessed

are you retarded or just pretending?

>>wah wah contarians!

This is simply beautiful and I am every day reminded of how NOT ANIME Xenoblade Chronicles 1 was. Now that was a game that is enjoyed by tasteful adults because, I repeat, IT WAS NOT ANIME. Not in the slightest, hrmhm.

KEEP SEETHING

Attached: 1539654109954.jpg (227x200, 22K)

>XC2fags
What the fuck are you talking about? Why does it have to be an Either/Or situation with you faggots anyways. Both XB1 and XB2 are great games and don’t need to constantly compared to each other for arbitrary fandom wars.

Retard

>guyz it looks worse
>guyz guyz believe me
>I'm going to keep saying this until it catches on
>fuck you nintendies
lol kill yourself

resetera thinks the remake looks fine

XCX looked like dogshit

Kill yourself.

>Actually defending potatoes

>OK, time to get to work on the remake. Takashi, you clean up tose textures. I want then looking sharp. Hiro, you remodel their faces. We need them prepped for our new face rigging. Kami-
>Um, Yamamoto-san? What if we just redrew their faces more anime? Like this? See?
>Brilliant! Scratch everything I just said! We're making anime, boys!

>it's an X fag thread

Attached: smug2.jpg (1024x837, 67K)

BAD THING GOOD

GOOD THING BAD

Stay mad

Agreed. That's one shot which looked far better in the original.

However, the original isn't going anywhere so it's not that big of a deal. Sucks that a lot of stuff looks worse.

>left
spunky, expressive, full of life
>right
:I

>trashera's opinion
Those idiots are walking contradiction. Not unlike what we can see here right now.

Attached: eratards.png (1158x451, 155K)

You can't see shit in this trailer yet.

The new character models aren't even modeled after Xenoblade 2's artstyle. The Definitive Edition models look significantly different to those in XC1, so they're still distinct. And given XC1's design foibles, who's to say the new designs weren't a part of their initial vision, or something they wanted to possibly address in the future?

not even Xfag, probably she same mentally ill guy who's been posting the same XC2 webm's for the past year, its hilarious

Literally rent free holy shit

XBC looks fucking horrible

I love this game but its art style is atrocious

This remake is fixing its only bad point

It seems like the only thing people really are divided over (and I think its just Yea Forums shitposting) is the face remodeling. I have a feeling the final game will turn out a bit differently than this teaser in this respect, but its all down to taste here. Except for OP’s pic. Fiora looms worse in the original in this particular shot.

Attached: 8B9CD9FF-BD9B-4FA3-A88C-B186B8B15748.jpg (1047x1047, 295K)

>Fiora's hair is too dark orange, and Shulk's hair is way too bright yellow.
Hopefully this means they won't look like androgynous twins once Fiora gets her haircut.

Looking at comparison shots are interesting since it shows a lot of stuff was remade from scratch but is so close to the original in terms of design that someone on staff must be deep into it at this point.

I feel like the Alcamoth textures aren't quite finished yet, it certainly doesn't look complete

XBC and XBX were great games with fucking horrible visuals

XBC2 was a horrible game with good visuals

>XBCX had the best artstyle

worriedlaughter.jpg

Attached: potato.jpg (210x238, 17K)

He defines himself by being 'anti-anime' on this anime website.

Anime took over as it's what makes the biggest vbucks

I've come to the conclusion that this guy and the faggot who's been shitting up the Monster Hunter threads for the past two years are the same guy.

I wish they would slap giant tiddies on everyone just to shit on you contrarian faggots

I mean, if he's talking about everything EXCEPT the characters I might agree with him. X could be pretty fucking beautiful.
But considering this is a thread about character models, I somehow doubt that.

Attached: DzMpf9xU0AEQu7h.jpg (802x2048, 369K)

Led's ead datsu :DDDD

They're trying to go with a more 'realistic' color palette whereas before they used a lot of brighter, more unnatural colors.

You're a fucking idiot. This isn't about it being anime in general like you niggers are all trying to project it to be. Its about how they took a unique style and ruined it with something totally generic. If XC1 had a generic anime look in the first place, this wouldn't be a fucking issue.

I don't prefer the inferior product, you do. If you weren't a weaboo faggot, you'd realize that.

Me? Obessesed with my fucking second favorite game of all time? The one I've played through 4 fucking times now? Wow, thanks captain obvious, who would've fucking guessed?

The shitty demaster is clearly pandering to XC2fags, and I fucking hate it, because XC2 is fucking waifu garbage with a generic anime artstyle. I avoided X as well because it's artstyle was fucked. I wish XC1 would have kept its original name and could have avoided being lumped in with the rest of the games in this series altogether. It was perfect on its own, and now its being tarnished for future generations.

>People unironically say the old looks better
>People unironically use the soul meme
The contrarian board everybody

Attached: 153274 8891.jpg (640x480, 43K)

>I AM NOT A CONTRARIAN

They don't need to, a ton of characters had massive knockers anyway

The right literally looks like a photograph awkwardly stretched out as a texture and glued onto a character model. Am I supposed to prefer it because the left has an anime artstyle?

>Instead of going with an anime look

Attached: Lin_portrait.png (175x185, 43K)

I don't care user
put them on everyone
Shulk
Rikki
Mechons

I don't know what game that is, but on what planet does left look worse? It's a completely different style, but the right clearly has worse textures and that fucking face is awful.

Attached: 592293227298684928.png (128x128, 27K)

left looks like generic weebshit though

>LE SOUL LE SOULLESS
Good lord, please shut the fuck up already.
You want to know why the XC1 characters had that "art style"? Because I guarantee that you were never actually meant to see their faces all too clearly. The Wii didn't even have HDMI for Gods sake, at a time when flat screen TVs were on the rise.

Pull your fucking heads out of your fat greasy assholes.

Attached: 1567922430649.png (1800x1600, 795K)

God you sound like a dumbass

The old was a technically unrefined style. The new is a technically refined style. However, the old style was what it was, and should be preserved as much as possible, because it's unique aesthetic qualities were part of the experience.

Fiora on the right is literally making the fucking npc wojak face. How the fuck do you think this is better?

Soulless= Me no likey

Fuck off

I honestly doubt big lipped autistic aliens were their intended aesthetic for humanity, user.

Exactly, I'm not.

>Mechonis's design now reflects the fact that its soul is female and has city-sized breasts

You wouldn't know what "soul" is if it hit you over the fucking head with a frying pan.
Please bury yourself in the deepest hardest to find crevice on earth and never show your face again.

>You will live to see Satorl Marsh at night in full HD
God bless this earth

The change to the sky is the only thing that really bothers me. It might be autistic, but I'm a skyboxfag and I preferred the bright skies in the original game to the duller colors in both of the sequels and (seemingly) the Definitive Edition.
If they don't recreate pic related in its full glory, I'll be pissed.

Attached: ce6c5d0c6f0704fb9127a47c359f43a8.jpg (1024x634, 124K)

>soulless remake/remasters are good
You sound like a fucking faggot, I bet you think FFX HD looks better than the original too.

Actually, if you look at the concept and promotional artwork, it is incredibly close to what they rendered in 3D. Only the in-game graphics were technically unrefined.

>A new part of the game set on the Mechonis' breasts

Because it looks better

one big city on every tit!
water pipes will end at the nipples

Being refined or unrefined doesn't make them look less autistic with giganto lips.

you guys keep arguing with a single autist that has been shitting up Xenoblade threads for the past 2 years now, he keeps arguing its the XC2 artstyle despite it not being the same artist, or any of the artists that Xenoblade 2 featured

Attached: 1561766643380.png (408x408, 92K)

There was that cut area between Mechonis Field and Central Factory...

Go away redditor no one wants your shit content

> Maybe we should do the best to make something beautiful on the hardware we got?

> NO make something shitty and subpar so we can wait until a theoretical hardware improvement and release a better version

>You wouldn't know what "soul" is if it hit you over the fucking head with a frying pan.
This is irony at it's finest. XC2fags like yourself worship soulless garbage.

That's what makes this a reMAKE instead of a remaster: it actually looks better than the original

>Actually, if you look at the concept and promotional artwork, it is incredibly close to what they rendered in 3D.
That's because some of it literally is the models. Xenoblade 1 didn't have character concept art.
>For the original Xenoblade Chronicles game, this character design artwork simply didn’t exist; all we had were costume designs for the clothing the characters wore. This meant we were forced to create the CG character models to fit those costume designs. And what’s more, the only artwork released of those characters were retouched versions of their CG models – there was no concept art to speak of, not like this at any rate.

>when you become so contrarian that you think potato faces look better
Fuck this board. I’m so glad XC2 success, coupled with XCX’s failure and this remake’s future success is leaving you faggots with this much seethe.

I doubt they'll fuck up the stars since that's the entire selling point of the area's night time.

never played XC2 lmao kill yourself fuckwit

Nice strawman

I was just making fun of dipshits like you who unironically use an argument such ''SOUL'' and ''SOULLESS'' to make a point.

Also XC1 was a blatant anime-game and if you couldn't see that then you were just blind as fuck.

Let me educate you
1. I am not the only one, there are others who actually have a fucking brain and aren't just cumguzzling weaboos that eat up anything with generic anime faces on it
2. How have I been arguing about this for 2 years when this demaster was revealed just recently?

I'm just talking about the colors desu

COPE harder

These faggots actually think slapping generic 00s anime feature textures onto a muddy potato takes artistic merit.

And I didn’t bitch about it because I love Xenoblade’s environments.

>Muh weebs

Xenoblade and the entirety of the XENO-FRANCHISE IS ANIME YOU DUMBFUCK

KILL YOURSELF

How can you claim that refinement of a style doesn't affect the look of the characters? That doesn't make logical sense.

Interesting. Well, this only helps my point then. The unique circumstances of the creation of these characters resulted in a unique style. Which should be preserved.

Never played the games. Characters look better on the right. They're far more expressive. The mech looks better on the left though, I guess.

It's the gift that just keep on giving. I don't know if it's the best, but it's definitely a most entertaining timeline.

Attached: imagine being this wrong.png (384x128, 37K)

How in the absolute fuck does the right look better? And don't say some stupid horseshit like "muh soul" give me an actual critique of how, exactly, you think the right is superior.

>generic 00's

What the fuck does this mean? Can you provide an example or are you just shitting out of your arse again because you're a fag?

Uniquely shit, maybe.

Is this game the same as XCX and XC2, in that even basic trash mobs are insane damage sponges and take full minutes to kill? That was the only reason I couldn't stand those two games, never played this one.

Nah, you're in love with that game, which is why you're so happy its fucking infecting XC1.

I've never said XC1 wasn't an anime game, the problem is that it had a unique style that this demaster is replacing with it's own generic garbage just like that of XC2.

>Takahashi and his associated artists/writers are known otaku
>b-but Xenoblade would never turn to filthy otaku pandering weebshit before XC2 happened
Ahahahahaha

id love for them to give Xenoblade X a chance, both the artist and the modellers got better at making stuff, id bargain it would look much better now
your seething is showing
its mixed on that for me, Im very curious to see the night time environments

Attached: Xeno2-Shulk-Fiora.jpg (575x300, 70K)

OBSESSED

It looks like moot

I can tell you played it wrong. Enemies actually don't have enough HP, they always die before you can unleash the full wrath you've been building since the start of the battle

Let's not act like XCX wasn't anime as fuck. Lin looks exactly like a bad anime potato face and the game is filled with shit like cat girls and cat-elves, mechas, racism plots etc.

>I've never played this game
>"I disagree"
whatever you say schitzo

I prefer the new art style but you're just flat wrong. There is clearly an art direction change. They could have done more anime style graphics if they wanted to with the hardware of the Wii. They didn't go that route and instead went for something a bit more realistic. That "realism" doesn't age well and that's why they look like potatoes today. If they remade the faces today, trying to stay true to the old style, they'd look much different than what we're seeing at the moment.

Literal down syndrome face straight looks better than actually expressive face because "muh animeshit"
I'm saving your pic as a timeless memorial of how low can someone fall just because of his personal anti-anime feud

Attached: signlaughing.gif (360x202, 1.18M)

Right looks like some shitty low-res LOD face texture that hasn't loaded in yet. No expression, blocky, devoid of personality. I guess it could look "better" if you were a onionmilk guzzling tumblr faggot.

You aren't going to find a single creator who is proud of not having a proper art director and concept artist, and that they had to make do with junk. No matter how much you like the ugly faces, they consider it a mistake.

XBC plays nothing like XBC2

Visually it does but the combat itself is radically different

Xeno has always been anime, Xenoblade simply didnt have any concept for its characters

Attached: 23-BpRq7.jpg (800x918, 180K)

Right actually looks like a photograph, just really low res. Left is a generic anime drawing. Though the absolute worse is the Wii version in high res on an emulator. The eyes aren't blended in to the face so they look like someone just shopped anime eyes on at the last minute. I'm sure someone here has the screenshot.

>That "realism" doesn't age well and that's why they look like potatoes today
It ALWAYS looked bad

I don't care about that, I care about how much hp the enemies have

I love the world, stories, characters, design, setting, everything about the games, I just can't fucking stand taking almost a full minute or two to kill something half my level in an action rpg, it's ludicrous

What to you qualifies as having too much hp

I never said Xeno wasn't anime, you fucking 20 IQ chimp. Generic anime is not the same as anime in general.
The XC2fag "but it was always anime" argument is extremely flawed because that has never been the fucking issue.

Wow, captain obvious strikes again.

I am not against anime you fucking XC2 loving dipshit.
THERE IS A FUCKING DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A UNIQUE ANIME ARTSTYLE AND A GENERIC ONE!!!

Because me no like anime

>body has literally no texture
So this is what 10 years of technology progress looks like? Whoa

Attached: textures.png (844x740, 164K)

The only way I'd want X is if they do story rewrites, making Cross less of an irrelevant nobody or removing him altogether and letting us just play Elma.

It's not that bad, honestly. You say "big lips", but in truth, they just have lips appropriate for the size of their faces. Rather than thin featureless lips you see drawn on flat anime faces.

Now that I know they were designed by 3D artists, it makes sense. A 3D artist is going to work like a sculptor. Putting more dimension into a character's face. Not shying away from mouths, noses, and brows. But trying to mold them appropriately.

>On the other hand, at Monolith we pride ourselves on our design of backgrounds and technological gadgets. When I’m setting out to make a game, nothing stokes my creative fires more than all the detailed, high-quality assets our artists turn out, and I’m incredibly grateful to them. As I wrote this on an evening in August, just before our game masters up, I’m still not quite sure how many pieces of art will be included in this book you’re holding. But if the selections included here help to convey the craft and care we pour into our creations, I’ll feel we’ve done our job well.

They didn't have any art direction, is the entire thing. They slapped these faces up with no prior concepting beforehand.

>our design of backgrounds and technological gadgets
You see a mention of faces there?

Fags complaining about Xenoblade becoming anime clearly never played any of the other Xeno games

>weebshit artstyle
Yikes
Right was better

Attached: 1.jpg (573x800, 75K)

That's just emphasizing their strengths, among other things. But he's talking about all of the work his artists put in.

It looked more in line with XC1 then XC2 and XCDE does. Also anyone trying to say it looks shit probably is only talking about the faces, which actually aren't even THAT bad.
Just look at XCX, the style is very different from both XC2 or XCDE.
I don't know what the one faggot is spamming about XC1 not being anime, because it is, but it's not the same STYLE of anime as XCDE is. XCDE is like taking a anime with an 80's or 90's anime style and remaking it with a modern anime style that's a lot more simplified and pump a fuck load of pastel light tones. Sure you could say "IT'S STILL ANIME" but it's not the same STYLE which is important.
I said generic anime, not anime, retard.

That quote is about XC2, and they had every reason to be proud here

Attached: Artbook Preorders Exceeded.png (586x637, 330K)

when I'm double the level of something, it shouldn't take a full minute to kill in an arpg, what do you not understand about that? bosses or special enemies maybe, but not a random rat or something running around outside one of the cities, every XC game gets to a point where no matter what level you are, your basic attacks don't scale very much after a certain point, so even fights against trash make you spend the time to build up the combo system in game
I shouldn't be spending that much time on enemies I was fighting 30 hours ago that I'm just trying to run past

>they just have lips appropriate for the size of their faces
Now I think you've never seen a real person. Nobody has lips that take up the majority of the bottom third of their face. They're significantly larger, proportionally, than a real person's lips. They're like anime eyes in proportion to real eyes, except lips.

>conveniently leaving out the part leading into that, where he talks about how the lack of character design for 1 exposed Monolith Soft's shortcomings and expresses his gratitude that for the support that the designers on 2 provided
Very cute.
They had art direction, but not character designers.

I dont recall XBC being like that

If you wanna see if the XBC remake is for you just load up the game on Dolphin and play for like 10 minutes to judge for yourself.

I don't think they even played Xenoblade 1, most of them.

Yes, it is obvious you are obsessed and COPING

Ah the classic "only MY arbitrarily unique type of anime is good". You’re fucking braindead dude, XC1’s characters looked like a mashup of generic 00s anime faces because that’s what they were, bland features slapped on garbage models and then reverse engineered onto official 2D art. You happening to fall in love with that tripe doesn’t suddenly make it better than the developers efforts to give them actual faces.

>that I'm just trying to run past
You haven't played the games.

>cuckstagia critic

When you're like 5 levels above an enemy, they ignore you and keep roaming free in the overworld. Why the fuck are you complaining about fighting rats -x2 your level, such fights never happens by design

Attached: perfect.jpg (500x1200, 102K)

that was a quote directly after discussing his lack of concept art for XC1. He was speaking broadly. But

Also...
>While it’s true that concept art exists primarily as a basis upon which to design in-game models and assets, it fulfills other important roles as well. This time around, the artwork breathed life into the characters we were designing from an early stage, right down to their facial expressions. As a result, the in-game versions of those characters are all the more refined, and their emotional range comes through in the final product.

Note, that he talks about breathing life into characters, and *refinement*. This is my point. Now that they have the time and/or budget to actually design the characters, why can't they refine what they have? Instead of redefining what the characters are.

No one is complaining about it becoming anime, its about the change in artstyle. Its like the fucking jarring look of the shitty DQV movie that replaced the Akira Toriyama style with DreamWorks tier designs, except if it had retards like you saying "hurr durr dere both cartoony wats da difarence?".

Complaining about the new artstyle is literally SONICS ARMS ARE NOT BLUE tier

Attached: 1567821914803.jpg (834x608, 109K)

is this lost?

That's all you people do, it's why you invented the word "normies" and cry about what everyone who isn't a Yea Forumsirgin says and does.

>No one is complaining about it becoming anime
Maybe try reading the thread and see all the people bitching about "muh weebshit"

>actual faces
>same fucking nose as every anime character the last seven years.

you guys do realize that this was official art for the original game, right

Attached: xb-melia-and-fiora-swimsuits.jpg (780x1100, 214K)

Gripping argument

Wow, look how much emotion that truly is showing, what a great art style that isn't complete shit at all

They look as anime as anything else Japanese-made involving humans. Why are all of you faggots so obsessed with how "anime" a Japan-made game is? Why do you shit yourselves over the very existence of anime?

They’ve been brainwashed by this

imagine if they had actually modeled the character in the style of some of the armor concepts, lol

Attached: xb-fiora-concepts1.jpg (980x820, 157K)

If you thing that nose has anything to do near an actual face then you're retarded.

please delete this user
it goes against my narrative
thank you

And the US was for red indians. Things change weeb.

Yeha, look at these GIGANTIC mouths. They could swallow even MY dick. Yes, he called it a shortcoming. But is still grateful for everyone's work.

NOOOOO I NEED TO BRAG ABOUT BEING A CULTURED INDIVIDUAL WHO ENJOYS NON ANIME JRPGS WHAT THE FUCK DID THEY DO TO MY PRECIOUS NON ANIME GAMEEEEE

So how does this measure up on the scale of Xfag mental breakdowns? Better or worse than him downloading all the images from the xeno wiki and spamming them?

Fuck off redditor

do you sad gamers not have enough waifus to fap over

fuck you i'll post more
also what did they mean by this?

Attached: xb-fiora-and-melia-illust.jpg (1000x820, 191K)

Back to your containment board

Oh no, detailed lips. Better not improve that. let's just remove them entirely, and make a line.

Go back.

they are good friends user

It’s like they submit entirely to the rhetoric of anything deviating from what they percieve as generic/too anime (despite them barely consuming any considerable amounts of anime) being unique and therefore good while mindlessly shitting on the evil bogeyman of "generic/too anime". They have no actual artistic eye, frame of reference or critical thinking, which is why it enrages them when others enjoy something that breaks down what constructs their fake and limited ideas of aesthetics and taste. It’s like those people that praise manime or pre-2000s works as the better than everything else despite having only seen about 50-100 anime

wholesome

Attached: Xba_244.jpg (2672x1662, 2.6M)

Attached: 4chan and weeaboos.jpg (1448x2492, 1.32M)

Get gud

>xenoblade now uses Kunihiko Tanaka's style

Did no one here play Xenogears? Is everyone here zoomer scum?

Attached: elly.jpg (543x515, 63K)

this armor was ugly as hell

Attached: xb-fiora-illust.jpg (780x1100, 138K)

I'm certainly not coping. Don't use words you don't know, or else you'll make yourself look like even more of a retard.

Unique is better than generic. I can't believe I even have to tell you that, it should be common sense.
The reverse engineered artwork looked especially good, all that had to do was take that and make better models with it, but instead they ditched it all entirely.

Anime in general is not weebshit, you fucking brainlet. Weebshit is stuff that looks like SAO, XC2, etc. all generic run of the mill anime faces that weebs eat right up because they hate anything that looks unique, which is really evident by the rabid defense of this shitty demaster, and they all deflect to "you just hate anime!".

The wiki image spamming was peak Xfag kino, especially when all the real Xfags turned on him and he got even more mad

It's not Tanaka's style, dumbass.

His eyes are soulless, and his mouth is in a generic fish position instead of showing any emotion.
Nice art "style"

Only XBX used that style

And it adapted it very poorly

More like giant lips. Why are you so obsessed with lips in particular?

>"an artstyle that doesnt speak to me is weebshit, but not this other artstyle that is also weebshit, that one is fine because I like it"
you are absolutely pathetic

Attached: 1567720467021.png (1103x900, 776K)

You are definitely COPING hard right now

Intensely breedable.

>those
>detailed

>Unique is better than generic.
XBC doesn't look unique

Just bad

XC1 is SAO: The game even more than the SAO games themselves. It's cringe incarnate. Xeno 2 at least wears it on its sleeve, Xeno 1 hides it at the start and then hits you like a brick, even stronger than any weebshit game out there.

Attached: XENO_2_IS_FOR_PERVS_WHILE_1_IS_FOR_GENTLEMEN.png (1207x483, 891K)

>face on the right is a literal .JPG
>good

Those are some big hands and feet.

Xenogears is the only Xeno I've played outside of XC1.
That art style is pretty generic looking, but it didn't really bother me since it was simply the artstyle that the game was given. The problem here is that they're replacing the style of the original XC1.

Imagine the handjobs

It was used for several characters (notably including Shulk and Fiora in the DLC) in XB2 and looked quite nice.
XBDE's designs clearly aren't Tanaka's work, though. People are fucking blind.

Attached: 1535233252875.jpg (1038x576, 76K)

You can easily fix the eyes and lips while maintaining the art style. I don't understand this weird binary you set up in your mind where bad features make up the style.

HOW TINY ARE YOUR LIPS?!

Yeah, you can actually see the upper lip.

I remember that thread, you mean the one where he kept trying to scream the characters were generic and people were posting some of the weird as fuck Blade designs at him?

OH NO NO NO WTF BROS XENO IS GENERIC WEEBSHIT NOW

Attached: de vs original.png (1366x389, 358K)

>that helmet
why

I like both portraits but let's be honest in our analysis; the left has anime characteristics while the right attempts actual physiology (nostrils, eyes, lips, etc).

I prefer the right just because i like the 'dusty' look, and less animated/anime-like stylizing. I'll be fine with the remake, though. More xenoblade is good xenoblade, but i do wish they'd keep it kind of consistent

LOOK AT HIS LIPS

Out of all the XBC armor designs, I legitimately liked the blue and pink 'angelic' armors, especially on Melia. I hope we still have those.

Attached: 1369584469303.gif (350x280, 952K)

>Yeah, you can actually see the upper lip.
So can you on the left of this It just has a more similar hue to the rest of the skintone, the lips are still there, only more nuanced and less exaggerated.

>HOW TINY ARE YOUR LIPS?!
How black are you?

Liking a xeno game at all makes you a fucking weeb, it's really funny watching people get so insecure about anime.

>Robo-Fiora as a housewife
Much better.

The eyes and lips are 90 percent of their faces, removing them is removing the entire artstyle

NOOOO THAT'S WEEBSHIT!!!! Get with the narrative, we're all pretending Xenoblade 1 WASN'T ANIME!!! Get on it and start using anime as an adjective.

are some people not aware that its still the original artist for Xenoblade 1 doing the art for the Definitive Edition? He was never gone to begin with, he even did the enemy blades for the Torna crew

Attached: XC2_Obrona_Artwork.png (320x320, 104K)

Shulk and Fiora's DLC look was pretty good. I think they're basing the XBDE designs on that general look, but with a new artist who has a noticeably different style. They probably couldn't get Tanaka on board to do the whole game.

when it comes to official art, I wouldn't mind seeing some formalwear armor like pic related in the remake

Attached: Xba_220.jpg (2784x1760, 2.71M)

Don't make me post it, weeb.

That's anime though. Xenoblade 1 obviously wasn't anime, it was made of normal people, by normal people, for normal people.

>people complain that a decade year old game on a gamecube-tier hardware looks slightly worse than it's unreleased remake
I hate zoomers

Hope XCX2 comes out before 2022.
Daemon X Machina seems cool but I need something to scratch the same itch that XCX did. And I also want to know what the fuck was up with Mira. Also curious when they'll finally turn the Wii U's servers off.

Attached: 1542573210571.jpg (2725x2278, 2.24M)

It's not happening, but man I wish nu-XC1 would absolutely blow up and sell several million copies, so that this obsessed anti-anime autist finally offs himself.

There are people in this world that don't want to fuck KOS-MOS. I still remember when game reporting wasn't dogshit and every magazine out there was showing her off (lot of bitching about the cutscenes though.)

Any source that it's the same artist? (I assume you meant the person who drew the character art for 1 and Shulk's Smash illustration.)
The Torna Blades were just credited to MONOLITHSOFT, they could've been designed by any of the artists working there.

Why are you on a weeb focused weebsite

>worse
Your tastes are shit.

They're exaggeratedly small.

Seriously. Like two stacked pieces of paper?

You don't have to remove them to fix them. Just model them better. Their lack of polygons force them to warp in unnatural shapes. Texture them better, so their color and shape are sharply emphasized, and not just smudged. Rig them better so they animate naturally.

For the eyes you make actual eyeballs, and put them behind lids, and model the iris to go inside, with a transparent cap in front, and high gloss so it shimmers with highlights.

>THERE IS A FUCKING DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A UNIQUE ANIME ARTSTYLE AND A GENERIC ONE!!!
The irony, coming from someone who is unironically implying the new XC style and XC2 look the same.

Attached: xc.jpg (499x234, 38K)

I wish it adds tons of fanservice and lewd scenes and in the end sells less than Xeno 2 while the Metascore also drops into low 80s because it's "too anime" and also renders the original obsolete.

His rage would never stop.

Why are you not on Yea Forums

>OMG IS THAT A SMUG GENERIC TALES-ESQUE WAIFU!!!?? I'M GONNNA COOOOOM
get fukt weeb faggot

>They're exaggeratedly small.
user seriously, if your lips are as big as the chick's on the right then you can probably swallow a whole chicken with your massive jaws.

sorry that came out of my ass, I just assumed it was the same artist since the original artist for XC was also credited as MONILITHSOFT

see

>this generic artstyle is the same as this unique one
You're retarded, and that's all I can really tell you if you still don't get it.

cope1
/kōp/
Learn to pronounce
verb
(of a person) deal effectively with something difficult.
"his ability to cope with stress"

So you think I'm effectively dealing with this terrible demaster then?

It does look unique. Being something unique won't mean everyone will like it, such as Keisuke Itagaki or Nobuyuki Fukumoto's styles some people find them off putting, but they're incredibly unique and that uniqueness adds to the charm for many people.

XC1 has nothing to do with SAO, I can tell you're just spouting random shit at this point.

>Like two stacked pieces of paper
Then you must have jungle fever bad desu.

COPE more

You have to be 18 to post here Reddit meme faggot.

There is "slightly" worse and then this is talking artstyle

They were perfectly capable of doing good artstyles on the wii

XBC was not that

XBC is an absolutely fantastic game but its always looks fucking terrible with its character models.

That's just how Monolith credits their internal artists. It's a shame, I'd like to know the names of who did what.

Wait is that a woman

>LE SMUG ANIME GIRL!!!!! OKAY NOW THIS IS BASED AND SMUGPILLED MY FELLOW CHANNERS!!!!!

Look how not-anime this is.

Attached: zanza.jpg (1280x720, 98K)

this gag doesn't work when the person in question is very clearly a women to everyeone

No right looks like they pasted a texture all wrong so her face is pulled to the side and the face looks too big and "real" compared to her paw hand.

>XC1 looks unique
>he thinks it looks anywhere near as unique as FKMTs works
This guys if fucking retarded. XC1 is literally generic 00s anime features on shitty models that make them look like goblins. There is no artistry behind it that you could say something like Baki has. I can tell you only started watching anime this decade if you think its unique.

I can't wait to see Lin's cute anime face in the remaster.

character models and designs are a part of art direction and design

>It does look unique.
No

No it fucking doesn't you mouth breathing neckbeard

XC2's eyes are so fucking good. There's a bunch of random shapes in there and it all magically comes together to make an eye.

Attached: 1548241765964.jpg (1200x675, 140K)

Where is this supposed to be even?

They look great in fully animated cutscenes but not so great outside of them. This especially applies to the three protagonists.

First, it doesn't have to be the exact same to be generic.
Second
>posts image of two totally different characters
I know that XC2 uses different artstyles (which all clash) and that one you posted is not the same one that brought us moeblob Fiora (at least moeblob in her horrendous 2D art)

Not him but if you were to take that picture of Fiora on the right, cut out the face and show it to someone who has never seen it before they would probably think its a male. Hell her face isnt even too different from Shulk's. XBC had some weird sameface going on.

I like them as stills too, just for the colors/patterns.

Looks like generic weebshit to me.

Go back to Yea Forums.

>it doesn't have to be the exact same to be generic.
Do you know what 'generic' means?

The colour design in XC2 is pretty fantastic, yeah.

>Unique is better than generic.
And GOOD is better than unique.
The new artstyle might not be unique, but at least is good
The original one style was NEITHER

retard

this looks generic? oh wait youre looking at the boobs and "LE WAIFUS" and you think it looks generic because of the obvious pandering, you have no eye for art, cope.

Attached: 91cw3z4BmhL._SL1500_.jpg (1080x1500, 251K)

Fuck all of this, give me the TRUE Fiora

Attached: screenshot.png (232x318, 113K)

Attached: 1568043996992.gif (242x243, 440K)

Was there ever a time when Yea Forums could talk about Xenoblade?

I also liked the eyes in 2

Attached: 3u4yi564jzxz.png (1920x1080, 1.5M)

>it looks like a male but only if you do a series of specific things to make it look like a male
woah you sure showed me

>They were perfectly capable of doing good artstyles on the wii
Maybe on a tiny map or a fighting game, show me one huge game like XBC on the Wii with better visual. XBC was considered a tech demo for the Wii when it came out.

discussion shortly after a game release/new announcement/update is always good. everyone's too busy talking about the content to get distracted much by shitposters

>Girl it fades to has obviously smaller lips
>NO DUDE THEY'RE TOTALLY NORMAL

Go back, nigger.

No it's not.

You should be able to tell someone is a male or a female from the face you dip

You are literally blind dude

Nothing anime here, folks.

I doubt it's anywhere specific, the artist probably was told to draw these characters on an overgrown titanic mech facing another one.
But that "horn" is the Bionis' Head, so it should be the shoulder.

I figured out why I dislike XC2's style so much anons. It's the fucking colors. It's all so saturated or too bright looking (not to mention characters look retarded).
It's also why I dislike XCDE's look too, although not for the same exact reasons as XC2. The colors in DE are so much brighter then the original, that it just looks off as a whole. The best example is Shill now having lemon hair instead of a more natural looking blond, his skin is now even lighter, his clothes are even lighter, everything in DE is just lighter and brighter and it makes EVERY character look wrong and off as a result.

yes, I'm sure some rascally fellow snuck it in to the artbook without anyone knowing

That's entirely a subjective taste thing bro.

you also have the visual context of the face being assigned to a body with long luscious hair and a pair of breasts, fucking numbnuts
that user who made the "durr is dat a waman?" comment has no excuse and is just being a retard

>The best example is Shill
>ban evading phoneposter

And so is sucking dicks, but that won't stop me from calling you a massive faggot.

Just because it's in the official artbook doesn't make it official.

The old art style works better. That's supposed to be a grown man and woman, and they look as such in the original. They look like 13 year old kids in the new version.

Looks like some kind of weird night gown.

Sure you can tell its a woman, but its still manface. Especially if you line her up next to the men.

I don't particularly care about the switch right now is the 3ds port considered good among fans?

Everything about Poppi is good except QTPI's leotard.

XC2 has some of the best colour design in modern jrpgs though, despite some mediocre main character design. XC1 was more saturated in its colours if you look at the environments.

Attached: eryth sea.jpg (1920x1080, 320K)

I wholeheartedly agree. XC2 features my favorite eyes in any jrpg ever. They're just so beautiful and expressive.

Attached: 2018022419372800-659B13F48903294AE2B3FA4F12DA9898.jpg (1280x720, 128K)

Attached: 13043.jpg (233x233, 57K)

>Characters look better on the right. They're far more expressive.

Attached: 1494826001431.jpg (433x419, 31K)

but that's not the point, the point is that the other user couldn't tell it's a woman despite everything about her body being a clear indicator that the person is a female

Play on dolphin without mods, it's the true definitive edition.

The only thing about the DE that's too saturated are the characters. Everything else is toned down compared to the original game, and I don't like it at all.

rofl

What do you guys think of nu Reyn?

Attached: reyn.png (662x283, 120K)

Don't know what you're on about. I'm unrelated to the fag spamming the thread with how XC1 is somehow not anime.
I just don't like how XC2 and DE look, most of which stems from the color choice, and for DE their choice of colors makes its look worse.

He needs work

the only part of the remaster that seems to genuinely look fucking terrible
hopefully they'll fix him

Attached: 1515681487297.png (192x176, 78K)

Better

based

He looks better, I'm just really used to old Reyn.

Anime or not, fuck this guy. It's like they took the end of a 1/10 rpg and put it into what's otherwise a 10/10 rpg.

I'm talking characters specifically, not environments.

>entirely different art-direction
>hardware limitations

Attached: ok retard funky.jpg (498x496, 175K)

>CTRL+F anime
>98 matches
for the love of god

Attached: 1415575921321.png (784x708, 657K)

the expression sucks ass, it doesn't look like he's exerting himself

user, pls, this is peak leotared tummy

Attached: 2018031423410200-659B13F48903294AE2B3FA4F12DA9898.jpg (1280x720, 184K)

Attached: adsfdasdc.gif (242x243, 72K)

Why do saturated characters bother you so much more than saturated environments? Especially when environments are way more important in Xenoblade?

>his skin is now even lighter
His skin was always supposed to be lighter, whoever did his model in the original was a fucking idiot.

He looks fine, some people are just reacting to the fact that looking like a big-lipped mong actually fits him as a character in the English dub since he's voiced like a total chav, unlike everyone else, so they'd prefer he be closer to that.

XC2 looked pretty different in the first teaser compared to the final game, they'll no doubt change it

It's always Reyn time somewhere.

I can't wait for more Reyn shitposts.
youtube.com/watch?v=8C5bcI8qDHA

The arena is cool.

You are avoiding the parts of the lips outside the shaded area.

>Anta baka?

It has no theme though, the little knightly look the original had is adorable, and even if I like it much less QT's maid theme is at least stronger. The only thing I like about QTPI is her scarf.

Character models were ugly but the world was pretty nice. Especially some of the area at night time.

>My lips are only the center of my lips

Can't wait to watch Melia get cucked in HD.

The world was exceptional on the Wii and I am still baffled that there are so many people going up in arms about the god awful character models and """""style""""" they had of all fucking things.

Outside of the shaded area is where her mouth pinches into her cheeks. It's a little more shadowed on the character model than the face I used. But you can still see it on the example face too.

Why yes, the lips are lips.

Because I'm going to be staring at this dumb face for several hours of cutscenes, and I'd rather have something that doesn't assault my eyeballs with colors that actively make the designs hard to look at. In XC2 this is a major issue, it's not as bad in DE, but it still looks off thanks to me knowing what the original looked like and how the colors were for the characters in the original.

>Shulk...
>You can...
What was she going to say?

user, your lips aren't just the center kissy bits. Your whole mouth has lips.

Thanks to the higher res we'll be able to actually pinpoint the exact moment her heart breaks in two.

Attached: 1543033363630.jpg (1280x720, 110K)

You're going to be staring at the environments for a lot more. This is all so stupid that I feel like I'm being trolled.

Only thing I truly hated was their godawful armor designs. I desperately hope there's a glamour option in this remake.

The old style is absolutely hideous and anatomical accuracy and shadows does not make up for the fact they look incredibly uncanny, ANYTHING modern is a step up from this unfortunate "style" and its a miracle these faces didn't kill the series on arrival.

Attached: 1567697771153.jpg (500x334, 21K)

You're not supposed to set the saturation and the color slider of your TV to 100%, anons.

literally looks like eyes in custom maid 3d 2

Pretty sure they know those designs sucked balls and they'll improve them. Hell, all the ones in X were pretty great and that was 4 years ago.

Normalfags seem to be brainwashed into thinking ugly = unique = good.

>Actual facial expression left
>But no its bad

Fuck off.

>complains about uncanniness
>posts that uncanny ai weebshit
Yikes!

>Your whole mouth has lips
What the fuck are you saying? You don't know what lips are?

>talk about artstyle
>pic related
opinion discarded

Thanks for accidentally supporting me I guess. Since you're convince I'm effectively dealing with this demaster by bashing it for the rest of my life.

I used those two as examples because those both have off-putting looks to them that scare away generic trash loving weebs.
XC1 does look unique, and I recognize the "fish face" models and whatnot, but that really adds to the uniqueness. Even if it all came from the armor designers not knowing what the fuck they were doing, it was a very happy accident because they made something really unique and beautiful. Maybe its just something that could never be replicated, but the thing is that looked just as good if not better when it was adapted into it's official art, so clearly it could be replicated.

It absolutely does, and that's why you hate it you fucking weeb.

>Do you know what 'generic' means?
Clearly you don't
ge·ner·ic
/jəˈnerik/
Learn to pronounce
adjective
characteristic of or relating to a class or group of things; not specific.

The original style was unique, and it was very good. The new style looks like total shit.
My main problem is the change in artstyle in general. Its so offensive to fucking ruin something by changing it's style. I get triggered whenever I see those thread about those old VNs getting remastered, sure in that case both are generic styles, one is generic 90s, the other generic 10s, but the fact still remains that the style was changed.

Look at your typical western game, they worship ugly.

user confirmed for both blind and retarded. No wonder you are so asshurt about losing this garbage face style.

>complains about right having no expression
You're supposed to use your imagination, brainlet. Nowadays ADHD kids need over exaggerated animeshit in their faces in order to be entertained.

Apparently you don't.

Poor Mythra has seen some tough shit

Attached: 2018092604144200-4CBEE39065EC88984BABA68A511DDD19.jpg (1280x720, 115K)

REMINDER
>REMINDER
REMINDER
>REMINDER
REMINDER
>REMINDER
This XC1 Remake shitposting is from a dedicated XCX discord group /xcxg/ general that used to be in /vg/ but moved to discord.
Theyre utterly seething because XCX has been left in the dust.

Stop giving them attention.

>need to now imagine that people have emotions
what?

Attached: 1541706614978.jpg (1280x720, 97K)

>sir this pasta tastes like shit
>JUST USE YOUR IMAGINATION, RETARD! JUST IMAGINE THAT IT TASTES GOOD! GOD YOU FUCKING ZOOMERS I SWEAR!

>art style is so shit you literally have to imagine it being usable
And "people" defend that shit

user, I can stare at a fucking PS1 game environment and still enjoy it if the colors are pretty, but in a cutscene heavy game with loads of close up on characters faces, if those faces hurt my eyes just to look at because of how shit the colors are on them, no matter what lighting you put them in, I'm not going to bother, especially when I can just replay a version that doesn't hurt just to look at.
If XC1 had barely any cutscenes, I probably wouldn't care at all, but XC1 has many hours of cutscenes, many hours of looking at the faces of these characters that just look off.

You sound paranoid.

>but that really adds to the uniqueness
>it was a very happy accident because they made something really unique and beautiful
No it doesn't. You keep ignoring the part where the only particular drawn parts are just generic 00s anime features and they made it even worse by slapping them on awful models. It just looks like shit. You have awful taste.

this

I think people are forgetting how different XC2 looked from its E3 presentation trailer, to the actual final product. I imagine the same will occur with this XC1 remaster, since this is only a TEASER TRAILER. The game has probably been in development for well over a year now, and will get even more dev time if it releases in June like the original did, or during the Winter. That's another 9+ months to work on the game, people act as if what we saw in the trailer is the final product.

I'm not a part of that stupid shit. I hate X too.
You may be so jaded from sitting on Yea Forums for years and year that you think everything is just made up arguments and shitposting, but I'm legitimate.
I had a fucking conniption upon seeing the character models in this demaster in the direct, and was left with a migraine for hours afterwards. I am genuinely seething over this shit, and my rage is all 100% real.

based ai

would rather play the left
thanks for reading my blog

Sounds like a you problem you weak little shit.
Remaster looks 100% better. Keep seething.

If your characters are so wooden that you have to imagine what their emotions are, then you've got a problem.
Either way, the facial expressions in the original xenoblade were fine enough for how they are, none of this "imagine their emotions" bullshit. You're just retarded.

It's so ironic that it's not. Saying nusoi cuck is actually a word people unironicly use. Leave this trash board it's getting shut down in about 348 days anyway

How do cleaner colours hurt your eyes more than oversaturated detailed environments and armours? It makes no sense, but I can't really follow your taste anyway because XC2 has the best colour design in the series.

This, not to mention that with most of the groundwork already existing for this game there'll be even more time that can be dedicated to polishing everything up.

It's true though. The guys from the XCX general moved on to discord once it died and couldn't keep up the pace of /vg/

Attached: 1547650776073[1].png (67x277, 15K)

you're welcome

Ah so you are retarded or have never played a tales game in ur life

This is some next level autism. Keep this up for a week and you'll have your very own []fag name.

Go back to friendster nigger soi nu lefty

And it will drop to 320p 20fps just like XB2.

Attached: XB2.jpg (1200x675, 233K)

I was always offput by how anime later XC games looked like but seems that that's the look they had in mind from the beginning.
Shame really.

fuck off
we already went through the discord boogeyman shit for 2 with xfag's retarded crusade

I played the entirety of XB2 in handheld mode and didnt have a problem.

Attached: Anime Retards.jpg (1280x648, 716K)

YOU NEED TO GET OUT OF MY FUCKING SITE NOW YOU FUCKING KEK SOI BITCH ASS FSGGOT FUCK NIGGER SHIT ASSHOLE FORESKIN FRANKINIG CLOWN SCUM CUMMY EATING HORSE FACED MILL DRINKING BITCH BOY.

It's like you just described Yea Forums

No, it won't. XB2 had the same problem BotW had: it got rush ported from the Wii U. The Xeno remake uses their new engine, the one they used in Torna, which ran a ton better.

Smug anime girl not so smug after getting mechoned.

where do you think the eyes in CM3D2 mods were ripped from, brainlet?

it was just Rosa going retard with the design, shes a robot, dont blame her

I get it. The joke is that left actually looks better.

They're not gonna dramatically change the art style, the most that's likely to change is shading and colors.

Now this is a negative IQ post

Yes you did. Fucking sheep.

I'm not ignoring anything, post some evidence of what you mean by
>particular drawn parts are just generic 00s anime features
because you aren't making much sense. Do you mean the sprites, as in the eyes? There's a lot more to an entire style than just the eyes. Are you talking about the official art? I don't see how this looks like your run of the mill 00s anime.

Attached: Shulk.jpg (700x1300, 120K)

The only thing that looks better in the demaster are the mechon and shit like grass, trees, etc.
The character models are fucked.

Knowing discord autists, they won't come back to Yea Forums for X's remaster and it'll all be new people.

People are just mad gears and sagas didn't get remake. These aren't Nintendo ip, go ask SE for Gears and bamco for Sagas.

>the old art style shitposter is still shitting his pants
A little embarrassing.

>there is a xenoblade x server!
>this proves my unsubstantiated claims!

this is Spyro-tier bad holy shit

>XB2 had the same problem BotW had: it got rush ported from the Wii U.
XB2 was a Switch game from the very start. The very basis for the game's gimmick (Blades) came from the changes they made to the battle system after being inspired by the controller.

The models look better in every single way.
Keep coping.

look at this fucking retard lmao

Why do so many fall for this shitty bait all the time? Don't you have anything better to do?

lol

I guess people still mad about ff8 remake HD edition and needed something to shit on

They didn't make Fiora obese so that's obviously not the case

It's not bait, weebnigger. The new remake looks like shit, simple as that and most people agree.

how fucking mad are these people going to be when the definitive edition outsells the original game

>People falling for the XC1 vs XC2 arguments all over again
>People falling for the animu art style wars all over again
You guys make it so easy to bait, you know? I told you I'd be back for every new Xeno title release.

Attached: Unamused Puppet.gif (451x250, 2.79M)

>Don't you have anything better to do?
Yes, but I don't want to do it.

>How do cleaner colours hurt your eyes more than oversaturated detailed environments and armours?
Because environments can still be made to look pretty even if they're very saturated, characters on the other hand, can not. Of course XC2's environments are disgusting on their own, but mixed with the character models makes it look even worse, like the characters are out of place. XC1 had it so the characters were still saturated, but in a way that worked well with the environment and blended well together thanks to their choice of colors on the characters, allowing them to still pop out but not make them look out of place as a whole. DE is similar to XC2 in the sense of the characters looking out of place, but for having colors that are too bright and clean for the environment they're in.

Ok. That only makes it even more of a rushjob then..

I'll keep it up for the rest of my life if I have to. They're ruining my second favorite game with this shit, because this is what newcomers will be playing, and by taking out the unique style of the original, they're making it stand out less among the Xenoblade games, and they're probably going to fuck up the story and add shit to it to connect it with the other ones.
XC1 was fucking perfect as it was, and I wish that it got to keep it's original title instead of being lumped in with the Xeno series and the cancer that came from later Xenoblades.
This is the worst timeline.

This is the worst thread on the board. None of you guys are actually addressing the opponent's argument, jut constructing a strawman to make yourselves feel superior.

Attached: AMY'S ABOUT TO COLLAPSE!.jpg (298x192, 10K)

So, whats wtih all these "I hate a japanese game made by japanese people for a japanese audience for being too japanese" threads? How can this get even more stupid.

Best boy.

Attached: EAKgQWdUEAEziLw.png (570x850, 472K)

Literally obsessed and SEETHING

No one is going to get mad because like it or not, it's a given that it will.

no need to be a fence sitter when it's pretty obvious one side is just a bunch of shitposting morons

>the left has anime characteristics while the right attempts actual physiology (nostrils, eyes, lips, etc)
That's not an argument for why the one is better than the other, though. You might as well argue Bugs Bunny would look better if he were an anatomically correct rabbit.

>this whole post
I'm sorry, you just have entirely shit taste and there is no fixing it.

>Wow a remaster of a game that's not even 10 years old yet with slightly improved graphics. I can't wait to pay full price for the same game

Attached: asdaseqwesfhghgs.jpg (490x488, 29K)

you're trying too hard

Imagine how mad they'll be when (if ever) XCX gets the XC1DE/XC2 treatment, because it definitely will. I can already taste the salt.

Attached: Xenoblade-Chronicles-2-Elma[1].jpg (1280x720, 173K)

>obese Fiora

Attached: donladboner.jpg (800x450, 61K)

You're both shitposting morons

I unironically feel the same way. Disregarding the actual content of the X and 2 games, I wish they didn't have Xenoblade in the title.

Does such a thing exist? I'm sure it will after the DE comes out.

"yOu're bOtH sHi-" stfu you're not impressing anyone

d

What, did you think I was joking you cunt? I'm dead serious about how much I hate this shit.
Retards like think I'm fucking coping but I'm not, coping would lead to me calming down over this shit and not getting fucking migraines from thinking about it.

This has already been stated and acknowledged earlier, dumbass.

I desperately want Lin to get the XC2 treatment, they learned how to adapt his art style so much better. No more horrible potato daughter.

>Nooooooooo this can't be happening, everybody was supposed to look like china dolls with downs syndrome!

If only they'd seperate her from Tatsu too and then she'd be a lot better.

If only they'd kill Tatsu.

If only they'd eat Tatsu

I would hope that this means they'd fix the artstyle, but I know they won't. XC2 made a bunch of money by being fucking garbage, so now they're going to make this garbage too. Plus XC2 looked no different in it's first reveal than it did at release, all garbage, all the same, fucking shit shit shit SHIT!

>XC2's environments are disgusting
Imagine being this subhuman and not falling in love with Uraya during the crystal rain weather.

Attached: 1367391965687.jpg (290x288, 34K)

>Can't refute that XC2 and DE characters look out of place with the rest of the game world so resorts to I insults
Gee user, you sure showed me.

Challenger appears

Attached: mfw.jpg (177x313, 25K)

Xenoblade was always an anime game, because monolith likes the anime aesthetic. And every single future monolith game will look like this, because thats what they like.

>There are people in this world that don't want to fuck KOS-MOS
are they gay?

There is no teaching you user, you just have irredeemably dogshit taste. Agree to disagree or whatever.

No dude you don't get it enlightened centralimistim is the true way everything is a compromise having strong opinions is wrong

lol

I liked the Tatsu jokes. Sue me.

Yea Forums is full of newfags who hate anime.

>and most people agree.
step outside of your bubble lad
people love it

Some people are like that, it can't be helped, user

Attached: ED9D-xaVAAItY33.jpg orig.jpg (1280x720, 255K)

>has no arguments so he resorts to ad populum
Jesus, that's sad.

Edgy game

post the ass

can nintendo finally give us some fucking xenoblade switch avatars once this shit releases

I never said it wasn't an anime game, read the thread if you want to argue with me.