What is the Strand-genre?

What is the Strand-genre?

Attached: kojimastrand.jpg (750x906, 342K)

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s0zHdsdaeQ0u
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

it's just Kojima making shit up as he goes

still going to buy it because his games, even if quality of both gameplay and writing varies, are without a doubt very entertaining

Marketing bullshit.

Pretentious walking simulators

There's already a genre for this: walking simulator.

Maybe it's a typo and he meant Stand game like standing around and doing nothing, even less than a walking simulator

Its openworld, hes just being ""autuer"" about it

Strand game = movie/walking-sim game

it's the dark souls of videogame genres t. gaming journo.

It's the first game kojima worked on.
You walk around the world completing the line, and eventually save the daughter of the head of the state (or fail to do so if you didn't followed the pause mechanics)

Attached: peng.jpg (633x463, 62K)

I'll suck Kojima's cock even on a bad day, but this made me kek

Once you realize what strand games are, you will feel ashamed of your words & deeds

kek what a pretentious fag

Shadow of the Colossus

It's gonna be social media applied to game mechanics, Kojima is trying to pull off a Zuckerberg.

lmao

>What is the Strand-genre?
Walking sim.

The japanese don't understand the concept of genre. They think if you can't name a painfully obvious and direct template, then you've created a new genre.

So Walking Sim + Open World = BRAND NEW GENRE

It comes with a usb buttplug that connects to your ps4.
When BTs appear it vibrates vigorously and becomes warm.

t.my dad works at kojima productions

Stand game?
OH MY GOOOD

Attached: 1567407836564.gif (480x270, 1.18M)

A link game or strand game is an interactive experience that allows you to socialize with strangers through a shared experience.

Mutual support to solve various problems in different kinds of environment to generate cooperative teamwork, is a basic feature of strand games.

Kojipro created a game where the only playable class is support.

Attached: 1567519817089.jpg (1035x1064, 544K)

>I want to become a crab

On all levels except physical, I am a crab.

*snibs*

Attached: 1554488440590.jpg (461x394, 67K)

Attached: shitpostlaugh.gif (500x287, 1.76M)

Dark Souls, except with no map design

A shit strand meaning a string of shit.

It’s like a movie game, but instead of using the controller to walk and activate plot advancing events, you use the controller to pause and fast forward the movie

so like a visual novel?

bs that comes out of kojimas mouth

just like that time you were ashamed of your words and deeds

SPBP

>Stand
>Strand
That makes sense actually since he can't speak English properly.

Attached: 1563024396877.png (1024x1024, 169K)

Asynchronous multiplayer.
You know the dozens of games where they have a note or some loot on the ground where someone else died? That's a stranduu and he invented it

Attached: 4L_TvXiiGDv.gif (280x158, 975K)

so action RPG ?

So walking simulators are now known as “strand games”? Uh...okay

you are brain dead

It's German for beach

It's nowhere near as simple as that

Kojima is so pretentious and arrogant it's fucking mind-blowing.

I'm convinced either the game will be a standard stealth/shooter like MGS5 was or it'll be a literal walking simulator and an atrocious game.

So the game’s real name is DEATH STANDING???

It's literally exactly that

if you turn out to be right I will apologize

How can one man cause so much butthurt to a community and still be successful?

Attached: 1554738451590.jpg (1920x1080, 91K)

You are probably right. The strands reek of that shit and Kojima has a big enough ego to genuinely think he invented it.

"openworld" isn't a category of gameplay.

Will Kojimbo make a cameo in Death Stranding? Will he have a sex scene with Norman, Del Toro, and Keanu ?

Attached: 1566967241022.jpg (902x927, 92K)

Why he sucks his dick so hard

Finally
The ruse...
It all truly makes sence

>game has a secret ending
>it's just Kojima sitting on a throne surrounded by celebrities in his underground celebrity sex dungeon

This thing is gonna suck so hard that Kojima will become Romero 2.0

He's actually just attaching a genre name to the kind of multiplayer interaction we're already used to from the souls games and their copies.

Meaning; Drop-in/Drop-out and lateral interaction. Items dropped in one game moving to another, messages written in your game appearing in someone else's.

That's it, those are the strands. He's just trying to name it.

from the guy who thinks he invented a genre called tactical espionage action

Honest question, did Souls really invent the whole concept of "what I do in my game can potentially affect the game of someone else connected online"? Did nobody ever really think of that before Souls?

Except Kojima would be the whore in this scenario. He has been prostituting himself to break into Hollywood for years now.

Good point.

I was looking for this post so I could cringe at it

Did she just eat a small fetus?

How the fuck did jjba become such normalfag trash? You fucks turned it in to the rick and morty of anime

You move around and fuck a lot in visual novel, in Stand game you just stand alone as a popular movie actor and take a piss sometimes
Genius.

Ok this is nice honestly

its a retarded term that will last about as long as transfarring

But walking simulators are already inherently pretentious

>stand game
>it has peeing in it
it's all connected

It's games where the designer didn't know himself what it's about.

it's a bug

Yes I'm sure you know better because you read some out of context journalist headlines

Are we sure support is the only option? What’s stopping all of Yea Forums from intentionally ruining Death Stranding until Kojipro is forced to step in? Let’s make our own faction.

this gook thinks he's the one setting trends, when he spent who knows how long copying trends from the industry in his last games

his pitch for MGS5 was basically "we can make open world games too"

I wouldn't be surprised if players get to join the Homo Demens and compete in some form to unlock a secret ending like MGSV.

kojima is such a fucking pretentious hack
christ

STANDO
ORAORAORAORAORA

stop invoking the name of the son of god in vain PLEASE

Well, that’s exactly what’s happening.
MGSV's nuclear secret and PT's final puzzle are the very barebones demo of the “Strand Game”
They’re forcing us to connect to win, both in and outside of the game.
Are we gonna let Reddit take this? Or are we gonna..
DESTROY
DIE
ATTACK

Its games where if you pick at a single plot thread the entire thing falls apart

What else is there different making it a new genre? Having new gameplay has been done for years by indie devs.

Just wait for yourself and see. This ganreu is realy something best.

How about waiting for the gameplay reveal instead of jumping to conclusions like an impotent child?

We have a precedent to what you mention. The nuclear disarmament event is Kojipro's first approach to the idea of uniting players internationally to achieve a global goal, with a message to think on the limits of "The Long Peace", but also served as a case study to see the behavior of players and the company itself on the idea.

>players organized through platforms to either maintain nuclear weapons, or to join efforts in disarming them.

>code exploiting was a tremendously important component.

>the company never intended to fix any bugs or vulnerabilities that would prevent the original idea of the disarmament campaign from working as it should.

But here comes the funny thing. The number of global nuclear warheads was stored in a variable of the type int32, a type of data that can accommodate a maximum number of "4,294,967,295".

The crackers increased so much the amount of nuclear armament in PC that they generated an overflow of the variable. Once the value of 4,294,967,296 was reached, that region of memory relapsed to 0, which triggered the victory kinomatics for all players.

Basically the crackers involuntarily fulfilled the objective of the activity but turning long in the opposite direction.

If HK and KJP want to "connect people", a Homo campaign would be counterproductive, but is not something I would not enjoy regardless. However, I don't think of it as a real possibility, the creative team really want to take players down a single lane, which would be a "Chaotic Good" way of thinking in order to make people play helping to each other and not killing each other.

The only component I'd really like, and hope for, is that there's some kind of ID that can be shared with other players in the same way that there is in Mario Maker. That way, I would create threads in Yea Forums and could play with user.

Attached: ImAlreadyAHomo.png (436x348, 174K)

WHAT THE FUCK IS HE TALKING ABOUT?
Can this autistic dog muncher fucking learn to speak English? Fucking prick.

Attached: 1567200489212.jpg (728x546, 59K)

There's no pvp buddy. This game is about working together.

yes you are and probably 15 years old

The fact the devs seem really adamant about not showing gameplay is a red flag already. This is the No Man's Sky strategy of talking about how grandiose your game is without being straight to the point about what you really do in it.

How about not making claims before release such as creating a new genre like an impotent child?

eat shit, nigger

This is the same pretentious prick that said, during marketing for MGSV, that his new game was so controversial he'd have to leave the industry if he was called on it.

So what was it? Releasing half finished grindy shitfests?

>lots of people like jojo
>these people also like to make jokes about jojo
I don't see the problem here
"I already made these jokes 10 years ago" doesn't count

Attached: 4L_jSPBcrsR.gif (414x250, 1.9M)

Attached: 1503404361329.gif (220x212, 2.57M)

Same as "open air" games.

>take indirect online ideas from Journey and Souls
>put into your own game
>label it as a new genre

what was her great secret which would make me ashamed etc?

Remember when romero made 50 posts about their upcoming game establishing a new genre called "doom"?

generic action adventure with package carrying minigames

>tfw remember when jojo fans were considered elitist
glad I never got into that shit series

This.
And this.

Basically, if the game fails for some reason (gets bad scores and/or sells bad) Kojimadrones will say ''duuh, it's a new genre, too complex for people to understand it''. And 2 years later the same people will shit on it. We saw this with MGS2, we saw this with MGS4 and we sure as hell saw that with MGS5. Although, in 5's case, it was after a few months, not 2 years.

"strand" is going to be a "game mechanic" in Death Stranding which Kojima talks about as if it was the defining mechanic of his game just cause it's tied to the plot, but it actually won't be defining at all, and he thinks so cause he's an idiot who thinks a plot driven mechanic will define his game despite the other 374 game mechanics in his game being more defining, like it being 3rd person and "open" world.

Think of it like the camouflage and eating food mechanics in MGS3, and imaging that Kojima said "i call it SURVIVAL INFILTRATION and it's going to be a new genre", and in the end MGS3 is still just a 3rd person action stealth game with camouflage and food mechanic which actually come into play 2 or 3 times at best during the whole game.

Or, if it's going to actually define the game(think of the actual hand holding in ICO), it's going to be strictly limited to this one game(and maybe sequels at best) cause it's still tied to the plot, but Kojima is so focused on his own absurd and "intricate" plots that he thinks he's revolutionary(in therms of writing, which he's not) and thinks every other game dev will jump on this plot device from his game on.

I imagine it's going to be a game with multiplayer elements, but where you can't see the other player.
>oh X player burned a tree
>now the tree is burned in the game of some other player as well

yes

Attached: death stranding nigger edition.webm (264x480, 1.67M)

Remember when romero made 50 advertisements about their upcoming game establishing a new genre called "daikatana"?

She's been burned alive and she's been fixed with nanomachines/parasites that allow her to live, but she has to have her skin constantly exposed to the humidity of air cause that's how her skin breaths and is the only way she can stay alive.

There's no such thing. Action/Adventure. That's it.

He certainly didn't end up there by accident. He was trying to steal something.

>Several hours later
Penises, penises everywhere.

That idea were child soldiers and the torture camps with the in the west, but MGSV is unfinished, so those arcs were never made at full potential living just as cinematics and early teasers.

But at the end of the day, I prefer a hack trying to show and tell something with actual meaning in a video game like the nature of war, rather that all the bullshit the industry is trying to choke me with.

Attached: jpg.jpg (690x369, 34K)

Kek not even the sexiest and most sexualized female that year, Beyonetta 2 blew MGSV out of the water when it comes to male gazing.

it's just wait i forgot the name of the game

vocaroo.com/i/s0zHdsdaeQ0u

MGS4 is still good tho

Nah you don't understand. My hypothesis is that Strand games are to games like the fourth dimension is to us three dimensional beings.

Humans are really, REALLY hard to kill.

The problem is that people spam Jojo stuff in places that have nothing to do with Jojo
>screenshot with ghostly figure behind someone
>OH MY GOD IS THAT A FUCKING STAND
It's the same bullshit MLP faggots used to do before they got their own containment board

the fourth dimension is just time bro

>what is nier automata
>what are dark souls crabs

tldl

how is that controversial when child soldiers and torture camps are a real thing?

Games without a strand of good gameplay.

Replying to this guy for attention

Because it's an anime that normal people actually like to watch ala Cowboy Bebop, Samurai Champloo etc.

In a passive manner like world tendency of demons souls? I think so.

The only good thing about MGS series are concept/art book their visual style is based on, but they're not made by Kojimbo.

Attached: sandmaester-3-2.jpg (1024x768, 146K)

>make journey alike multiplayer but with dark souls messages
WOAH BRAVO KOJIMA, YOU INVENTED A NEW VIDEOGAME GENRE!

Well to be fair, you need to be a huge fucking faggot to care.

Stop writing God in lowercase.

Something something she can only breath through her skin so she needs to be near naked

Top kek

Because nobody talks about it in the first place. It is hidden behind the curtain of mass media. When was the last time we heard about Guantanamo Bay or any black site? What about the child soldiers? The last thing I really saw about the subject was fucking Kony 2012 lmao.

Why did he go all around the world when he could’ve just turned right?

>Because nobody talks about it in the first place
So what?
No one talked about companies "brainwashing" the massed by manipulating charts, and no one talks about cold war and the kgb/fbi deals during that time, MGS2 and 3 talked about it and no one screamed "OH NO, TOO CONTROVERSIAL!"

It's like Tales where every title has its own retarded made up rpg genre.

>Game about white fatherly hero reclaiming America as a homeland
>You fucks still don’t like it
Retards

>it's a game with a guy wearing an umbrella and a baby about stranding
>you still don't like it

see the apple tree on the other side of the map? you had to go graba magical apple from it and go back home

The real things are controversial. If you can't see how killing child soldiers in a video game would also be controversial you're a bit retarded.

Yeah. Death Stranding is looking to be the comfiest survival game since Minecraft. I’d love threads for it if they allow us to personally connect.

>This game is about working together.
Unless... you're playing on very easy?

it's also controversial to show kids being tortured, yet it's right there in ground zero

Killing children is also in Rule Of Rose, and no one complained about that yeah, someone complained to the point the game was removed from shelves in EU, but it was about child rape that was not in the game in the first place, not the killing of children

>yfw this shit has been common in japan for two decades, only took this long to reach the west

But now you have to consider that we are in 2019, in a hyper-connected society through the Internet. When MGS2 came out, most houses didn't even have a computer to share experiences and perceptions.

As a detail, some people have uploaded photos of Kojima with Bridge Baby to Facebook mom groups and they go full berserk thinking it's real.
For me personally, the idea of artificial wombs is going to generate a conversation about the limits of transhumanism. Dead Space already mentioned the topic with the idea of clinical laboratories in the Ishimura that cultivated babies in order to obtain stem cells. The idea is really fucked up and the worst thing to do is not to talk about it but that shit is already here. In black private and government projects probably.

Attached: Screenshot from 2019-09-09 12-38-12.png (431x440, 301K)

I'm gonna give Kojimbo the benefit of the doubt and say that they originally intended for the player to be able to kill child soldiers without instant game over, but executive meddling ensured that never happened.

A silent, faulty feeling

The scene where he shots the cage with the children inside is an antecedent to some censoring as you mention. MGSV was already in production problems, imagine if one day HK comes to your office and says

>I want to show dead child soldiers to make people think about the true horrors of war beyond our gameplay simplification on the subject.

Attached: 1565735518782.jpg (620x609, 17K)

penguin adventure was one of the first videogames I ever played, it was hard as fuck
MSX is full of gems

Attached: Knightmare-Logo.jpg (500x342, 65K)

The best part of Dead Space is that the corporate dystopian universe is already horrific even without the space monsters.

he really want to be as prolific as miazaki and have his own "souls like"

strand game=soulslike

Attached: soft.jpg (453x500, 38K)

I just really hate the fact this faggot actually 'creates' his own genre when the soulslike shit from Miazaki was completely made up by the community and people who actually liked the games, I don't think he ever envisioned his type of gameplay for that game series to get so huge.

Attached: 1546295818886.jpg (820x906, 77K)

You quit playing after 10mins. You strand the game

Attached: 1567953065722.jpg (397x494, 36K)

no i'd have strandgle myself if i were to play through this

It increased the moment you fags started getting triggered by it

Your precious Miyazaki didn't make anything prolific buddy it's just an imitation of Monster Hunter

A game where the actions of other players influence your world and vice versa. For example, chirral density (quantity of BTs in an area) may increase if most players decide to kill their enemies instead of running, in this case the area becomes harder for everyone.

He gave a hint to this with the mushroom that appeared when Sam pissed on the ground, he said "if everyone does it on the same spot, we may have something interesting happen"

Attached: 0e9ab523fbecdea357903eb6d984126f.png (650x890, 212K)

Something carefully created to troll the shit out of fat narcistic basement neckbeards thinking they're superior.

"wow this game is a monsterhunterlike"
-no one ever

slow burn kino

+ killed players leave a crater on YOUR map
+ killed players drop their loot or part of it for you to deliver
but will we have influence in 'Hades' or 'the Beach'?

Attached: 1567460025451.gif (500x279, 2.38M)

What's a better game coming out in the next six months?

Based

>anime that normal people actually like to watch
>Samurai Champloo
u wot? Samurai Champloo isn't niche by any means, but it's definitely not normalfag-tier.

so basically an online adventure game with persistent open world

dying light 2?

>what are we working on this sprint kojima san?
>piss mechanic
>multiplayer piss mechanic
>many man piss same spot, easter eggu

>killed players leave a crater on YOUR map
>killed players drop their loot or part of it for you to deliver
It could happen really, but some info got leaked regarding how multiplayer works, and it is said to be asynchronous, so you won't really ever be able to find "another" Sam. But I guess that does not stop the game from saying "someone" dropped this piece of cargo or "someone" triggered a void out on the way to your destination.

>but will we have influence in 'Hades' or 'the Beach'
I think Hades is literally hell (with its own version of never ending wars going on) and the Beach is purgatory, but I am not sure if we will be able to change those. Cliff (Mads Mikkelsen) is probably stuck in Hades for a long time, enough to learn how to survive and control the dead in there.

Attached: Cliff please let me out I need my BB.jpg (640x772, 123K)

Zombie survival game. Real original.

So really just a more expansive World Tendancy? Sounds like it could be interesting

>realize I need to shit as well
>game becomes Death Sitting

Bravo Kojimbo

That is what I think, I mean, things like that have been done before but never to such an extent as to get named a "different genre", but I can see interesting ways in how this can be done. Even Kojima himself did it with the Disarmament ending on MGS V where everyone had to decide to "let go" of nuclear weapons.
>the quantity of resources you find from other players in safe/resting areas depend on how much you have given/shared of your own in the past
>craters may appear in your world depending on how many players failed to escape a BT in a certain area
>BT density in an area may increase depending to the majority of player's actions in said area
>patrolling by mercs and bandits may increase in an area depending on how many "Sams" have been spotted in there worldwide
>a tree with some types of resources may grow if a lot of Sams piss in the same area
There could be much more, but I guess these give an idea.

Attached: catlio.jpg (1323x1323, 212K)

at least we know that it's a parkour game with zombies rather than the pretentious non-answer Gookjima gives whenever people ask what this is about

He's pulling a Sean Murray with this thing

Ok Egojima

Will Death Stranding have Transfarring?

Audibly PBBBBTTTHHHH-ed when I read that. Good shit.

Attached: 9k0mg5yo.jpg (140x147, 10K)

Also, forgot to add, the word "Strand" and the whole spider web theme that BRIDGES has may point to a World Tendancy focus, if an insect drops on the web, it causes weaves that shake the entire thing, some thing for player action.

Kek, pretty much that.

Pretty sure this fungi is amanita muscaria. Portal to the the land of the dead for the old ones. This, along with gold as some powerful element present in cinematics, can give hints about Hades as "just another dimension that can be controlled and colonized by modern human civilization". Chiral network can be about mounting an Internet connection in hell and get profit with it.

Attached: Screenshot from 2019-09-09 13-33-34.png (481x353, 330K)

Go to bed Stevie, you have school tommorow.

movie games already taken?

walking simulator sounds bad so Kojima changed its name
it's like calling feces a turd, same shit

It's like Dark Souls with everyone in different universes but the same world and instead of invasions or co-op you piss on the environment together to build a whole new world together.

Attached: DeathStrandingPosters.jpg (1920x1080, 1.64M)

>Parts 1-6
>normies: haha wtf I don't want to read an old ass manga
>Parts 7-8
>normies: haha wtf why would I read it when there's 6 parts before it? that's too much lmao
>subbed anime shows up on crunchyroll
>normies: I can get into JJBA now

>Game
>implying

>it's just an imitation of Monster Hunter
I don't even know how anyone can consider MH in anyway like the DS series.

its just an excellent bait

nice 7/10

Attached: neat.jpg (640x480, 46K)

Ashamed of your words and deeds, that's what kind of game it is

haha I can smell the pizza pasta.

he wanted to strip the copper wires, but his crack-addled brain doesn't understand electricity.

It is full of trash as well, but if you dig, you find shit on it that is just not anywhere else.

So is Demon's Souls a Strand game? i always thought it was an action game with light RPG elements.

I guess you could call it that but the "Strand" genre is not even defined so I guess those kind of interactions were merely seem as a world tendancy thing. I think Kojima wants to go really deep into it this time, enough for it to deserve being called a new genre.

So it's nothing that hasn't been done before by games like Souls or even Pokemon and it's just like how MGS is a "Tactical Espionage Action" game, huh

A game where there's 30 minutes of cutscenes for every 10 minutes of walking

Kek

Attached: 1558533414149.jpg (478x524, 71K)

What do you expect to the TGS?

Attached: ThisKillsTheHomo.png (549x516, 278K)

The unexpected.

thus the new title.

It's literally the same shit that's always been happening and you're only noticing it now because you're noticing "normalfags" into it on other sites and now you suspect everyone that posts it is one of them because they didn't stop doing it like you.

ACHTSHUALLY that cargo is one he stole from the other guys.

More c-list actors.

Probably a full section of gameplaying including:
>delivering a package
>getting caught by timefall rain
>getting eaten by a BT
>going to Hades and escaping it probably

The new name is pretty pretentious itself.

Attached: raw.gif (498x280, 539K)

so we'll be pulling each other by our strands? sound interesting.

Pull on my strand, user... yeah...

Strand means beach in German so we might get some games that only take places at the beach?

Walking-do-nothing simulator so easy boomer celebrities can beat it.

Attached: 1545512407827.jpg (252x327, 12K)

Kojimbo is so full of shit. I hope this game comes out already so it can bomb hard and expose him as a fraud.

>take gameplay element that already exists and has been in numerous games
>call it a new name, say you invented and it will be innovative
>ends up being a shadow of what it was hyped up to be and more disappointing than expected
Why does Kojima ALWAYS do this?

confirm flop

>brown
looks more like amanita regalis
both have the same stuff in them though

noooooo you can't make a new, kino, game genre!
all games have to be either AHDH shooters, weeb coom material, or kiddie bing bing wahoo because my tiny brain can't comprehend anything deeper or slower than these

Attached: file.png (210x240, 15K)

Nobody cares about Dark Souls, Kojima will take it and reinvent it into something truly worthwhile.

imagine watching english dub jojo

Attached: jotaro.jpg (480x360, 15K)

>AHDH shooters
u wut mate?

All the shit talking is just Yea Forums bracing themselves for when the game is amazing and everyone is talking about it. The obsession is pathologic. I can't wait for the day of release when we'll have the first WHAT WENT WRONG thread, and the catalog will be filled with threads trying to dissuade people from buying it. Kojimbo is here to stay.