First time player. This is a new favorite

First time player. This is a new favorite.

Attached: A Link to the Past.jpg (256x186, 25K)

Other urls found in this thread:

alttpr.com/en
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Bookmark this and check it out after you beat the game

alttpr.com/en

It's a phenomenal game, so good that virtually every major Zelda title from OoT onwards copied it.

You'll probably like Link's Awakening DX too then, if you haven't tried it already.

>switch is unironicly getting zoomers to try older good vidya because they're too lazy or retarded to emulate

nintendo knows whats up

So yeah right now I'm in that dungeon under the statue and am trying to figure out how to rescue the girl. I've been taking her everywhere but I can't seem to figure out what to do next.

take her to the boss room

Why the fuck would I do that? I'm trying to rescue her, not throw her to the wolves.

Epic bait user

Reddit taste

the bossroom is empty the dungeon is obviously abandoned
>dungeon is in town of thieves
>all of worth is already stolen
>thieves mostly have secret escapes
there you go user, a way out

HOLY FUCKING SHIT

It's alright
>Dark World Lost Woods dungeon
Kill me

I prefer link's awakening but this is a damn good one.

Genuinely infuriating place. The novelty of multiple entrances wears off pretty fast after 5 minutes of dealing with infinite Wallmasters.

Real talk does anybody dislike ALTTP? A lot of SNES classics like Mario World, Chrono, DKC heck even Super Metroid get shit on but never this. Doesn't even get shit from zelda fans or snoyfags

It's like the holy grail of vidya in general how did they do it?

It's just one of those rare genuinely 10/10 games. The pacing doesn't let up, it has a ton of extra collectibles and power ups, two worlds to explore, the difficulty progression is handled very well.

Even the story is very well-done for an early Zelda game.

It's because ALttP actually IS what people pretend OoT is (while OoT is mediocre at best)

It's a game that's hard to be contrarian about since the core aspects of the game are what contrarians want compared to other classics
>no waiting
>no convoluted story
>open world, yet with direction and good design
>tedium and backtracking is reduced with creative use of items
>really good dungeon and puzzle design all around
>main gimmick re-invents the world, which is pretty impressive for the time
>good visuals, sound design, and colors
It's close to being one of the most perfect SNES games. Also as time passed comparing Ittp to other zelda titles you come to realize lttp doesn't really fall short and any zelds game afterwards is considered good by how much it can emulate the things that made lttp good

don't forget the music and spritework

I actually prefer Link's Awakening but I will concede ALTTP is objectively the best Zelda game.

it's not. it's the first game I ever beat and one of my favourites but if you think Yea Forums venerates it then you're wrong.
even discounting the contrarians faggots who infest this board, you'll still find people who played the previous 2 zeldas and were disappointed that the series went from true open world to a linear checklist of places to go. there are also people who liked the original zelda's art (at least, in the manual) and were annoyed that ALTTP decided to throw it all out and just start grabbing arabian nights visuals instead. in general, zoomers are a lot less critical of it because their whole frame of reference are the later zelda games that copy the formula of this one. it's already familiar to them.
even when compared to its contemporaries, ALTTP is an all-rounder that isn't really outstanding in any way. it's charm comes from the fact that it doesn't fuck any of it up. beyond oasis has a far more interesting and in-depth combat system but the world is a lot more shallow and the music and story are trash. chrono trigger had a much better story and world but the rpg elements are alienating to a lot of player. zelda fits neatly in the middle.

I actually started on the SNES Classic but didn't finish it because I had to move shit around. Once I finish this playthrough of Super I'm gonna start LTTP again. Good fucking shit.

Good thing is you can do that dungeon at light speed if you know what you're doing. I hate that dungeon but with a sequence break or two you can be done with it in like 5 minutes.

Every dungeon can be done at light speed if you know what you're doing, ALttP is a crazy short game

Just finished that one, it's really not that has since it's relatively compact. The water dungeon was way more annoying with how sprawling it is and all the projectile spamming traps and enemies.

this shit is kinda gay. I understand there's a dopamine hit at the gamble of every check but it's mostly just banging your head against a wall for hours.

In theory I thought I'd like this but I just don't. For every cool fun challenge that you get to do out of order, you have shit like not having to trudge all over the map the whole game looking for the Bow&Arrow because both it and the Pegasus Shoes are gated behind some stupid shit that you haven't found yet.

>you'll still find people who played the previous 2 zeldas and were disappointed that the series went from true open world to a linear checklist of places to go.
For what it's worth, I didn't really notice this when I played it as a kid it wasn't until I revisited both games that I really began to appreciate the original NES Zelda. >ALTTP is an all-rounder that isn't really outstanding in any way
ALTTP actually does a great job at top-down combat relative to similar games, even when you account for some of the overpowered items and overall reduced challenge. It has great attention to detail with movement patterns, weapon attack patterns, and enemy variety.

My biggest gripe with ALTTP is that the world seems too small to me.

I like Alttp but the lack of visual and music variety in dungeons really hurts it when it has so many

I've seen plenty of people shit on it for its visuals and relatively limited movement though that's never bothered me

i got to the dungeon where you have to change the water levels and then i took a break and then never came back to it. enjoyed the game but i fucked up and shouldnt have taken a break.

Cadence of Hyrule exists

nah the problems with ALTTP as I see it are:
- Unbalanced shit (Invis cape, Ether + Hammer)
- Preservation of some NES mechanics like wall-bombing that are no longer compelling (in ALTTP you just look for cracks on the wall and bang your sword to see if you can get through).
- Could have been more open-ended
- World could have been bigger, or at least designed to feel bigger. There are overworld areas you only visit once or twice like the Lost Woods and Hyrule Castle that take up huge chunks of the map. I think if the map (both light and dark) could have been maybe 30% bigger and it would have been cool.

It's the best Zelda and the best before the 3rd person era.

Oot and Twilight princess are legit mediocre.
I went in to play TP a couple months after beating ALttP, and was genuinely disappointed.
I don't get the hype, it's boring and the dog gimmick is retarded.