Want to play some classic games that everyone here considers good

>want to play some classic games that everyone here considers good
>play system shock 2 for 1 hour and drop it
>play arcanum for 1 hour and drop it
>try to get into dwarf fortress for 5 hours and drop it
>play fallout 2 for 2 hours and drop it
>try playing one of the might and magic games and drop it in 15 minutes
REEEE my attention span is too short for those games. How do I stop being a zoomer?

Attached: 1546371343059.jpg (804x802, 85K)

grow hair

Pay attention to things, soak up in the game atmosphere, don't try to force your way through as fast as possible. Use harder difficulties to force yourself into figuring out the mechanics.

Those are all old dadgames that are the antithesis of fun.

play chrono trigger

Sonic 3

None of those are actually that good
Especially DF, toady has no interest in making it a decent game. He just wants a random history generator.

Play fucking Planescape: Torment. Best of isometrical RPGs, much more fun then Fallout any.
t. Zoomer

literallly just keep playing

i give every game I try 10 hours at least, and most games that I want to drop by hour 2 open up and get way more engaging by then

those old games ask a lot of your patience, I wouldn't start with them.

Op here.
Might as well give some of them another try. Thanks.
When it comes to isomatric games the only one I was able to complete was tyranny, probably because I am an edgy boi

try new versions of old styles, something like Divinity, Pillars of Eternity, Wasteland, Tower of Time, Underrail etc. they have a lot of modern comforts that’ll make getting into older more complex games easier to adjust to. You could also just git gud.

This
I stopped playing the original Thief because first two missions kinda sucked ass, but then I had a fucking blast with it and Metal Age.

Attached: we like gears.png (362x863, 104K)

the best way to solve feeling like you don't like any games is to do enough research to know what a game is actually like once it gets going and to be honest with yourself about what kind of games you like

Don't feel like there are games you "should" like just because other people do, there's a reason why different genres of games exist. Just because everyone loves a game doesn't mean you will, and you eventually learn what types of games to skip even if you love the universe or art or whatever.

>actually fell for Yea Forums memes
none of those games are good

What do you even play?

Op here.
I usually play tactics games (Xcom, Valkyria chronicles, darkest dungeon,etc) and rpgs (mass effect, kingdom come, kotor,etc). There are a few ones from different genres like hoi4 or soul claibur 6.

Well, try old tactics and RPGs then. Also boomer shooters are pretty smooth, you can beat them in one sitting.

These games are shit. If you want to play good old games play Squaresoft RPGs.

Zoomer syndrome, born with shit taste by default

Zoomers have much longer attention spans than boomers. Zoomers love battle royales, and you can go for 20 minutes without seeing an enemy in those.

>longer attention spans
>sessional gameplay that's limited to those 20 minutes per game because it forces everyone to move to the center