Be Atlus

>Be Atlus
>You hate PC. Like, you loathe the thing so much you that you take legal action against someone emulated one of your games even when it doesn't benefit you a single bit
>Your parent company is trying to coerce you into porting your games to it so you tell them "okay, I'll test the waters".
>So, you sabotage said water testing by releasing a mediocre port of a seven years old game that is getting an enhanced console port at the same time
>Half of PC buyers won't buy an imperfect port
>The other half will rather wait for a port of the enhanced port
>The port is still functional enough to allow pirates to play
>"told you, Sega; PC gamers don't want our games"

Atlus plays some advanced 4D chess

Attached: atluuuuuus.jpg (1280x720, 35K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/wrvr02SiHY4?t=2242
steamdb.info/app/582010/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

They can just keep making games and I will keep playing their games for free

That's just bozo braindead standard fare Jap shit though
>Let's test the waters with this more niche release in our catalogue
SEE I TOLD YOUUUU

Stop posting the same thread every day.

>mediocre port
OG>FB. Proof that more can sonetimes be less.

you keep changing the words, but i still don't understand what this thread is supposed to mean. are you happy or angry? what side of what are you even on?

Attached: 1536918019319.jpg (1000x786, 81K)

>got the one without the modern-day tranny forced idpol injection
yeah i'm thinking Catherine Classic is the superior to Catherine Full Trannie

but resetera told me catherine is a transphobic game

This. Remember when the future of Dragon Quest getting international releases was supposedly going to rely on the musou and Builders? Also whatever the fuck happened with Yakuza on Wii U apparently killing the chances of the series being on Nintendo platforms.

Rin isn’t a tranny. It’s a male alien cross dressing after losing memories.

Erica is the only trans character and the PC version has her still you retards.

>Rin isn’t a tranny. It’s a male alien cross dressing after losing memories.
Sounds like a tranny to me.

Atlus is worse than Nintendo when it comes to secretiveness and stubbornness.

Back when Catherine Classic released on Steam Yea Forums shat on me relentlessly because I decided to buy it. I wanted to experience the original game (never played Catherine before) but you guys told me that I was a retard and a cuck for not waiting for Full Body.
And now you're saying the opposite?

>Keeps games off PC
>Keeps mainline Persona games off Nintendo consoles
Sounds pretty based to me.

Attached: Lil B.jpg (1280x720, 46K)

Shut the fuck up, cuck.
>traps
>bad
Kill yourself, faggot.

We already have eraMT though, anything ATLUS may release will be inferior gameplaywise

Attached: 1547493778245.png (1200x800, 24K)

We already had this thread, Atlus games don’t belong on PC, stick to Fortnite and MOBAS you disgustingly degenerate third worlder pcmutts.

If you like Atlus games, you’ve played them on consoles, nobody who likes Atlus games gives a flying fuck where they play them, you’re in a cult.

Imagine working at Altus.

>See other devs making money from PC ports
>Sega EU and lots of other people want it to happen
>Sega would probably even handle all the porting work giving you free money
>Boss still says no anyway

Its no so much Atlus as Atlus USA

The people working at the company are literal console fags.
And they are also probably pissed of that that one Steam punk something MMO they released flopped hard.

Attached: 1562699813949.gif (443x309, 1.28M)

I don't get this shit at all. Going by the very definition of the word "tranny" it's a person who is transgendered or transvestite and a person who is a transvestite is a person who crossdresses.

what do you expect

sega's retardness has rubbed off on them

A tranny is someone who identifies as the opposite gender. Like if I’m retarded and think that I’m a girl born in a males body. Or someone that has gone through reconstruction surgery.
Traps are cute feminine boys who know they are boys and identify as boys. Rin identifies as a boy but is cute and doesn’t really understand anything and dressed as a girl because it’s cute.

PC is a dogshit platform for reddit pcmr fags anyway

good for them

How is a trap any different than a transvestite though? The word tranny isn't JUST a transgendered person it's also a transvestite and that's a person who crossdresses. They can still identify as male.

A trap is a tranny he wants to fuck.

Not the guy you were responding to, but almost nobody uses transvestite anymore. For better or worse it's an antiquated term.

>mainline
>Persona

Do you think Atlus' disdain for PC has anything to do with the fact that PC games are generally held to a higher standard of free post-release updates clashing with their love for simply reselling the same games in a Royal Golden Body edition?

I just wish Sega would Bitch slap them into shape.
People are sick of persona milking at this point

Traps only exist in the two-dimensional realm.

More like the whole company is incompetent and mismanaged.
Look what happened with Re;Fantasy and SMTV.

atlus is just retarded
there's a reason why must of us can't play smt nine

Yeah right you fags have been begging for golden for years KEK.

They're just preventing the demon summoning program from being used.
Pretty much.
Aren't those pretty much the result of announcing something that isn't far in development? Not saying that's great considering how square does the same thing and it's terrible, but I'm not too worried there

not to defend it but jap companies are notorious for their "tests" like this

user, RE;Fantasy was announced 3 years ago and Shitlus still has nothing to show from it.

You mean FE Persona and “We don’t care about our core audience anymore”?

not OP, but the sane side, I guess?
or, the consumer side?
I know it blows your mind but you can state an opinion without taking sides in a console/company war like an NPC

Holy cope Batman. You faggots pay for beta access.

Consoles pay to use their own internet connection.

I know

They can just milk dlc expansions and bundles like any other sane person.
Or if they weren't jewish, give a discount for the upgraded versions if you own the original

Attached: 1557292730999.png (273x284, 56K)

No you retard. They just don’t want to make PC games. PC gaming in Japan is not what it is in the west. A lot of people don’t own a computer at all in Japan. Japan is also a cash based society and buying digital games on Steam isn’t exactly easy.

And while some publishers have realized they can make some easy money a “bias” still exists. Plus Atlus doesn’t port outside of PS/Nin very often anyway.

I’m not gonna use cope but y’all PC faggots need to realize that there isn’t some grand conspiracy as the reason you aren’t getting the games and you guys are “too smart” for their tricks. You aren’t getting the games because they don’t want to give you them plain and simple.

No one but a few console autists care about Atlus anyway.

>Japan is also a cash based society and buying digital games on Steam isn’t exactly easy.
youtu.be/wrvr02SiHY4?t=2242

Why do japs still hate PC? Capcom had great success with Resi 7, Dragon's Dogma, Monster Hunter World and DMC5. Yet are still taking ages to port Iceborne. Yakuza sold so well the other games are now potentially coming at launch with PS4 in the west, yet the rest of Sega still hates PC. It's not like it's even hard anymore since the consoles are just PC. Is it just because they don't make PC hardware and gooks hate anything outisde their own sphere still?

Attached: 1446842712196.gif (320x240, 2.64M)

Who the fuck even play FATLUS ""games""? After all these years on this fucking board, it continues to astound me.

Attached: 1558149546600.jpg (818x503, 163K)

>Is it just because they don't make PC hardware and gooks hate anything outisde their own sphere still?
Yes. Nips cater to themselevs first, and PC is near non existant in Japan.

>Yet are still taking ages to port Iceborne.
Sold as much as the ps4 version, fuckers still delay the pc version despite no one bought the damn game on xbone.

>forgets to mention, that despite their milking of their games, Shitlus still doesn't make any profit of it
kek

They picked Catherine because it runs on Gamebryo which can be easily ported by anyone without Atlus being involved at all. Every other game runs on in-house engine, which means Atlus would have to be involved at least in some capacity and they probably couldn't spare any resources due to their ineffectiveness. I imagine the biggest hurdle to overcome is the fact that documentation of their engines is almost 100% Japanese only.

Didn't the Catherine port sell pretty well though?

Don't remind me please, looking at the MHW icon leaves me wanting but I know it ain't coming for months still

Attached: 39486094_p0_master1200.jpg (554x667, 82K)

Dude I’m not watching a 44m video. tl;dr
I still doubt it changes the fact that cash reigns king and currently to get a steam game for a lot of people they need to go to a 7/11/Lawsons and buy virtual currency. Which while not terrible to most people is just another reason it’s not as popular as as console.

>PC is near non existant in Japan
consoles are still dominant but pc gaming much bigger than it's used to be

>It's not like it's even hard anymore since the consoles are just PC
and they still managed to fuck up puyo champions release with game not running on constant 60fps, making the game slower and introducing 'lag' in online play
but it might be fixed now, we just got an update after whooping 4 months

>PC games are generally held to a higher standard

The sane side would be buying a platform that has games you want to play instead of crying on the internet.

>"Everyone's really pleased with it; we're pleased with it, it's performed well and the audience is happy," he says. "I think for us it was always step one. Let's launch Catherine, which then gives the IP owners and business owners at Atlus—who are in their first foray into the PC market—the ability to evaluate the success and how that can fit in for their future road map. I'm pleased to say they now have that information, so they're able to evaluate it. For us it was a positive experience, and hopefully they'll share that and consider it in their own road map."
>“All I can say is that in working with Atlus, we felt incredibly privileged to be able to bring Catherine to PC,” Clark explained. “And we feel more strongly that there was positive feedback from the community, and we hope that there are people at Atlus who take that into account and do see the positivity of that. It hopefully has a positive impact on our titles going forward, but I can't speak on behalf of them. All I can say is, step one was always about getting Catherine onto Steam, and we're so pleased that we had the opportunity with Atlus to be able to do that.”

Attached: ff5pFlZ.png (1080x493, 268K)

>The sane side would be buying a platform that has games you want to play instead of crying on the internet.
But if I only care about 1-2 games from said platform while all the others are playable on PC, that'd hardly be a good investment, wouldn't it be?

more than i thought considering how niche the game is. hopefully atlus aren't retards and port FB too

>Yea Forums is one person
shut up, nigger.

Attached: good boy.jpg (350x350, 16K)

>Yet are still taking ages to port Iceborne.
user... That's obviously on Sony. They even made it so PC version and Xbone version aren't even sold in Japan. Steam version is region locked.

In 2017 Atlus sent DMCA against RPCS3 and said they're aware people want Persona on PC and that they're listening. Sega EU said they want to bring Yakuza and Persona to PC.
In 2018, Atlus JP survey had PC as a platform choice for the first time (you had to write it in in the previous years). Sega also released the first Yakuza game on PC.
In 2019 Sega EU, with Atlus' approval, hired TEA to port Catherine to PC. Atlus JP survey once again had PC as an option. Atlus investor report specifically mentioned PC and Steam. Sega mentioned focusing more on PC and multiplatform releases multiple times over the last few years (big point in their "Road to 2020" initiative). Sega Games investor report also finally confirmed that Atlus is in fact directly under Sega Games JP and not Sega Sammy.

It's coming sooner or later. I'd like it to be the former, but it probably will be the latter. But it's definitely coming.

How would Sony have that vice grip on them? After how well it sold they could easily tell them to fuck off. It also doesn't explain MHW launching vanilla fter 6 months.

>They even made it so PC version and Xbone version aren't even sold in Japan.
Why do you lie?

steamdb.info/app/582010/

Japan is a pretty insular society which in itself isn't bad because they don't really adjust their products for cultures that differ greatly from their own.
Being there I knew one person who played on PC and it was strictly LOL and PUBG. Everybody else was Switch/PS4.

PC used to be big in Japan in the 80s but PC isn't commonplace. iPads and tablets along with smartphones have replaced computers for most people.

It's bigger then it has been since the 80s but it's still very niche. It's only bigger because of Twitch and stuff like PUBG/Fortnite.

>knows nothing about game development
>wahh it's so easy to port this game and they fucked it up!

That would be the right choice then. You shouldn't buy things that you won't get use out of. Same can be said for the opposite as well if the games you play are console games primarily buying a PC would be 3head.

The big hurdle will be porting P5 engine which runs P5, FB and P5R to PC. SMTV should be much easier on the other hand since it runs on UE4 (but that's for 2022 or 2023).
>That would be the right choice then. You shouldn't buy things that you won't get use out of.
Exactly, that's why I'd rather pester companies to release on PC, which, surprise, worked and PC gets pretty much every single game that comes West and isn't first-party. Yakuza on PC was unthinkable a few years ago, now we've got 3 games released in the span of less than one year.

>PC Gaming is/was nonexistant
PC gaming was alive in Japan just that instead of going over to what was known as IBM PC they stuck around with their own closed off platforms such as FM Towns,SHARP X68k,MSX,PC88,98 etc Finally around Windows 7&8 did the japs get their head out of their asses jump onboard Windows. I thnk it has to do with their corporate culture I have seen some of it here at home in some offices, when you got this old guy high up in management who is comfortable using some archaic software nothing will change until he retires.

>3head
I'm out of the loop. What does this mean?

i might know nothing about game development but i know the pc version is (was) garbage
stripped down version of previous game (ppt) should fucking work

This looks right up my alley, but a google search doesn't return anything. Am I just being retarded?

I'd love to see SMTIV and A on PC too, it looks great on Citra, the only problem is the images/text/ui are very low quality because they were meant to be seen on the tiny DS screen

Attached: 1547112338919.png (1600x960, 1.14M)

You are retarded. Plenty of Japanese games do this because it's pointless to spend money on publishing and distribution for platforms that won't sell. They sell maybe 100 Xbox per week in Japan and there's a good chance that most of those are active military and/or exPat.

Ford is a good example of this. They dropped the majority of their car lineup in the states because they don't sell well enough and chose to focus on their best sellers ie. F150/Mustang.

I think you meant to reply to me. But you seem smart enough to realize that not every game is going to do that.

Small brain/retard

That fact wasn't my point. Porting isn't as easy as people think just because Consoles are x86 based.

>FF XV sells 6.5 millions on PS4
>FF XV sells 1 million on PC

I wonder why VII Remake in exclusives to PS4.

Whats weird is while PC gaming was niche and mostly just dojin titles and mmos from the mid 90s up till recently, in the last few years PC gaming is actually really picking up steam again, there is a large growth of PC gamers in Japan in the last few years due in part from Steam.
Atlus will eventually flip to releasing on PC due to the increasing local market, but that will be the ONLY deciding factor for them due to their autism, they won't do it till then regardless of the current western market that wants to buy their product.

>VII Remake in exclusives to PS4.
Timed exclusive
Also XV is fucking garbage. XIV is a better representation of figures.

Maybe 2 years delay has to do something with it...
Plus I personally regret buying it on PS4, it's not a good game.

>VII remake
>exclusive
Sure. And when PC version comes out, 2 years after PS4, you'll complain about it too.

Cucklus is absolutely seething due to all the piracy and virtually all their non-Switch games being playable on PC. It could be avoided with official ports, but they'd rather be victims and cry about it.

VII Remake is Nomura's game and not on Kingdom Hearts released on PC.

it stems from the island mentality that the japanese have. this mentality has good sides and bad sides, this one is clearly among the bad ones.

did you know in P5 you can't record videos, screenshot, or broadcast to Twitch/Youtube all at the same time unless you're in the intro of the game?

Attached: 1558348029636.gif (300x300, 892K)

I don't know how much say Atlus has in this exactly but Atlus are fine with people emulating Dx2

And in Japan it's like 4-1 or 6-1 in favor of the PS4 for XIV.

VII isnt ps4 exclusive at all its episodic and ps5 is coming next year, chapter 1 will be ps4 exclusive
ps5 will be released by the time chapter 2 is releasing so its gonna be on ps5 instead and chapter 1 will probably also be ported to ps5 at some point

I imagine a pc version will release either at the same time as the ps5 versions or a year or 2 after the full experience is complete
its obvious they're going for a rockstar styled double dip, although the greediest release strategy and the one I expect most is
Chapter 1 - ps4
Chapter 2 - ps5
Chapter 3 - ps5
then a year or 2 later later
Full game collection - ps5, xbox, pc
that way they get everyone to double dip, because if you want chapter 1 on ps5 you have to buy the collection

>Chapter 2 - ps5
PS7 will come out by the time they'll finish chapter 2.

That's after a 2 year delay. Plus it's obvious not every game is going to sell as much on PC as on consoles. The point is, it's still going to sell and almost in every case at the very least amortize the porting costs.
>But you seem smart enough to realize that not every game is going to do that.
Atlus is pretty much the last third party developer left to get on the PC train.

Atlus don't have anything to do with Dx2 though, excluding demon designs. Whole project was made solely by Sega

They still haven't removed that? Fucking retards.

Catherine: Full Body also has all of that blocked during the new route

I decided to play that smt game with post apocalypse and the kids roaming around but the battle system was shallow af. It's literally just match the colors and train a broad set of attributes so you are prepared for all the bullshit that comes next.

I mean I liked devil survivor and persona 3. Really expected more from a ps2 smt game. Maybe nocturne is better...

>game sells like shit after people found out how bad it is

I am more shocked at the fact that this soulless turd sold even a million on PC.

>you can state an opinion without taking sides in a console/company war like an NPC
making the same shitty thread every day is not just stating an opinion like a sane person

You realise Persona is just a SMT spin off right?

They dont hate pc. They just cant be bothered with optimizing their games for pc.
There arent enough pc market in nippon

2d games can be easily modded

That's why I eventually caved in and bought N2DS XL. I'm confident in Atlus' PS games coming to PC eventually, but I feel like 3DS games are a lost cause at least for a very long time. I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't even have high res 2D assets for those games, knowing Atlus and their incompetence.

When are they gonna put Etrian on a not-dead console?

Attached: 61pRU2iCE6L._SX342_.jpg (342x313, 40K)

They already announced a new Switch title long time ago, but it's Atlus so it's probably still at least 2 years away.

I knew those were too nice to be made by Altus
t this point I’m certain regular Sonic team could make a better SMT game

i'm pretty sure every demon in IV and A has a much higher quality version, especially since a lot of the demons are just using artwork from over a decade or more ago.

Attached: 1564097110888.jpg (1228x1520, 1.7M)

>switch
why
i don't want this retarded "handheld" tablet

Out of all Atlus series, EO was the only one that didn't have platform options in JP and USA surveys, so you can safely assume it will stay on whatever platform they decide to release it on, which probably means Nintendo handhelds.

>that shitty scan
now i know why it's pixelated

Japan is adopting digital qr code based wallets like the rest of asia -for trains and such, i expect digital to skyrocket once they get integrated properly

> sane
your very unsubtly belligerent post belies that notion.

Nigga shut up, I can buy a steam guy via the convenience store. Buying digital games is so easy, there is fucking codes for 3ds and switch games in the conbini to. Fucking fags never even been to the country