Why do people suck this game's cock like it's amazing? The only amazing part is the music

Why do people suck this game's cock like it's amazing? The only amazing part is the music

Attached: header[1].jpg (460x215, 8K)

babbys first deconstruction

It's an actual example of an overrated game that's good. Most good games don't get delivered to the Pope. I can't blame the creator, Toby thinks MatPat is a retard anyway.

It also has better writing than in any AAA game of the last 15 years.

I liked it. I enjoyed my time playing it. Nothing else really matters to me.

you forgot the objectively better game that it so desperately tries to copy, mother 3

No, its a ripoff of moon

Music isn't amazing, it has two good (not amazing) songs and that's it

The game is amazing. Just cause you can't enjoy anything doesn't mean the praise isn't well deserved.

>The only amazing part is the music
Even then it's just the same leitmotif in different tempos, dressings, and keys.

Because most people disagree with your assertion.

It's fun

I've learned to only browse threads when Im dead tired and have no will to argue.
Undertale is a good game, has good music too. Very culturally significant, even if that statement makes you cringe for some dumb reason

How is this a bad thing?

I'm not saying it is. However, the music isn't amazing. It's just mutations of a single iteration.
Undertale was a solid game, but it's not amazing or genre-breaking, -defying, or any of the other praises heaped on it by people who forgot that this stuff was all done more than 20 years before.

>Mutations of a single iteration
You know this game offers more than one leitmotif right? Literally every character has their own tune

Reddit pls go

And each character, besides side one-off characters that are pretty much crowdfunding awards, is just a mutation of that leitmotif.
A good example is the fact that Spider Dance is one of the better tracks in the game, primarily because it doesn't follow the usual and is actually composed around the feeling that it should give, that sort of web-like bungie bounciness with a folk dance feeling.

Again, you're wrong, the character themes in this game are all unique, its the main themes that share leitmotifs.

Give your critiscisms but at least look shit up, goddamn, I havent played the game since Halloween of 2017 and I still remember this stuff

No competition.
It's contemporary-fantasy, dialogue driven and has gameplay. There are no games that compete with it. None have even tried, it filled the same niche that YA novels and webcomics have been filling forever.

Make your contemporary-fantasy YA game, anons, and it will blow up. Movies, comics, novels, they've had this shit figured out for two fucking decades.

Pic unrelated.

Attached: eat up sunshine.jpg (720x814, 69K)

Dragon Quest?

How does one let their feet get like that?

I’m playing it right now, and it’s actually pretty good. Has a charm about it too. I like not just the music, but the characters and how alive the combat system is. And I originally thought I’d regret buying it.

probably the peeling after a bad burn

>It's contemporary
Not that you would know that until the very end of the game.

I just started playing it for the first time and I'm enjoying it so far, just got out of the ruins.

Because the MC wearing modern clothing is....................................................................................................
I can't even think of a reason for why that would be the case in anything but a contemporary setting.

Not even that. It's definitely the best part of the game but that doesn't say much.

A (bad) story that attempts to guilt-trip you, cringeworthy dialogues, godawful character design, bland gameplay. Piece of overrated RPG maker flaming garbage if I've ever seen one. Maybe it just brainwashes people under a certain IQ or it's a dogwhistle for furries and faggots and faggot furries, those are the only reasonable explanations I can find for its popularity. Played a genocide run just to vent my rage at buying this shit, deleted it and never looked back.

Looks like he's trying to remove his callus

There are lots of mentally ill retards who love this pesudo subversive garbage. See the DDLC general.

combat system was cool, even better in deltarune. music is great. story and characters are decent, either laughably bad or actually really well written, reminds me of the first few seasons of spongebob. overall a really good game sure its overrated and the memes get annoying but if you go around hating everything just because of the retards that like it youre gunna have a bad time

How bout napstablook theme ? Not so unique

I mean, I liked them in the moment but they didn't hold up well to reasoned critique. And that's the thing. That's why they're popular. Once you take a step back from experiencing the narrative to examining it, it falls apart. It's cheap entertainment. Nothing wrong with that, but it isn't visionary. Sure, some things "work" at a deeper level when you examine them, but all-too-often that's the player injecting the meaning where originally the decision was made based on:
>How will this make someone feel in the moment until the next feel moment?

>no one posted the "The whole thing falls apart under the slightest scrutiny." pasta yet
I'm disappointed in you anons

I'm more disappointed in you for being disappointed that people aren't just copying old opinions.

Attached: 1545556784557.png (944x499, 270K)

>opinions
Nigger, are you serious

"Contemporary", user.

Although Persona 3-5 is technically competition (Earthbound itself isn't really dialogue-driven. Neither is DQ.). Which just reinforces the point that the YA model of escapist fantasy for younger teenagers is some fucking moolah just waiting for people to capitalize on it.

Literally

Pretty flimsy evidence if you ask me considering that combo of clothing has existed for some time.

>Toby thinks MatPat is a retard
Is this from when he debunked the "Sans is Ness" travesty?

But Spider Dance shares leitmotif with napstablook

The earliest t-shirt was like 1898, and they only picked up in use post 1913.

The world of monsters is pretty contemporary as well. They've got modern houses, fast food chains, cellphones, and even a robot.
The only non-contemporary things are the melee weapons instead of guns and the fact that they're a monarchy.

The intro literally says the year is 201X
Why do people who didn't play the game bitch so much about it

A market starved for deconstructive JRPGs a la the Mother series got a new game and it's even less of a JRPG than Earthbound, add Wes Anderson quirk visuals and a self-aware story to make up for having to write an actual story, and you have an army of 20 year old braindead non-gamers defending it.
None of its serious fans even like video games, kek.

Game actually would've been amazing if it had fucking Hard Mode. The mechanics are fine, they just needed actual use put to them.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GENOCIDE MADE FUN OF MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Attached: 1519658981290.png (625x773, 143K)

Stop pretending this is what people have an issue with. It's impossible to do genocide accidentally, if you play it like a "normal" RPG and just kill everything in your way you'll probably end up on a murdery neutral route.
To get genocide you need to grind out each area until there's nobody left and you won't do that without specifically wanting to.

Because Undertale fans are literal retards who have quite literally never played a game before.

Attached: This is what Undertale fans actually believe.png (800x416, 96K)

>Stop pretending this is what people have an issue with.
Have you not seen the shit Yea Forums complains about?
A staggering amount of people here view Genocide as a personal attack on them instead of a typical villain route power fantasy
If they complained about how much of a grindfest if was, I'd have no problem

Attached: 1546916006255.gif (83x130, 3K)

Looks like some acid peel or something its fucking weird

Because those people have never played the game and are false flagging or just shitposting.

Attached: 10d.jpg (875x689, 93K)

Because it’s amazing

Can I get a summary on that? What was "misleading" and is toby just mad that matpat didn't give him even more free promotion?

Considering how many people I've seen, I'm hazarding a guess that a portion of them are 100% serious
Seeing as how Yea Forums has a track record of complaining about the most haphazard shit instead of actual problems in games, it wouldn't surprise me

>is toby just mad that matpat didn't give him even more free promotion?

It has soul.

kemoshota

Attached: asrielbeans.png (811x1202, 296K)

He used Undertale to clickbait a non Undertale game if that makes sense. He then didn't have reference the game he was making content out of properly.

>what was misleading
matpat was streaming this rpg and titled the stream "THE NEXT UNDERTALE??" with sans in the thumbnail, even tho the game had nothing to do with undertale
>is toby mad
no, he's talking about how matpat didnt link the game he was playing

This game appeals to people who don't play video games regularly / enjoy reading / are female or easily influenced children who saw memes. It's just a glorified VN and it got huge because said people started talking about it on social media.
>be girl
>play basic ass RPG maker game you saw on twitter, it's said to be as engaging as a book
>have to do some flash games tier actions between huge chunks of story that try to give you some emotions
>mini games gets harder
>feel hardcore for beating it
>unite with all the other female to say this only game they played in 10 years is the best video game ever
>there are so many of them we can't pretend they don't exist and we just have to accept Toby fox won, not because his game was good, he was just the businessman of the decade

Because undertrannies have no taste

Because it' fun.

my feet looked liked that randomly a few days ago. it was weird. my feet are cracked and dried, but then overnight all the skin just shed off like a snake.

Yeah, that seems like a dick move. I don't really follow matpat aside from his vids on youtube algorithms so I had no idea.

TL;DR Undertale’s autistic fan base will believe anything

>This game appeals to people who don't play video games regularly
>or easily influenced children who saw memes.
So it's a perfect fit for Yea Forums

Attached: 1561158587541.png (720x720, 897K)

The only great song is Hopes and Dreams, the rest are mediocre at best

Absolutely seething.

I think Toby’s opinion was more shaped by how MatPat didn’t credit an artist (or something along those lines, i cant remember), and when called out for it, MatPat didn’t apologize.

Why are you replying to me ? Seems like something women would do.

Attached: 1512334006849.png (928x960, 311K)