Oblivion has more /soul/ than morrowind

Oblivion has more /soul/ than morrowind.

Attached: 41221231.jpg (1792x768, 674K)

Morrowind is older than OP

oblivion is trash

The Shivering Isles is nice this time of year.

Attached: 20190909051936_1.jpg (1920x1080, 421K)

Attached: 1559492356502.jpg (2460x2240, 1.23M)

>Welcome to the roleplaying game. You find yourself in prison, a lowly [insert race/class here] down on his luck. Who knows what this world could bring?
>5 minutes later
>THE EMPEROR HAS SEEN YOU IN HIS PROPHETIC VISIONS AND YOU ARE NOW THA MESSIAH
>KEEP ARMS AND LEGS INSIDE THE VEHICLE AT ALL TIMES
>NEXT STOP, YOUR FIRST HEROIC DEED OF SAVING A CITY DESPITE NOT BEING ABLE TO HANDLE MORE THAN 2 MUDCRABS

I literally have to do my best to seperate the opening sequence from my character in order to feel the role that I choose. That is just bad writing and it severely damages the soul of the game. The story lacks suspense and the feeling of being small and insignificant that is the base of sandbox RPing.

Skyrim has more /soul/ than oblivion.

Attached: SK-Lund's Hut.jpg (1920x1080, 185K)

Just install the alternative start mod and ignore the main quest.

Yea, start is stupid, but i really enjoy how Martin is actually the chosen one, and you are just his right hand.

>wet fart looking spells
>soul

Oblivion is a lost opportunity.
There is so much wrong with it. Shivering Isles was sorta impressive and well designed but the fucking base game couldn't be more shallow and barren.

I'm trying to think of adjectives to throw over Morrowind but I just can't decide on which ones. This is truly my favorite game.

Attached: 1481534717508.jpg (750x993, 91K)

>be Akatosh's lackey
>die like an idiot just so the bad red demon man stomps destroying the city
>turns out Akatosh is also just a wyvern and not a dragon

great job, bethesda.

*Stops

because they put in more realism, suspense and "darkness" when it comes to NPC motives. Oblivion is incredibly superficial in terms of how it simulates human interaction. Oblivion conversations are still the laughing stock of in the whole gaming world.

Daggerfall>Skyrim>Oblivion>Morrowind>Redguard>Not playing vidya>Battlespire>Arena

Attached: handsome-asian-person-is-pointing-a-finger-and-blowing-a-whistle-on-white-background.jpg (1300x866, 78K)

>Skyrim over Oblivion and Morrorwind
why

Stop Right There Criminal Scum,

My name is Imperial Guard, and I hate every single one of you. All of you are low-endurance, low-intelligence troublemakers who spend every second of your day looking for laws to break. You are everything bad in Tamriel. Honestly, have any of you ever bought something? I mean, I guess it's fun stealing shopkeepers' property because of your low score in mercantile, but you all take to a whole new level. This is even worse than pickpocketing wandering traders when no guards are around.

Don't be a criminal. Dont just hit anyone within eyesight. I'm pretty much perfect. I was captain of the running team, and starter on my shouting team. What sports do you play, other than "commit senseless acts of violence and theft against those who cannot defend themselves"? I also have full Imperial Armor, and have arrested the hero many times (She just paid the fine; Shit was SO gold). You are all criminals who should just resist arrest. Thanks for listening.

Pic Related: It's me apprehending a criminal.

Attached: Imperialcash.jpg (242x251, 17K)

Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim are unironically all great but flawed games. Haven't played the others though but might try Daggerfall unity when it releases.

Attached: progression.png (508x929, 77K)

You look like someone who's comfortable in heavy armor.

But Daggerfall is the most soulless of them all.

Attached: daggerfall.png (1179x525, 64K)

Attached: 1506973370663.png (711x753, 31K)

Attached: 1558445160093.jpg (1199x899, 161K)

Nah these images were cooler

Attached: 27F9CBA7-0E2B-4FC2-B2AD-64613A7FF337.jpg (1024x964, 259K)

Attached: 1559321325628.jpg (1920x2144, 540K)

>muh hundred spell effects
90% of it is boring garbage, so pointless
>LOOK BRUH I CAN MAKE MYSELF JUMP HIGHER
okay?
and how would that be any useful in skyrim's world?
on top of creating yet another way for the engine to shit the bed, mind you

>diseases
how are diseases even a fun mechanic?
they're just a bother, something that makes you waste your time and doesn't bring anything tangible to the table

>people in largest city
>comparing a game filled with voiceless NPCs to games with obligatory voice actors
?
there are 946 NPCs in oblivion (+ shivering isles), all are voiced of course, and 1104 NPCs in skyrim (+ dragonborn DLC)
not sure what that pic is trying to prove there?
that the imperial city, the capital of the empire, has more people in it than the shitty villages of barbarian nords?

>weapon types
well you're right about that, but again most of the weapons in morrowind play and feel the same way, the only difference between said weapons being the model displayed on the side of your screen and how fast you can click to make them attack
I'll take skyrim's combat (or oblivion's), even if it's definitely lacking, over morrowind's any fucking day of the week, even if it's lacking a lot of variety when it comes to weapons

I'll give you the rest tho

Attached: 49042-1544892792-1278317892.jpg (1680x1050, 1.56M)