Make new IP

>make new IP
>put the name of a preexisting IP on it

Attached: resident-evil-7-biohazard-i34292.jpg (400x600, 101K)

Roblox awaits.

>inb4 capcom drones try to claim this walking simulator with CoD sprinkled in is a "return to form" for RE

is 7 worth playing after you've experienced RE2make? how disappointed will I be

it's pretty well regarded as a game but it has barely anything to do with resident evil at all.

I don't follow this series very closely, did RE2:Make take any deliberate steps to tie-in with 7? I realize it takes place way before.

Gameplay wise it very much felt like RE to me, just in first person.

For a little while.
Then in turns into an fps

Attached: origins.png (348x434, 423K)

Yeah, that's when it starts to fall apart a bit.
First half of the game is glorious though.

Sure was crazy when they did that with RE4/5/6, right?

Why do people dislike the ship section? I'll agree RE7 had moments where it was shifting along nicely and came to a few halts, but I thought the ship was fine. The parts with Marguerite were the worst and she wasn't on the ship level.

>all the best Resident Evil games basically ignore the canon and pre-established story
Why is this?

Because it's usually at the point where the franchise needs some changes to be fresh and interesting again.

Because RE lore is retarded.

I never really got that feeling. The action bits were so fleeting IMO. I thought most of the ship was a pleasant reset of sorts aside from the bottom floor, where it then turns into an action game for 2 small rooms and a hallway. I didn't think it was any worse than the second floor of the old house. As for the mines, you can just run past 80-90% of the shit down there and be done with it in probably less than 10 minutes. Honestly, I thought the action vibe peaked in the testing area, with the birthday puzzle acting as a reprieve sandwiched between a miniboss and a small gauntlet leading to the boathouse, which holds the boss fight with arguably the purest emphasis on combat in the entire game. Mines would be worse if, again, you couldn't just run past the bulk of it.

I adored RE7 and I have played all the mainline games and a couple spin-offs.

It reminded me a lot of Metroid Prime and how the devs took a classic formula and recontextualized it.

I don't get it myself. I thought looking for the elevator parts was a straight up classic RE style throwback, down to the nonlinear exploration and multiple floors.

I played through the entire series leading up to this game's release and I honestly think 7 might've had the best story in the mainline games. I really fucking loved the twist and tragedy behind the new BOW, and it was genius to frame it all with this bayou family thing.

Gameplay wise the game was a very simplified "traditional" RE experience and a sequel could really expand on that. But let me tell you, playing this in VR was the single best gaming experience i've had this console generation. They fucking nailed it and it completely negated me caring about the limited enemy variety because fuck you i'm leon now (i know the protag was a new character but you get what i mean)

I'm glad to see someone finally agree with me. Ship was one of the most memorable parts of the game. I forgot about the mines until someone in this thread mentioned it.

Indeed Resident Evil 6 was the last Resident Evil.

Attached: Resi4-gc-cover.jpg (265x375, 25K)

>did RE2:Make take any deliberate steps to tie-in with 7?
No. 7 for the most part stands alone from the rest of the series.

Pic unrelated.

retard

Attached: 1550551116881.jpg (800x1296, 193K)

hate that 99% of horror games do this. they can be great for the first halfish but then everything is familiar and its just another shitty shooter with some puzzles

only game worse was skyward sword

Because you have to repeat that section. It's a slog, and it's not visually interesting.

RE4 did the same thing

Also VR took RE7 from a 7/10 to a 9/10, fite me

>get to the house with the wasp nests
>never pick the game up again

Remake 2 is dogshit compared to Resident Evil 7 lol. RE7 is by far the better game.
The best version of the game is PC

Resident Evil was supposed to be a FPS before they decided to ripoff Alone in the Dark. If anything RE7 is the true Resident Evil.

It’s my favorite RE game besides 4 though the final third is pretty bad
If 8 keeps the first person camera and maintains the quality pacing and level design of the Baker house until the end it would be the GOAT Resident Evil

>tfw you realize that RE lore has never been the same after developers had no choice but to scrap RE 3.5 and go with RE4, leaving from the survival horror genre and into parasites and goo people

Attached: 1550317770868.jpg (200x200, 8K)

>caring about lore
>in a Resident Evil game
ISHYGDDT

Attached: 50173049-528C-4CA4-8DB4-176428E5677B.jpg (422x591, 27K)

Nowadays? Of course not.
Back then? You sure bet I did. Where's the fun otherwise?

>have movie
>40 years later make a sequel to it
>Title 2? no
>Title II? no
>Title Part 2/II? no
>Title? perfect
how the fuck are you going to have a movie and its direct sequel have the same fucking name

Attached: Screen-Shot-2018-11-09-at-1.35.39-AM.png (868x483, 548K)

not him but yes, he is correct. Have you met actual RE fans?

>make games with a specific PoV
>say after decades that it was originally intended with another PoV to market your game better to a new generation of customers
>this instantly means that all previous games are not true parts of the entire series

The only good thing about RE has always been the gameplay, with story as a campy addendum.

I sort of enjoyed 7 but it really was just a VR gimmick.

It was always campy horror with bad scripts and even worse voice acting not meant to be taken too seriously
It’s like trying to analyze the lore of the Evil Dead movies

It's not a new IP, it's a small story within a larger IP. It shouldn't have been called 7 but it definitely fits within the RE world.

couldn't do horror movies until my 20s, and I still can't do horror games. they're too intense

You could have just said "no i am not really a big fan of RE"

Fair.
But it had its fun to deal with scientific horror scenarios with a lot of atmosphere and nefarious backgrounds.

For example Spencer. What RE5 did to him was travesty and a spit to his character. While I don't find it unlikely for him to have gone out this way (even ironic since he wanted to be a god), it was lame af. This is the architect of every single shit that happens in the game. And you off him like that? And in a flashback?
Fuck this.

RE 3.5 would end his storyline with him as the final boss/villain, exploring his castle and the "origins of the Progenitor Virus" as Leon. That would be a kino ending.

Attached: Map.jpg (1130x1291, 236K)

Yahtzee and AVGN both have made this point, it’s gonna be really confusing for future generations.

>make game with shitty PoV due to technical limitation
>change PoV because they aren't using a shitty ps1 anymore
>Yea Forums autists cry about it

RE1 was an FPS originally until Mikami and co. changed it to fixed camera angles to look as security cameras inside the mansion.
they were inspired by japanese and us horror and action novies.

Wrong. It's the psvr version

I'm not, I'm only a fan of things that are really good in totality. Resident Evil has really good aspects to it, but not the story

RE1 is a ripoff of Alone in the Dark, even Mikami admits it.

It is.

If you take out the first person, it would literally be your standard RE affair. I dont know why you all think other wise.

considering CoD invented first person and they only put it in because of how popular those games are, it is a completely different game now

All jap games have over the top retarded stories. Still fun though.

The only thing I don't like about the boat is how relatively sterile and dull the environment is compared to the Baker estate, and that Evelyn isn't nearly as interesting a villain as the other three. And the long action section that gets slotted into the middle of it feels weird from a pacing POV. The actual content of it is fine.

Japanese games are always ripoffs of superior western games at the time, I thought that was well-known by now

This. The fact that nobody seems to give a shit anymore about the lore is indicative that maybe they should pull the plug to this thing after RE3 remake (if they make it).
I mean what's the point?
>The series is no longer survival horror
>Albert is dead
>Spencer is dead
>Marcus is dead
>Alex is dead.

Wesker is alive user, RE5 one was Rogue Clone.

You sure it wasn't a hologram?

>try to look up information or mods or anything about the original RE
>impossible and the only things that show up is REmake shit

High tier bait.

RE7 VR is a very good game that still feels like Resident Evil.
Hopefully RE8 continues this style.

Same user, largely because pic related fucked me up as a kid when my brother forced me to watch him play RE3, though nowadays I adore horror in general. Still can't handle too much gore but it's become my go to genre for movies and books at this point. On my second run of RE2 remake and Mr. X is making it a mess for me because I wasn't expecting him to pop up so soon.

Attached: neme.jpg (1920x1441, 1.23M)

>Biohazard 7: Resident evil
>game has a biohazard outbreak and is in a residence with evil
>New IP
I can tell you havent played it. Its one of the most resident evil games in the series in a long time.

The enemies should have been zombies instead of goo

>he thinks wesker is dead

Eveline is one of the worst villains in the series.

As much as I hate that we lost out on the original RE4 I do feel like the series benefited in the long run from reinventing itself. The mid-2000's to the early 2010's saw a major drop off in the popularity and viability of the traditional Japanese survival horror game and without a major shot in the arm RE was damned to fall into the same pit as its peers like Silent Hill. Some might argue that it was better off dead but the more action oriented titles kept the series fresh in the mainstream and allowed for a demand to build over a more traditional experience, and we're seeing that pay off now with a de-emphasis on action and a larger focus on atmosphere and vulnerability in RE7 and REmake 2.

She’s okay, I like how they tried to make her a little sympathetic but then they turned her into an old woman and we just kill her
The Bakers make up for her shortcomings

Bioshock Infinite is the worst example of this.

I could wholeheartedly agree with you user, if the story hadn't be reduced to the clusterfuck that is today with every major antagonistic force killed or destroyed.
The series would have to do a MAD re-invention of itself, effectively making a quasi-reboot of the series, to bring back the charm it had once. How can you replace the Umbrella Corporation? How can you replace Wesker? How can you replace Nemesis?
See what I mean?

Why do you think that REmake 2 was so successful? It was successful because it tapped to that very charm and nostalgia that the series had in its peak.

>Grounded in viruses and conspiracies
>new IP
Next thing you're going to claim is that RE4-RE6 is a new IP.

Attached: firefox_2019-09-09_10-23-11.jpg (221x318, 64K)

What a fucking autistic mouthbreather statement once again. Are you fucking retarded? Did you even realize that RE1 and 2 also had "nothing to do with resident evil" on the basis that the series only started wanking over its own continuity by the third game? The only, ONLY thing that gives any credence to debating whether or not RE7 has something to do with "resident evil" is the fact that the game outright refused to put zombies into the game or anything even resembling them, just weird BOW mutants and the bakers. Id say its the biggest mistake in the game and if all of the molded were replaced by REmake 2 zombies with a couple of new enemy types sprinkled in the game would already get ranked much higher by everyone

You're not wrong, the series definitely feels aimless now with the early 2010's being a random mishmash anti-bioterrorism plots. I feel like Capcom realizes that though, since RE7's ending points at warring Umbrella remnants. The problem right now is that we're one real game into the latest reinvention so there's no real telling where the plot could go next or if they'll even stick with that.

>make new IP
>put the name of a preexisting IP on it
>3x more revenue
Blame gamers.

Attached: 220px-Super_Mario_Bros_2.jpg (220x309, 32K)

RE7 is definitely a Resident Evil game some people just sperg out over the new camera and a little bit of action(much less than 4-6)
Here’s a real example

Attached: 9B3E248D-4361-4818-A899-402C64E0513B.jpg (333x500, 36K)

explain

>Slowly paced scary monsters in a mansion with stationary cameras and tank controls and puzzles
*Sip* yup this is real Resident Evil
>Slowly paced scary monsters in a mansion with first person cameras and tank controls and puzzles
*Sighs* Now, this is soulless trash

>Resident evil has become an action series by gawd. Old resident evil didn't have any michael bay shit. REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.
>Ignores that the final boss of Resident Evil 1 is military personell with a gigantic rocket launcher fighting an 8 foot tall superhuman dashing around with a giant arm knife while a helicopter spins above
>Ignores that RE2 is a scifi action game for the entire second half where you fight giant animals and a gigantic mutated super-monster flying around with blades
>Ignores that RE3's literal namesake monster is an 8 foot tall superhuman with a fucking gatling gun and a rocket launcher dressed up like it's the matrix
Fucking stupid boomers
RE4 is king

Based

RE4 is less action-y than RE3 for at least the first 2 sections of the game, before the Island
Based Zoomer speaking the truth

Basedt

>rehash bad
>changing things up bad

Attached: faggotOP.png (645x729, 151K)

What? Bioshock was just a casualized Bioshock (which in turn was a casualized System Shock II)

Not him but im pretty sure the point was that bioshock infinite has nothing to do with bioshock which was a pseudo horror "immersive sim" (not actually) in an underwater city. Infinite has literally nothing to do with bioshock stylistically

I'm amazed. I actually agree with OP for once on this board.

Except it does, it has the same magic powers with a little twist to each, an upgrade system that is simpler but obviously descends from the same notions.

Or the issue is that it's in the sky city? That's pretty much the good thing about the game, that it didn't rehash Rapture yet again.

Bioshock 2 was a much better game than Infinite
The setting isn’t the problem the retarded story, worse level design, lack of meaningful player choice, streamlined combat, and only letting you carry two guns at a time are the problems

Attached: bideo gaem.jpg (639x361, 41K)

This is solid bait, but reaches just a bit too far. Good try tho!

>be brainlet
>make a thread
Everytime.