Went to a Gamestop for the first time in almost a decade and noticed that they turned into a fucking toy store...

Went to a Gamestop for the first time in almost a decade and noticed that they turned into a fucking toy store. When did this happen and is it actually profitable for them?

Attached: B8754F49-F87D-4020-AB8A-A710A5FD5F32.jpg (2268x4032, 717K)

>implying video games aren't toys

I wish I could round up people who like funko pop into a camp

Around 2014 during the rise of capeshit. Hot Topic is like this to now.

I have 2 POP! figures that I have received as gifts. One of them is William Riker from Star Trek, and the other is a little tiny Sagat from Street Fighter that was in a POP! miniature figure blind bag. Thank you for reading my blog, and don't forget to follow so you will be notified when I post.

GameStop is dying and they’re desperately trying to broaden their demographic to bring in customers.

Have they considered just selling games with good service and not selling opened, often used games as "brand new"? Perhaps not trying to shill multiple subscriptions and other garbage at me when I try to buy something?

Is Disney okay with Funko Pop making a Niggy Mouse?

Looks like he's wearing a retard bike helmet. Fitting.

I have 2 as well that I've received as gifts. Scorpion from Mortal Kombat and Cammy from Street Fighter.

Fuck Pops and fuck Mortal Kombat, need to bin these things.

Then what would you do to them? If they were just rounded up into a camp they'd probably start talking about Baby Groot and Minions

Nobody is going to drive to a store to buy a video game when they can just click a button and have it instantly, or get it delivered to their door on release day if they really want a physical copy.

Nope

It isn't. They are closing most of their stores.

Imagine Mickey on a PUBG stream

Nothing wrong with Funko Pops. I have a few.

Attached: 1544498351027.jpg (471x471, 49K)

This. I got tired of going into a Gamestop, and having the cashier look over my entire transaction history, and lecture me on how I need to buy more new and used games, buy more preorders and warranties, and trade in more. I don't want that extra shit!

They're a worse newbury comics with a larger focus on games now. I miss the days of FuncoLand

I don't understand the hate.

>Time to harass women and minorities, Ha Ha!

Attached: file.png (1200x900, 1M)

Give them a shower, those smelly neckbeards could use one

I hope you die soon so your organs can be donated to people who are actually worth being around

Went to Walmart for the first time in a year, last time was during Black Friday.
They're fired everyone and replaced the registers with self checkout. Even the guy cleaning the floors has been replaced with a robot.

Is retail dying? Is everyone just staying home and giving Jeff Bezos more money?

Damn I didn’t know mickey was so based.

Nice trolling.

I have gift ones as well, and I had a Cammy I got for free at some swap meet at a con. I ended up tossing it into a crowd never to see it again.

>What a fucking nigger, Ha Ha!

Attached: file.png (691x421, 609K)

It's not particularly profitable no, but it's their best attempt, just like how the CD-stores turned into t-shirt/headphone/BTspeaker stores with a sideshow of videogames and vinyl records, before finally closing.

Nice try Jeff

People need to stop giving these as gifts, but I can understand why they do it.

>"Hmm it's Christmas/user's birthday, what should we get him?"
>"Ah, he likes (insert vidya/TV show/movie, etc. here)"
>"Those Funko pops are everywhere and are so popular, I'm sure he likes them too, plus they have ones of the characters he likes!"

Attached: 0D84DAE2-052B-4757-8A7B-A7140AD3EB20.gif (256x224, 11K)

Here is a solution - gamestop 24/7 lockers along with much smaller shops. The lockers would have all the stuff you pre order or buy online, just punch in the code and BOOM you get your loot from the box. Call it some corny lootbox related thing and zoomers along with basedgoys will eat it up. Maybe introduce a lottery where every month a random locker has some freebie.

lol

There are a few legitimately nice looking ones, usually the ones that don't use the standard molds they use for almost every single one. But I still wouldn't want any to be honest.

Attached: 37b21027-1a08-4f95-bf61-c5606bd1f08d_1.b5f21d523b8c2561327ebfcc4f0d7c64.jpg (1200x792, 133K)

Food delivery is booming though. At least here.

The CE statue is full metal and you could kill with it along with some screwing with the drill. Fuck plastic crap, give me full metal murder toys

Psychical, and by association used games, are a dead market. Gamestop needs to be a "nerd hobby store" that happens to also carry games to survive. They need to start making deals with publishers to become the de facto physical game store.
Now that GCU and Prime's game discounts are dead they should turn their PowerUp program into something similar. They could offer just a 5% discount on new/digital games (more for used) to incentivize most normie gamers to shop with them instead of Amazon.

Attached: ECxrNR2U0AAmLw2.png (1228x868, 1.2M)

the beady eyes and square heads look terrible on most characters
they flood every gaming store
they're expensive
if you have female friends, expect to get one for your birthday which you have to pretend to like

No, those are all things a good retail store would do.

wtf they do that? what the hell's wrong with america