Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition

youtube.com/watch?v=6bCCF1WMpJ0
Besides the improved graphics and Bionis shoulder what else do think they'll do?

Attached: 093.png (1470x1368, 2.02M)

Other urls found in this thread:

xenoblade.fandom.com/wiki/Level_(XC1)
youtu.be/OPNm8oAO1X0
youtube.com/watch?v=sJuiTw6nk7A
dilly-shilly.blogspot.com/2010/12/xenobade-episode-at-home.html
youtu.be/pI_Wybd82V8?t=535
youtube.com/watch?v=kBdO6uKdMl4
youtube.com/watch?v=vvUhCVkejIc
youtube.com/watch?v=8_syBQwHe9k
youtube.com/watch?v=NLwhDZwevEw
youtube.com/watch?v=WNAh9YOJHnY
youtube.com/watch?v=TO0KA1I4rp0
youtube.com/watch?v=BfUXeGPYvNQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

i hope not much. it doesnt need anything done to it other than the graphical touchup. really hoping they dont try to change the combat to be like 2

Make Sharla worth a damn?

Make Vanea a playable character?

More quests. New Super Bosses. Is this game worth beating 100% by the way? I rushed through it on the wii a long time ago using only shulk, reyn, and sharla. I liked the story so much that I just wanted to keep moving and ignore the sidequests.

Some nudity.

If not a new playable party member, probably some buffs to the weaker ones like Reyn and Sharla.

I also think they'll add some cheeky references to 2 and X, like adding Tora and Tatsu as Nopon NPCs.

More like when you finish Zanza you'll hear Rex's side of the fight briefly like he heard yours then we'll get DLC where we play from Shulk's prospective of his team up with Rex's party

a fucking run button
I don't need to go XCX speed, anything faster than "sleepwalking snail" would be nice

>posting the english version

Hopefully a collectors edition for NA

Why does shulk scream in Japanese even though the rest of the trailer is in English? The American trailer was just all English.

>Finally get a proper character designer.
>Still keep 3d render with filters like the original.

Attached: 1538519296176.png (369x364, 257K)

There are gems for that.

Expand the Affinity chart and quests

My wishlist:
>QoL improvements for quests
>Seamless world (something Monolith originally wanted to do)
>Run button
>No major story changes
That's really it. The game looks great already, I'm so excited to explore the shoulder. Has the geography been worked out, btw? I know some anons were wondering about why Alcamoth is visible from the shoulder. I'm confused about it too.

Would be based.

Here are some good changes:

>ARPG combat system
>No ugly outfit customization (you get preset costumes like the default, swimming etc and don't have an ugly mismatch of armor)

This would be stupid, and on top of not aligning properly with the events of XB2, would spoil a lot of XB2 for people who haven't played it.

Defend this.

Attached: xenoblade-chronicles-comparison.jpg (1880x2084, 444K)

Why do you keep posting this? What are we supposed to defend? Is this an "OLD GOOD NEW BAD" shitpost? Enlighten me.

>Run button
ADHD zoomies spotted.

Hopefully have Mumkhar finally be playable somehow. Was neat as fuck hacking the Wii and 3DS version to add him back to the party and play as him

>Right
Sublime
Profound
Riveting
Original

>Left
Derivative
Kitsch
Contrived
Conventional

>it doesnt need anything done to it other than the graphical touchup
I really want them to push the limit on this like they did with the wii. I want the graphics to look as close to the concept art as they can get with the switch's power, so it can look like pic related.Also difficulty settings like 2 added, and also improve the animations.
>really hoping they dont try to change the combat to be like 2
Same thought I doubt they would. It would really wouldn't work with this game anyway.

Attached: 018.jpg (1280x1822, 425K)

Attached: Xenoblade_Official_Art_Zatorl.jpg (480x480, 67K)

Xenoblade's world is packed with a lot of wonderful stuff, but it can take a little too long to get between points of interest sometimes. Most games of its size have an option for faster transportation, don't see why it should be an exception.

>Right
Made by the armor modelers for the armors they made for each character because Monolith Soft didnt have any money for a real character designer.
Any appeal they have is largely accidental
>Left
designed by a character designer to be appealing to the eye

I really hope that they fix the battle AI for Shulk and Melia so you don't have to be controlling them for them to be useful. AI Shulk didn't understand positioning, and AI Melia didn't understand how to combo the spells effectively.

Isn't the game running at 60 fps this time? I doubt it will look much better considering how underpowered the switch is.

Right is brimming with soul.
Left looks like your average throwaway anime game.

Attached: Dunban.jpg (1280x720, 86K)

You didn't play the original Xenoblade.

Make better armor for Mechon Fiora. Speed V and the default one are the only good armor.

I did and it was peak soul.
This nu-master seems to dissolve all the soul.

Attached: 96b949b0705226789029b625782eadda.jpg (1024x630, 144K)

Attached: Exxe Monado.png (1271x653, 1.76M)

Give me some way to get around faster would be my biggest request. Like there was that vehicle on Bionis Leg that we see but never touch again. Tweek the sidequests a bit to make them more interesting/less tedious, fucking black beans come to mind. Buff Sharla so shes useful outside of trying to challenge higher level monsters and you need to spam heat bullet and heals. And most importantly GIVE ME X2 GOD DAMN IT I WANT TO KNOW ABOUT THAT FUCKING PLANET

Attached: 1434688433587.png (480x310, 240K)

Going from top to bottom.
>Nothing wrong with it
>Taken at a different time of day, Fioras in-game face no longer looks terrible
>Left looks better
>Left taken at a different time of day, looks better
Take off your nostalgia goggles.

I wish they had kept it closer to the originals style, but theres no denying its an improvement. I mean the original looks fine in motion and from a distance but any time you gotta take a good hard look at any of the characters the cracks start to show.

It looks better. But the artstyle is fucking trash. It's your typical modern shitty anime style that retarded weebs love. Fuck that.

>Left: the exact same thing with better graphics
>Taken at a different time of day, also Fiora doesn't look like she has fucking downs syndrome anymore
>Left: I literally cannot fathom how someone would think the image on the right looks better
>Left: It's a completely different angle

No, that would be Xenoblade 2. Xenoblade 1 Definitive actually looks very close to the original concept art, which OP points out. Stop shitposting in a comfy thread, nigger.

>typical modern shitty anime style

What the fuck is that vague shit supposed to mean? Her eyes are the same size and shape, her nose is the same size, everything has the same proportions and structure except her face actually exists on a head with actual anatomy instead of a flat blurry texture on an egg.

Attached: FIORAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.jpg (684x388, 62K)

Why does she look so much more smug?

Attached: smugFiora.png (440x448, 290K)

let games be products of their time and a sum of compromises people had to make during production. this revision will only make the original game "obsolete" and undermine all the efforts people put into to make the game.

If I remember correctly, she's meant to be smug in that scene because she brought the Ether Cylinders that Reyn forgot. The fact that the faces express more emotion now really is a blessing.

WHO THE FUCK NAMES THEIR CHARACTER FUCKING
S H U L K
weebs are retarded

the boys forgot the ether canisters AGAIN

>brimming with soul
how?
I can understand if you like the accidentally more realistic look of the faces with the overly pronounced lips and lack of proper facial rigging but I have a hard time believing you think it has soul since it's not like they were being ambitious or putting a lot of thought into it, it was a fucking accident.
It's why the armors primarily look like clownsuits in late-game too. They designed armors BEFORE the characters themselves

>Besides the improved graphics and Bionis shoulder what else do think they'll do?
-multiple QoL improvements like NPC tracking, XC2's collection point system, some way to easily swap in quick step gems, spike damage indicator, etc
-removal of the 5 level agility boost bullshit
-"vision reacts" track no longer activates over boss themes
-additional super bosses
-improved UI

He's fucking with you, dude.

I liked the new character re-design but I also fear they will nerf Sharla's delicious big latina-looking mouth and lips. She along with Vanea were the only characters that didn't look ugly and fish-looking.

Attached: Xenoblade-sharla.jpg (854x480, 103K)

Attached: 1567678746891.png (269x269, 117K)

tatsu was already an NPC in XC1

that wouldn't make sense since zanza's not tied to the conduit, it would also be a spoiler for 2

*blocks your path*

Attached: Lorithia.png (1124x2077, 2.24M)

It's a made up name in a made up world. I mean who names their kid Cloud, Squall, Lightning, or Noctis? Those names have meaning in our languages, but Shulk could have an origin in the game's world.

Make gathering resources to rebuild the colony a little less of a chore. That's all I really need.

Based.

that's not very nice

Maybe they could make fiora be playable earlier?

Thanks to reminding me her boss fight that shit gave me PTSD.

I felt so satisfied when I killed that stupid old hag. FUCK YOU.

I fucking hate it when devs call remakes "definitive editions". So that game you made for the Wii a decade ago, the one that lead to all your success that everyone liked wasn't "definitive"? They were all playing an incomplete game this whole time? Fuck off. It's the most dishonest way to advertise a remake and shits on the fans that supported you.

>Party members keep running in the acid

Attached: Impotent rage.webm (720x394, 1.93M)

>They were all playing an incomplete game this whole time?
Correct.

i beat that boss with shulk/reyn/sharla. i never knew people considered that a hard fight until i started going into these threads

Literally name a harder story boss.

The squirrel thing super boss is the only optional boss I never managed to beat

Save Melia from her cuck fate, it has been 10 years and Nia didn't become the replacement, this has to end.

Why nobody knows that if you kill the color balls that appear around her, her insane defenses to anything but ether go down?

I just realized something.
We all know that they're going to retcon XBC1 by giving Alvis a core crystal but another thing crossed my mind.
When Zanza is defeated and dying they're going to put a brief moment in where he hears through the portal Rex saying "Thank you for giving us all life." and he'll feel nothing but regret.

Attached: 1520315510849.png (362x447, 284K)

Fucking put in the Melia ending or do what XB2 did and make everyone the win the Shulkbowl.

That was the worst shit, the AI just didn't know what to fucking do with environmental hazards, I remember there's an area with lava and narrow walkways that has Nebula enemies and if you got into a battle with one your other party members would just go into the lava everytime.

I need fashion armor like X had.

Nope, Zanza is a complete asshole and want him to remain like that. Still add him hearing Rex but when he is trying to see the future and cuts off when shulk kills him, he was in denial and rex lines will confuse him even more.

She already is... kinda. Shield Bullet is really good at least

Nah. They'll make Melia's sister playable though.
You know how she just randomly shows up outside Colony 6 near the end of the game?
Pretty sure she was suppose to join you there instead of just walking off to never been seen again

That's not really the problem people have with the fight.
The problem is your AI party members standing in acid

Games with armor changing that don't have fashion slots should be recalled and forced to add that option.

Man I'm reminded how XB2 was such a nice twist on the "God is evil" trope. Klaus did some real shit but he did get a decent redemption.

>Zanza is a complete asshole
[citation needed]

no because zanza is not connected to the conduit and is not aware of the world of Alrest. The entire reason he thinks people need a God to survive is because he didn't see the destruction he caused back home. From his point of view, he did the right thing and did the right thing again once the people of bionis/mechonis thought of space travel

>hundreds of shitty fetch quests
>awful collection system
>walk through the world as slow as molasses
There was a lot of good in Xenoblade Chronicles, but its flaws put me off.

If the new one is everything the original had, but better/improved, then yes, that is what definitive means. They're using it correctly. There are plenty of ports etc that are called Definitive Editions that are worse (Sleeping Dogs, for example), but this isn't the case here. I fucking loved the original on release, and this looks like it'll be way better, the one to always go back to when replaying it. That's definitive.

>The game is forcing me to do every quest

I don’t know if he’ll feel regret as much as realize what actually happened

not him but using FF characters as a reference for not being retarded might be a mistake

What? Play the fucking game and xenoblade 2 too, with the architect around there is not need to make Zanza have some "redemption".

The side quests and colony building are the shit that dragged this whole game down. Pure shite filler gameplay. Burnt out on the game trying to finish all the Alcamoth quests before the point of no return.

That's one thing XB2 did better, the main side quests were varied and all had nice worldbuilding. I'm just gonna ignore all that side quest shit this time.

>Nah, they'll make Melia's sister playable, though.
There's quite literally no reason for her to get in over Vanea. Especially when Vanea essentially joins the party in Mechonis Core, but never assumes a fighting role. She has plenty motive for joining the party since she had her home destroyed, people killed, and a relative personally murdered by Zanza (Egil). On top of the fact that we don't have a real Machina member in the group, she's perfect. Plus the fact that she implanted Fiora with Mayneth's spirit and all, and wants coexistence between the species. There's no reason why she wouldn't be the new party member.

Attached: image.png (306x500, 104K)

>There's quite literally no reason for her to get in over Vanea
how about the fact that she was originally a party member and has the only voiced side quest in the game

Eh, this. I don't mind them fleshing out how Zanza acted, and his early years on the Bionis, but I really doubt they'll "redeem" him. The entire purpose of his character, is to be Klaus's (ID) of wanting to surpass humanity and become a God, while his Ego (Architect) became a remorseful shell of his past life.

>If the new one is everything the original had, but better/improved, then yes, that is what definitive means.
Well we already know it at least has a different artstyle from the original, so how can it possibly be "definitive" then? And then what happens if they remake it again for another system in 10 years time? Will this version still be "definitive" then?

Even then, that doesn't necessarily hold much water. Vanea joining wouldn't feel forced at all, and already goes alongside the plot without much need for change.

going alongside the plot isn't a requirement when riki exists as a party member

And what about the "super-ego"?

Melia as main, Sharla and Riki fucking wreck superbosses.

I love sharks
Best looking and best heals

I think it was specifically made to connect titles properly, and retcon some story elements around to set things up for XC3. If another "definitive version" were to release in the future, it would probably only be an HD touch up with no new plot elements, or cut areas getting included like with this game.

First fantasy story?

>best heals

Attached: Riki_pic.png (400x300, 159K)

Well you could say Scientist Klaus was the original ego, with the Architect being the superego, with Zanza left as the ID. That's the better example.
He's already an established character in the narrative, though.

I assume they will make Riki's face actual polygons instead of 2D decals on his dumb round body.

>New Arts
>Updated combat system identical to Torna
That's what I hope gets added, but if not, whatever.

>Eyes are literal 2D textures glued onto their faces
How'd they get away with it?

Attached: Xenoblade - 480p vs 720p.jpg (1356x1524, 538K)

give her a second red art

make her talent art not be a draw back, or at least make it so that it works to chain in chain attacks

I think each character is going to end up getting 5 to 10 new arts.

I wonder how does sharla look.

Fuck off reddit

Good.

Attached: sharla-might-as-well-have.png (1366x768, 1.69M)

PC 'gaming' is a blight that needs to be eradicated.

All Sharla needs is a couple more attacking arts. I'd say a bullet for Fire, and Ice, since she already has Thunder. Also make her Talent Art have a benefit if it's going to have to cool down. Maybe something like a 10% boost in power for her attacks, and arts after every recharge?

I agree! How dare PC gaming de-valuates our expense! The way to play the game is at 240p@25fps!
Soulless! Soulless!

quit being autistic about the word definitive read a fucking dictionary

>YOU WILL PAY FOR YOUR INSOLENCE

I always prefered XC1 canon with Klaus doing some crazy shit the destroys the universe and makes him a god. XC2 reconning it into being him spliting up and creating a new universe is weird

Apparently turn all characters into ugly anime dolls instead of improving the original design with a few retouches.

Attached: 1543552986203.png (1341x519, 1.23M)

>I agree
That's all I needed to read.

>generic and interchangeable with everyone else
>proper
The bugman mentality. I'm sure you also have an Iphone.

>Weak chin
>Dead expression

>Finally get a proper character designer
On one hand, you have people saying these designs are Tanaka's. On the other hand, people are saying it's the new lead designer. Which is it? Tanaka hasn't said shit, or reposted anything about the remaster on his Twitter. I think the information about him not working on Monolith Soft titles anymore was true.

They better do Melia's legs justice.

He didnt create a new universe

I can't wait to see how the marsh looks in the DE.

Ironically if Vanea did join the party then she'd be one of the only party members whose beef with Zanza is personal.

They should redub it and get rid of the faggot ass bong dub.

>Exploring the Mechonis in the remaster
It's going to be awesome, man. I'm really curious about that cut Mechonis area that was apparently present in the game's coding. It still gets me how straightforward the Mechonis is in general, but they still found ways to make it non linear. Mechonis Field in particular has a lot of branching pathways. My only issue with the area, was the fact that most of the colors were so similar to the point where it got weary to explore after awhile.
By that point in the story, wouldn't everyone have beef with Zanza anyway for using Shulk as a vessel, and planning to destroy the Bionis so he could retain his powers as a God? The party no longer wants revenge on the Mechonis after what they learned.

Attached: 486975.jpg (1366x768, 265K)

>Cut Mechonis area
I don't know where it'd take place at, since you spend all your time inside the Mechonis, instead of it's exterior.

I love seeing all you insufferable XC fanboys bitching about your precious "NOT ANIME" game becoming even more anime. This new version will be the one most people play and remember and you can't do SHIT about it.

Goddamn the Wii sure did suck the life out of some scenes

>Rex's crew falls off the World Tree and ends up in Morytha
>Climbs up the Orbital Elevator and reaches the last bastion of humanity, Elysium, that is a shell of it's former self, and abandoned
>Shulk's crew falls off Galahad Fortress, and ends up on the Fallen Arm
>Climbs up the Mechonis and reaches Agniratha, the empty home of the Machina that was abandoned after it's destruction
Based parallels.

>477298698
Well shit, that Faggot is here.

Is Xenoblade 1 better than 2?

I don't know why this was necessary, outside of apparent seething. I think most people who are familiar with anime tropes, and in general Takahashi's style of writing is aware that XC1 is a borderline anime. It's just more chill about it until the 2nd half, unlike XC2 which overdoses on anime archetypes and cliches for a majority of the story.

Yes.

That's a bit disappointing.

Definitely

They're about the same in terms of quality, honestly. One game executes specific shit better than the other. XC1 has a better first half, and a decent 2nd half. XC2 has a slow start, but it's 2nd half is amazing.

How about you play it yourself and make you own opinion?

No.

To me yeah, but that's just my opinion

Gonna wait for the remake instead of playing the busted Wii version that looks trash.

1 unironically tricks you into thinking it's better than it is because it's all presented so fantastically well. It's still good, but people really overrate just how good it is. 2 definitely outdoes it in many ways.

Definitely

Biggest problem is the color scheme. Shulk's hair went from blonde to neon yellow. If they used the more muted colors of the original it would go a long way.

Attached: Xenoblade Chronicles DE but with the original's color palette.png (1024x661, 428K)

I liked most of 2 but mainly dislaked the game systems like Field Skills and the Mercenary stuff. Is 1 annoying in the same way or not?
I'm up for trying it out.

>His hair went from blonde to neon yellow
Well, it was a teaser trailer. Things are probably prone to change, and especially so if the game drops around Winter 2020 Overall though, I think they tweaked the lighting, a lot. It was really evident with that scene of Metal Face raiding Colony 9.

I SWEAR TO GOD THEY BETTER KEEP THE VOICE ACTORS!

The British acting was so different from the normal same-fag of every JRPG that all the same voice actors in America voice.

There's no Field Skills or Mercenary stuff in XC1, exploration is more straight forward and the feel of reward for doing is bigger.

I still think XC2 has the superior combat system but XC1 is still enjoyable also the foresight mechanic is something no other game in the series has done and I miss it.

>doesn't know what definitive mean

If it's simpler than XB2, I think I'll enjoy it. I feel like 2 was a little bloated with systems that it didn't need and only served to pad out the gametime (which already felt long enough).

1 has no field skills or merc stuff, but it has a ridiculous number of timed quests, the Colony 6 rebuilding sidequest, and some other annoying stuff like no bonus EXP and the retarded way enemy scaling works based on your level.

Melia's VA is too expensive now. Even if she wanted to do it for free, her agency would demand loads of money.

>enemy scaling
Oh that's a huge yikes from me, I'll look into it but that alone might be enough to make me avoid this game entirely.

Fucking Dr. Who career takeoff causing me a lack of sweet Brits.

Risks of using actual actors. Fire Emblem will never have this problem.

Man imagine if the mechonis looked like that in the remaster. In the screenshots we've seen like pic related it's looking pretty good, but there's still room for improvement.

Attached: 1.jpg (1280x720, 674K)

Its not Tanaka, the noses and faces aren’t like his at all. They’re more like Zeke’s or other adult XB2 characters.

I hope they haven’t shitcanned him entirely though. I’ll lose a lot of interest in Xeno if he’s gone and even more if they just rehire Ace+ every god damn time I’m so sick of their stuff

Meanwhile Saitom has been happily retweeting everything Monolith does.

The raid scene does look better but that might just be because it was at night. But I am willing to give them the benefit of the doubt that it'll look better closer to release. Shulk's still using his original body mesh in the trailer so there's a lot to improve.

Here
xenoblade.fandom.com/wiki/Level_(XC1)
Basically you get massive handicaps when fighting higher level enemies, but massive bonuses when fighting lower level enemies, so you have to constantly manage your level if you want the game to have a reasonable level of difficulty (which is made even harder due to the aforementioned lack of bonus EXP).

Tanaka leaving the series for good would be pretty disappointing. I love his 2D artwork, I don't think Xenosaga Episode I or Xenoblade X were the best attempts to transfer his style into 3D but KOS-MOS, Shulk and Fiora in Xenoblade 2 looked pretty nice.

Definitive Edition looks really nice but yeah pretty sure it's not him.

Extend Zanza's backstory. More connections to Xenoblade X. Possibly more Meyneth involvement other than dying. Vist the Mechonis City in it's prime. New World post-gameplay arc that will peek at Xenoblade Chronicles 3.

Better voice acting

You should be a comedian

But how? The English dub was already superior to the Japanese

Attached: homerbart.png (427x315, 128K)

I just got to that part in Torna where I have to increase my Community level to 4. Someone please motivate me to continue.

Attached: 1566708623637.jpg (621x698, 155K)

>Torna-style prequel DLC where you play as Egil, Arglas, and others during the events that led to the clash between Bionis and Mechonis
>Agniratha in its prime
>Machina Village on the arm before it was chopped off
>Giant settlements on the Bionis

Attached: AbsolutelyFantastic.png (395x296, 168K)

Come full circle with Zanza having a vision that Malos is about to die. Show hints of how 1 and 2 are happening in real time.

Confirm Meyneth dies the same time Rex picks up Galea's ID card.

Attached: 1565421114180.jpg (920x767, 331K)

The enemy scaling in XC1 will probably be fixed in the remaster. It was setup in a way where, if you were levels behind an enemy, you wouldn't have enough agility to hit them. Likewise, if you were levels above an enemy, they wouldn't pose a threat to you. The only thing you'd have to worry about is dicking around near enemies that are massively over leveled.
Speaking of XC2 aspects, I imagine they'll include some of those to this remaster.
>Item Orbs
Will probably be replaced by Collection Points that are spread across each region, instead of having to constantly search for one rare item in an orb.

youtu.be/OPNm8oAO1X0

Attached: image_1.jpg (619x710, 72K)

Well Xenoblade 2/Torna is the most mainstream work he has done.

THIS!!! Expand the giant backstory and make Dickson into a hero of renown. You win the internet for the day.

>It was setup in a way where, if you were levels behind an enemy, you wouldn't have enough agility to hit them. Likewise, if you were levels above an enemy, they wouldn't pose a threat to you.
I feel like levels naturally achieve this. What on Earth was the intent behind the scaling?

At the same spot, I couldn't do it user. I wish you luck.

Delet this

Attached: _0D358EA65DA0DF65A3A309747DD38DC6.jpg (800x800, 84K)

You mean better JAPANESE voice acting, right? RIGHT?

Do it for them.

Attached: 1558395999911.jpg (1280x720, 337K)

The sidequests in Torna are all pretty good, they did a good job making you give a damn about generic NPCs.
Also the ending is fucking fantastic and you seriously don't want to miss it.

why are there so many melodramatic faggots in Xeno threads

The Metal Face shot we have seen looks great, but the earlier one with Shulk charging the Mechon army looks like shit in the remake so far. His facial expression is stupid and the Mechon are a matte blue color for some fucking reason, making them look like harmless rubber balls instead of death robots.

I like how it looks more defined. I just wish the eyes were a little brighter, but that might just be the time of day.

I dropped Torna when I realized they were rewriting the entire Aegis War. Fuck that noise.

>those three similar NPCs standing next to eachother in the top right

I'll be pretty sad if Tanaka is gone for good. He's been around since Gears, the fucking beginning. Leaving just when the series starts getting a proper grounding would suck man. I hope his designs for the XCX characters don't go to waste when the game is inevitably remade. (hopefully)

I hope some scenes are automatically fixed for nighttime/daytime scenes. Or a cutscene watcher that allows you to control the time.
On my second playthough, most Mechonis invasions and the Bionis Sword was awesome at sunset. The Mechonis slashing into the Bionis at dawn was KINO.

I'll do you one better, user.
>Torna style prequel episode that takes place when Vanea tells you to witness the history of the Mechonis for yourself
>It becomes an entire chapter long prologue, but still relatively short to keep the pacing balanced
>You witness the destruction of Agniratha, from the Telethia raids, to Arglas getting possessed by Zanza, and the awakening of the Bionis
>The boss of the chapter is the Bionis itself, as you control the Mechonis through the eyes of Mayneth in an epic battle
>In the ending we see Egil lose his shit, and begin his ploy to bring Mechonis to it's former glory
If this actually happened, it would damn near outdo XC2's second half.

Attached: 1554734082595.jpg (100x100, 2K)

Agreed, I love his character designs in Gears

Attached: 1523104633882.jpg (768x1024, 137K)

>Meyneth dies the same time Rex picks up Galea's ID card.
I'd really like more confirmation on this, personally. A lot of people thought the ID card was simply reused assets, but honestly I think it's Galea's. Assuming she ended up going to the bottom of the Beanstalk to see if everyone was okay from the explosion, and ended up mutating into a Guldo at some point.

>all these people wanting explicit XB2 references in the story
Fuck no. Why would you want to spoil it so much? They should change the appearance of the space station and the things in and around it, along with some additional/different dialogue from Alvis but nothing more.

>What on Earth was the intent behind the scaling?
I.. have no clue. It's fixed though, hopefully.

>The Mechon are a matte blue color for some fucking reason
I honestly found that pretty jarring at first, but it's grown on me. Things are prone to change though, so I hope they tweak the color a tad.

Extra gear and some XC2 plot connection / easter egg. Maybe new quests but we really don't need them.

Attached: 1277487053852[1].jpg (320x304, 21K)

>Fuck no. Why would you want to spoil it so much?
I think most of it comes from people getting too hype about the connections, but yeah, it's a little much. All I'm expecting as far as XC2 connections go, are the obvious retcon of the "Experiment" scene, Alvis getting revealed to be Ontos since we'd hopefully see his core shooting through space from his perspective, and the ending. Outside of that, I'd prefer they work on the main story more. Some more Giants lore since the Bionis Shoulder is back, and more lore on the ancient past of the Bionis/Mechonis would be icing on the cake.

Yeah that was stupid, but some of the sidequests have fun interactions so it's worth it.

Yikes. Imagine being this delusional

Nah. 1 has an aesthetic that appeals to western gamers and insecure people more. If you only switched the visuals between them, everyone would be shitting on 1 and praising 2. That's how shallow these retards are for the most part.

>Things are prone to change though, so I hope they tweak the color a tad.
If I had to guess, I'd say the game is at least 9 months out from release (I definitely think they're aiming to release it on the 10th anniversary of the original, which would be June 10th 2020). For comparison, this is what XC2 looked like roughly the same amount of time before its release;
youtube.com/watch?v=sJuiTw6nk7A
The difference between the initial reveal and the final product is pretty noticeable, so I definitely think the final version of XCDE will look even better than what we saw in the reveal.

It's far simpler. In 1 you'll master everything there is to do in 15 hours and just repeat that for another 80. Be careful what you wish for.

The problem is that the Bionis and Mechonis prequel is so big, it'd have to be it's own expansion pack/game. I'm talking 30 hours the minimum. No way you can keep it short in 3-4 hours.

This or anything involving potential universe 3. And no, I don't think universe 3 is Xenoblade X without some more connections to what Klaus was referencing.

Also the reference to Alvis' "He longed for friendship" coming out of nowhere when Zanza is the evil half.

Has to be time of day considering how much of an upgrade the glow effect is as shown on Metal Face.

Even for the core, I would prefer for it not to be shown outright because anyone could guess straight away when playing XB2 what the deal with Malos and Pyra is. Best thing would be to reference his true nature as one of the trinity cores in the dialogue between him and Shulk after the experiment scene.

>Hiding key details because spoilers
>In the age of the internet
I get what you mean but Xenoblade 2 isn't a sequel. More like a side-by-side story since they happen at the same time. That way Xenoblade 1 is just as enjoyable as 2 because you have two perceptions of the multi-dimensional story. Sharing origins and endings was done on purpose.

The stories not needing eachother to exist but featuring references to eachother is great, I hope they continue this for the franchise, only X should be direct sequels, it's loose ends are all purposeful since it's building a narrative to be told over multiple games, hope they don't give up on it.

Yeah, the changes from XC2's announcement trailer, to it's actual release were pretty major. I still have a feeling that this remaster will end up releasing in the Winter of 2020, but an anniversary release sounds highly plausible as well. Either way, that's plenty of time to touch up on things. That really makes me wonder, how long has this shit been in development? I want to say a few months after Torna's release, so the development time should be well over a year now.

>The problem is that the Bionis and Mechonis prequel is so big, it'd have to be it's own expansion pack/game. I'm talking 30 hours the minimum. No way you can keep it short in 3-4 hours
30 hours minimum? That sounds like a tad much. All they ideally need to focus on, is the "Day of Collapse". Where Arglas gets possessed, likely some scenes between him and Egil, Agniratha getting ravaged, and in the end we get a boss fight between the Bionis, and Mechonis. I can't imagine it'd last for more than an hour, or two. I get what you're saying, though.

Wasn't Shulk supposed to have more swords before he actually got the Monado?

And wasn't there a bigger part for Fiora?

There were 3 beanstalk towers that balanced the Orbital Elevator, and the Conduit, right? So it got me thinking, one stayed in Alrest, but Klaus said a lot of the old Earth were flung into portals, and taken to alternate universes. What if one of the towers ended up in Shulk's world, eons before the events of the story? Galea (Mayneth) would have needed materials and what not to construct the Mechonis, since her people aren't exactly natural lifeforms like Zanza, and the Bionis.

I'm really curious as to what the XC3 universe will look like. I'm fairly certain it'll be an entirely new universe to say the least, but people still suggest that it'll be Alrest centuries later.

Alvis/Ontos served both Zanza and Meyneth's bidding since they both became gods at the same time. He's a rouge AI though and he predicted/influenced Shulk's future to benefit humanity for the greater good, just as Klaus wanted.
It's entirely possible he manipulated both gods since the beginning since he was always "outside the matrix" for creation and destruction.

I fucking love how Metal Face looks in the remake.

It would have something to do with Galea or possibly a tyrannical alien version of her.
Others suggested that Xenoblade X's creators of humanity was a race created and ruled by another version of Galea.

It'd be fun to play as a non-human in Xeno3 or XX2, just to change things up a bit.

What do you mean, user? As far as Fiora goes, I'm not sure. She served as Mayneth's medium, and a drive for Shulk's motivations, but that's about it. If you're talking about her body being restored, that was another cut piece of the plot. According to a translated script from the artbook, she was supposed to be thrown in an ancient High Entian regeneration chamber before the battle with Zanza, but decides to stick with Shulk until after their battle is done. It could easily explain why her body is back to normal during the ending in better depth. No clue what you meant by the swords, though.

Here's the translated script from the artbook, by the way.
>dilly-shilly.blogspot.com/2010/12/xenobade-episode-at-home.html

I guess that makes sense, and explains why she has just as much creation power.

>The glowing red lines on the bodies of Face Units, is actually Homs blood being regulated through the mecha
It's the little details that matter

>Is this game worth beating 100% by the way?
Well I don't know about that, but it really has more to it than just sweeping through with the starting party. Sidequests are kinda neat with the world building and all, especially rebuilding Colony 6, which literally is worldbuilding.
Also gameplay really varies if you're using different team setups, I like to main Dunban or Melly a lot

A alternate universe where Galea is an antagonistic figure, with a reincarnated Klaus in a new identity would be very interesting. Probably not going to happen, but still.
>A non human protagonist
A Nopon?

No, a mechon or something humanoid like that.

It's not that the combat was difficult to master in 2, the systems that pad out the game are side missions that are literally just "Wait 8 hours" or here's a secret area you can't reach because you didn't get the right blade from the gacha machine.

It's pretty fun actually, thanks to excessive questing I had to do only one quest or so to maximise it at this point

Bullshit. I demand source for that.

I feel like it made for a better journey and experience. That said I dread going back to its combat, probably going to feel really stiff comparatively

Torna was about thirty hours and it took a nice chunk of time to expanding on elements that just couldn't be covered in an hour or two.

In terms of extras like the padded community quests, I suppose, but the plot related cutscenes only take up a good 3 hours. If they were to ideally only focus on the key events, and then a big battle, I doubt it'd take more than 2 hours depending on how they do things.

Keep the affinity chart the same, keep all the quests with little stories, remove all the uninteresting ones and make a lot of quests that are easily missable just accessible alongside other batches of quests

I thought that was pretty obvious, though. It explains why the Monado bounces off of their armor until it upgrades into the Monado II and gains the ability to take the life of any life form.

It's very heavily implied to be the case, with Shulk even remarking that the red light could be why the Monado has no effect.
I don't think it's ever straight up confirmed though, but i'm not sure about that.

Anyone that defends the ugly Wii/New 3DS graphics should kill themselves

Xeno series has always been anime and finally Xenoblade will not look like shit

I was going to recommend that they cut the affinity between party members thing out, and simply give you the H2H scenes, but then I realized the affinity plays into combat as well. Such as the chance of your Chain Attack extending depending on how high the affinity is with your party. Honestly though, they need to decrease the amount of points it takes to reach max affinity between the crew. You can send gifts between party members, but even then that's annoying.

doing the sidequests and filling the affinity chart is an absolute delight imo
it's kinda hard to 100% though if you don't know exactly where to find certain quests
some missable timed quests are only available right before they disappear again so they're easy to miss and will ruin your 100% run, so that's kinda annoying
otherwise still really fun to 100%

They just need to make gaining affinity a lot easier yeah, i feel like the affinity system is fine but it's just so insanely slow

Post screenshots.

Attached: SX4E01-12.jpg (2560x1400, 794K)

It was confirmed. Xord and other mechons ate people. People have blood. Hence the red.

Even Mumkhar's Metal Face model absorbs blood preferably through the claws.

Attached: SX4E01-10.jpg (2560x1400, 705K)

Attached: SX4E01-9.jpg (2560x1400, 1.21M)

Attached: SX4E01-6.jpg (2560x1400, 972K)

There's even the item
>Bloodstained Faces, faces covered in blood, they portray the sorrow of war
Or something along those lines when you defeat Faced Mechon.

Attached: SX4E01-3.jpg (2536x1384, 897K)

I'd like to see more shots of serious Shulk to come to a conclusion whether I like the new artstyle or not.

I hope they add more NPC's in emptyish places like that

It's funny because there are more NPCs in the outside area, even though you'd expect that to be more graphically intensive. Guess the draw distance is what does it.

Attached: 0987665456782.png (2160x708, 2.21M)

That's what I was going for. Pain in the ass to line up that shot, because the Mechonis model has been changed to look further away or something. Also the diagonal slope of the ground is in a very specific location.

>MFW Nopon Village side quests

Attached: 1555256254043.png (600x979, 185K)

I spend hours in nopon village and loved it. it was so cozy

New Mechonis model looks nice.
Can't wait to see this scene in HD
youtu.be/pI_Wybd82V8?t=535

She hulk fans

Attached: SX4E01-2.jpg (2560x1400, 1.04M)

Even the Gormott music is slightly different from the reveal trailer to the actual game.

Attached: SX4E01-7.jpg (2560x1400, 949K)

Could use a “0 days passed since Yea Forums last cries about XCDE” image with this.

>how about the fact that she was originally a party member
You got anything to back that up?

>Improved graphics
Imagine being this fucking delusional

Attached: 1567783522763.jpg (592x443, 40K)

>Xord and other mechons ate people
What did Egil mean by this?

Colony 9 is really comfy.

She knows she's hot now

Are we even sure we'll get the Shoulder?

They can reuse old audio.
No actually, depending on how it was handled they may not even need to pay her.

Why would they show off the altered shoulder if they weren't going to include it? They'd only be pissing people off.

Did you actually watch the reveal trailer?

Literally soulless vs soul.

>anime titty enthusiast swears he's the only same man
Rex and crew are far more annoying than Shulk's gang.

Yeah? I didn't see any indication that the shoulder is playable.

They showed characters being in the map, outside of gameplay footage moving around the map what more indication do you need?

By a landslide in the first half.
Second half is comparable to 2.
X is still the best one.

>outside of gameplay footage moving around the map
That just means the area is rendered out. They could just have more elaborate cutscenes planned.

I wonder if our boy chuggaconroy, will do a 100% lp of the definitive version?

>Recreate and alter a cut area from the original
>See that cut content? You still can't go there!
You have to be baiting with this amount of reaching up your own ass. Why are you trying to rationalize reasons for them not using assets they've just made?

Attached: (You).png (500x377, 184K)

Xenoblade 1 is the better experience if you're only playing each game once. But XB2 has way better replayability thanks to the (mostly) massively improved gameplay, DLC and expanded NG+ options

I didn't say they won't use it.
I'm saying they might not use it the way you want them to. Incorporating the shoulder basically means rebalancing over half the game entirely and fundamentally altering the pace. They could honestly add elaborate cutscenes there and nothing else and still be showing it off.

You're taking it for granted and might get burned.

X > 2 > 1

Attached: Xeno Wonder Red.jpg (800x450, 118K)

I absolutely hated Xenoblade 1 and 2's British dub work. If the two games hadn't had a Japanese option, I would not have finished either of them. I understand that some people love the British casting but I just can't stand all that nonstop tea and crumpets. And don't get me started on how they characterize Nopons in particular.

Remember the mines under Colony 9? Remember that boss mechon with the hammer (who used to be a Hom himself)? He straight-up states it.

Attached: 1497806507227.png (1198x1200, 259K)

Considering they felt the need to show off the shoulder in the very first trailer I doubt it's going to be a throwaway area for fanservice. It would have been much easier to not include the shoulder at all, considering it was cut content to begin with.

Can someone post a link to who Melia's sister is? I don't remember this character.

I enjoyed 2 a lot more but I don't know if I'd call it better. It's pretty rough around the edges compared to 1 which is an undeniably incredibly solid JRPG, even if it didn't really grip me as much.

based and subpilled
>there are people in this thread right now that unironically prefer MINGE
Yikes!

>I just wish the eyes were a little brighter, but that might just be the time of day.
The eyes were always really visible in the original, no matter the time of day. It was really distinctive and I hope they fix it.

it took me so fucking long to figure out how to navigate that hellhole

I'm in Chapter 9 of XBC2, and the meaningless anime sentimentality drivel that everyone keeps spouting over and over and over, while going on circles, is fucking killing me here. Is XBC1 any better, or will I need to enxure another Rex?

Find a flaw.

Attached: 83fdf28818bf1ed3a21216c7a6cd7ede.jpg (1176x661, 161K)

slightly better in some aspects but it still gets like that

Tyrea

this.
I really want their AI to be better, Melia essentially kept running up close and being the least effective she could be if i left her to her own AI.

Fuck. Thank God I love cheesing RPG mechanics to skip progression, otherwise I wouldn't be able to stand this.

I feel tie-ins to XC2 are pretty much guarenteed. I fully expect some changes to Ontos' design to have him have a core crystal (maybe disguised as a necklace to replace the key) like Metsu and Hikari do, and for the final battle to play a line from the end of XC2 to mirror the same happening in it. The battle system might be adjusted as well to feature things like cancelling.

Maybe it'll get non-canon crossover DLC too like Shulk&Fiora in the XC2 season pass.

Locomotion fucking sucks and is only acceptable by the impossibly low standards of japanese rpgs. If you put the movement system in any western openworld game or even a fucking 3D platformer people would relentlessly shit on how it ruins exploration and feels like trash to control.

Also there's not enough neat secrets and rewards for exploring.

Attached: Xenoblade Chronicles X Exploration.webm (854x480, 2.53M)

That's bad too mate though I'll give XCX this, it certainly felt more rewarding to explore than either XC1 or 2.

I'm not asking for much here. Just basic running/jumping/rolling that feels good and enviornments that are actually fun in themselves to traverse.

>That's bad too mate
Not him but you're a retard.

>That's bad too

Attached: danteCringe.jpg (811x811, 449K)

It is. The jump has no granular control and the physics of them paired with the animation simply do not mesh, and hopping up slopes while looking for points on them where there's enough of an invisible ledge to leap off of does not make for interesting or fun exploration.

XCX movement would be ridiculed in any other genre besides other ones with similarly low standards such as MMOs and Eurojank RPGs.

Pretty neat that it appears to run at 60fps.

>improved
Nincels, not even once

Attached: 1567818547084m.jpg (1024x639, 47K)

Not gonna trust it till real gameplay vids are out. So far it's all just cutscenes.

Do yourself a favour and play some openworld games with actually good controls and movement, or just some platformers. XCX has neither and is only given a pass because its a JRPG so nobody expects any better than the kind of shit you see in Tales games or FF.

I have. Prototype is the only one better than X.

End this meme, putting in shit from XC2 at the end would be massive spoilers.

I genuinely find it fascinating that someone like you exists.

>I fully expect some changes to Ontos' design to have him have a core crystal (maybe disguised as a necklace to replace the key) like Metsu and Hikari do
>like Shulk&Fiora in the XC2 season pass
you disgust me

They'll add XC2 characters as DLC

Attached: 1546497199690.png (720x1920, 458K)

There's gameplay starting at 0:55 and ending at 1:02.

Attached: 1506669133220.jpg (870x482, 481K)

I think XC2 already filled the need to have crossover DLC. Also a lot of XC1 fans would be pissed if XC2 characters are DLC.

No, they don't.

Why?

why would xeno fans be mad about characters from the most popular xeno game being in another for cameos?

This is what'll make me buy or pass. The shitty moe #FE models I can deal with, but not 2's gameplay.

I don't think 1 lends itself to crossover characters as well as 2 did.
It'd be neat to see characters like Rex and Pyra in XBDE's style though.

Are you delusional or what? Most XC1 fans dislike the XC2 cast. Look anywhere on the internet, this is common knowledge

I want XC2 costumes for the party
>Shulk in Rex's ridiculous diving suit
>Fiora in Pyra/Mythra's stripper clothes
>Reyn in Zeke's chuuni getup
>Dunban in Morag's Thomas the Tank Engine military uniform
>Melia in Nia's potato sack
>Sharla in Pandoria's outfit and swirly glasses that don't match her personality whatsoever
>Riki in Tora's mechanic clothes

Attached: 9043798367.png (390x308, 131K)

>Most XC1 fans dislike the XC2 cast.
This is absolutely false, particularly in Japan.

And are you really naive enough to think this remake is being made for the minority of older fans who've had the chance to buy XC1 three times instead of the much larger audience of new fans brought in by XC2 who've never played it?

Only autists dislike 2, true xenochads love all games, even X

I'm a XB1 fan and most other fans I know of either like the party, have mixed opinions or are just kind of meh about it. The people who dislike the cast to the point that they would actually get butthurt if they were referenced in DLC for XBDE aren't the majority whatsoever.

based and takahashipilled

Attached: 1460124250719.jpg (400x399, 43K)

TRUE xenochads love all games, even saga II

Saga 2 was better than Saga 1 or any of the Blade games.

A playable quest built around that tank Fiora uses offscreen in the ending would be nice.

Making drop rates less aids for some fetch quests would also be appreciated. Otherwise I’m pretty content with the reskin and the Shoulder being playable since vanilla XBC is already very solid.

Saga 1: the most iconic
Saga 2: the bad one
Saga 3: the best one
Blade 1: the most iconic
Blade 2: the bad one
Yup, I'm thinking Xenoblade 3 is gonna be pretty based.

Literally delusional then. Look at most of the twitter, youtube and other social media posts and you’ll see the general sentiment towards 2’s characters and style.

Yeah but you know they wouldn’t bring over just the more liked characters like Zeke and Morag. It would be Rex and Pyra

>477318786
Will we ever be free of this faggot? At least all his strategies are banned now.

Twitter is full of xbc2 fanart which keeps going even today.

What about it is definitive? I have the 3DS and Wii versions.

>look at what muh ecelebs and twitter trannies think!
No. I'll instead look at fanart, sales data, and the glowing reception it received online qmongst jrpg fans

New models and new content.

Graphics completely overhauled, previously cut content is being put in and most likely some more new content

>xfag still trying to convince everyone that the world hates xc2 as much as he does

Don't really feel like getting a Switch to play this version. Might pass.

>Blade 2
>bad

>a vocal minority of triggered normalfags represent the broader fanbase
No

Yeah we don't know much atm but doesn't seem worth it to buy a Switch for this for now

He'll claim that's just XC2 fans next and that no XC1 fans like it even though many XC1 artists draw XC2 as well

I guess just wait and see how much changes.

b-b-but muh anime!

I’m not Xfag, I just don’t like XC2 much and most 1 fans I have seen online feel that way. Though I guess these sort of posts are what Xfag would pull, but I’m being honest.

>forgetting X
Sorry patternfag but your own theory posits 2 is the best

I want to shake your hand over the internet

X is a spin off series

>vocal minority
How?

Yes. Long after several points of no return I fell in love with the game during my first play through and ended up doing a second one in NG+ immediately after. It is a rare game that I like enough to play through a second time immediately after beating it the first.

Take some Adderrall, zoomer

Who?

Seriously, I don't remember this character at all I'd rather have Vanea, she apparently fought with a whip in concept, wait I remember somebody hating Melia even after what happened to bird land could this be her? What a waste of a character, she only exists to add more suffering to Melia's character.

Because the passionate haters of 2 are a minority within both the Xeno fanbase and the fans of XC1 specifically.

Name one (1) interview where they explicitly say it's a spinoff, faggot.

There's also a sizable contingent of eceleb worshippers who hate it because their favourite youtubers told them it was anime cringe.
But then they don't actually give a shit about the franchise so you'd have to be an idiot to care about their opinions.

Shitposting is not real opinions, it’s just playing around. I bet you think people dislike Nia because you saw all that Minge-posting. When it reality it was done by people who liked her

You don’t need to passionately hate something to dislike it. Most just want to ignore 2’s existence or the characters and story specifically.

Make Ice Cabbages easier to obtain.

Attached: 1463187803741.png (160x224, 6K)

>Look at most of the twitter, youtube and other social media posts and you’ll see the general sentiment towards 2’s characters and style.
I've been looking at them since 2 came out. The sentiment you're talking about exists, but among fans of 1 it's not the majority. It's most definitely not something that's going to stop Monolith from making crossover DLC if they want to, especially considering XBDE is likely an attempt to capitalize on 2's success and draw people who started with it further into the series.

Black Liver Beans

I feel people are saying the terms "it's more anime" or "moeshit" wrong when criticizing 2, since all of the games are anime-like themselves, it's just that 2 goes overboard with the cliches, humor and general artstyle.
I love Saitom, but compare XB1's character designs to most shows released at the time, and you can see that the style is very different, while XB2 has designs that are more in line with the shows that were airing at the time.

Just buy them from whatshisface during the limited time he's at Valak user

>but compare XB1's character designs to most shows released at the time
That's entirely because MonolithSoft were broke as fuck and didn't have a character artist till late in development though

if you're the kind of person who wants to "ignore 2’s existence or the characters and story specifically", have you considered that the view you have of xenoblade 1's fanbase might just be a *little* bit limited?

just collect at the beautifull night time user, also i think i found mine at the thin ledge walk ontop of the mountain

>>Melia in Nia's potato sack
No, blade outfit

>it's just that 2 goes overboard with the cliches, humor and general artstyle.
>protagonist gets possessed by an evil god wielding a giant sword and the childhood friend who we thought was dead is actually a sexy robot lady possessed by the robot goddess has to stop him from destroying the universe
I too remember when Xenoblade was grounded and not overly anime at all.

Attached: 1546495594152.png (1600x900, 1.5M)

Thanks, I want this now

wasn't it great how every version of the monado looked worse than the previous one

Attached: 06f190a023c0653246d9dccb1bbb28e8b458c063_hq.jpg (240x343, 9K)

When you idiots will stop of falling for his tricks? Stop replying him.

The only thing about 2 that is exclusive to anime these days is the Saitom faces and perhaps Pyra’s and Mythra’s designs. The artsyle itself outside of the faces, mainly the over the top clothes, mechanical design, colour design, shading and lighting are more late 90s/00s. XC1’s definitive seems to be going for 00s style faces.

yeah that sucked
was there a way you could get the original back for NG+, or were you stuck with the ridiculously out of place true monado for the whole thing?

You can still see what the general artstyle they went with, despite the problems they had.

Did you read my post at all? I said all the games are anime-like, XB2 just has even more tropes than before.

I think you could get rid of it for NG+ but that's probably wrong, been a while

It has a nice silhouette but the long blue part in the middle is terrible

>Fix Shulk/Melia AI
>Tune up Sharla
All we need.

>tropes
Go back

Don't need to. The fact that Xenoblade 2 is called 2 instead of 3 says all it needs to nigger

Fixing the level scaling and RNG chain attack combo is extremely important

There also that part where Nia destroys her wanted poster where her eyes do the "star stare" and her cat-blade gets a drop of water over his head. This type of humor is straight from animation.

>my rifle's getting hotter!
>enemies start spontaneously combusting from the sheer heat

Fuck "Soulfags" I think Shulk looks so much cuter now that he's more "animefied" honestly I think the characters look much brighter and more detailed compared to their original models.

Also I'm gonna play as that katana wielding dude and dab on people with my sick IAI attacks, please tell me he does cool attacks

butcher everything

How would you call them then? Just because reddit/cancer tropes use the word doesn't mean you can't use it.

Well yeah, my point is that that stuff isn’t exclusive to the era of anime that everyone seems to hate on.

Dunban is so great you can literally play him naked and he is immortal.

Attached: 1531748499403.jpg (691x527, 92K)

What's wrong with how 2 played, it was better than 1

>How would you call them then?
Cliches? Stereotypes?
>defending TVTROPES
No, you're in the collection.

Dunban has that hotblooded mentor past his prime attitude to him, and his fighting style reflects it. He fights with ONE FUCKING ARM the whole game

Soooo Auron from FF X? Or better? Or worse?

I'm super excited about this. The day it was announced I was even thinking about replaying Xenoblade since I'd been listening to the beautiful OST all that week.

The new changes are interesting. I'm not hating on them, but I will say that I just don't get the hate of the original. I thought it was simply gorgeous, even breathtakingly beautiful. Everytime I saved the game, I'd pick an angle that'd compose a beautiful thumbnail for the save file. I was constantly amazed that Monolith was able to make such an ambitious and graphically stunning game on 1 single Wii disc. I even played a bit of the game upscaled on Dolphin, which looked even better, but even going back to playing on the Wii still looked great on my 47" LED TV.

I wish I could give custom surnames to characters for that textbook feel. Because DUNBAN UZUKI AM I RIGHT BOYZ

Needs a fix to Melia's AI to stop her from just standing around and doing nothing. The end-game quest where you find out about the giants needs some sort of better payoff as well. Bosses also tend to die at 50% health due to cutscenes - I'd like to see full boss fights rather than this.
I'd also like to be able to sacrifice party guage during combat in order to switch to another character, potentially.
They could maybe even add the arts callouts thing from XCX to change up the combat a bit but I don't think it's necessary.

Not sure I'd want to play this game through again for the extra content (at least not any time soon) since I've already sunk about 100 hours into it.

It's not that it's exclusive, hell I like that humor myself even if I find it a bit jarring to see it outside of animation, but my point is people use the wrong terms to criticize 2. All the games are anime-like, but 2 just borrows even more elements than before.

I also used the word cliche as well, not stereotypes because tropes was just faster to type.

>thinking the word trope originated with tvtropes

Attached: 1567862664020.jpg (818x503, 163K)

>because tropes was just faster to type.
Not only faster but also used incorrectly and flagging you from coming from a cancerous cispit
Go back.

>hate on the original
The bionis environments of the original are still amazing. It’s the characters that just look like shit in retrospect, but I looked past them while playing,

>thinking the word trope was used incorrectly before tvtropes
user...

Way better. Auron is sadly shit while Dunban is a god.

Name a more kino area.
youtube.com/watch?v=kBdO6uKdMl4

Attached: Valak_night.png (1280x800, 1.37M)

Auron was too much of an edgelord, hiding important plot details to Tidus because "reasons"
Dunban is cool yet also has a sarcastic goofy side to him

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 104K)

True.

Bingo. This is exactly right.

Auron got nothing about him aside from being a cool silent ronin. Dunban is just a cool dude that wants to do what is right, seeing as how the game starts with him he might as well could've been the main character

All they need to do is make Vanea playable and I guess give melia something good in her life so her fanbase will shut up about the NTR

I kinda want an explanation about that chamber, why was it in colony 9 to begin with?

Oh yeah and fuck birds, exploring only to be divebombed by a level 86 huge ass bird monster was not fun and their range is fucking huge

You're the one that needs to go back to your safespace just for getting triggered by a word. No one brought up that cesspool of a site before you did.

My dream would be different subtitles for the Jap audio version like Judge Eyes has, so that I don't have to live with the shitty 4kids-tier (((localized))) names.

Outside Mechonis Field was kino as fuck

The mechonis in the background was a 2D texture, not sure about the new game.

XC1 luckily doesn’t much difference in names, it’s the difference in some lines that messes things up

ehhhh I would like an improved form of Quest tracking. As well as the ability to "bank" XP you get from exploration and quests to cash in at certain spots, so you aren't constantly overleveled.

>that post Takeda retweeted
wholesome
also I didn't realize that Monolith was involved enough in XB1's localization process that the members of the NoE team met with developers

english dub > jap dub

Attached: fact.jpg (1280x720, 103K)

only delusional weebs think otherwise

raw > subs > dubs > shit > MINGE

Chad EU does it again, how can amerifat even compete?

I dunno, while I do enjoy the English dub the Jap dub does have Vegeta/Reinhard fighting Cell/Reuenthal

>You're the one that needs to go back to your safespace
I'm from Yea Forums, so I'm where I belong. You need to head back though.

Not really.

Personally, I think XBC2 improved on pretty much everything XBC1 offered. I really enjoyed the cast of XBC2 more, and I think when it comes to this kind of JRPG if you don't really care much for the story/cast. It becomes tedious to play. That is how I felt with XBC1 near the end of the game, when I decided to go back and do many of the side missions I left behind. I never felt XBC2 was a chore to play and I really appreciated all the effort that was put into fleshing out every single character, including all the blades. I also found the combat much more engaging in XBC2. All said, I felt that the world visuals and enemy designs were better in XBC1 and I agree that the first part of the story of XBC1 was better than 2. Reminded me of the first part of Xenogears which was pretty good.

Attached: xenoblade chuuni blade.jpg (1280x2160, 823K)

Literally only Shulk is better dubbed

You seem way too obssesed with other sites and get easily triggered by words to be from her- wait you really are from here

>cancer sites ruin discussion
>why would a discussion board user dislike that?

>I really enjoyed the cast of XBC2 more
>Chuuni "humour"
You need to be 18 or older to post here.

a prologue like torna but with dunban and the sword valley battle mite b cool
probably dlc though

Attached: 1563062100256.jpg (500x714, 71K)

You're the one who's evading discussion by obssesing over a different site, not me.

Is the Wii version worth playing nowadays or should I wait for the port?

Also how does it fit into the Xeno series? Should I start with Xenogears PS1 first or is Xenoblade a completely unrelated thing?

>zoomer hates goofy chuuni humor and thinks he is mature for it
Of course

>whining about anime cliche's on a Mongolian basket weaving forum
Go back to Yea Forums or reddit you pozzed tranny faggot.

>anything even remotely resembling anime
>"hurr this is trash"
Go back to Red Kek redemption, faggot

Bionis and Mechonis were almost always mostly modeled in like every area tho

I'd wait for the port, since it will have more content.
There's some loose connection that doesn't matter at all.

I’d say wait for definitive. Xenogears and Saga are unrelated for now.

I'm sorry but xenoblade 1 and 2 are way too much stupid anime shit for me to like them, I'd rather we get more games like X where you can completely ignore the story and your character doesn't even have to have party members if you don't want them to both games started promising but quickly devoved into circle jerking and the same tired cliches I've seen a million times, doesn't help that I hate Shulk and Rex as characters bland as paper yet get all the waifus

>Xenoblade 1 was anim-

Attached: e368ca84d8e3e4b9797581a6e32d1c8d.jpg (800x1200, 100K)

Eryth sea had a sprite

Seethe more fucking neckbeard weebs.

Attached: 1477333849519.png (477x724, 402K)

that's anime as fuck tho

Nothing wrong with the Nip voice acting. Never bothered with the Dub, no idea if it was good or not but they tend to be shit.

Says the guy seething about liking weebshit on Yea Forums unprompted.

You can barely glimpse the Mechonis from Eryth Sea so that makes sense.

Explain how any of that is not "anime"
Which is not a genre

born in a world of anime

>h-he looks cool, and anime isn't c-c-cool!

Using an old meme to make fun of someone is seething? You really ought to reconsider your use of that word.

Attached: 1451096336023.png (690x968, 900K)

I feel the same about Xenoblade 1, It's really just a collection of anime tropes and clichees with nothing being particularly bad but nothing being outsdanding either. Even the whole "world is giant monsters" thing gets old really fast and is spoiled to you literally 5 seconds into the game.

Xenoblade 1 is the The Last of Us of JRPGs.

I know a couple of Dunbanfags that hate anime or only like pre-2000s style. Wonder how they will cope with definitive Dunban.

Anime is not a genre
It Is not a art style
If Xenoblade 2 is what you consider "anime" then so is X, and so is 1.
And thus so is Xenosaga.
And thus so is Xenogears.
Stop being retarded.

Attached: anime1.jpg (448x347, 23K)

>old meme
Wew look at this oldfag

Holy fuck the amount of retardation in these posts

FFXV is the The Last of Us of JRPGs

>Xenoblade 1 is the The Last of Us of JRPGs.
So, it's an absolute masterpiece only hated by contrarians? Sounds about right.

x1 and x2 are the definition of a generic anime, how the fuck are people still debating this, either love it or get the fuck out. That being said I'm starting to understand why Eric hates this franchise so much, it's fanbase thinks it's golden and above anime when it's the same concept

>I know a couple of Dunbanfags that hate anime
Not real Xeno fans.

Attached: xenoisanime.png (609x773, 439K)

Xenogears had actually impressive cutscenes

>Even the whole "world is giant monsters" thing gets old really fast and is spoiled to you literally 5 seconds into the game.
It's not meant to be a spoiler, it's the basic setting of the game.

That being said, I kind of agree (aside from the retarded comparison to TLoU, just fucking say you think it's overrated), even as someone who likes the game a lot. The anime shit isn't too much of a negative for me, but the story was mostly unimpressive and predictable, albeit presented very well. I was kind of bewildered by all the praise it got.

>tourists that hate Xeno keep spouting about "tropes" but have nothing solid to actually talk about
Every time

Fact: if xenoblade was on sony Yea Forums would dismiss it as weebshit

>if X was on sony Yea Forums would dismiss it
No shit Sherlock.

I wouldn’t be buying nintendo consoles if Xeno was on playstation

>if SONY had games
Too alien to properly discuss

>XB1 was anim-

Attached: Sharla.png (609x1500, 902K)

Absolutely based.

Prequels are the biggest fucking waste of time.

e

-e

Attached: Riki_with_weapon.png (1784x1493, 2.1M)

rikki feel stupid

None of Shulk's allies beyond Duban and Fiora actually added anything to the plot.

Tora comparatively matters more than half of Shulk's entourage because the artificial blade side plot is carried to the very end.

Attached: 1563426664708.gif (500x232, 1.56M)

>None of Shulk's allies beyond Duban and Fiora actually added anything to the plot.
If you didn't play the game just say so.

Attached: DisgruntledDurian.png (899x983, 1.6M)

Do you people actually enjoy participating in the same argument day after day after day

where do you think we are

Swap Dunban for Melia and it's true. Personal motivations are fine (aside from Rikki), but narratively most of the cast can be written out with very little issue.

>Personal motivations are fine (aside from Rikki)
Wanting to support your family is a perfectly fine motivation. He's a mascot character, this shit doesn't have to be deep.

>Can't write out Dunban, Fiora, Reyn, Sharla, Melia
If you didn't play the game just say so. Saying you could change the plot to remove characters is not the same as the characters not having any role in the plot.

I am sure he is samefagging.

People say "where do you think you are" but honestly, its true
Ive seen people, the same people, argue about the same shit for months or even years

>the same people
Undercover mod confirmed.

You'd think they'd be tired of it by now.

Having a character that purely exists as a comic relief mascot is weird in and of itself in the context of the game, and it's even weirder when 2 didn't do the same thing with Tora despite being presented less seriously all around.

yes. why are you here.

i prefer Vegedunban and Cell face, sorry

I would like there to be some kind of cosmetic slot for armor. So that I don't have to run around with everybody in stupid looking clothes.

WHY THE FUCK IS SHE IN SPOILER MODE IN THAT IMAGE

This.
You usually looked absolutely ridiculous in serious cutscenes

Japanese one?

probably because her other official art makes her look like shulk in a wig

People are talking about their "role" in the plot not serving any narrative purpose. What's Sharla doing? Well her husband got turned into a Face. That's a fine story to tell, only problem is that we're already exploring that with Shulk, and every other hom for that matter.
If Reyn and Sharla got close and he actually struggled filling Gadolt's shoes, if Dunban actually struggled with a handicap instead of being a cool one-handed ronin, or something similar, the narrative would be better because those stories aren't already explored by Shulk. Imagine XC2 if everyone made a personal promise to bring Pyra to Elysium.

That'd be a nice quality of life improvement. Honestly the characters look fine in their starting equipment.

Personally I thought Jap Dunban was a total miscast, the voice doesn't suit him at all.
youtube.com/watch?v=vvUhCVkejIc
youtube.com/watch?v=8_syBQwHe9k
youtube.com/watch?v=NLwhDZwevEw
youtube.com/watch?v=WNAh9YOJHnY
youtube.com/watch?v=TO0KA1I4rp0
youtube.com/watch?v=BfUXeGPYvNQ

Thats only because Horikawa is old so his shouts sound odd, and you played the dub first

>XB1 wasn't anim-

Attached: DO_U_SEE_ANY_ANIME_HERE.jpg (1280x611, 114K)

You will get Muh Monado and Muh Fiora instead

God, I wish that was me.

Can't wait to see remastered melly

SNNNIIIFFFFFFFFFF
You just know her eggs are salmonella free.

Attached: melia 2345423243243.jpg (340x913, 139K)

The amount of ZR in this game is amazing.

Reminder that Xenoblade 1 isn't anime at all.

Attached: 1567284160814.jpg (919x1300, 1.65M)

If they acknowledge it's anime they can no longer shitpost the rest of the Xeno series.

oh fuck. i just figured out that this remake is actually gone give me all the porn i want. i only have like 3 amazing fiora and mellia pics

>should we unfuck the models to make them better represent original art?
>nah just make it really anime

What original art?

>2 bandwagoners trying to be revisionists and claiming that Xenoblade 1 was anime

IT IS NOT

Attached: SX4J01-2171.jpg (926x794, 110K)

I dunno, have you tried looking at the OP?
I won't deny that it's better than the muddy faces of the original, but that's not saying much.

>everyone that calls XC1 anime is a 2 bandwagoner
Stay mad

Attached: 1447542186898.png (974x566, 726K)

X bandwagoner here, you're all fags and I won't be playing your shit.

Based and Xpilled.

Attached: Xenoblade X Cinegrid 2.jpg (3989x2529, 3.94M)

Best boy.

Attached: EC7I0xyUYAAMaGJ.jpg (592x938, 72K)

The original art was based on the models you dingbat

Not just based on it, some art was literally just touched up images of the models.

Doesn't matter, it was already there, official, and looked presentable. No need to redo it entirely.

i cant get over how x did monster levels. like for instance for the quest three celeste, you defeat a few lvl 20's to proof you can defeat buy. BUT guy turns out to be lvl 27???
EVEN WORSE IS THAT YOU CANT REACH HIM WITHOUT AGGROING LVL 56 FLYING DUDES. like it was a complete gamble if i could even reach him. only 1-2 part members will survive the trip,

same with other quests. after chapter 6 you should be like lvl 25 or something but the skell licences quest right after makes you kill lvl 11 guys. like wtf.

this happens constantly. the monster level design and layout is beyond atrocious.