Anyone play console games on a 1440p monitor? how is it?

Anyone play console games on a 1440p monitor? how is it?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 148K)

Other urls found in this thread:

asus.com/us/Monitors/ROG_SWIFT_PG278Q/
microcenter.com/product/478859/xf270hu-27-wqhd-144hz-dvi-hdmi-dp-freesync-gaming-led-monitor
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It looks pretty assy. Even 1080p looks kinda shit on a 1440p monitor. Depends on how big the monitor and how far away you are sitting though. If you are playing console game to begin with though you probably won't even be able to tell a difference.

27 inch monitor. pc games rendered at 1080p on a 1440p look extremely shitty but what about console games?

They will look the same user.

Nice, I'm upgrading from a TN 1080p/144hz to an IPS 1440p/144hz

Only get an ultrawide if you play simulators (space sims/race sims) or MMOS more than anything, otherwise your time may not be so great. I took the leap around 2013 and games just straight up refused to use it, hell, overwatch/blizzard still thinks it's cheating, but more and more games are starting to support it, as long as the dev cares about PC of course. Things like Destiny 2 and Warframe, even "xbox play anywhere games" like Forza support it, but then you still have your esports games and ported JRPGs that force you to letterbox it. That last bit is what console is like. I have two ultrawides, (older one being the second screen), and sometimes i play PS4 or Xbox One on it while waiting in queues for FFXIV, it's alright, but nothing I'd ever recommended just for consoles. Can get a better 4k TV on the market, decent size, that'll do both PC and console good. Ultrawide still has a bit of catching up to do, as do console. I doubt next gen will support it. Anyways, nice blogging.

what about just a normal 16:9 1440p monitor?

Link me a good 144hz monitor I’m tired of playing my pc on a 32 inch 60hz tv

for 1440p/144hz get an acer xf270hu(if you're close to a microcenter0 or ifyou're a pleb and wanna stick to 1080p get a viewsonic xg2402

This is what I have, and I think it is great.
asus.com/us/Monitors/ROG_SWIFT_PG278Q/

It's nice (MG279Q) for me, but I rarely get 144 fps in modern games. Still feels good having a relevant monitor for years to come.

All look good and would consider buying them but I’m wondering what would be best for my machine. I’m a brainlet and had a friend build my PC all I know is that I have a gtx 1070 and and i5 8600k, would any of these monitors work?

Yes any of them would work. If you play at 1440p instead of 1080p though there will be more of a performance hit. With a 1070 though you should be fine playing most games at that resolution though.

Also you can still use your 32 inch tv as a second display for watching shit while you game, or just having more area to work.

what about someone with a just a regular gtx 1080?

Why microcenter0?

yes a 1080 would be fine too. I have a 1440p display and have a 980ti and I am still able to play every game I want at 1440p above 60fps and still have 2 other monitors.

they're the only ones that sell the IPS version for dirt cheap it's basically discontinued

Cool, are your other 2 monitors 144hz or 60hz? if they are 60hz does it annoy you mixing refresh rates?

>Playing esports on PC
Lol, fuck off.

Cool I have one near me. Does the box say if it’s IPS? How can you tell?

My other two monitors are 1080p 60hz, I don't game on them, just use them for browser, work, discord, etc. Mixing refresh rates is fine. You might notice the mouse is a little less smooth on the 60hz monitors, that's it. Playing a game on them though the difference is VERY noticeable.

hmmm what's wrong with that?

They don't sell the TN version here's the link
microcenter.com/product/478859/xf270hu-27-wqhd-144hz-dvi-hdmi-dp-freesync-gaming-led-monitor

Because there is literally no skill involved. A casual gamer getting 240 fps can shoot more accurately than a professional gamer getting 60 fps. It's not skill based, it's like an MMO gear check. At least on consoles everyone is on a level playing field.

the monitor isn't locked to 1440p. If you use a console it switches to 1080p or whatever res it runs on. Looks just like any other monitor/tv but more responsive if you have a gaming monitor.

relax all of that doesn't matter unless you're going pro lol

lmao this is one of the most retarded things i've read on this board.

Looks good gonna pick it up thanks for the help user!

>nice
You like shit?

I played on a 1440p and a 144hz monitor.

I returned the 1440p one. It's just not as noticable unless you're going 27+ inches on a monitor.

not shitty shit.

At medium maybe

those things aren't mutually exclusive...

Nah everything at high or ultra, and I don't use anti-aliasing because it feels pointless at 1440p. Only game I have issues with is Battlefield 5, but it's actually my CPU bottlenecking, not the GPU. 980ti is still a really solid card.

It's the sad truth. When it comes to gaming on PC you can only go so far with a shitty monitor and PC. PC gaming is becoming like professional photography. You're only as good as your equipment. Shroud even tried playing games at 60-100 fps and he can't stand it. Its was shocking to me how much shittier he became. You need at least 200+ fps to play games good which means you need a good pc and a monitor that can display all those frames.

what cpu do you have?

Why the fuck are people so obsessed with tn panel

You're talking about a guy that chokes on tournaments and retired to be a twitch streamer so he can get easy kills and tons of easy money.

doesnt really make any difference unless you exclusively play fps games

watchu mean bro?

I had an i5-6600K when I first got BF5 and I was getting around 28-40fps with crazy stuttering, but it was at any resolution. I upgraded to an i7-8700K and now I get around 70fps. The game itself is fucking glitchy as shit though on PC and still has stuttering issues. I haven't played it in about 6 months but I don't think it has improved. But that was the most demanding game I've played recently, that and MHW which I also got 70-80fps in, everything maxed except volumetric lighting.

load up whatever FPS game you have and try it at 60 fps and then 240fps. You will instantly know what's up. It feels like your guns shoot faster and you recover from recoil more easily.

Lol, you :"pwn nubs" in Fortnite with your 240 hz monitor and think you have skill.

np enjoy

There is a difference though between playing all the time at one refresh rate and switching, or just having the shitty refresh rate and playing with that and getting good. I do agree that higher refresh rate helps with gameplay in very fast games, but not to the point that some casual could beat someone who is a pro just because they swapped monitors. It doesn't work like that.

The "wall" in PC gaming is typing 90WPM and getting at least 180ms reaction time. The rest is literally up to your money. You will never be the best once you get past the wall and still have shitty PC components that cant push games to high FPS.

You were the only one with that low of fps with the i5.

You clearly didn't seat it correctly and a more demanding game was showing this to you, and you side stepped the actual issue by "upgrading" to a cpu that barely will do better with a game like BFV.

>You clearly didn't seat it correctly and a more demanding game was showing this to you.
You are actually retarded user.

the wall is being restricted to how bad your internet is, i completely agree

I primarily use an ultrawide for work purposes, but vidya support has gotten a lot better over the years.