Anyone tried the playstation classic? Is it worth getting?

Anyone tried the playstation classic? Is it worth getting?
What about the mini n64, any news on that?

Attached: astra-exodus.jpg (1600x928, 208K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rdjYk-fle1o
twitter.com/AnonBabble

i got a ps classic on prime day for 30 bucks. if you hack it it becomes ok, but the base console is shit. theres an adapter you can buy to use a ds4 or an xbox controller on it too

Shit because the controller is bad or lack of games?

Shit because of the way they did it. Stuff like games being randomly from different regions, and if you ignore hacking, a shitty selection of games

Got one for my younger brother, modded and loaded it with genesis, snes, and psx games for a nice little emulation box to take around wherever

it emulates very choppy, and the selection of games is abysmal

Can you erase the games in nand and put your own already?

No. Just emulate on PC or hack a PS3 and load rooms that way. Or be /based/ and mod an actual PS1 and play on a crt.

you stick a thumbdrive into the second controller port, and use it to put on retroarch

If you don't already have a cheap emubox for older systems, go for it. It's super cheap and takes 5 minutes to set up.

I know, but its awkward and i still see the shit games

What This guy said

>doesn't even have that polygon smoothing emulators have
>no pyro or crash
>no thumbsticks
Total shit. What else can you expect from Sony.

It's quite literally just a tiny PC running linux and a very bad emulator that isn't even up to date.

The "news" on "the mini N64" is that it doesn't and most likely won't exist at all.

I have it and it's worth it. Been playing a lot on it.

Just install retro arch

It's peak Sony copying.
>Nintendo does something that sells well
>Sony copies it, misses the point entirely and it flops

Use auto bleem and this thing becomes priceless.

The official emulator is shit and some of the games included are inexplicably the 50Hz PAL versions. Hacking it makes it slightly better but you're still better off getting a RasPi over this turd.

Yes, bleemsync can get rid of the default games.

You aren't gonna get a pi for the same price. This does an excellent job once you hack it. And yeah they did include some euro versions but that doesn't matter since you can just replace that shit.

Worth it if you use autobleem w/Retroarch already inside. Takes less than 5 min. Autobleem also let's you use hi res and pixel smoothing, so there's that.

If you can get on sale for $20, I think it's worth it just for the controllers and HDMI cable

the 50hz frame limit can be disabled with the internal emulator controls. Set to NTSC instead of auto and turn off frameskip.
You can get most everything to run at good framerates easily as long as you can get to the hidden options menu, but right out of the box it's crap.
With Bleemsync/Retroarch installed it's fucking awesome. The controllers alone are worth it, but it makes an excellent emulator box when you can add games and tune settings more easily.

That polygon smoothing requires quite a bit of CPU power and the PS Classic is quite literally a Sony smart TV mainboard in a PSX-shaped case. It's just barely faster than an RPi.

Which is the best hack? Autobleem or Bleemsync?

It's heads or tails. I'm personally using autobleem ultimate 0.71
It works for me. I just load up retro and play games.

Plays the games already on there too so you don't have to download those ones.

It's easily the worst of the "Classic" systems so far, the emulation is horrendous.

What fucking storage should I be using to hack it? I want at least 128GB.

It plays ps1 games worse than the snes classic.

You can use even the shittiest flash drive and it'll work alright. I'm literally using this piece of shit and it works absolutely great with anything I load up on it that has a decent core. It's doesn't matter what base junk is on it since once you put retro on the thing you'll never bother using the default emulator ever again.

Been playing snes / nes / gamegear / n64 / ps1 / arcade stuff like battle circuit / gameboy / gba / sega cd all day long on this thing. You really can't beat the value of buying one of these things for 20 bucks and loading it up. I personally would get a samsung evo sd card or something to slap into the 2nd slot with an adapter of some kind. Or you can just throw a flash drive in it. Doesn't matter. I'm using some cheap garbage with slow transfer speeds and it works fine. The base emulator is trash. The videos showing people installing retro arch on classic snes is literally the same thing you can do on this thing. Both minis are basically the same thing but the ps1 classic has way more ram.

sony fucked very bad since the games are pal so they run slow

Attached: 745.png (327x316, 188K)

It's pretty cheap, I hacked it so my nephew can play emulated and ps1 games. I'm worried about the controls though, they feel they won't last long.
I know the PSC did bad, but I really hope we get a PS2 classic one day. It would be cool since I missed that generation.

It's the emulator itself. They picked some shitty core. If you load up retro arch and pick another one the games run fine. It's especially fucking noticable in tekken 3 and ridge racer. They sure fucking didn't test this shit before they shipped it. I feel like they just threw in some png boxarts and shipped it. Their fuck up is my gain though. Can't beat 2 controllers, hardware, a case an hdmi cable and usb mini for 20 bucks. Just the cables alone run you more if they're not shit.

ps2 emulation is WAY too fucking trash for them to attempt a ps2 classic.

you need an old usb drive to hack it the first time and then you need a cable with miniusb f/m and usb f so you can use the back port to use any usb you want.
the usb ports on the front have a low amperage for some reason so not all usbs will work with them

I hope they are that shameless then.

It's not about being shameless. It's that anything worth playing is too fucked up. You'd end up with garbage like the dmc hd collection or worse versions of ff8 remaster. The ps classic is actually worth buying over that by a longshot since you can just literally load ff8 onto it and play a superior version of the game.

The downside is companies like Sony take these failures as a sign that people didn't want it, rather than accepting they fucked up.
Japanese companies especially.

They'll be ok. This is just another psp happening and people don't realize it.

You mean Vita? PSP was a huge success.
Unless you mean the people hacking it to death, then yes I suppose like the PSP in that regard.

>Anyone tried the playstation classic?
You mean emulators?
They work fine.

Attached: 1557399776490.png (976x658, 283K)

I bought the classic just for that reason. The guy who sold it to me immediately knew I was getting it strictly to mod the hell out of it. Probably is posting here right now.

I don't pay money for emulators

When you start it up, does it do the bootup sound?

youtube.com/watch?v=rdjYk-fle1o

YAR HAR FIDDLE DEE DEE

The included set of games is shit.

>buying this when you can emulate better from pc
i dont understand