Gears 5 campaign discussion

SPOILER VERSION

I am so fucking tired of this shit. Write a fucking concrete, solid story, and stick with it. Having to choose a character to save when there’s clearly a sequel on the horizon fucks everything up. If you choose to save Del, and they make Del’s death canon, the only way to experience the true ending is to play it again or watch it on YouTube. They aren’t going to make two different games based around this one choice.

(Oh, and the matriarch fight in the ice cave was the best boss fight of 2019).

Attached: B22880D8-3654-4440-A731-5A431B85A25C.jpg (1509x1905, 687K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/BonnieJeanMah
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

You shoot bad guy. Game ends

Attached: 79d8d5ebf19a2c537c4e078ea8f55aa5-1200-80.jpg (1190x672, 154K)

I wish Fez or whatever the fuck his name was would have died.

I chose to save JD because to me, that made to the most sense. He still had to redeem himself. Del doesn't have anything to prove, he's just a Baird replacement. I guess if they had tried to shoehorn in some bullshit love triangle it would have made the choice more interesting but I felt like I had no reason to save Del.

>Ending the Fenix bloodline in the name of feminism
Good shit

wouldnt know im asking for a refund

>take white male protag from the last game (who is also the original protag’s son)
>make him a jackass
>make him incompetent
>replace him with strong, powerful woman of color as the protag of the next game
>kill him
based Coalition dabbing on dudebros and their own sales figures - sacrificing their financial success to make a powerful social and political statement takes real balls

Attached: CB6C04C9-3475-4B63-9DB3-9245FA513F55.jpg (716x724, 32K)

heres the story

OH NO NO NO LMAO

Attached: 1558301602770.jpg (3840x2160, 765K)

Did you expect anything better?

twitter.com/BonnieJeanMah

Thats what you get when you get rid of the devs that actually love the games and bring in the low skilled diversity hires who dont give a fuck about games, just their hatred for male culture.

discussing?
this game?
on Yea Forums?

Attached: 1566522382971.png (399x322, 42K)

gow3 was the last one I played. played the multiplayer for years. gow2 was based as fuck. I can't believe they're still shitting out these nu-gears games. From what I've seen, 5 looks exactly the same as 4 and TC caters to muh competitive scene. Let the franchise fucking die already jesus christ

MP kicked you from every game 2 days aftet launch and now its not tracking any progress
Absolute shitshow

If you save Del you're a retard

Yep I'm grinding tour of duty pretty quickly and now it won't even track kek

The best part of the game was Cole jumping a motorcycle strapped with explosives right into a Swarmak's mouth, while screaming "IT'S DINNER TIME BITCH!"
Everything after that was a disappointment.

Attached: Cole_.png (739x941, 761K)

Any woke propaganda? Any stronk WAHMEN bullshit from the vagtagonist?

It took twice as long as advertised to finish the game in co-op with my buddy because if the constant disconnects. Tried MP and ran into the tracking issue.

Fuck I miss Epic Games

No fucking way

Attached: 4D7C14AB-A7BB-4268-B38B-F4F6D77339A3.jpg (400x310, 21K)

that scene was based as fuck

They torpedo JD’s character to make Kait look better. Also either JD or Del dies at the end.

How long would you say the campaign is? I'm at the part with the snowmobile thing

Aside from her hijacking the story about an hour in, no, but you kinda expected that to happen based on the trailers and the ending of 4

>SPOILER VERSION
Let me guess, some sexist white male will steal the womans achievement and successfully pass it like it is his own because out of touch right wing publishers hate progress and want to keep living in their manchild bubble, ignoring that over half of gamers are women, right?

10-15 hours roughly. It got hard to keep track after a while because of the near constant dropouts

distracting you from more retarded smash spam and twitter threads, user?

Man this cover is so shit
Guy to the left looks like he is from a ps2 screenshot, tranny menacingly looking at you isnt helping either

>”I hate deserts.....and men”.

Attached: 5E560CB2-E11F-4C4E-9E94-A6EA7D167618.jpg (750x742, 36K)

I'll be surprised if they don't kill Marcus in a pathetic humiliating way next game.

This is a Nintendie/Eceleb board. Gears is an improvement.

>strong, powerful woman
Kait is frail as shit, she would have killed herself if Del didn't talk her out of it
>they don't kill Marcus in a pathetic humiliating way next game.
Dev confirmed that Marcus is off limit for the chopping block

I literally just finished the story mode and they managed to subvert my expectations by ending the game at act 4 instead of having 5 acts like usual. Personally, I think JD is fucking boring and I didn’t mind playing as Kait. Final boss sucks, ending was lame. Didn’t hate the desert level or the ice level (even if they’re very long). I’m surprised they didn’t have a Dom cameo.

When Kait spits in a dudes face and calls him a pussy and the guy says "Yes Queen youre right, the white race must be extinct." and he shoots himself in the head.

Depends what world. The snowmobile parts are the middle chunk of the game

We are playing Gears over at /gowg/! Come join the fun and grab a bro to play the story with or bounce on some sweaty mexicans in MP.

Attached: breaker mace.webm (1300x548, 2.96M)

The game doesn't even feel like propaganda, it's just the devs doing marketing
Act 2 was the best Gears has ever been. The talk about JD while feeling like you vs the frozen wasteland was fantastic. Kind of a shame Act 3 feels like Gears 4 writing wise

>only non bonus characters are kait marcus jd fahz del and jack and the hiverbuster crew.
Imagine if they make us pay for the other OG gears.

the black guy was immemorable to say the least and what I remember of him in gears 4 was not pleasant

>Down
>Only Del Npc is left
>The A.I decides to charge instead of helping me
>Rekt

Why would anyone pick Del? and I bet they are making JD death canon so it is the more sad when they kill Marcus in the next game, like Dom.

Oh and why Kate looks more like a tranny with every game? how come that transexuals became such a prominent force in vidya? How?

Sorry for the pol bit but all the new characters piss me off. It is like every meme about millennials.

I liked when kait said "sir, finishing this fight" and the credits played very climatically

Attached: cf5b4044eda7da26-600x338.png (600x338, 284K)

>Let the franchise fucking die
I do not know which was the bigger kick in the balls.
Gow4 prologue showing off all these cool settings they could had used before they drop on us we are going to play the millennial scooby doo gang.
or Gow 5 as it is.

Devs confirmed that Marcus will never die

Why would you need to replay the game especially when it sounds like a tiny gimmicky "YOU CHOOSE WHO LIVES" decision that hardly ever actually changes the scope of the game.

>Makes JD more interesting
>Yea Forums thinks it's an attack on White people
>Kait was already the protag of 4
>Becomes the main playable character and Yea Forums spazzes out
>The black person is literally the most boring in the game and Fahz is a douche
God you guys are fucking dumb

>and they managed to subvert my expectations
What did user mean by that?
Subvert expectation is literally corporate talk for "we disappointed our target audience"

5 is the best story and level design wise. I doubt you even played it

So are you canucks shilling your game rather than unfucking the games servers?

>Call someone out for their horseshit post
>Am therefore a shill
Gears 4 was fucking garbage, as were the other Gears games bar 2. 5 is unironically the best one Campaign wise

Fahz reminded me of that dumbass britbong youtuber that got his channel deleted for pranking people with fake acid attacks

Act I - Good
Act II - Absolute Kino. The best act in the series
Act III - Good and Great. Certain locations were better than the others and rising the skiff through the storm was a wild ride.
Act IIII - Great for the first half and then with you know what happening turns that entire act into an immediate pile of shit.

That's funny.

Act 3 falls short for me because the entire arc around JD becoming the very thing he hated is almost completely sidelined. Punished JD was a great place to go for an otherwise boring character, so It pissed me off.

Different user but I agree. Even if Gears 5 ending was disappointing It was more engaging than 4. The semi open world sections were neat, even if they feel weird in a game where movement is restricted

>best story
No.

I mean you are either a shill or a legit retard if you think 5 has the best story and levels. Just because 4 was shit as well doesn't mean 5 being a bit better means its the best.

None of the other games come close except Gears 2. Even then they were awkwardly written and painfully linear and dry

Thrashball game starring Cole when?

So who's death is canon?

it has to be del.

Good

Not that user but for the sake of discussion.
What were the best things about Gow4?
For what I remember...
[and when I have trouble remembering a game that I played less than two years ago I know I am off to a bad start]

The prologue was awesome, pendulum war, emergence day and anvil gate with GOOD GRAPHICS was alone worth the price of entry.

The electric storm showcasing the engine, pretty good.

Dumbass robots...which were set to kill for some reason rather than detain? oh and hippies.

Something, something, spooky house.

Something about Marcus and a helicopter and some robot lady who wanted to kill them.

Then an underground section with the new locusts.

The crystal brumak was very cool on Insane.
The giant robots, dumb but in a good way.
Then something about slime and the ending.

Meanwhile I still remember most of Gow2.

I'm no poltard but this shit legitimately made me mad. Him being killable at all felt like some big statement

>a black guy can be canonically dead in gears 5
Yeah right.

The old characters are SO much better than the new cast

fahz kind of felt like an old character because he's just a macho dick.

Then what does it mean that the black guy can die you fucking mong

This, I'm contemplating not buying this game because it feels like SJW propaganda, the 19 fag flags doesn't help.

It's not, the only remotely SJW sounding thing is
Don't listen to Yea Forums on this one Also just use game pass trial instead of $60

>Gears
>over the top dudebro shit
>everyone is fucking roided out and have beefhead personalities
>game is fun because their personalities and the gameplay match well, and their interactions were funny
>MP is fun as fuck and competitive, people are all toxic and it's fun

>nu-Gears
>basedboys bow to women
>nobody has any muscle
>cringe dialog
>"dude, women are so badass" tier cringe storytelling and gameplay
>game isn't as satisfying
>boring as shit
>MP sucks ass

Makes you think

it's not, but you shouldn't buy it anyway, just get gamepass, it's a bit short but still fun. it's absolutely not SJW propoganda at all, the worst thing that happens is kait saying "you can't control me I'm doing what I want bla bla bla". but main character breaking protocol to do what they want happens in every game. there's no trannies, most of the characters are still white men.

Protag doesn't always mean main character you autistic nigger

You didn't even play Gears 5, hell, you probably didn't even play a Gears game in your life. Go choke on a dick and stop letting Yea Forums form your opinions, you waste of space.

Okay, I was worried for a little bit, but I also find is based that the game automatically saves JD if you don't choose so I hope that means I get to play the Fenixs' again along with Kait in Gears 6. I always felt Del was just there, him not being in the E3 2015 demo of Gears 4 just says it more.

It literally doesn't matter. Kait was the main focus of 4, so people complaining that they have to play as her for some PC reasoning is beyond retarded. I'd argue it was retarded to not play as her in 4 to begin with.

dell is just another boring le science nerdy sidekick.

I find it unbelievable that the mexican larping as an eskimo in the frontier wouldn't have everyone be armed to fight off the DAILY attacks.

Attached: Gears5_2019-09-08_14-50-56.jpg (2560x1440, 733K)

Seethe harder fagboy.

If I save JD, I can continue the Fenix line so JD and Kait can make babies as they were always meant to do with the third wheel out of the picture.

No, dummy. Subvert expectation is non-mong talk for something doing a thing you didn't expect. Not necessarily good or bad

>kait getting BLEACHED

would redeem everyone

nah game would have been way more kino if she became the swarm queen

the BFC and its power can make the next generation to finish off the swarm

>it feels like SJW propaganda
That's because it is.

>it's absolutely not SJW propoganda
The lead character literally looks like a tranny.
There are a bunch of fag flags.
It kinda is but not as bad as MK, they went subtle with it.

It is worth the $2 of the gamepass I guess. I am disappointed because I did want to buy the ultimate edition. I actually have friends to play this one.

> giving a shit about this series after GOW 3

>Looks like a tranny
No she doesn't
>There are a bunch of fag flags.
So what? I don't like that but it doesn't exactly shove itself in your face

Good to know, I had not seen it used positively until today. Still brings memories of TLJ so....

>Stealth section into turret section into MC bitching into stealth section into turret section into MC bitching into stealth section into turret section into MC bitching and repeat
>Good story

Attached: __original_drawn_by_neonbeat__a896cddfc64eb2d9da5bb26cc290a602.jpg (4000x3000, 670K)

>playing Tears of War

Attached: 1446070755955.gif (320x193, 1.79M)

>No she doesn't
In Mike Stoklasa voice:
THERE IS A GUY IN MY GYM THAT LOOKS LIKE KAIT!

He looks like a young Philippine man.

>Level design that literally never happens
>Then confuses that with story

how does COG punish insubordination?

Ive heard people say this but its not true. I tested it the when i was playing, if you dont choose someone the you just fail the level.

So its SJW propaganda because the girl isn't cute enough for you and the devs made a token nod to a group of people crying about lack of representation in games?

Sounds like maybe you're just too sensitive to play videogames, pal

you're not my pal buddy

As far as I can tell, by providing weapons and transport because only angry rogue soldiers are able to get anything important done.

>Caring about Gears of Bore at all
It's the same shit every game. I got bored before I even finished the first game.

1 and 2 are GOAT, I didn't like 3 all that much.

>Le gameplay and level design has nothing to do with the execution of the story

Ah. I see.

Attached: download.jpg (217x233, 11K)

Multiplayer for the first three games was amazing. What happened?

I love things alot more if it subverts my expectations. Silent Hill 2 would be a lesser game if it was just Silent Hill again. Evangelion wouldn't be remembered today if it was just another mech show. People getting blindsided by Bridge to Terabithia because Amerisharts dont read was fun.

Problem is it seems today it means shitting up something you didnt even make.

the social component is gone. you could say the worst things possible to someone and then go on with your day or become friends. the games are more polished now, less janky and 60fps but half of the fun in multiplayer gaming is seeing how people interact. now youre not allowed to type fuck with the in game chat, but the characters can cuss all they want. and the blood is toned down. there is a less of a vision, just a product made by bug people who worship funkos and star wars and all think the same. they are there to get a paycheck, and then make something to keep that paycheck. people who cry at soijak, these are the type of people handling all the big series like gears, halo, assassins creed, call of duty, battlefield etc now.

Fag here. Having more than one pride flag is absolutely retarded let alone fucking 19 of them.

JD is Marcus fucking Fenix son. The black guy is irrelevant

Damage control starting already lol

Attached: 93AB85BA-5ECE-47C0-BF39-6B1EC4D20358.jpg (486x400, 134K)

OH NO NO NO NO

Attached: 6E87F499-3529-4CAD-A27D-55C64394FECE.jpg (225x225, 9K)

its queers of woke now

Act II was fucking incredible and then the game just dies. A single heartbeat comes back for a ride through the windflares and lightning and then it dies again.

I like jd, the only way I think killing him off could have worked is if Marcus was still the main protag, could have been pretty dramatic but Marcus reacted more when Dom died. At the very least I hope they do a vote like they did with gow3 Carmine and have people decide who was canon, it's still retarded regardless, cunts.

Killing Del was deeply satisfying. I didn't even hesitate. I giggled like a schoolgirl when his neck snapped.

The soft reboot was already bad, but now I really don't give a fuck about the franchise going forward. I'm not playing as Kate again and Del is bland archetype. Not even Game Pass will get me back into this garbage which extends far beyond JD's handling as a character.

>I hope they do a vote like they did with gow3 Carmine and have people decide who was canon,

Are you out of your fucking mind? Let's have a vote to see whether the black or white guy lives.
You know exactly how that shit is going to turn out.

JD was vastly improved in this game.

I haven't started Gears 5 yet. Is Kate as much as an unbearable cunt as she was in 4? She is worse than Lightning in characterization.

She has the mentality of a 10 year old when they don't get what they want and I found their character selfish in Gears of War 4.

Most of the people on YouTube are saying they would never do that to Marcus. You're probably right, I said at the very least because I know the devs are woke retards so...

This will be like Castlevania and Jojo where there will always be a Fenix line to kill the Locust.

You probably won’t like Kait in this one based on how you felt about 4 (i don’t remember her enough in 4 to determine how bad she was). I think she’s fine in this game but she definitely is more or less the same character.

White people are over tho sweetie..

Not really. There's like 2 times in the game where she's a complete prick, both of which are against JD, but it never felt like it was unwarranted story wise and never treated like she was wholly innocent. She's not a Mary Sue

Ah shit, Del better be the canon death when Gears 6 comes around.

Ree

>69 euros

lol no