Is this worth four dollars?

Is this worth four dollars?

Attached: d7c268f4cdb64ce586e4b2bbe9c47beded712fdf.jpg (616x353, 36K)

Where $4?

Yes, I put 800 hours into DS1 for 15 bucks on a sale years ago, so 4 dollars is a steal

Stream it live for Yea Forums

Attached: seductive-man-greeting-his-hat-13648305.jpg (1300x957, 124K)

>800 hours
did you max out all your attributes or something wtf

>"Remastered" with worse textures
>Added DaS3's invasion system
>Still doesn't come with the DLC
If you're okay with playing a fucked up version, go for it.

Just making a bunch of different characters and replaying the game several times, it's fun

Not him, but I hit 200 on Dark Souls 3 just doing two playthroughs. I'm assuming he did several different builds, or tried and beat NG+7.

If you have only played it on console and you have no decent pc, then yes. The graphics are nothing special, but it now runs at 60 fps and there is no blighttown.ppt anymore.

>>Still doesn't come with the DLC
but that's wrong

you guys are something else lol. i only hit 200 on all three games combined

ye

Not that user and it's the original version but the point still stands. The game is really fun to replay / play with strangers.

>>Still doesn't come with the DLC
Post like this are why you shouldn't give Yea Forums any credibility about anything.

Attached: Captura.jpg (493x166, 11K)

>Still doesn't come with the DLC
I'm sure it does. Prepare to Die edition on PC came with it. I only bought the remaster for online play, seen as you can no longer buy the Prepare To Die edition on Steam all my mates have the remaster. It was only $4 though, so no sweat. I haven't started it yet, but if there's no DLC that's retarded, I'm sure it's included. There are screenshots of it on the store page.

>you guys are something else lol. i only hit 200 on all three games combined
I'm a dumb fuck and have bought DS2 like three times. I got it on PS3 on release, then I got it on PC, and then I bought Scholar of the First Sin. I've recently set up a second PC at a desk near my own - I have a friend who comes over every Thursday and we co-op through a few hours of souls. And by co-op, I mean play along side each other offline until NG+ summoning, because we're autistic. We're playing the games backwards as well for some unknown reason.

Attached: Dark Souls.png (1025x110, 123K)

wrong pic

Attached: Capture.jpg (1931x1062, 213K)

soulsfags are retarded

>I'm a dumb fuck
We know.

What kind of autist plays a game for more than 100 hours? No game was ever designed with this kind of massive timesink in mind. What do you even remember about your experiences past the 300th hour? Or 100th playthrough?

isn't there a 60fps cap in it?

i'm and my first run in Remastered took me 100 hours alone because of how bad the game was pwning me

rude

SotFS any good btw? vanilla was really great

It’s worth $50 honestly just to be able to play this masterpiece in hd on a modern console.

It's the same game but with rearranged enemies and items and the DLC included.
Some are pretty good (being able to use infusions early in the game instead of waiting until finishing the iron keep) and some are lame (they pretty much removed almost all the enemies on the corridor leading to Velstadt).

>SotFS any good btw? vanilla was really great
It's not that much different, you'll love it if you liked the original. If you didn't get to play the DLC, those are all thrown in. New enemy placement spices things up a bit, every now and again it's a let down though. The new final boss is cool, along with the Pursuer spawning multiple times in different places. Online is different too, doubt it's super active these days, but with the recent sale maybe. Co-op's just as good if not better.

I think it's $15 atm, worth grabbing if you think you'll play it again. No point replaying the original now that this is a thing.

What kind of casual thinks 100 hours is a lot? 100 hours, especially on something like a multiplayer game, is child's play. Tons of games were designed with that kind of timesink in mind. All the most watched games on Twitch are those kind of games. 100 hours is nothing. With a game like Dark Souls specificly 100 hours is like the bare minimum required to experience everything the game has to offer.

do i lose my prepared to die edition copy if i buy the remastered?

Nope

Attached: dark souls.jpg (278x79, 7K)

yea it actually does look better

thanks. im tempted to get it because the dsfix on the original causes screen tearing and nothing seems to fix it

The multiplayer is more active on the remaster too, if you're into that.

for $4 you could get two nice tacos and that's more enjoyment you'll ever get from this outdated piece of trash

nah i dont give a shit about pvp. i dont mind cooping every now and then

Imagine being on Yea Forums and thinking 100hrs playtime is a lot

Attached: F6D3D4B2-49A0-464B-B1B2-CF1D4058821A.jpg (540x720, 33K)

Sounds like you've never played any MMO, RPG, fighting game, or even fucking Monster Hunter

Attached: 1512703696708.gif (156x190, 671K)

>Gee I wonder how many hours in souls I ha-
aw fuck

Attached: NOT ENOUGH SOULS, Strangah.png (447x575, 359K)

>No game was ever designed with this kind of massive timesink in mind.
literally every jrpg in existence is that long or even more.

>The multiplayer
is gay.

It is a lot for single player games.

Not only is Dark Souls not single player, it's almost 10 years old.

fuck no

Attached: sif.jpg (1281x658, 48K)

Dark Souls multiplayer is so trash it might as well be singe player.

its much worse

Attached: 3.png (2583x625, 1.44M)

>I got cockstomped by an invader and so I played offline for the rest of the game, fuming.

Attached: sens.png (1876x420, 1006K)

play ptde with dsfix and wulf's connectivity mod

I just got it off the sale and I've basically spent the whole game tanking hits, used a slow sword and leveled vitality but now I'm up to Gwyn and the tactics I've used all game suddenly don't work. What do?
>inb4 parry
I'm not gonna learn how to parry right before the final boss.

Get better armor.

More like
>some guy teleported behind me and backstabs me because the multiplayer is a fucking joke

Also I played the entire game online and I only got invaded like 5 times max because the invasions are bugged as fuck.

Black knight armor is the best I can find without fat rolling.

Easy to learn parrying if you go hang out with the Silver Knights in Anor Londo, they're the easiest enemies in the game to parry.

Gwyn is overwhelming if you're not rolling correctly, parrying, or using a good weapon. If you need to, just roll in with the heaviest armor you can wear and try to out-DPS him if you're legit a cheeser.

Just slap on Havel's and face tank everything.

I can't imagine playing dark souls 3 that many hours.

Havels + greatshield + one handed weapon. Chug estus and don't let stamina fully deplete, even if it means getting hit once.

I was writing a lengthy post detailing my experience with the Disgaea series and similar timesinks and how, after spending over 300 hours on multiple save files grinding for an ultimately boring and anticlimatic victory over a boss or such similar challenge, I felt regret over wasting my time minxmaxing numbers or looking for the most effective passive skill for X task but I realized my original post was rash and quite arbitrary so I will refrain from doing that.

However, I'd like you gentlemen to tell me your experiences with games over 800 hours and how any title's gameplay loop can hold up for 33.3x 24 hours without getting stale.

Be it gachashit, Final Fantasy, Battlefield 3 or a game released 10 years ago, do you think that there is any game that can remain as fresh and interesting to play 48000 minutes into the game as it was the first time you played it? Is 100 hours into a primarely singleplayer experience such as Dark Souls not a long time?

Every JRPG in history was designed to be played for over 800 hours? Because that's what I referred to.

I prefer the DS2 multiplayer by far but the playerbase is pretty slim now so it's basically DS3 or nothing if you want to do anything other than hit up Pontiffs Party Patio. I just run through occasionally to get a build done and do some PvP.

Are you some kind of fag that only plays games once? Are you trying to suggest that revisiting media isn't incredibly common?

Armor used to mean something, poise used to mean something, but DS3 ruined it.

Can you not read? I'm trying to suggest that 33 days worth of gameplay may be a bit too much for games like Dark Souls, whose development time was focused almost entirely on the singleplayer experience, completion time fluctuates between 40 to 60 hours for a newbie, with a notoriously exploitable and laggy multiplayer and replay value that is close to nonexistent with the piss poor NG+ additions. I'm wondering what the fuck can you do with 800 hours inside Lordran.

>replay value that is close to nonexistent
Legit retard.

poise was overpowered to be honest, but i can't say DS3's system was the right solution

I'll take that as you conceding from the argument. Maybe try scrambling a few more words together next time.

Replay value is entirely subjective. It's impossible to definitively declare "X game has no replay value."

Can we not try to find some common ground to at least throw a few ideas around? Like, say, what would be the Soulsborne game with the most replay value in your opinion? I'd say Dark Souls 2 is quite evidently the game that has the most to offer in a replay through NG+, with its extra enemies, loot and boss Souls, not to mention the branching paths that can allow you to experience the game's areas in a different order entirely.

You should've known he was trolling from the moment he tried to get people to explain to him "What do you even remember about your experiences past the 300th hour". That's not how people think other than maybe some Twitch streamers who need to quantify their time spent playing video games as a business transaction.

It's worth it for the performance, it's not if you can already run the original terrible port at a constant 60.
Also, probably the multiplayer is more active than the original.

It's the best game of all time.

I remember the first time I fought Ludwig, The Accursed and how I immediately died when he went into phase 2 and threw me off with his majestic soundtrack, different posture and movesets. I remember when I found out lightning is no more effective against DS2's drakes than magic infusions, 4 years after release and multiple playthroughs. I remember dusting off Bloodborne recently, remembering one of Yharnam's corner ambushes only to be caught by surprise by another one. I like it when my games are memorable instead of a timesink for me to pretend I'm doing something worthwhile.

Go fuck yourself and your effortless attempt at coping with waddling through hundreds upon hundreds of hours of undistinguishable gameplay. Your hang-up upon me describing game time with hours is as reflective of your lazy nature as is your dismissal of a discussion-sparking post with the word troll.

seething

>dark souls has no replay value because my memory is shit
lol

If 100 hours is the minimum to experience everything the game has to offer then why would you play much beyond it?

Can you revert back to the OG? I don't like the remaster but i cant seem to buy the og

Yes
You sound like a summon for every boss, disconnect when invaded pve cuck kek

It's not sold anymore for obvious reasons.

Yes. PC DSR is the only Souls worth playing.

How is that even possible? Souls games are reliant on element of surprise. Once you know all of the secrets it just feels like a chore.

Meanwhile I'm 6k hours in on Dota 2.

Gankspanking in the darkroot garden as a dickwraith with my lifehunt scythe + gold tracer combo, and replying to constant hatemail. Countless hours of entertainment desu.

Attached: 1565843834267.png (1496x1042, 260K)

fucking awful remaster, godlike game