No Director's Cut ending

>no Director's Cut ending
Fucking why?

Attached: file.png (1920x1080, 1.87M)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/Swery65/status/1170123451606040579
youtube.com/watch?v=V0klxHF8SgY
gematsu.com/2019/09/deadly-premonition-2-a-blessing-in-disguise-switch-exclusive-at-launch
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

"producer decided"

the new cutscenes were ass and ruined the pacing

the scene with york and emily in the diner is so good though

Hopefully every idiot who pretends to enjoy this piece of shit will come to their senses when the crappy looking sequel drops

Producer decided to cut it, I asked Swery and he said as much.
twitter.com/Swery65/status/1170123451606040579

You make it sound like the original had any sort of "pacing"

You still haven't learned, have you?
This is like you bitching about the first Drakegard.
You calling the games "shit" over and over won't change anything, everyone knows they're shitty, that's completely beside the point and why it has a fanbase.

>oh yes dear emily let me tell you a story about the past
>abruptly cuts to red room sequence where york has to hold his breath while being guided by a child version of himself in order to avoid an esoterical zombie spirit thing
they didn't mesh with the rest of the game at all
the director's cut also looks like ass because they removed all the filters so that it could be played in 3d on ps3, there's not even a reason for it anymore lmao

Is the Switch version good enough? The PC version I have refuses to open, even with fixes installed.

Drakengard is an actually decent and well made game with a weird story, the same with the sequels and Nier. Deadly Premonition is a butt ugly mess, it'sthat's nothing but a chore to play, and all its "charm" is based on ripping off Twin Peaks and Lynch. If you wipe away the Twin Peaks wankery it's the most dull anime shit ever.

>the director's cut also looks like ass because they removed all the filters so that it could be played in 3d on ps3,
Guess what this port retained.

It's the best version so far, aside from some sound bugs that might hopefully be fixed later.

In the afterlife? That's in the base game

You can shut up now.

>Drakengard is an actually decent and well made game

Imagine trying to say this with a straight face

Attached: 0666b04b57795afa1f3eb5cd4cf146d9.gif (500x340, 554K)

I'm waiting for the sound to be patched. I loved the two hours of it that I played but I can't stand the sound just dropping out randomly.

They kept the filters? Or does it still look like shit unfiltered?

The Director's Cut was a piece of shit. Missing textures and effects, added cutscenes that ruined pacing, no difficulty whatsoever. I feel sorry for people who first experienced the game like that.

I love both and neither Drakengard nor Deadly Premonition are "well made games".
They are jankiest shit ever, jankier than eurojank and low budget as hell.
That doesn't mean they aren't enjoyable and good in their kind of niche, but they are most certainly not "well made games".

Please tell me the enhanced version didn't have strafe shooting, because if I find out that it did and "the producer decided" not to have it, i'm gonna be disgruntled.

Nope, for some reason they decided to keep all the visual changes from the DC version but even that isn't consistent, you can see both versions of Anna's corpse in the opening in different cuts.
360 on an X is still king.

but doesn't old zach step in? I thought the old zach stuff was only DX

I got this on ps3. Are the bugs realy that bad or over exaggerated?

In the base game, all you see in the very end is York and Emily together in the diner in heaven. York gives Zach a sendoff, then the story closes.

When did Drakengard become janky?

I agree with the exception of Drakengard 3. Lacks visual soul.

Director's Cut has strafe.
OG and Origins does not.

Those scenes were retarded and made no sense. York telling that story to a little girl makes less sense than the old man telling the story of Mass Effect to his kid.

Attached: ryo reads the craigslist personals section.jpg (1024x1024, 223K)

Origins is based on the Director's Cut, it just doesn't have the lore-breaking new scenes of the Director's Cut.
All the gameplay improvements and whatnot are still there.
Think of Origins as equivalent of Blade Runner Final Cut (which also removed extra narration shit and extra ending scene that was in Blade Runner Director's Cut).

>I agree with the exception of Drakengard 3. Lacks visual soul.
What the fuck are you on about? Drakengard 3 art style, anime or not, is still very much unique and quite unlike anything else on the market, the character designs are great.

There is not A SINGLE FUCKING DRAKENGARD FAN that would say this with a straight face.
Drakengard 1 is the jankiest KOEI-like jank from hell.
It's still amazing for many reasons but saying "it's decent and well made" is the most insincere shit i've ever read in my life.
Your brain isn't just fried, it's been microwaved for a couple of hours to even come up with idiotic takes such as this one.

Attached: 1327594890222.png (471x304, 104K)

Why are used copies expensive?

Yea unique or not compared to the first 2 games its a downgrade.

Drakengard 2 and 3 are pandering trash for brainlets.
The only interesting thing in both of them is that one elf faggot in 2 that traded his sensations with his pact and couldn't feel any pleasure anymore as his trade off, if i remember correctly.
That was a cool idea.

Attached: Yaha.jpg (679x793, 97K)

>drakengard is an actually decent and well made game

Said literally nobody. Drakengard is a terrible game. Even the fans only really care about it because of the totally bonkers story.

2 is pandering, how is 3 pandering?
2 wasn't even made by Taro and was literal Caim wank which is also why both fans and Taro disown it.
But 3 was effectively a new story and concept while still retaining the core aspects of Drakengard identity.

>Even the fans only really care about it because of the totally bonkers story.
Don't forget the music and if you don't eat shit, the Japanese voice acting as well.
Shame the English translation is completely garbage.
>Kono... Kono... Kono... Kono...
>YOU FUCKING STUPID RETARDED BITCH I WILL SKULLFUCK YOU AND RAPE YOUR CORPSE

Your problems in the ps3 really depend on the health and speed of your HDD since the game was programmed by monkeys paid with peanuts and they were replace by underpaid dogs on the port, the game is CONSTANTLY streaming data at full from the hard disk without break even if you are standing still inside a building doing nothing so you could be having a smooth experience on a good drive or 20 fps with drops on a shit drive.
It's miles more stable than the pc version at least, that's the only good point i can give.

Unfiltered, the game is basically DC but with all DC extra content cut

Seeing as Switch is just Director's Cut but without the extra DC content, should I just emulate the PS3 version on RPCS3 instead?
It emulates perfectly now from what I saw and even the framerate is much better than on PS3.

Fuck. That's disappointing. I refuse to play without those filters. Looks like it's 360 for me.

Just play the PC version if you're gonna go through the DC one. The PS3 version is basically the PC one, but with lots more issues, since you're running it on an unpatcheable platform. Just get DC for PC, get Durante's mod, and play through it.

That could unironically be the most stable way of playing Deadly Premonition available if what you say about the emulation quality is true.
Open World segments in this new port still run at sub 20 frames.

>Just play the PC version if you're gonna go through the DC one. The PS3 version is basically the PC one, but with lots more issues, since you're running it on an unpatcheable platform. Just get DC for PC, get Durante's mod, and play through it.
Factually false, the PC version is MUCH worse than the PS3 one and has horrid unfixable crashes and save corruption.
Durante only fixed resolution.
PS3 version's only problem is the horrible framerate, but RPCS3 fixes that.

>That could unironically be the most stable way of playing Deadly Premonition available if what you say about the emulation quality is true.
Is is true.
youtube.com/watch?v=V0klxHF8SgY

Maybe I should tell OP to go fuck himself, what do you think, Zach?

Yeah I am aware, the switch version also launched with brand new audio glitches
Honestly Access Games was just a shit developer, I have no clue if they're in business anymore but they're also responsible for Drakengard 3 which is one of the worst looking and worst running games of all time
Hopefully with toybox helming development on DP2 there's a chance it may just run like a normal fucking game

Is the Switch version worth playing or should i just stick with the PC director's cut version instead

See PC Director's Cut is basically the worst version.
If you have access to X360 or Xbone, play the X360 version.
PS3 one runs at sub 15 FPS on real hardware, so I don't recommend that unless you have powerful PC in which case you can emulate it at 4K 60 FPS with RPCS3.
Switch version is somewhere inbetween X360 and PS3, but right now has a critical audio bug which Swery promised will get patched soon.

So I don't have my Xbox anymore. What's the objective best way to play now?
>Switch Version
or
>PC Director's Cut with the outdated DPFix

It's pretty sad that this doesn't have a physical release, maybe DP2 will have some cool special edition.

HOW ABOUT YOU READ THE POST ABOVE YOURS YOU LAZY FAGGOT

Avoid the PC version unless you don't want to ever finish the game because it has unavoidable random crashes and, what's worse, massive save corruption issues. There is no fix for either of those.

I did after posting and entering the thread. Thank you, very helpful.

There is a physical release and collector's edition coming out in november.

retconned so DP2 makes sense

They removed the new DC scenes because they shit on the lore and because they almost certainly contradicted what they have planned for DP2.

Is 2 coming to Xbox or is it switch exclusive?

Pretty bland looking.

Attached: DPO_CE1a_1024x1024.jpg (1024x576, 132K)

Trailer said COMING ONLY ON THE SWITCH, but then publisher said it was exclusive at launch, so it's a matter of time.

Launch exclusive to Switch, which means it's gonna get ported later.
gematsu.com/2019/09/deadly-premonition-2-a-blessing-in-disguise-switch-exclusive-at-launch

Better than digital, thanks.

They know it's a very niche game yet they still put less effort in that "collector's edition" than the usual mainstream CE.

I want those fucking stickers!

$50 as well.
Pins, not stickers

director's cut added nothing of value and delivered worse performance

>I Swery65 you all!
that makes no sense

I could have sworn I had gotten this game in some humble bundle, but nope, I wanted to replay it since I only ever played the original 360 version but never the PC one.

what the fuck happened?

Attached: file.png (1073x492, 659K)

It's not him

Swery watched Rick and Morty.

Attached: laughing wotos.gif (445x247, 2.85M)

I literally just finished this masterpiece after several months of wrestling with countless crashes.
I'm not sure how I feel about the bosses at the end, but it's easily become one of my favourite games and I enjoyed almost every moment of it. I got a little choked up at the end.

Attached: download.jpg (1920x1080, 412K)

So this is the power of Nintendo Switch...

Attached: still broken.jpg (1280x1440, 151K)

Quint's routine bugged in my game and he was always floating around, even in the bar.

Lmao is this real? As long as it's playable and doesn't crash I guess this is the best we have for now.

Bottom is like that in ALL non-X360 versions, it looks like that on PC and PS3 as well because the water shader was part of the filters that they removed in Director's Cut since people complained about them.
Turns out people don't know what they want.

Does Origins run at 60fps?

At times.

Calm down there user, it sounds like you think this game isn't held together by duct tape.

Oh I see, my only experience with DP is the original on 360.

5% of time

Any section that isn't hammered with alpha effects or open world is 60 FPS.
So the initial part of the game is 60 FPS until the rain part where the fire and rain effects make it drop.
Then it's 60 again after the rain section and then it drops again in open world.
The positive thing I can say is that it still runs better framerate wise than both X360 and PS3 versions.
But PC version and emulated PS3 have the best framerate, I recommend staying away from PC due to unfixable random crash and save corruption issues.

How does it run on xbone x?

It's not part of the "enhanced" titles, so it's still locked at 720p 30 FPS max but the 30 FPS will actually hit more often compared to X360.

Yeah, the ending got me emotional when I beat it a few years back too. For all the cheese and ridiculousness the characters still feel like they heart and it's pretty emotional at the end without any comedy or lightheartedness to break it up.
Looking forward to playing the Switch version when I'm ready to replay it. I'm still just baffled it's on there or that anybody in their right mind would fund a sequel. I would have funded it over the Good Life if I was given the opportunity.

Attached: 075.jpg (1024x576, 51K)

It got funded for the same reason that Twink Peaks 3 got funded.
Cult following niche that sells.

Twin Peaks is not niche in the slightest, especially compared to Deadly Premonition.
Twin Peaks was a massively popular show in the 90s, Deadly Premonition is a crusty game that looked at least 5 years old when it was released and has never had a port that hasn't been riddled with glitches. They don't compare except for themes.
I honestly just want to meet the person who made 2 happen, shake their hand, grab a beer and shoot the shit.

user, i love Drakengard and playing it has been one of my most memorable gaming experiences, but it being a "decent well-made game" is probably the very last reason why. if you think it even resembles a decent game, you may need to re-examine your priorities.

Let me put it this way, don't look a gift horse in the mouth, be happy it's happening.

Wut

Are you a bot?

>don't ask questions how it was developed cause it might not happen then
Okay buddy, you do you. We're done here.

What a dumb post

I do wonder if some Nintendo employee was a SWERYfag and championed the idea or if SWERY approached Nintendo. I'm happy either way.

Uhhhhh

Attached: Screenshot_20190908-222432.png (1280x720, 523K)

Do we have any sort of ETA on the Switch patch? I want to fucking replay it already.

Attached: 1560650724008.jpg (250x250, 6K)

epic

The publisher says it switch exclusive. Nothing about launch.

Attached: Screenshot_20190908-224613.png (720x1280, 247K)

Honestly after some tweaking the PC version would rarely crash for me and I could sort of predict it and cut it off by stopping every hour and a half or so to restart the game.

>works on my machine
But seriously I think it varies system to system. I played through with minimal crashes on Windows 7 but all the reports I've seen of Windows 10 says it won't even boot or crashes constantly.
It's worth it to test on your own machine to find out but I've yet to see anybody without any problems on any machine.

Agreed. I've been wanting to play this game for a while and the PC version is fucking trash.

>sound randomly stops working periodically
is this just how the game is or is the switch port fucked?

Funny enough I did play it on windows 10. The biggest issue I had with the game or I guess more like the most annoying was that if I had my systems audio set to anything other than stereo (normally I have 7.1) the sound effects for the driving would be fucked up and unbearable. I have only played it on my machine (so maybe I lucked out) but honestly it was far from the worst buggy game I've suffered through.

Other than the lack of DC ending, is anything else different?

It's fascinating to see the glitches as long as it is playable.
On my playthough I had one spot in a required story mission that would crash the game 100% of the time.Reloaded my game 10 times and luckily managed to find another way around to the other side of it and I was able to continue. Never had any crashes after that.
Looking forward to replaying the game as I know I'll get immediate PTSD when I hit the mission.