What am I in for?

What am I in for?

Attached: 1567978922880.jpg (474x665, 270K)

The best Paper Mario game. (Yeah even better than TTYD)
Just don't expect a TTYD sequel or you'll be disappointed. It's a completely different game, but still exceptional.

Probably not what you're expecting.

An easy as fuck, but still fun platformer.

Kind of a bizarre game. It's a Mario platformer with RPG elements, an artstyle built on abstract geometric shapes and plot that's nothing like a Mario game with a ton of lore that's never mentioned again and is barely relevant to the game itself.

You already know it's not like 64/TTYD. It's still enjoyable and has some of the best writing and scenarios in the series.

>easy as fuck
>didn't play through the flipside and flopside trials

Good writing and characters. Bad gameplay.

One of if not the worst platformer in the Mario series attached to generic JRPG writing that doubles down on everything bad about TTYD's writing.

It's fun with control issues due to the Wii remote not having enough buttons. Menuing needed to be faster for switching characters and pixels to make it feel less tedious. Honestly if the game used a different controller pixels and character swapping could have been removed completely making the game flow better.

A mediocre platformer with light RPG elements. The worlds themselves are dull as shit, but the characters and interactions are pretty fun. The main plot and antagonists are generic as fuck.

tl;dr: shit gameplay, good writing

I did. Flipside is a joke with bowser, and flopside was hell, especially with no cards.

A solid 3/5. Fun enough, but probably not something you'll go back to any time soon. The humor is pretty good at parts.

The worst platforming gameplay Nintendo ever insulted us with. When you're not sitting through the lengthy intermissions or solving "puzzles". Lots and lots of menus. Cooldowns on the central fucking gimmick of the game punishing you with a timeout for wanting to use it. Characters who move at what would be walking speed in a better Mario game -- until you get the partner that let's you navigate lots and lots of menus in order to move at a rate that won't make you kill yourself. "Characters" that are just bits of geometry, so lazily designed that the studio was forced to stick with generic Toads exclusively until they could learn to make a good game (they haven't been able to since TTYD).

Oh, and there's a plot, but read a fucking book instead.

fpbp

this

So wait, who the fuck was this guy supposed to be again? It was one of the biggest plot points and they just left it hanging.

Attached: Monsieur L.png (1160x1688, 612K)

Best Mario plot ever

Good story, ok gameplay.

the game reads like a fanfic and the gameplay is dull as shit. it also thinks it is hilarious but is not. the music is pretty good

This game is really strange and it's hard to believe it exists.

a brainwashed captain toad. i am guessing you played on easy since you didnt get the extra ending scenes for playing on normal or hard

Trash gameplay only carried by the story.

Artstyle, setting and worlds are all boring as fuck, and so are most characters.