Can someone please tell me why people like peace walker?

can someone please tell me why people like peace walker?

Attached: shitwalker.jpg (600x800, 467K)

contrarians

Last good game before kojimbo became a pretentious retard and started treating games as if they were movies.

i cant tell if you're serious or not

There's a lot to like.
>First portable MGS to be decent gameplay wise (Ghost Babel has a surprisingly okay story for a low budget GB release but is very boring to play, PO is just shit, Ac!d is a spinoff not at all like the main series)
>Satisfying gameplay loop of gathering resources to make better shit to fuck around with that struck a good balance with the grind unlike V
>Fucking peak comfy, sitting back to listen to some audio tapes knowing you were in for a good time with any of them and the overall premise of buildkng your own home up were great when mixed with the more upbeat atmosphere
>Kaz, Huey, Strangelove, Cecile, etc. were all likable in their own ways
>Fucking ace co-op potential with tons of missions and lots of goofy shit like the cardboard box tank and human slingshot

You have to remember it was a psp game and people judge it by that. Emulating it on pc or playing it on ps3 and bitching about the scale of the levels being too small or the lack of options due to the controls is like emulating a DS game and complaining because using the mouse for the bottom screen is awkward and there's no analogue movement.

Bad games look good next to an even worse game

Only Japs cared about Peace Walker since it was basically Monster Hunter: Mecha Edition.

Nah, MGS2 was the last great Metal Gear game, and even that one was a satire of its own series.

do i need to play peace walker in order to play 5?

You should play all of them.

i did but i dont wanna play pw because it looks gay as fuck lol

>PO is just shit
MPO is MGS3: Portable Edition, you actual retard.

It's portable mgs. Fucking zoomers never owned a psp

Why the fuck would you want to play V then? It's a million times more gay.

False

>create an original monster for Peace Walker
>never show it anywhere else

Why

I thought the graphic novel style cutscenes were neat. That's about it.
Fuck the boss fights in particular, jesus christ.

I see you've never played the game.

Better MGS game than V

Konami probably owns Gear Rex

It's not the best MGS game, it's barely a MGS game. But it's one of the most solid handheld games ever made.

As many often point out, it's filled with countless activities and missions that perfectly embrace the handheld platform:
>long story missions with heavy involvement
>appreciable stealth oriented side missions
>short action-oriented side missions
>chill base management and planning
>listening to tapes in the background

Whether you're in your couch, in transit, or on a bench waiting for someone, this game has something to offer. It's a rare quality for a handheld games, one that is slowly disappearing, as the concept of "handheld game design" slowly vanishes right at the time everything is going mobile for some reason.

Then this game also has the level of quality, detail and polish you can expect from a MGS game. The story is also pretty interesting, it's actually TPP beta 2, POOPS being TPP beta 1, as they all attempt to continue the story of Big Boss after MGS3, show the creation of Outer Heaven, and bridge the gap with the original Metal Gear.

If you want to fully enjoy this game and understand why some people, like me, are crazy about it, do yourself a service and play it on PSP, or at the very fucking least, emulate it on your phone and play it every day. As some user once said, the feeling of managing Motherbase from the back of the bus on your PSP largely beats managing it from inside the chopper on your iDroid. If it's feels you're after, you'll get your dose.

Attached: Peace Walker Mother Base.jpg (1920x1088, 883K)

This

>It's not the best MGS game, it's barely a MGS game.
I hate this meme

It's literally not

The boss fights are terrible, how can a tank have an entire army inside.

I don't get it either
>Has most of the flaws with Phantom Pain if not twice as much
>Dumbed down story for kids
>"B-biBo i-isn't bad guy! H-he treated kids right! S-see?!"
>Monster Hunter promotion
>Shitty boss fights
>Hatsune Miku crossover
>Anime garbage
>More schizotech that doesn't make sense in the timeline (more advanced robots than Metal Gear TX-55!?)
>Outer Heaven's creation is a disappointment.
>No exploration of characters like the Colonel, Gray Fox or Sniper Wolf despite being a perquel.
>Exploring the themes of MGS3 AGAIN!?
>Big Boss is still called Snake and continues being called Snake even in MGSV
>Hot Coldman
>AIs in the 1970s.

Wrong. This and MGS4 was the beginning of the end. The fact he has claimed that Solid Snake is a bad character because he is a clone ever since Peace Walker proves this.

Attached: Mario middle finger.png (400x394, 110K)

it came out after 4 retard

co-op

It's a kidnapping simulator like Peace Walker, but instead of strapping balloons on unconscious enemies, you end up drugging them and dragging their bodies to Campbell's fun truck.

>Big Boss can stop a giant tank the size of a building from crushing it, and able to flex it off a foot from the ground
>able to stop Peace Walker from crushing it with its foot, and just toss it away like cabbage gone bad
>can stop ZEKE from crushing him as well with the flick of a wrist
>still couldn't beat Solid Snake

Peace Walker is literally Big Boss's prime.

>No difficulty options
>Game is ridiculously easy
>Bosses are repetitive bullet sponges
>Awful plot