Its out

youtube.com/watch?v=JalWT8oNxhk

Attached: unnamed.jpg (900x900, 39K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qwcHnG8EDTw
reddit.com/r/pcgaming/comments/d1eh6z/maybe_we_should_just_skip_game_titles_with_5_in_it/
m.youtube.com/watch?v=VvQmdhD520E
youtube.com/watch?v=xKllrEYIBI4
youtube.com/watch?v=GxZrSILng78
youtube.com/watch?v=9BiQaRO2oco
youtube.com/watch?v=K6U0oUz0FI0
youtu.be/dyUbSm25ax8
youtube.com/watch?v=6__TvBzAVj8
web.archive.org/web/20131123120232/https://www.kotaku.com.au/2013/11/ps4-failure-rate-is-less-than-1-sony-says/
youtu.be/UUxJpDtg0Bs
youtu.be/9BiQaRO2oco
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

fpbp
/thread
cope
seethe
check it
based
PROTON CANNON

Attached: iron-proton.gif (365x224, 212K)

OLD

Unironically absolutely fucking BASED fpbp

Holy shit he's actually back

GOOD

This guy is fucking retard. The former employs the cheapest tactics possible to convey "weight". 5 looks way better.

No it looks like fucking dogshit retard

>Having nostalgia for Gears
It was always a fucking shit series

Attached: 1526858120097.png (402x390, 355K)

oooh shit

he did the same thing for far cry and gta. two also turbo garbo series

Based.

People who thought Far Cry 2 was good should be hanged

Watch the video.

Spoilers: Gears 2 was years ahead of its time and crowbcat is right.

>ecelebs
lole faggotron-3000

Old Games - 1
New Games - 0

Based Crowbcat.

SEETHING zoomers.

NEW

Attached: 2.jpg (282x179, 18K)

Real question about Gears lore. According to the storyline, humans had fled Earth and found sanctuary on a new planet(the planet that the games take place)that the Locust were living in it. All was well for a while until humans that were living on the surface were causing some ruckus and the Locust, the planet's natives, decided to emerge from under the planet's caves to fight the humans because they wanted to reclaim their planet. Up until GoW 2, the Locust were being portrayed as the bad guys and they always get blown into shit on every game ending.
Are human's the true villains of the game? Did the writters finally turned the tables and showed that side of view to the players, or it is just Locust getting shredded into pieces by some paper thin protagonists in an unreal tournament suits. I have only played up until GoW 3 half caimpaign
Are humans

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 174K)

When was he ever wrong?

I'm sorry GoW chads, your time has ended. Another franchise bites the dust.

Crowbcat should stick to things like his Mario Odyssey video.

>implying the series didn't crash and burn with Judgment which was over half a decade ago

portraying one as being better than the other doesn’t mean the original was some paragon of gaming. just made better and took less time.

>years ahead
>gray game with gore running at 30 fps

GOOD

oh good, time to see this exact opinion parroted on Yea Forums for months to years

Quit shilling your own videos on Yea Forums, faggot.

How come he showed no gameplay changes whatsoever?

Because all his videos are just cherrypicking small details

But small details are very important at times.

Nobody wants to watch a 10 minutes youtube video of a woman bitching and complaining

based

Yes, humans deserve to go extinct. That's the entire point of Gears.

because

>OLD GOOD
>NEW BAD

That's all his videos in a nutshell.

The map editor and engine details were incredibly good but the gameplay was repetitive and nothing special. It's kind of like crysis in that sense.

1 & 2 are still my favorites and the rest aren't great.

>OLD GOOD
>NEW BAD
that's not wrong though

What about this one, brainlet? He was pretty critical of VR and CSGO, but still put out a video praising CSGO VR.
youtube.com/watch?v=qwcHnG8EDTw

What is it like to talk through your wrinkled asshole? Asking for a friend.

BASED

There are none
It's still a generic cover-based shooter with the occasional cinematic diversion sprinkled throughout

Then all his fans shit on him for praising NEW and not jerking off OLD to the point where he took it down at one point

I wouldn't say he's critical of CSGO from what I've seen. That stupid gambling culture around it and the very rare chance of the guns not working right which he admits in the description took a while to find a lot of footage for.

>That shit at 3:51
oh wow, I don't remember that. I was actually impressed by gears 5 shit

How can new titles miss all the attention for detail?

That is literally a video shilling Pavlov tho. Don't know where he is praising CSGO.

People bitch about screen shake and 30fps and now they want it back.

Wow. I'm so glad I made the decision to never own an XBox console.

Lazy developers who think minute details don't add to an experience.

Video proves to me that 5 has much worse art direction than 2 as well. 5 is so saturated and lacking in grit that it looks ridiculous.

IT'S PAYNE

Games have grown to be too complex and expensive, with there often being hundreds upon hundreds of devs working on a single AAA game. There's more likely to be passion and creativity among a dev team of say 30 something people than 300.
Also this is just another tacked on sequel in a 14 year old franchise. That doesn't help.

can't help but feel OLD looks like it was produced by a group of colleagues with a coherent goal whereas NEW was made by hundreds of employees separated by department, like no lead director asked what the product is meant to be but they made it anyway

I regret never playing Ninja Gaiden Black

Only costs like $10 on amazon. Could probably find an xbox for less than $100 too.

That said, Sigma is a decent alternative.

>ran at 30fps
>has the colour palate of grey and brown
>ahead of it's time
jesus fuckin christ crowbat,no wonder why you're loosing relevancy beyond snoybois and the circle jerk on here

Attached: 1522688989757.gif (320x228, 1.78M)

did any xbox360 game run above 30fps ever?

I've never seen this guy's videos aside from the E3 ones I think, what are some good ones

None

I think the Mass Effect Andromeda one is mandatory at this point.

I think it's marketing, really. Stuff like glass breaking was shown off back in 7th gen, people wanted it. Now no one cares as much so they skimp where they can.

Gears 5 looks so uninspiring and boring it may as well be Fortnite.

all

5 microsoft points have been added to your account.
Keep up the good fight, sister!

When he shilled for VR making it look much better than it was and acting like it would be godtier by now.
Other than that he's always played it safe

mortal kombat and call of duty pulled 60fps. I think dmc 4 did too

>30fps
Good FPS is only a requirement for competitive games. Games that are focused on their cinematics like Gears' singleplayer are better in 30fps if that means better graphics.
Multiplayer should always be 60fps though, unless it's some cinematic coop junk.

Gears 2 was like GTA IV, it added a lot of cool and impressive looking tech that was removed in the next game in favor of GAMEPLAY.

That game would have been shilled and praised to death if it was a PS4 exclusive
Prove me wrong homosexuals

>but what about this other thing
The title of the video is
>Gears 5 lacks weight and intensity
not
>Gears 5 is a downgrade in all fields
Although I'm sure you could find plenty of gameplay downgrades yourself

Camera shake good

That was insanely boring to watch

>le nitpicks on small details man

>le old good new bad man

Shouldn't it be the other way around?

>liking something is now considered shilling
Ok, faggot. The dude makes a hundred videos shitting on stuff and finally puts out one where he praises something and you dickheads call him a shill. Nice way to try and dodge the fact that he hasn’t been wrong once.

because he's a dishonest little turd

don't forget VR GOOD

NOOOOOO DELETE THIS

Attached: 1562433057692.jpg (988x1059, 148K)

Did you not see his original VR video? No, not the CSGO one. He was pushing VR hard and acting like it wasn't heavily flawed or expensive as shit

Attached: 1542791428483.png (500x500, 38K)

>Gears 5 lacks weight and intensity
>shows Gears 5 lacking weight and intensity
woah
based retard

gears 5 looks completely soulless. I didn't know there was even a market for a new game.

I’ve seen two VR videos. One was when the dudes from giant bomb where playing VR and Crowbcat was clearly pointing out the fact that it wasn’t ready and the other video was him showing one single game that he liked. What a retarded thing to be upset over.

mgr

Then you didn't see it. When people shit on crowbcat for shilling VR, they're talking about the video he deleted within an hour that you probably never saw. It looked like one of those overblown advertisements you'd see at E3

Damn, never thought Gears would ever go soft.

are you really complaining about 30 fps on the Xbox 360? it was literally released in 2005

reddit.com/r/pcgaming/comments/d1eh6z/maybe_we_should_just_skip_game_titles_with_5_in_it/

Reddit is damage controlling lol.

Bullshit. I know exactly what video you are talking about and it was one fucking game. m.youtube.com/watch?v=VvQmdhD520E This is the only time he’s praised VR. One single game. He has several videos shitting on it but don’t let that stop you from being a dishonest retard.

Gaming is so sad that theres nothing looking forwards to look to when decade old versions of your game have better fucking physics

that first chainsaw comparison was enough to convince me

>>>

man this is probably one of the most low quality videos crowb has ever done

Better than nothing like Gears 5.

yea i didn't buy the game cuz there's no blood on my screen when I chainsaw monsters.

>generic overblown montage advertisement
>acts like the only reason VR is bad is because there are just no games for it
>unlike his usual videos that make clear points, he just shows flashy gameplay footage as if that speaks for itself
I wonder why people called it shilling

This video is crap. Implying that screen shake makes any game better is such a trash opinion like holy shit.

Audio was better before though.

YO YOU WANNA LEARN HOW TO DO A FUCKING INFINITE

Is this parody video or he is fucking with everyone?

EPIC BTFO

>OLD GAME GOOD
>NEW GAME BAD

Every fucking time with this guy

>I-it's just screen shake!
>ignoring the better water, small effect details like the sand, better hit animations, and persistent blood

I'd say the sound effects sounding like they have a stronger impact as well.

The colors are nice, but all those missing details are a shame.
Wouldn't have bought it either way, though.

It's a common tactic to nitpick the most dismissable counterargument and pretend that's the only complaint.
Shills and fanboys do it a lot for crowbcat videos.

More like Tears of War

The sound design in new games is so disheartening. It's so bad.

Locust are humans who were turned into mutants during research of imulsion

>turbo garbo series
wrong

Attached: 1567210269477.jpg (720x720, 222K)

>the camera isnt shaking when you shoot? holy shit the game is total garbage!!!

Attached: 1567944794840.jpg (250x250, 7K)

>ignoring all those missing animations
retarded frogposter also gears of war is shit

>NOOOOOOOOO THERES NO DESTRUCTIBLE COVER IN GEARS 5!!! CROWBCAAATT!!!! NOOOOOOOO HE WOULDNT CHERRYPICK!!

Attached: bbbut crowbcat.webm (1000x640, 1.86M)

yeah and gears 5 has other things that gow1 and 2 didnt have like tesselated snow and sand

I honestly can't tell which one I'm supposed to like more.

GOLD OOD
BEW NAD
BUY RV

Attached: neanderthalensis_JG_Recon_Head_CC_3qtr_lt_sq.jpg (835x835, 83K)

It's not as bad as Dead Rising 4 vs 1 at least

Is this supposed to look good?

Its supposed to show that Gears still has destructible cover, penisbrain

look at how it just weightlessly crashes down, hell it doesn't even break from where it's shot at

Or this

Attached: gears sand.webm (1000x640, 865K)

>Tears of war

could be because its dropping on sand? or because of pic related

Attached: camera shake.jpg (2238x797, 324K)

>NOOOOO IT DOESN'T HAVE SCREEN SHAKE

>dust caused by impact unaffected by the wind
It looks really off.

Nah, it's more to do with how it just falls down like it was gently tipped over and vanishes into nothing

Who claimed otherwise? The video shows that there are destructible objects for Gears 5 too (see 3:30). The point being made is that it's more limited than the previous games.

It's actually more impressive to see chunks being taken out of the environment than having a whole thing collapse like it's one giant turd.

see This argument was refuted before you even posted. Why can't you retards read the threads before shitting yourselves?

Attached: g5.webm (1280x720, 2.28M)

it's not more limited, its just used on other objects, and you can destroy these things bit by bit

what kind of intern made this and thought it was okay?

Anyone else think it's fucking depressing that someone wastes time editing cherry pick compilations of dumb entertainment toys for no reason? Especially few days before release. Just let people have fun, even if it's trash. Gears 5 isn't meant to be art.

Attached: 1567189555622.gif (380x380, 3.94M)

How much of Gears5 was outsourced to 3rd world animators

Almost as depressing as the people who spend millions of dollars making these games and end up making inferior products.
How do americans manage this so consistently?

>Gears 5 is a glitchy mess with constant server crashes and glitches, even in the single player campaign, meaning "always online" bullshit.
>Ignore all that and focus on "weight and intensity".

Attached: 1564984479360.jpg (655x457, 24K)

Because retards like you forget that Crowbcat is just cherrypicking and that these games have details that the previous games didn't have.

Attached: ice.webm (1100x670, 1.52M)

BASED CLIFFY B DELIVERED

Remember when Yea Forums used to meme about BLOODY SCREEN SO REAL? Now you actually have people defending it lamo

It just needs a laugh track

Yeah, and they probably get a similar amount back. Just like people who develop FIFA or CoD. It's simple entertainment that people buy. Some le mysterious internet faggot thinking he's a critique of high art is childish.

I like how the ice chunks fly upwards for whatever reason and quickly vanish, leaving preset holes in the ices. I bet an american who's never been near ice made this

Maybe they put their focus to other things instead of cherrypicked details that only autists care about. 99% of people literally do not give a single shit.

>why doesnt this game running on base xbox have perfect simulation of how ice and particles will react if you shoot at them!???! TRASH!!!

All they'd have to do is reuse the glass code from gears 2

>other things
such as? All I can think of are higher res textures that just look muddy/blurry and models with ridiculous unoptimized poly counts

There aren't really any. 2 was the last one that brought anything new to the table

It's like they forget to touch up on the animations. They use basic mocap data, slap it on the game and just call it a day.
I get this feeling from other over-marketed western games, the characters don't feel immersive and it's like their movement is still stuck in the production phase and I'm watching actors do their stunts, fake their falls and whatnot. I can't explain it better, but it feels really jarring.

>this guy is cherry picking!
>I'll just cherry pick him back! That'll show him!
The point still stands that many details were lost and hit reaction was neutered.

Gears of War was never good.

In what way? DR4 was a massive downgrade.

I haven't played it and have no interest in more Gears but Crobat's videos tell me absolutely nothing about the game itself. I take it with a grain of salt.

How to people not understand Crowbcat videos? It's not to show shittier gameplay compared to the first nor is it necessarily saying old good, new bad and it's definitely not just trying to cherrypick issues to make you hate it. There are so many better ways to do that.

His videos are just making a point of how technology is not moving forwards and in some cases, it trends backwards. This gen in particular has been filled to the brim with lazy shitty developers where most of the games made today could probably work on last gen technology with less assets whereas people were still having to innovate and come up with tricks to make something look really good in the gens before it.

maskfag leave

>cherrypick him back
No, it's simply showing that the game has details elsewhere and they actually impact the gameplay unlike plants reacting to you.

Attached: ice2.webm (1100x640, 1.16M)

>omg its an epic post modernist criticism of technology and society!! he's definitely not just being a child crying over toys!!

>Wow let's not be critical of games and buy this mediocre game and hope good games are around the corner
>Gaming industry feels that there is more money to be made in mediocre games than good games
>Continues to pump out mediocre games
>People continue to not be critical becuase they weren't SUPPOSED to be good games
>Cycle continues.

>"It was ahead of its time!"
>"It ran at 30 fps and had the color pallete of a bloody shit."
>"G-give it a break, it was released in 2005!"

Attached: 1567138873244.jpg (300x310, 74K)

zoomer cringe

inb4 he deletes it

dog it has more soul than 80% of modern games now
its a gears game where the story makes sense i dont understand

plants not reacting to you sure makes the games fucking garbage the gameplay is automatically trash in any of the games where plants dont shake when you touch them

Gears of War 5 isn't made for the audience that watch YouTube reviews and cherrypick random details. Just like Battlefront 2 or whatever you Redditors whine about thinking you're starting a revolution, it will sell very well.

that looks so bad lmao

Based

My bad

Attached: 1564036019676.webm (640x360, 81K)

Tech isn't going backwards. Its the development process has changed to not waste resources on details that most people don't even notice. And the bloody screen and screen shake is likely a choice to change with the times. Remember when people used to complain about blood on their screen?

Attached: CoD MW2 11-Nov09-05.jpg (1920x1080, 458K)

enjoy your product

>>>/SoTM/

>its another "this game is shit and I'm basing my opinions on solely this one video and I'm 100% right despite never playing the game" episode

In Gears 5s' defense, Gears 2 was the "weightiest" Gears game when it came to ragdolls and blood effects.

fpbp /thread based but unironically

I'm not buying it, because Gears looks shit. but i know whining about that isnt going to change anything. it never has.

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Doesn't matter, it's there, in any other game with ice like this you won't be able to break it.

>liking singleplayer gears for the gameplay
gears singleplayer is nothing without its graphics and edginess.

I think a lot of people on either side tend to project their own biases onto his videos.

>No
But actually, yes. You don't get rid of good hit reaction then just play it off by saying that detail went elsewhere. That trade-off doesn't make any sense. Even if the dev team decided to increase texture resolution and polygon count but were forced to give up on a bit of camera shake and blood splatter, the point still stands the older games looked more impressive in >>>some aspects

here's a better video youtube.com/watch?v=xKllrEYIBI4

5 has more details than 4 but for some reason 4 was never shat on for not having this.
guess 5 really is much better if camera shake, audio and foliage reacting to you are the things you have to shit on

Attached: 1567959468593.png (600x600, 170K)

OLD GOOD
NEW BAD
OOGA BOOGA CHERRYPICKING

WHACK HIM

>You don't get rid of good hit reaction then just play it off by saying that detail went elsewhere
I can play it off by saying everything that Crowbcat showed of Gears 2 wasn't present in 3, Judgement and 4 either.
You're 8 years too late.

>the game has been continually downgrading ever since 2
why do people still buy this crap? Is it just because Xbros are starved for exclusives?

Name an alternative.

so we have exchanged substance for spectacle. great.

did anyone actually play gear 4?

>AHAHAHA LE NEW BAD OLD GOOD GUY UPLOADED A NEW VIDEO REDDITBROS!!1! #STOPTHENOSOULGAMES
kill yourself

Alt right incel shitters

im assuming the jump from 30 fps to 60 fps cause noticeable frame dropping if they added all the old particle effects????

Attached: b43k4iq91qixleeo1_400.gif (384x216, 408K)

Are you trolling right now? That looks like a bug showcase, you can clearly see shards spawning over already broken ice.

I honestly can't tell which is which. Both look like shit.

>I can play it off by saying everything that Crowbcat showed of Gears 2 wasn't present in 3, Judgement and 4 either
So your argument is that degradation is okay if it already occurred years before. That's defeatist and a cop-out.

>You're 8 years too late
But not entirely wrong.

>thinking any console games run at stable 60fps
even nintendo games drop and they're usually "optimized" aka look like shit anyways

oh no a bug that totally wont get fixed welp guess that detail is no longer a detail!

My argument is why didn't people complain about it when 3 or the others came out? Why start 4 games later? Because there's nothing else to shit on?

Attached: 1567942082455.png (568x544, 205K)

I think she looks better in gow4

Attached: 0648564.png (960x540, 1.06M)

Attached: 2e52efefdb959a2c758bdc22911c104d.jpg (1910x1009, 907K)

UNGA BUNGA GRUG LIKE GEARS
youtube.com/watch?v=GxZrSILng78

>That said, Sigma is a decent alternative.

No it fucking isn't and I played sigma

>Preset environment hazards
What's the point of even posting.

Attached: 1485983359572.gif (391x361, 1.18M)

its a detail thread, not epic tech thread

i always dropped gears of wars after playing for like 30 minutes, the game is so boring

>why didn't people complain about it when 3 or the others came out?
I don't know, maybe someone did but their opinions weren't broadcasted far enough? Maybe because there's a much wider gap between Gears 5 and GOW1/2 than other games so it's natural to have even bigger expectations for this one?

>new sseth
>new idubbz
>new crowbcat

Todays wasa good day

be happy they added the pride flags you bigot

i love this guy, he speaks whitout words and yet he have some personality, unlike all the other ``youtubers``

This neck tho

Attached: 76677347.png (894x806, 1.39M)

based proton cannon poster

Crowbcat had his channel already back in 2016, no video of Gears 4 anywhere though.

Attached: 9f974d7024c7e79a64c52236be29a6e0.jpg (1914x1013, 1.26M)

crowbcat is cancelled

What? Did you watch the video? Most of it is about dynamic destruction. Did you even read the comment you first replied to? The one who was talking about shooting sand bags and seeing sand fall out.

nature's course doesnt have good guys and villains. If you need to kill an entire species to survive then that's what you gotta do

REMINDER TO IGNORE ALL CROWBCAT THREADS

HES A RACIST!!!!

Attached: 1a352f495cb91d04fe6aab7dcf1e4b1c.png (962x234, 60K)

Attached: 1566930572_unknown.png (788x578, 436K)

>shooting sand bags and seeing sand fall out.
man the gameplay really sucks now that i cant look at sand falling out of sandbags, terrible game.

that ratsetera thread is gold, based crowbchad did it again

>missing the point

Nice sidestep faggot.

is this piece of shit good? It is also on PC.

Attached: image.jpg (1138x640, 132K)

The destruction isn't dynamic, you can't shoot everything in every environment and expect it be destroyed. It's only in a few areas and go up to the OP and skip to 3:38, he's shooting only at the top of the wall, yet the whole wall is breaking up into big chunks. But concrete walls being destroyed like this from a simple gun is unrealistic anyway.

Gears 2 is the only one worth playing. Too bad it's only on xbox.

>unrealistic
And that's a good thing.

>ice breaking unrealistic BAD
>stone breaking unrealistic GOOD

Why are you guys hating on Max Payne? It's a great game series and he's a great character. What did he ever do to you to justify such hate?

Attached: 1552772640547.jpg (125x95, 2K)

Who are you quoting?

oh no, theres less camera shake now!

How does he keep producing such veritas?

Kill yourselves Crowbzoomers and let the pros do the talking.
youtube.com/watch?v=9BiQaRO2oco

Attached: xbro2.png (1100x1083, 276K)

Gears 1 and 2 were unironically the apex of console graphics at the time.

Why would you point to a post made almost an hour ago, not part of the this comment chain and assume it's the same person?

LIGHT PUNCH
MEDIUM PUNCH
LIGHT KICK
HEAVY PUNCH
HOLD DIAGONAL WHICHEVER WAY YOU FUCKIN GOIN

i guess you like the ice effect then since its unrealistic or is trash garbage too?

>new tech standards for xbox one
>xbox one
yet it still doesnt even exceed the standards for the 360

this is one of the worst crowbcat videos yet. half of these are just less camera shake. Also, fuck me, gears 1-2 had some of the most unappealing colour palettes.

No, that's not true. The Sires were an entirely different arch in Gears.

Attached: trannyera.png (1310x62, 11K)

It was a franchise set in a post apocalyptic future where everything turned to shit. obviously its gonna be brown and grey.

It's almost as if it has its tech elsewhere, you dumb zoomer, but nope, no no no no, Crowbcat made a 5 minute video showing the game has NO CAMERA SHAKE, A PLANT ISNT REACTING TO YOU AND THE WATER DOESNT MAKE A WAVE! That CLEARLY means this game has no technology and is absolute shit because we all know, camera shake and camera bobbing in FPS games are the pinnacle of tech. There isn't anything else like it.

Attached: xbrop.png (488x663, 103K)

Time for this boomer to tell me why new = bad

>i guess you like the ice effect then
It's better than nothing, I suppose.

>Simple gun
You can shoot any of the stone walls and have it break, shoot the ice floor that isn't flagged as breakable and suddenly your bullets are shit. Hit the magic spot and poof a predetermined chunk of the floor is gone. its a glorified red barrel.

wow Yea Forums and reddit are literally the same thing

GEARS BAD CROW BAD EA BAD

I guess 99% of games that came out after Gears 2 are absolute shit then because they don't have destruction like in Gears 2, so the only games that we should be allowed to play are Gears 2 and Red Faction! All other games are garbage.

The problem is that even colourful things are just grey. Gears 1 and 2 has that trademark early unreal 3 game look due to over reliance on post process filters and insanely low precision DoF. It's just ugly visually. 3 was just as bleak yet it looked considerably better without being so grey.

OLD GOOD
YAAAAAAAY ME LIKE OLD THING!

OLD BAD
NEW GOOD
CROW BAD
REDDIT GOOD

Destruction was always very hit/miss in Gears games. It was inconsistent in what you could destroy and what you couldn't. Some areas you could destroy absolutely everything, and in others it was static as fuck.
Also removing obnoxious camera shake effects is not a bad thing, its better for gameplay

Takes me fucking back, user. That was a long time ago now, fucking well over 10 years.

I remember how Uncharted 2 kind of changed everything. It suddenly brought color into the mix and like just like that was the console king, the best looking game by far and people were blown away by it.

Attached: articleLarge.jpg (600x306, 83K)

youtube.com/watch?v=K6U0oUz0FI0

>Oh no he pointed out that environmental hazards aren't really applicable to the thread
>Better run to extremes
You're unironically right though, 99% of games that did come after gears 5 was shit, countless phone games, shitty steam games, buggy AAA disasters. It's all shit. At least you can take solace that the anger for Gears 5 will be forgotten in a week, maybe two.

Attached: 1484725987126.jpg (2177x2338, 2.53M)

Where do I even download games for Xenia?

youtu.be/dyUbSm25ax8

Get cucked Micheal

>Video literally shows gameplay elements downgraded for the sake of "realism"
>REEEEEEEEEEEE, NEW GAME GOOD NEW GAME GOOD NEW GAME GOOD

Zoomers have no shame or taste

Attached: 1566272194443.gif (416x410, 876K)

based 5d chess poster

Did you not play 5? Sires were the first creation during the research. Then after time the Locust were created using Sire and Human DNA. You actually fight OG Locust drones in 5.

The AI is 100% braindead and this is just a mechanic that exploits that further.

>Gears two is not a zoomer game
It was only 11 years.
>It was only 11 years.

Attached: 1491752512341.png (827x539, 219K)

You niggers are just acting as if not having these effects it makes the games pure shit and unplayable, I'm just saying what you say but applied to all games that don't have that feature.

>That last one just falls through the ice without it visibly being broken
lmao

Earth died off and humanity fled to Sera. When they arrived the locust were living below the surface in The Hollow, and the humans were living on the surface as they're used to. Whilst drilling for oil and other minerals, humanity came across a substance called Imulsion. Imulsion was a powerful fuel source and highly coveted, but unearthing it led to it slowly spreading throughout The Hollow, infecting and mutating the Locust that came in contact with it. The Imulsion never stopped spreading, think of it as drilling into the earth's crust and magma flowing out or something. During this time SOMEHOW the very humanoid queen of the Locust and Marcus Phoenix's father- Adam, discussed a peaceful means to halting the Imulsion flow. Unfortunately, thanks to the value of Imulsion for the humans of Sera, this never came to be and the Locust were forced to the surface to survive. They hated the humans for flooding their home with Imulsion and mutating/killing their kin, and rightly so. However, the Locust are totally fucked up anyway so it's like saying hey you stole 10 bucks from that demon. It's a morally wrong thing to do but it's a god damn demon so whatever. Humanity was technically in the wrong for not finding an alternative fuel source to Imulsion and the Locust were in the wrong for ordering xenocide in the most fucked up ways imaginable. There was no doubt room on the surface for both species to co-exist but who gives a shit because that would make for a trash game.

>screen shake makes the game better
this is a new low even for this clickbaiter shit

Attached: keksimus maximus.jpg (596x628, 67K)

I can't believe gears 5 is fucking shit, not buying and xtards on suicide watch

>DigitalSo()ydry
Your time is up, old timers

yea lets ignore the destruction at 3:15 onwards

Gears 1 was the best because it nailed horror and gore. Act 3 was never topped in any of the sequels. And just like Halo the trilogy should've been were it ended.

>Gears of War 2 = 78 userscore
>Gears 5 = 89 userscore
>BUT CROWBCAT MUH SCREENSHAKE!

>but the screen shake!!!!
Yes, just ignore everything else. You fucking xcucks are starting to remind me of sony niggers and the puddle meme.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Attached: cbb.png (1273x1545, 263K)

Gears of War 2 was a shit game but it was still miles ahead of Gears 5

CROWBCAT IS A FUCKING COWARD!! RESETERA WAS BLOWING THE FUCK OUT OF HIM!! LMAO

Attached: e4f5f3e54f08304621fddcb243e0a166.png (1616x425, 110K)

> cliffy b is the good guy

gears of war was always shit

Attached: defunes3.jpg (1006x729, 158K)

because he's a VR shill

Both look shitty, but he makes shills seethe, so he's good in my book.

Attached: 1566256180209.png (316x400, 112K)

No one except you said that, you're just flying into the extremes. its just funny seeing old games having more attention to detail than newer game.
If a game has better attention to detail than its sequels while also being on older software, then yes there is something wrong and the game is probably shit.

How is he racist?

3 is better than 2

>retardera

Attached: 1553724614617.jpg (464x618, 32K)

I dont think that anyone on this planet, that has a fully working brain, could've given a single fuck about gears of war

pretty much the only tech stuff shown in the video is the destruction, everything else is just exaggerated animations, camera shake or some visual details like the sand so i dont know why people are shitting on 5s tech

>3: Blood Dragon bad
Nigga, what?

>more likely to be passion and creativity among a dev team of say 30
Certainly true. But in this case it's a matter of focus and priority. Pretty environments sell the game to the masses. Blood, guts and intensity only sell to a fraction of the nu audience.

>dude synthwave and neon dragons xD

>>I'll just cherry pick him back! That'll show him!
are you retard?

a NPC like you will never understand gears of war, you think you are smart and have original thoughts but neither is true

>t. discord tranny

Are you?

>80S BAD
>90S GOOD

Attached: go.png (720x480, 388K)

>dont notice the small details
>ignores it
>crowbcat points it out
>OH MY GOD THE NEW GAMES DONT HAVE IT REFUND REFUND REEEEEEE
Is there anything more pathetic?

I stopped watching his shit when he said GTA 4 was good

It's the 30fps that makes 2 look weightier

Nu-gears lacks as much "weight" and "intensity" as old gears lacked color who would have guessed/gives a shit? Would watch crowbs shit more if he wasn't the biggest nitpick there is. Ain't even like the first three were anything more than "muh gritty cover bumper" but here we are.

Gears 1
>Feels like a horror movie

Gears 2
>we gona sav da worl

Gears 3
>we gon sav da worl 2

Gears 4
>???

Gears 5
>?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Just wait until people start calling "weight and intensity" buzzwords because they're too retarded to draw their own conclusions

The fuck is this site? If it's not trying to whore yourself out for social media brownie points, it is engaging in discussions that always go:

>hey I have an argument against thing with supporting details

>Well I like thing, so none of that matter. It's good and you wrong.

Every. Fucking. Time.
If you are going to join a discussion to defend something you like, at least try to support it with out going all "muh feelings." Fucking form some independent thought you goddamn NPCs.

Gears of War 2 was the best game in the series in every way. There's no way you can deny it.

>laughed out of youtube
>comes sneaking back in
>no attempt to damage control
>i-its out
The fall of crowbcat is video worthy

>literally fucking yetis
what the fuck happened to gears of war ?

>implying color palette has anything to do with technical capabilities
dumb fucking anime poster

This guy never makes vids for Sony games? Why is that?

THIS IS MY SUNDAY BEST

I don't know why people are so ready to draw their conclusions on the statements he's making in his videos when it's clearly focused on the topic the videos are titled. He's not implying anymore or any less and supports the statement he makes. It's everyone else who decides to imply that he's saying one game is better than the other or one game is good at all.

I don't know why everyone seems in support of game developers taking a step backwards in quality design for the sake of implying old games are purely better than new games or vice versa.

>neon and synthwave are like TOTALLY the 80s dude!
T. someone that didnt exist during the 80s

It really gave it away when he went hard on shitposting against the Switch

So we're all basically hipsters, right? And we're only defending Gears 5 because bashing is popular, right? But everyone in this thread is defending it, so shouldn't we be bashing it?

That's some Big Brain Wojak shit right there!

one of his e3 vids had a we wuz kangz joke in it, for when assassin's creed origins was revealed.

I appreciate your answer. That was very well summarized

youtube.com/watch?v=6__TvBzAVj8
retards

>PS4 - 5:20
>Switch - 12:15
>despite the PS4 having a higher failure rate
Huh, really proved our point for us really.

>higher failure rate
Source?

Because the videos are nothing but examples of the single statements he makes in the title. Not every video ever made criticizing a game has to be a full on review. He focuses almost entirely on the technological standpoints.

NEW GAME: BAD
OLD GAME: GOOD

So we can't talk about video games because that's shilling, we can't talk about people who talk about games because they're e-celebs. Tell me user, since it's you who dictates what everyone on the internet is allowed to discuss, what are we supposed to talk about?

Right from SONY's mouth
web.archive.org/web/20131123120232/https://www.kotaku.com.au/2013/11/ps4-failure-rate-is-less-than-1-sony-says/

That isn't enough to make the conclusion you made.

>an actual epidemic of Blue Light Of Death recorded and discussed about by the company
>t-that doesn't mean anything
Jesus christ crowbcat, not even trying

The dude didnt even make an E3 vid that year Sony had all that embarrassing shit. Also nothing about Days Gone? He just shits on Xbox and Nintendo the most with an occasional Sony jab.

keep saying it

that's not the point. You're taking it personally.

this, anyone defending the gear series is the reason gaming went to shit. it was one of the pioneers of chest high walls and EPIC cutscenes instead of good gameplay. fuck all of you

You stated that the failure rate was higher than Switch. You can find an "epidemic" of the same on Switch (if not bigger) and that article was from the launch period of the PS4 ie. where they introduced the brand new product with a new production process, which they have refined significantly since.

1 is harder and even more fierce in combat. Also, the combat doesn't work well in big environments, 1's confinement is a strong point.

>You stated that the failure rate was higher than Switch
>You can find an "epidemic" of the same on Switch
Really what epidemic comes close to the Blue Light of Death ?

>that article was from the launch period of the PS4
>launch PS4? You can't criticize that!
>Crowbcats launch Switch? Even the ones where the person came forward and said it was fake? True and honest representation! All the switches have that! 99.99% failure rate!

the only nintendo attack he did was with that switch vid. he mainly targets xbox stuff because nobody will give a fuck as it's cool to hate xbox right now.

Did you forget the Odyssey video?
Where is his Days Gone video? It had tons of problems at the beginning.

What prevented Iron Man from pulling this off in Endgame? He had nanomachine tech by Infinity War.

odyssey video? the gta iv mod one? i don't see how that's an attack on the game.
and he's just asking for dislikes if he ever attacks a sony exclusive. it's not "in" to attack playstation right now and people will accuse him of being an xbot.

>it's not "in" to attack playstation right
On ResetERA
In the real world other people have done videos and they've done fine

When these INCOMPETENT FUCKS will realease Gears of War 2 on PC?

Why there is nobody sane among these niggers in Microsoft.

Attached: 1557662736683.jpg (700x933, 92K)

holy shit i thought that was gear 4 vs gears 5
what the fuck happened?

>Really what epidemic comes close to the Blue Light of Death ?
It wasn't an epidemic. Almost no one actually had that issue.
It is up to you to prove that the failure rate is higher. I am not making any claims or critisisms.

holy shit fpbp
BERSERKER BARRAGE

Attached: bb.gif (296x200, 53K)

>Almost no one actually had that issue
>i-it didn't effect me so it doesn't exist
What?

Forza motorsport series. MGS, and cowadooty?

You are being obtuse on purpose.
Amazing how when something doesn't fit your toddler narrative, your brain just breaks.

>You are being obtuse on purpose.
>provide evidence of an actual problem with launch PS4s
>y-you're being obtuse!

>provide evidence
No. I asked you to provide me a source on the claim that the PS4 hardware failure-rate is higher than the hardware Switch failure-rate.

>citing lefty/pol/

>dev changes something
>notice the small details
>make a mod to fix the small details
>crowbcat points it out
>I DIDN'T NOTICE IT, SO NO ONE ELSE CARES! STOP COMPLAINING, PAY ATTENTION TO ME!

Attached: giphy.gif (322x281, 1.43M)

>EPIC cutscenes instead of good gameplay.
Sup.

Attached: Metal_Gear_Solid_cover_art.png (250x215, 32K)

>I made a thread discussing if we need mods to prevent us from seeing a video

its like a cult.
Like a straight up fucking cult.

gamers btfo

Attached: 15144124414490.jpg (322x376, 21K)

wawam power i gause . but we dont geting a well written character any more so thats it
why cant we just follow some random girl story who will become something becouse of her actions and not just because

Somehow I think the Switch is presently having more hardware problems, if you catch my drift

Attached: 57486217_2288466941393790_5057391228753018880_n.png (400x400, 233K)

>devs "changed" something that was never there in GoW5's release
What a retard
>gow2 came out years ago no one couldve never noticed those parts were gone
>unless someone blatantly points it out
OH MY GOOOD ITS GONE ITS GONE REEEE

Attached: 1567927275290.png (137x139, 42K)

>sister
kek fuckin got him

Attached: bsefg.gif (480x270, 927K)

AAAAHHH HOWS IT TASTE
KEEP THE RYTHM UP
IF YOU FUCK UP THE RYTHM THE MOTHERFUCKIN COMBO WILL DROP

he was clearly referring to all crowbat videos and still making up shit that he assumes people think.

Fuck we litterally had none stop Gears threads pointing this out before his video.

sticky nades ruined pvp
prove me wrong

>pic not related

>implying the gameplay changed at all anyways
Ohhhh! I get it! You're pretending to be retarded aren't you dude?
Awesome, well it's 8pm and you have school tomorrow buckaroo!

holy fucking based

>critical of csgo
>targets lootboxes in his video
the people who are complaining about him dont even watch his shit kek

Attached: 626848_full.png (270x270, 36K)

Can you maskfags go back to ?

Attached: ra,unisex_tshirt,x2200,dd2121_8219e99865,front-c,392,146,750,1000-bg,f8f8f8.u1.jpg (750x1000, 78K)

>mfw when i shoot ice and it slowly glows white and explodes

Attached: 49711688_169020457405124_989186785723097078_n.jpg (320x320, 12K)

LMFAO THEY DONT EVEN HAVE A FALLING ANIMATION
SEETHE GEARS FAGS

Attached: lett.png (579x467, 14K)

>you NPC
>i like gears of war

fisch

Attached: k.png (333x333, 282K)

BASED AND REDPILLED

>Try and find something good to talk about
>Resort to the fucking motion blur

No wonder Xcucks and Trannyera are seething.

shameful an embarrassing. modern games development in a nutshell. lazy cash-grabs from devs and studios who dont give a shit about games.
i dont even like gears of war but this video speaks for itself

30fps>than everything else always

You cant hide

Attached: NIGGER.jpg (447x537, 68K)

Good luck making a ten minute video centered around a three second flute gag.

Fact is, Xcuck, last two E3s were sterile as fuck

Wait what happened?

VR shilling

this

Oh wow! Projecting at 9pm????
Isn't it your bedtime retard?

Attached: fAncIsRCiDoRujEKKWw4YFfr1uRw39_a0b8iFyy-2Ks.jpg (532x640, 46K)

>It really gave it away when he went hard on shitposting against the Switch
I mean the Switch is pretty easy to make fun of, 90% of their library is just ports.

I watched about 60 seconds of this and 95% of it can be boiled down to shittier sound effects. Gears 2 ones just sound meatier. The gears 2 sounds are noticeably louder as well though that could be due to settings in the game made by the user or it could just be the gears 5 teams is fucking retarded when it comes to sound levels.

>project so hard you think responses to projecting are projecting

Whats with those "OLD GOOD NEW BAD" posts? He is showing comparasion of technological details that newer games ditched and the titles/descriptions directly state so.

>Whats with those "OLD GOOD NEW BAD" posts?

whats objectively wrong with that statement?

youtu.be/UUxJpDtg0Bs

Which video are they linking?

based and protonpilled

Gears 5 is still a beautiful game
youtu.be/9BiQaRO2oco

Attached: 3398474-gears-5_squad.jpg (3840x2160, 947K)