PC "master race" on suicide watch

"PlayStation 5 To Be Almost As Powerful As RTX 2080"

wccftech.com/playstation-5-powerful-rtx-2080/

Looks like next gen consoles are gonna shit on most of your obsolete PC's

Attached: PS5-740x416.jpg (740x416, 13K)

>almost as powerful
>as a gpu released almost two years ago
wow, they really showed pc gaming!

ok

That's an 800 dollar high end graphics card you retard.

>almost as powerful

Alright, before this shitpost thread takes off, let me debunk this.
The RX 5700 draws ~150W alone, for comparison, the entire XboneX draws roughly 200W.
Navi is also notoriously hot, to the point where AMD's reference designs were regularly hitting 100C, and the cooling in consoles is likely going to be even worse than AMD's reference designs considering how bad they were this gen.
Lastly, there's already been a leak for Navi 10 Lite, a GPU that exists as a cut-down RX 5700, and it leaked alongside an 8-core/16-thread CPU part clocked at 1.6 - 2 GHz.
So chances are the PS5 will not only not be almost as powerful as an RTX 2080, but may end up being even weaker than an RTX 2060.
The PS4 was also supposedly going to be as strong as a GTX 680/HD 7970, and that turned out to be bullshit as well.

They say this every gen and it always ends up looking and running like shit. Who the fuck even cares about the next playstation? The best game on 4 is fucking kingdom hearts 2 in 60fps

Not op here, but even an rtx2060 is a pretty good card worth about 500 bucks in itself

The RTX 2060 sells for as little as $340 actually.

And by the time the PS5 comes out it will be easily surpassed by cheaper cards.

>only feature of a pc is graphics
>almost as powerful as a mid range pc
Wowee you got a winner on your hands!

Not if the ps5 comes out in under a year

>almost as powerful as a GPU that's already on its way out

kek

How much will the PS5 be before we even get into this?

a rtx2080 is overkill for a console
it will probably be slightly stronger than a rtx2060 when you consider low level api's and optimizations but even that is bad for your average pc gamer who doesn't even have card as powerful as a gtx1060, probably
also, game devs will actually start optimizing for multiple threads on am hardware, which could see diminishing returns for folks on intel cpus

the consoles this gen were woefully under powered and it gave pc gamers a false sense of superiority, people on hobbyist rigs have noting to worry about but mid level rigs and lower could have issues running next gen games

The rtx2080 is one of the best cards in the world, specifically the rtx2080ti is the best there is more or less.

The rtx2080 is capable of 4k 60fps for most games.

NVIDIAs next line of GPUs will be out in a year or two and will obviously beat the 2080, but that doesn't mean it becomes obsolete. It will still be a high end card for years to come.

To be honest I was expecting people to argue with me by saying that it's just a bullshit rumour and the ps5 will no way come close to an rtx2080. The fact nobody said this makes me think the ps5 is gonna be pretty beefy

Nah, Navi is way too hot for that, it'll be slightly weaker than an RTX 2060 and console optimization isn't really a thing anymore, see Control.

>just upgrade my PC for cheaper than the cost of a PS5
>keep my dignity, the flexibility of PC, and my soul

Who knows, probably same price as the Xbox one X was on release

It won't

im taking into account optimizations that will be made at the silicon level man, this isn't just a pc part picked off the shelf an thrown into a box

btw, control is a shitty optimize game that doesn't even run that well on pc

it's coming out next winter

>this isn't just a pc part picked off the shelf an thrown into a box
That is literally exactly what it is actually.
And the vapor chamber stuff won't help nearly as much as it did with the XboneX considering PC Navi GPUs already use vapor chambers and still need some pretty beefy cooling to not run extremely hot.

that's more than a year

>Have PS4 since early-mid 2017

Unironically have not touched it since around that time. Sorry, nothing Sony does at this point is going to impress me.

it's winter where im at bud

AMD doesn't even have a GPU that competes with the 2080 nor will it be low cost. How should that even work?

Might boot it up for Ghost of Tsushima but they sure as shit are taking their time.

It won't, see

I bought it for a special pack (bb + tw3) in 2015.
Played FIFA with some friends then sold it.
Now i'm waiting for switch emulator to be done, so i can build a PC with a powerful CPU, then plug in on my 4k tv and play some smash/Zelda in 4K 60fps.

I don't give a shit about how powerful it is when I'm forced to use a shitty controller.

Basically a year you autist, 14 months. By then the rtx2080 will still easily be high end

Sony wins again

This is bullshit, but the ps5 will still be a bigger leap than ps3/ps4. Zen 2 + navi will be strong. I also expect that devs (they are the biggest issue, they can't code) finally can optimize their shit for multicore.

What's the point if we're going to be stuck with 20fp thanks to le 4k graphics meme.

>"PlayStation 5 To Be Almost As Powerful As RTX 2080"
ONE
THOUSAND
DOLLARS

Attached: 1.png (846x900, 448K)

Who cares how powerful your console is when developers never make use of it.

>PC "master race" on suicide watch
The day someone kills themselves over something this who-gives-a-shit is the day we'll all be fucked.

>the ps5 will still be a bigger leap than ps3/ps4.
>Going from an 8600 GT equivalent with 512 MB of RAM to an HD 7870 equivalent with 8 GB of RAM is a smaller leap than going from an HD 7870 equivalent with 8 GB of RAM to a sub-RX 5700 equivalent/Vega 56 equivalent with 12-16 GB of RAM
No.

Will it have a Blu-ray player? Because that's all my PS4 is good for.

>Almost As Powerful As RTX 2080
this is what consolekiddies think

Attached: 1563116441598.png (1161x1747, 1.24M)

Your time is coming, PCfag.
The BEST graphics.
The BEST community.
The BEST way to play.
...Playstation 5. The MOST POWERFUL gaming hardware there is.

user we've heard this shit time and time again every time a new console is coming out.
>It will be as powerful as a high end PC this time I promise!

It never is.

Yes.

>never make use of it
>every single great game of last year was on PS4, some only on PS4
I can understand why you're feeling terrible reget, but that's no reason to lie.

Attached: 1542212461827.png (684x1660, 703K)

>Comes in x years
>PC already evolved to better hardware

>outdated hardware
>Almost As
phffttt

Attached: 1545895732673.jpg (437x609, 58K)

Honestly i’ve completely stopped caring about graphics and 4K ass kissing

I’d rather get 4 games with PS2 graphics than 1 game that fucking sucks

I guess today's the launch of PS5's astroturfing campaign

Why are snoys the only ones that think they can go neck to neck with PC. You play on old hardware, even if this is true it'll still be weaker than a low end PC.

Same. I care about a good art style than shitty realism that runs at 20 FPS.

go away /g/

Bought it week before P5 launched. Finished it and didn't play a single game since then. I'm only using it for BD, Netflix, HBO and pendrive movies. Will probably use it again once P5R launches and that's it.

No more than 300$
That’s the console sweet spot anything more falls off a cliff sales wise

Control runs well in DX12 without RTX

Attached: 1566061117038.jpg (2000x2470, 1.4M)

a console is just a shit pc, you know that right? they aren't separate technology, pc is modular, customisable and allow you to have the best experience if it is your hobby - consoles are locked proprietary hardware, and use older and worse parts to keep the cost down for the consumers who don't know anything about tech

>almost as powerful
Just like the PS3 and just like PS4, call again when the console actually surpasses the PC

>20fps
>""""game""""

ITT PCerdo cope

>Marvels spiderman
>good
>god of war
>good
>celeste
>good

Nice meme and tired opinion

Same
Ever since I brought myself a Roku I literally haven’t turn on my PS4 on in forever
It used to be my rocket league machine but I hate that game now

ps3 will have 144fps!

I remember them calling the PS4 in 2013 a super charged PC that could run games at 1080p 60fps. Not falling for that again.

2080 is already obsolete. Just because AMD are shit and can't compete with it doesn't mean it's not already obsolete. It's essentially a 16nm card which is a process from nearly 4 years ago and the GPU die size is fuckhuge. Nvidia literally released it because they know AMD couldn't compete with them and proof is AMDs new cards on the cutting edge 7nm process are literally barely able to compete with Nvidias cards on some ancient process. Even on the efficiency side of things AMDs cards are only competitive with these RTX cards despite the 7nm process bringing a 1.25x efficiency improvement over the 16nm process the RTX cards are on. If these consoles don't want to be obsolete when they come out they need to be as powerful as an RTX 3080 in 7nm not 2080. 2080 will be poorfag budget $200 tier by the time the 3080 on 7nm comes out.

It will surpass 90% of PC's you retard. That's the whole point of the article

Nah, most consolefags outside of Nintendodudes seem to think that their povertyboxes are stronger than they are.

Attached: Control_DX11_2019_08_28_08_25_13_971.jpg (3840x2160, 3.55M)

I'll keep saying this: consolefags have no idea what makes pc great. Its not just graphics you stupid baboons.
Also: ps5 will cost 800 just for glorified movies and remasters. Have fun.

Attached: 1567958125947.png (1900x1000, 248K)

so you're saying it can surpass my mother's laptop? amazing

Graphics cards don't age that badly, your being dramatic

Again, it won't, since it'll be sub-RTX 2060 levels of performance.
Chances are it'll surpass maybe 70% of gaming PCs, which is largely pretty pathetic.

Well the ps3 would've been pretty high end by 2005 standards but yeah there's no way next gen will be anywhere near a 2080ti

I don't cre, let me know when TVs and consoles can push 144Hz. 60Hz gives me a headache.

Attached: 1477882030227.gif (408x303, 708K)

>few months ago
>ps5 is on par with 2070
>now
>its almost as powerful as 2080
oh jesus, by the time its out it will top rtx 3080ti

Going by the article, it will surpass PC's that cost about 1400 dollars

new gen will be surely more powerful than current one, but I really hope you don't believe in bullshit like this.

This
>Gyroscope has existed in PS controllers for over a decade
>Nintendo is the only one to actually use gyro aiming
Just fucking why?
For something so simple:
fine tuning your shots using motion controls has completely changed the game for me
Now anything without gyro feels like N64 hot dogshit

Attached: C65B68CF-759C-427B-BC77-5A884A5F03A5.png (489x424, 129K)

>yes anons, the ps5 will be twice as powerful as a 5000€ pc and cost 5€

>HD 7870 equivalent
no
Sony said it would be equivalent to a 7870 but in actual performance it really wasn't. A full 7870 was 52% faster than the base PS4 GPU. In fact, the PS4 PRO GPU is barely faster than the 7870 Ghz edition.

Attached: PS4 base GPU specs.png (641x458, 33K)

Didn't they say Cell processor could control nuke or something?

>rtx2080
>2 years old
what? bullshit

AMD is still refining RDNA, dont count them out yet. It will take 3 years for Navi to roll on RDNA2 probably then they'll be one step behind Nvidia instead of 2 or 3.