Can we finally admit that this game wasn't good?

Can we finally admit that this game wasn't good?

Attached: 220px-Silent_Hill_2.jpg (220x317, 25K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=f8A22ulogJs
youtube.com/watch?v=zy_AQEogQdU
youtube.com/watch?v=pzCACLbMhZA
youtube.com/watch?v=aR2ONOqshBI
youtube.com/watch?v=ZNeIWyHBeD0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I prefer my games to have no soul at all, so yes

Gameplay is shit but that’s expected but that’s also not what you’re here for.

No, the game is great.
SH1 is just way better.

Its a masterpiece

No

SH1 has the best aesthetics and is overall more scary
SH2 is like slowly entering a bog of madness and repressed feelings. At the end of the game I was a crying shambling mess

Practically this. But SH1 also has superior pacing, map-design, and overall challenge. As a "survival horror", it's a hill-high above 2.

Yes it is

>being this contrarian

this game is not for add-riddled zoomers, so stay out and go back to fortnite.

Yes. It was a chore to play.

Storyfags can die in a fire

The monsters suck besides Pyramid Head.

Nah. And that's one shallow criticism in general.

>Storyfags can die in a fire
I WISH SH2 was worth playing for the story. In fact, the bad storytelling is the most disappointing thing about it.

Attached: 128481872121.jpg (2000x1917, 967K)

Planescape: Torment is the most overrated game of all time and is even more tedious than SH2.

>Planescape: Torment
Never even finished it, was litreally a reading-simulator

>Planescape: Torment is the most overrated game
By whom? It sold like a 100k copies while Silent Hill sold millions and spawned like a dozen sequels.

By pretentious nerds online who think playing a dialogue tree simulator with hardly any gameplay makes them intellectual

>READING HARD
Planescape: torment isn't even particularly text-heavy compared to other story-driven RPGs.

Attached: 12382813821.jpg (738x302, 106K)

The games only got like 3 common monsters on top of the shit combat.

>By pretentious nerds online who think playing a dialogue tree simulator with hardly any gameplay makes them intellectual
I'm not seeing this at all. There are barely any topics discussing Planescape while I see multiiple threads EVERY DAY jerking off SH2.

And that's on Yea Forums, which tends to talk more about relativeely obscure games like Planescape in the first place. Go to a normie forum and you're very unlikely to find anyone who has even played Planescap.

>this game is not for add-riddled zoomers, so stay out and go back to fortnite.

Attached: 1538305988578.jpg (1409x1652, 861K)

Honestly, Silent Hill 2 is not a good horror game. It lacks Resident Evil's tension of managing limited resources while being forced to backtrack frequently to solve puzzles and overcome obstacles, or any sort of engaging gameplay loop, really.

It's also one of the most egregious cases of ludonarrative dissonance I have ever seen. What the hell are arcade-style bullet sponge bosses doing in a psychological drama about an ordinary man coming to terms with his grief and guilt? Were the developers so lazy they couldn't think of any thematically appropriate obstacles for the protagonist to overcome?

Then there are the hours of cutscenes that undermine the atmosphere. You will never be surprised or caught offguard by anything, because as soon as something scary threatens to happen, the game takes control away from you and plays a lengthy cutscene that showcases the scary thing from every possible angle. This destroys any tension, immersion, as well as any sense of horror, since the character is safe from harm during the cutscenes.

The game is also guilty of the same thing as The Sixth Sense: a plot twist that makes no sense, because it relies on the main character being oblivious to things he should know. The plot twist in The Sixth Sense makes no sense because Bruce Willis' character should be aware of his ghost status everytime he enters a locked door by phasing through it or does something else ghostly. The movie contrivedly always avoids showing instances like these to fool the audience, but that doesn't explain why the main character is also shocked by the plot twist. Ditto for Silent Hill 2's James Sunderland. Yes, he's repressing painful memories, but he shouldn't behave like he has amnesia just to facilitate a plot twist.

The dialogue and voice acting are just bad. The story is supposed to be mature and unnerving, but the awful dialogue and delivery makes it difficult to take seriously.

Attached: 1555516508791.jpg (667x593, 242K)

Yes, and?
For starters, it is not an action game.
Second, the combat is a bit TOO GOOD for survival-horror's standards. Also too easy to completely ignore.

lol almost like those games are generations apart or something lmao

also almost as if TLOU is just a bad game hmmm

the difference is the narrative
while The Last of Us is basically:
>lmao zombies
>oh no people die, not my dad ;_;
>I need to be strong and survive

Silent Hill 2 has a complex narrative covering real issues.
The environment in the game evolves as you delve deeper into the issues of the different character mind, symbolism and metaphores are used.
There are multiple endings depending on your playstyle, and there are multiple ways to decipher what the game was really about

also the music is iconic
youtube.com/watch?v=f8A22ulogJs

No we can't, because it was. Fuck off, you contrarian cunt.

I never see people post the actual horror songs from these games.

youtube.com/watch?v=zy_AQEogQdU

Still not horror enough.

youtube.com/watch?v=pzCACLbMhZA
youtube.com/watch?v=aR2ONOqshBI
youtube.com/watch?v=ZNeIWyHBeD0

What are some games besides SH2 that zoomers will just never understand?

Attached: MistyDay.png (871x593, 739K)

metal gear solid 2

Of course not, you faggot.

coomers don’t like the psychoanalysis of sexual proclivities.

you’re not a coomer, are you?

The only one i bothered beating

Guns kill things because bullets what more do you need lmao?

Everything that was made before their time.

its a fantastic game that ruined the series.