Any crowdfunded games you're still waiting on user? Are you worried with how you think they're gonna turn out...

Any crowdfunded games you're still waiting on user? Are you worried with how you think they're gonna turn out, or are you expecting some great vidya down the line?

Attached: Crowdfunding Platforms.png (500x426, 35K)

Other urls found in this thread:

indiegogo.com/projects/love-money-rock-n-roll/x/13208796#/
youtube.com/watch?v=NgxKlx5YtgA
kickstarter.com/projects/1300298569/project-phoenix-japans-indie-rpg-feat-aaa-talent
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>buying a product before it's available

Waiting on Psyconauts 2, Wasteland 3, Indivisible, Starmancer and technically Shovel Knight: King of cards. Only thing I'm worried about is the potential for ESG exclusivity

Little Devil Inside, Psychonauts 2 and Edge of Eternity. I chose the PS4 version of EoE so I can't play the early access version on Steam.

>Psychonauts 2

Fingers crossed that this one ends up good.

Pathologic 2 was the last one that I was expecting. Technically Project Phoenix, but that was a scam. That's money they got from .

There were some redflags based on Double Fine and Tim Schafer's recent history at the time but Psychonauts is one of my favorite games so I backed it anyway, hope I don't get fucked. It seems promising. I was hoping I would have played it by now but there's been 2 delays.

>worry about egs exclusive
Nah nigga, Tim will refund it with his tencent cash. You can enjoy a pirated version for free and still have your contribution be meaningful.

indiegogo.com/projects/love-money-rock-n-roll/x/13208796#/ It's a visual novel. It was originally meant to come out in March of 2017.

>Project Phoenix

Man this one takes me back. Glad I never funded that one.

>giving money to a random stranger off of the streets to """maybe""" have a game """finished"""
I'm still dabbing to this day on the retards who funded any shitstarter project
>b-b-but what if Shovel Knight
you have to understand that for every "shovel knight' there's fucking 100 games that turned out being garbage like Mighty no 9 or in most cases, never made. These idiots are the reason why the lottery still exists today

Attached: 7489e3dc21ac7443a2d8dac57c0599993ac24b2a.png (594x474, 73K)

>Original Kickstarter in 2012
>Slated to come out in 2014 (following the also-slated conclusion of Homestuck in 2013)
>Development wound up taking up time away from the comic (which didn't actually end until 2016)
>Contracted developer stole the money and didn't work on the game, creator wound up severing their relationship and starting his own studio to actually make it in 2014
>Announced it would be released episodically shortly afterwards
>First episode announced for Spring 2015
>Spring 2015 comes and goes, doesn't come out. First episode release date revised to "mid-2015".
>Mid-2015 comes, delay is announced. No word on how long.
>Complete radio silence until December, when they announce that they've completely restarted development
>First trailer for the rebooted version comes out October 2016, states release date of January 2017
>January 2017 comes and goes, no release
>Act 1 finally comes out September 2017

>Act 2 release date announced for Spring 2018
>Still hasn't come out

In conclusion: youtube.com/watch?v=NgxKlx5YtgA

Attached: HiveSwapGraphic.png (780x412, 324K)

kickstarter.com/projects/1300298569/project-phoenix-japans-indie-rpg-feat-aaa-talent

Remember this. Haha. Still nothing. I backed $25

>All this happens
>All while Toby releases Undertale in 2015 and becomes a multi-millionaire and already in production of his second game

I haven't been aware of a single new game crowdfund since Bloodstained and Indivisible back in 2015. I grant that that's largely because I stopped paying attention to the platform after those campaigns wrapped up, but I've also heard zero chatter here or on other forums like there used to be over the hot new KS ticket.

I feel like crowdfunding comes in waves. A slew of successful games come out, and then the concept of crowdfunding is reinvigorated. Right now we're waiting on a few of those potentially successful ones to come out. Bloodstain's really been the only one recently so far

WHERE THE FUCK IS OMORI?

I DON'T EXPECT IT TO BE GOOD BUT IT'S BEEN HALF A DECADE

It's been so long that the game it's ripping off already got an official sequel that sucks. What's the point of doing it again? OMOCAT is constantly tweeting art, but judging by the demo, he's the only talented person on the project anyways.

Attached: nomori.png (600x877, 792K)

Fight Knight

is that a yokai with a name? it looks so familiar

Attached: 1552223753728.png (1280x720, 554K)

>he doesn't know yet
oh lordy
tl;dr remember those middle class catty bitches in high school who are at their worst in junior year (while menstruating that week)? along with poor management as beginner devs, they have constant in-fighting and drama about who's fucking who and petty narcissistic shit from typical immature manchildren.

Attached: 1552165484910.jpg (610x740, 74K)

Subverse
Space Degeneracy here I come

They cannot ditch it now. It would cause massive shitstorm and loss of their reputation. First level looked pretty good desu.
I didn't back it but I'm waiting for it and hoping that it would turn out at least the same level as the first game

>Crowdfund
>Western game
no thanks. I'll just directly donate to a synagogue

Star citizen. I backed the campaign back in 2013, until now i spent a little over 1.4k in total and slowly starting to worry as to how they're going to get this done wit more and more content being added, instead of chill and develop the things that were originally planned. It's fucked up in more than one way, since the community but also ppl who are talking about it get more mad by the day.
Yesterday i was happy for finally making effective trade runs, on my road to 300k credits. Getting my ship loaded with goods, start for a final run, spent my whole 280k. Starting quantum travel (it would've taken 8 minutes to get there), half way through i get a server connection error and ctd. Back in game, needed to claim my ship (15 mins waiting time), only to find out all my goods are gone and I'm left with 415 credits.

you're just starting to worry now? where the hell have you been for six years user

On the one hand I'm very impressed that they managed to lock in the exact same art style, flavor, VAs, and such. Usually a lot of that shit would change with such a large gap between titles. On the other Schafer did go off the deep end for several years, and I suppose I'm a bit concerned by the scope of the game(as in, worried it'll be less than the first one) since that's tended to be par for course with kickstarted 3D platformers.

I was right there. I was confident in the team and everything. And i haven't given it much thought in the past desu. But there were a few poor decisions that lead to other poor decision and look where we are now. My guess is that we're still seeing more delays, cause that is kind of their thing, and eventually they're running out of money, cause at that point ppl have completely lost their faith in this project and therefore, are no longer willing to spent another cent on it.

I don't like indies but Blasphemous.

this was my cargo

Attached: Freelancer loaded 2.png (2048x1152, 3.66M)