FACT: "Savescuming" is part of the game and shouldn't be frowned upon

FACT: "Savescuming" is part of the game and shouldn't be frowned upon.

Attached: 1540088507091.png (1264x1028, 927K)

Other urls found in this thread:

steam.personal.moe
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I do it all of the time, given that the game allows it.
Fuck the naysayers.

Attached: 2001.jpg (1920x1080, 132K)

saving is too "videogaymy". I'd much prefer if modern games just instantly made me win whenever I died

If it's single player who should care how a person has their fun

I try not to do it too much because it tends to make the game less fun. This is why I don't play FE.

Your life should be frowned upon.

Depends on the game. Sometimes it can diminish the experience because your choices matter less. Mistakes snowballing makes a challenge. Doesn't mean anything if you can just undo each mistake and proceed with your clean run. Ironman can be good. But other times repeating the same segment over and over again especially if it has no variety can be tiresome and boring.

I thought savescumming mostly referred to abusing savestates.

"Savescuming" lel i prefer Savescumming lol.

Attached: 1532224818883.jpg (901x662, 259K)

"Savescumming" only exists when there is some kind of limitation on the player's ability to save and load their game normally, and that limitation is bypassed by artificial manipulation of the game's saves through a means other than the game. It is, by definition, not part of the game.

what about Savecooming?

if it's the in game save system it's fine but if it's save states it's a bit cheaty but ultimately it's people saving video games so who gives a shit?

Bethesda games trained me to save scum since they are so unstable.

FACT: If you need to make a thread in order to justify your behavior then you are a guilt riddled faggot craving vindication.

Stop making family guy threads.

Attached: varg.jpg (600x600, 17K)

Agreed, everyone does it
However, savescumming should be limited should the dev feel that it breaks the game.
I view it on the same level as constant resetting in a roguelite: it's not a bad strategy, but it just makes the game less fun and impactful

It's almost a necessity for stealth games.

What would you characterize spamming f5 in first person shooters like half life or STALKER. What's the point of dying then? If the game is well designed replaying the segment will not be a slog.

This, imagine playing hitman and right before you exit the level the AI fucks you. There went 30 minutes of your time.

Fire emblem is save scum the videogame. Nothing wrong with not wanting to waste your time getting screwed over an hour into a map.

>blocks your path

Attached: images (2).jpg (739x415, 33K)

I hear infinitely more people who say savescumming shouldn't be frowned upon than I see people actually frown upon it.

Savescuming always felt like a thing people got upset about but did it anyway. Another "hardcore" gamer hypocrisy

Using exploits is for pussies.

>saving the game is an exploit

People who nag others and tell them how to have fun are fucking gay. But people should at least understand what they're losing when they save scum, which is, tension in the gameplay and the heightened sense of loss

I agree, just like camping.

Depends on the game. Savescumming in a multiplayer RTS for example is unacceptable.

>using gay as an insult in 2019
What's next, you're gonna all me a noob too?

stupid noob

Do you even know what savescuming is?

Fun fact: Cheesing is only done when there's something wrong with the "correct" way to play the game. All games have cheese, you're only forced to find it in games that have fucked up gameplay.

If you use savestates at all in emulators you didn't actually play the game, you spineless cheater. Also applies if you save midlevel in retro FPS games.

IM COOMIN

Attached: 1561834614554.png (952x717, 186K)

>implying nobody says something's 'gay' as a synonym for stupid anymore
it's just funny.

>playing RTS online
>save at mid-game
>later
>surrounded at end-game
>opponent about to obliterate my base
>have no resources or units left
>load mid-game save
>opponent seethes
>know his strategy now, so can work around it
>win easily
>fuck his mother afterwards
Who else here devilish?

Attached: seymour.gif (425x481, 1.51M)

This. I played Morrowind on xbox a fuckton, I'm trained for it and now I do it in every game I play just in case.

Attached: 123abc.png (284x303, 3K)

If it's part of the game and not done with an external tool like an emulator, it just means the game is shit.
Most games that feature quicksaving don't even have failure mechanics, and force you to load a previous save if you die anyways.

OH MY GOD IM GONNA COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM

Attached: 1540879081462.jpg (440x386, 37K)

i love this meme

damn Beter did you really need 3 threads at the same time?
and yes it's fine
it's just playing for the "best" outcome
whatever u wanna get from the experience bro

It's not

If you actually care about someone else savescumming kindly end yourself

>completely and 100% optional exploit that affects you and only you as you play through a game
>Yea Forums shitposters seethe over it

Imagine being so autistic ally contrarian that it triggers you into oblivion when people play a game differently from you.

Attached: 1556931426041.jpg (220x200, 9K)

Yikes, *ctopath traveler

FACT: Most JRPG Games are copy and paste and are aimed towards edgy teenagers.

Reminder: unless it's to reduce grind, savescumming is the same as playing on very easy mode

Git gud, scrubs

user what's the difference between calling something gay when it doesn't work and calling you a faggot when you're being a faggot?

Fact: if you need to save more than once every 15 minutes or you die too often, then you suck at the game.

Just because it's in the game that doesn't free you from criticism for utilizing it.
No ones saying it isn't fair, it just kind of makes you a faggot
That's like playing on easy mode and saying you're just as good as the guy playing on expert mode

i can't even get into JRPGs anymore. i used to love them in high school.

JRPGs have been on a downward spiral since the PS2

japanese games are pretty bad

Attached: soyboy.jpg (757x114, 14K)

Youre just growing up dude.

i recently tried the tales of berseria demo and holy shit is that level design lifeless. definitely not something i'd expect from a $50 game.

I didn't start playing JRPGs until recently though

Still same

FACT: If a game doesnt reward you for not using a feature then the game is balanced around it. turning it off doesnt make you hardcore

i'd love to see a remaster of skies of arcadia with some modern QoL improvements.

Fact: If the game didn't want me to cheat, it wouldn't have let me.

Attached: 1542029466016.png (334x346, 120K)

then why can I still play a SNES or PS1 JRPG and fully enjoy it even if I've never played it before?

>be huge JRPG fan
>keep buying new JRPGs when they come out
>looking for that rush of good story and customization that made me love the genre
>it's not happening anymore
>feel jaded as fuck
>"m-m-maybe it's nostalgia"
>play the FF8 remastered release
>have an absolute blast, game is even better than I remembered (aside from the blurry backgrounds)
Yeah I think the genre just lost it, sadly.
I'm playing Zanki Zero now and it's... weird.

Attached: e284d9db41da20417e73a1783f9af5a36e9d348c.jpg (600x350, 23K)

Its because youre a millenial.

you're a millennial

I rule the day when we can have actual sex as a cutscene that is uncensored in a JRPG. Kinda like Witcher 3. Where the MC is not a generic trope.

that wouldn't be allowed, it would anger the otaku too much.

Youre a child at heart

There's plenty of JRPGs where you can have as much sex as you want, uncensored

sounds like a good thing

More like they cant handle it.

Yeah sure.

You dumb motherfucker
You bought literally the worst and most broken version of 8

Attached: D0FE6662242C4F90AF694B3B6E847926.jpg (500x500, 105K)

play xenoblade
As in xenoblade 1

I can play it portable on my switch so it's nice
I couldn't get into XBC1 when I was emulating it... but I actually loved XBC2 (aside from a few things). It's probably the last "modern" JRPG I've completed from beginning to end.
Not gonna lie I'm hyped for XBC1 remaster on the switch though

Play XBC1 when it's on your switch then comfy handheld jrpg user
And post discord or steam

Attached: 14562875714560.jpg (1280x960, 186K)

>And post discord or steam
for what purpose?

Attached: ef2a8a3764dcc842ed3180138d1436a58ad00a60_full.jpg (184x184, 13K)

It's only called savescumming when it's egregious.
See, there are a few conditions on which you could use save/load for something other than a bookmark to pick a game up later.
> Save and pick deliberately bad option that you know is bad, to see what happens
> Save and engage something visibly way beyond your level, knowing you're going to get fucking wrecked
AKA "Just experimenting" is not savescumming.
> Missable thing with a 1% chance that you repeatedly load and try to get
> Game hits you with a 0.01% chance-to-hit instant kill spell, you load to undo it because who the fuck would plan around that happening?
AKA "Not letting the game cheat you" is not save scumming.

Using the save system to brute force a puzzle of some sort IS savescumming though, just for instance.

XBC2 is trash though. You just have bad taste in JRPGs which probably explains why you like FF8 so much.

Just do it

Attached: 38207602.jpg (1748x2480, 901K)

>Persona 5
>You can sacrifice a persona to give another an exp boost and a new skill
>the new skill is chosen randomly
>you can save just before doing this
>end up savescumming until you get the skill you want
Why not just let us choose the new skill? Would have saved me lots of time.

Attached: 1555421390516.png (872x632, 253K)

XBC1 is a bit of a slow starter. You know, like a fair amount of JRPGs are.
The writing is pretty solid all around, but the party takes awhile to pick up enough members to be interesting.
The gameplay kinda goes for the "organic tutorial" feel in the early part. Unless you grind beyond the limits of sanity, you're introduced to a few layers of complexity at a time (different arts, more interesting equipment, etcetera) and by the time you have true freedom you should already have a very solid idea of what to do with it.
This comes at a cost of... well, it takes some time before you have complete practical freedom in how you set up your party.
I really do recommend you stick with it next time though, Project Rainfall wasn't aimed at a mediocre game.

See, some people value their time over being able to perfectly minmax.
Also, you CAN choose new skills to inherit under most circumstances.

It's especially retarded considering how they realized this mistake with inherited skills back in Golden and just allowed the player to choose which skills get passed down.

I will use any mechanic present in the game, but that doesn't mean I will like it.

True, especially if there is alot of rng.

Under most circumstances, yes. But not this one. which makes it even more strange that they would break the pattern for seemingly no reason other than to inconvenience the player.

In order to beat the Master with a pure H2H build in FO1 requires savescumming because he has a very high crit rate and if he crits you, you die. Obviously, you can beat him without throwing a punch even with a character that isn't that smart, but why the fuck would you do that when you're bringing justice to the wasteland with only your fists?

FACT: family guy memes are for normalfags and third world monkeys

kill yourself

Please don't bully me.
steam.personal.moe

I'm going to bully the hell out of you

Attached: 1562446013912.gif (320x248, 490K)

Yeah I regret posting it now. Last time I posted my steam on my tumblr blog and I got a trump suporter who was calling me gay for being into baking cakes for my dogs birthday party.

Attached: 1565750235814.png (740x724, 91K)

You are not me

You I am not

Attached: yoda.jpg (510x436, 61K)

I'm savescumming like a motherfucker in Dishonored 2.

Some people have different definitions of savescumming. As far as I know, its saving and loading repeatedly in order to get a more favorable result in RNG, or abusing savestates in an emulator. Abusing savestates is definitely not part of the game.