After beating this, why is Persona so shit in comparison?

After beating this, why is Persona so shit in comparison?

Attached: shin-megami-tensei-deep-strange-journey-527685.3.jpg (640x640, 94K)

>waifushit vn inferior to a game that actually focusses on gameplay
Whoa...

What way is it shit? Have you considered its a matter of personal taste?

sjw bullshit game.

I found SJ really boring; it's just another rote dungeon crawler. The story is preachy and the setting is incoherent for the sake of the awful writing and moralizing.

it delivers on gameplay which is the objective number 1 most important thing in any video game

Are you talking about persona or sjr?

persona isn't a game. it's a vn with gameplay elements
if it wasn't for waifubait shit, nobody would care about persona

Yeah i know right? Too bad its because of that series you can still play new entries. God i hope Atlus decides to abandon SMT as some poing knowing they found their cash cow in Persona.

As long as SMTV/future SMT games are still in development, I'm cool with Personababies funding them

How is Deep Journey compared to original? I haven't played either yet.

Its not all waifubait but it is a VN with very lite dungeon crawler. Its about being a highschool student and encountering some paranormal events.
With that said SJR doesnt really have a deep combat system. Its kindof a dumbed down version of the turn press system and the persona games have a deeper combat mechanic than SJR.

It has some cheat options and easier difficulty modes
It adds a couple endings which are all pretty good
It adds a new dungeon which is decent but hard as fuck to get through
It adds a new character that sucks dick but everyone just tells her to fuck off pretty much and then she dies
They changed everyone's character portraits for the worse

>never played the game: the post

how so

probably the worst bait i've seen in my entire life

Not just Persona, the rest of the Megaten series in general.
Nothing has yet to even come close to how good Strange Journey is.

pretty much the whole game, look at the cast and their interactions
it isn't that hard once you look for it. the point it really sunk in was the only person to make a sexual comment about zelinin's new outfit was a woman

I got bored and quit during the introduction about how the human race went extinct.

The entire game is the devs loudly whining at the player about human excess, consumerism, hurting the environment, etc and to demonstrate this the game has no meaningful setting and just randomly throws you in magical garbage dumps and malls and war zones to beat you over the head with its message. The demon negotiations also play out like groveling simulators where you're lectured about all of thi.

Most insufferable writing I've sat through in a jrpg.

>about how the human race went extinct.
Retard.

Wtf are you talking about? Zelinin?

Which Persona game have you actually tried out?

>Getting this upset over how humans are unironically a shit race.
Faggot.

Shut up faggot. I gave your game try and it got boring. Go bitch about how SMTV is never comimg out or something.

>I gave your game try
You didn't do jack shit if you're getting the fucking first 5 minutes of the game wrong, retard. An ADHD kiddy like you should go play something that requires zero thought.

The good one.

>

Attached: 1567401393213.png (397x408, 291K)

>oh shit a tough boss bettee buff up my party and debuff my opponent.

Yeah thats some hardcore shit i could never beat it.

2-5

you know, the law rep. probably spelled it wrong.

Considering Persona zoomers like you can't even beat an opening cutscene it wouldn't surprise me.

And then you tell them to fuck off, shoot the planet in the face, and become the warden of the planet, forever telling the hippy demon scum to get lost

Imagine unironically guilt-tripping IRL over a fucking video game's schlocky environmental message and getting this assblasted over it. I worry for you, user.

>not hacking your 3ds to get the game and dlc for free

Seeing as how you couldn't even beat the first dungeon, I do indeed think it's too much for your little ADHD brain to handle.

This has to be the worst SMT thread i've read recently

SJR is good. IV (and Apocalypse) is good. It's disappointing how Atlus is handling the series so far.

>Playing the absolutely inferior remake.

>Get the DLC for free
>Farm advance primes
>Be level 99 by delphinus

Attached: 1560699562474.png (152x254, 40K)

>force you to ignore 2/3 of all demons
>discount all-out-attack mechanic from persona
>difficulty mainly comes from having long and drawn out maps
>lots of dialogs and expositions
The only thing its going for is its lore and plot like a VN.

>Oh fuck these enemies are hard better hit them all with their weaknesses to get another turn.

They both have almost the same gameplay stop being retarded and preaching about how its this complex rocket science strategy. It makes FE look hard.

I felt the same way when I played IV:A and killed all my dumb friends the game forced on me, but it didn't make the first 40 hours of the game disappear from my life.

>Oh fuck these enemies are hard better hit them all with their weaknesses to get another turn.
Literally doesn't happen in Strange Journey.
Why the fuck do you retards out yourselves as people who don't actually play the game so hard?

this isn't soul hackers

persona is there cashcow now to fund there passion which is SMT

Oh please tell me how isn't it annoying everybody knows that and it doesn't even expose it in a clever way
It's just plain annoying

>>Oh fuck these enemies are hard better hit them all with their weaknesses to get another turn.
That's Nocturne you retard. This mechanic doesn't exist in SJ.

Yeah SJ has persona's
>O shit I hit the enemy's weakness, my party and I can now do almighty attack!
one of the worst game mechanics in megaten.

No, SJ doesn't have all out attacks. It has a shitty burst hit based on how many similar aligned demons you have.
You're a fucking idiot who doesn't even play the games he's hating on.

>hit weakness
>your party hits the enemy with an almighty attack
Yes I am indeed talking about SJ.
>hurrr durrr not everyone in your party hits the enemy
Thats why you have demons with the same alignment in your team. Its another SJ's forced contrived game mechanic.

You're a fucking retard if you think that small shitty burst of damage is worth anything.

>small shitty burst of damage
Did you even play the game? Maybe you had demons of different alignments in your party?

It easily has far more gameplay hours than your waifushit vn

>this has more gameplay because of random encounters while being lost in a long convoluted maze
user just try other megaten games including persona and form your own opinion instead of following the hive mind

Are you retarded or something exposing the enemies weak point has been a staple for the series. How ungodly ass hurt are you to denounce that persona and SMT don't share that same mechanic I'll be it doing it differently?

Way to call the faggot out user.

Strange Journey is trash, don’t even compare it to Persona.

SMT is trash when will Atlus abandon it with the other spinoffs?

I love then this thread was fucked by some retards who complains shit.

Attached: 1567893960368.jpg (712x472, 41K)

Shitty thread desu. Seems like some of you guys hate on games just for the sake of it. Implying anything more than a couple SMT games are bad make me wonder if you guys have ever even played some of the truly rancid games out there.

There obscure for a reason user. Persona just tried to help but instead BTFO of the series after 5 making the spinoff look main line.

This, i bet that they do this for (you)s.

how do you handle going through the different arcs?

That's the SMT effect. Now go play the other ones and wait for SMT V like the rest of us

Or play Persona because they're part of the same series either way.

You know for a game that's 22 years old, it holds up well enough once you get used to demon personalities. I just made it to the haunted mansion and dropped down a hole.

Tell me something i don't know.

yes

It's basically shonen vs seinen. Proper adults prefer an adult storyline.

I think the changes they made to the overall speed of the game helped it greatly, to this day I still find the 3DS version to have one of the most satisfying gameplay from any JRPG I've played.

I think you mean edge.

Is Catherine a SMT game?

>Strange Journey
Good story. Garbage everything else.

Guess I'll just watch the cutscenes then.

I just beat Horkos.
He was pretty easy.

Garbage opinion.

Attached: 1556074847551.gif (197x200, 1.01M)

My main gripe about persona is that there's pretty much no law/neutral/chaos or alignment aspect to it at all. You and your team of high school dogooders face no moral quandaries throughout because you're never in the wrong. Meanwhile, in something like SMT4 you're met with decisions that while admittedly only impact an invisible alignment meter, still feel like they have real consequences to them. Are you OK with letting the Yakuza harvest the brains of children if it means the rest of humanity might have a chance at warding off demons? Are you OK with taking down the system knowing that untold numbers of innocents too weak to put up a fight will perish?

Attached: 1521424842733 2.jpg (638x679, 55K)

Well Persona does have its bad endings depending on what you decide on.

In part 3 you can kill Ryoji so that nobodt can know when the world ends including yourself so everyone you love doesn't suffer.

Part 4 you get black mailed in various bad ends to ensure your happiness instead of your friends by living in a fog of lies.

Part 5 just ends with you either getting caught or being possessed to ensure the world will be a utopia with the phantom thieves reconstructing society for the better so everybody can rely on them. Its kind of a lawful ending.

*Nobody

They are part of the same series but just use different settings and themes.

Not to mention in canon they're both basically alternate realities of one another.

If it has MegaTen demons then its a MegaTen game.

is the 3ds version good?

Attached: 992851A2-DF7C-41E3-860C-CE558CD5A084.png (500x523, 66K)