Game makes katana stronger than the longsword

>game makes katana stronger than the longsword

Attached: 1567848168580.png (585x663, 765K)

That's a gun bro. I think you need your glasses.

>Katana is half as strong as the longsword
>but it's 2x faster so it's infinitely better

Attached: [FFF]_Shokugeki_no_Souma.jpg (1280x720, 129K)

That would make it just as strong.

>Europaboo can't handle the truth

Attached: the-walking-dead-episode-603-michonne-gurira-935.jpg (935x658, 453K)

>Katana has slightly more damage than longsword
>Can't be used to block like longsword, but gives the user the ability to cancel and fake attacks while also dealing more damage after a parry

I love Blade Symphony.

>game forces you to shove a gigantic buttplug up your ass everytime you wish to double jump

God I fucking hate this mechanic so much

Longswords are one-handed weapons and fairly light, katanas are the opposite.

In theory. But in practice, depending on the games mechanics, you could conceivably hit enemies more than twice as often. Or have time to dodge. Or any number of other things. Basically, speed is usually better than strength in action games where skill and timing is actually viable.

Take Muramasa for example. No one uses long swords because short swords have literally no cool down between attacks. You can endlessly juggle enemies. While the long sword leaves you vulnerable for 1-2 seconds depending on certain attacks.

Attached: 1500147737745.jpg (960x544, 112K)

>longswords are one-handed weapons
nigga u dumb

>game has berserker class

That's it. I'm sick of all this "Masterwork Bastard Sword" bullshit that's going on in the d20 system right now. Katanas deserve much better than that. Much, much better than that.
I should know what I'm talking about. I myself commissioned a genuine katana in Japan for 2,400,000 Yen (that's about $20,000) and have been practicing with it for almost 2 years now. I can even cut slabs of solid steel with my katana.

Japanese smiths spend years working on a single katana and fold it up to a million times to produce the finest blades known to mankind.

Katanas are thrice as sharp as European swords and thrice as hard for that matter too. Anything a longsword can cut through, a katana can cut through better. I'm pretty sure a katana could easily bisect a knight wearing full plate with a simple vertical slash.

Ever wonder why medieval Europe never bothered conquering Japan? That's right, they were too scared to fight the disciplined Samurai and their katanas of destruction. Even in World War II, American soldiers targeted the men with the katanas first because their killing power was feared and respected.

>best armor in the game is light armor
>you're gimping yourself if you wear heavy armor

Apparently, we're both right.
I just used to fight with a longsword and it was a 90 cm bladed with a one-hand grip.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-09-07 Longsword - Wikipedia.png (1031x113, 10K)

>melee is stronger than ranged

why do games do this?

Shouldn't a weapon be pretty even when compared to most other similar weapons of roughly the same size, condition, and materials?

If you say you've got a sharpened sword made out of hardened steel, weighing this much, measuring this long, in good condition that describes like 80-85% of it's effectiness right there. Sure blade geometry, and other factors can make a difference but so long as it's sharp and made of steel and roughly even in size and weight it should perform pretty much the same against most targets. You can favor cutting over stabbing and vice-versa but a steel sword is a steel sword. In games though you'll have "Steel Sword (Lv6, 24dmg)" and "Royal Knight's Steel Sword (lv72, 243dmg)" and where the fuck are they getting that 10x difference in effectiveness?

Katana vs Longsword of roughly even size will basically be in the same ballpark of effectiveness, the Katana might make it easier to cut thanks to the curve but that puts the tip out of alignment making thrusting less effective, really the only difference. It should be something like Longsword (Cutting: 100% Thrusting: 100%) Katana (Cutting: 115%, Thrusting: 85%)

is this new pasta?

Fuck off Lindy. Anglos are trash.

You wouldn't be saying that if you knew how Anglos were responsible for the victory at the battle of cannea (unironically makes this point in his new video)

because if you actually hit someone with a melee weapon it will generally do more damage than a ranged weapon

>fire arrow doesnt immediately extinguish as soon as its loosed

Attached: 1513384525242.jpg (1065x859, 76K)

metallurgical science proves katana is inferior, nothing to do with being anglo/nip

How am I supposed to believe she maintained that sword perfectly for years in the middle of societal collapse

If it has a one hand grip it’s an arming sword

oh my, that form looks atrocious

>Apparently, we're both right.
No, you're just wrong.

longswords and katana's are both two handed weapons

longswords have a huge reach advantage though compared to the katana. a fitting representation for their tiny Asian penises.

Attached: file.png (1200x900, 26K)

go home newfag

reminder that the knight wins at everything vs samurai

Better genetics
Better food
Better upbringing
Better, more competitive and structured training
Taller, heavier and stronger
Better horses
Better armor
Better sword
Better polearms
Better siege weapons
Better shields
Better bows

Also, there's nothing special about a katana other than the fact that it's really fucking heavy for it's length, it's shit material and it's laughable thrust potential. A katanas special ability should be people with European armour get to laugh in your face when you roll up with that weeb stick in your hand.

>someone cuts rope

Attached: 1495148234512.jpg (467x524, 134K)

The only thing new is you

I want to get mad at this, but I recognize that this is a blatant shitpost.

Attached: kanye-blank-stare-gif-meme.gif (532x315, 1.42M)

>game has berserkers

Attached: file.png (230x283, 118K)