Is anybody else excited?

is anybody else excited?

Attached: Shenmue-III-Ryo.jpg (1920x1080, 836K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nlTKwL58MTc
youtube.com/watch?v=7cSQ7guKJFw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

from the looks of this topic. I'm gonna take a guess and say no.

I was until they went Epic exclusive and refused to refund people who backed for Steam.

I’m as excited as Ryo talks.
So no.

its coming to steam later on isn't it?

Me. Too bad Yea Forums is casual as fuck and getting more and more casualised .

I was until the Epic fiasco. I don't know how you could kill hype for a game like this but they fucking did it.

Year long timed exclusive

Attached: 53262727.png (767x622, 520K)

Will the entire English voice cast return?

I saw on twitter that you can claim a refund, but it could take anywhere between 20 days to 3 months to get back.

Shenmue is the best game ever made, that is just a fact of life.

ill be playing it on ps4 so yeah im excited for it. especially after revisiting 1 and 2 with the HD collection

You need cult deprogramming

The fortnite kiddies need you, Tim. It's Saturday and they're begging for more skins

Why does it look worse than the original games?

I was sceptical until I saw the video showing the street games. It look super comfy.

>cult deprogramming
I don't give a fuck if the game is on Epic or not. Hell, putting it on both stores would even be ideal because more people could get the game on their platform of choice and with a game like Shenmue, that exposure wouldn't even be a bad thing because it could potentially make enough to warrant an additional sequel, which I'd be in favor of. What I don't like is lying to consumers, or using one platform to advertise the other. It'd be equally as shitty to take money from people who wanted the Epic version then tell them to fuck off because they're going Steam exclusive. They shot themselves in the foot by alienating half of their backers for a sweet Epic exclusive bonus, and there won't be a Shenmue 4 due to "lack of interest".

I can look past Epic exclusivity at this point, I'm still upset since it looks like if I were to buy it I'd be paying to beta test Steam users and how Ysnet hasn't consulted their backers, but whatever. Ignoring that though I'm frustrated at how slow the story seems to be paced. According to Yu Suzuki we'll be 40% through the overarching narrative, and I dont know if a Shenmue 4 will even happen after this.

It looks better actually.

What's it like being blind?

You need to watch the latest trailer again. Shit looks good

>I dont know if a Shenmue 4 will even happen after this.
He sold his soul to epic. Getting another crowdfund is now impossible. He already got a publisher and no investor will touch this when you know returns will be shit.

Only unknown is how much he got form Epic. Enough to make more games or just to finish this but if I have to guess, I used to have insider info on Shenmue 3. It used to be only QTE hen I saw it's now with real combat after getting a publisher and now Epic. This is probably Yu's last hurrah.

uhh I just watched it and looks really bad. Like a fan game or something.

Then play some western AAA trash, fucking westacuck

what?

Not him but there are some improvements made with Shenmue 3, side character models while still kind of ugly aren't anywhere near as lackluster as Shenmue 1 or 2's. I think its just somewhat lackluster animations that holds it back, along with the fact that it suffers UE4-syndrome and that the setting isn't as charming as 80s Yokosuba in Shenmue 1 IMO.

>Enough to make more games or just to finish this but if I have to guess, I used to have insider info on Shenmue 3. It used to be only QTE hen I saw it's now with real combat after getting a publisher and now Epic. This is probably Yu's last hurrah.
That sounds kind of believable when Suzuki seems confident Shenmue 4 will happen and why the game got delayed several times from its original release date.

Attached: 20180825183843_1.jpg (1920x1080, 236K)

exactly. yokosuka is just atmospheric. i like the chink rural setting of 3 but 2 and 3 are just less atmospheric. the characters of 3 are cartoonised but it was a good decision imo. yakuza-ish photo realistic characters wouldnt fit shenmue.

Yeah, probably the only game I'm looking forward to.

Shenmue I was good - I got like 4 hours into Shenmue II and it was so bloody boring. Is it worth going back?

I'm gonna be honest, I was very excited back when it was annouced, but they took so damn look to actually show anything, and the little snippets that they did show looked like fucking shit, and the fact that they started ANOTHER crowdfunding right after the kickstarter was over gave me MN9 redflags, then they got Deep Silver in it for more funding and a publisher and I knew I was waiting for some shit already, any excitement I had left was just little a wisp refusing to die out.

Then Epic happened and I lost any interest.

i played them on ps4 too and indeed 2 was pretty boring. one of the reasons is that the story is very tedious. like "find the key person" is all about it and hongkong doesnt have as much soul as yokosuka. although its getting somewhat better after going around with ren.

It also doesnt help that the job minigames are so boring. Did anyone ever play those minigames legitimately or did everyone just savescum lucky hit?

Isn't it usually the opposite? Most the time I hear people saying how 2 is the more exciting game because it's more fast paced, has more fights, and doesn't drag anywhere near as much as the first one.

i didnt. i managed to clear it that savescum way. i didnt like either forklift shit in 1 or the pinball shit in 2. its truly ps2/dc era stuff. shenmue was literally the first open world game in gaming history anyway. so its primitive and slow.

2 looked super great back then. today you notice it lacks something like soul. yokosuka still has soul. i dont know why.

Yokosuka is the only time I thought the "SOUL" meme was accurate

i play yakuza games and many modern jp games set in japan, but i had much better experience with yokosuka and the people. yokosuka has real soul. i think its also very comfy. ryos home and his neighbor hood was also fucking comfy. a bit shame that 2 didnt have such a comfy space.

It looks so soulless. I wish it just looked like the Dreamcast games but in HD so that it wouldn't look blurry on a modern tv.

Refund is coming user.

Fake fan.

Shenmue is in reality so fucking niche that nobody is excited except a few old people who despise gamer culture and don't post on gaming sites.

>MUH EPIC GAME STORE
damn, shit like this is why I love being a consolechad and not having to worry about faggy digital distribution drama that PC gaymers seethe about non-stop

>commercial from 15 years ago looks better than 5 million dollar game from the modern day
youtube.com/watch?v=nlTKwL58MTc

Attached: file.png (862x663, 560K)

This is what happens when you use some main stream engine instead of making your own, which is something Yu wasnt used to that is using someone else's engine. It's on things like this the "soul/souless" can be used
The original Shenmues had their own engine, built for DC's hardware in mind, to get the max they could of the system, with its limitations they bullshit ways of making the game work with daily npc schedule or magic room thing and using a sort of VF engine for the fights.

Graphically Ryo does look odd in 3 compare to the originals, but some characters look good. The mini games are there and chilling around places. The big issue is how the fights wont be like VF and they seem pretty bad

The originals had too many details and the npcs had to suffer in quality. Same as some voice clips that sounded bad.
If they could they would have pulled shit like this for all the game youtube.com/watch?v=7cSQ7guKJFw
but that wouldnt be possible

>2 is boring
>doesnt talk to some characters like Joy, Eileen, etc to know them better like learning that Joy knows Master Chen and as a thing for Guizhang
>didnt talk to Fangmei often, the waifu npc of the game
>didnt do the Fangmei's birthday event

No wonder. Ryo is in foreign land and the point is making connections, learn about martial arts and make yourself at home at a slowpace.
Because fuck, Come Over Guest house is comfy. Xiuying's tight- i mean sleeping on the same room as her is comfy, sleeping on the boat with Wong is comfy.
As much as I like Yokosuka, there are characters in 2 that made things better

>playing lucky hit for the money and not for the pleasure
Kek. The only lucky hit stand you should play to get something is one in Kowloon to get 2 secret scrolls which are bullshit to get

And job? You only have to do the crate job for a morning. After that just savescum if you want when gambling around the warehouse area.
The minigames are things to waste time IF YOU WANT. they wanted the world to feel alive so they added have a lot of options from armwrestling, street fighting, arcade games, darts, pool(in 1), slotmachines(only useful to get specific toys for the collection), a lot of gambling options with different stacks and multipliers. Or shit like duck racing that is a good joke and a reward for lurking around and do sidestuff

I might be willing to buy it if it has few or 0 quick time events, but I'm not optimistic about that.