Time to discuss the best star wars game ever

Time to discuss the best star wars game ever

Attached: 0160516.jpg (630x900, 69K)

Other urls found in this thread:

starwars.com/news/jedi-knight-ii-jedi-outcast-and-jedi-knight-jedi-academy-coming-to-nintendo-switch
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Is this the one getting re-released on switch and ps4 this month? I've never played it so I'll probably get it to try it out.

It's cheap on Steam, and still has a bizarrely active community, with an enormous mod content.

t. never played a jedi knight game but wants to fit in now that it's on fisher-price's latest toy and hulustation 4

I wonder how it will play without the mouse
first 1/3 of the game is a shooter

It was on gamecube

Ah yes, the game not simply content with a great fucking singleplayer, the multiplayer had to be God tier too.

v1.02 days, the single best multiplayer experience i've ever had.

Attached: 1557804059912.png (301x309, 223K)

Academy is better

Does anyone still play vanila multiplayer or is it all movie battles now?

Shut your slut mouth

Academy is worse but has better lightsaber fighting

It was the best star wars game ever until... Oh, wait.
I guess the first KOTOR would be a contender.

Academy is better for messing around with cheats and stuff. Outcast is a much better standalone product.

>Best Story
KOTOR 1 and 2

>Best multiplayer
The original Star Wars Battlefront 2

>Best Saber combat
Jedi Academy

Attached: mission_and_zaalbar_by_otisframpton-d3ae14k.jpg (518x800, 198K)

you meant second right?

*ahem*
no

Attached: swgb.webm (1024x576, 2.96M)

mp academy is elder god tier

I prefer jedi academy

No, I don't have shit taste.

cant argue with that

Attached: ZBZCgbj.jpg (505x1212, 125K)

starwars.com/news/jedi-knight-ii-jedi-outcast-and-jedi-knight-jedi-academy-coming-to-nintendo-switch
They're bringing the MP back for both titles, too, and the Switch version will have gyro aiming.

its great but the first act is kind of a chore. make sure you stick it out til you get past nar shaada.

Outcast is still very good in each individual category and overall the better game.

Attached: 1536265847561.jpg (672x1864, 298K)

the redditor's opinion

Was Katarn even a Jedi? Full light side and all.
Also how does one Jedi cast dark side powers I thought they lock themselves out or something.

Rouge one could be a movie about kyle

Attached: 1492235327417.jpg (607x1798, 417K)

In terms of story the powergap from KOTOR2 to KOTOR to everything else is honestly pathetic. Why do the stories in Star Wars games mostly always suck?

wasnt the mc from rogue one literally just jan ors with a few letters moved around and a slightly different outfit?

Of all the explanations for the theft of the death star plans Dark Forces was the fucking dumbest. Like that should have been the whole fucking game or at least the final act. But instead it's the intro mission, you shoot 3 stormtroopers take a disc and leave. Brilliant game otherwise, I absolutely adore it, but that shit has always bothered my autism.

Jynn Urso, yeah

Kotor 1 and 2 got do mostly do their own thing, while the majority of the other games were defined by the two movies they would be between.
Shoutouts to Rogue Squadron's god tier gameplay.

remember when a name with STAR WARS on its name coming out made everyone get hyped? I member

Attached: 1524260966828.gif (275x275, 1.79M)

Why the fuck is Jedi Academy getting online multiplayer on Switch, but Jedi Outcast isn't? Wtf. That's fucking retarded.

Sorry that's not KOTOR m8

>you will never live a life commandeering a fast 60-crew starship as a slippery depraved Sith Lord Booty Pirate, who has force dominated and corrupted an exotic and mixed crew of sexy female Twi'lek, Vahla, Chiss, Zeltron, Vultan, Farghul, Falleen, Devaronian, Dathomirian/Zabrak, Mirialan, Bpfasshi, Echani, Thyrsian, Epicanthix, Firrerreo, Keshiri, Kiffar, Morganian, Nagai, Omwati, Pantoran, Wroonian, Rattataki, Sarkhai, Tholothian, Umbaran, Vorzydiak, and Togruta sex-slaves to serve as your personal bodyguards and peepee-cushions

Why even live?

Attached: index.jpg (227x222, 7K)

>shitty FPS controls on lightsaber fighting
>no lightsaber or force powers until 6 levels in despite advertising itself as a jedi game
>weak force powers until half way through the game
>counter intuitive level progression
>annoying sniper heaven level
>badly implemented stealth section
>final boss dies in one hit
>hilariously bad animations

best one

Attached: 59ba5bb2ae653a9a4950aac2.png (323x433, 60K)

>not Empire at War

it's both

I seriously don't understand, how the fuck is this game getting a Switch port? I played it as a kid and it was okay but I don't remember it that well. It's just it feels like such a totally random choice to get a Switch port of all things.

>>badly implemented stealth section
Worst offence
>final boss dies in one hit
Cheats only

I was baffled too. Apparently it has a huge following and online playerbase. I imagine the Switch port will bomb though because the announcement specifically mentioned the single-player mode and nothing about multiplayer.

But I kinda hope it doesn't and we get some more Star Wars, like the Super trilogy on the SNES app or motherfucking Rogue Squadron since the Wii version was essentially finished.

the cocksucker's opinion

>Cheats only
not him, but red saber style is absolutely capable of one shotting the final boss

Yeah Kotor did what early Bioware did best and just had fun interacting with its own characters and fleshed out take on the setting. The majority of other game's are just a matter of pointing you in the direction of the bad guys and saying go get em.

Attached: kotor dialogue.jpg (800x600, 79K)