Cube World hype thread. Release within 2 months according to Wol_lay's twitter

Cube World hype thread. Release within 2 months according to Wol_lay's twitter.
store.steampowered.com/app/1128000/Cube_World/

Attached: header.jpg (460x215, 40K)

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/app/1128000/discussions/0/1633040337756125623/
twitter.com/wol_lay/status/848273095303581696
soundcloud.com/wol_lay
youtube.com/watch?v=AsU-LqJi5sQ
youtube.com/watch?v=Qxfvrc2VPik
github.com/matpow2/cuwo
github.com/matpow2/cuwo/wiki/Quickstart
github.com/ChrisMiuchiz/Cube-World-Mod-Launcher/releases
github.com/ChrisMiuchiz/Cube-World-System-Time-Overflow-Fix/releases/tag/v1.0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

inb4 the cycle starts again

Attached: 1548519936368.png (1952x1796, 399K)

It will just morph into a new cycle, as Wolay says he still wants to update the game. It's not 'finished', but it is at a state that he can consider it fun to play. Which for a perfectionist like him, hopefully means it's super fucking fun.

DON'T CARE HYPE.
Post your Class, Weapon, and Races
>Skele-bro
>Rogue
>Two Handed

Attached: Dx1ue1QXcAA4OP7.jpg (1200x635, 225K)

holy shit how is this still not done lmao

I hope you can disable that ugly ass minimap.

You really think it’s ugly? Probably the best fucking minimap I’ve ever seen. The full size map is a goddamned work of art.

Wolay is an absolute perfectionist to the point that he would scrap things that were complete before and redo them, even including the games engine, which is what delayed the game so massively before. If the game was always 64 bit, it would have been out 2 years ago at least.

Yes, the video he first posted to show off the new map has it toggle.

It's certainly better then what it was before. The full map didn't even draw the actual landscape, just a rough approximation. Since otherwise the game would chug, with basically rendering the game twice. The biggest reason he wanted to move the engine to 64 bit was the map.

>Frog
>Fire Mage
>Wand

or
>Orc
>Berserk Warrior
>Two handed

I want to fucking punch things so hard they fly into the sky dammit.

>Skele
>Warrior
>Sword n board
Alternatively
>Human
>Mage
>Staff
I need to load up the game and try them out again, haven’t played since release. Does anybody have a server up?

I hope staff feels better then it did before. Wand is looking to be so much better though, hit scan weapons are always busted and it's going to be nice to have revenge after Wizards and Witches constantly wrecked me unless I stunned them first attack.

Of you don’t Pick skeleton, you’re lame.

I wonder if he added more races to pick from. I know there’s something about a monkey race a long time ago

Was his site really DDoS'd? I remember it being difficult to buy the game when it released but I was certain it was just because so many people were trying to do the same.

Anyone from the previous server around? Seems like that one died. I put one up for now.

Not intentionally. It was just more traffic then the site could handle from people wanting to purchase the game. I remember people talking about how the site went down and how that meant that there would be a lot of people to play with and the game would be huge.

If there was an intentional DDoS, then I can only imagine it was butt hurt Minecraft kiddies that thought that Wolay was trying to rip people off and used their epic script they picked up off of the Yea Forums to teach him a lesson.

It was DDoS after the first few days tho, and when people got mad at him for not having the store/website up/stable, I think that's when he went into full tard mode. I mean I would too if millions of people were yelling at me for something I can't control.

I don't think he's added more races, but I do remember talk about the Spike guys. Seems like it would be pretty easy to add more, unless he wants to give all races their own ability.

who cares anymore. Hytale looks like this but better

Anyone else remember the archer glider backflip trick? God that was amazing. You just go flying off at max speed.

Yeah, I can't really blame him. 1 man team with no PR help and having to deal with all of that shit directly? Bah, I wouldn't have time for entitled assholes like that. But he still got us the game in the end, so I guess he's a better man then me.

Yeah, that was fun. I'm sad it's gone, but the artifact system looks like it will bring back max speed fun. Now all of the movement abilities don't need a skill to unlock them, you just get the thing. While artifacts improve them. So if you want to swim/climb/boat/glide faster, you go on artifact hunts and hope it increases those things. There probably won't be a cap either, so I can't wait to be flying around at 1000% movespeed on the glider.

>it's been 6 years since me and my school friends played a pirated version of Cube World on summer break
>never heard from them again after I moved with my family moved to another town
>just when I've already forgotten about enjoying company this damn game pops up again
I can't take it, bros

Attached: sc31.jpg (535x600, 82K)

Orc water mage

Make new friends. Hell, who knows, maybe you'll run into them again with this game. Stranger things have happened.

what is the deal with you fucking americans and not having actual friends?

Tell me about it.
>One of my few friends more or less just disappeared, barely hear about him anymore.
>The couple remaining I can't find any time to spend with since our schedules don't like up because of his works schizophrenic hours.
>Havent been over to visit in like half a year and we barely talk though not for lack of trying our schedules just dont line up well like I said before.
And life rolls on I guess.

Attached: sad wilson.png (399x470, 323K)

Large country, hard to keep friends when you move away to 8 states across. Making friends is easy enough, keeping them seems to be very fucking hard. I've lost contact with at least 12 different friends over the years.

Most of us just work day after day and never really go anywhere because thats how the system is set up now. The cost of living has gone up too fucking much.
Not to mention people moving or studying. Between that and working most if not every day of the week to make ends meet theres little time to do anything anymore.
You reach a point where your just going through the motions of work, pay bills, work, repeat.

Server's back up. 67.181.250.50 I broke the world, so I made a new one.

Reminder that it's easy as fuck to pirate. github.com/ChrisMiuchiz/CubeWorld-Cracker

I played this i think 7 years ago now? Who the hell would care by now?

Do I get the Steam key if I bought the original version?

People that have followed Wolay's posts on and off over the years and looking at all the new things. Like he said, it's pretty much a whole new game at this point, with only a few basics from the alpha still in. Such as how combat works, but many of the old skills have been completely reworked and the quest, town and many other things are all new.

Yes, it will be sent to the email you have associated with your account. So make sure to update it if you haven't.

Thanks, Wollay.

I think I'll join up again with a new character. Rogue Ninja.

>he didn't buy cubeworld

Attached: 1450573085307.jpg (720x438, 30K)

>He's picking elf

Attached: 1492469362874.png (380x380, 235K)

>6 years
>6 years
>6 muhfuckin years

The mage gameplay looks incredibly boring. Why have a laser beam that takes no skill to use?

shit I hope I have time to hop on this in a bit
been playing it solo for a bit and managed to get to around lv12ish

Cause your a glass cannon?

>steamcommunity.com/app/1128000/discussions/0/1633040337756125623/
Here we go
can't wait for oag article and how this game is going to shitposted to death

No time. We work the second longest hours in the world for middle class jobs. So you pretty much end up getting friends from the 1-2 hobbies you have outside of your work hours.

But then that leaves you fucked if your hobby isn't a huge social one, your job required you to move across the country, or your hobby doesn't get a lot friends.

Does race matter to playstyle, like the stereotypical Orc = better warrior stats type thing

Nah, it's just appearance. At least that we know of for right now. Races might have gotten overhauled and he just hasn't said anything, but I'm sure that it won't really matter much in the long run.

Steam forums were a mistake

Sorry, broke another server. I'll stop messing around.

Im more hyped to see his dreams crushed again than playing the game.

mod support when, i want to update my old shit

He will get bullied into giving up on the game.
NEVER EVER

cringe tripfag

Maybe later, who knows. I'm sure model swaps will still be easy enough. Though I wonder how much of it will be redundant now.

I like how even in the alpha the rivers made sense. Thats some high quality world generation.

I'm pretty excited for some of the new generation like this
twitter.com/wol_lay/status/848273095303581696

Yeah, I hadn't even thought about the new rivers. Love that they actually have good flow to them now, so we can use them to boat from place to place. Before they were usually so shallow and only good for restoring pet stamina for riding.

Also liked how in the Desert, if there was a river, it would be all lush there. Crazy to think that world gen has gotten even better then before. Not only more realistic, but also still even more fantastical at the same time. That was the major complaint about Minecraft, as the terrain gen got 'better', it caused less extraordinary stuff to occur. Like Giant floating land masses. Seeing that massive meteor impact in the steam screenshot made me so happy, also there was a volcano in the video too. So Dungeons seem like they have gotten a big overhaul in variety.

>Snow shading
Oh yeah, we did know about the game having new shaders for a while. Also that music sounds like something out of Chrono Trigger. So fucking good. I'm looking forward to spending a long time in the Snow Plains.

what's this game like?

minecraft-like
hytale-esque

It's an action RPG focused on Exploring. The ultimate goal that we know of right now is finding out what the Steel Empire is trying to do with siphoning Mana from the world and shutting them down. Encounters with them are dynamic, either finding them setting up pumps in the world, invading their territory, or fending off an ambush. They are the guys in the large airships.

>tfw very carefully setting up the perfect situation to bait the creator into saying something political so I can watch everyone here turn on it instantly

Attached: da694c74b104e6f354ecb1e8b78acc20-imagejpeg.jpg (762x1024, 74K)

>Sliding down a frozen river
kino

Is it releasing in the same state it did all those years ago? If so may as well not bother, I remember boss fights/raids taking upwards of an hour kiting to kill anything.

he's german, ofc he stands up for refugees

I'm just glad that areas close to roads now have things like Bridges over Rivers. Before the road would never intersect a River.

Hell no. Man has been adding shit for all those 6 years. He's completely redone the skill system and how exp is handled. Instead of killing mobs for it, you get it all from quests now. The artifact system is fully implemented and is replacing the way you had to put skill points into movement skills to increase them.

He wants you to go out and explore, talk to towns folk and wandering NPCs, find bits of lore and get these things that will constantly improve your character for that area of the map and then you can move on to the next area.

does Cube World have a skin color option? recently i've been getting burned by picking up random RPGs with creation and no way for me to be my nignog self

the beginning of that cycle is already broken because have a release date window

Nah, character creation is still kind of limited. Just a hair color option. "Face" does change color for some options though.

love me some good rivers goddamn

Damn. That feels like such an easy thing to implement, especially if he's had six years to consider it. Ah well, still looking forward to the release.

drive.google.com/file/d/1nkAAmQc7JkUMDq9KpjQsYrBr0-ZquId1/view?usp=sharing

Hax

Attached: Untitled.jpg (2560x1400, 572K)

>As some of you might remember, we got DDoS'ed as soon as we opened the shop. It might sound silly, but this event traumatized me and kind of broke something inside me. I never told anyone about it, and I don't want to go into the details, but I'm dealing with anxiety and depression ever since. Social media didn't improve it, as you might imagine. I'm still not sure if it's a good idea to tell the world about it, but I wanted to give the fans an explanation.

Man, going through all the old twitter pics, I forgot just how much new stuff there actually was he showed off. The new cooking and alchemy system giving us things like Heat resist and him standing in front of a lava lake in the grass lands. Meaning that some quests will have us swim in lava. Or this dungeon surrounded by a circle of water. Insane generation.

Attached: D-i-Xi9XoAM6hC-.jpg (3440x1440, 468K)

you are black

Are you playing the super alpha version when the game will be pirated in 2 months?

You gonna burn yourself out of the game.

I'm sure he could put it in if it is something the community wants. You're right that it should be easy. Orcs/Goblins/Lizard men suck being stuck with green all the time.

>Solo
>human ninja
>longsword

>Group of friends I'll be playing with
>dwarf guardian
>ME AX and shield

>Other characters I may try out
>orc berserker dual wielder
>lizardman water mage
Ranger was so much pure cheese I ended up fucking hating the class in the alpha

Ranger looks to be even more cheese with the final skills he showed off. Getting a constant shadow companion that has all of your moves, or a quick sand trap that can prevent all units from moving for a good while seems kind of silly.

At least Guardian will get a taunt now, so that should help them do their job.

I'd expect ninja to be nerfed, I'm playing the old alpha character I had and you basically dodge by default as long as you're using your specials, permantently crit and got all the fucking mobility in the world. Just hope it's a good rebalance all around all in all

How's the magic? do they offer only the usual fire, lightning and frost or is there more flavor to offensive spells, or protective warrior spells, like could you make a melee character that uses magic to empower himself with healing, shield, attack speed spells etc

Alpha had only water and fire magic. We know the full game has more abilities but despite having pcis and videos for 6 years we never got an actual list so nobody knows for sure what it will be like now.

There's 4 classes, each with 2 specs. Mage gives you the choice of fire (pure offense) and water (damage, support and healing), and you can wield staves (aoe), wands (long range single target) and silver/gold bracelets (magic ball mid-short range spam, think the dragon ball yellow average ass ki ball barrages)

Damn, anything about weapon types? ive only seen a club and sword/shield for the warrior?

literal autism

Attached: file.png (605x507, 61K)

Magic is just fire and water. Fire is big dick damage, while Water is for healing party members and some CC, though it still does decent damage.

The game is skills based and classes only have access to the skills of their class. It's a fairly simple system. At least for the alpha, we still have yet to see the advanced skill tree that he says he's implemented.

I mean we kinda knew he was a tard like us.

Same goes for everything. Warriors had maces (2H) for big smash, Sword n board for tanky and DUAL WEILD for spinning.
Keep in mind the alpha people uses for reference had 3 skills per class spec and 2 of those were the same. Ther'es probably a lot more right now but nobody knows if it's skills and weapons, jsut skills or whatever.

Hell, prior to the alpha Wollay showcased a housing system that we never saw again.

Yes, and?

Housing will be implemented after the next 6 years of silence.

Warriors have Swords, axes and clubs. Each of them have slightly different stats. Swords are usually crit and have decent damage. Axes have bigger damage, but lower crit. Clubs have more stun potential. All of them have one and two handed variety.
Rogue's weapons are Fists, Daggers and Longswords.
Ranger has Bows, Crossbow and Boomerang
Mage has Rings, Wand and Staff

Damn, so no paladin/battlemage build possiblities at the moment?

Coming back to play Alpha feels weird after seeing screens of the new cities. Still will have the little villages, but these capital cities are actually monstrous. I hope they have a sewer system with monsters that we can clean out

Attached: DAIylywW0AAU6tY.jpg (1200x798, 283K)

He said he would implement more classes over time so one can only hope the game is more actively developed from now on

Nope. Though the Warrior's Guardian spec has Heroic Shout, which taunts enemies and heals allies. So I guess that's kind of what you want. Wollay hasn't said anything about adding more classes or not.

Oh, he did. I must have missed that. Glad to hear.

Dead for me.

Sooo…. Mincraft?

Yes, if you've played neither Minecraft nor Cube World.

If you knew what you were talking about, you wouldn't look like a retard.

You're so well researched user, just how do you manage to fit so many dicks in your mouth?

alright, how fun is the combat

Pretty okay for a game like this. Classes play quite differently from one another and even from one weapon choice to another. Base attacks, special attacks that use mana (all classes build it up by fighting except for mages which have a full bar and deplete it with spells, think rage vs mana), there's learnable skills that vary with your class/spec and work on cooldowns, there's dodge-rolling...
Final version has more stuff apparently, as far we've only seen mages being able to blink around and levitate for example

he got rid of the archer flying thing so fug it

In alpha, it was pretty fun. Combat loop is mostly based on CC to control incoming damage. All classes can stun with their right mouse click skill, Warrior can stun with two handed standard swings. Almost all classes get a stun for their first skill tree skill. You have a dodge to get out of the way of hits and some of the bigger monsters have things like ground pounds that you can jump to avoid.

Most of the time getting swarmed will be how you die, since most classes don't have a way to mitigate incoming damage and stuns can be inconsistent if you are far below the level range of the enemy. We will have to wait and see how the full game has really changed combat at higher levels, but at least in the 16 minutes that Wollay posted of a fresh mage, he didn't have much trouble killing things with his masses of AoE spells.

Thankfully I already bought the game so that's one less game burning a hole in my wallet, this month and the next are crazy right now.

This game is really fun to dick around with in Cheat Engine. You can do a lot of fun stuff with it, including turning yourself into a boss.

Is leveling faster in the upcoming release? Going back to the alpha feels so slow, I remember using CE to modify exp rates back when I played with friends.

Pretty boring in the old version I played when Yea Forums was still mid hype mid rage over the game. Endless spamming the attack button and kiting, sometimes you dodge. That was it. Anything else is a gross over dramatization.

I think he got rid of levels, they seem to be missing in the mage footage.

Fuck, I completely forgot about him having a sound cloud.
soundcloud.com/wol_lay
These tracks are great and they have more pictures as well. Alpine mountains look amazing.

>getting swarmed will be how you die
>be ninja
>swing once
>right click at the mob of enemies
>you dodge and charge up mana while you do your special
>spam special until everyone is dead
Hoping he rebalanced the game in a reasonable way

They are there in the interface, but it doesn't seem like he's gaining XP. Not sure what's up with that. Although I would prefer gear based progression over obvious level barriers. The grinding was easily the worst part of the alpha.

I think levels are determined by gear.

It's a new system. I think he said that he fully replaced leveling with the artifact system. Instead of putting points into skills on level, you find items that give you stats. The Vase he finds increases his hang glider speed.

ok

I played the early version, from how I understand it they did update and change it but back when I played it was horrible. Tons of kiting, melee builds were not viable at all because you could be one hit killed while 99% of the enemies were pinatas and had to be slapped silly before you even put a dent in their hp.

I will say, despite that my memories of the game are pretty good. The exploration and comfy world is something I've never quite experienced in any other game. I remember spending like 20 minutes climbing an absolutely massive tree, enjoying the sights of rivers and wondering what I might find at the top. I found some weird bird thing, kited him for over 30 minutes, and got fuck all for loot. This game will be amazing if they can nail the combat down and have actual rewards. Hang-gliding especially was fucking awesome, I remember servers used to have entire communities built around racing them.

Has this shit really been in active development for 5 years.

Sounds great, now i just hope it isn't one of those games thats only fun in groups/multiplayer

More or less, off and on. It's what happens when you only have two people working on it, both of whom are parents and not only have to make an engine from scratch, rework that engine to make it 64bit and then make every single system the game will use and it's music. Imagine if Toby had tried to make Undertale with his own engine and 3d, instead of using Gamemaker.

Active development meaning constant? No. The guy made the game with his wife, they both have real jobs and do it as a side project. Its probably been a constant stop and go project.

nah, you can definitely get enjoyment out of it alone if its your kind of thing
hearing this news i just went back to play the alpha last night and sunk about 6 hours into it solo, had a blast the whole way through, even with how flawed it is (spent ~20 minutes fighting an ogre only for me to fuck up once and him to crit slam me for a oneshot at like ~5% hp)
the official release is shaping up to be even better, a bit saddened by the lack of exp but if the artifact system ends up encouraging more exploration i think it'll reach maximum comfy levels

Played frog water mage 6 years ago. Might do qt goblin rogue or ranger this time.

>goblin
>qt

goblins look like shit in this game

>cities that big
Oh fug

hopefully we can finally rebind our keys because the dodge key being locked to mousewheel click has fucked the entire game for me because my mousewheel click is broken as all mousewheel clicks become over time

Yeah, he's got lots of big landmarks now. The area at the end of the 16 min gameplay was a huge Steel Empire pumping station. There are also other pics with dungeons and they are much bigger now. Even having their own internal maps. The world seems to also be dynamic enough that factions fight against each other without you having to do anything either. As in one screen has the Steel Empire attacking a Mage tower. Apparently they hate all magic users.

Attached: CSbEcOdWEAE2jSm.jpg large.jpg (1920x1016, 390K)

>a bunch of DDoS script kiddy faggots prevented the game from being regularly updated and caused everything to be delayed for 6 fucking years

Attached: 1560032831687.jpg (960x960, 83K)

You can.

Attached: BZwdeF5CEAArK-R.jpg (599x474, 40K)

That was the old capital city structure. Still fairly big, but wasn't laid out like a proper city at all. I think I have seen only one screen of the new village generation and it's also much better. It's during a quest to stop an infestation of moles from destroying their farm.

is this a mod or from the new version?

How does getting your server ddos'ed result in your mental breakdown?

What does rogue's right click even do?

Ask Wollay

the game doesn't seem to like me connecting to you serveranon, i can get in but cant do anything or chat
unless something broke again

I thought I was.

it depends on where you live in the US
For a lot of suburban anons, it's impossible to find people to befriend outside of drinking/drugs

Hello Wol_lay. Hard for cash and need to shill your demo again?

yeah but everyone went to school
they must have had at least 1 friend

Old screenshot the dev posted years ago.

Ninja is an attack that eats all of your current mana, if you use it while being attacked, you will dodge and all your next attacks while the buff is up will be crits. The key is to constantly have the buff up. Assassin poisons the enemy, the bigger the attack, the more poison and it can stack. So you want to get as much poison up as possible. It is a worse playstyle then Ninja and hopefully full release fixes it.

Wait a sec. This game is literally Daggerfall.

it's arguably better

Can someone tell me the appeal of this game, which so far seems to just be an ugly blocky MMO? You can't even dig/build stuff so it's not a minecraft clone, it just takes the worst aesthetics from it with none of the upsides.

Attached: iu[8].png (800x774, 142K)

to be fair most of ninja's broken-ness comes from that 100% crit rate glitch. Meanwhile water mage could literally facetank while holding down the attack button because in the alpha every attack would still heal you, but it looks like that's been fixed based on the mage trailer

Pretty much, except with a better world generation. Even Lore gets generated randomly. So you can find historic figures that people will talk about and visit the tomb of some famous conqueror and swipe some artifact from him.

people outgrow each other and change user
plus like the others mentioned, people move for college/uni and then move somewhere else again for work

No, the water attacks still heal, you just have to be standing in the puddle that the water leaves and the size of it shrank. Water mages use to get healed directly as well, which is the thing that got changed, but not like it really matters when the direct heal has a much lower cooldown.

I wonder if there will be a modding scene

I've never heard of this game. How the fuck has it been 6 years running and not one user on Yea Forums mentioned this game to me?

Well, Alpha wasn't too hard to mod as far as model swaps and changing things like experience curve and HP scaling for monsters. I'm sure it will happen if people really want to put in the time.

Now if Wollay will do some kind of official support, I'm not sure.

>oh wow why didn't you guys tell ME
Eat a dick. Also if you never heard about Cube World, you don't belong here to begin with

I doubt there will be official support but I'd really like content modding, not just quality of life and aesthetics.

It had threads on and off whenever a twitter update happened, but since the game never left Alpha, it quickly died off. Last update he had was in january and then this month when he posted the new title screen and a video of gameplay.

Looking at it now, I don't know how I thought it was coming out years later when he updated his copyright to say 2019.

It only got a thread sporadically when the dev posted a tweet every once in 1-2 years.
Other than that it was being mentioned in the vaporware threads.

Any bros left around

Attached: 66699627ba3018616fa3f948517e3bb866858063_full.jpg (184x184, 7K)

DDoS, a bunch of children screaming at your for something you have no control over and the game meaning a lot to him

has anyone found the dingle yet?

Oh and Healing Stream is now also AoE. So all those melee attacking a monster and getting hit won't have to worry about one person getting healing and the rest dying.

Ah that makes sense. Thank you

Sounds like a troll-sensitive guy at best and a complete pussy at worst.

There have been threads about it for the past 8 years.

well, whatever

point is a small group of faggots prevented the game from being updated for 6 fucking years

Most people haven't been yelled at and desensitized on Yea Forums for 14 years, being targeted personally by someone like that isn't a fun feeling

Man, I'm still finding new stuff as I look back through this feed. Now Warriors cyclone blocks all attacks while performing it. That should really help Melee survival issues. Warrior is going to feel so much better just from that change alone.

I doubt any of us here could take what he took, remember his email was public too. Millions of people finding the game, people wanting more updates more quickly. It was... pretty insane,

cyclone was 100% useless in alpha and that change will make it actually relevant as a skill
there's a giant list on the cube world reddit of every change that Wollay has tweeted about

Hilariously, Yea Forums was also invovled on that.

Thanks

>The size of lands has been decreased. The average size is now 20x20 tiles (was 64x64).
Holy shit, I knew it looked smaller, but I didn't think it was that much. He really did have the scaling of biomes too high. Now he can have lots of different or same ones next to each other and it should look much better. Now grasslands can make a slow transition to mountain and not look out of place.

I don't know how bad it got because I don't have access to his email.
But it can get pretty bad at which point I would've deleted every email and set up a new private account. I guess he reacted much more emotionally.

If its actually releasing, anyone have the download link for the original that Wollay took down, I want to play it again before its true release

If you have an account you can always download it. He never took the link for it down, just the ability to purchase it. But there is a hacked version that doesn't require login in this thread.

>Air ships are fixed, moving ones caused problems in multiplayer

Huh, I guess he found out how to make that work, because they certainly move now. I'm glad too, that means we can have a sudden drop of Steel Empire troops where ever.

I'm also surprised that the game is going to have like 5 factions. Steel Empire, Druids, Order of Light, Unholy Pact and the Cult of Doom. How the hell all of these are going to work together, I don't know. Here I thought that the Steel Empire were going to be the bad guys of the game, but it seems like you can even join them if you want.

anything about different enviroments? so far ive only seen forests and a mountain or two which i like but i'm wondering if there'll be more?

Yeah, there are lots, even in the alpha. So far it's
>Forest
>Desert
>Oceans
>Enchanted Forest
>Dead Lands
>Fire Lands
>Misty Mountains
>Jungle
>Savanna
I think there are more, but I can't find what their names are.

Do races matter?

Attached: 6jqju2dhpeky.jpg (1639x2048, 373K)

Cant wait to join the Unholy Pact to unlock the necromancer class.

Not that we know so far. Things might have changed from Alpha, but there they didn't. If there is something it effects, it might be Factions you can join. I'm sure the Steel Empire doesn't like Elves or the Undead

there are all the environments that were in the alpha, plus more
>Greenlands
grassy area you start in
>Snowlands
Snow area, self-explanatory
>Deserts
sand and shit, self-explanatory
>Jungles
self-explanatory
>Lava Lands
hellscape area, self-explanatory
>Oceans
literally mostly water/need a boat, self-explanatory
>Savannahs
forest/desert mix
>Undead Lands
purple grass, skele enemies, etc.
>Swamps
self-explanatory
>Mushroom Forests
forests but more shrooms
>Enchanted Forest
shown in twitter posts

for cosmetic purposes only at the moment
i think the steam release will be cosmetic still

>tfw being in the fire lands for the first time as a low level

Attached: EDjRRctX4AE0yBQ.jpg (501x737, 90K)

Wouldn't be surprised. They are already in the game. Riding their horrible abominations and raising the dead in things like Graveyards.

Attached: CRci8kSWwAAUgwT.jpg (1920x1016, 138K)

It's going to be even worse in full version. He added conditions to being in various environments. So you'll drown underwater and burn if you enter lava or a generally hot area. So you need to make a potion that resists those places. Lemonade is used to cool you down for hot areas and lasts 10 minutes.

I bet each faction will be tied to a future class.

>engineer, druid(duh), paladin/cleric, necromancer, warlock

>Engineer
Trap Maker and Sharpshooter
>Druid
Earth (healing) and Stars (combat)
>Paladin
Cleric (Skills focus on buffing with one good healing skill) and Holy Warrior (Some self healing)
>Necro
Abominations and Curses
>Warlock
Demonic transformation and Pet Master

I think that would be pretty good.

>Trap Maker and Sharpshooter

I'd hope for melee options, but that's because I'm a space marine faggot and would want to wield a big drill or chainsword into combat. Pet robot would also be fine.

As for the actual classes in-game, I'm probably going to go greatsword guardian like I did last time. Self-healing and slapping shit with a big blade.

Ok then, how about Mech. The Steel Empire has a giant mech they can use, so maybe that would be the Trap Maker's ultimate skill. Pilot a mech for X amount of seconds depending on skill level.

Said Mech

Attached: CeosNN3WwAA9U_m.jpg (1920x1016, 301K)

>human or frogman
>ranger, for bunnyhopping if wollay didn't fix/remove it
>bows

Elf Warrior
Sword n Board

>if wollay didn't fix/remove it
He did

He did for the Glider, but you can still carry your momentum on the ground in Alpha. I haven't seen any mention of fixing that through his feed. Just on fixing the crit on all attacks for Ninja and Witch and Wizard's out of control damage.

>greatsword guardian
my nigga

Attached: 1549669296500.gif (500x379, 2.54M)

I have a paypal receipt from Picroma in 2013 but that’s literally all I have. Hopefully that’s good enough

I'll be glad if he didn't remove it. Actual skill-based movement, a rare sight nowadays

Proof of purchase in some fashion should be fine. Pixie is moderating the steam forum, so you could go and ask her about it.

While it would make Ranger pretty fast all around, it isn't like movement is all that big a deal in most combat situations for a game like this, especially since enemies that get far enough away can auto recover health, so jumping back 50 feet isn't always a good thing.

Movement also seems like much less an issue for other classes now too. Ninja gets Ninjutsu to lower their cooldown for things like shruiken to 2 seconds and that means being able to stay in the air with glider easily. Mounts and the Glider move far faster then they did before as well. So less incentive to get rid of one kind of movement option.

thanks user

It was confirmed to be Notch funding the DDoS attack out of spite/potential conflict with Minecraft.

Attached: (You).jpg (393x500, 65K)

>TBA
See you in 5 years bro!

this vid is a classic youtube.com/watch?v=AsU-LqJi5sQ

>Source: My Ass

i just had a thought
will wollay release older versions of the game like the way minecraft does now?
or make them freeware?

Attached: MinecraftLauncher_2019-09-07_16-48-06.png (679x429, 13K)

>50 feet
You underestimate my autism.
>start running
>camera facing backwards
>press the skill button
>start bhoppping away from any awkward social situation at comfortable speed of mach 4

Late Sept or Early Oct, confirmed on their twitter. Steam can't give general month as a release date and they aren't quite ready for launch yet. Some final bug fix apparently. I'm hoping for three weeks from now.

Probably will keep the alpha version up, but I doubt the versions we missed as consumers will be lost due to them needing to be built and bug tested.

Yeah, well, if you are just using it as a way to get around the map, yeah. I was meaning more for combat, it's use is more limited.

Not really limited, in open spaces. You could still stun the opponent with a kick.

Why wouldn't it be? Most DDoS attacks are by rival companies like how Blizzard funds FFXIV attacks and shit.

Yeah, but going too far has a chance of resetting the fight. Which would be a little pointless.

>Most DDoS attacks are by rival companies like how Blizzard funds FFXIV attacks and shit.
Sure buddy. Keep thinking that.

Attached: 1479081174853.png (298x290, 5K)

I think wollay did the fight reset system somehow linked to pathfinding. Imagine a situation:
>ranger wants to kill ogre but ogre will oneshot him
>ranger shoots and aggro him
>slowly nibble his hp with shots, hp doesn't reset because enemy still has a direct path the ranger he can walk
>ranger finds a high, unreachable for ogre position and continue nibble his up away
>ogre doesn't have a path to the ranger, so he thinks the ranger is cheesing him and casually resets to full health

If that's the case then the better path finding system should prevent that sort of stuff. Oh, also, one thing that always happened was that because quest areas reset daily, bosses would regain all of their HP once it hit 6am. That shit doesn't happen anymore, because a dungeon area needs to be cleared first before it can reset and it takes a few days for it to happen.

>finally will play this kino
youtube.com/watch?v=Qxfvrc2VPik
cant wait bros

>67.181.250.50
anyone on here, I'll join

not sure whats up, but any time i connect i cant type/interact with the world at all
might need a restart, i dunno

If you're Zen, there's already a copy of you on the server.

the fuck?
i have no idea whats going on then
probably on my end, rip playing with anons i guess

You could make a new dude

i'm here, but i cant send any messages in chat

Just restarted the server to see if that helps.

just tried, still no luck
it's weird, i can see chat moving/looting but can't interact myself at all
guess ill go look up some troubleshooting guides or some shit

are you using cuwo or the official server?

Official. I can try the pirate one to see what changes.

But is it an actual release or just "another" early access?

I'll take anything that isn't abandoned, though

Can I Be a skeleton Paladin. This is very important

look at this dude with his giant ass head

Attached: Screenshot_2.png (1919x1079, 1.37M)

>burning yourself out before the official steam release

It's version 2.0 apparently. Full release it looks like.

That's only speculation of possible further classes, since Wollay has said that he wants to add more.

But you can be a Skeleton Warrior Guardian spec, which has heroic shout that heals your allies.

so i found that this bug is completely fucking random, is tied to a bug where particles display upside down/glitchy (which ive noticed in solo) and completely breaks multiplayer connections
the only solutions ive found posted are to constantly start/restart the game multiple times until "it just works"
what the fuck

I'm hosting using the pirate copy now.

probably no because everyone hates meta shit

ip?

>pirate copy
you mean cuwo? github.com/matpow2/cuwo

It is the full official release. With all of the updates that Wollay has teased us with for the past six years. Also a bunch of stuff that he hasn't really gone into a lot of detail with, like the advanced skill tree system. Also there is now context sensitive controls, so you can have Shift + a button bound to keybindings. Wollay does that for his fire explosion on his mage, which is normally number 1.

Ouch, well, I hope that didn't carry over to 2.0, but with a 64 bit engine, I doubt it.

I meant the cracker I linked earlier in the thread. Never heard about this cuwo thing, and I don't see a download link.

there's a guide here github.com/matpow2/cuwo/wiki/Quickstart

I just connected and then disconnected and now i cant join

>The version I'm planning to release is basically Cube World 2.0.
absolutely based

Attached: 1541316633853.jpg (896x581, 195K)

nvm the download link doesnt work

And the first link is borked.

Server is down.

>2.0
so does this mean there's endgame? or story?

I don't even care if there is or isn't I'm just glad this thing is finally getting updated

stop falling for scams Yea Forums this is embarrassing

Try this IP: 72.201.123.218

Grand Quests were part of the things he was working on. Basically a storyline that follows five different factions. You'll find out what each of them are trying to do and either work with them or against them.

Their encounters are also dynamic. So you'll just be wandering around and suddenly an NPC is in chains or in a cage and they will tell you that X captured them and mark a place on your map to go find the key to their cage and it could be a random NPC, or it could be one of the factions. Shit like the Unholy Pact reside in Deadlands mostly, but can end up in other places, mostly if there is a grave yard.

This is the Unholy Pact raising Abominations in a Graveyard. You need to go in and clear out the Necromancers

Attached: ss_d4801c68763c669562cef2d505e79be506667ee0.jpg (1920x1080, 441K)

frankenstinky

Eat shit and die tripfag

Attached: angmad.jpg (431x455, 34K)

I hope Wollay knows that a lot more people care about him and his game and are understanding than there are losers who want to give him a hard time.

And I also hope he’s better suited/has the proper help to deal with the social media aspect of his game. And I mean actual professionals and not some 5 year old running a discord server or something

Attached: 93AB9382-1357-493B-8A16-97FA6BE9B138.jpg (480x480, 47K)

holy shit i think i found a fucking fix for it
for anyone else that gets it, try to download this:
github.com/ChrisMiuchiz/Cube-World-Mod-Launcher/releases
latest release
extract to your cube world folder, run it, itll create a mods directory
then download this:
github.com/ChrisMiuchiz/Cube-World-System-Time-Overflow-Fix/releases/tag/v1.0
and dump the .dll into the mods folder
it fixed the upside down particles, apparently it was caused by an integer overflow or some shit with time, havent tested multiplayer yet

Wow, that’s the second-biggest monkey head I’ve ever seen.

>Undead has breath meter when swimming underwater
dropped

Attached: 1567599873773.png (502x500, 453K)

>Orc
>Mage
>Water

Attached: tumblr_pgqz1pW8tU1qff9quo1_400.jpg (400x516, 68K)

Attached: 1384258272881.jpg (400x300, 35K)

I think he's letting his wife Pixxie handly all of the social side of the game at this point She's keeping the Steam discussion page clean.

>undead can swim

>Frogs don't swim faster or have more oxygen

Attached: 1565281146084.png (349x461, 92K)

extremely based

Dokudokus is that you?

Server up
IP: 72.201.123.218

Attached: 04d.jpg (600x629, 29K)

alright how the fuck do I join using a pirated version?