I have a really bad feeling about Death Stranding...

I have a really bad feeling about Death Stranding, how could it not be a massive mess with such a short development time? I love the MGS series but MGSV was fucked and it was in development for ages.

Kojima should have just waited for the PS5 to get more development time then release the game cross gen BotW/Twilight Princess style.

Attached: maxresdefault (3).jpg (1280x720, 117K)

Development time is only loosely related to quality

For a big open world game development time is important. If it were a 8 hour action game I would be confident but from what we've heard it seems like a massive reach.

>such a short development time
i am kind of confused by this, kojimbo has umlimited money from snoy and rushes it. where as when he was with konami he took 7 years roughly including the fox engine dev. You could argue that the new engine horizon used helped speed it up but still the amount of dev time seemed way too quick. how many corners has he cut? not to mention how often he just hung out with celebs during that dev time.

like half of MGS5's development time was on the FOX engine, he was handed a good engine this time around and already has a ton of experience with photogrammetry and motion capture, it makes sense development time would be shorter.

It's been a few years, which I think could be fine
A cross gen release isn't something you want to do, if you can avoid it. The gamecube and wii, and now the wii u and switch, are very similarly capable hardware. If death stranding has to be reworked for the next generation (and probably pc) it would introduce problems that don't need to exist

Well, the engine was already done, so they'd "only" have to tweak it and get the art assets in.

why is everyone so hyped for this game, anyway

He was handed the decima engine and did some modifications. It's been four years I think. That's plenty of time
I do believe though that this shit will be as watered down as MGSV. Empty, boring ass landscapes with a few 'outposts' of those terorrists that will hold some key items for the ludens fans sidequests. Cool main missions every 4 hours or so and we've probably seen at least 30% of all cutscenes in those trailers

Because it is Kojima

He scanned all locations in 2014 so he saved time.

Konami owns those scans

that's it?

Yes? Same reason I look forward to all Platinum games or all Scorsese movies I trust the creative.

>Konami owns those scans
proof?

>That's plenty of time
>time
You guys still don't get how the industry works for AAA productions.
It's not about time it's about money.
Basically 80% of the assets, music, menus, and everything else, is being outsourced to some indians/chinks companies.
AAA studios do only the design and assembly.
You can do a game in less than a year if you have the money to do so, just look at the anual frachises. This is no secret.

so what's with all skepticism surrounding this one

Its so rare to get something from a creators singular whacky ass vision instead of some souless (unironically) corprate boardroom these days. Death Stranding could very well, will probably BE garbage, but it'll unmistakably be Kojimas garbage. I wouldn't miss that for the world.

Fox Engine was basically done by late 2012. MGSV took like 5 years to make, tops, if you want to count Fox Engine development as part of MGSV

but kojima has never made a decent game by himself

looking at it that way, i guess it makes sense

>MUH FUKUSHIMA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Everything we saw about it has been mediocre to embarrassing. And yet people are still waiting for what will be another massive turd just because of Kojimhack.

it's 3 years in development you fucking retard

The HZD devs are helping him make it.

Is the game even being made in Japan? I wouldn't surprised if Guerrilla Games are the actual developers and Kojima Productions are just providing the plot materials.

No decent game has ever been made by just a single person. Your point?

When’s the last time we got an original game?

Why does Kojima have such a hardon for white people?

I don't think so. Assassin's Creed Odyssey was made in, what, two years and it's a massively long open world game with a huge world. And Death Stranding is made by people with way more talent than anyone at Ubisoft. Considering they didn't have to make the engine from scratch four years seem like plenty of time to make a great game. Especially seeing how Death Stranding doesn't seem to concern itself with filling every square inch of its world with busywork like AC does.

What about Undertale?

I said decent for a reason.