Is Assassin's Creed 4 actually worth playing?

Is Assassin's Creed 4 actually worth playing?

Attached: ac4.jpg (220x309, 28K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YFKiZMyxQpk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

way better than 3. graphics are pretty good.

best game in this shitty series

If you played 3, did you like boat battles and hate everything else?

If so, you'll love it.

The pirate stuff is great if you're into pirates, the Assassin's Creed stuff is as shitty and boring as ever.

The pirate stuff is great, but the assassins creed parts are lame.

Are the controls/jumpers/parkour etc weird and sluggish or am I just not used to them? I haven't played any AC game for years before this one.

Best assassins creed game, mostly because it has barely anything to do with assassins creed. Even the protagonist couldn’t give a shit about assassins until the last hour or so.

I played it not long ago and had fun, the story isn't anything special and the main character is kind of an unlikable dick, but it's a great pirate game, with the usual assassin shit on the side.

That was one of the first times they took a lot of control away from the free running, it’s mostly just “hold sprint to climb” from memory.

Rogue is better

I'm playing through the 3rd one right now and its pissing me off. Too many unskippable cut scenes. Meme game play missions. Too many short loading screens. It's incredibly easy and uninspiring. The only difficulty is doing stealth missions but its not the good kind of difficulty its the frusterating difficulty. I don't know about any of the other assassin creeds i only picked 3 because i liked the cover. This game blows. Screw you guys, I'm going back to Dark Souls.

Attached: angryfeel.png (593x635, 210K)

You tend to jump on things you don't mean to, especially on the Jackdaw, but overall it's really not too bad (At least, from when I played it a couple weeks back). Rogue has you getting stuck on stuff more for some reason. It's definitely more precise than Ezio's games or 3.

They started it with 3, it's on the same engine and the only thing that changed was you don't need to press A in a Y tree to go up on the higher branches you just push in their direction.

3 is by far the worst game in the series. Well done in picking the worst possible entry point.

It's the same shit just less. Saying it's better is just dumb.

Gameplay is probably the worst in the series.
Everything else is the best in the series.

>You tend to jump on things you don't mean to,
Yeah, that's exactly the problem I'm having, but I imagine I'll get used to it and end up messing that up less often.

You can hold free run + drop (On an Xbox controller this would be RT + B) and it'll usually have you vault over minor things if you're getting caught up on those. If it's stuff on rooftops you can almost always aim where you need to but I know your frustrations at times. It's simply something you need to deal with, but you can deal with it if you position yourself well enough, usually.

Yes. play Rogue too

based retard.

Rogue has a better story.

How? You kill three main characters in the final sequence one after the other, half of the main cast isn't even developed, Shay's betrayal is laughable, and no one acts like a reasonable person. Outside of being a Native American what can you tell me about Kasegowase? What about Cook outside of the fact he's some random black guy with green goggles? Gist outside of the fact he's your quartermaster? Liam outside of the fact he's Shay's best friend? Hell, the game essentially only explains de Chevalier and Adewale and gives you zero reason to want to kill the latter with Shay even praising his work. You need to read the database entries if you even want a smidgen of a hint about main characters.

Not to mention Shay goes from admonishing the Assassins for letting innocents die to killing civilians without any remorse or desync AND the Templars literally burn a part of New York down and then pass around smallpox blankets to the homeless on purpose yet Shay still aligns with them when it's the very type of thing he betrayed the Assassins for. It makes no sense.

At least Edward goes from being a selfish asshole who has faith in his common man to fighting for people all over the world and generally trying to make it a better place after all his failings.

Attached: Assassin’s Creed® Rogue Remastered 2019-08-19 12-08-17.jpg (1920x1080, 850K)

youtube.com/watch?v=YFKiZMyxQpk
Best game in the series, and probably the most fun I've had as a pirate in a game.

i enjoyed ac odyssey

If you haven't just play the newest. It pretty much takes all the good parts of AC and puts it in one game. Naval warfare too I honestly played it way longer than i care to admit. it does become a boring loot grind though.

The last AC game with fun combat. All the "muh realism" retards ruined it after that.

I like Rogue but somehow it isn't as much "fun" as 4 to me.

>tfw Skull & Bones never ever

It's a good game for 3/4 of it, then the writers remembered that it was an AssCreed game so all the meta stuff comes back in your face and it's boring.

Attached: Skull and Bones.png (954x535, 582K)

It's the only one worth playing you scabrous swab

Attached: 2013-12-06_00005.jpg (1920x1080, 332K)

>At least Edward goes from being a selfish asshole who has faith in his common man to fighting for people all over the world and generally trying to make it a better place after all his failings.

I'm not disagreeing with you there, The game had plenty of pirate bro feels.
This is why everyone should play Rogue if they're going to play Black Flag.
Edward and the assassins are no better than the Templars at times, His son had every right to be angry and feel betrayed by the brotherhood.

>retard calling other retard

>His son had every right to be angry and feel betrayed by the brotherhood.
His son was literally raised by the Templar Order to believe Edward and his ilk were evil after they killed him for a journal at the dead of night in his own home. At least de la Serre let Arno be uninvolved in Templar affairs unless he sought them out, Birch intentionally killed Edward so he could raise Haytham as his personal murdering tool and get access to the London Rite. Even after Haytham finds all this out he has conflicting feelings about it and only stays because he believes in the general beliefs of the Templar Order rather than because he was brought up in it. The man even killed Birch. Hell, he was even willing to partner up with Connor and make him see that the Templar Order wasn't as black and white as Achilles was feeding him even if the Assassins was where he stayed.