Japan is the saviour of videogames

When is the west going to catch up? 2019 has been a dire year for western games. Trash like Control, Gears 5 and Anthem - all the same basic TPS. Wow, very cool western devs

>Astral Chain
>Azur Lane Crosswave
>Animal Crossing Horizons
>Babylon's Fall
>Bayonetta 3
>Bloodstained Ritual of the Night
>Collection of Mana
>Code Vein
>Daemon X Machina
>Deadly Premonition 2
>Dragon Quest XI Definitive Edition
>Dragon Quest Builders 2
>Elden Ring
>Fire Emblem Three Houses
>Granblue Fantasy Relink
>Granblue Fantasy Versus
>Catherine Full Body
>Death Stranding
>Digimon Survive
>Final Fantasy VII Remake
>Kill la Kill IF
>Hatsune Miku Megamix
>Luigi's Mansion 3
>Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3
>Mary Skelter 2
>Judgment
>Ni Oh 2
>Oninaki
>Omega Labyrinth Life
>Project Sakura Wars
>Project Awakening
>Project Re: Fantasy
>Project Resistance
>Pokemon Sword & Shield
>Rune Factory 4
>Rune Factory 5
>Persona 5 The Royale
>Persona 5 Scramble
>Persona Q2
>Sakuna: Of Rice and Ruin
>Shenmue III
>Samurai Shodown
>Super Mario Maker 2
>Shin Megami Tensei V
>Tales of Arise
>Town
>Trials of Mana
>Trails of Cold Steel 3
>Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition
>Yo-Kai Watch 4
>Warriors Orochi 4
>Yakuza Like a Dragon
>YS IX Monstrum Nox
>Zelda Link's Awakening
>Zelda Breath of the Wild 2

Attached: 2019 east v west.jpg (1669x1700, 539K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gematsu.com/2019/09/ghostwire-tokyo-creative-director-ikumi-nakamura-leaves-tango-gameworks
youtube.com/watch?v=WAJUelWRWBs
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>mom, I made another east vs west thread!

I really hope you didn't make this yourself. Pretty damn pathetic, kid. No one cares about your forced misunderstanding of specific regions vidya, or your attempt at hyperbole of another regions.

Why do you keep making this thread? Is it the autism?

Nu God of War has an hour long intro with no gameplay. You wouldn't get that shit in japanese games. Western devs have no idea how to do god tier combat, just button mashing garbage.

Attached: Yakuza G0D Tier Combat.webm (640x360, 2.97M)

Why do you guys defend trash?

Attached: astral chain.jpg (1100x1406, 443K)

>mortaly nazi's chalenged
You must be an actual nip with spelling like this

I hope you're not one of those people who thinks NuDoom is in anyway worthwhile

Persona 5 has a long ass cutscene with out any action in the first hour

That's typical for a JRPG I'd say

This year and 2017 are really japanese years. 2020 also looks like Japan year with VII Remake, Tales of Arise, Dragon Ball Kakkarot, GhostWire Tokyo, Persona 5 Royal etc.

EVERY YEAR HENCE FORTH IS JAP YEAR BABY WOOOOOOOO

Dude, go play any metal gear solid

nice bait nigger, using a list full of games that aren't even out yet to try and prove a point.

Are you fucking kidding me the biggest problem with nip games is an hour of bullshit dialogue at the start EVERY SINGLE TIME

Western devs are so unoriginal.

>GhostWire Tokyo
feels bad man

>all those astral chain user reviews
This is funny. Also I agree game is 9/10 easy.

>ace combat 7
>resident evil #550 that's also a remake of another game in the same series
>KH #264
>dmc 5
>doa 6
>actually original game, Sekiro
>actually original game, Astral Chains
And
>an indie metroidvania
Wow Japan is so unique and original.

oh hey i also can give a simplified and basic version of a game's description
ace combat
>you fly in a plane and shoot other planes
resident evil 2
>you walk around and kill some zombies
kingdom hearts
>you walk around and kill black goblins
dmc5
>you walk around and kill monsters
doa6
>you beat the shit out of someone
sekiro
>dark souls with a grappling hook
astral chain
>you walk around and kill some people with your jojo stand
bloodstained
>it's castlevania but not
wow that sure was fun

Attached: 343.jpg (2048x833, 363K)

the other ones i can understand, but warriors orochi 4 isn't "bad." it's nowhere as good as 3U, but it isn't "bad"

レディットに帰らなきゃ

>Metro
>Western
Why do you retards keep getting this wrong?

What, why?

Not like western developers make bad games.

gematsu.com/2019/09/ghostwire-tokyo-creative-director-ikumi-nakamura-leaves-tango-gameworks

but it's okay when the OP cherrypicks

there's something endearing about modern kusoge
youtube.com/watch?v=WAJUelWRWBs

half the games on the left side are good tho

not even the savor. its just the only video game industry.

western games are totally dead.

>You wouldn't get that shit in japanese games
I'm big into the fact that Japan is the top dog right now but you can't be serious

That's not what he said

and 2018 was fucking dead for some reason

The most unique country on the planet for games anyways

fun fact if you like Japanese games you are a low test beta that should off yourself.

Japan has it's fair share of garbage too but unlike the West it isn't all they have to offer these days

>Western devs are so unoriginal.

Attached: 1837132731.jpg (2000x2504, 1.06M)

>Nu God of War has an hour long intro with no gameplay. You wouldn't get that shit in japanese games.
True, in a Japanese game you would get 5 hours of gameplay and 5 hours of cutscenes.

Attached: 1032032032032.jpg (650x519, 55K)

Going to dump all the images relating to old games for the thousandth time despite these threads being about the modern game industry?

>Astral chain literally had to censor reviews
LMAO!!!!

Post more

>Going to dump all the images relating to old games for the thousandth time despite these threads being about the modern game industry?
So we should only discuss modern games?

Well, if you insist.

Attached: Untitled_1.jpg (590x248, 54K)

I no problem with a baby easy mode, but it should be called Journalist mode so even kids know not to pick it.

>So we should only discuss modern games?
Yes that it is indeed what the thread subject is and yes, Kojima is a hack and there's hundreds of better Jap devs

>Nu God of War has an hour long intro with no gameplay. You wouldn't get that shit in japanese games.

Attached: 12382813821.jpg (738x302, 106K)

what kind of autism is that

>what kind of autism is that

>taking 5 minutes to write up blatant similarities between games
>"autism"

Autism is a synonym for sentience now.

Since when was FE3H kusoge?

bing bing games and other shit made by nintendo all have their current gen games start with an unskippable hours long tutorial what the fuck are you talking about

>Azur Lane Crosswave
>Compileshit
Fuck off, retard fucking weeb

its autism. nobodys obsessed with the similarity this much. seems like you are the autist.

>FE3H

Attached: 1436418.png (413x437, 148K)

don't western devs get tired of making the same shooting games all the fucking time

Publishers don't care, mindless drones keep buying the same game

I'm fucking retarded, carry on

Attached: 3.jpg (397x376, 26K)

East - hack and slash, third person beat em up. West - has one of the best story games ever made.Great shooting mechanics, also has great enviroments. West create's the best / largest esports shooters.

>West - has one of the best story games ever made
which is?

>NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND BASED NIPPON GOOD WEST PIGGU BAD REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Just fucking stop embarassing yourselves you fucking retards

>half the list is remasters or games that won't even be released in 5+ years (project re:fantasy lol)
>most of the remaining half aren't even necessarily good
So...this is the state of Japanes gaming...

Attached: 12388128123.jpg (201x201, 5K)

Do Japanese get tired of making the same sword swinging game?

All tropes are from horror movies, neck yourself.

Why are you posting this shitty thread again? This is the 6th time already or so.
Besides Hitman BTFO all of these cringe weebshit cancer games.

2020 has TLOU2 and Cyberpunk 2077 on the Western end. Both of those games are bigger than everything you listed combined barring FF7R(which is 1/3 of a game that already exists in full).

>all this literal who shit
lel

I think this is pretty universal knowledge, OP. If you look at any 3x3 thread on here or whatever, everyones top 10 favorite games are always from Japan. The only people that "prefer" western games are turbofaggots that pretend shit like Max Payne or whatever is better than jap games because they're so afraid of being called a weeaboo or something that they will limit themselves to le epic russian "comfy jank xD" games out of that fear / autism.

>All tropes are from horror movies, neck yourself.
It would be one thing if they had a few tropes in common. But literally dozens of them, right down to extremely specific details? You can't be this stupid.

Also:

>controls, interface, game mechanics are now horror tropes

Attached: 1555183439631.png (431x428, 22K)

>The only people that "prefer" western games are turbofaggots that pretend shit like Max Payne or whatever is better than jap games

Attached: 1223438994943.jpg (2000x1689, 839K)

lol how convenient they don't share any other popular horror tropes like lovercraftian creature, OP alien, whores dying, virgin final woman, teleporting monsters, sexual innuendos, black guy dying first, etc.

My 3x3 is actually 2:1 Western games to Japanese games, but my top 2 are Jap games.

I swear weebs are total cucked by Japan. You have to wonder if they're addicted to hentai or simply have no friends and cope with anime.

Please keep making threads like these, makes it really easy to find good games

>That webm.
That's like teleports behind you level edge and I love it. I wonder what real life Yakuza think of the series?

>Please keep making threads like these, makes it really easy to know which bad games are coming out that are safe to ignore

That too, actually.

Keep em coming!

How is that any better than Bamham or AC combat? None of thee enemies even do anything, they just stand there patiently waiting their turn because the game is programmed to only allow one enemy to attack you at a time.

And most of that 'combat' consists of a cutscene

Japan had real trouble entering the hd age but now that they are actually there they have been shitting on western games for years.

Only graphically they can't win but who gives a shit.

What happened to western gaming? I would defend it to the death until recently, now even I have to admit the Japs have absolutely DESTROYED us this generation.

>I have to admit the Japs have absolutely DESTROYED us this generation.
Western games were in an even worse state than last gen, unless you think a billion CoD clones and cover-based shooters aree the pinnacle of creativity.

Ugh, meant to say:
>Western games were in an even worse state during last gen

Persona is a RPG about social alterations of one's true will.
This is like saying Citizen Kane is pretentious too when we're talking about The Spirit.

>Persona is a RPG about social alterations of one's true will.
What social interaction? If you were talking about other RPGs, you might have a point. But Persona 5's dialogues don't allow for any meaningful interactivity. They're just glorified cutscene.

Attached: 121020233424.jpg (2000x1884, 919K)

user, you literally went full NPC bot and thought alteration was a misuse of interaction.

Management happened. A lot of games just try to appeal to recent trends or the American market. As a result you get hundreds of shooters, some with zombies, great graphics without good gameplay to back it up, microtransactions up the ass and unoptimized crap. Or they just milk franchises, see Bethesda, Blizzard or EA. Just look at the Command&Conquer reveal trailer. It's a cinematic trailer with some hip music that's supposed to hype you up, but in the end it's just some mobile trash.

I accidentally misread alteration for interaction. My bad.

Well, at least it gave me an excuse to post that image.

Which makes you look like a gigantic autist trying to make a big deal out of not picking out a codename for Ann.

I 'played' Person 5 until the third temple and can confirm Jap games can be just as uninteractive as white oeioke games.

The main difference between WRPGs and JRPGs is that in WRPGs you mold your own character through interactions, while JRPGs have set characters that are characterized throughout the story. Taking from the origin, WRPGs took the freedom that PnPs give the player and made that their top priority while in Japan the emphasis was on the the fantasy and world building aspect. They're more like books with RPG elements like character progression and gameplay.

JRPGs are also less dead.

Name one year that a non japanese game was goty

Attached: 1564075587532.jpg (1440x1080, 557K)

jamal, cut back on the fried chicken

>Metacritic
>Few point differences in Metacritic
user, you have been diagnosed with double cancer.

Attached: 1567462855851.gif (270x304, 435K)

>Adding games to the top 2019 list when they haven't released yet
Why do people do this? Depending on the dev the game might be trash a few weeks or months after release. See Blops 4 on pc which was a dumpsterfire.

>physical media

wew

>snoyggers have no games coming out the rest of the year so the review bomb nintendo games instead
literally LMAO'ing @ snoyggers game drought rn

Nazi's what?

>while JRPGs have set characters that are characterized throughout the story
so like every other non-RPG game with a story? Why not play Last of Us if you just want to watch a story?

You guys really live on an island don't you? WE WE WE, we are the best. Your penis is small like those pedo pedo girls you like to fuck, disgusting, weird thing that is such an embarrassment for the rest of the world. And your games are shit too faggot.

JAPAN: Where kids rape is the best thing

unfunny samefag

go pad your crime statistics more by letting grown men who admit to the crime walk free

I don't see Japan with a pedophile ring implicating the elite of America and Britain like celebrities, media people, politicians, scientists, royals and CIA spooks

Why is the west obsessed with shooters?
I personally never liked shooters.

Attached: 1559165146761.png (450x416, 177K)

because white men are violent colonizers that like subjugating women and shooting minorities

He's insulting your english you dumb fucking twat. He's telling you to learn how to form a fucking sentence.

lmao Only VII Remake has any chance of giving Japan the edge in 2020, the west is gonna be the one to crush next year just like it did in 2018. Maybe in 2021 you weebs can have your turn again.

>bloodstained
>good
lmaoing

what is even coming out from the west in 2020? also its gonna be a cross-gen year so western games are gonna be cross-gen and suck ass

Ion Fury is fantastic. Suck on a basket of dicks.

Attached: capt0005.png (1920x1080, 266K)

You have to go back to Yea Forums. Steven Gayverse is waiting for you

and what do you do in the game?

>The Last of Us Part 2
>Cyberpunk 2077
>Halo Infinite
>Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines 2
>Baldur's Gate 3
>System Shock Remake
>Psychonauts 2
>Watch Dogs: Legion
>Wasteland 3
>Werewolf: The Apocalypse
>Mount and Blade 2: Banner... pfff... ok, this one was a joke.

But yeah, 2020 is also the year of the western RPG renaissance.

what does it matter you subhuman? you listed blasmephous ass sweat like Resident Evil 2 - an absolute buttfuck atrocious western shitter dev "reimagination" of a once perfect game. guess what, you also aim and shoot things in this game you braindamaged failed abortion, so there goes your main argument you dumb son of a single mother whore.
also Kingdom Manchildren, Devil May Reddit and Bloodstained of all things.
Your taste sucks African nigger scrotum

Maximum triggered holy kek

Doom wads will outlive Japanese games since japanese devs either go after fanmade shit or can't keep their own source codes.

Exactly, you don't see it. You do see a ton of missing children, criminal reports constantly being deleted because of the government, and rapists getting off with no charges

Japan has literal "child modeling agencies" where they put little withe girls in fetishwear and sell it legally. Now imagine the kind of shit that goes on behind the scenes.
Yeah, jap government and police manipulate the crime statistics pretty hard. There was a guy that got beaten to death and one look at his corpse could have told you that, but the popo said it was heart attack that caused his death

Half of these aren't even real RPG's

>Dragon Ball Kakkarot

Attached: 1564181720130.jpg (363x463, 38K)