Do you agree with Nintendo of America, is Majora's Mask the worst 3D Zelda game?

Do you agree with Nintendo of America, is Majora's Mask the worst 3D Zelda game?

Attached: Majora.jpg (1473x1884, 2.83M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/BIsez3DHmd8?t=1076
youtube.com/watch?v=OVZcvnItkdw
youtube.com/watch?v=iE3A6zS-HGI
youtube.com/watch?v=DlMGdW87Wuo
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I don't believe they've actually said that. Also I think that Skyward Sword is certainly worse. Ocarina, The Wind Waker, and Twilight are all good rivals for it. I think Wild is better even if very flawed.

I was about to say it's the most difficult to 100% blind, but then I remembered those stupid bugs in TP so idk
I don't really like MM but if that's the worst the series has to offer, wow what a great series

They did
> 1. Ocarina of Time
> 2. A Link To The Past
> 3. Breath of the Wild
> 4. The Wind Waker
> 5. Skyward Sword
> 6. The Legend of Zelda
> 7. Link's Awakening DX
> 8. Majora's Mask
In 2009 Nintendo had it at the very bottom behind Phantom Hourglass & Spirit Tracks.

I personally think Skyward Sword is the worst because it wouldnt stop holding my ffucking hand. Breath of the Wild is a close second for me because i would have preferred the classic style of dungeons instead of a bunch of shrines, but this is just my personal taste and I did enjoy the game otherwise.

Attached: 55726427_453026185435290_1408939742002675712_n.jpg (960x960, 81K)

Everyone agrees that it is Skyward Sword. It isn't even close.

Anyone who doesn't think SS is by far and away the worst is being a contrarian fag

Oot, mm, tww = tp, ss
Botw is good but i can't really put it anywhere because it just isn't the same

OOT>WW=MM>ALTTP>LA>SS>BOTW>TP

Fuck no, not when WW/TP exist and not when it has the best world/characters/side quests of any Zelda.

TP was good tho

>WW
>bad
why are you such a fag?

Attached: 1561582984069.jpg (790x768, 56K)

No, that would be Skyward Sword, then Twilight Princess.

Shut the fuck up Boco

In terms of development, the game was a nightmare. They had a year to develop it and all of the assets were copied from oot. It was originally supposed to be extra content for oot but it didn’t pan out. It was a miracle the game came out at all, let alone be considered a masterpiece. They probably didn’t like it as much cause it doesn’t stand out that much and caused them lots of stress

Yes, half a game made for literal toddlers is bad.
It was mediocre. The story starts out as a huge factor yet falls flat halfway through, the combat is lacking, and the puzzles are easy as fuck 95% of the time making the dungeons a joke despite also being a huge factor.

>The story starts out as a huge factor yet falls flat halfway through, the combat is lacking, and the puzzles are easy as fuck 95% of the time making the dungeons a joke despite also being a huge factor.
That's every Zelda out there.

No, no Zelda goes that far out of its way to focus on its story aside from maybe the DS games and SS.
For combat, I'd agree, but TP just adds more fluff with enemy armor that slows things down where in OoT/MM, you didn't have to deal with that. Also because Zelda 2 exists.
With puzzles, SS was amazing and most of the 2D titles are at least passable.

>With puzzles, SS was amazing
Awful, awful taste. 2D Zelda sure, but not fucking Simon Says puzzles.

>with puzzles, SS was amazing
hahahaha
Get a load of this bugman

No...

The worst 3D Zelda is Spirit Tracks, followed by Phantom Hourglass and then Wind Waker.

NTA, but at least Skyward Sword isn't as bad as Wind Waker.

>Yes, half a game made for literal toddlers is bad
literally just have sex

Attached: 1554564299166.jpg (854x480, 147K)

SS is the finished game but it's lows are that bad.

WW is miles ahead of SS.

Literally just try to prove me wrong or accept it.
Sky Keep as a whole, Ancient Cistern and Fire Sanctuary to an extent all have great puzzles.
hahahaha
Get a load of this idiot who can't even make an argument.

Skyward Sword's high points reach the sky, while Wind Waker's high points are barely above sea level.

>WW is miles ahead of SS.
In shityness, yes.

>T-They really did say it, you guys! Just trust me!!
Retarded shews don't get (you)s.

Attached: citation needed.jpg (600x600, 38K)

>this game presents no challenge to my superior intellect therefore it is objectively bad
whats it like having no friends?

Attached: 1554078455686.gif (448x344, 1.6M)

Fucking scrubs couldn't get past the first 3 day cycle

Attached: 1540811070761.png (1920x1080, 1.12M)

How could it be the worst if Skyward Sword exists.

Attached: zelda souls.png (1257x600, 1.16M)

No shit when the game doesn't have much else worth coming for in the first place. And you still can't be assed to make an argument.

switch ww and mm and you have the correct answer
>And you still can't be assed to make an argument
and when did you ever make one? lol must suck being such an angry virgin all the time just go have sex

Attached: 1553950205681.png (773x528, 414K)

>and when did you ever make one?
When I explained exactly why WW and TP aren't good games. All you can do is spam buzzwords on repeat, so I guess that means you can't actually make one. This is the last (You) you'll get from me in that case.

you never explained shit you autist you just said "hurr durr bad cuz ez" like thats not just the subjective opinion of a pretentious retard that cant get a gf. games dont have to be challenging to intellectuals with 200 IQ such as yourself to be fun and enjoyable you fucking neckbeard. the exploration was dope. the combat was smooth. character designs were fun (medli was adorbs). that twist at the end was awesome. overall a great zelda game my dude but none can match lttp in terms of greatness.

>"hurr durr bad cuz ez" like thats not just the subjective opinion
Because it's not. Go on and tell me this isn't objectively easy.
youtu.be/BIsez3DHmd8?t=1076
>games dont have to be challenging to intellectuals with 200 IQ such as yourself to be fun and enjoyable you fucking neckbeard.
Still doesn't mean they're good games.
>the exploration was dope
Oh yes, I too love exploring barren islands just to find a treasure chart for some rupees.
>the combat was smooth
I love pressing A to win too.

*17:56 for the video

>Go on and tell me this isn't objectively easy
i never made an argument saying it was difficult dipshit. the game is pretty easy. all of the zelda games are,
>Still doesn't mean they're good games.
doesnt mean theyre bad either
>Oh yes, I too love exploring barren islands just to find a treasure chart for some rupees.
islands had enemies you mong it was fun going out and exploring them but ill admit the rupees were shit lttp was the only zelda game that rewarded you with cool shit for exploring
>I love pressing A to win too.
this is every zelda game no? lol like come on man srsly.

Attached: 1554343618131.gif (451x274, 1.16M)

false. MM is the best Zelda and BB is the worst Souls.

"Worst 3D Zelda game" is redundant. All 3D Zelda games are shit.
Zelda 1 was the best and it all went downhill after that. I fucking dare anyone to even come close to the ideals and pure fucking gameplay abandoning fucking LOLSTORYSHIT and LOLGRAFX and LOLNOBODY CARES ABOUT GAMEPLAY AND CONTROLS JUST HALF-ASS THAT SHIT that has fucking destroyed gaming since the mid-90s and continues today.

>i never made an argument saying it was difficult dipshit.
You literally said calling it easy is a subjective opinion.
>the game is pretty easy. all of the zelda games are
>this is every zelda game no? lol like come on man srsly.
All of the 3D titles maybe, but even then, WW takes it to another level.
>islands had enemies you mong
Some and they were still easy as hell including the occasional darknut which you can just spam parries against.
>it was fun going out and exploring them
At first until you realize how pointless it is and how little there actually is to each island. It goes back to what I said about it being half a game, which is by far its biggest flaw.

Considering it was made in less than a year fuck no. Let's see how BotW's sequel handles reusing assets. In theory it means they should have the time and energy to do something innovative and without a 10 month time constraint could make something outstanding

But we all know that wont happen

behind those DS monstrosities, lmao. i never liked MM, but putting it behind spirit tracks and hourglass is cruel

Every 3D Zelda is good.

>"Worst 3D Zelda game" is redundant. All 3D Zelda games are shit.
Atmosphere is the one thing 3D Zelda does good if nothing else.
>Zelda 1 was the best and it all went downhill after that. I fucking dare anyone...
Zelda 2 was an improvement on 1 in every way.

>You literally said calling it easy is a subjective opinion
pls show me where i said this idiot
>All of the 3D titles maybe, but even then, WW takes it to another level.
tell me some examples of difficult zelda games
pro tip: there arent any
>At first until you realize how pointless it is
they def should have added some cool hidden weapons/lore bits/bosses/etc to make it more fun and interesting but it was still enjoyable to have that sense freedom

Post the actual source nigger

Fact: Twilight Princess would be the 2nd best Zelda game if it released after Majora's Mask & developed around the concept of it being a direct sequel to OOT & MM, and being a conclusion to the Hero of Time's character arc. All of the shit with the Twilight realm didn't need to happen in the game. Everyone wanted to see how OOT Link's journey ended. It would have been great to see another time skip & show how he ended up becoming the hero's shade. It would have been extremely emotional & satisfying for Zelda fans. And all of the nostalgia callbacks to OOT in TP would have made sense, since it's a direct continuation. Also it needed to have Cell shaded graphics.

Zelda would have been amazing if Nintendo gave even the slightest fucks about the story

if they actually said that, I'm glad they're not the ones making the fucking things because jesus christ

i wish we were getting an LttP remake instead of a link's awakening one
aint a zelda game without zelda and the master sword if you ask me

no
I think it's the best one

>pls show me where i said this idiot
>"you just said "hurr durr bad cuz ez" like thats not just the subjective opinion of a pretentious retard"
>tell me some examples of difficult zelda games
Zelda 1, Zelda 2, ALttP, OoA, PH, ST, and SS.
>but it was still enjoyable to have that sense freedom
I guess, but every 3D Zelda has at least that much.

Miyamoto is the one who hates Story, and Nintendo is horrible at developing sequels since they are so used to writing standalone games. Square Enix is the same way. Nintendo also takes fan backlash way too seriously & has no idea what people want, which is why OOT, MM & WW are the only good 3D Zelda games.
> When people said they wanted a more mature Zelda, what we meant was we wanted a conclusion to OOT/MM Link's character arc. Instead with Twilight Princess they made a completely original story, downgraded the graphics & rehashed of Ocarina of Time. Which is what none of the fans actually wanted
> When people said that Twilight Princess was too dark, boring, poorly paced ugly & pretenious, it's because of the horrible Wolf Link sections, and how the overworld meant absolutely nothing, all of the characters were poorly written and served no real purpose in the story, the music was bland & so were the dungeons. This is all caused by Nintendo ignoring the fans & further streamlining the gameplay
Well what does Nintendo do for the next game? Instead of making a proper Wind Waker sequel, they ignore all of the fan complaints about Twilight Princess & further streamline the game design, developing the game as a completely linear hallway where you have segmented areas to backtrack to constantly. And ruining the series continuity beyond repair..
> When people complained about all of the problems about Skyward Sword, what does Nintendo do for BOTW?
They streamline the game design even further, now removing any semblence of Story, characters & music, instead opting for a bland open world and removing the traditional Zelda formula when none of us ever had a problem with it at all. It was how poorly it was executed in Skyward Sword & Twilight Princess. Sure Skyward Sword's storyline was so bad that it probably lead to the reboot of the timeline, but that's even worse & demostrates just how horrible Nintendo has gotten with the Zelda series.

>Everyone wanted to see how OOT Link's journey ended.
There's some things better left open and that's what TP did.

>all of the characters were poorly written and served no real purpose in the story, the music was bland & so were the dungeons.
Subjective as fuck, TP had lowkey awesome atmosphere and music.

The story we got in Twilight Princess was terrible, you cannot end on such a cliffhanger when everyone is demanding to see how Link's story ended. The only Link's that ever resonated with fans was the Hero of Time. Because he went through an character arc in his game due to having a direct sequel.

NOA has awful taste if they really said that.

The atmosphere was ruined due to how poorly designed the towns were, walking into a town and seeing everyone all calm to a literal apocalypse or having another bullshit wolf link section completely breaks your immersion, Zelda has never recaptured the magical feeling of OOT, the depressing apocalypse of Majora's Mask, or the bittersweet grand adventure of Wind Waker. They simply lack identity of their own, because Nintendo doesn't know what fans want & by the time the Wii came out believed they could simply rely on Gimmicks for their games to be successful

>The only Link's that ever resonated with fans was the Hero of Time.
Speak for yourself faggot, TP and WW Link were great heroes. And like above, you don't need to explain everything that happens to the character.

TP link was extremely bland & you didn't care about him because the supporting cast around him was so weak, Wind Waker link was good but he was ruined by Nintendo not giving him a proper sequel on the Wii.

This. There will never be another masterpiece like MM and OoT, it's clear they don't know what the fans want, nor do they care to find out.

>The atmosphere was ruined due to how poorly designed the towns were,
Hyrule Castle, Kakariko Village and the Hidden Village shit on their OoT equivalents. Hyrule Kingdom as a whole too.

>you didn't care about him because the supporting cast around him was so weak
So were OoT and WW Link's but I still liked the heroic qualities in them as I did in TP Link.

>Wind Waker link was good but he was ruined by Nintendo not giving him a proper sequel on the Wii.
So I guess he's shit now because he got games on the DS? Very autistic way of thinking.

>Kakariko Village and the Hidden Village
Nah, barren wastelands with next to no people are trash.

Skyward Sword had high points? I Iegitimately don't remember enjoying myself a single moment in that entire mess.

>give reasonable explanations for that in-game
>NO NO ITS SHITTU
Autism.

The robot boss with multiple arms, Ghirahim and the sand ship are the probably the peaks of SS.

>excuses for a lack of atmosphere make up for it
Autism.

I liked the OST and the Ancient Cistern a lot. Sky Keep was nice, I loved the main island of Skyloft and that the some of the side quests actually had alternate endings, and I'm really hoping the game gets the same treatment Xenoblade Chronicles is getting because the artstyle could potentially look gorgeous in HD

>a lack of atmosphere
>in Kakariko and Hidden Village
This is advance autism.

What a joke. Kakariko looks like the fucking wild west with no Gothic creep factor the OoT version has. Hyrule Castle and Castle Town are not intimidating at all like they should be when evil takes over.

>Kakariko looks like the fucking wild west with no Gothic creep factor the OoT version has.
>this is a bad thing
Glad it did that instead of doing generic the same village that Kakariko was in OoT. Not including the well underneath.

>Hyrule Castle and Castle Town are not intimidating at all like they should be when evil takes over.
Seven years is a long time compared to what was probably a few months.

No, that would be this foetid gem of bearshit.

Attached: The_Legend_of_Zelda_The_Wind_Waker.jpg (260x370, 18K)

>This is advance autism.
>no argument
Okay ESL-kun.

Sorry user you pretty much outed yourself as an autist when you said there's no atmosphere in Kakariko or Hidden Village. Stay stupid my friend.

youtube.com/watch?v=OVZcvnItkdw
youtube.com/watch?v=iE3A6zS-HGI

indisputable opinion incoming
1. majora's mask
2. ocarina of time
3. twilight princess
4. wind waker
5. breath of the wild
6. skyward sword

Those are from specific scenes, not the locations in their natural state.

Anyone else find the Master Sword pretty fucking boring? Strength should come from the wielder, not the weapon.

Attached: nick-pantring-mastersword-swordsolo.jpg (1920x1080, 124K)

The Kakariko one is close to the original and the HV is the theme of the village and plays after the attack.
youtube.com/watch?v=DlMGdW87Wuo

magic swords are cool
plus it does end up as a plot point for a good portion of the timeline if you believe in it anyway and connects a fair amount of the lore together
each game doesn't have its own master sword, its literally the same sword all throughout canon

>The Kakariko one is close to the original
The instruments are different, which do a lot to the atmosphere.
>HV is the theme of the village and plays after the attack.
It only plays during the attack. Believe what you want I guess, I'm too sleepy to keep arguing.

Actually I stand corrected, HV is quiet after the shootout. Nothing but the wind blowing I'm cool with that, it adds to the ghost town atmosphere.

>Strength should come from the wielder, not the weapon.
TP Link pretty much bludgeoned Ganondorf to death with his after he was able to match his strength.