youtube.com/watch?v=gfQBJub1rew
youtube.com/watch?v=oXcwYgoGR0E
youtube.com/watch?v=jE3sf1fRq3w
youtube.com/watch?v=KnxgQMSsc8c
youtube.com/watch?v=IdzYsNLoeGY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>you are the demons

>game breaks the fourth wall

>save select screens, game over screens, and other forms of UI are presented as a gameplay segment

>horror game
>LOOK BEHIND YOU
I really liked the mgs elevator scene of course

any good examples?

>Befriending monsters

main theme plays when you are fighting the final boss / secret special boss

>fighting the final boss
>orchestral main theme plays
>boss changes into final form/post-final boss boss
>orchestral rock version of the main theme plays with vocals added
I literally cum every time

>useless party member that you recruit at the start of the game ends up being broken after levelling up enough

which game? technically anthem does this with the starting gun instead of party member kek

Bargaining or haggling systems

mario sunshine is literally the only game I can think of that does this. I don't think it's that much of a common trope

Attached: tumblr_piaq1jYIDY1rrftcdo1_500.gif (500x346, 2.91M)

is there a game other than that dog baseball game?

>"Befriending" monsters

Attached: images (3).jpg (554x554, 33K)

In Alundra, to load a save file you're sent to a library room with a sage in the middle, and you can walk around in it. He tells you to choose a tale and there's tables with books on top of them, each book representing a save slot. You open the book and start reading the tale to resume the game.
There was an old Looney Tunes game, Desert Demolition I think it was called, you had to actually move around and pull levers to adjust game settings at the start.

>devs thank you for playing at the end of the credits

Attached: 1543152499838.png (411x411, 332K)

youtube.com/watch?v=TtyX6qNKPUo
Punch Out Wii does a good job of that. Actually, Punch Out Wii does a good job of pretty much everything really. Go play it, you can probably steal it from GameStop now that it's closing down soon.

Lisa my guy. Highly recommend.

Mario Land 2 had it, too.

>final level is the first level but destroyed with the music remixed

Attached: 1519406822090.jpg (570x570, 34K)

Please give me some good bossa nova main themes.

>Upgrades are obtained by defeating bosses
>Defeating the fast boss gives you the running/super speed upgrade, defeating the flying boss grants the flying power
For this reason Metroid Fusion has a special place in my heart as my favorite. Also the Castlevania Sorrow duology

Can you create infinite number of books? cause that sounds rad as shit, but my saving autism would fill it mid way through most likely. lol

>rival antagonist that has habilities similar to yours
>bonus points if he ends up teaming up with you at the end to fight the final boss

Attached: 1487972537890.gif (360x240, 397K)

Alundra and Alundra 2 were pretty creepy games.

>Protaganist dies
>Side character becomes the new protaganist

>mario rpg secret final fantasy boss
>mario remix of final fantasy victory fanfare plays when you beat it

Attached: mario.gif (230x369, 27K)

doesn't psychonauts do it

youtube.com/watch?v=Q2Qd-7HYq-E

youtube.com/watch?v=Rk6xc9nwaFg

Attached: CatWonder.jpg (540x541, 34K)

>the bosses theme isn't their theme
>it's yours
>(you) are the boss

Attached: 1549570640300.jpg (640x480, 33K)

>get form change right before final boss
>boss reacts to form change

>Get powered up by friend/god/something
>Curb stomp stuff that would normally cause you trouble

>fight boss once and lose
>get form change right before you fight him again
>he thinks he'll just beat you again but then gets visibly nervous after seeing your form change and doesn't know what to do

little nightmares

>some enemies realize how powerful you are and run away

More games should do this. I rarely see it happen.

Character falls asleep as your leaving them in idle animation.

which game?

>100%ing the game gives you a huge reward that can be used on the final boss
>you get to keep it afterwards too not just for one fight

which games other than majora's mask? really like this

Far cry 2 kinda does.
They don't surrender or actually change how they fight though but they do comment how on fucked they are.

Persona 3 does it

None.

Example: DQ3 jester class is bad, but can be upgraded to a sage later which has access to all spellcasting and good casting stats with no real compromise.

Earthbound
SMT Apocalypse also has an app that if you use it, all demons who are 5 or more levels lower than you run away.

When I posted that, I was specifically thinking of Shadow of Mordor and DOOM 2016.

Mordor is satisfying because not only do they run away, they look pathetic and terrified as they realized how badly they fucked up.

South Park The Stick of Truth

It's been years since I played it, but I remember once of the party members was fuckign broken as shit. I think it was Kyle with his plagues of Egypt or something, but it literally just stacked damage modifiers onto opponents and eventually if leveled up enough did enough damage to recharge its meter each turn so you could just spam it or something.

>the first basic gun/class/weapon etc you get is the most reliable and is what you wind up doing the majority of your battling with

Games: Star Wars Battlefront rifleman, DOOM 2016 shotgun, Modern Warfare M16, your starter Pokemon, th Bioshock wrench

>games credit song is a medley of different songs heard throughout the game
>credits show the "where they are now" of some characters
>their fate changes depending on whether or not you helped them

youtube.com/watch?v=np_OCZ5LV1k&t=

Attached: 1ewcwz.jpg (900x900, 95K)

I like that in Cave Story you get to upgrade your starting weapon if you keep it until the endgame.

>Joining forces with a rival to fight a common enemy

Attached: f.png (394x294, 96K)

>After levelling up enough
>level 25
>when you'll probably be sub-20 in the endgame

The Garrote in Hitman

>joining forces with a common enemy to defeat your rival

>your custom appearance is present in cutscenes rather than switching back to a default

Literally the only reason I ever play Halo Reach

>game ends in a sad note
>screen fades to black
>game's logo appears in total silence

Attached: mt.jpg (600x804, 65K)

>hard as fuck enemy
>blow the fuck out of it
>you can clearly see the cowardice in its eyes as it limps away

Attached: 1543103784929.jpg (509x733, 9K)

I really wish the "NPCs being self-aware that they're in a game" trope was used as a serious plot point and not just for the sake of WINK WINK humor

I would very interested in seeing a game where the protagonist realizes his world is not real and deals with the ramifications of that.

Unfortunately I dunno how that shit would translate into gameplay so it'd probably end up being some lame little indie walking sim.

I guess Oneshot kind of has a similar premise to what I'm describing, but not really.

Odin Sphere does half its menus as that.

>save select is a girl who has to physically pick up the storybook of your characters
>can scroll through inventory in your hand and goes right into the item use animation
Not everything is like that but the ones that it does, it does extremely well.

Come to think of it, Katamari's kind of like that. You select your save file by rolling over it with your friggin' Katamari. It really is the best.

>I would very interested in seeing a game where the protagonist realizes his world is not real and deals with the ramifications of that.
Contact

I was part of group in university that built a game for our last year project based on that entire premise

dude in a tutorial level becomes self aware and plays through various worlds based on other videos games trying to find a way into the 'real world'

we never finished it, but was fun

OFF?

>halfway through the game the villain teams up with you in order to fight a greater threat

Attached: cathasactivated.jpg (500x500, 48K)

>devs put in something specifically to trigger the autistic

Attached: choco.png (125x125, 23K)

Not exactly the same, but I love that some demons in SMT will beg you to let them go if you beat them up

Kingdom Come: Deliverance did this pretty well

>cute edgy girl in your party

Attached: 1530551542985.jpg (861x1200, 127K)

>the antagonists summon an ancient evil
>ancient evil awakens
>ancient evil casually slaughters antagonists without giving them a chance to explain themselves

Attached: Here's johnny.jpg (460x288, 29K)

I think Conker's Bad Fur Day does this

>music is a bossa nova version of the current theme
or
>sound crushed or muffled version that sounds like its playing behind a wall

Attached: 1567112948749.jpg (1200x903, 363K)

Metro does this with the main menu. Not the pause though.

>game gives you a theme song when you enter the Powered Up state
>cheesy as FUCK engrish lyrics
youtube.com/watch?v=rT0WpdrCJYE

>Ability gives you a small chance to refuse to die

Attached: 1558458671908.gif (299x240, 174K)

>chapter start splash screens
I don't know why but I love this shit every time. I guess it hypes up what's to come?

Attached: pm chapter 1.jpg (320x240, 14K)

>ability gives you a small chance to kill your own post

>credits take place during sunset

Attached: sunset.jpg (464x265, 24K)

>character has a wide variety of idle animations

Attached: Conker_Plays_Game_Boy.gif (219x263, 1.02M)

>Final boss theme is a remix of the normal boss theme

Attached: 1566443968914.gif (280x211, 945K)

SOULLESS CREATURE
too bad the game is a mess of plots and they don't go anywhere with it, really

Attached: Frederic.Francois.Chopin.full.135353.jpg (1012x1280, 293K)

Fable Three

youtu.be/-mak9-eTVJg

Attached: 57FF32FD-5902-44C6-B5C5-E2D4EFE0D237.jpg (125x125, 2K)

>game uses church bells in a fast-paced action theme instead of the usual slow, orchestral shit
>game has a scene with slow, overly reverbed piano

Attached: 1480814943047.jpg (314x561, 40K)

>sound crushed or muffled version that sounds like its playing behind a wall
not that anyone cares, but I dislike when this happens, not because it sounds bad, but because it's babby's first Wwise low pass filter and is indicative of the modern vg music industry writing less and less music because it's modern and cool. man i miss pause menu music, they can even do cool shit where it's a layer that fades in/out relative to the ingame music but no that's not good enough for modern video game composers they gotta do that low pass filter shit

but please sauce me on that hatsume mei

I find it cozy but to each their own.

>game has a piano sequence
>piano follows the rhythm of rain or soft chimey notes for snow fall

gets me every time.

>game lets you walk anywhere in the world and talk to everyone you saved after you beat the game
its hardly even a trope considering the only game I can think of that does it is Earthbound but I love it

the classic
>waterfall
>secret behind it
>the secret is actually a cave
no better feeling in this world

Pathologic

>game dectects you are cheating
>sends I giant ass monster to kill you

>game has colorful, shiny collectables that make a noise when you pick them up
How i fucking wish cartoony platformers didn't die

>bossa nova

whats this mean

>kill it cause you're cheating

:3

game?

music genre, think "quintessential elevator music" genre

>using new abilities to go back through old levels and find hidden stuff

Jak and Daxter and Ty the Tasmanian Tiger 3 were good for this.

Attached: eruhg.jpg (274x184, 9K)

Bayonetta and some platinum games do this

The Witcher 3

Attached: noble ded.webm (960x540, 1.82M)

What game does that?

I like that too as long as it's only a few things and they're fairly apparent. It's always cool to see things like the unopened vents in jak and daxter and knowing you'll get to use it later.
A lot of people seem to hate any backtracking, though.

>Game has areas that are completely empty and serve no apparent purpose
I like it when Im exploring a game and I find empty or derelict places that dont seem to have a true purpose. It always unsettles me a little and it makes me wonder, does this place have a hidden room or a secret in it or something? I just think that kind of stuff is really cool, to be unsure of whether this empty room I just found is hiding something more and I just dont know about it. Gotta love that kind of stuff.

TVTropes has a page on this and I love it, its my favourite page in the site along with Nothing is Scarier. As long as you stay away from the lame Troper Tales and the forums I think tvtropes can be a cool place.

tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/EmptyRoomPsych

Attached: capnshit.gif (988x516, 1.99M)

I'm unironically writing a vn with the same premise. It'll be finished in the spring

>gif
That's the good shit.

Curious what you'd think about Shipwreck.

>it's a throwback to an earlier game on lesser hardware
>they reuse the old models/sprites and music for it

>Game has tons of easily-missable lore and story elements hidden in the background
I still remember when FNAF 1 came out and we had a lot of comfy threads discusing the story here on Yea Forums. One of the cameras would randomly show a different newspaper every night (pic related) and it reveals that some children were killed at the pizzeria and that the animatronics may have their corpses inside of them. All of this shit was kinda hidden and you had to pay attention to catch it.

Pretty cool way of storytelling I think, Those threads at 3 am where we all speculated together about what all of this meant were super comfy. Its such a shame that FNAF got overtaken by 12 year olds & furries and that Scott Cawthon went batshit crazy with every new FNAF game, because those were some good comfy times. I wish I could go back sometimes.

Attached: Missing_children_poster_clean.png (848x826, 500K)

yeah the first has a great standalone atmosphere and little story. I can't blame him for cashing in after struggling for years and years, but it just isn't the same. At least his modeling is still great.
I just hope he finally gets around to making the desolate abandon. Worst thing about fnaf is that it's all he's done for years.

Attached: MalenzInbattle.gif (600x600, 2.38M)

Dead Space. Your suit is your UI and all menus and maps are proyected to suit Isaac's pov.

Attached: dead_space_2menu.jpg (1024x576, 163K)

Not a protagonist, but DDLC

taz wanted

>when things seen lost the game shows every single npc throught the whole game coming toggeter to help the mc

>every single npc You helped
Fixed

>>music is a bossa nova version of the main theme
Learn what "trope" actually means, you retard.

>Spend a third of the game rounding up your scattered party members after the cliffhanger from last game
>The enemy launches a full scale assault on your home base and whisks you away

Suck my fucking dick Duke Cayenne

I hope that one rumor is true and Shem-ha revives them as monsters

The monk in FF1

>game is fun

Attached: 484E2F91-4F1E-44F3-959D-DC2DD2A5D08F.jpg (480x360, 19K)

>completely useless against final boss
>see nothing but destruction all around you
>townsfolk gather around you
>rally not just you, but the whole city/world
>END THIS

Gravity Rush2 ending was cheesy kino

> final boss can knock your weapon out of your hand
>doing so turns the BGM instrumental until you pick it back up

Attached: london.gif (400x400, 315K)

Yakuza Kiwami does it in a way. If you 100% Kiryu's Dragon Fighting Style, you get a special attack that prevents the final boss from recharging his health.

That’s a good thing though, Fable III actually tried that by making the pause menu a metaphysical wardrobe hangout pad thing and while kinda cool it just felt wrong not being able to “truly” pause the game.

Attached: 54B7990F-731F-42BA-A7D3-FC686F7F83FF.jpg (800x462, 73K)

Tasteful!

>reactive character portrait on the hud

Banjo and that one super overrated Euro only SNES game did it

pretty sure i remember there being a 'true' pause menu as well by hitting select

im doing something kinda like this for a antagonist of a game im working on. at a certain point he becomes unkillable and self aware and he begs the player alot to stop playing the game he can stop thinking . is that a dumb idea

starcraft

>Attacking a military base or attacking along side an army
It's always kino

Fable series does it pretty good
Fable 3 your pause menu is a safe hub you teleport to which has a save book, armory, treasury, etc.
at the end of the game when the big bad dark spawn show up they can leak/invade into the hub so there nowhere you're truely safe

Going off of that there is a trope I love
Where you get to the point of the game where you are so powered up that to your enemies you become the boss

Of the top of my head AC Brotherhood with the dagger of Brutus guards nope the fuck out when you rack up a couple kills in front of them and AC Jack the Ripper you can scare the shit out of enemies by brutalizing their comrades

Both Sans and Vivec fit the picture. Both know it's a pointless endeavour to kill you as you will just keep coming back until you eventually win.

That shit was so satisfying in Dragon's Dogma.
the secondary antagonist didn't exactly summon the ancient evil but was jerking him off so hard that the main antagonist BTFO him mid monologue just to say "yeah that guy is kinda full of shit"

“The ravings of an up jumped zealot make for tedious listenings.”

the load screens in dbz games

>character is hyped up to be the very powerful final boss
>its actually someone else who's even more powerful

Attached: a.jpg (1920x1080, 132K)

>game uses church bells in a fast-paced action theme instead of the usual slow, orchestral shit
gaem?

>boss has access to the same mechanics you do

Attached: 1567712627686.png (390x398, 226K)

okami

Crosscode

Attached: Sitting Blue Cinnamonbun.jpg (1200x558, 101K)

>game is a direct sequel
>has a mission or stage that takes place in a destroyed area of the previous game

Attached: images.jpg (739x415, 31K)

My favourite strategy in this game was the mage class with the badge that restored MP whenever you did fire damage. EVERY time you did fire damage. The fire spell however was a multi-hit ability. It restored more MP than it cost. Hilarious.

Xenoblade Chronicles. Not only does it do this, in flash backs of previous cutscenes, it remembers and uses the equipment and appearance you had during those scenes.

Pathologic 1/2 does it masterfully and on several different layers of meta storytelling. Not going to spoil more but you should really look into it, the studio is struggling financially and every copy sold goes a long way.

>Game ends on a complete Pyrrhic Victory

Attached: 1532643778268.jpg (613x587, 16K)

>Final battle is a clumsy fist fight between two exhausted, injured men

Attached: 1523590203771.png (650x550, 540K)

Are you kidding me?
Pretty much most modern DragonBall games do this, instead of have a normal fucking menu like
>Story
>VS
>Options
>Trophy's
>Credits
You get this dumbass hud world where you have to run around and find the game mode you want. To top it off usually the hud world is fucking huge,
Oh you wanted to play a quick game of 2 player vs with a friend? Better spend 5 mins running around in circles trying to find the "Offline Multiplayer" booth.
Why even call it that, why even call it that!? Just call it 2 player, the game only supports 2 player local! Its fucking misleading!
>Fuck you Bandai Namco

>The villain defeated, the party are welcomed back as heroes, but find themselves uncomfortable outsiders in this new peaceful world, and so they set sail for parts unknown, never to be heard from again

Attached: 1416805897167.jpg (601x386, 55K)

Based Katamari

RDR1

Attached: ddf7cb0552504e44829940a06f5bc3fd.jpg (692x960, 92K)

>protags love interest is the final boss

>Character development equals power up

Attached: 1415629773607.jpg (375x383, 27K)

The only game I can think of that has the game over screen as a gameplay segment isn't even an official game.

The romhack Super Mario Star Road has a purgatory level whenever you game over
youtu.be/mpkPts-yI0I

Attached: mario star road purgatory.png (1072x725, 749K)

>Character continues to fight while mortally wounded, coughing blood up all over the fucking place until finally they can't fight anymore
>Then they kill just one more enemy because

Attached: 1397014199127.jpg (500x500, 52K)

>Character development leads to a reset in power

>boss enrages when his counterpart dies
Never not hype

>Successful large scale mission results in minor quiet personal tragedy.

Attached: sadtrek.jpg (960x720, 53K)

>you can continue playing after beating the final boss, explore the whole world after it's been saved

>game ends when you arrive back at your house

youtu.be/9KnOhPD3XXk?t=223

Attached: ending17.png (256x223, 2K)

>You have to team up with the antagonist to take down an even bigger bad guy
>Antag isn't really that bad of a guy once you get to know him, he's really just a product of his upbringing and environment, and laments the actions he's had to take up to this point, but he isn't allowed to be as naive as the party
>Gameplay wise, his attacks focus more on lethal strikes or pragmatic attacks

Attached: 1398209464931.gif (500x331, 1017K)

>first stage of second game is final stage of first game

Attached: eating3d.gif (500x500, 108K)

Probably the best, most heartbreaking example

Attached: Popola No one stops.jpg (800x400, 50K)

>Got stuck in Onett as a kid because I didn't want to lie to the guy in the arcade who asked me if I beat Earthbound yet

It's a fucking miracle I beat that game at all when I was 7.

Attached: 1347964190243.jpg (946x599, 53K)

Literally the entire idea of Undertale, with flowey and everything.
The protagonist doesn't speak about how the world isn't real, but sans and flowey react to you killing everybody, they're aware that the player is trying to do whatever to find new content or see what happens.

>frederic francois chopin
i almost forgot eternal sonata existed

Witcher 3

Yuffie

Attached: portal-2-decay.jpg (2048x1152, 544K)

I think everyone has, unfortunately.

>Protagonist role switches in some way, through plot elements or because it's a sequel
>Meet the previous protagonist and you get to team up or maybe they're a boss

>game sets up a rival that is comparable to the PC/MC
>it actually lives up to the hype of the bossfight and doesn't require the AI to cheat to win
Why is this so damn hard for developers to do dammit?

>Game ends with the logo changing and one final song
youtube.com/watch?v=qgXEkT5_RkE

Attached: Mother3-8.gif (476x318, 36K)

Transistor did this really well.

Attached: wallhaven-148224.jpg (1920x1080, 269K)

YOU PAAAAAY THIIIIIS MUUUUUUUCH
NOPE THAT'S TOOOO LOOOOWWW

Attached: SCARABZ.jpg (390x246, 15K)

>Character limps or looks exhausted when their health is low

>character is hero in the first game, villain in the second
and
>game finishes
>"thanks for playing" written somewhere in the sky while the main couple is looking into the sunset
kino

Attached: cwc.jpg (640x640, 124K)

>early game boss becomes common mid game enemy

No one mentioned it but MGS2 is kiiiinda this idea

Star Ocean 3

Attached: 1222038463394.jpg (451x530, 30K)

>final boss theme is the remix of the main theme

+MP/-HP and +HP/-MP items
although i don't think it's a trope

In how many games is that even useful?

>Current Objective: Survive
>you know you won't
Didn't like Halo Reach all that much, but the last mission gave me the feels.

>main character realizes he is in a fictional world
>he spends the game trying to find a way to escape to real life
>somehow reaches the conclusion that he needs to destroy his world in order to escape
>you play essencially as the bad guy, as he goes on a mad quest to destroy the world
>at the end, when everything is dead, he ralizes that it was all pointless and there's no escape
>he accepts his fate and tells you to turn the game off

Attached: 123123123.png (236x200, 73K)

>protagonist of the previous installment appears in the sequel as a myth/tale/legend

Attached: 11.jpg (852x480, 21K)

>the player, not the protagonist, is acknowledged in-game as a character

i don't know how useful it is, but wow warlock has life tap

>drivable vehicles have horns even though there's absolutely no gameplay purpose for them

Attached: 718.jpg (1048x1200, 88K)

>weaker enemies flee from you as their more powerful friends get killed

>power boosts/transformations that can kill you if overused

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 135K)

>Owl's mikiri counter

BEEP BEEP BEEP

Attached: Live_Race-_Tatooine-_The_Boonta_Training_Course.JPG.jpg (640x480, 45K)

this makes me cringe in most games, only a couple did it right

>You can start a family with the villain and have a happy ending

>new game+
>true final ending can only be obtained by defeat super hard super secret true final boss.
>multiple endings
>debug mode or spooky removed content you can find in game's coding

Sauce?

>game has a vault where you can see a physical representation of all the money you've accumulated

Attached: 1511980648021.png (519x407, 67K)

Domingo

I forget what game she’s from I just know her names Hilda

Name me five (5) games.

pokemon mystery dungeon: explorers of sky, kinda

fuck nu-Yea Forums for not getting this reference.

obviously chrono trigger

> final area is supposed to be a fantasy forest but when you reach it its an hyperfuturistic complex with not a soul alive
> game end with you not knowing who was in the wrong tho I'll always side with my wolf nigga, fuck keiki
I dont know why were xenoblade 2 and touhou 17 so similar butbI love it

>antagonist acts smug through most of the game
>starts losing their shit when they’re losing in the end

Attached: A5D188B4-3F62-48F8-AAD3-F6BCE6A28EE6.gif (268x278, 1.39M)

>NPC radio chatter in a game
>something happens
>they all lose their shit and panic and start screaming for everyone to retreat and go home

is that gif canon?

youtube.com/watch?v=XUbBd4uOFHM

In alien isolation when you want to save you have to use a terminal on a wall, you put your card in and it takes some time to "read" it and save the game, while you're stuck there saving the alien can kill you if he's nearby and sees you, or if he was already chasing you and you tried saving

peco in breath of fire 3

I fucking hate bossa nova, please fucking die

Demons run away alot in smt strange journey. Dragon Quest too

Iconoclasts does this. It also incorporates another character's theme if certain requirements are met

>Encounter a boss
>[BOSS' NAME]
>[BOSS' TITLE]

Attached: 1457638742757.png (1024x1073, 274K)

I miss Metal Slug X

I like how your character in God Eater 3 even has a variety of facial expression even tho you mostly nodded

>flashback to earlier in the game
>you are shown wearing the outfit you actually were wearing at that point in the game

Attached: COD_Menu_Wicked.png (512x1024, 243K)

Symphogear XV (season 5) episode 9

In Halo, killing the squad leader of a team of grunts makes the rest of the grunts very cowardly and run away from you.

Attached: 15745764506.png (976x1056, 808K)

>I think it was Kyle with his plagues of Egypt or something

I thought plagues of Egypt was a skill the Jew Class (inb4 someone gets pissed, that is one of the character classes) had?

>boss is 2 friends
>killing one results in the other one to go apeshit with rage, becoming significantly harder

>I forget what game she’s from I just know her names Hilda

>>You can start a family with the villain and have a happy ending

Stella Glow

they will suffer full-life consequences

>harry potter
>tumblr
cringe

Enemies in FF1 start running away from you if your party is higher level than them

what game

>there's a recurring villain that constantly challenges you, is pretty tough, and always shows up at the worst times
>turns out he's actually a total bro and was just testing you along your journey to make sure you were strong enough to fight the big bad at the end

>multiplayer game lets you play minigame while waiting
>sequel gets rid of this feature but still has the minigame

Attached: hfeghjkhthh.png (325x454, 311K)

coolest character dies

Attached: Auron.png (430x570, 234K)

This.

Attached: 1421941624284.png (332x394, 143K)

>game still puts it fucking everywhere over the interior with the safe for no reason
>no way of cleaning it up

fist fighting in red dead lobbies

Vic in F2 can become broken by late game.

>You can stealth run the entire video game.
When you grow up playing stealth games (Hitman, Metal Gear, Splinter Cell) it always feels wrong when you can't sneak around the map, lean on a wall, or have the option to kill enemies silently without notifying the other guards.

Attached: Vince.jpg (600x542, 40K)

no man's sky

I can recall Manhunt having a feature like this
Sometimes in combat the enemy will realise they're losing the fight so they attempt to run away and beg for forgiveness

if you have a gun and they dont theyll run away or you can beat them into submission
rockstar doesnt make em like they used too

>game characters acknowledge that you are essentially nothing but a hoarding psychopath hunting for the Next Shiny Thing
ishtar-collective.net/entries/thin-line

Attached: only harm.gif (326x240, 842K)

>I would very interested in seeing a game where the protagonist realizes his world is not real and deals with the ramifications of that.

FFT:Advance

>realizes his world is not real

>FFT:Advance

it's less of a realization and the badguy outright telling him that it's a fake reality

Attached: FFTAIsAFalseReality.png (480x640, 53K)

Late response, but Zero Ranger
youtu.be/Bti-WdOg9jY

>every party member shows up to help with final boss
>you can buy the games music ad in game CDs and listen to them

Attached: D4424983-C5B5-4DF5-8027-781FA46894BF.jpg (728x976, 161K)

Marche deals with it tho, and it's always like a nod to the player, too

He's always trying to tell you to get your shit together, user

>it looks and plays worse

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 72K)

Attached: C1KMwc-VQAAeYBB.jpg (500x287, 15K)

Nefarious in a nutshell.
Bonus for the fact that the boss fights actually do you have you play as the boss in unique ways.
Like fighting a Sonic Parody in a vehicle similar to Eggman's from the first boss fight in Sonic.

>Not long after my own death. I saw a Mighty One come down and take forth from here a group of ancient shades. Our first parent, his son Abel, Noah, Abraham, and many others. The deep foul valley trembled on all sides, and I thought that the whole universe felt... Love.
tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/GodIsGood

Attached: 06BE0BFE-9992-4D55-8395-970A15D7DFEA.jpg (590x337, 165K)

Astral Chain, so far I know that the character's changed equipment is present but I haven't unlocked any Legion skins to see if that carries over into the cutscenes too.

>final/end game area is super close to the first level, but was previously inaccessible

Was that game actually good?

kill yourself retard

I like scenes that don't really forward the plot but the characters just sit and talk about their feelings, if that counts

doesn’t RE have this?

>triumphant reprise of the game/series theme plays in the ending

It's okay.

Ratchet and clank too

>Entire first world of second game is final stage of first game
youtube.com/watch?v=VUgqqhgVGNQ

>villain starts talking about higher power or something
>main character just tells them to shut the fuck up and to get down there
>main character proceeds to royally ream the villain's ass and decimate him
fucking hell

Attached: 1565980244591.png (462x596, 457K)

>get to final boss of game
>even BIGGER final boss oneshots first boss and you fight him instead

Attached: 1557284315443.png (1000x1000, 177K)

Literally every fucking RPG where the enemies are seen on the overworld you daft cunt this is practically standard for RPG's now

Food. Detailed and creative food.

>main character was a blood-thirsty psychopath, denying himself the gratitude to battle before all of this
>secondary villain talks him down, breaking him apart
>this makes it all worse as MC fucking accepts that he can do nothing but fight, and becomes the most dangerous being known to man
I fucking love Metal Gear Rising.

thanks doc

Quake 1 had the difficulty selection as a set of paths at the beginning of the game, with Hard having a pit of lava in front of it and Nightmare being hidden in a secret room.

name 1 game

Florina in the first GBA Fire Emblem.
If you max out her stats, give her the boot, the arrow shield thing, and killer lances the she can basically decimate every map without even trying.

Punch out wii had some god tier moments with that mechanic youtube.com/watch?v=9XCSB16vlgY

Attached: 1539056012595.gif (250x250, 222K)

Dead space

Resonance of Fate.

Danganronpa V3

>Starting weapon can be upgraded into best weapon in the game
>Game has secret areas that literally nobody would ever think of to the point where anyone finding them is a complete accident
>Being able to talk your way out of several conflicts

Attached: 1545049887785.png (873x564, 182K)

god F:NV is one of the best recent games in this aspect
youtube.com/watch?v=EBAHzsqBmCA

Diferent races/classes having varying degrees of nightblindness, nightvision, or in the case of AvP heat vision. Props to splintercell for it's work on implenting different visual modes that isn't just "detective vision"

Attached: 1565097074430.jpg (800x520, 59K)

>Every person you've helped appears to help you fight the final boss
Horizon Zero Dawn wasn't super groundbreaking but if there's one thing it did really well it was this

Attached: 1473359096182.png (475x359, 209K)

I does, specifically the main menu, I guess they were proud of themselves for making gravity follow the contours of the gameplay surfaces.

>Team up with the rival antagonist
>You get his entire team
>You're now the wonderful 2-double-oh

Attached: good luck I'm behind 99 wonderfuls.png (500x329, 96K)

>Kill every single NPC in the entire game world
>Finish game
>Ending makes you out to be some kind of demonic fable because an entire populace/country was murdered

Attached: 1355561431371.gif (459x459, 2.6M)

>this effect can stack

Attached: intense stare.gif (498x278, 1.13M)

Play The Desolate Hope, user. Its boss battles are JPRGs where all of your party members look like they could be the final boss.
youtube.com/watch?v=4WJdpOLm7Fg

Attached: intense intensity.png (263x323, 138K)

Marche deciding Ivalice isn't real was the entire reason he becomes a doomsday cultist in the first place though.

What the fuck is anthem

I wish games would do this more often.

Halo CE
Portal 2

>They start running
>Suddenly forget and start attacking again
Welcome to The Elder Scrolls

Attached: I'm going to jam this pencil in your eye socket.png (342x176, 20K)

>Credits song changes to sound like each area you've been through
>It ends with the title screen theme
youtube.com/watch?v=Mx9Z0izL7No

No, it sounds alright. For the ending, either the boss would just get tired of the fighting, gives you one last chance to kill him and disables his invincibility, or the main character finds a dev weapon

gravity Rush 2 was amazing for this

dead rising, prototype

Great in long form RPGs or other games where it's 98% gameplay, only an eighth of which is "canon", like Xenoblade games or Fallout, but would screw with games that have super tight pacing like MGS3 or RE4

game(s)?

>boss whose attacks are stronger versions of your own moves and/or boss uses their own version of protagonist's main gimmick.

>talks way out of conflict
>game just makes you lose all the loot, exp, and gameplay that that encounter offered
Bonus points for
>you can simply reaggro the enemies for the loot and experience and the story thinks you talked your way out of it anyways
>talking your way out and locking away that constant is required for a good ending
I always play high charisma builds in Fallout or similar RPGs, but I feel only games like RE or Far Cry 2 would benefit from this mechanic due to the fact that in video games, putting yourself in danger is usually highly profitable. I suppose SMT and undertale do it okay by making talking basically analogous to combat, or in SMTs case, often more profitable, but it still doesn't feel like you cut losses by conversation, just that you did combat in a different menu.

>Enemies start recognising you by name

Attached: B U L L E T T I M E.png (1556x2160, 2.7M)

IM STIIIIIIIIILL IN A DREAAAAM

Attached: idgivemylife.jpg (800x427, 90K)

>Besides... this isn't my sword

Attached: Aw yeah.gif (361x200, 2.21M)

The final moments of Earthbound get me a little choked up to this day because of that. Same with FFIV

Name any game other than MGR that does this

>climactic boss fight
>you (both as the player and the character) don’t want to kill this boss
>boss doesn’t want to kill you
>due to circumstances outside everyone’s control, this fight HAS to happen
>someone has to die

Attached: 6798D7AE-4FAE-445E-AAA2-80ABC1FF9EB7.jpg (261x192, 12K)

I had to check this because i don't recall a lot of that in my playthrough, but it turns out i didn't do all the sidequests and I killed Nil. Also apparently if you finish The Frozen Wilds before doing the final mission then Aratuk and some other people from The Cut will also appear at the end, which is a really neat touch.

Sam did it too.

>night
>music is a jazz version of the main theme

Attached: gachi.png (600x686, 127K)

THE ROAD THAT WE WALK
IS LOST IN THE FLOOD

>Final battle ends with a scripted section that's foreshadowed by a single semi-throwaway line earlier

And/or:

>Final scripted sequence slows down time and silences the music for a few seconds

Attached: Twinkle.jpg (1024x576, 63K)

Reminds me of Tarantula Commons District from Age of Conan. It's right across the river from the hub world where anyone from level 20-80 will be. Always gave me a comfy not-far-from-home feel.

Pure kino

youtube.com/watch?v=gfQBJub1rew

based user, this was exactly i was thinking of
take me back....;____;

>Convince Enemy general to join your side
>All of his units become allies
fuk

Attached: 1560141091064.png (444x500, 239K)

Doki Doki Literature Club. Pretty sure there's another vn where one of the waifus knows if you've loaded once a bad end has happened

pokemon red/blue/yellow

Battle for Wesnoth does this a few times in some campaigns.

I don't know if it's the same one, and I don't remember the name, but there's a VN where you have to do the route of one girl first I think, and then you do the route of another girl, but the first girl shows up with a bat and fucking kills the other girl before staring directly at the screen and accusing YOU (while telling the MC to shut up because she's not talking to him) of betraying her by loading a save file and going a different route.
Pretty spooky. I think she modifies the game too after that but I don't remember for sure.

I'm late, but no, you can have I think 4 or 5 books on a single memory card unfortunately.

All things aside, going into DDLC knowing absolutely nothing about it at all, I had, what I assume, is the textbook blind playthrough of it. It caught me off guard in so many ways. It's definitely a VN I would only ever play once but I'll be damned if I didn't have a great experience with it.
There are many, MANY better visual novels, namely due to replay value alone, but as a blind first play, DDLC is fucking great.

>you can talk your way out of a boss fight.

f-fren

hey that sounds kind of like irisu syndrome only that wasnt a vn
if im wrong im very interested in knowing the name of this game

oh wait it cant be there arent really routes in irisu syndrome. maybe euphoria? i know you cant get the real TRUE end unless you do everyone else's first but i dont recall there being any save manipulation
now im really curious as to what this is. anything else you can say about the game? character names or anything? maybe other noteworthy events that happen during a route?

>fight against two bosses at once
>killing one first will make the other enraged
>or makes them surrender the fight early

>the antagonists summon an ancient evil
>ancient evil awakens
>ancient evil fights you once for fun then fucks off back to where he came from, ruining antagonist's whole plan

Found it. Kimi to Kanojo to Kanojo no Koi.
youtube.com/watch?v=oXcwYgoGR0E

>villain pilots a big MECH!

Attached: notzNEw.png (960x720, 601K)

This is exclusive to Platinum games, but...

STANDING HERE I REALIZE YOU WERE JUST LIKE ME

I.E. final bosses that reflect and properly refute the main character's motivation

Attached: 1562093743851.png (409x325, 164K)

>inb4 someone gets pissed, that is one of the character classes
This board is fucking awful because of people like you

>Start out as a nobody
>By endgame enemies have their own nicknames for you and start shitting their pants when you show up
Also,
>Game has in-combat and out-of-combat versions of every track and dynamically switches between them
>The final area's combat version is a somber solo piece rather than being bombastic and high-energy like normal

It's this idea taken to an absolute extreme and mixed with the Matrix.

Also surrealism

thanks

>use coins in order to one-hit KO bosses
Cha-ching.

>Game has in-combat and out-of-combat versions of every track and dynamically switches between them
I remember playing a game that did this and it was amazing but your other points dont ring a bell

>>the antagonists is trying to stop the summoning an ancient evil
>>they think your working for it
>you think their working for it
>>ancient evil awakens
>>it was playing both of you like a damn fiddle

Attached: 1561618907479-1.jpg (680x432, 40K)

>>Start out as a nobody
>>By endgame enemies have their own nicknames for you and start shitting their pants when you show up
LOTR?

Enemy infighting

THIS

>hud design changes depending on what character you are.

Off the top of my head I can only think of Metroid Prime Hunters and Giants: Citizen Kabuto.

It was predictable and lame as fuck, you have awful taste.

There was an America's Army game that, if you shot another soldier in the training range, would send you to a jail cell and you had to quit the game or something.

>only game I can think of that does it is Earthbound
Maybe try playing literally any game from the series earthbound is based on?

Attached: king.png (252x300, 126K)

Undertale? Already played it bro.

What game?

Spyro
youtube.com/watch?v=jE3sf1fRq3w

Way of the Samurai 3

>Kill final boss
>Enemy base starts exploding

Attached: 1488296097800.gif (416x416, 14K)

>game actually lets you say no to a question that cannot advance the plot without a yes and gives you an instant game over

Attached: 2771939F-4C17-4E98-8315-17425E621A0E.gif (190x190, 1.98M)

>able to see dungeon boss through cracks in the wall/in the distance/etc. as you explore the dungeon

Attached: 1566141210451.png (800x423, 317K)

hat in time

>enemy from last game becomes ally

Attached: Vortigaunt.jpg (780x645, 415K)

Paper Mario TTYD

>boss's name/title changes in the next phase

Attached: 1551806985978.png (400x750, 187K)

>The final boss doesn't have a title because no title could do him justice

literally all game by arc system has this

Wait what

>boss fight against a group of the same type of enemy
>they all combine into a single giant form

Attached: goddamn.jpg (430x342, 92K)

Sleeping dogs, Assassin's Creed 2, Red Dead Redemption 2, No Way Out,

>AC2
>Old men
Only the Pope was an old man who didn't know shit about fighting, are you sure you aren't talking about Revelations?

Where did the post say old?

Metal gear solid 4

and 1

Assassin's Creed 2 to Brotherhood in Rome

>edgy / depressed MC falls in love with someone uplifting/kind/mature and not annoyingly happy go lucky

yes I mean cloud x Aerith and 2B x 9S

>main theme plays in final boss

>melancholic MCs in general, especially those with a depressing past/goal of some sort

I can only recommend them if yer a South Park fan who's watched a good portion of the episodes

Ezio's not really injured or exhausted at that point either, since he basically stomps him at that point. Could have sworn I read old in the OG post.

>driving a warthog into a squadron of covenant with the horn blaring

Attached: 1567658354511.png (297x257, 38K)

Holy shit I remember a game like that aswell. The fuck was it called?

Digimon World: Next Order.

Dark Cloud

Dragon Age has a group of enemies jump off a cliff if you tell them who you are.

>final boss
games theme plays
>final boss' real form
games theme plays but now with lyrics

What I like about that game is that the photographs you need for some weapons are missable.

Why Splatoon

That was Chronicle, Dark Cloud doesn't even have a camera
They really fucked up the post game in Chronicle as well by removing the future shops

>Joke character matures and becomes the best character

Attached: 1384388030190.png (715x422, 29K)

>Game has allusions to previous works and or subtle easter eggs for upcoming works or games from other companies

Attached: 1491864606888.gif (196x231, 119K)

>spare enemy
>they actually not attack you ever again and possibly join you or give you something before running away

>mfw playing as Dark Pit in Kid Icarus Uprising.

Attached: deer.jpg (493x750, 136K)

Is that really all that common?

>Game where you play as a normal human fighting against a god, demon, ect
>they start going batshit crazy when you kick their ass and are in full denial when they finally get killed saying its possible that some human could kill them

Attached: 2420136-smt1hero.jpg (320x320, 15K)

very

>Villain that actually cares about his minions

Attached: 250px-Thugs_4-Less_Leader.png (250x237, 56K)

Killzone Shadowfall had a really small nod to the then-unannounced Horizon Zero Dawn. Halo ODST had a teaser for Destiny.

>The sequel that never was

Attached: fear 2 shogo 2 easter egg.jpg (1200x630, 92K)

>enemies are playing rock, paper, scissors
>the loser gets so salty he shoots the winner at point blank range killing him instantly
I did not expect to see something like this between dinosaurs in Turok 2

>slow, armored boss seems to be defeated
>sheds his armor
>immediately dashes towards you at maximum velocity

Attached: monkaS.png (1200x675, 211K)

Games?

darknuts in twilight princess

>enemy/ememies are standing on edge of cliff or building
>can sprint at them and knock them off the side, watching them plummet to their doom
literally no better feeling in video games

Attached: sha-gi-yo.png (420x368, 215K)

Dark Cloud and Dark Chronicle are the same game, just renamed because PAL faggotry. The one with the camera was Dark Cloud/Chronicle 2.

>Bayonetta load screen lets you practice combos

Darknuts from some of the Legend of Zelda games sorta do this. The first one in Twilight Princess was a miniboss and definitely fits this profile.

Attached: 4F06198A-2B6B-443F-A784-38ACC8B2F3CD.png (751x903, 493K)

There's one flashback in file 8 that uses the default appearance and it's the only one in the game that does so and it infuriates me.
If you change the legion colors and replay file 1 and 2 they legions will still be that color when they're being used by the other cops.

The Elderscrolls Games, most notably Morrowind drops hints of this. The problem is when you become aware that you're in a game you either 1) achieve CHIM 2) get erased from existence

Metroid: Zero Mission
Kirby Super Star
Kirby's Return to Dream Land
Hollow Knight
Earthbound
Undertale

They're not aware about being in a game, they're aware that they are nothing but a dream to a sleeping god.

You should check out Dark Messiah of Might & Magic if you haven't

youtube.com/watch?v=KnxgQMSsc8c

looks fun, will check it out thx user

Oda denying bald man and fucking off to ice waifu was fucking based, man

mario thanking me makes me so happy

>you've pirated the game
i-i'm sorry

>Party member would be the villain in any other game

Attached: Jade_Cut-in_(ToZ).png (1920x1080, 917K)

Do a melee build, I tried magic because I usually like being a mage but it sucks in this game and you'll have a lot more trouble getting through levels.

Th-thanks

Attached: dlc for player.jpg (620x386, 31K)

he has high energy weapon skills. so if you level him up and give him a pulse rifle, he can do serious damage

Probably Shadow of Mordor/War.

I will never forget trying to speedrun the first 10 or so minutes of FFCC: RoF in hopes of avoiding the "Thanks for trying out"-message that soft locks you

>final boss music is a slow and unnerving orchestra and choir

Attached: 1563499563206.png (400x327, 39K)

Did they change it from being able to make anyone a sage?

Name one (1) game

Earthworm Jim, DKC (Returns),Mario 64,Ristar,Ocarina of Time,etc...

Good taste! It makes the character feel more alive.

Attached: 1547423932548.jpg (352x352, 27K)

RDR and RDRII do it, tard.

Oh,I just realised it's OFF

Sekiro. Sword Saint was great.

UNDERUSED. Going back to games where they still look fresh at 1/10 of their life feels wrong.

>Collectable number is not even.

Attached: 1385105411858.gif (150x152, 2.23M)

Fallout 2 is probably the most famous example.

If the heavy metal artist and Junji Ito met it would be fucking insane.

>game lets to travel to the setting of the previous game
>all the musics from said previous game plays in the area too

This is fucking bothering me. was it rob zombie? no. was this the ren and stimpy guys style? oh god. I remember a booger with crazy eyes.

stellaris has this
with their newest dlc you can dig alien ruins for artifacts and one of the major one you get is a device ancient aliens made after they realized they're inside a simulated reality and you have the option to tell the people, which makes them depressed or (((shut it down))) but lose the artifact which is op af +30% attack to all ships

If I remember he's playing killer instinct there.

>first level is ridiculously hard, you are supposed to lose to advance
>you can actually win if you autism through it
>credits start rolling
Love that shit

youtube.com/watch?v=IdzYsNLoeGY

Attached: 1.jpg (1877x2107, 337K)

BOF2.

dont open

Attached: 1561171024956.gif (540x540, 558K)

Ludwig
what game(s)

I'm making a game and I'll be thanking my players as they were my soulmates.

Attached: sb1kx4u3sq3nn1duhjx9.jpg (1200x801, 199K)

>he hasn't played wario land

sorry, was the thread supposed to poggers your post into oblivion?

burgerlands 2

>MGS4

name literally one (1) game

>Get to replay the ridiculously hard stage on ng+ with all your abilities and your mastery of the combat system
>destroy the boss
>he still fucks you up by cheating and makes you hate him all over

Attached: 1567111752047.jpg (537x499, 132K)

sekiro

haven't tried it but i heard chrono trigger has something like this where you fight the final boss pretty early and if you win it's GG

in nioh?

earthbound immediately comes to mind

Unlosing Ranger can have you win the "final" boss fight after the first loss. Most of those endings are gags though.

Attached: Then he died, again, like a bitch.png (927x1039, 346K)

apparently dmc5

Attached: Mmm Plate.gif (245x166, 2M)

>end credits show a list of all the enemies in the game
>bonus points for getting a bit disgruntled when you see an enemy you hadn’t encountered prior
I miss when they did that in Super Mario World. It was a good detail

Attached: 842DB4C6-B13F-433B-9D29-2BABF7F2FA2F.gif (280x189, 835K)

Ummmmm you can fuvk right off my dude that is literally false stupid biotch

>reload gun
>tosses away mag
>remaining bullets inside that mad are gone
Yes thank you, that's how reloading is supposed fucking be to begin with

Attached: 1567651381336.jpg (474x474, 26K)

mc and villain join forces against greater evil

>Game lets you possess enemies so you can play as theme
>Super Mario Odyssey
>Kirby squeak squad

The end is nigh

fucking kino

Attached: 71AB0E81-86EE-499C-8BF2-3598587DB00A.gif (320x240, 1.99M)

I 'membah

Attached: giphy (7).gif (499x499, 103K)

>play yakuza kiwami
>fight komaki
>he tiger drops you

>defeat antagonist, they're about to fall to their death or otherwise get killed
>protag still shows mercy and reaches out to them
>antagonist chuckles and brushes his hand away as he falls to his death

Attached: Michael_Wilson.jpg (1024x894, 79K)

>Not an action game at all
>Most of the game soundtrack is instrumental
>A lyrical song kick in, in the most action full part of the game

CHILDREN OF THE ELDER GOOOOOODS

Attached: header.jpg (460x215, 33K)

I'm so sick of Yanks thinking their non canon 4kids names are what everyone else calls them. It's Dark Cloud and Dark Chronicle. It's Sega Mega Drive

Attached: 98765434567890.png (472x408, 324K)

>Game has some sort of Television station
>Footage is either FMV, Animated, or pre-rendered or in-game quality

Attached: Kakashi.jpg (392x270, 16K)

Take Control

Poets of the fall did very good music for this.

>Game has some sort of television station
>The reporter will talk to you directly through the report if you pick a certain class
>Or does he?

Attached: Jeanette_design.jpg (514x766, 34K)

>credits is a minigame

>early segment in the game show the character fighting the final boss fight
>the character has the default outfit
>you get more and more outfits until the last dungeon, where you can get the base outfit but buffed
>you literally fulfill the prophecy
ff13-3 is the first example that come in mind, it's so simple yet I love it

devs thanking you for playing their games warms my soul

>Boss sings their own theme song when fighting them

NOOO I SHOULD'VE LISTENED!

I need 15 (fifteen) examples

The GBA Metroid games do this.
Metroid fusion.
>Sector 6
>Ice parasites notice how weak to ice you are and start hounding you down
>you get the varia suit
>one unfortunate ice parasite thinking you're still weak to ice goes straight at you only to get absorbed
>''SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT''
>now the ice X parasites start running away from you as now you're the one hunting them.

Metroid zero mission

>lose your powersuit
>you basically have to hide or run away from space pirates the whole time
>get the gravity suit
>victorious music kicks in and you start mowing down on these pussies that gave you shit
>now THEY'RE hiding from you
>pic related

I love how both these games handle catharsis it's SO GOOD.

Attached: YarrharrImgonnadie.png (243x411, 114K)

Attached: 5B4662EE-B910-423C-A8FF-A715F635080B.png (845x845, 456K)

what game?

except gen 2 and 3

Poets of the fall do a fantastic music for everything. Seriously, every single song is amazing

Wolfenstein: The Old Blood. Bitch deserved it. The henchman not so much.

This has me thinking. Has there ever been a game where an enemy can use powerups? Like quad damage to name what i mean by powerup

This one is fucking great. It's also good when it happens to a smug hero too.

>Literally every fucking RPG where the enemies are seen on the overworld
>He hasn't played Paper Mario
>He hasn't played Mario&Luigi

Attached: 1539641182797.jpg (824x960, 45K)

it's very disappointing when theres nothing there

>final boss legitimately doesn't want to kill you but has to anyway

Attached: 1566707112016m.jpg (1024x576, 44K)