Smash Brothers actually rose to the lofty heights you imagined when you were a kid

>Smash Brothers actually rose to the lofty heights you imagined when you were a kid
What went so right?

Attached: Big Dick Crossover.jpg (2282x6338, 3.75M)

Smash Bros died after brawl, only newfags will disagree

Basically became an advertising platform to be whored out to anyone who has the money or clout to spend. Precisely on course.

Maybe they'll fix it with PSABR 2, keep your chin up :^)

It still hasn't ticked Paper Mario off the list yet.

This, they add literal who characters in to fool people & to force them to ignore the lack of content. It's literally just Smash 4 with more unnecessary characters

It became that in addition to being a good and fun game so its fine

So it's par for the course then?

Attached: melee fe.jpg (1280x720, 90K)

We're not quite there yet, but we're a hell of a lot closer than I ever expected to be.

Attached: Shiggy main 5ever.gif (800x562, 374K)

It's been an advertising platform since Melee. Maybe even 64 if you count Captain Falcon being a Samus semi-clone to plug for F-Zero 64 and Ness for that one aborted Mother project.

>Only goes up to 6 player
We got them beat there at least

I think the only people who even play this game any more are roster fags. Not even all rosterfags play it, but that's the only kind of person I think could put up with the tranny propaganda in the custom levels, the 13ms of input lag over a wired controller, the incredibly amount of jank and bugginess. It's such a dud, smash 4.5 was a mistake.

Brawl would have been perfect if they added Crono to promote the DS Remaster

Remember that smash 64 had jigglypuff, such an amazingly important videogame character right?
No it was only included because of the pokemon anime.
It was never an elite club where only the undisputed best characters could enter
As another user said it doesnt matter that much as long as the gameplay is good.

>As another user said it doesnt matter that much as long as the gameplay is good.
I wish it was

It has never once been bad, and you are lying and shitposting if you claim otherwise.

>gonna be closing in on 80 characters when the newer DLC characters come out
that's a lot

>Captain Falcon being a Samus semi-clone
haha what the actual fuck

When was the exact point that Smash started accumulating third party franchises like an extralegal black hole? My guess is that it was when Cloud got in.

Smash 4's DLC actually matched the 3rd party count from the main game (Sonic, Pac-Man, Megaman) and included more new ones than the base game.

even as a kid I never cared all that much about characters and cared more about playing the game. The series has been terribly disappointing in that regard especially the stages and bonus stuff