Is it just me or is this cringe? feels like adding a pony or rick and morty to smash

is it just me or is this cringe? feels like adding a pony or rick and morty to smash.
maybe i'm getting too old for this shit

Attached: sans.jpg (1280x720, 92K)

Other urls found in this thread:

jcw87.github.io/c2-sans-fight/
youtu.be/s-T_zRPgWBk
youtube.com/watch?v=-FgSrwKlFm0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

its just you
sans has nothing to do with those franchises.

the sans fight was genuine kino nigger

Have you even played Undertale OP

how exactly does a video game character being added to a video game relate in any way to cartoon show characters?

Attached: EDuX8plU0AAi9NU.jpg (680x475, 55K)

>duhhh why isnt it some character from a dead 90s franchise????

Attached: 1567096985522.jpg (500x489, 76K)

I don't really care for it, but it does still bother a lot of people a near literally who has become such a name in the industry he's rubbing elbows with very important people, having his words and opinions given earnest consideration instead of shitposted at, and even has one of his own creations get to be in an acclaimed game in some fashion - something iirc wasn't afforded to any other indie titles like it
I don't -like- it(mostly just think including Megalovania is a bit much) myself, but damn if he probably wasn't pacing around in excitement thinking about this shit, so I can admit I'm somewhat jealous - but nothing to be done about that

>sakurai not using two controllers at once
6/10
nigga terry is an actual character

>Fights a yellow flower against a black background
>Dodges two kids trying to hit him with a stick and then a sword

It's pretty fucking based.

because undertale fans are the same people who like MLP, rick and morty, homestuck, adventure time, etc.
it's like the next level of autism after weebs

I think a pony would be a fantastic addition to smash

I'm not a huge undertale fan but I think this costume looks like some YouTube poop lazy blender shit.

>something iirc wasn't afforded to any other indie titles like it
Shovel Knight is an assist and if you consider her indie shantae (and risky) is a spirit.

I just played against a sans it's so fucking jarring. Something about him just makes him stick out like a sorry thumb, regardless though I actually like it sans in smash is fucking hilarious.

Attached: 1567638486794.jpg (326x306, 8K)

>maybe i'm getting too old for this shit
If anything, you've just fallen for the "get off my lawn" kind of thinking. Old thing good, new thing bad, etc. I'm in my 30s and I loved Undertale, but you really have to separate the game from its fandom, because they paint two different pictures.

Attached: bh4taoq7390y.png (1000x603, 230K)

To be honest if you like anime and videogames you're probably in the same level of autism already, what's the point of pretending there's a line to be crossed.

This pic is cute as fuck.

ponies arent video games. rick and morty arent video games

You know what, me too, sadly ponies are cartoons and not videogames but can you imagine the crazy shit a character like pinkie pie would do?

it is cringe imo but it could have been so much fucking worse OP. he could have been a literal fighter/waste of a slot.
if Sans HAD to be in this game, we got off easy.

Your post reeks of underage OP.

Bu- but, they're a different brand of autism than what I'm into! that makes them comparatively worse

it's okay if you're a kid

Attached: 1562359913433.png (564x146, 13K)

Pinkie Pie jars is what

I don't understand why everyone's so mad over this. It's a mii costume slot for peat's sake. Everyone knows that mii costumes are flippin ugly if they show the dopey mii face. It's sub dlc meaning it doesn't take any slots from the real dlc worthy characters. Its perfect because you don't actually need to buy it.

>game gets really popular
>people love it
>large group of people start hating it
>it becomes relevant again
>weird buffer of people who hate it for no reason other than they heard it from someone else leftover

>waste of a slot
>more dlc confirmed after this fighters pass

Attached: cd6.jpg (305x309, 54K)

>everyone who likes a thing also likes another thing
>you can't like a thing they like
You sound like the kinda turbosperg that makes anime analysis videos on youtube.

Remember to sage with every post.

extra slots still mean he could have been a wasted one regardless. one less slot because of him no matter how many we get would still be wasted.

I would unironically rather have Steve, and I fucking hate Steve. At least Minecraft is arguably deserving of a spot, seeing how much of an impact it made on the industry in the past decade.
I can't think of a bigger meme pick than undertale.

Alright, I’m popping out until this Undertale crap dies out.

Agreed. It is unwarranted and frankly very sickening, regardless of envy. Even moreso with the game itself, its message, and the executions of its message.

I really hope karma comes and bites the both of them in the ass one for this. Everything around this game is unnatural and there's got to be something seedy hiding beneath all this that needs to come to light.

SOUL

So are the pedo files on Yea Forums and the incels on Yea Forums do you also asociate youself with them or is that something you reserve only for the stuff you're not part of?

I've never played it but I hate how a few years ago, it became very popular amongst reddi/tumblr/furfags

I always wanted to play it though, but I still don't know where to pirate vita games.

Based, one of the best final bosses ever
Where do I get my zoomer card

It's the fact that it's acknowledged and endorsed. Even if it's optional, it still exists, and I just can't support anyone who would endorse this content, simple as that. I bet you we'd still be having quite the shitstorm if it was only a spirit or just the music track.

Nigger, use a laptop, it runs on a fucking potato

We all know toby is fucking destroying sakurai

Yeah, but i don't want to pay for games

Based furry

>is it just me or is this cringe?

Just you. I barely ever play indie titles, have never played this one, but even I can respect the significance of this gesture and can celebrate the developer's achievement.

Can I hear your autism tier list, user?

No you're right. it's cringe.
undertale and toby fox are cringe and the fans are even worse.

The beauty of PC gaming is that everything can be free

Sans being added isn't cringe, but the absolutely disgraceful chimping out by men who are in their 20s or 30s over it is really, really cringy.

Attached: consider the following.jpg (600x600, 32K)

Jesus christ, are you serious? They're both friends and just wanted to put something fun in the game that they would enjoy, you're treating it like this is some fucking human rights violation and they're both going to burn in hell for this. Are you actually mental?

so, ???>weebs>undertale/MLP/R&M/Homestuck/adventure time>????
please enlighten the board you sperg

Nah, it's cringe, everything about it, on all sides, is cringe.

Shovel Knight should've been a real character.

cringed. big oof

At least it's not another metrosexual sword guy from a franchise no one gives a fuck about.

you say that, but remember that people who play Nintendo games includes a significant part of the audience that is below the age of 13, so it's kind of too late to be hating on a character just because of their fanbase

>wanted this to happen for the nuclear bomb of asshurt
>people only seem mildly perturbed at worst
maybe it's because he's just a costume

Attached: 6dc.jpg (400x384, 13K)

That's what I want to know

Kids are not the target audience for Undertale.

It doesn't bug me, but I know it'll give unfunny fucking 'Sans Undertale' shitposting a shot in the arm.

Attached: 1544785620025.png (300x600, 38K)

You know what else is popular with reddit, tumblr and furfag niggers?
Yea Forums. That doesn't stop you from posting here. Anything popular is going to resonate with the lowest common denominator. You need to accept this.

>I've never played it but I hate how a few years ago, it became very popular amongst reddi/tumblr/furfags
This is the single biggest pitfall of 95% of people on Yea Forums: They hate a thing because of the people who like it. Otherwise smart people get turned into complete dumbshits when they get caught in this mentality.

For the longest time Yea Forums wouldn't talk about the big 3 because casuals/weebs liked it. Once normies started watching TTGL in the late 2000s they decided they hated that too. They hated Bebop because it was on Toonami and was liked by people on Yea Forums.

/vp/ hates Gen I because of Genwunners. /pol/ hates trannies because of how they look and act, /pol/ hates weed, tattoos and dyed hair because they're associated with SJWs or lefties or whatever. Those are just a few examples.

Every board you can think of has multiple things it hates simply because it doesn't like the type of person who likes them. The moment you stop caring about the fanbase of a thing and actually start thinking for yourself is the moment the world opens up to you and you see how much you've been missing out on.

Sorry OP, this was just a tirade and wasn't exclusively aimed at you. It's just a shame to see such a primitive, destructive thought process occupy the minds of people who are clearly above it.

kids are as cringy as the undertale audience

Kids have the excuse of being 8 rather than fucking 30.

He doesn't think the game is good or has very good messages, it's not the end of the world. Though wishing for karma on both of them instead of just the guy who made Undertale is a bit much for me.

inb4 >reddit spacing
I wish people would understand this, but spergs gonna sperg.

Attached: 380.png (939x603, 328K)

True

Attached: 1567026107084.gif (317x394, 1.8M)

>cringe
>cringe
>cringe
>cringy
>cringe
Please for the love of god get a new buzzword.

of course, doesn't make them any less cringy

what's wrong with rick and morty

it's not fun

2/3rds of it are shit and even by the end of season 1 the 'LOL I'M NIHILISTIC' shit was wearing thin. Personally I'm convinced they keep putting in the parents to deliberately piss off viewers since EVERYONE hates their episodes and they've actually referenced that fact in the show itself.

I loved that little detail. All of the Mii Fighters had really good intros.

What the absolute fuck.

Attached: 7E25161A-5954-4B0E-A274-D88377633BB4.jpg (1280x720, 258K)

Jesus Christ don’t you have home work?

Based

What? I thought that character wore shoes. Why is he wearing slippers?

It's because he's barely supposed to move when fighting.

His whole characterization is laziness in the face of an inevitable timeloop he cant escape - or to put it more simply the fact that he's a video game character

Hell, when you fight him, he still phoning it in for most of the fight

It is cringe.

>he's still apart of the "cringe" culture

Attached: 1545350037233.png (1436x1082, 269K)

jcw87.github.io/c2-sans-fight/
all yours my friend, it's missing some of the dialogue but it has the most important thing

Not that user but... You know that venn-diagram thing? People who like all the shit fall in the same bubble as Undertale fans.

Like it's rarer to see an overlap of Undertale and and Popeye/Fist of the North Star/Dragon Quest fans.

Such a long winded post for a failure in reading comprehension.

>not wanting to see Popeye fight Sans over the last can of spinach

I think it's because Sans' official art in-game is insanely low fidelity, so trying to translate that to a high-quality model in Smash just makes him look really fucking weird.
Like most other characters have a lot of detail in their clothing or fur or whatever they have and Sans is just, smooth as a pebble, has mitten hands, has what appear to be smooth human legs, a nearly non-textured head, it seems to just be the low-fi nature of the model that has me fucked up

>I saw this image on the internet that made me feel bad for liking something
cringe

>seeing Popeye beat the shit out of a meme toon

Now you got my attention. POPEYE FOR SMASH

>the fanbase is annoying therefore my tastes are better

Honestly, if you separate the autistic fanbase from the game, Undertale is pretty good. It's kind of like Sonic where you can find ubercringe if you look at the fanbase but you shouldn't look into any fanbase for anything.

Kermit being BTFO every single day

Attached: 1567729737826.jpg (1700x2048, 148K)

I think we just figured out who the Mii Brawler full costume is gonna be.

Why do people care about what random people over the internet you will never meet in real life think? Life is short do you, enjoy what you want regardless of if it's "cringe".

Attached: 1567721949826.png (889x784, 92K)

This.
Sans himself is inoffensive at worst.
People putting him on a pedestal because he was hard are fucking autists.

Sonic isnt pretentious thoa do has real gameplay.

I can't name many things that don't end up having a mentally fucked following when it becomes popular.

Popular means more people means more chances for totally fucked.

Based

>I've never played it
Disregarded

He is reddit personified and anyone that likes him needs to go back.

Face it boomers. The 80s-90s is over. The 2000s? Practically non-existent. These "renaissance" as you claim they are will NEVER come back. You guys are all "GET OFF MY LAWN" or "Well back in my day.." type of old people. You're pretty lucky to have your childhood still remembered. But the things is, New generations want new things wether you like it or not. In fact the adults of the 90s probably saw the dumb shit you were watching on Nickelodeon and CN cringe worthy as well.
You're all a bunch of old people and probably pushing 40 at this point. Sorry to have brought this unfortunante fact up.

Attached: 1567646024116.gif (138x132, 37K)

getting too old for the toddler franchises fighting game series? ya, probably

people above 12 getting hyped by a childrens party game is pretty cringy

C. S. Lewis would be very disappointed in you.

Attached: lewis-thinking.jpg (500x564, 38K)

Attached: Calm+down+son+its+just+a+drawing+_f1813e710c80c9dcd0e233eedb310b5d.jpg (1198x860, 144K)

fox is a hack who ripped off earthbound

I get what OP means. Sans just doesn't belong. Isn't it some faggy little kid's drawing who merely won the lottery with his shitty mini game?

zoom zoom zoom

>trying this hard to pretend he doesn't know about the game so he can be contrarian
This is the Yea Forums version of nerds pretending they don't know what a football is.

But wasn't Earthbound nearly as big of a rip off of Dragon Quest?

It was a parody of Dragon Quest and RPGS in general. I'd even say it's a "deconstruction" but that term gets a rightfully negative connotation these days.

Undertale tries to do the same thing but just ends up being a shitty dating sim with tumblr-tier character writing

Is just a fucking costume, you should be making fun of the undertalefags praising a costume like it was the second coming of christ or something.

I see, I never finished Earthbound even though I always meant to. Undertale always looked like cancer and I never touched it

sans is pretty gay but at least its just an outfit and not a wasted slot like isabelle

meant for

I mean I get why people hate the fandom, but the game is actually good. And it's very much reminiscent of Earthbound. This is coming from someone born in 94 and a huge retro junky who believes in "soul". Maybe it's time you stop acting like a bitter old man eh?

Attached: 1566879235806.jpg (377x400, 84K)

How does someone has dumb as you end up on Yea Forums?

Attached: 1563129068213.png (430x533, 629K)

yes you're getting too old for video games time to move on millennial manchild

Attached: 1566568727097.jpg (2048x2048, 521K)

>born in 94

Confirmed for Millennial. Welcome to hell.

I platinumed Undertale and I'm 33 with a wife and family. Sans is cool and Undertale is a good game. Cry harder you sour grape faggots. He's in and there's nothing you can do about it.

Attached: 1503530682670.gif (200x299, 2.58M)

It's not just you. Everything Toby does is cringe.

Now that another DLC fighter pack is confirmed, there may be hope for him yet.

It's okay, he's got enough Benjamins to dry his tears with.

Why? It's a perfect description. This word will be immortalized for millennia to come.

Is it just me or are you seething and coping have sex

It's kind of mind-blowing. FIM and R&M were created by big studios, Undertale was just a couple friends. I still have no idea how the fuck this happened.

All Shovel Knight got was a trophy. A costume and a music track for a game this small-scale is a pretty hefty accomplishment.

This, everyone loved Undertale until awkward preteens shitposting on tumblr became the focus. I feel bad for people that let the most fringe corners of a fanbase of a non-multiplayer game ruin their experience.

This is a game you can buy right now.

Smash threads are a blight on this board

Undertale is a great series but sans is undeniably entrenched in modern meme culture. You just gotta separate Sans from "sans undertale from family guy".

Attached: P9rGKcF.jpg (772x402, 38K)

Attached: DKCjfGqX0AADCDv.jpg (540x537, 48K)

I like undertale and deltarune tho fanbase is cringe. Rick morty is okay, not a huge fan, i like stuff like harvey birdman attorney at law if we talk about adult swim. I like adventure time, though didn't care for the plot in the last seasons. MLP is for girls, homestuck i don't get.

The 2000s were great though. aside from 9/11 and the recession. I have more nostalgia for it than the 90s.

Attached: 1531798553646.jpg (1920x1400, 1.35M)

The 90s were a shit decade and I say that as someone who's supposed to be nostalgic for them. The best thing to come out of it was Pokemon, and I don't even care for that.

You'd think making a grinding cartoon skeleton character wouldn't be so immediately and rampantly sexualized but it was. Though to be fair, Toby gave fair warning to play the game before the fanbase starts doing weird shit and people start to hate the game.

>reddit spacing retard
fuck off

I would buy a Rick Sanchez dlc.

You would, you fan of a thing I don't care for but I'd be perfectly happy if your thing got in too.

>Toby gave fair warning to play the game before the fanbase starts doing weird shit and people start to hate the game
Did he actually do this?

yes

HE CAN'T KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH IT

Attached: tobyfox-fwugradiation-follow-just-some-advice-you-should-probably-play-36754662.png (500x556, 93K)

Hmmm sans huh nice

A pony could be extremely more based and sexy

Attached: 1517646800223.png (901x798, 660K)

hi toby. how are the wife and kids?

Except Earthbound has actual music, gameplay, and cute graphics.

Toby music is just rearranged EB music. The graphics are like a retard who drew them in a Kids Pix Mac software. And there's no real game play to Undertale unless you kill things, but nooo that's the bad ending so you have to sit through encounters and forced to play a fucking visual novel of feefees.

based but still pretty gay

Too far down the contrarian rabbit hole, user, nobody's gonna buy this bait.

>franchises
ugh

Adding what or Rick and Morty?

tumblr tier game for zoomers literally memed into smash it's incredibly cringe

Wpuld you prefer series or is there a meme I'm missing?

have any other toby fox tweets?

nothing, it's a nice and funny little cartoon.
some idiots sperged about it for some reason, and now every second clueless cunt jumps into the hate bandwagon to feel like they know what's going on.

one of these things is not like the others

I remember this
Literally 2 days later we got the first undertale hate threads

what's wrong with the fandom?
can you remember a single first hand experience with an obnoxious fan? because i sure can't
always people ranting about them.

Came here to post this.

Those fanbases are nothing compared to the festering autism pool that is Smash

Why is a character from a shitty and amateurish solo-dev RPG-maker game featured in a multi-million dollar franchise of a major corporation?

Not even close, stop parroting this meme
Unless you're talking about melee fans but we don't do that anymore since it finally died

>linkin park
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I can remember plenty, but I used to read a lot of Tumblr shit about Undertale, and you're pretty much guaranteed to find obnoxious people there, especially since they bounce off and reinforce each other so much.

This man is a gem and must be protected.

>Yea Forums still hasn't recovered from this

oh I am laffin. What a chad.

Attached: 1548990284032.jpg (805x714, 63K)

And it's unironically glorious. What other game is out there that possibly has such a bizarre presentation and setup? Kingdom Hearts 3 is the only thing that comes to mind.
Smash is a game that's not afraid to be silly and a fun GAME at its core. Unlike most others that are trying way too hard to be super cereal.

I was looking for this, thanks.
Did he delete that tweet or was it on an old account?

I never played the game, but whats wrong with the message?

>Judging games and shows from the vocal fanbase and not the actual products themselves

Attached: 1457031855524.png (442x341, 213K)

kino music at least

>a near literally who
>sold about as many copies of his game as From sold of DS3
>and on a 50k budget
He moved as many copies of his game as a AAA developer, yet he's a literal who.
Why are people getting this upset over a stupid skeleton costume?

it's the fanbase that's cringe

It's not, you're just cynical. It's not even like he's taking up a slot or anything since it's just a costume and a song.

Its the perfect example of what fucking losers you people are. DURRRR YOU BUZZWORD

>Undertale doesn't have actual music
This is retarded even for Yea Forums

Attached: 1541574193405.png (543x277, 13K)

>another retard that thinks this litreally pixel shit indie game is good
Holy shit zoomers are so blind.

Ziperto

>tfw Sans looks more authentic than Snake

How the fuck did they screw up his model and render so bad? He looks like a Mexican cosplaying Snake whereas Sans(who is actually a Mii cosplaying as him) actually looks legit.

>reading comprehension
as in he WAS that before Undertale was a big hit, not that he's a literal who AFTERWARDS, you dummy

>cringe
>cringe
>cringe
Fuck off.

>that thinks
>litreally
Go back to high school and proofread your garbage posts

Peer pressure.

The game is bad. Anyone who actually has played games for longer than the last 10 years would know this. But then it becomes a thing like "wow you don't like undertale?? What's wrong with you? Didn't you like the memes or megalovania??"

And see here we have the first sign of a true idiot. They are basing the quality of the game solely on how widespread their "sans undertale" meme has reached the internet. It's like people saying "wtf you don't like family guy?? It's SO based!".

Then we have the dumbasses who, out of all the music in undertale, can only talk about megalovania. And it's not because of the game but because that it has been memed around. These same idiots don't even listen to music, and don't even listen to Castlevania or Lords of Thunder.

People just found a piece of shit, praised it, made it into a meme, ultimately because they have never held a piece of gold in their hands.

ignore because you got me boy!

Attached: EDp9Rl-WwAELBEh.jpg (1200x675, 124K)

Because he's based off Twin Snakes/MGS2. Not those shitty fanfics by Kojima (MGS3,4,V PART 1/V PART UNFINISHED)

Goemon > Undermeme

>mfw knew it was the mother fucking mystical ninja the moment I heard the music
>don't even remember what the fuck music Sans had

Oh, I misunderstood it because that didn't make sense.
Of course he was a literal who before he became famous.
What might bother some people is the speed at which it happened, but that's the way it is when you make a giant hit on your first try.
Dude had talent and a good idea, and kickstarter gave him the opportunity to actually do something with it instead of being stuck with no realistic way of putting a game together.
It's kinda nice that that idiot trap of a website manages to do what it was made to do on occasion.

It belongs in fucking FNAF world.

Attached: bruh.png (250x300, 48K)

>is this cringe?
Is Incineroar cringe?
What about Isabelle?
Is anything past 2010 cringe for you?

Whats wrong with a character made from a game made by a humble smashfag who just wanted to tell stories?

Ponies and Rick and Morty are Cartoons. Spongebob would get in WAY before they would. Fuck off.

based

It's just a Mii outfit dude.
It was added because Sans was such a popular request, and Sakurai and Toby even met in person, hell he 1v1'd him. Adding sans was probably just a parting gift to Toby, even if it wasn't it's nice to see that a western indie character would have been so popular to reach Japan. I don't mean this lightly but you are genuinely out of touch. Perhaps because you believe you're too old you don't indulge in such culture is what you would be thinking, huh? Yea Forums just loves complaining about the smallest shit

well the music in undertale is top notch. And I will give that game props where it deserves. the problem is and always will be os with the fans.

youtu.be/s-T_zRPgWBk
this song is the most Iconic from the 64 game. I love that game so much.

thats not the problem its the fans over reacting to it. Undertale feels like a zoomers first rpg.

>be me
>like tundletar and the looking forward to the sequel/spinoff
>don't engage with fanbase
>don't watch MLP
>don't watch Richard and Morrison
>never read Homosuck
>have seen like a dozen episodes of Adventure Time

Nigga, people aren't a hivemind.

>current year
>people STILL can't bear to like something that idiots do as well
Hate the players, not the game.

No I mean undertale was a zoomers first rpg, thats what I mean.

Fluttershy would've made it in if Lauren Faust went over to Sakurai's house to play Smash with him.

>zoomers first rpg
>doesn't play anything like most RPGs

is it just me or are you a zoomer?

n

>maybe i'm getting too old for this shit
Unless you are twelve, yeah, no fucking shit. Anyone above the age of 12 is TOO FUCKING OLD TO GIVE TWO SHITS ABOUT FUCKING SMASH.

Nothing. It's a game in which every kill you make was your conscious choice, and the game tells you off for doing so if you do it.
This dude's just simmering, seething with jealousy.

nobody watches steven universe anyways

>wtf why is this popular game character in smash?
You are getting too old for this shit

Peer pressure.

The game is good. Anyone who actually has played games for longer than the last 10 years would know this. But then it becomes a thing like "wow you like undertale?? What's wrong with you? Haven't you seen the furfags and lame memes??"

And see here we have the first sing of a true idiot. They are basing the quality of the game solely on how much they hate its fans and nothing else. It's like people saying "wtf you like family guy?? Its fans are SO gay!".

Then we have the dumbasses who, out of all the aspects of undertale, never talk about gameplay. And it's not because of the game but because of how faggy the fans are. These same idiots don't even play the game, and don't even watch/read/play any of the other game they criticize.

People just found a good game, shat on it, criticized only its fanbase and never the actual game, ultimately becayse they haven't enjoyed a video game since 2006.

I did this to show how fucking stupid your arguments are. You call the game shit and proceed to talk about not a single aspect of the game itself, only the people who like it.

not that guy, and i absolutely don't hate undertale. but after hearing everyone sucking its dick i gave it a try. the game bored me to tears. it has bad pacing, and that's weird seeing how short it is. i appreciate and can see what the guy what was trying to do, but the game bet on you, the player, being engaged in the characters in some way (either hating them or liking them). i just found most of them obnoxious, but not to the point that i wanted to exterminate them. they were just annoying. the date with Papyrus was embarrassing, and not in an endearing way. it just wasn't funny. the exploration of the world is nothing new or interesting. the story is kind of predictable. the combat is good, but ultimately it's just a shmup. my point is: it's not a bad game and it's clearly not for me, but what i don't get is how the fuck it became huge. and this is where the fans come in. the average Yea Forumsirgin is retarded and anything that might be considered "reddit" is automatically hated.

>other more worthy characters not chosen
>he actually thinks there are that many people wanting Undertale shit in their Smash

He's only in because he worked with Gamefreak. If anybody at Nintendo actually gave a shit they would have made him a fighter on Wii U.

Now that's the good shit user.
Go forth and hate undertale with actual fucking arguments to support it.
Godspeed.

yeah it does, just because you have a limited pallet of RPGs doesnt mean this was revolutionary. Hell Earthboud to which toby ripped most of the system from isnt like most rpgs.

and the shitty cringy humour, thats what made the game so hard to play through for me

anytime man. i just like videogames and want to talk about them. disregard any shitpost from someone who adheres to the "cringe culture" in any way and you're set.

Attached: 86526-full.png (3508x2632, 3.08M)

/vp/ hates every Pokemon that isn't Anorith.

>game is shit
>idiotic fan base keeps praising shit game
>"it's not the shit game, it's the dumblet fans!"

These fuckers are like the people who praise Disney and Marvel movies.

dude... have you even played undertale? if you did and you met sans you would understand the sheer epicness of his inclusion. undertale is one of the best games of all time.

Garbage game
Clearly reworked earthbound music using similar sound fonts
No actual game play if you go the "proper" route
Basically a point and click game without any real comedy like Lucasarts games if you go pacifist
Art doesn't know if it wants to be 4 bit, 8bit, or 16bit
Art doesn't know if it wants to be flat or perspective

Inb4 none of these are valid critiques to the "game"

Not even top 3 in his own game bruh.

>earthbound music
Nigga u trippin. Earthbound music is abstract and atmosphere-heavy, Undertale music is melody-focused. The music is the one thing about it that doesn't feel at all like Earthbound.

This but unironically.

>Inb4 none of these are valid critiques to the "game"
It's not so much that they are not valid, I'm not even sure you are talking about Undertale at all. Have you literally ever seen the game?

There are multiple reasons to hate trannies, the pandering they get being only a minor factor.

I've never played Undertale but I bought the DLC with gold Nintendo coins because it was only 80 on the Japanese eShop and I was never going to use them there anyway.

But mostly because Megalovania is a cool fucking song.

I have it on switch. Ordered it from Fangamer. Like that other user said, it's just really boring and I just can't understand what people see in it unless they've never played real video games before.

Then you should stop taking drugs before you start it up, because the way you described it doesn't sound anything like the game I played.
>No actual game play if you go the "proper" route
>Basically a point and click game without any real comedy like Lucasarts games if you go pacifist
What the fuck nigger?

The Smash fanbase was autistic enough without the Undertail furry garbage fanbase being added to the mix.

Damn you Sakurai.

I like Undertale and even I know Goemon is superior.

Meaning that you CANNOT use combat. You have to "talk" to the enemies. So it becomes a process of just clicking on menus until the enemy can be pacified and then you repeat this same shit for every encounter.

It's like playing a visual novel or point and click adventure game.

The "combat" remains the same, whether you are talking or attacking them. I can't believe you actually played the game if you're saying such bullshit.

probably because he didn't, genius

>furry garbage
We already had the Sonic fandom, I don't think this really changes much.

>is this cringe

Time to grow up, underage.

>cringe
>kino
I hate this place why can't I leave

>"I hate Undertale so much!"
>"did you ever play it?"
>"no"
every time

Attached: M9E3eUG_5SgVbOlNLPKPIWnXd8yUV25zmpVFd7UvjfQ[1].png (1436x1082, 269K)

I wish there were more people like Kermit user. This cringe culture bullshit has only gotten worse in the past 3 years.

>/vp/ hates Gen I because of Genwunners
But that's wrong. Nobody there hates the original games, we just don't like the excessive panda rings TPC's been giving us because of those people.

Reasonable assessment.

Attached: 1566651108429.png (1600x1600, 1.02M)

>He's rubbing.elbows with very important people

When will you realise you're old and undertale is absolutely huge in japan

>for a game this small-scale is a pretty hefty accomplishment
But it's not small-scale, user. Even the pope owns Undertale!

undertale is pony / rick and morty tier shit franchise

where exactly was the part saying that it wasn't huge in Japan
what exactly does age have to do with it, or are you trying to say only older people dislike it(note that nothing was said about disliking Undertale on the whole)
I think you might've had a point to make but you just kinda tripped and choked on your own cock instead

Based

Why is that?

Please explain to me - Sans isn't the main character of the game. From what I can tell he's not even a plot relevant character. So why is he the only thing people ever talk about in regards to the game?

because I don't like it and that means it's shit

Ask me how I know you didn't actually play Undertale.

Attached: 1447525799083.png (1280x934, 61K)

his fame is tied to him being the most difficult and basically the final boss of the whole game
and he makes puns and normalfags love puns
also people talk about more than just him; usually how much they want to fuck the rest of the cast

He's just a really cool character. And he plays a huge part in the genocide route.

Attached: 1445198757647.png (1062x750, 36K)

extremely cringy, it just doesn't belong.

He sticks out so much, hes literally a huge target

this is so fucking terrible, fuck you Sakurai

this

based!

Shovel Knight also got multiple spirits as well, for what that’s worth.

He's the most interesting character in the game. The first impression you get is that he's a comedic relief character like his brother but the game sprinkles hints and secrets that this isn't the case throughout the games 3 routes until it pays off in the final boss fight of the genocide route.

Attached: 1448623220737.jpg (600x382, 88K)

>tfw was excited for Joker
>excited for Hero
>excited for Banjo
>excited for Terry
>excited for Sans mii costume
It's possible to like multiple different things you know.

This is the kind of people that bringed halo to this board, fags that think that everything that is shitted with the word videogame is good enought, this is why there's people that shitpost with undertale and don't know terry, people like him use this place like a toiled, this guy is an absolute fag

spotted the South American

Buzzword: a word or phrase, often an item of jargon, that is fashionable at a particular time or in a particular context.

Cringe: a useful term that no other word could replace

>ironic shitposting
>twitter screencap
>people don't remember this place calling it trash since the begining and only furries liking it for the goat
This guy just shitposted himself into smash

You also had this gif saved on your computer so your argument is not going so well

>waste of a slot
Yeah, gotta keep room for more of those sword wielding characters. Can't have enough of those.

i liked sans' brother better. sans is alright but most of what he has going for him is his boss music.

>fun character with a likable personality
>made infamous through his role in the genocide route as a super difficult final boss that also gives his character a great amount of depth, more than any other in the game
>is a goofy skeleton in an era where skeleton memes hit full throttle

He could have been an interesting and challenging character for them to try and work with, honestly. I would have liked to see where they could have went with Sans but ah well. The fact that he's even in Smash at all is hilarious and crazy in it's own merit anyway.

>not adding the best character from undertale
Shame.

Attached: sem-l-grim.jpg (1356x1659, 194K)

>They hated Bebop because it was on Toonami and was liked by people on Yea Forums.
What the fuck? How do you have taste this shitty and contrarian? I would've thought it'd be one of the few shows people could unite over.

Sans is only in simply due to popularity alone and nothing more. It couldn't have been a better move on Sakurai's part. They're going to make a killing off that fuckin' little 75 cent costume.

He belongs more than a dead autistic bear like Banjoke who literally no one knows and has been dead for like 2 decades cope rosterfag

What a fag wearing leggings holy kek

And... so what? Unless the target demographic of smash changed its still marketed towards kids and young adults.

People being more hype for an fucking Mii costume than anything else in the direct shows Smash players don't actually give a shit about having a good character to play.

It's disliked because just like Full Metal Alchemist, Hellsing, Space Dandy, Redline, Attack on Titan, or One Punch Man, it's a entry-level western audience baiting high quality show with no decent plot and the most generic of tropes.

Amazing soundtrack though.

Yeah, it's pretty cringy...

Fuck off fag...Banjo is an actual videogame icon.

I get it. You're just a fucking moron.

Combat in rpgs (which undertale tried to mimic) involves attacking, defending, some kind of strategy, magic. This game is just "talk -> tell enemy they look nice -> enemy is happy now -> end encounter". Stop being a complete dumbass.

At least Earthbound had psi powers, real attacks, SMAAAAAASH, psychedelic backgrounds and actually cute and funny interactions. All you undertale fans need to fuck off and wake up from this pretentious shit.

>It’s popular I hate it now!
Fucking hipster

How about
>"I hate undertale so much"
>"did you even play it?"
>"yes and here is my copy of this shitty game and here is my playtime of this shitty game"
>"lmao you didn't even play it. Undertale is perfect."

>don't know terry
Not everyone played fighting games growing up.

>there are fucking dumbasses here that didn't even know Simon or Richter when they were revealed
>absolute dumbasses that never in their life played ANY Castlevania (even the shitty Kojima games)
>not even ANY of the classic games in the era of free accurate emulators

This is what happens when kids grow up on PlayStation/Xbox/Mobile and they only want to play the yearly safe rehash that "everybody" is playing.

Meant for

no one is trying to be serious you dumb nigger
people can develop whatever the fuck they want

Bump!

Come on anons, you c-can do it! D-don't let the thread die now!

Attached: 1560144992454.jpg (110x237, 14K)

what the fuck I aint seen that webcomic in 10 years

Don't you have a video essay to write, kiddo?

>weed is associated with SJWs
What? Since when?

It's honestly better than your average moeshit.

I enjoyed Undertale and the only one of those I've seen is Rick and Morty and that was only a couple seasons.friends had me watch.

Attached: 1284820679338.jpg (554x439, 35K)

it's just because you're playing as mii gunner. he also doesn't emote, no winking, blue eye or anything. and also probably those very fleshy looking legs he has. if he had some touch ups to his clothes to look more like everyone else, and more facial expressions, he'd fit in, oh and also be his own character and throw bones at you, the only move that actually resembles something he does is the final smash, looking like a gaster blaster beam.

Nice meme.

nah

enjoy your random 3rd party characters

>maybe i'm getting too old for this children's party game

Absolutely nothing.
It's just autistic fans that try to treat the show as if it's their identity as always.

>hating trannies for how they look and act
This is a perfectly valid reason to hate something.

Toby Fox BTFOs Yea Forums forever, plays smash with sakurai and are now good buddies, composes music for nintendo, and manages to get his character in smash.
post your face when you'll never be this much of a chad

they really fucked up that mii, couldn't have at least added the mascera and rosy cheeks to simulate the red markings on Goemon?

It is true to an extent, but when something gets taken over by the masses it's usually perverted and altered to their liking. They don't hate it because people like it, it's because people with radically different approaches and intents twist their hobby into something it's not and thus they either abandon ship or get lumped in with the rest. It's the way of all hobbies user, once the big money enters in, the thing in question changes from ideological to personal, from a true idea and setting to greed-based markets and schemes.

You have to be fake, you want to pirate a vita game but you don't know how to pirate a PC game?

Attached: 500.png (500x500, 2K)

Weed use has always been associated with the left.

yeah, specially act, like for what else you are going to hate someone if not for how the act?

>MLP isn't a franchise

Attached: [visible confusion].gif (280x302, 3.75M)

>aside from 9/11
cry me a river cuckboy

Undertale is the MLP of videogames
Undertale fans are the Bronies of videogames

>Zoomer doesn't know what kino is

Not surprised

Undertake honestly isn’t that bad. It’s just the fan base is filled with autists.

MINEY CRAFTA

Attached: 1548118122344.png (500x500, 245K)

Undertale fans are cringe but the game is interesting.

It’s a shame that Sans is memed so hard since his status was supposed to be a huge twist

>the pussy mentality

Toby just said fuck it and rolled with it. Everyone on the planet knows about Sans' hidden power level.

I’m not blaming him, it’s too late to do anything about it.

>wanted Sans in for memes and getting Smashfags butthurt
>he sorta gets in and utterly overshadows my boy Terry everywhere that isn't japan or hispanic

Monkey's paw a shit

I only like 2 out of these 5

Despite all the success that the first game made, I don't think it will be much revered in a few years. It's just a funny amateur game that surprises the player by breaking some rules. It's not like this is such an amazing thing. If it depends on the author's ability to keep making games (Deltarune), I don't think he'll be able to stay relevant for long, either.

My 9 year old was super excited. Probably most excited he has been for a character

Ah, I get it, you watched some parts of a let's play to pretend you played it, or you're just a fucking imbecile.
There is a progression in the spare mechanic, not everything becomes too linear that you can just select the one option and get away with it every time. Some options do nothing, others are pre requisites to progress, others make the shmup harder, others easier. It's a mini puzzle on its own, even if not as deep as you wish. Part of the charm is seeing how this interacts with the actual bullet hell, so of course this can't be a insta win.

Here you go
You will need to replace it with a boomer card once you are 30

Except that Toby is now working with Game Freak and probably will be included in other new projects by other developers after this. And he literally beat Sakurai at Smash in his own house

I like Undertale and I don't like any of the other things. Also
>never even played the game
>judging a product by its fan base which isn't even half of its consumers

Anyway, I think Undertale won't survive time. If there was something like Smash Ultimate 25 years ago, it would also have some characters like Bubsy or Earthworm Jim, which although they had some appeal and are still nostalgically remembered by some, are examples of characters whose games didn't survive the time because , let's face it, have always been terribly mediocre.

>Not liking it because of the fans is not valid reason to dislike the game
The fans are screeching hyper Tumblr autists that will have a meltdown over the slightest criticism to the game.
>T-The music is good
>Good I can listen to the ost no reason to play the game
>H-Ha got you. You haven't even played the game. Admit you don't like it because it's popular shitlord
Plenty of games are popular but because the retard fans spammed and spoiled the game so much, there isn't a reason to play it. Once you know what's going to happen and know what's going to happen in the other routes, what's left?
>the humor
Yay the unique Tumblr humor that hasn't been done before. Holy shit I wish more games had this style of humor
> REEEEEEE SANS! SAAANS SAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANS AAAAAAHHHH
I'm done here

I won't play your meme game.

Who are you talking to?

Cope

People who can't fathom why I don't like undertale

Pretty sure no one can force you to like a game, if they try it would just backfire, like you can't convince someone that likes a game to suddenly hate it. So I don't understand why you keep wasting energy on this when you could be doing something better with it. At least stop acting like you have autism

>I'm done here
I bet you thought that sounded cool in your head

Very few things on those networks are decent. Those 90s/early 2000s cartoons were aimed at adults as well which has caused them to age pretty well. Rugrats and Rocko are still fun to watch. Many of the things that are on now I can enjoy somewhat, but they are clearly aimed towards kids more than the ones I just mentioned.

Attached: 1554255373472.gif (624x345, 408K)

Sakurai said that sans himself was a highly requested fighter in the reveal you dumb fuck

>Life is short
I never got this argument but I agree with you on everything else

I feel like I got beaten by a chicken at chess, lite a possibility so utterly ridiculous that my minds just skip over it just happened, fucker even got a remix! He’s got far more than Shovel and Shantae!
youtube.com/watch?v=-FgSrwKlFm0

So you just mean something that a lot of people like, and you don't like it for that reason?

it's popular, so spergs on Yea Forums are afraid to like it

You're talking about a game that has like ten playable Pokémon characters

>shits on boomers
>dkc gif

>strawmanning

>ugh

Attached: 1531.jpg (440x441, 121K)

A lot of people have enough gold to get it for free anyways. That's what I did. I didn't realize I have like ten dollars worth.

>comparing a platformer to an RPG

>feels like adding a pony or rick and morty to smash.
So... perfect for the audience?

Attached: 1518966249223.jpg (427x507, 44K)

BASED

This is true, Yea Forums loved Undertale until it got popular.

This. OP is a giant fag

>MGS3
>Shitty
They were all good until after Portable Ops.

I am afraid not, the only reason why this generation taste is so shit is because the have not been showed anything better, put some children to watch this run of the powerpuff girls and then the original run see which one they like the most.
Most people still like to 80 rock further proving your point false, hell how old are Beethoven and Mozart songs?

Stevefags need to kill themselves

That "I hate you" felt so genuine it would honestly sting me

>the virgin happiness
>the wizard cringe
>the chad finding it absolutely hilarious
Even having the Sans meme be acknowledged is the funniest fucking thing to happen in Smash over a game where the best/most surprising/funniest thing to ever happen seems to get 1up'd ever few months. This is great, not because it's good, but because it's funny.

Borderline guarantee a blocky Steve costume is coming along with a Goku fighter costume, a Thanos costume and fuck I genuinely would not be surprised to see a fucking Shrek ogre costume. The next Smash Bros might actually feature Spongebob Squarepants.

Attached: 1567271762781.gif (500x281, 1.79M)

Games like those didn't get massively popular by tons people all around the world let alone Japan.

>wow guys touhou is too hard for me

How can there be a wasted slot if they can literally add as many characters as they want to

90% of Steve posters are posting ironically. Hell, 90% of Sans posters were likely being ironic given how the most common reaction to the reveal wasn't hype but gutbusting laughter.

I want to post this on 2017 Yea Forums.

Yeah a lot of people's reactions were mostly "haha memes! ecks dee"

So fucking typical. Imagine dismissing something because of the people who like it i.e. nothing to fucking do with the actual game

No, it's not.
This.

you cant play that card user, assist trophy is still > costume

I know right? Joker stands out like a sore thumb

>is it just me
Yes, it's you and all the other faggots wining about this.

Banjo is the only possible furfag bait

If Sans was so fucking tired of doing the same things over and over again what was even the point of the boss fight? Why didn't he just let me do whatever the hell I wanted?

Because Slippers became the more popular consensus and now its official. I personally preferred the shoes.

Attached: 147B5C7D-0E8C-43C9-B47A-F9B7A62E5B93.jpg (1920x1080, 329K)

>If I don't like it it's cringe

You are equal to a furry posting that, you know right?

I honestly feel the same, but I'm not angry about it. If anything I just find it kinda annoying that he was literally meme'd into the game.

Pfft sans appearance in smash was way cooler in my head. looks stupid

>jcw87.github.io/c2-sans-fight/

If you want to have another go at 60 FPS. Works on mobile too.

smashfags are more autistic than all of those fanbases combined.

I don't remember Smashfags going crazy for stupid sauce or putting a doll in a far and filling it with semen, or harassing an artist and nearly killing one with a cookie with a needle in it.

*jar

>/vp/ hates Gen I because of Genwunners.
and rightfully so, because game freak has ruined the franchise by appeasing to those fake "fans" and their whining.

You have a point and you are correct for the most part. Contrarianism is a fucking disease.
but a few corrections:

>/vp/ hates Gen 1 because of Genwunners
It's not so much genwunners themselves as much as how much gamefreak extensively panders to genwunners. /vp/ is just sick of Gamefreak constantly shoving Kanto down their throats.

>/pol/ hates trannies because of how they look and act
This is a completely reasonable reason to hate something.

FUCK SANS
FUCK UNDERTALE
FUCK SMASH
FUCK NINTENDO
FUCK RICK & MORTY
FUCK MLP
FUCK WEEBS
AND MOST OF ALL
FUCK ZOOMERS

A screenshot like this makes me so happy to love video games.
Smash at this point feels much less important as a crossover fighting game as much as it is just a grand celebration of video games.
>Banjo can fight Sans, Goemon, Snake, Mario, and Sonic on a stage based on the DS' chat room while Alucard and Zero fight as assists and Megalovania plays in the background
I can't get over the sheer scale of the melting pot of video game love displayed in this game.
I hope Terry brings mii costumes for other SNK franchises like Metal Slug, I want this cross over to get even more cuhrazy.

Attached: 1515497907448.gif (500x391, 360K)

>grand celebration of video games
Great way to put it.

Attached: 1284599226786.jpg (525x481, 25K)

You’re just a boomer that can’t accept modern video games can be good too.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah
My sides, my sides are gone