The most acclaimed FPS game of all time is a Nintendo exclusive, how do PC fags cope with this?

The most acclaimed FPS game of all time is a Nintendo exclusive, how do PC fags cope with this?

Attached: Metroid Prime.jpg (778x960, 83K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/lZJm7TrEr5I?t=67
invidio.us/watch?v=4tQCrPNYls8
youtube.com/watch?v=bfxpkfQRqGo
youtube.com/watch?v=lZJm7TrEr5I
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

i dont think metroid prime is the most acclaimed fps
halo was way more popular at the time of release, and metroid prime 2 is better

>FPS
Here come the triggered "ACTUALLY IT'S A FIRST PERSON ADVENTURE" fags

its okay. just ignore them.

It's more of an adventure game than an FPS.

There he is! Quick, guys. Point at him and laught.

based and well informed

It's a first person game where one of the biggest core mechanics is shooting. Get the fuck out of here with your dumbass semantics.

Prime 2 and 3 are better.

Attached: 15542503086.jpg (831x1024, 68K)

Emulation which makes the Prime games play like a proper FPS.
youtu.be/lZJm7TrEr5I?t=67

Prime is as much of an FPS as Smash is a fighting game.

Attached: 45465678.png (281x211, 100K)

I cope by emulating the Wii version at 1440p with mouse and keyboard controls. Chúpala, Nintendie.

Emulate it with mouse and keyboard controls

Attached: dab2.png (128x118, 24K)

Based.

I played with this and, holy shit, I just can't go back to playing the Prime Trilogy with a controller ever again. Please, may Yuzu be on a good state by the time Prime 4 releases so I can have this shit again.

Prime 2 yes, prime 3 no

Had the same argument with Valvebabies who tried to argue that Fallout New Vegas wasn't a FPS game.

What's the best suit? The light suit.

Attached: LightSuitSamus.png (1193x2381, 1.99M)

>ez mode
bah
there is a reason i wasted ~3 hours trying to get past the first armor upgrade via shitty home made hacking

Can you use that for games like Timesplitters 2?

Was that Metroid fps for the ds any good?

Yes it was actually.

Neat. I'll play a Metroid game one day eventually.

>said the hydrocephalic cue ball

this

Attached: steve1989mre 1.jpg (593x610, 46K)

By emulating it with better resolution and framerate

God I'd fucking love for Metroid Prime 4 to have multiplayer like Prime 2 and Hunters. I miss being an asshole with Sylux's bombs and it was great

I meant aesthetically not usage wise.

I emulate that shit @4k, umad?
also, Metroid prime wouldn't be what it its if the devs didn't get clues from pic related.

Attached: 2012-06-28_00003.jpg (1920x1080, 266K)

Don't get into the series with the Metroid for DS, it was only good for its multiplayer with has been discontinued when the DS servers were shut down. Start with Zero Mission or Metroid Prime, both of with can be easily emulated.

I'm stuck on Crocomire because I suck, I only have 5 super missiles, should I go back and look for a Super Missile tank?

Just use the charge beam, he isn't hard

>Gay nigga waits 20 years to play Super Metroid on his onions switch instead of playing it on real hardware or emulating it on pc

No wonder ur getting fucked on by one of the easiest bosses in the game.

Attached: 152515.jpg (275x183, 9K)

Thanks.

>so.y is getting censored now.

Attached: 25626.gif (320x193, 1.79M)

2DS actually.

onions got filtered a while back

>never even got to play prime 2 because the 1 I bought was broken and I was past the return date when I found out

This user is right, MP is the second most acclaimed fps. The first is Perfect Dark, also a Nintendo exclusive.

Attached: 989789789.png (510x294, 12K)

What's the difference between onions and onions
Onions make basedboys cry

>barely talked about people who actually care for the genre
>critical acclaim might have more to do with being a great nintendo title
enjoy not being preserved because nintendo hates it while actual fps live with mods

I play it on PC with 60 FPS and mouse aiming.

>Video game journalists are faggots but not when they align why my personal point of view
Imagine judging something by popularity or age rather than it's own actual existence as an actual product.

>how do PC fags cope with this?
emulators

Nintendo games get higher reviews, if you go back & play it today, the controls really suck & it feels floaty, half the game is spent scanning shit

Even Doom 1 holds up much better

PD is on Xbox & the best version by far

Just because you shoot in a game in first person doesn't mean that the centergoal is necessarily the same. Battlefield is not the same thing as DayZ which is not the same thing as Doom.

>game turns into an item hunt in the last chapter of the game otherwise you cant beat the final boss

10/10 game otherwise. Tried to play 2 and it was like they made it for 12 year olds. Haven't even bothered with 3 though it doesn't seem like i'm missing much.

It may be a first-person-shooter but you should understand why the "adventure" distinction is considered useful. In the GC originals, there was no aiming required at all besides having the enemy roughly in front of you, you'd just lock on like a Zelda game by holding the shoulder button and then pressing the fire button. Most first person shooters have you aim at an enemy that could move out of your way so that you'd risk missing. There's a pretty fundamental difference between the two, and in some ways Prime combat is more like a Zelda game than like Doom or Half-Life.

Attached: E21D534C-60CC-4C5E-A547-7673539650B2.gif (320x240, 2.34M)

Metroid Prime is the Crysis of Consoles, the graphics blew people away & it had the legendary Metroid name on top of it, but put the gameplay in Half Life 1 graphics without the Metroid brand & people will tell you it's boring

- Poor controls, Halo CE did it better a year earlier on Consoles
- Gun feels like a pea shooter
- Backtracking
- Scanning
- More Scanning
- Annoying enemies

And Mario's a role-playing game because you role play as Mario, right? Elite: Dangerous is a first person shooter because you fire from your ship in the first person.

PCfags don't give a fuck about exclusives they play everything. MP is emulatable extremely well with mouse and keyboard aiming.

To add on to this, there is a reason zoomers fall in love with the likes of Halo, Doom, Half Life etc, but Metroid Prime gets ignored, it's also why Prime 2 & 3 bombed, the graphics didn't impress people anymore

>Metroid is Nintendo Exclus-
invidio.us/watch?v=4tQCrPNYls8

>20-year old game from a dead franchise that PCs can easily emulate
>"""exclusive"""

Shut up

Prime is one of the best Metroids for alot of reasons, but the lack of the disgusting, degenerate zero suit is one of the biggest reasons. Treating Samus with respect is what the series should be doing, not trotting her around like a whore in spandex.

Attached: sammy are you okay.png (394x434, 115K)

>scanning is bad
That's like saying a visual novel is bad because you have to read, or that a horror movie is bad because it's scary. It's not just an exploration of an environment, but exploration into history, biology, and more. I know your post is just bait but I see a lot of legit attempts at criticism where they compare games against things it never tried to be (like how critics ripped into Pathologic 2 for being inaccessible or draining).

great now I feel like ruining my backlog again to replay these games with KB/M controls

Attached: 1564164778887.png (340x236, 126K)

Fucking this. ZZS ruined the character in more ways than one.

>ZZS
Zero Zoot Samus?

Attached: 32475423446345.jpg (341x512, 48K)

You're better off understanding why something is good by literally and autistically studying it than mixing different opinions in a collective manner.
The truth and objectivity are very abstract concepts, which is why we are doomed to have subjective and personalized tastes.

>But I don't wanna go through areas I've already been through before!
>But I don't wanna scan things!
>But I don't wanna have to look for stuff to finish the game!
>But graphics!
I don't think I've ever heard an actual solid criticism against this game. It's one of the most flawless games I can think of. Maybe it's just because there are so few other 3D Metroidvanias to compare it to.

youtube.com/watch?v=bfxpkfQRqGo

You forgot my favorite excuse.

>But I can't jerk off to Samus?! wtf Retro are SJWs!

You wouldn't believe the lengths people go to to hate this game.

Samus is meant to be both muscular and hot.
Stop making her only one of these.

Attached: 7b99ae50051b6d11e2131683563c01800599d781.jpg (722x1200, 107K)

It has both classic controls and modern twin stick controls. It adds 8 player online multiplayer. It literally outdoes the original release in every way. OP is just an enormous cum gargling faggot as always.

Gatekeeping is good though

I'd prefer if she wasn't stupid slut bait, thank you very much.

Metroid Prime isn't an FPS. It's a Metroid game in first person. It controls more like 3D Zelda with its lock on controls.

>western devs understand a japanese series better than its creator

The scanning is fun.
And I liked the tank controls.
t. played it for the first time half a year ago

>Samus is meant to be muscular and hot
>not the AI operating the varia suit

this is why Metroid is a joke, because all of the true Metroid fans are being drown out by the smash secondaries.

Prime 1 was fun on the Wii U, if clunky because motion controls suck wieners.
Never got too far into Prime 2 because I think I ran out of ammo and never started Prime 3. Maybe one day I'll get to it.

Attached: woo.jpg (500x1600, 202K)

>tfw another Metroid thread infested by ACfag

>>western devs understand a japanese series better than its creator

True. Look at the next Japanese Metroid game that came out after Prime 3.

The dreaded Other M, took everything good from Fusion and removed it. Magnified the flaws. Added a shit story that was unskippable (unless on NG+ or hacking the system) and turned Samus into a complete joke of a character

Yeah, well it looks and controls even better on PC
youtube.com/watch?v=lZJm7TrEr5I

Attached: Kohler_Power_Suit_Render.jpg (1165x873, 187K)

Attached: 1339806542562.png (500x1397, 55K)

PC+Switch = Best Combo

Fuck no!
Screw you and your darkworld key hunt