Just picked up my first FF game. What am I in for?

Just picked up my first FF game. What am I in for?

Attached: 41G40vOdt8L._SX342_.jpg (342x305, 16K)

>Starting with IV
You're in for a ruined experience. Start with I.

>IV
You're in for a good game after you play the first three

Attached: 1567638038326.png (1200x1080, 1.02M)

why would anyone play FF1 when there are thousands of better JRPGs

>DS version
brave soul

A good replacement for the first 3.

There's literally nothing wrong with the DS version. I will never for the life of me understand why people prefer the shitty RPG maker PSP piece of shit.

Cecil, best ff protagonist

The one in ds needs grinding and they took out the grinding you could do in the robot

the difficulty of this version of ff4 is pretty unforgiving. i regret recommending my friend's first ff game to be the ds version of 4. i don't think he made it to the moon.

>jarpigs are too easy!
>this game is too hard!

Redemption, a good battle system, cool bossfights, and a rollercoaster story.

Seconding this guy.
The difficulty is fine, if you use the augments and take your time to level up.
My first FF was FF3 on the DS, though, so that may have prepared me a bit to play IV DS next.

the time of your life
i started with IV

IV is one of the worst.

IV is the patrician's choice

Attached: IVmasterrace.png (1309x733, 59K)

Why does Ethiopia like X?

>Ireland's favorite is XII
Do the potato niggers relate to Rabanastre sticking it to the big bad empire or something?

>canada
Great taste

Don't listen to the h8ters. 4 is fine to start with. It was my first FF as well, and also one of the hardest imo

I mean, non-speed run related I be at it in 8 hours as a kid, so it's not THAT hard. It does have its moments though.

OP here. I won't be able to play until after work tomorrow, but I hear a lot about the difficulty. Is it possible to just grind in an area, and overlevel your characters? Or is it not one of those games? What's this augments I keep hearing about?

Attached: (you).gif (384x269, 837K)

There are plenty that much worse as well. The psx port of FF1 is awesome, updated sprites and fixed most the bigs from the nes version

Yep, I knew my country is full of tasteless idiots.

Why would anyone play FF when there are thousands of better JRPGs?

Can confirm the FF1+2 bundle on GBA is incredibly solid.
Also Final Fantasy V is my favorite.

Hey, plenty of FF games are fucking fantastic.
Anything after 10 is shit though.

>shitty RPG maker PSP piece of shit.
Screw you, the updated spritework in all the games bar V and VI is godlike. Low-poly sprites aren't anywhere near as engaging as it.

Best character in FF coming through

Attached: gilgamesh.jpg (677x1000, 141K)

Prepare for a ton of pointless grinding with little pay-off.

>DS version of 4

the hardest version of the game that fucks with mechanics that were in the original versions

*oneshots all the squishier members of your party*

Attached: flamehound.jpg (347x315, 66K)

Damage sponge enemies and bosses.

Canada and Portugal are based.

ff4 is a good culmination of the first 3. it was the first true "next gen" ff game, and it shows in incredible ways if you've played the first 3. the soundtrack is amazing (still so), the graphics were a good jump for the time, the story is so much more intricate and interesting, the characters are much better developed, and the overall scale of the game is much grander than the first 3.

i think it's still a decent jrpg. but jrpgs suck in general. so you'll probably get what you want out of it if you like jrpgs at all. if not, you'll probably dislike it.