Why redditors and normalfags are obsessed with New Vegas

they unironically love the game or they believe is cool to say "I love New Vegas" like people do with Batman and The Lord of the Rings?

Attached: house always wins.png (928x756, 1.02M)

Normalfags loved 3 or 4, they didn't care for New Vegas

This. I played NV at launch back in 2010 and most of the normalfags at the time hated it.

Why are you obsessed with redditors? Why do you care about what reddit likes or doesn't like?

Wrong, you usually see normies talking or playing New Vegas way more than 3 and 4
t. redditor

>Yea Forums has become so contrarian they've looped back around to liking fo3 and hating new vegas
woah...

Redditors love breathing, so maybe you should stop breathing too

My normie friends thought I'd like FO4 due to my playtime on NV. The perplexed looks I got off them when I explained why I didn't was funny. You fucking normie piece of shit

They hated it because it didn't work.

No they hated it because it there was too much talking and thinking. Normalfags only were playing sports games, COD and GTA.

This

>bugthesdrones are so fucking desperate and at a loss on how to defend their game that they have to astroturf and gaslight people into thinking that Fallout 3 is the underdog game compared to New Vegas

Attached: smug_lady.jpg (1280x720, 65K)

Fallout 3 has a 93 metacritic score, NV only a 84. NV might be more consistant but the game is arguably boring, especially the world.
>Thinking
Wtf is there to think about?

Dilate

Imagine actually liking batman

holy shit is it possible to have worse taste?

Lol Todd looks like you’re trying a new tack

I like new Vegas and fo4 but not fo3, fite me

>Fallout 3 has a 93 metacritic score, NV only a 84
Congratulations on destroying the very foundation of your argument, retard.

Fallout 3 was relentlessly shilled and showered with undeserved praise by every single game press outlet on release. When the year ended, it also swept up every single GoTY reward because once again, game journos and critics are idiots who blindly love anything that Todd forces out his sphincter.
And then you have the fucking audacity to tell us that Fallout New Vegas is the game that is undeservedly praised by normies and the masses?

Eat a fucking dick, Todd.

Who cares

>my feeling are hurt so i make shit up
Get a grip you fucking loser.

I guess I’m the weirdo that enjoyed all the fallout games.

This.
But also this I guess. Play what you want, like or hate what you want, nobody should give a shit.

>bugthesda

Do you remember NV at launch?

It's already something old tbqh, Yea Forums and cripplechan Yea Forums started to act like that after New Vegas become more popular over the years

Not him, buy you seems really angry about people on Yea Forums hating and calling out redditors.

Attached: i can't wait for the reddit butthurt about this thread.png (632x569, 463K)

Where am I wrong, faggot?
Are you going to deny reality and tell me that Fallout 3 wasn't praised like it was the second coming of christ when it came out?

>whataboutism

>waaahh muh biased jounalists and shills *autistic screeching*
>vs saying journos loved it because it was the first step into the 3D universe while also reviving the series
Dumb double nigger

It was still the better game.

It didn't reformat consoles like FO76 did.

You're a fuckin idiot

Attached: bait.webm (960x540, 184K)

New Vegas is the same exact game as Fallout 3. It's the same fucking game. ITS THE SAME GAME

Stay BTFO, I wanted to go to sleep anyways

Not him, but he doesn't seem that angry at all. Nice spacing by the way.

Passive-aggressive, very reddit from you.

>34 replies
>22 IPs
>only had time to reply to 12 people
>BTFO NOOB LOL GET REKT

Scrolling past this looks like fucking Midgar.

Attached: xcuseme.gif (202x360, 1.84M)

Deny it all you like. Its. 4 is the same as 3 too

>redditors ITT seething and trying to gaslight OP
OP's a dumb frogposter anyways so he deserves it. Dumb redditors, liking Fallout NV doesn't mean you have taste.

Sure. Except the story of NV was boring shit.

>i-it totally wasnt me who did it, i-it was you haha
Ok you fucking cunt

>gaslight
Fuck off reddit fuck stick

>pretending normalfags don't obsess over new vegas for hipster points
You'll never have good taste, redditkun

ok fag

I'm not sure. I really liked playing new vegas but for some reason it had a resurgence with zoomers. Same goes for resident evil 4. The latter I knew would stand the test of time, but new vegas surprises me. Too bad fallout 4 ruined everything with its focus on you giving a shit about a bunch of faggots shooting lazer muskets like what the fuck

They hated it until old world blues.

sure thing champ

Because thanks to Bethesda, this is the only modern release of Fallout that doesn't have dogshit writing
Story doesn't magically fix the games technical issues but every patch the game had officially released made it run just as well as Bethesda's other games, outside of fucking 76 lmao and so the gameplay improvements NV has over 3 and the much less awful story compared to 4
Name one fucking aspect of Fallout Bethesda did better than Obsidian

Attached: The fuck.jpg (1280x720, 83K)

Seething and coping

World building and atmosphere

NV has aged like shit. F3 less so because the exploration and random encounters keep it fresher.

Even your responses are generic. Are you posting from a phone too?

Bathesda fallout is pure garbage, but yeah, reddit and normalfags trying to look cool usually overrated New Vegas, Yea Forums shit on New Vegar for years and yet newfags usually get butthurt and call bait when see people shittalking the game here.

Reddit spacing, very reddit of you

Combat exploration map design

>Newfag fell for the reddit spacing meme
>he still butthurt after all these minutes

Attached: 1515112667633.png (550x578, 226K)

NV is arguably one of the most overrated games of the decade. The vast majority of it's elements are lifted directly from FO3 with few to no changes and it's even a downgrade to 3 in some ways such as dungeon design and overworld exploration.

It's a good game, but people who pretend that it's leagues above FO3 and an earth shattering masterpiece just because of a few QoL and writing improvements are delusional. The reality is that 3 and NV are roughly equal in quality overall but have different strengths and weaknesses.

Attached: image.jpg (600x451, 25K)

less invisible walls

Lol, you're really trying.

Exactly this.

I got really into New Vegas one year. Had to have put at least a hundred hours into it and fucking around with all the mods. Expanding the radio stations and adding old 50's advertisements and Civil Air Defense advisories is comfy as fuck.

>random encounters
A meme to keep zoomers from losing interest in a game. It's not a substitute for actual gameplay components that players have to actively engage with and seek out instead of just waiting for something to fall in their laps.
Procedural garbage like 'random encounters' is a crutch to avoid good game design with actual player input.
>exploration
Fallout 3 fails in this area because it's literally just a flat wasteland that you keep walking in one direction discovering 'theme park' locations along the way.
New Vegas' world has actual variation in geography and topology, and there are locations that are relevant to specific geographic features of the world like the lakside resort of Camp Golf, Hoover Dam, Jacobstown, Black Mountain, etc.
New Vegas also has leveled lists of enemies and wildlife which makes the exploration more perilous. Instead of just wandering around aimlessly, you have to carefully navigate the world and not wander into a wild part of the map where cazadors appear in abundance.

who cares? It launched like 10 years ago.

Remember when the hated website boogeyman was 9gag?
Newfags here can't even remember why Reddit is the chosen strawman.

>New Vegas' world has actual variation in geography and topology, and there are locations that are relevant to specific geographic features of the world like the lakside resort of Camp Golf, Hoover Dam, Jacobstown, Black Mountain, etc.
None of that makes for a good game you dumb faggot.
>you have to carefully navigate the world and not wander into a wild part of the map where cazadors appear in abundance.
As if those encounters provide any difficulty as soon as you get two companions.

>fence sitting: the post

Come to us with an actual opinion or get the fuck out.

>to have an opinion you have to call a game bad
No. My stance is that NV has become overrated and that FO3 has become retrospectively underrated due it being cool to hate it for the past 5 years or so. I have my preference, but it's not particularly relevant to what I'n saying-- That being that 3 and NV are more or less the same game with minor differences.

>None of that makes for a good game you dumb faggot.
Sorry. Not all of us were dropped as babies.

>As if those encounters provide any difficulty as soon as you get two companions.
Maybe don't play on Easy, you crybaby.
Groups of cazadors and deathclaws can still shrek your companions if you don't know what you're doing.

How does topography make for a good game?
>Maybe don't play on Easy
I didn't, it's just not a very well designed game. The only difficulty comes from the DLCs which are garbage.

New Vegas isn't overrated on any part of the internet. Even here, we're now being inundated with astroturfing weasels like you who are trying to spin this false narrative that the game that was largely ignored on release and sits at an 84 on Metacritic is somehow 'overrated' compared to the game that has a 90+ rating on Metacritic and was showered with endless praise and GOTY awards.
You're being disingenuous when you even imply that NV is overrated. You can sit there and whinge all you want about what people here are saying about FO3, but the vast majority of the internet still thinks FO3 is the definitive 3D fallout game because of brand loyalty and other surface level meme talking points like 'exploration' and 'map design'.

I told you to come at me with an acutal opinion and I still mean it. Your whole take on the divide between FO3 and NV is totally disingenuous and retarded. Get some more perspective and stop thinking that people like me are representative of what the broader community thinks of these games.