Xenobros... how could this be happening... our game isn't supposed to be anime

Xenobros... how could this be happening... our game isn't supposed to be anime...

Attached: 1567728427416.jpg (784x710, 113K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jwkYt21iMoI
imgur.com/Hmxi2gu
youtube.com/watch?v=TA7pFI4pEv0
youtube.com/watch?v=9HJt_4lPnQY
youtu.be/Qm3Jqe5q_QQ
youtube.com/watch?v=oA3i0deoWIE
youtube.com/watch?v=kBdO6uKdMl4
youtube.com/watch?v=Jln_KBWFvfw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

If you didn't realise Xenoblade Chronicles 1 was just as anime as the sequel in everyway except the artstyle being atrocious you didn't play the game

Anime covers a lot of different things. Medium, not genre.

Why did they lighten the skin of the characters? Isn't that whitewashing?

You're getting desperate now Genofag

But it is supposed to be anime

how many fucking times are we going to see these shitty threads

Until a year after the last DLC is released, just like Xenoblade 2.

still looks better than 2

>how many fucking times are we going to see these shitty threads
until you kill yourself

this literally trailsfags crying about Cold Steel being generic shounen, when Sky was generic shounen but from the 90s

I’m sick and fucking tired of weebshit ruining everything I love.

Since when was 1 not an anime game? Just because it was ugly and without a budget doesn't make it not anime

I like both tbqhwyfamalam

Attached: 1488867778122.jpg (979x832, 546K)

Because they have a high IQ.

XC was anime as fuck.

Attached: SX4E01-26.png (1920x1080, 2.14M)

Look at this fucking crap.

Attached: 1567708542516.png (797x886, 1.38M)

Completely soulless moeshit.

Attached: 1567709573551.jpg (1000x1000, 103K)

I hope this scene is even more heavy than before. I want Melia to suffer. She's cutest when she's depressed.

Attached: xenocuck chronicles.png (1600x900, 2.67M)

Left: soul
Right: soulless

thank god it doesnt look like the hd faces mod

>just like Xenoblade 2
So that would be a 'forever,' then.

Attached: 1558193908736.jpg (627x555, 96K)

Mechons aren't folded enough to stand against superior hom steal.

>comparing concept art to models

Attached: 1548105949762.png (306x256, 136K)

Why modern anime can't into detail? Everyone must look like a doll for some reason. Fiora actually look like she have bones on the left.

as long as they dont touch the voice acting im satisfied. its gonna be jarring if theres entirely new content and they have to record new lines though.

Those are both concept art images you absolute brainlet

Attached: 463280f0b9e165de63a1fe67021941d3472d20d1_hqc.jpg (371x305, 118K)

The voice acting was excellent.

TALK ALL YOU WANT. THOSE WORDS WILL BE YOUR LAAAAAAST.

nuShulk is a bit too pretty boy. He was always a twink but his old face was a bit more masculine.

>Xenoblade isn't supposed to be anime
youtube.com/watch?v=jwkYt21iMoI

if you think the right is concept art you might be retarded

Excuse you

Attached: 6aecc741066a49daad3ad9e913d15928.jpg (273x243, 23K)

At least they don't look autistic anymore.

Hey cute girl

Attached: 1542573564528.gif (640x480, 548K)

Hahahaha fuck you! I’ll buy it and will enjoy it again I love Anime games hahahaha fuck youuu hahahaha

This. It's not really a style either, outside of general "cartoon = more caricatured and exaggerated, anime = more idealized and simplified" which still fails to capture a lot of intricacies in any actual 'anime styles'.

based

much better
much worse

I don't know what to think of it but it's the only way I'll have to play the game and I'm glad it got ported on Switch. I was kinda hoping for it, refraining myself from playing 2 to play them in order.

I think it looks okay

...almost

I'm sure that one no-life loser is already thinking about what clip he's going to convert into a .webm and spam for the next four years.

I just want to see Malia suffer again. That shit was great. Robutt>>>>suffering>>>>>>>>melia suffering

Sorry but 1>2
The art style was better than 2
2 is trash
case close

Xeno games were always anime.

>XC2shitters can't cope with the fact they're gonna be irrelevant now that the superior first game is on Switch
>They've been reduced to falseflagging

Sad!

Neither of them are concept art, they're both final illustrations.

These faces look better than the ones they had in XC2, so I'm alright with it.

This scene was stupid fun, instead of just stupid, like XC2 cutscenes.
They embraced the ham, while XC2 does it unironically.

So are we witnessing a new genesis of shitposting where people who’ve never played a Xenoblade game will cause infighting and retarded debates like what is or isn’t anime?

Wow, have sex

>Sorry but 1>2
>The art style was better than 2
>2 is trash
All debatable and not relevant to this bait thread
The question is whether XB1 was anime, which it always was (despite some autists insisting it wasn't because the muddled down models they used in the wii and 3DS version were so low-res that some people forgot the concept art that inspired them had relatively shiny eyed kids with stupid clothing holding oversized magical swords with japanese characters on them)

She's getting the threesome ending, like Nia squeezed herself between Rex, Pyra and Mythra.

>xeno games were never anime

Attached: aaaaaaaaaaaaaa.jpg (352x240, 22K)

This so much!
I fuckin hate anime.
I'm an ironic weeb and hate anime but play anime shit anyway.

>irrelevant
>when most of the plot changes in XB1 are going to be a result of XB2
>They embraced the ham, while XC2 does it unironically.
what's the difference?

>what's the difference?

Resident Evil 4 vs Resident Evil 6

It's too bright, the original game had a very dark color scheme, fitting the fact that there was something very off about their world, you start to see shades of something very wrong the moment you go inside the Bionis at an early part of the game and see the almost fleshly insides.

It's a subtle sense of something unsettling going on sprinkled here and there, like you wouldn't be surprised if the game suddenly took a dark turn, I liked that about it.

>when most of the plot changes in XB1 are going to be a result of XB2
You're getting nothing outside of a slightly altered ending at most.

>mana 3 gets a full 3d remake despite no one asking for it
>xenogears fucking gets nothing despite everyone begging for it

What the hell is wrong with Square-enix?

Wow, that looks ten times better.

>what's the difference?
One enjoys what it sets out to do, while the other is just doing it for a quick buck to please those without standards.

What is this dance supposed to be?

Whoa, slow down there Pyrafag, this is a thread for the first game!

I wonder if they're gonna remove that line that practically spells out the games twist 5 minutes into the game.

>One enjoys what it sets out to do, while the other is just doing it for a quick buck to please those without standards.
At least based off of Takahashi's interviews, it seems he genuinely enjoyed making his shonen homage game.
It seems kind of pretentious to me to presume the intention of the creator, particularly since so much of that presumption is based on the choice of character artist

>thinking Alvis' origin as an Aegis won't be more clear
>thinking that there won't be more clear interaction between Galea and Klaus as Meyneth and Zanza to suggest their previous relationship
That being said, I doubt there will be that many plot changes in general, XB1 was very tightly paced to begin with.

the right is clearly the 3D models

which one?

it's clearly falseflagging but for the past two years there have been faggots who insist that XB1 was not anime, it was just an RPG made by people in japan who were somehow completely divorced from the influence of anime when making it

This. I dropped the game as soon as the guy did the dumb anime moves with his sword in the first cutscene.

This

Attached: 34CBDD6F-11BF-45D7-8FA8-AA3EE0867A63.jpg (725x1024, 84K)

What, how is it more anime? Because brighter colors? Because the eyes are kinda bigger? Explain

>Bros
I'm not your bro redditor

Reminder that Yea Forums is an anime board.
Submit or die.

And they never put SO2 or VP as PS1 classics for downloand. WTF SE?!

ummmm its not, sweetie
Yea Forums is moot's clone of 2chan, which is not strictly anime

>/pol/ppet detected
It's an anime board no matter how much you try to cover up history

people who picked up XB1 on Wii or 3DS and didn't realize that the game was trying to be anime because of the desaturated colors and low-definition models.
I cannot tell you how many people I talk to or how many reviews I heard of XB1 that talked about how "it was influenced by western rpgs" because the world was open and the characters "seemed" more serious or realistic (largely due to voice acting that never dipped below competent, which seems to be all you need to make the average person think that a character is better written than they actually are)

>Oh no! Not anime!

What has happened to this place? Why do you fags hate anime so much now?

Attached: HadEnough.gif (450x253, 997K)

The Xeno series has always been anime, though.

Chinese anime batman is better than real batman

Smug Fiora is the best

Newfags, mostly. Trying to get people to throw BASED! their way for posting what was (formerly) an unpopular opinion to hold on here.

Attached: 1537752955320.jpg (480x480, 19K)

The left side LITERALLY looks like they have fetal alcohol syndrome.

Newfags like
>476905073

yes it is???

Attached: 1556304880365.jpg (720x817, 58K)

>Less than 1 million purchases of Xenoblade on the Wii
>Yet we'll have people who have never played the game shitposting about things that never affected them

Fucking ridiculous.

But the art-style is actually all that matters when you call it "anime" You rarely call Final Fantasy anime because of the art

>Xenoblade isn't anime
Fuck you aren't one of us.

Attached: db27750ca2ed.gif (1200x655, 989K)

Until Xfags ever stop seething.

Shulk's new round, pale face and bigger head make him look like an eleven-year-old. Also, why is his hair yellow now?

It was always that color.

>girlfriend was just sliced to ribbons in front of you
>just stubbed your toe on a skirting board

I don't hate anime, I hate moeshit being injected where it doesn't belong.

I don't give a fuck about that. I'm just waiting to see HD images of Satorl Marsh

Attached: xenoblade-novelisation-030-trees.jpg (811x456, 200K)

>Retards can't critique the designs without using the words generic, anime, weebshit, or anything along those lines.

Attached: image.png (720x775, 454K)

I will now buy your game.

>you can't critique the designs without saying what you don't like about it
Wow, you're right.

the original artwork looks better but the models were complete fucking shit that made everyone look like neanderthals

>Buzzwords

they're too busy trying their hardest to kill it. Celine is sexy as hell in her new outfit on anamnesis at least. renewed my wife status with her. It's a treasure hunter getup.

I got an image like that user requested:

Original: imgur.com/Hmxi2gu

Attached: SX4E01-3.png (1280x699, 1.41M)

>The game in a series filled with cute cyborg girls and mecha.
>Not anime.
I know you're just fucking around. But c'mon son.

Attached: 1452804811456.jpg (483x422, 47K)

Caramello Dancin'.

Attached: sweeeeeet.jpg (580x580, 158K)

>xfag is still trying to destroy xeno threads even after getting on the mods' blacklist
Why?

This also where's the music on this thread, fucking OP nonsensical bitching, I'll do it myself: youtube.com/watch?v=TA7pFI4pEv0

Square is too prideful they'll never remake a game made by a man than left the company and makes their new games look like shit.

>can't eat solids for 3 months thanks to a dental appliance
>user posts my favorite candybar

Shit

>everyone begging for it
As far as the Twitter generation is aware, the Xeno series started at Xenoblade 1, and people old enough to have played Xenogears know better than to ask Square-Enix to remake it.

Some of the Square remakes are fine. I think Mana looks cool and the Dragon Quest Rereleases are usually cool. And some of the the classic Final Fantasy games have good remakes like 1 and 2 in the origins collection. 7 looks like ass though.

Top is soul
Bottom is soulless

Attached: 1567639021889.jpg (1892x1698, 421K)

Shhhh, don't tell that to the anime zoomers.

>if Square-Enix wanted it they would have to ask Nintendo to lend them Monolith Soft and make the game Nintendo exclusive or have somebody else do it which might be risky
>If Nintendo wanted to do it they should approach Square-Enix who likely gives 0 shits about it either way

Top is objective
Bottom is objective

I can only play the 3DS version. Is it worth playing? I played it before but got stuck on the first metalface fight
I’m not good at RPGs

>Top is the virgin realism
>Bottom is the Chad Anime

Nah, go for the Wii version or the Wii version on Wii U or just wait for the DE.

>tfw a bunch of fags on leddit are saying that Monolith should fire the Gears and Saga artist because his art "isn't Xeno" like XC1 art
Man, it sucks having XC1 as a favourite game in the series and having to share it with filthy secondaries.

>anime zoomers

I know this is bait but fuck off. This place was anime before it was taken over by whoever is responsible for the constant shitposting and contrarianism

>Greatly improved, denser grass
>Actually looking at the dragonfly
>Looks like a daydreaming wide-eyed youth, rather than a tired old man
It's just better really.

Attached: 1477333849519.png (477x724, 402K)

Anime fans have never had sex.

Is Yea Forums only for hating things? I saw this and thought it was awesome, come here expecting someone talking about it and of course it's just threads about how people hate it

>company does X
>someone will inevitably hate X
>thread crops up about it
This is Yea Forums's formula and there's literally nothing they can do to appease everyone. Someone will hate something and there will be a thread about that because fuck talking about how great something is

Wow, they're more redpilled than Yea Forums, they actually understand most Xeno games never had the same artist.

>if it's a thing I like, your complaints are buzzwords
Lots of people don't like the overly clean and flat new-school anime style. Even if we did like it, it would be for nought because this style doesn't translate well to 3D at all. The characters all look like plastic marionettes with weird semi-liquid faces. Overall I liked 2, but the visual style was my least favourite thing about it. It's not a "U JUST H8 ANIME LOL U DON'T BELONG HERE" thing either. I and a lot of older anime fans don't watch new anime. When things are altered to appeal to the modern anime fan, it just signifies another nail in the coffin for the old guard. That's why I'm displeased, anyway.

Was that descriptive enough for you?

Attached: dogbox.jpg (960x956, 77K)

I thought it was because the wii couldn't handle color

>This Chinese restaurant has too much Chinese food!
Fucking Yea Forums was founded by enthusiasts of Japanese entertainment and internet culture. The ones who hate anime here are the tourists who came in after "raids", exposure in the media, politics, social media, and etc... and for some reason called this place their home even though they have nothing in common with what was the greater community here.

This game needed a remake the least out of any game.

All it did was enable the false narrative by """Xeno""" fans that the original Xenoblade wasn't a Xeno game needed to be "fixed" by XC2.

are there actually gonna be shitposters on Yea Forums that are gonna pretend the original game looks better?
how long will this go on for?

Nah, Xenogears had a similar artstyle but Blade 2 zoomers never touched that, despite it being THE game to compare the entire series to as an example of what "Xeno" means.

>it's shitposting because I disagree with it
Fuck off zoomer.

It cannot be worst than the filthy Nintendo Direct French stream i watched where they kept screaming about BotW 2 when the Xenoblade 2 Main Theme piano notes started playing

Attached: Dolphin 2011-08-29 16-15-26-66.jpg (1920x1080, 121K)

Could someone explain to me what is the deal with this game being released? Wasn't it from the Nintendo Wii era? So could someone clarify? Not a Xeno fan. And why are people complaining about the graphics. Thanks in advance.

They didn't make the assets look like that because the Wii was shit. It didn't help the Wii only supported composite, but they didn't develop with that in mind. The game always had a slightly desaturated, earthy look to most of the Homs and even Nopon stuff to contrast with the mechs and shit.

> I and a lot of older anime fans
I hate it when you people pull this bullshit. Not every old anime was Outlaw Star or Ghost in the Shell. There was just as much "moeshit" in the 80s and 90s as there is now.

>This game needed a remake the least out of any game.
How do you measure this? It sounds like you're being quantifiable about it

Attached: gdhmbgt66qk31[1].jpg (4000x2250, 533K)

>You rarely call Final Fantasy anime because of the art
What? FF is (rightfully) called anime all the time, because it clearly is

Most if not all of the original cast is coming back, but I'm really glad that Alvis's has been confirmed early on

outsider here who never played this. left looks retarded, right looks generic. what a shitty game this must be

The worst part of XC1 was the low budget shit character models, now with that fixed it is the best JRPG ever made.

It literally just got the 3DS port and Smash Bros jerking off Shulk, X needed a Switch release if they ever want to make a sequel.

This game is the FF7 of Xeno, it's not giving any other games a chance.

A game considered to be one of the greatest JRPGs of the generation

>XBC2
Barely looks like the same character, wtf.

>FF is (rightfully) called anime all the time
By idiots. The characters have almost never been anime styled. Some people just associate "Anime" with "Japanese" because their vocabulary is limited as fuck

>Smash looks the best
Damn...

We'll get to finally explore this mystery town on Bionis' shoulder

Attached: SX4J01-20.png (1860x1016, 2.47M)

It was a low budget game. A low budget game on Wii no less.

Attached: shruglk.png (698x515, 209K)

That 3DS port is 4 years old now. I believe a re-release is justified because XB1 came out (in NA) right at the end of the Wii's lifespan, and the 3DS version was New 3DS exclusive.

summerfags and newfags who only watch fotm seasonal anime for the crazy twitter memes and not as actual pieces of media
it's what is meant by 'ironic weeb', that is people who don't enjoy japanese media earnestly as an actual story that you invest yourself in. Because being emotionally disconnected from fiction and media is cool unless it falls within specific parameters

They better not ruin whatever was supposed to be there with a shit ton of references to the sequel.

oh that genre. where you press the attack command in a menu against thousands of pigs and bats and whatever then the grand twist is that a god was pulling the strings. every time. you need downs to like jrpgs

>It literally just got the 3DS port
Which was a massive downgrade in every way

>X needed a Switch release
I'm sure it's coming, every other Wii U game is getting ported. This is more than a port, XBC is nearly 10 years old and it needed a face lift since not everyone has a PC and time to mod emulated games

It's getting a Switch remake/remaster. Those complaining think it's becoming "too anime", and is an unironic case of OLD GOOD NEW BAD. A lot of that sentiment for other rereleases is totally true, but the original's character models objectively look godawful, even at the time. So those complaining have to be a few persistent shitposters

It's uncertain how that was going to play on the story other than you were meant to make it there at certain point.

Attached: 1519061094343.jpg (1200x675, 131K)

>summerfags and newfags who only watch fotm seasonal anime for the crazy twitter memes and not as actual pieces of media

It's better than watching fotm seasonal anime and actually thinking it's good.

The 3DS port was fucking stupid, and a downgrade in every way. Everyone recommended those interested to disregard it completely and play the Wii (or Dolphin) version. This absolutely deserves a nice, official HD port

>I'm sure it's coming
It's not, too expensive.

If FE# was worthwhile, XCX is. Ports aren't like making a new game

Stop pretending to not know what I'm talking about. Of course there was cutesy stuff in the 80s and 90s. Thing is, they kept it separate from the serious action stuff, which they no longer do. If you showed me a character headshot from a modern action anime alongside the latest FotM moeshit slice-of-life show, I wouldn't be able to tell you which is which. Also, this has nothing to do with the "anime style" in general shifting to a more cutesy look, which it has.

youtube.com/watch?v=9HJt_4lPnQY

Some people prefer playing long RPGs on a portable system, and the 3D effect was actually pretty nice in certain areas.

Takahashi said it'd cost too much because of how massive the game is and I'm not sure if XCX sold more than TMS. Also Atlus is involved with TMS too.

>It literally just got the 3DS port
>literally just got t
It came out 10 April 2015. So the 3DS port is 4 years old. But that's ok to feel time screwed by 3DS games. Just look at Fates feeling like it was released just motnhs ago, while it was released June 25, 2015

Attached: 1495834975870.gif (510x510, 690K)

Wow you either know nothing about the game or this is bait

I think I'm going to replay Xenoblade Chronicles 2 again soon. It'll give me something to do while I wait for 1's rerelease. Feels good to be a Xeno fan right now

Attached: 5ad9bf24cfa71b9d49af024d6143bef6ec363528.jpg (1002x1523, 189K)

Artstyle looks too glossy, generic, and "cute".
It's not Xenoblade 2 bad, but they could have done way better.

I honestly wonder what those "It looks like Xeno now" fags would be saying if they used the same artstyle but updated the models.

That is simply a consequence of the shift to digital animation from hand drawn. The same thing happened with western animation.

Here's your (You)

The CalArts epidemic wasn't caused by the animation shift, and neither is the stagnation of anime artstyles.

>too cute
user...

Attached: Riki.png (802x1137, 714K)

>if they used the same artstyle but updated the models.
that "artstyle" was a DIRECT RESULT of the shoddy models and textures

If Takahashi himself signed off on this, then what makes you think you know better

Do you idiots enjoy anything?

XB1 had gorgeous environments, but the faces looked like shit. This is a massive improvement.

Honestly other than the face XBC looks the best.

Goddamn, I'm so happy it'll get a third chance on the Switch, ideally with more visibility.
I hope Nintendo really pushes it, seeing how well XB2 did with just a bit of advertisement has me hopeful
Not the point. The point is they consume anime on the assumption that it's just meant to be wacky and that anime, innately, cannot have depth because they don't consume media for the sake of having an empathic and possibly intellectual experience, they consume it as a social practice, to participate in something's in-jokes.
So you get all the 'ironic' weebs watching Shield Hero for it's isekai and "lol so edgy rape accusation" but fewer people watching Mob Psycho II (despite all the Yea Forums threads). Not as a knock against Shield Hero but the reason people watch that or the Goblin Slayer anime is because there's jokes to be made about it, not because they want to get invested in characters or plot lines.

First of all, what a developer says in some interview is meaningless. It's not a bible, it's a fucking interview.
Second:
>"Personally speaking, I'd love to play the game on the Switch, but it would be really difficult to make it," Takahashi told USGamer. When asked why it would be such a problem, he simply laughed and replied "Money. It's a massive game. Re-creating it would be really difficult."
Nothing here is stating that they're not making it, just that making it "would be difficult". There's far more hurdles involved in what they're doing with XB1 than a XCX port and it would cost a fraction of the price, so there's absolutely nothing you can read into here.

Developers are also unlikely to reveal anything like this and pre-empt Nintendo's announcement which is supposed to generate buzz. Difficult to do if you spoil everything.

I can 100% guarantee you that X is coming to Switch. There's no conceivable reality where they'll skip it

I reccomend playing Torna too if you haven't.

Attached: b8c[1].jpg (811x1200, 152K)

I need to beat the DLC for 2
Trying to cook these fucking dishes for these fucking birds

>Cute character looks cute
>This means all the characters should look cute
Why do you kids need to be smartasses all the time?

On a side note, see that bigass scar? there's a joke there, it contrasts his cute design.

>le zoomer insult
I played Ultima when it was new buddy, Xenoblade 1 looked like complete ass for its time, it looked as bad or worse than FFX and released around the time FFXII came out. The environments were cool as fuck but the characters and textures looked awful compared to contemporary titles, largely because the Wii was a shitty console but shit man, Xenosaga III had better looking character models than XBC did on PS2.

Nothing about Xenoblade ever looked low budget. It's a massive game, and being on the Wii makes it even more impressive. Not to mention, it's like Mario Galaxy for example, at a better resolution, it still looks fucking phenomenal and holds up graphically (minus the character models)

>he never saw official artwork beyond character models

Attached: 322a8218e6f2e92a76d29b532988195f[1].jpg (900x900, 120K)

This, especially considering they ported fucking TMS #FE which, while a good game, I'm sure was less popular than XBX
Going off of """VGChartz""", TMS sold 0.33 million where XBX sold 0.8 million
I'm sure the XB1 remake is more of trying to get the whole franchise on a single system than ignoring XBX

>you kids

Attached: Based and redpilled.png (700x480, 36K)

We're not talking about the models here.

That artstyle in OP's pic isn't accurately represented in the designs on the right, it has much darker shading, and more realistic features.

>If Takahashi himself signed off on this, then what makes you think you know better
You can say this about literally every single developer that ever existed, why should Takahashi get a free pass and not people like Sakurai, or Kojima?

I can see them trying to make XCX more relevant, even. Strum up support for the series with 1+2 and then release the Wii U game no one got to play

>So you get all the 'ironic' weebs watching Shield Hero for it's isekai and "lol so edgy rape accusation" but fewer people watching Mob Psycho II (despite all the Yea Forums threads). Not as a knock against Shield Hero but the reason people watch that or the Goblin Slayer anime is because there's jokes to be made about it, not because they want to get invested in characters or plot lines

Do you have a source for any of this at all?
By this same logic, wouldn't they enjoy XC2 for the "Japanese humor" meme, and the fact that Etika liked it?

>"would be really difficult"
Which means that at the current time they aren't working on it, sure they could do it, but they aren't doing it anytime soon and maybe never.

I haven't played it yet actually. I've been so busy with my new job and health issues that I haven't had time for anything lately. I'm currently playing Final Fantasy 1 for the first time if you can believe that. I'll probably start on it after.

Now if only we could get an uncensored X port

Attached: 55ae7c5d4ebc6e650d4db677ed8b03804d6c4a12.jpg (1200x1695, 195K)

Can't wait to have to see Pyra's ugly face in XC1 threads now.

>This, especially considering they ported fucking TMS #FE which, while a good game, I'm sure was less popular than XBX
TMS #FE had no chance thanks to the censorship,the idol storyline being too Japanese to a Western audience, SMT being niche as fuck in the first place and being released on the Wii U.

I really hope that we will get an uncensored release this time.

Attached: 1567285856672.jpg (1182x921, 230K)

Exactly
Build a new-generation Xenoblade fanbase that has played 1 and 2 and can say they've played the entire franchise (an issue a lot of long-running story-centric series face since many fans don't want to be lost on what's happening).
Then release XBX, which will really wow people and even allude to the next Xenoblade installment (be that XB3 or XBX2) with it.
Build something that you can get invest into without havig to own 3 different systems, same thing SquEnix tried to do with KH

I always post Xeno girls in Xeno threads

If you act like a punkass kid, I'm gonna call you a kid, it's that simple.

>retards all over the internet basically try to ban criticism of things that they like; act like absolutely everything is perfect and anyone who disagrees is just kicking up shit
>DURRR DURRR WAIT I KNOW
>IF BANNING CRITICISM IS STUPID, THEN BANNING PRAISE IS SMART

Sometimes, the inverse of stupid is just a different kind of stupid.

Then leave. The rest of your posts indicate that you're not even interested in talking about XC1 to begin with, so it would be a win-win situation.

The art you posted still has the darker tone and facial structure as the original, it doesn't look like the new artwork at all.

>The rest of your posts
Are you a janny or something?

I'll buy it again but I hope Takahashi gets to put in the original ending, and they tie it all together as well as 2 did. I'm honestly more excited for 3 since Soraya is apparently coming back.

Attached: hello there.png (1280x720, 1.13M)

Careful guys, don't prick yourselves on this badass.

Attached: Intense eyes.png (476x507, 406K)

Of course they could head to XC3 after XCDE.

>yfw as an extra challenge Shulks meets up with another Monado wielder

Attached: 7c9[1].jpg (1285x2000, 619K)

>Developers are also unlikely to reveal anything like this and pre-empt Nintendo's announcement which is supposed to generate buzz.
This, holy shit. Things never get announced in regular ass interviews.

I'm not pretending to be some badass, I'm just tired of people acting like children to prove a point, it's like liberals on twitter that use childish words because acting like an adult is too serious and problematic for their quirky unique selves.

I don't, it's mostly on my own observations of what people at work and in college watched and how they decided what they watched. Usually some gram/twitter influencer or youtube channel would post a clip or somethinf of a show (say, Kardashian posting 02 from Darling in the fuck) and then everyone jumps on it (or at least the first 3 episodes).
It's a pretty easy to observe phenomena with even other things, though for western media the investment is more earnest than cynical, but you see a similar group mentality towards shit like GoT and the MCU
>By this same logic, wouldn't they enjoy XC2 for the "Japanese humor" meme, and the fact that Etika liked it?
So, two points.
First, you did see a lot of attention from streamers following that pattern for XB2 when it came out, lots of people streaming and having Pyra's tits on the thumbnail and shit. But we weren't neccesarily talking about people liking XB2 but people talking about XB1 being ruined by the new style being too anime, associating their inability to take media seriously with how much it resembles other things they have decided not to take seriously.
Secondly though, Etika was actually not very ironic in his playthrough of XB2. He seemed (at least on the surface) to be genuinely invested in the characters and plot and earnestly enjoy it. He was taken out of it by the weak voice acting at times (like most people were) but he did make a real effort to give himself over to it and enjoy its story unironically.

>Soraya is apparently coming back.
What makes you say that?

XC was anime as fuck but I dislike the new more pastel-y artstyle they're going for. It's going from a 90s anime look to a late 2010s anime look and I am not a fan.

However the environments and draw distance of the game being improved way, way more than make up for that. Plus even if I dislike the new artstyle at least the character models won't be disgusting abominations like the first game.

Attached: [Underwater] Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt 12 - D.C. Confidential - Panty and Brief (BD 720p) [ (1280x720, 168K)

I'd really love for Elma, Ganglion Skells, Rex/Pyra/Mythra, Nia/Dromarch, Tora/Poppi and Torna to show up as super-bosses. I fucking loved the Heropon challenge in the XB2 DLC

>going from a 90s anime look to a late 2010s anime look
You have no clue what the fuck you're talking about

she changed her twitter header to a picture of a business card saying "Soraya Saga, Screenwriter" but she technically is a screenwriter even if she hasn't written shit since Saga

>you did see a lot of attention from streamers following that pattern for XB2 when it came out, lots of people streaming and having Pyra's tits on the thumbnail and shit
As long as you actually admit it.
So many goddamn XC2fags on this board don't like admitting the fact that ironic weeb secondaries latched onto the game.

Her twitter

Attached: not a dream.jpg (1500x500, 34K)

>Build a new-generation Xenoblade fanbase that has played 1 and 2 and can say they've played the entire franchise
>Then release XBX
That seems more like it would just lead to a repeat of X's reception where people hate it for not being the same as the previous games, only this time there's even more precedence for hating it thanks to two games having the same formula.

Huh, interesting

>Using a basic, old meme is acting like a child
It's okay if you've had a rough day, just relax with something to drink and netflix or something.

Attached: 1450580544973.jpg (853x480, 80K)

Just finished Xenoblade 2 what a ride. Should I jump straight into Torna?

this, its basically newfags and zoomers from twitter.

>It's going from a 90s anime look to a late 2010s anime look and I am not a fan
This right here, is why XC2 needed to be called out, you just couldn't admit the artstyle was bad, you guys just HAD to defend literally everything about it.

Just discovered evasion buildfor Rex on my replay, gave him Mòrag and Aegaeon with pentagon chips (+50 evasion) plus that 30%+ evasion ascesory to give rev around 500 agility (at level 80). Combine it with maxed foresight and affinity aux cores and I’m almost unhittablle it’s pretty fun. If they do hit me I simply use crit heal to go back to full health spamming arts in seconds. Love how badly this breaks the game

Probably, or you could go for the Land of Challenge stuff w/ Shulk + Fiora and later Elma. Maybe stock up on Legendary Core Crystals for a NG+ so you can roll for the NG+ Blades.

>thread is about XC1
>"FUCKING XC2FAGS AND THEIR SHITTY XC2 FUCKING IRONIC WEEBS WITH THEIR PYRA ETIKA XC2 SHIT"
Why are all your subjects like this?

You wouldn't have used that meme in any other context, so of course I took it that way.

Attached: 7a5[1].jpg (2672x1662, 2.6M)

>plural.
Is just one faggot, trying to cause shit again like he has been doing for two years. With all his shitposting strategies banned, he has been reduced to falseflagging.

Sharla and Shulk look like different characters here.
Everyone else is fine though.

Do this then Torna. You can always go straight for Torna since doing that won't affect it but yeah.

I wouldn't use that meme any other place than here to begin with. If it makes you feel better I've never used Twitter or Facebook, ever. I should be heading to bed by now anyway, so you have a nice evening user. Don't let shitposting get to you.

Attached: 66699323_p0.png (996x655, 837K)

>he has been reduced to falseflagging
How so?

Reyn's face complexion looks a little different too(disregarding his reaction), what's mostly different about Sharla is the hair.

Alright, thanks for the advice. Guess I will prep for ng+

finally fiora actually looks fuckable

Please explain. Obviously I'm making a generalization about older/newer anime but the fact still stands that the artstyle has a softer palette and "cuter" features than the original concept art was going for.

It's not quite as bad as Xenoblade 2 but it's still not a direction I'd prefer.

I like XB2 but I have a huge love/hate relationship with it, I feel like the story is painfully bad/cringe especially when compared to the excellence that is XB1's story but people just overlook it. I have more of an issue with that than the artstyle, I wouldn't mind the art if the overall story/writing quality was just better.

Attached: melia concept art.jpg (846x950, 148K)

Yes, I know full well who it is. But the fucking absurdity that now when he got what he wanted, a different game finally being in the spotlight, he STILL does literally nothing except shitpost about XC2. Dumbass fucking hypocrite.

>game markets to weebs specifically by having a self-insert pathetic MC in Rex and a big titty fetish waifu character in Pyra/Mythra
>being surprised that ironic weebs like the game.

Attached: 1514154167121.png (559x566, 612K)

>XB1's story is excellence
>Uses cringe as an actual argument
How to not get taken seriously 101.

2's artstyle was not a problem at all. It actually looked great, and was one of the things the game did right. It's the least good Xenoblade still an 8.5/10 game though, but the anime, tiddies, and anime tiddies did not make the game worse. As long as the XC1 remaster keeps the combat system, customizable gear, and actually good story, it'll be the best of both worlds.

Attached: 1567645053507.jpg (1000x1000, 223K)

>ironic weeb
what is going on in this thread

>a different game finally being in the spotlight
With XC2fags falseflagging to make it look bad, and saying retarded shit like "It finally looks like a Xeno game now"

I'm not gonna let that shit get by without calling it out.

See, you're redpilled.
But the majority of that game's defenders, like 80% of the people on Yea Forums that post about it, would gang up your post if you attempted to say that in one of the waifu threads.

Xfag trying to destroy a thread for a game he supposedly likes.

Why does every discussion of Xeno games always devolves to how anime/not anime it is?
Why are you fucks so insecure? It's okay to like anime, don't worry.

And look what happened to the thread because of your obsession. You fucking idiot.

I just didn't want to go in depth explaining it but "cringe" is one of the few words I can use to describe it. It has moments of brilliance but it also has:

>an unironic scene where big titty hot girl wakes up next to the main character and blushes and slaps him, played straight with 0 irony
>random anime sweat drops in a 3D environment
>a party member who has huge chuunibyo and spouts about being a super awesome chadman ballsack
>a generic tsundere played completely straight
>a character with a maid fetish who makes a maid and they both speak in retardspeak
>a chapter where a furball fuck who speaks like a retard makes giant fighting maid robots who also speak like retards and every single main player of the entire fucking chapter speaks like a retarded Nopon fuck god damn I fucking hate Nopons and their stupid fuzzball cunts
>a character confessing "I LOVE YOU" to the MC out of nowhere just for him to be dense and say "haha i love you too as a friend haha"
>the cutie cutie moe dance or whatever

They pull out every single generic anime trope in the book, played completely straight. That's the only way I can describe that is "cringe". It's cliche, it's unoriginal, it's pandery, and it's not enjoyable to witness in the slightest.

Xenoblade 2 is a great game but it seems like they tried explicitly way too hard to sell copies to the boners of 14 year old weebs. I can overlook that for everything else the game does right but it's just disappointing, because XC1's storytelling was near-flawless.

Attached: fuck furballs.jpg (650x650, 44K)

You should see how bad atelier or valkyria chronicles threads get.

Please don't fan the fanbase war flames even further

user, Xbc1 and Xbc2 are connected to the point you could say they are "one game". He would have "won" if it was a xbx port instead as he could shitpost the civil war, but xbc1 getting more relevant unironically makes xbc2 more relevant too, hell, this remake pretty sure will iron up the connections between the two games, expect klaus scene to be changed to fit the xb2 version. Xbc1 remake is literally the worst thing that could have happened to that faggot.

Nobody wants to think about why that started happening, they refuse to accept the opposition's argument, and already believe what they want to believe.

There's a reason that argument never started coming up until XC2, and deep down inside, everyone knows it, because they're now saying the same shit about the new artstyle.

>I don't like it so it's cringe

because most of Yea Forums is in high school and it stopped being cool to like anime after the ironic weeb legion took over.

I did that by responding to the questions asked to me.
It's not my fault that everyone gangs up on my posts and derails the argument into their favorite boogeyman.

It's a good anime like those full length from 90s early 00s while xenoblade 2 is like that konosuba anime or sword art online.

nice cameltoe reyn

nigger fuck you, I know you did not bother to read that post at all. Go castrate yourself with a rusty pairing knife you worthless troll cunt.

So how shitposted will the prison island scene be this time around
>GUYS I CHANGED MY MIND
>REVENGE MEANS WE ARE AS BAD AS THE MACHINES NOW

Can't decide if westerncuck or resetera.

Attached: 7f3[1].jpg (300x300, 25K)

>>an unironic scene where big titty hot girl wakes up next to the main character and blushes and slaps him, played straight with 0 irony
"but XB1 does this too! Melia in Makna Forest is unironically, completely the same thing!"
>ignores how the scenes play out completely differently right down to how the characters make up immediately in XB1 but blames the protagonist who didn't do anything in XB2

Attached: CluelessFluidFlyinglemur.webm (1186x616, 431K)

But it was a Xenoblade 2 defender that used the term "ironic weeb" before anyone else.

have you actually heard anyone try to use that as an argument? Because christ that is stupid.

should I play this version or the one with the texture pack on dolphin?

Look the posts under my last post, that faggot is going again desperately trying to set up another falseflag operation.

>A game where the Nopon exist
>Not anime
???

You sound upset user.

texture pack on dolphin honestly could be debated to look worse than the original game. I would just wait for this version if I were you, pretty much every flaw XB1 had was related to the Wii's hardware.

I never understood that argument, she doesn't even slap him, she just kinda pushes him back, and it wasn't played for laughs at all.

Sorry to tell you this but xbc1 getting spotlight will only make xbc2 get even more spotlight too. For fuck sake, both games happen at the same time and their originas are the same.

This version.

>a chapter where a furball fuck who speaks like a retard makes giant fighting maid robots who also speak like retards and every single main player of the entire fucking chapter speaks like a retarded Nopon fuck god damn I fucking hate Nopons and their stupid fuzzball cunts
wow who would've thought the robots designed by Nopon's would be programmed to utilize their own dialect. christ dude, Poppi even brings this shit up at one point saying that she prefers Nopon dialect because "it takes out all the useless words".

>make up immediately
Nigger what Melia was a turbocunt to Shulk for like an entire hour after that. Bitch still had a chip on her shoulder over that up until her dad died.

Hell X2 had an apology to Rex in literally the very next scene.

I know no one here bothered to play X to completion, but there's a scene in Nagi's final affinity mission in X that is straight from a fucking anime.

Attached: Nagi goes anime.webm (854x480, 2.61M)

xD u mad bro u mad bro

yes I'm upset, this is the board of rage. Know the culture you bitch phaced phaggot.

Attached: 1527204225651.jpg (328x277, 18K)

Replace "pancakes" with XC2, and this is you on the left.

Attached: pancakelord.jpg (816x1356, 238K)

Nothin personell

there's nothing wrong with the games being anime, they always have been, I just hate shitty harem anime cliches.

I'm aware of why the robots sound like that. That doesn't make an entire 10 hour long chapter based around joke characters any less obnoxious.

>Xenoblade 1 remake that will rework scenes to make the connections to xenoblade 2 more stronger and logical.
>"he got what he wanted"
No, he got his worst nightmare and we are going to suffer because it.

Furbies aren't anime tropes.
It's like saying Fallout is anime because it has a mascot character in Vault Boy

Nigger what? Anime is literally just Japanese animation.

Multiple times, actually.

u fucking wot?

Attached: anime definition.png (796x199, 10K)

That's a strange fear to have.
>Hey look Dunban, it's the ancient village of Finch

Attached: brib.jpg (900x750, 100K)

>X isn't full of harem anime cliches
Literally every girl party member in the game is willing to slob on your knob. Hell, one of the post-game quests has you form a Definian harem around yourself, and they even start fighting over who gets to fuck you.

Attached: 1482776825290.jpg (1280x720, 434K)

>cringe
When did Yea Forums start unironically using fucking tumblr words.

Attached: 1547792718942.jpg (953x1282, 110K)

No they're not. The armors for XB1 were designed first, then the character designs, and the 2D character bust artwork in XB1 was just the 3D models retouched with added details.

I love xenoblade, but come on user the textures and character models are total ass, even the armour sets were cringe to use

>Only major playable asian male takes out a Katana and teleports behind people while quoting the chuuni from the first game to save his nakama

It's a joke, one you missed because you prefer unsubtlety in you JRPG cutscenes.

>Some people prefer playing long RPGs on a portable system
So then, it should be on the Switch.

Now he is trying to get X into this...

What? Who is talking about X, I literally did not mention X. X is absolutely full of anime cliches but I didn't play it so I'm not talking about it.

It always was you blithering moron.

see? is that faggot trying to cause shit.

>aimed at adults
What retard wrote this?

Are people seriously pretending like the xeno series wasn't anime as fuck before?

Attached: xenog4.png (1440x1080, 64K)

Ok, you made me laugh.

Attached: f0f[1].jpg (800x750, 118K)

i hope you choke on the laughter you nigger

I'm just saying that Xenoblade games have always been anime and have always been using these cliches. I don't give a rat's ass about your persecution complex you abhorrent shitposter.

>Literally every girl party member in the game is willing to slob on your knob.
Alexa only has interest in skells, Lin is underage and sees you as family, Elma shittalks you if you try to hit on her, Irina and Murderess arguably, Hope is implied to crush on you. That's hardly "literally every girl party member".

Literally none of this comes up in the main story either besides maybe Lin seeing you as family and the Delfinian quest is one of two possible quests depending on whether you destroy or reprogram Fortun, so it's not even going to be in everyone's playthrough.

Mecha anime > harem slice of life isekai

Zoomers who didn't grow up when anime was cool.

All 1 and 2 shitflinging is actually X niggers.

They are just asshurt no one liked their shitty game and are trying to cope with the fact no one wanted to remaster it.

Attached: 1540572153034.png (600x600, 517K)

>animation
>also occasionally rendered polygons in video games
>OH WAIT, NOT THAT
Idiot.

Alexa is a DLC party member and barely interacts with the cast. Your assumption that Lin sees you as family is also probably misplaced, considering she writes fapfics about skells, so she's already past the stage of needing parental figures. Elma also goes all mushy on you in the post game, though not necessarily romantically. Murderess, Hope, and Mia are a definitely, though.

No, is just that faggot again, actual xfags made him lose his shit and spam porn which finally got him banned, now mods have him in the black list and cannot do his usual strategies anymore.

Jesus, your persecution complex is fucking strong.

Attached: 1565754019838.jpg (2280x1612, 672K)

what do you think moves those polygons

OH RIGHT, ANIMATION

YOU FUCKING NIGGER
YOU FUCKING DOUBLE NIGGER
YOU FUCKING TRIPLE DOUBLE NIGGER

FUCKING

[ ] TOLD
[ ] NOT TOLD
[X] TOLDEN AXE
[X] STAR WARS: KNIGHTS OF THE TOLD REPUBLIC

You aren't fooling anyone zoomy

Attached: 242068.jpg (507x90, 15K)

>People using the word anime by itself to describe anything

Ah yes, it looks too much like it fits into a medium that contains everything from Ghibli movies to "My Wife Is the Dungeonmaster's Henchman!". I'm sure that'll lead to very productive conversations.

Attached: 1529468634247.png (1500x1500, 504K)

>we're all animated corpses
>real life is literally anime
Again, idiot.

>mfw that new Monado form
I really hope they don't plan on turning the Monado into some XBC2 looking shit weapon

Attached: 1559931124167.jpg (320x231, 14K)

Attached: 1517730549811.png (1280x720, 2.02M)

Generic modern anime is absolutely a fucking "style" shut the fuck up you retarded fucks. When people say "anime" in this context that's what they're talking about. You"re not even arguing that what they're saying is wrong, just pointlessly trying to correct a point that they're not even making.

I don't think anyone denied that, but the people who actually LIKED the game beyond it's FOTM value liked it for reasons that had less to do with its overt anime aspects and more because of the characters and story and world and gameplay itself.
And again, this was less a point about XB2 and more a point about how XB1 was interpreted by it's own following of vocal secondaries vs how it was meant to be (that is to say, people who claim it wasn't anime-esque originally vs the fact that all concept art and influences point to it being very anime-esque) but refuse to admit that because it would mean they would have to stop thinking of anime, as a medium, as entirely kitsch and low-brow and shallow because something of anime-influence resonated with them

Don't post a mary sue to make your point next time.

nice argument fagtron you sure convinced me with those hot opinions

Looks much better now

Well there was at least one more Monado in XC2 and it looked sorta similar. Also it's possible there're more replica Monados. Or just more "stages" for Monado.

My life is anime, yes

You say that, but the waifu porn dumps want on way longer than a month, and actually outlived the discussion of the actual game.

this guy considers dark souls a JRPG because it was made in japan

>Xenoblade 2 is a great game but it seems like they tried explicitly way too hard to sell copies to the boners of 14 year old weebs. I can overlook that for everything else the game does right but it's just disappointing, because XC1's storytelling was near-flawless.
I won't deny that XB1's storytelling is better than XB2's but the actual writing quality of their stories is the inverse for me, since I find that XB2 ends up successfully (to my own surprised) juggling many themes and tying them together where XB1 had a laser-focus on a singular one (that is the theme of Hatred/Fear of the Other)

>used to think smashfags were the worst
>that's obviously still true
>but xenofags are now quite up there
way to go fags

I don't care about concept art, I can about the product that made it to shelves.
XenoB:R is unabashedly more "modern anime" than XenoB and the result is questionable. We'll have to see what it looks like when it comes out

Then it'd probably help to say "generic modern anime", maybe specify a genre or some examples.

saying that there is not a consistent trend and similarity between many modern seasonal anime artstyles is completely retarded

He's not wrong
A pizza made in Japan is J-pizza

Will this game have the same disparity between player character models and non story related NPC's that 2 did?

It's not a joke given that it was made in Japan by Japanese people who think that shit is actually cool (because it is)
Just because YOU laughed at it doesn't mean it was meant entirely as a joke.

The first one did too to an extent.

rent free

Yeah man stuff like One piece and Re:Stage! are totally the same!

>being obtuse on purpose when you know exactly what is being talked about
oh yes clearly when someone is saying something is "too anime" they're talking about it looking too much like cowboy bebop and ping pong

Attached: 1538715270870.jpg (500x500, 41K)

Whenever someone says "too anime" it means "it doesn't look cool and mature like myself"

>literally moving the goalposts

I would argue that's the case for every Xenoblade game.
We had melia vs fiora threads more often than we had any discussion about Xenoblade itself (for the handful of threads that were about Xenoblade before XBX came out and derailed that with its own waifu-posting and XB1 vs XBX shitflinging)
That's more of a factor of waifu-culture in general wherein the people most vocal in any sub-community are the most autistically attached to single aspects or characters. Obviously XB2 had a lot more of that with having a more prolific artist (and hentai-artist) helming its main characters but that, again, has little bearing on the fact that the intention of all three Xeno games was to be like anime, but to be like different genres

>game is going great
>suddenly Spike stat is introduced
>combat is now permanently a slog
why?

>It's not a joke given that it was made in Japan by Japanese people who think that shit is actually cool
Are you one of those neo-weeaboos that think the Japanese are literally too stupid to poke fun at themselves?

This make sound like a bizarre statement, but I've seen it so often.

Hard to say
XB1 didn't have that because everything was equally muddy though your characters were dressing more stylishly than any of the others
On the other hand, it seems that Monolith Soft's team (be it their A, B or C team) has much more time and bandwidth to work on this game since shit like the story, world design and core mechanics are already done so I imagine most of the work is being spent on new assets and engine optimization

That was Xfag's attempt at deflecting away from your initial point about secondaries and you fell for it hook, line and sinker

Dunbanposting happened way more than waifuposting.

You can't say the same for Zekeposting.

Also there was never a selection of posters as cancerous as Niaposters.

>as well as children

the series is literally inspired by anime of different genres so it always comes off as a redundant complaint

people call the haremshit in XB2, the overthetop nonsense from the Nagi scene and the general revenge plot of XB1 "anime". it's gonna lead to to misunderstandings like immediately

You seem to know a lot about him, almost like...
a fan, if you will.

>476917431
And now we have confirmation that that faggot is trully here.

>trully

Generic anime comes across as low effort and tacky in my eyes, an attempt at styling towards a fad that is trendy because it's cheap and effective. It's not popular because it's good but because something good had the same style incidentally and others try to copy it by proximity. It reminds me a lot of the ramen aisle at the grocery store. There's good ramen but it's not something you can buy off the shelf, all of that is just cheap empty calories try to pass as an actual meal

Why can't we all just get along as Xenobros? I don't want yet another fanbase for a vidya game series I enjoy to be plagued with pointless "gen wars" and spiteful shit-flinging.

Attached: __elma_and_lynlee_kuu_xenoblade_chronicles_x_and_etc_drawn_by_shioaji_siolog__sample-be737a1794065a7 (850x540, 180K)

I'm not but XBX had tons of scenes of similar action that were meant to be taken in an earnest fashion and while that one was a little more dissonant in that it was a commander doing it rather than a field operative like Rook or Elma or any of the others, it still seemed largely appropriate given the other cutscenes in the game.
youtu.be/Qm3Jqe5q_QQ
I'm sure it was meant to be a humorous aspect but I thought it was more in WHO was doing the combat rather than the choreography of the fighting itself

>Food analogy

We will once a mod wakes up.

This is literally nothing wrong with a game being weebshit.

Attached: kanna with a small tophat.jpg (795x946, 96K)

Niafags need to die, I agree
I don't remember meliafags being quite so persistent, but that may be down to a lack of fanart more than anything else.

that stuff is popular because it's like 30 cents a bag and no other reason
it's not even attempting to emulate real ramen and most people (outside japan) eating it have probably never eaten real ramen in their life

It has always been "anime", retard.

You're like that piece of popcorn shell stuck between my teeth right at the gumline

Insecure normalfags can't accept that though

>Are you one of those neo-weeaboos that think the Japanese are literally too stupid to poke fun at themselves?
Are you someone who doesn't realize that Takahashi is an otaku and every game he's ever made was written for the purpose of being for otaku?

>most people (outside japan) eating it have probably never eaten real ramen in their life
A good analogy then

Attached: 1535419597773.png (499x338, 38K)

Even campy scenes are still serious, that's kind of the point.

It felt like it knew it was cliche, but still loved doing it, all of X felt like a campy sci-fi movie, yet the scenes like the bedroom scene in XC2 just felt like they put it in there solely to meet the fanservice quota, one felt like a group of people laughing during a quiet meeting discussing what to put in, whereas the other was just looking at popular trends for a sale.

The original Blade was somewhat like this too, but it was their first game on a Nintendo console, so I forgave it.

epic reaction pic dude but watch this

Attached: bkub7.jpg (499x338, 33K)

The differences really are nuanced. But nuances are important. Afterall, it's the small details that distinguish a style. But here are a few things to note
The original faces had more size appropriate noses for their faces. Their nose bridges were more pronounced. Lips were fully realized, with the corners of their mouths receding into their round cheeks. Brows ridge protruded contouring with the bridge of their nose, thus casting shadow around the eyes. All of these things are natural aspects of the human face, which work to show expression.

While the new faces are more technically proficient, it stripped away all nuance. Slimmed their noses so they're basically just lines on their faces. Weakened nose bridge. Made the brow ridge more shallow with no shadow. Thinned the lips and cheeks. Pretty much removed all the aspects of the face that can convey true emotion on the face. So they have to emote like emojis do. Using symbolic gestures to express emotion, rather than natural face articulation.

It's hard to explain to people who don't have an eye for it. But basically, the "anime" people are complaining about, is the sterilization of the style. Were you prioritize neatness, and cleanliness over expression and articulation.

Take for example the works of Satoshi Kon. He was a man who always regarded the character in human faces. And his characters always had such great expressions, because they articulated their faces in a way that actual people do, except more exaggerated. His work is anime, but it's not "anime" anime.

Attached: tokyo-godfathers-hana-miyuki-and-gin.jpg (1400x756, 109K)

You didn't hear this from me, but he literally lost his mod status because he kept banning everyone with a similar IP to xfag.

No X felt like a campy indie demo reel of unfinished nonsense that half of it wasn't even voices over and it was filmed with a single tripod camcorder.
X's story is trash

HAHAHAHAHA LOLOLOL XD come the fuck on. A. No fucking way top is real. Holy fuck those faces are fucking atrocious. B. Bottom is superior. Gt over it faggots.

Literally the same art style just cleaned up, rot. Xenoblade1 was ALWAYS anime. shitty/gritty textures from limited hardware =/= gritty realism.

Otaku can still shit on themselves, even the word itself was originally derogatory.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO IT'S ANIME SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP IT WAS ALWAYS THE SAME THERE'S NO DIFFERENCE STOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOP

Attached: 1538625924804.jpg (319x319, 6K)

>His work is anime, but it's not "anime" anime.

Attached: 1471031253030.png (763x960, 375K)

Not even the point of the argument, but whatever.
It didn't need 13 hours of cutscenes to tell it's story, which is exactly why it was so good.

>missing the point this hard

can you help me learn to understand human facial anatomy and appreciate the minute differences that make up a person's unique face better user
I am so bad I need help

It's really annoying. I enter these threads because I like the series but each time I read the posts here I get spiteful. Shit's unhealthy.

>Posting normalfag shit like Pop Meme Epic to make a point
You're proving him right.

Attached: 1567730433587.png (520x615, 55K)

Just three sentences before that, I explain what that means. So why are you confused?

it didn't tell its story, maybe 13 hours of cutscenes would have helped

A lot of the shows that all look the same, were worked on by the same people. All DEEN shows look kinda alike, all KyoAni shows looked kinda alike, etc.

>yet the scenes like the bedroom scene in XC2 just felt like they put it in there solely to meet the fanservice quota
It just felt more like what he did in games before blade.

I know you're trying to sound all smart, but the reality is Blade was an abberation from the norm. All of his other games he was just trying to use Tanaka's artstyle. He has never been trying to go for realism, he's trying to make it look like the shows he watched in the 70s and 80s

Attached: 1915cecae82738da68675af012f54098.jpg (700x800, 72K)

It didn't tell a story. It's an unfinished tech demo.
It's why Monolith Soft is doing a remaster of 1 with some new story details, likely including some Alvis stuff to fit it better with 2
Because after the new IP they're going straight for 3

You're too smart for Yea Forums, please leave.

i don't read much online about music or game series i really like

god i hope they give the option to take away the stupid korean mmo outfits and keep everyone in their canon clothes

He also completely missed the point considering Takahashi has never gone for that artstyle in any other game. All that guy is saying is I LIKE IT MORE THIS WAY

>Mary Sue
>The guy who gets his shit slapped in for the first half of the game

>It just felt more like what he did in games before blade
So you're saying they're shitty too?

That you have to pretend that simplified or complex faces make something more or less anime in your eyes.

Attached: 1560372282805.png (361x478, 73K)

Certainly a lot better than X
Except XS2 that's trash too

You don't belong in this fandom, it's not made for you.

I'm not missing the point at all.
Just because a Japanese person likes anime, doesn't mean they can't mock it, that's like 90% of Danganronpa's humor for example.

soul vs soulless

>yet the scenes like the bedroom scene in XC2 just felt like they put it in there solely to meet the fanservice quota, one felt like a group of people laughing during a quiet meeting discussing what to put in, whereas the other was just looking at popular trends for a sale.
I'll push back against this a bit.
Yeah, XBX had a more serious tone on the whole, and I won't deny that some of the scenes in XB2 that had an art-style or musical shift for comedic effect fell flat and felt generic but did feel like someone honestly thought they'd be funny.
You'd be surprised at some of the dumbshit that japanese people laugh at, because those tropes (like the sleepwalking scene) aren't just popular trends, they're popular hallmarks of some anime genres. They're shit that people have liked since the late 80s and have stayed around because people continue to like them.
I won't deny that those tropes and scenes were put in because they were popular, but I'm of the suspicion that they were popular with the people who were making the game and aren't just popular trends of the moment but have been popular trends in anime for decades now

Will we see proto-Fiora again?

Attached: latest[1].jpg (1136x787, 218K)

He has to sound smart because he can't just say "hurr it's moeshit"

>It didn't tell a story
It did, you just weren't smart enough to understand the ending.

XB1's artstyle kept me from playing the game. The characters looked THAT AWFUL.
This is a blessing.

I mean that anime style explicitly exists so that's it's as easy as possible to alter facial expressions so that the animators have an easier time getting frames out there
so yeah it's a very common thing in anime and is a definite trait of the modern anime ecosystem

Fuck you nigger. I love both games, and both are great. XBC1 >XBC2>XBCX.

I'm stroked for this shit. My only issue is what to recommend friends. blade2 will spoil blade1 which kinda takes some of the thrill away, but blade1 will get minor changes due to blade2 (during zanza fight only calm yo tits if your an over reactionary, not like it'd effect bionis shoulder or whatever) thus spoil that...thoughts on this people?

Hey, don't call both Fioras soulless

So do the likes of Luffy, Naruto, and Deku.

That's not a modern thing, that goes all the way back to the fucking 1960s, and you can blame Tezuka for that because he thought anime should be made cheaply and no one is able to do differently from what he did.

The fact that the art style was different makes no matter. The style was what it was for that particular game. And in order to fully realize the aesthetic qualities of XC1, they need to refine that style.
I don't see why the art style needs to be controlled by one guy, when the games are different.

Yes, and ?

You'd have to be an idiot to consider X a well written story
So I guess you fall under the left side of this

Attached: Dunning Kruger Chart.jpg (639x470, 27K)

I don't belong in this fandom because I don't openly call all the games shit?
That sounds like a certain group of anime fans who value self-awareness.

Don't play Xenoblade, so I don't know which one the Xenoblade fans love more between left and right, but I prefer right. The eye on left are way too big, as are the lips. Tans are ugly. The girl on the right is a perfect pale, blonde, blue eyed anime maiden.

>And in order to fully realize the aesthetic qualities of XC1, they need to refine that style.
No YOU just think that because you can't stand anything that reminds you of modern artstyles. Clearly the creator disagrees.

I understand you're too small brained for the rest of Xeno but stop pretending like X is well written when every character is a piece of cardboard (and looks like one too)

Tell me to hold for XCDE then if they like it to try XC2. Or try explain to why they could go for XC2 first but might ruin XCDE afterwards.

you could have reaplace "anime" anime with traditional anime, i get what you meant but fuck man expand your lexicon

If you don't like it, don't buy it. But I know you won't do that because this is the only game in the series you like.

Attached: Basara sip.png (1440x1080, 1.55M)

Would you consider them mary sues?

Xfag you shit on gears, XC2, XS3, XS1, and Torna constantly
You only like XC1 and X while still spouting your asinine about X having a better story than XC1 when the story rivals XS2 as the worst.

The worst thing that ever happened to the Xeno series was it becoming popular. It was better when every game struggled to sell so the creator didn't care how niche the product he was making it.

That's not what I'm doing. I was merely explaining what people are attempting to describe when they say it looks too anime. Of course that's not the appropriate word to describe simplification. But that is how the word is being used regardless of what you or I think. I was only trying to get you to understand what people are saying. Not telling you that it makes it more or less anime.

luffy gets his shit kicked in multiple times

It was good anime though. 2's models are just pathetic moe garbage.

I like Gears, Torna, and I think XC1 is just okay.
Don't know where you pulled this statement from.

Everytime

Attached: xeno.jpg (500x1200, 165K)

No, I'd consider them shonen protagonists that had to struggle and give their all before attaining power

>The original faces had more size appropriate noses for their faces. Their nose bridges were more pronounced. Lips were fully realized, with the corners of their mouths receding into their round cheeks. Brows ridge protruded contouring with the bridge of their nose, thus casting shadow around the eyes. All of these things are natural aspects of the human face, which work to show expression.
These things don't matter as much as you think given that the game was designed to run on standard definition TVs where these details would be less perceptible.
>While the new faces are more technically proficient, it stripped away all nuance
You've seen maybe 30 seconds of cutscene animation, I would argue we give it an earnest chance to show its chops in terms of facial expressiveness.
XB1's facial animations basically amounted to brow and mouth movements exclusively, and there's not much to say that the new style can't pull of similar, if not better, facial animations given that the rigs are likely more complex and they have more time to spend on recreating the tone and experience of each scene.
I say this because one of the things that was most interesting about XB2 was how each Rare Blade animated both bodily and facially despite the varying art styles.
I'd say I'm encouraged by what's been shown of XB1DE for a specific scene: in the beginning, we see a bit of Shulk relaxing in the grass and we see his eye movement a bit, and there definitely seemed to be more expressiveness in that area (showing his mood) than in the original

This has nothing to do with your argument
Do you even know how to read a graph? Because you'd be on the left side.

>you can't stand anything that reminds you of modern artstyles
Huh? Just a post ago, you were arguing that Tanaka's style was used for the older games. So logically, that would make Tanaka's style older. Thus, not modern.

That was my point.

fuck that mechonis looks good. holy tits. Kino is on the menu for two more years.

Attached: melia 234432423243324.jpg (1000x1400, 241K)

>The original Blade was somewhat like this too, but it was their first game on a Nintendo console, so I forgave it.
Why? Not saying your reasoning is bad but I'm just really curious why it being their first game on a Nintendo console has to do with its storytelling

There's a possibility XCDE might spoil more of XC2 than XC2 spoils of XC1
XC2 spoils the Klaus thing while XCDE might end up spoiling the other dimension Klaus thing, the nature of the Aegises and more.

Honestly the best order will probably be XC1 -> XC2 -> XCDE to avoid spoilers, sorta like how you don't experience the Fate series by jumping into the Zero anime nor the UBW anime or HF movies. The remake is better used as a second helping of something you like.

it would've died with XB1 being japan only, XB1 campaigners literally saved the entire series. leave the series if you're upset about it and leave the series to the people who will actually support it

I mean in regards to not liking the redesign because XC2's models look more like moeshit. The last game to actually use Tanaka's artstyle was X, and we all know how much shit that game was given for the faces.

>Deku and Luffy
>Had to struggle to obtain powers
Oh no, they had to eat something gross!

Even then that's still more than Rex being handed a magical sword wife that solves all his problems.

I was just explaining what people meant by using "anime" to describe things.
Calling it traditional anime doesn't make sense either. Because older anime also have varied styles. Some being more realistic than others by degrees.

You like 2.5 games in a 7.5 game series.
You constantly complain about things Takahashi has been doing for ages and things he likes to do
You constantly whine that he won't go back to your tech demo when he clearly has a different vision in mind at the moment.

This series is not for you and never has been

Tanaka's style has heavily changed for the worst, look at the abomination that is Fiora in Xenoblade 2.

>it would've died with XB1 being japan only
GOOD, it would've meant the series died while it still had a sense of its original identity. I didn't come to this franchise for a competently-written average rpg for normalfags, I came for an otaku votiming out everything he's a fanboy of to the point that everything is a reference to something, like all the games were before Blade.

>Literally looks back one second before fading to black.
>Artists make art of it.
Uinronically based.

i demand valak mountain boy. was so comfy...yet so sad.

the sword changed?

They were playing it safe by testing the waters, after solely having a niche audience, putting a game out on the Wii of all things meant you're certainly gonna get some new faces playing it, and for many, their first JRPG.

Calling Gears, Saga and Blade all part of the same series is like calling Yoshi's Island part of the Mario series

M8 you cover your ears and cry whenever someone points out how unfinished and meaningless XCX's story was
"Buh muh subversion of the normal Xeno trope!"
Subversive writing does not make for good writing.

Then just pretend it died and fuck off. Blade is it's own thing.

Attached: Nice going rook, now try this on for size.jpg (328x639, 79K)

>I came for an otaku votiming out everything he's a fanboy of to the point that everything is a reference to something, like all the games were before Blade.
that's quite literally xc2 to a tee and then some

I never played Saga, so I can't comment on it.
The first one looked neat, and I'll certainly play it some day.

Do you think they mastered their powers instantly when they ate the Devil Fruit/All Might's hair strand ? Do you think Rex could instantly unleash the full power of the Aegis when he got it ?

>You like 2.5 games in a 7.5 game series.
Blade, Saga and Gears are all separate series. At best they're a meta-series, which isn't nearly the same thing.

Thinking they don't share elements in design and aren't all part of Takahashi's vision for what he wants in a game is retardedly asinine.

You just like mechs. This is not a series about mechs, it's never been about the mechs, they're cool but they are not the focus, it's primarily a character driven adventure.

Yes I know, that's why I liked Blade 2.

I don't have to leave because he reversed the trajectory he was going after X. But that doesn't change the cancerous group now attached to the fanbase because of the game he thinks is the worst one he's made.

Smug Fiora > Potato Fiora

>I came for an otaku votiming out everything he's a fanboy of to the point that everything is a reference to something
This is the most pathetic statement I've ever read.

You basically want Xeno to be the Family Guy of JRPGs.

Yeah not a fan of the new artstyle its like they're not even the same characters anymore. They had unique appearances now they look like generic anime characters.

The difference is it's done out of love instead of REMEMBER THAT or for a joke. Besides we already have the Family Guy of Japan, pic related

Attached: nyaruko happy.gif (640x360, 1.23M)

I'm not one of the fucks hating on the new artstyle but this screenshot definitely looks bad. The top one doesn't even have a proper neck and jawline and yet he still looks like he's actually in pain. Meanwhile the bottom one looks like he's pretending to be mad. Where's the RAGE?

Attached: 1513623006678.jpg (900x600, 88K)

Attached: 5433543453543545445.jpg (1916x540, 133K)

You mean Xenobladebros* because literally every Xeno game has anime aethestics except for the original ugly Xenoblade

You can't really screw up Metal Face since he's mostly just geometric shapes

>it's done out of love instead of REMEMBER THAT or for a joke
In that case the references would be more subtle instead of having a furball literally reenact a scene shot for shot for the sake of a gag.

Attached: 321312132132132132.jpg (1876x532, 140K)

>XC2 is too """"anime""""
>I'm going to seethe about this forever
your fucking heads would explode if you played xenosaga lmao

This is what people don't seem to understand.

Xenoblade 1 came out nearly 10 years ago on the Wii. Yeah the character models were not the best but the fucking characters showed emotion throughout their scenes. All the redone anime style XB2 version scenes have all LOST on the emotion from the original.

Only thing that without a doubt looks better.

No if they played Saga they would just get bored and quit because you spend more time watching the game than playing it.

faggot. Some are clearly models. others are art. fuck off with this shit. If you are going to use models for one, use models for all you disingenous cunt.

New colors don't look nearly as menacing. But the actual lighting is way better so I am torn.

But what he described was Gears, Saga, and XC2
XC1 wasn't supposed to ever have the Xeno title and I doubt XCX was even supposed to have the XC title.
XC2 is in many ways a more return to form for Takahashi while borrowing many elements and focuses of XC1, and it seems like he intends on XC to at least end up being a connected trilogy (or perfectworks) given those remake.

He'll probably return to XCX after XC is done and finished up with, or maybe the next gen.

You have to understand that the people that are complaining about that are likely coming in from XC2, and played dubbed, a game that heavily dropped the ball on all emotional scenes.

What if this is for *gasps* people who haven't played it before

What if the original doesn't disappear *shock*

What if you should go fuck yourself with a cactus

That was because of good directing and acting, You can't judge a remake based on such a short trailer

You niggers are forgetting the most important part of this whole affair
YOU WILL PAY FOR YOUR INSOLENCE

I am basing it on scene comparisons from the trailer. Shulk when he is screaming and charging in the trailer looks completely silly compared to the original.

>Yeah the character models were not the best but the fucking characters showed emotion throughout their scenes
Having played through the HD pack dolphin version last year with the Japanese dub, I promise you, so long as they keep the original english dub, it will have the same impact.
That's where 90% of people's emotional investment in XB1 comes from anyways, the really competent (or stellar if you're Adam Howden) voice acting
This used to be pretty well agreed upon before the Definitive Edition was announced

hheh

Attached: 34443453543544.jpg (1664x538, 75K)

I suppose. It's probable they arrange things in a way you can play XC2 and XCDE on either order, although I'm not sure of that.

You see that shot for barely a second in-game. Unless you're living in bullet time you won't be staring at it.

>These things don't matter as much as you think given that the game was designed to run on standard definition TVs where these details would be less perceptible.
Oh stop. Picture quality wasn't that bad. This makes no sense. The noses were bigger not out of necessity, but because that's how the artist drew them.

>XB1's facial animations basically amounted to brow and mouth movements exclusively
Look, the 3D faces weren't the best, granted. But even simple shots like here you can see the benefits of the art style. The contouring of his cheek, the raising of his lip, the lower eye fold coming up, the brow ridge furrowing down. it all works together to create the face of anguish and anger. The new face is just a stock frowny face.

The ideal, is that they would use refine the original style, and improve facial articulation, for maximum aesthetic effect. But instead, the copped out, and went with the more sterile anime look.

>I say this because one of the things that was most interesting about XB2 was how each Rare Blade animated both bodily and facially despite the varying art styles.
They moved robotically for the most part. And their faces warped from one symbolic expression to the next. Just tweening stock anime lips, stock anime eyes.

have not played it, Shulk looks worse but the chick looks better

Wakamoto is the better Metal Face

they're both girls

Top: Souless
Bottom: Soul

Wtf bros it's never been this way. Remakes tend to lack soul what is going on???

Generic

Attached: Edge.Maverick.full.144954.jpg (783x737, 379K)

Sure. But the rest is whatever.

>ust tweening stock anime lips
TWEENING DOES NOT EXIST ON 3D MODELS

Attached: the right hand is becoming retarded.png (1366x768, 634K)

Which one do you prefer? Day or Night?
youtube.com/watch?v=oA3i0deoWIE
youtube.com/watch?v=kBdO6uKdMl4

Here's one I consider comfy but kind of sad: youtube.com/watch?v=Jln_KBWFvfw

Except he looks silly in the original too because he's running with a glowing ridiculous looking sword.
But what sells you on that scene's emotional weight isn't the expression on the models but the genuine anguish and emotion in Shulk's scream and yelling. The old models didn't really have that much expressiveness; most of what people see in them is projection based on the voice acting.

I hope they fix this trash before release.
Even XC2 got touched up a bit before it came out.
There's less hate this time though, so they'll probably do nothing.

I mean it worked for ufotable when they did Zero / UBW
You're supposed to do the VN first, but technically you can do either anime first and you'll just spoil bits and pieces. Though after HF pt 3 the ideal secondary fag order will be UBW -> HF -> Zero

I don't think that's true

But thats not even true. This is a perfect example.

>that cutscene where Dunban and Mumkhar duke it out at Snow Valak in japanese
Kino.

>But even simple shots like here you can see the benefits of the art style
And I'm goign to say no, you can't, because when you look at the scene above, you're remembering the actual moment itself because it's been ingrained in your mind. If the voice acting is the same or better for the DE version, I assure you, you'll associate the new version of the scene with a similar level of expressiveness

Well 1, I don't know what it's called in 3D. Sorry I'm not a 3D artist. 2, the fact that tweening is a 2D technique only emphasizes the flatness of their expressions.

Should I pick XC2 before or after I play the Definitive Edition of XC1

Yea but back then anime was manly as fuck, now it's homosexual trap shit wimp protags garbage

Attached: ShellBullet2.jpg (282x320, 17K)

>I assure you, you'll associate the new version of the scene with a similar level of expressiveness
I assure you I wouldn't. Because I never played the game, and have no context for what I'm seeing.

>The contouring of his cheek, the raising of his lip, the lower eye fold coming up, the brow ridge furrowing down. it all works together to create the face of anguish and anger. The new face is just a stock frowny face.
the fuck are you on about?
The old models had made two major rig points for making expressions. I assure you, you're mainly projecting more complexity of expression onto the old models because they look more realistic but they don't actually animate more realistically than the new models.

Doesn't matter. They're sidequels.

Play XC1 emulated first
Them XC2
Then XC1 DE

Otherwise XC2 first if you're only doing DE because while you'll be hit with some spoilers there's the remote chance DE will have much worse spoilers added in for 2

Rofl and music was just all 10/10 right?

>Reinhard as Dunban
>George Nakata as Sorean
>Tessho Genda as Xord
The only person that's better in english is Shulk, which is important since he's the only fucking character in the game that matters and everyone else gets tossed to the wayside at some point for his sake.

>Even someone who never played it can tell
OH NO NO NO

god these faces are atrocious

Yea look at how fucking manly this classic anime was

Attached: A126-1691590026.1442278236.jpg (410x578, 64K)

Fucking rofl.

>I like Reinhard and Vegeta so I like his other roles too because it's the same guy as the other characters I like!

>Play XC1 emulated first
>Them XC2
>Then XC1 DE
I read a lot of dumb shit in these threads but this might be the world champion

Attached: 1530156960832.png (400x449, 238K)

I appreciate that Grahf was straight up just Master Asia without even trying to get a variation on it. Hell I'm surprised they got Mugihito to voice him in the cutscenes instead of getting Yosuke Akimoto just to make it clearer.

That and the scene where she says "I'm nothing compared to her" true heartbreaking for Meliafags.

And I'm saying that you're claiming the two are worse but I'm telling you that's your own associations biasing your perception because I'm looking at them now and they're about equally expressive, albeit the two faces are in different styles.
It may simply be because you don't empathize as much with a character in one visual style over the other but the expression is actually really similar, from lip placement to brow contortion
The only major difference is the inherent difference in the relative distances between the nose and mouth and eyes and eyebrows

see this is what you faggots are missing. completely which is.... xenoblade2 matters the most. why? retcon. That ending is what it's all about.

We'll get a new scene/added scene at the final boss referencing rex fighting malos in the end, or rex talking to klaus. the explosition revealing their world is fake will add in the alien space war.

alien space war will become the war at the start of x.

the land shulk created and rex warped? shifted? to at the end will be mira, the power overload of all three aegis' activating will create a time loop sending them millions of years to the past to make mira.

the progenator race was oddly human like from an xenoblade x side quest. they had crazy super advanced tech. they had the zorha. xenoblade3 will feature rex and shulk founding mira.

x2 will have them realize their entire universe is in an infinate loop of making mira, to make progen race to make earth, to make boinis/mechonis/cloud sea.

brainlets.

XC1 does not spoil anything about XC2
XC2 spoils some things about XC1
XCDE may spoil several things about XC2, such as Klaus being the architect

>Toon style for faces and skin, shaded for everihing else
Fuck this retarded art direction, its becoming standard and it look like shit

I can't think of a single performance for a Ryo Horikawa has done that I disliked.

I don't think you're true

Nice fanfiction.

I'll take the shota over kirito or any faglord from recent anime any day.

>you're mainly projecting more complexity of expression onto the old models because they look more realistic but they don't actually animate more realistically than the new models.
I don't have to project complexity, when it's right there on the face. I'm not saying it animated better in game. I am saying that by the mere fact that the face has more dimension to it, it's going to look more naturally expressive rather than symbolically expensive, even if the rig is simple. It's inherent due to the style.

sakura is the manliest protagonist of that era though

I want to Remake Fiora's smug face

>the shota
>not the raging lesbian

So you knew what expression it is without knowing the context?
Despite talking about the "original style" that you have no acquaintance with?
You're makign the claim that the original models of a game you never played have more expressive (despite you having not seen them in action) than the new models? I call bullshit

Yeah nah
At most it'll be Shulk teleports everyone back to normal Earth where Rex and co are, and someone takes control of the Zohar

you want to what it?

what... what the fuck bros?

>Legit homosexuality is still more manly than most male anime characters today
Wow

You guys unironically give more of a shit about this game than its creator did, going by interviews.

I can still see soul here, I don't see soul in Xenoblade 2's artstyle.

>when it's right there on the face
And I'm saying that the perceived dimension on the face has little to no effect on how expressive it is given that most of that dimension came from the texture being different, not the mesh actually having more complexity

>normal Earth where Rex and co are
Huh, Earth was destroyed what's left is Alrest created by Klaus, the only thing that remains of Earth are those ruins in Morytha.

That's the case with most games, sadly.

no shit, xeno fans are insane obsessives and the games are big and sloppy

There's nothing more manly than loving men. What kind of sissy would degrade himself by having sex with women?

lol why is she just missing a fucking leg in one pic? wtfh is this?

I've suspected something similar: they'll retcon the beginning of XBX where the "explosion" that destroys the Earth is actually Klaus' last ditch experiment that kicks off the XB1 and XB2 worlds, and transported the White Whale, Ganglion and Ghost to another dimension

KAZUMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Haven't watched that show outside of the dub when I was like 4 or something.
I remember the shota being a Chad, I wanted to be just like him.

You can't say "n-no that can't happen" when the MC has a reality-rewriting device.

Couldn't agree more.

Attached: 1564945075626.jpg (332x582, 24K)

i wish i could sock the people in the face who keep pushing these anime-ified remakes that butcher the unique art styles of the original games for this uninspired tripe.

>I didnt play the games
>But I came into a thread to argue about the face style
I have a hard time believing anyone who isn't attached to XB1 already would give a shit about the change in model quality

They fall down the cloud sea and clearly where they end up is a normal non Titan continent.

What does liking him have to do with him being miscast?

Klaus experiment didn't just destroy Earth, plus in XCX Earth was in the middle of a battle between two different alien factions.

Takahashi's magnum opus will never be involved with your embarrassing anime shit.

This.

Because he's not miscast, he's perfect.

Yeah, how dare they change it from it's original unique style like pic related

Attached: xb1 concept art.jpg (900x900, 451K)

It's still Alrest user just with new land.

I'm basing my opinion on pictures I've seen, and trailers, and webms. I really never played the game.
I totally guessed what the expression was without context. His face to me looks anguished, like he's in emotional distress. But perhaps also anger. There's frustration. I don't know what's happening in that moment, but it's probably something major.

I'm trying to think of ways to convince you that I never played the game. But I really haven't. I just saw the image in OP, studied it for a while. Identified what I believe to be the problem is, and expressed it the best I could.

this looks nothing like either

But I enjoy those things.

Are you blind? Look around their eyes. The bottom one lacks any emotion.

Honestly everything to do with "Takahashi's vision" and the intergame connections makes for a "the whole is less than the sum of it's parts" experience for me.

I enjoy each game less the more forced the connections are. I liked XB1 a lot, loved X, loved Gears, thought 2 was alright until the retcon shit. Now I'm tired of XB1 and don't even want to bother with a sequel to either X or 1/2. It's less "one continuous vision" and more a haphazard stitching together of different versions of the same story. Connecting all these games with wildly different appearances and tons doesn't make me like them all more.

It all feels so predictable how they're going to link things up from now on, and because I'm not equally invested in each game there's no real payoff. It's just "the game you like is connected to a game you don't care for, now you have to talk about both games if you talk about either one".

Attached: 1550283739759.jpg (959x954, 217K)

One of the actual, legitimate cases of soullessness. They sucked the soul out of this game to pander to otakus and weeaboos.

This does not look anything like what they are using. Its also not the og.

His magnum opus being XC2?
Because Takahashi has said in interviews he thinks they did a lot wrong with XCX and has said the same of XC1

HE WILL MAKE HIS PROJECT NOAH AND NO ONE WILL STOP HIM
except publishers

>Takahashi's magnum opus
you're joking, surely
he hasn't even approached his magnum opus because he's gotten cut short every time he tried, first with XG and then with XS
XBX and XB1 were very explicitly experiments for Monolith Soft by Takahashi's own admission and XB2 was more of a reflective game than the type of game you'd make as your Magnum Opus

As an otaku and a weeb, I approve of this.

Doesn't he think his magnum opus was Saga 1, the thing people called less a game and more a movie?

it's just crosspromotion, which is annoying to most people i agree

that's an amazing cock

The dimension people have on their face matters a great deal. Here's an example. I drew a simple smile. Copied it, and then drew lines emphasizing cheeks, eye folds brows and forehead.
Simply adding a bit of detail to his face completely changes his expression.

Attached: Face.png (1920x1080, 19K)

X was the western RPG of his dreams, he'd rather it be an FPS, but X was the closest he's ever gotten to making his dream game.

you should just play anthem or something

Well and truly disgusting. This is George Lucas levels of bad.

Xfag has deluded himself into thinking of X as both a perfect game without flaws and believes it's Takahashi's favorite when it is explicitly not, saying several times it was an experiment of a more open world free game with less structure.

this
you'd have to be a total contrarian retard to not get it

really is amazing how one announcement ruined a fanbase. What is wrong with cunts?

When I first saw the new artsyle for the characters, I thought it was a good idea, since the close-up appearences of the characters was the only real visual flaw in the original. The more I look at it though, the more I can tell just how generic they look now. Fiora now has the same rounded face and cute hair as Pyra, Nia, and every other copy-pasted anime girl design. She no longer looks distinctive aside from her clothes and hair color.
is an on-point explanation for what "too anime" means, and these designs are absolutely too anime. No, "Xeno was always anime" is not an excuse for looking generic. There are plenty of anime products with unique artstyles. The fact that the original looked like shit also isn't an excuse, since that's a graphical issue. What they've done here is change the artstyle, when they could've updated the original faces with more detail to preserve the original look. I have a feeling they chose to do it this way because it would be easier rather than because they thought it would actually look better.
All that said, the generic faces of the characters in XC2 were the the least of that game's character design problems. At least this remaster isn't giving Fiora giant tits that overshadow the entire rest of the game, for example.

Attached: IMG_1629.jpg (500x500, 243K)

I've always wanted to play it. My brother played the game and says it's good. But my relationship with it, has been a thing where I keep an eye on it, but never too close, because I think I might play it one day, then never do.

I don't play SJW shit.

>Not liking pyra/mythra's tits
Wow you must really like sucking dick

Attached: 1567653648959.jpg (492x489, 68K)

literally me

Attached: 1567748875726.png (701x613, 11K)

Fine, I'll take your word for it, but I'm of the opposite opinion. I think both faces express the same emotion with about the same level of intensity, if only because the same hallmarks for that expression are in both.
That being said, I think you're right more obviously empathize with the older model more immediately because it's muddier fidelity has often led people to mistaken as trying to be more photorealistic.
I think the more newer model is equally expressive but I think anime art-styles take a moment to get used to in any new game at which point people calibrate how characters look and what the default face looks like as opposed to what the various expressions look like. But once people get used to that, they resonate more easily with the expressions of the characters in that style

Then why is your favorite Xeno the one censored heavily by SJWs?

>X was the western RPG of his dreams, he'd rather it be an FPS, but X was the closest he's ever gotten to making his dream game.
this is a lot of projecting, do you have a single detail or shred of proof or even an interview to suggest this is the case?

you don't play anything

>not posting the mod reply where he elaborates that the poster was banned for yotsuba porn

It's unfortunate, but it doesn't ruin the actual game.
I have a copy of Japanese version if I want the original experience.

>It all feels so predictable how they're going to link things up from now on
>predictable when XC2 already linked stuff with XC
>at best XCDE will just confirm it

>is an on-point explanation for what "too anime" means, and these designs are absolutely too anime
For the record I don't think that's what too anime means. But that's how people are misusing the term anime. So it's pretty much a slang term now.

Fair point. I suppose maybe I'm just used to games with anime art styles but I find both to be about similarly expressive since I find the same facial indicators you brought up to be present in the new model too, but that might just be that I acclimate to the default expression of anime games more quickly than most.
You make a good point though, that the older models made it a bit more realistic and so most people find it easier to empathize with them, despite the muddier textures and simpler meshes

Nah what ruins the game is putting the short 6 hour main story with the worst animations and camera work in anything Takahashi has ever made behind a billion shitty fetch quests with a handful of decent ones.

The eyes are actually almost identical in how they appear in that scene
No, really, overlay the eyes and they're strangely accurate, even to the darker bits around them
as the other user said , I think most people are attaching more to the contortion of the brow as an indicator of shulk's emotion, but I think that's something most people will acclimate to when they see what his default expression is

>hur dur mira is weird space magics
>we can all understand each other and can't escape for bizzarre reasons
>ohz noes our memory banks for our brains is broken, but robo bodies still work
>but whyyyyyyyy
>what IS mira

wowe, such complex, much good. fuck off. It was a fucking cliff hanger after a horrid trash boss. I enjoyed x up to that final fight and ending. Xfags no matter how annoying deserve a resolution to this bullshit.

>X was the western RPG of his dreams
Ther's nothing remotely western about XBX. It's one of those 'single-player MMO' type games, which is a distinctly jrpg style of game, first popularized by FF12. Western party-based RPGs such as Dragon Age let you control the entire party simultaneously by pausing the game and issuing commands, You can't do that in XBX.

>but muh silent protagonist
Again, a distinctly jrpg thing. This image is about P5, but it applies equally to XBX.

Attached: 121020233424.jpg (2000x1884, 919K)

It just got more detail and polygons

Well, despite your reservations over the new art-style, I'd say jump into it.
I personally think XBX and XB2 are superior in many ways, but I always use XB1 as my gateway JRPG for most of my normie friends because it does the one thing I think any good adventure story needs to do and that is start with a bang and have good pacing
It helps that the voice acting is pretty solid and even when it starts to drag, it only does so in the last third

Sure, but I don't know if that has to do with Nintendo as much as it has to do with Takahashi wanting to take a break from Xeno shit for a while
He didn't even want to call it a Xeno game until Nintendo encouraged him to, Hence why it feels really different tonally and thematically from the other Xeno titles

The ending has strong religious themes that would be lost on most people who don't know enough about the subject to catch them.

Meanwhile, XC2 beats you over the hand with blatant entry level religious references and makes the player feel like their smart for it.

>first popularized by FF12
.hack//Infection came out in 2002