What made Dragon's Dogma such a fun game?

What made Dragon's Dogma such a fun game?

Attached: 1548540750934.jpg (1920x1080, 499K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QCZDx0dlDws
youtube.com/watch?v=eExIMij8Mjo
youtube.com/watch?v=ZITKHcPZ9dw
youtube.com/watch?v=8XBlBPtQW6g
youtube.com/watch?v=Mfh6KClkr3o
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Japs.

I dunno but I actually tried playing it for the first time the other week and really enjoyed it, more than I've enjoyed any sp game in a long time.
Any other similar real time combat JRPG's? I need more shit like this

Soul.

Is it better than the witcher?

it was the most Monster Hunter like game one could get on their PS3

Depends on what you're looking for. If you want good action combat yes, by a mile. If you want memorable characters and entertaining quests, no, not by a long shot.

>fun action combat with a lot of feedback, pull off something great and do a ton of damage, fail and you can get knocked the fuck down
>challenging enemies
>varied enemies behavior, from pack hunters, and berserkers, to spell casters
>varied enemy bodies small goblins, huge giants, dragons, intangible spirits, flying harpies, rock hard golems
>you can encounter some hard as fuck enemies before you're ready to deal with them
>magic is often visibly very impressive
>RPG party goodness where your team actually sticks with you and follows you like the actual leader, and you really want teamwork
>story and lore that has interesting ideas
>class variation is actually fun with base classes, specialized classes, and hybrid classes between each of the base classes
But from your chosen picture I'd have to say the fun part here is that you made a tiny brown girl Arisen and any success you gain will makes Mercedes and her troubles as a knight seem pathetic. Somehow in your picture Mercedes even looks oddly subdued out of feeling awkward and embarrassed. Dude you're killing her.

Attached: 1563217512395.jpg (1024x958, 76K)

>feel myself getting sucked into it again
muscle wizard time
just wish i could make him an orc

Man, I should really get back into this game. Been busy with RE4, FFX, and TWEWY but I remember having a lot of fun with the Magick Archer vocation.

the combat was a lot of fun
nice character creator and you can customize your pawn
decent story
bbi was pretty great
shame about so much of it getting cut we only got a small sample of the total game.

What type of people are fans of this game?

Attached: 1567615505080.jpg (960x934, 102K)

Attached: Dragon's Dogma_ Dark Arisen Screenshot_277.jpg (1280x720, 65K)

Attached: fun things are.jpg (1280x720, 72K)

The amount of soul they attempted to put into it. Such a good effort at making a proper action RPG that deserved being called both things.

Hypocritical weebs who think they're too good for WRPGs like Skyrim.

People with good taste.

furthermore

youtube.com/watch?v=QCZDx0dlDws

The game scratched a Virtual DnD itch for me.

Attached: 367500_screenshots_20170812170412_1.jpg (1920x1080, 502K)

Just to provide context: action games were never my cup of tea, I have never owned a console and the number of Eastern games I played can be counted on one hand. And even I adored Dragon's Dogma.

Personally, it was the engaging Pawn system and the climbing mechanism caught my attention. Then when I finally got around to play it, everything just fell into place. I especially appreciated it's quirkiness.

>mfw reached the forgotten hall in BBI

Attached: 1446605598388.png (383x385, 45K)

Did anyone ever figure out how to get those berserk armors back into the game?

Freja looking fucking nice.

Nostalgia.

Is the online server still up for PC? Worth it to get it on sale at GOG?

But im playing it for the first time right now and it's the only game that has given me enjoyment in like 5 years

Because you can make fat short girls in it.

Attached: CuteDarkElfPawn.jpg (446x670, 93K)

The gameplay and the pawns, plus the general atmosphere and tone of it, unfinished as it was.

Between Dragon's Dogma and Xenoblade X I discovered my favorite genre might actually be janky open world JRPGs.

A lot of the designs are just well executed fantasy fare, with enough realism and thought to make you take them seriously. The cyclops with the tusks based on how people thought elephant skulls were one eyed monsters, or the chimera with the caster-goat and the snake guarding the rear are great examples. Quirks like having to relight your lantern or being able to throw spiders to kill them, not to mention all the stuff relating to height also help ground the game. It feels like a legitimate fantasy adventure. It's like a carefully measured level of tedium grounds the game, in the nicest possible way.

I will say the damage calculation sucks balls and is probably the weakest element. The game straddles the line between "actually polished and well thought out" to "totally misaimed". Like all the sidequests help flesh out the political climate, things like Julius's betrayal and the uprising at a fort or the king not actually wanting you to take on the dragon are well foreshadowed... if you do the sidequests before they fucking disappear. You can miss entire dungeons if you don't pay attention.

tl;dr SEQUEL FUCKING WHEN

Attached: My pawnfu Elma.jpg (700x1200, 450K)

Where's that one picture of Jack, Hopper, and Depp

Attached: 1502534144866.png (1360x768, 2.83M)

The sequel needs a bigger hips slider

Is this a fucking reference to this?
youtube.com/watch?v=eExIMij8Mjo

Gransys ain't free. The dragon needs to be littered with the blood of the arisen's beloved. Arisen "dark arisen" aka "D.A" is not my arisen. he is treacherous dukeslayer and probably brineborn himself :DD. EDMUND DRAGONSBANE not Edmund dragonshelp ok. Praise grigori.

The gameplay.

It needs a fucking thigh slider if you ask me.

Is the GoG version just as updated as the steam one?

Yes

Pretty sure it is, yeah

Is the Switch version good for someone who has never played the game before?

soul, unironically

And can it connect to the NPC maker server?

Yes the online still works.

GoG release is newer than the steam release

Yeah. It's actually better than the original PS3/360 versions because it's a port of the PC version. Obviously PC is the best because 60fps, but I played it on PC and Switch both and I enjoyed both. The only thing I dislike is how hot it makes the Switch while docked. That little fan blows hard.

Thanks user!

Attached: 8314.jpg (712x612, 47K)

thanks fren

Any tips / stuff I should know?

Attached: 1567297893622.png (470x380, 232K)

Is there a summoner archetype in this game? Or at least pets that can fight alongside you like Hunter in WoW.

Don't minmax, it will kill your soul. Game is heavily biased towards equipment over stats anyways. Just switch classes whenever you want and enjoy it.

It's depressing to know the pc version don't have them. I don't care about the shitty j-rock song, but the lack of their armor was like another holocaust.

All of your party members are basically "pets". They're canonically soulless idiots that only you have the will to move. There is no summoning though, only amazing arch-wizard supremacy with meteors and tornadoes and lightning whips and all kinds of fun shit.

All the vocations are viable the whole game even the basic ones, don't feel tied down either, feel free to experiment with different skills/vocations/builds

There are skills a mage can use that a magic archer, mystic knight and sorcerer cannot.

Attached: DD_vocations_chart.jpg (700x800, 185K)

>I don't care about the shitty j-rock song
There was a mod to fix that available under a hour after the initial steam release.

100% the character creator

>Good story and backstory which becomes more clear on multiple playthroughs
>Fun combat and boss battles
>Great and memorable theme song
>Good class fantasy e.g. Being a sorcerer and casting spells makes you feel powerful like a sorcerer should
>Cool technology moments like the environment effecting your party depending on where you go and how heavy you are
Not saying it’s a flawless game by any means since the world outside Gran Soren and the starting village feels pretty dead but if they make the world more dynamic in the sequel then the game could be a legit 10/10

Attached: henri's review of warriors.jpg (608x355, 26K)

No. Its you and your Pawn companions as a few flavors of fighters, wizards and rogues, with special Hybrid classes exclusive to the player character that play like a mixture of two classes.

And don't get your hopes up by the spell Necromancy. You just summon 4 to 6 floating skull-shaped magic missiles that drag enemies into the air before exploding. That's it.

Dragon's Dogma had so many cool ideas I'd have liked to see expanded upon.

Stuff like the height and weight affecting stamina, how easily/difficult it is for you to weigh down monsters, which crawl spaces you had access to, if you could pick up and carry another character, being doused in water made you more vulnerable to the cold, extinguishes your lantern, real sense of light and dark was also really cool with those dynamic shadows.

The quests suck, and the early parts of the story really could have used some work, and I think the character were kinda bland and unremarkable but there really was this nugget of pure gold under it all.

If you want the latter, then read a fucking book. As a video game, DD is objectively better than the Witcher 3 because it excels in the only category that maters, being gameplay. The only people that think otherwise are snoyfags, whose opinions don't matter.

DD2

Any day now

Attached: 1566538099487.jpg (672x672, 322K)

Does it have lewd mods

Doesn't need them, game is lewd enough.

Attached: 1455343972908.jpg (1920x1080, 225K)

Dragons dogma also have interesting themes and a story that is more under the surface and not in your face. This fits a game more.

In my opinion, many of the so called "great" story games are extremely immature and appeals to low iq manchildren. What does rdr 2's story have on the wild bunch? You get it.

Needs bigger asses.

When the FUCK is it going on sale on PS4? I have it on PS3 and am legit willing to buy it again if it goes on sale.

Attached: 12968087_1126896324008651_1839519123815647825_o.jpg (907x1019, 128K)

nope

DDON is being shut down in december without ever having been brought to the west

Attached: 1565784804328.jpg (1024x768, 194K)

Who gives a shit about DDO

...the publishers... capccom.........

THEY'RE MASTER WORKS ALLLLLLL, YA CAN'T GO WRONNGG!!!

>the delicious and always new pleasure

I always start a new game intending to play a different style but just end up playing assasin.
It's happened like 4 times now.

wind is pushing me

I want a cooking and food buff system with comfy campfire camping options with your party.

Attached: e545922127e04803fb56c2400ec2bf10_full.jpg (1024x728, 137K)

>Cucking Mercedes out of honor and glory
what a monster

i think there was a mod for it on pc

>be capcom
>hey guy we make a new IP, dragon dagguma
>thanks capcom we really like it
>oh heres an DLC
>yes thank capcom
>we also make dragon dagguma...online and it's not coming to the west
>t..that okay capcom, we want dragon dagguma 2 please
>dragon dagguma...never heard about it
>but it your ip
>here at capcom we have street fighters 5 and street fighters 5

This reads like the rick and morty copypasta.

The double character creation. The fact that pawns learned and also felt different amongst eachother. The smooth combat feel. The odd nature of the simple world. A nice adventure feeling. Flashy magic. Night time is scary and punishing early on. The big creature fights feel good. Armor and clothing giving a good fashion customization.

I want a refined sequel.

Attached: 1567445357297.jpg (902x606, 76K)

Wolves hunt in packs.

this and a more robust crafting/gathering system would be amazing.

>start game
>play game until getting to the city
>get a little past the city
>stop because of boredom
five or six times now

Describe your Arisens/pawns to us, or better yet, post a picture.

I’m glad you anons enjoyed the game. I played the demo and then pirates but found it very janky and one of the ugliest games I’ve ever played. The story/writing didn’t impress me either so I dropped it after like 2 hours.

I don't get why but alright
>1st playthrough; amazon waifu arisen/small-ish normal girl pawn
>not sure, might have been fatman / fatman bros 4 lyf
>not sure if this playthrough existed
>loli (pear) / /fit/ normal girl (tank/caster)
>loli (stick) / normal girl (dick-ass thief shit / tank)
>average looking tallfu / average looking less-tall-fu (strider/strider)
the game is interesting in itself but the gameplay somehow misses the mark for me
I also play on hardmode from the start but the game ends up being far too easy by city time regardless

I thought you might have been doing it wrong, but it seems not. Strange you wouldn't like it, especially considering that fun only just begins when you get to the city.

lol, someone's mad.

>complete fetchquest for a spell book
>quest giver actually comes and aids you in a boss battle with said spellbook

Is there a bigger jobber in a game than the actual salomet? Getting his grimoire and hearing about how EPIC of sorcerer he is you would expect him not to just get killed by one throwing knife and fall of a tower screaming lmao

>defeat julien
>revive him afterwards for his shield

>rick and morty copypasta.
This reads like a lazy uninspired comment lol

It needs to either come to Game Pass or go on sale on the MS store. I need to spread my shitty pawn to XBL.

Attached: 1433343613639.webm (960x540, 2.87M)

You can also give him a forgery of the magic book and keep the real one for yourself. The fake has no power to it and he gets super pissed you not only cheated him but also made him look like a fool when he came to help you.

As a usable item Salomet's Grimoire is a one-use cast of Bolide, the meteor spell, so there isn't much point in lying to Steffen aside from seeing the alternate scene and dialogue.

Cassardis. Home...

fix the damage calcs and i will play your shitty game

Is it supposed to take 10 minutes to kill a giant saurian in bitterblack?

t. level 72 magic archer

Gran Soren, home. At least it was before I fucked everything up.

Attached: 1432668510751.webm (960x540, 2.1M)

I know that feel bro. Dragon's Dogma made me feel like a kid again which is much different to nostalgia. I played DD for like 8+ hours a day when I started playing it and the post-game stuff kept me entertained for weeks after. It's so simple but so well done and made me feel a joy for games that I hadn't in a really long time. When a game is fun despite being riddled with flaws you know its a good one

sums it up pretty good. not alot of games do this.

>crusaders
>plate

also did anyone else get seriously upset when they realised the main story finishes in literally 8 hours

the story, characters, and dialogues are weak

gameplay is fun

the quest system is terrible

>tfw getting a perfect block on 3 mystic cannons

Attached: 1562830089227.jpg (859x960, 224K)

>dialogues are weak

Attached: maxresdefault (1).jpg (1280x720, 93K)

dungeons/caves/etc were nice. bbi was marvelous.

Attached: 1536256594313.jpg (1920x1080, 1.57M)

the lighting is an underrated element of the game. Especially how it makes night time traveling atmospheric as hell.

Attached: Raging Duck Boner.gif (367x265, 565K)

Attached: In Case You Forgot.png (1804x2040, 376K)

Can you sex?

if you skip %90 of the game sure

The sight of women excites it!

Attached: 468px-Dragons-dogma-4824.jpg (468x263, 23K)

what about the part where you go blind as you cast spells at night

why do you guys pretend DD has good action gameplay? You simply assign power movies to slots and then spam them like an MMO with a cooldown meter and everything. It's the least satisfying and least skill involved action gameplay I've played this gen.

But will he return in the sequel?

Attached: 1453851045_rooksisapedo6969.jpg (400x533, 81K)

Not the story but the world. Fucking ocarina of time seems bigger than DD.

You clearly did not have the wind pushing you

gameplay
story have wacky moments, which is great, because games shouldnt take themselves too seriously.
not pushing agendas down your throat on every cutscene.

no I didn't

>>then spam them like an MMO with a cooldown meter and everything
user why do you tell lies?

Eliminators are for bullying, Arisen

Attached: 367500_screenshots_20180724115530_1.jpg (1824x1026, 265K)

because I don't Melee combat in this game consists of equipping attacks like they are spells and using those slots in combat. This comes with cooldowns for some attacks. It feels a lot like an MMO.

still more involved than only needing two buttons in the witcher. combat isn't groundbreaking but it is fun. and it's from last gen.

They went out of their way to make them unmoddable. Apparently you couldn't even boot the game with textures/model rigged to the item file (?) or else it would crash

I mean if you wanna oversimplify it then yeah that's what DD melee is like

I unironically think it isn't

Bosses amount to damage sponges where you spam power attacks over and over which becomes extremely tedious over the course of the game. Enemy variety is good, but facing a pack of wolves or bandits on the road for the 10000th time while you're exploring becomes extremely boring. Characters are all pants on head retarded or extremely cliche tropes (with the exception of Mercedes). Worth a playthrough but the overall experience left me feeling a little empty.

Also, are there any good mods that change the fucking colors in this game? It has extremely dulled colors which make the world feel unfun and drab

>maining Bathhouse Owner
Based.

Man you really don't get it. That's your stamina bar which represents your character's ability to run/jump/climb/cast and use special techniques before they exert themselves.

Spells require time because you're casting them with motions and ritual. Which you can keep doing till you run out of the stamina bar.

that's not oversimplifying it. That's exactly how it plays out. It's not as fun melee combat as Souls style or any other sword based action game before that became popular.

lmao what you said about bosses is even worse in the Witcher. At least in DD there are monsters of different shapes, with different movesets.

>It feels a lot like an MMO
so? i'm curious what games you think have good action combat user. most of the ones I can think of are all very similar to DD.

Definitely. I got the Witcher on release on ps4 and gave up on it within a few hours. Got it again on pc and gave up on two different runs. Conversely, I've finished DD endless amount of times, got it for ps3, pc and switch and love to just dick around with the game.

I wish they made the Elite Lantern something you can find as soon as you start BBI. The difference is not that big but it just feels like a kick in the balls otherwise

currently making my pawn

Attached: Screenshot (27).png (1920x1080, 2.16M)

Attached: JwlXtwS.png (613x3801, 396K)

>no Gatuso set
>no Gatuso sword
>3 warrior skills
cucked harder than Guts himself

>He doesn't realize DDO is being shut down *because* DD2 is about to get announced.
I guess ignorance isn't always bliss. :/

You are deluded. We are only here to suffer.

Attached: 1566309513089.png (374x374, 300K)

Salomet wanted to be a lich and was going to use the ring as a phylactery. By that point the ritual was almost complete and he just needed to "die" to complete the process. He takes a dive and leaves the ring to you, where it will either be placed back in the treasury under heavy guard, or remain in the hands of the strongest warrior in the land. In either case, he's played everyone for a fool and has his new soul jar in a nice safe location.

Jedi Outcast/Academy
Dark Messiah
Dark Souls
LOTR: Two Towers and Return of the King (PS2, GC, Xbox)
Mount and Blade
Mordhau

I don't think Hotline Miami counts. And while I wouldn't say that Assassin's Creed Unity has good melee combat, I enjoy it more than DD.

>mount and blade has good combat

swinging people off ladders in a two hour siege isn't good combat

Excellent tip. Would throw you off a cliff again.

>All 3 new vocations
>All super fun to play
>Have half amount of skills other vocs have
Wasted potential

I really want a fist fighter class

>mount and blade doesn't have good combat
nigger, it's the most involved physics based combat system ever made. It has directional blocking/attacks, dozens of weapon types, excellent ranged combat, couched lances, etc etc. It's objectively one of the best combat systems ever made.

>Dark Souls
>Mordhau

lmao

alchemist is probably the most unique class i've ever seen

youtube.com/watch?v=ZITKHcPZ9dw

Attached: 1557707294396.png (1024x862, 1.15M)

>First playthrough made a big, buff, bearded bastard, and took the warrior route. Character looked exactly like me, but in my idealized form
>Said "Fuck you" to all illusions of party balance and strategy, by making my pawn a big burly bodacious woman that was also a warrior
>Have fond memories of tearing through the whole game as a duo of indestructible murderfuckers. Her AI was focused perfectly to where she was even more enthusiastic to charge in than I was.
>One time decided to tweak my appearance on a subsequent playthrough.
>Could never get them looking exactly the same.
Didn't feel right from then on.

DD2 is going to have online, and they don't want DDO to compete with it. Screencap this.

Dragon's dogma has super anime combat if you play it right. It is not like a mmo.

Never (you) me or my waifu's pawn ever again!

ah, a PC fag

Alchemist plays like Killer Queen
I fucking love it

DD doesn't have bad combat just because you are bad at it
it's like saying hurr mortal kombat has bad combat cause if you spam kick you win
mash one button in any game and it's gonna be unengaging

You like realistic combat
You hate semi-realistic combat
I get it

and it all boils down to one hitting dudes from thje castle walls/lancing dudes with a squadron of overpowered knights over and over again

Attached: tupac grad.jpg (1272x762, 637K)

>mfw almost done with BBI permanently, just need the ninja hoodie version with the mask

Attached: 1556780660920.jpg (657x527, 56K)

there's nothing realistic about the combat in any of those games

at what point do you stop playing with pawns because it's too easy?

Go play with auto generated pawns then

Actually all the pawns i've ever played with have been drooling retards and i have to revive them every second while dodging attacks

they still draw attacks away from you, the game is honestly way too easy with pawns

skyrim but with actual depth

I wish, bud

im not crazy about MH yet, and honestly, my friends liking it is becoming a bother

Aught

Alot of people who love this game are extremely chill dudes.

>Dragon's Dingdong 2 gets announced tomorrow
>It looks to be the greatest gaming experience ever forged by little tiny Japanese hands
>Has tons of new classes and a customizable ability system.
>Even more robust character creation system that looks to be a combination of Dad's and Black Desert Online's
>Tons of content Implimented from DDO, but even more original stuff, including all of the content cut out of the first game
>Game comes with a thirteen inch Dragon Dildo replica of Grigori's Wang
>The game impliments a feature where your progress from DD1 is transferred over
>Chingchong Sonyntendo himself, comes out and declares that DD2 will solve all world hunger, bring world peace, and make all of your wildest dreams come true. He looks dead into the camera and tells you that it comes free with a marriage certificate for Madeleine.

POST YOUR REACTION WHEN

The fella on the left.

Attached: NpBCMw6.png (1560x877, 1.09M)

thank you for saying that.

You guys gonna watch the anime? This better be the opening
youtube.com/watch?v=8XBlBPtQW6g

Does the official Arisen have a name? I really like his design.

Isn't it "Arturo" or something like that?

I think the default male name is "Arturo" and the default female was "Arenia". But now I want to go back and look.

but I'm meant to be married to the shegoat

Savan, isn't it?

I liked that quests had consequences.
Combat was fun.
Sure the game looked like ass.
But body height, weight and equipment affected your movement and made some parts easier or harder.

Just wish we got another expansion for it.

Wait, yeah "Savan" is the name your defaulted to when you first make a character.

Where did I get Arturo from?

>get killed by one throwing knife and fall of a tower screaming lmao
literally so based. i love the little stuff in this game so much

>great character customisation
>create your own party
>zelda meets monster hunter
its weird how nothing really stands out in this game yet it's bigger than the sum of it's parts.

pleb

>dork souls fag calling anyone else a pleb
Hilarious.

Attached: 1567565017359.jpg (250x250, 21K)

reminder that making cheat pawns bans you from adding any pawns to the pool, but you can get around this by editing their stats in your save files instead to get hybrid class pawns on the net.

Attached: ddpantsu.webm (853x480, 2.9M)

That user posted a solid list, every game on it was good and has good combat, ds and mordhau included

Attached: pol plays dd.jpg (1920x1080, 438K)

are hybrid class pawns really busted?

Nothing is more pleb than Dark Souls and Mordhau is just Chivalry 2.0.

Last I heard pawns don’t know how to use hybrid skills even if you edit them into the class

>no Dragon's Dogma co-op
>no 4-Arisen parties adventuring together with their pawns
>no ability to take direct control over your Pawn in gameplay so you can mess with two separate builds without editing your characters

Attached: 1469902462033.jpg (592x533, 232K)

Wow, that entirely inoffensive remark really rustled your jimmies, didn't it, samefag?

Attached: 1553291550725.gif (128x128, 473K)

I laugh everytime that weird nigger creeps on you when you first enter the city

>having your pawn do the blow kiss animation to check out her ass
Comfy

why are the character designs so ugly? I legit thought this was a wrpg based on those ugly characters

Ok Yea Forums, give me your best ideas for vocations, i'll start

Necromancer
>can have several skeletons and skeleton mages alongside pawns
>life draining magic, bone spears, eventually summon a single bone golem to fuck shit up
>skill that instantly resurrects downed pawns, but they are in a zombified state, skin now looks rotten and they can't use the full extent of their AI, instead they are resilient
>bone prison, wall, etc.

mercedes and madeleine are cuties

This post got ignored because they wrote the word janky. Everyone just kept on scrolling

U-G-L-Y

>mercedes
No.

I honestly did the same thing, I'm a simple man, I see the word "Janky" used unironically I stop reading.

cUCK GAMES

It's not really fair to compare 1st person and 3rd person combat games so half your list is irrelevant imo. out of the rest they all share very similar features. light attack, heavy attack, block, dodge, special abilities and items. all on similar keys/buttons. DD and DS are extremely similar so it's actually kind of weird that you like one and not the other.

>assign power movies to slots and then spam them like an MMO with a cooldown meter and everything.

DS even has this same mechanic (minus the cooldown I guess) so I really don't understand what your problem with DD combat is.

Grappler
>Skills centered around grabbing, pinning, and/or holding opponents
>gets a super jump that's activated by holding the jump button down for a second, has about 3 times the height of a normal jump (for those pesky fliers)
>can grab harpies straight out of midair
>lacks the armor and weaponry of most classes, but passively increases unarmed damage immensely to compensate, as well as reducing damage significantly while unarmored
>certain skills can even topple large opponents if performed on the right body part

Help an user out. First time playing.
>hard mode
>struggling because everything oneshots me, even the bats
>finally reach gran soren as a level 19 strider
>after reading a bit it turns out that the hard mode in this game is not really hard, just tedious
>some people even goes as far as saying that hard mode is even easier than normal due to added gold and xp
>if i switch to normal now I'm already overleveled
What do? Should I start over in normal? Do you think the hard mode is not a good experience overall? It's very likely that I won't do multiple playthrough.

DS combat requires you to use your brain when fighting. Timing, dodging, parrying, blocking, movement, are all important. In DD, you simply just hit attack over and over again. If you have a high enough level, you win.

just do normal, BBI is the actual hard mode of the game.

I don't think DD combat is all that tactical. But it feels good. And could be made to be tactical in a refined sequel.

Attached: 1453962295746.png (305x479, 212K)

The main reason people love the game is for the incredibly fun gameplay.

I always dreamed of an RPG that had movesets like an action hack and slash game, like bayonetta or Devil may cry. Granted DD doesn't have that level of complexity, but the feeling of it is there.

Post some pawns

Attached: c1dd50ee0680166f0f74b83bb258725d_l.jpg (900x450, 90K)

>Timing, dodging, parrying, blocking, movement, are all important. In DD, you simply just hit attack over and over again. If you have a high enough level, you win.

all in how you play it i guess. you can do all those things in DD (not sure about parrying). And you can also over level in DS and smash the attack button and win. If you are the same user, I think you are letting your biases get in the way of enjoying a great game.

Who let the dogs out
youtube.com/watch?v=Mfh6KClkr3o

I like how in the Design Works book, the speculation about Goblins being evil tree root spirits. That elder Goblins that gather in a dungeon and form a tree that is nourished with human blood. That the spike crowns on their head are roots that grow as they age.

Attached: YYRg66O.jpg (1436x1957, 790K)

>yfw DD2 without cutting his ideas too short

Attached: Dragon's Dogma_ Dark Arisen Screenshot__1.jpg (1920x1080, 410K)

witcher 3 put me to sleep because combat was the lamest shit i have ever experienced, even with enhanced edition
dragons dogma also put me to sleep because of how progression works and many quests are pointless, but I came back for the combat and it ended up being one of my favorite things

wouldnt recommend hard mode for your first playthrough

Based wild bunch poster

I'm lost in the game, where does this fucking road I'm on lead?

No idea, watch out for those wolves though. They hunt in packs

Because no developer has pulled off the level of interactivity you get with Dragon's Dogma's combat. From pawns grabbing goblins at the start of the game to your first encounter with a drake and beyond, the game's never shy about giving you options to deal with whatever you come up against. Ogres chasing after the female party members and the fact they got sick if they ate a male instead, harpies being unable to carry you or your pawn if either of you weighs too much, the fact you can knock an enemy out the sky by attacking it while clinging to its back instead of just spamming arrows or waiting for it to eventually come back to the ground. Then there's all various combinations of skills you can wield. You could be that Magick Archer who stacks three Magick Cannon together then uses a Rispote of their choosing and watch chaos ensue, or you be more a support enchanting your pawns weapons while you give yourself Dark Anguish and start flying through the air stabbing enemies. Even standard items like skulls or vials of water could be used to your benefit.

While combat in Dragon's Dogma isn't necessarily deep, there's layers to it that many other games in the same genre just don't have.

All roads lead to Gran Soren, Arisen

Is this an accurate description of the what to expect from the game?

The game was programmed by interns. It's garbage.

Yeah basically - it's great

>just wish i could make him an orc
>green skin
>muscular fat body
>pointy ears
Why can't you make him an Orc?

Kind of, the Griffon can just fly away which is awesome. I was fucking ready to fight it and it just flies off like a bitch

I like alchemist but that isn't a fist fighter class, dude.

Post first time playthrough stories

>just finished visiting the Dragonforged
>go outside, fucking griffin attacks me
>keeps either killing me or leaving so I reload save
>sometimes it takes a while to land so it attacks me outside the castle instead of near the Hillfigure Knoll
>after a hard battle manage to kill the griffin on the Knoll
>FUCK YEAR
>triumphantly head back to the castle
>ARISEN LOOK
>suddenly i'm fighting another griffin
>they were two separate griffins all along
>went from struggling against one griffon to killing two in one trip

Attached: 1470295247332.png (610x357, 31K)

>The double character creation.

Any game with this is automatically enjoyable for me.

>witcher 3 put me to sleep because combat was the lamest shit i have ever experienced, even with enhanced edition
w3 doesn't have an enhanced edition, only 1 and 2 have

I don't like the idea of multiplayer in DD2 at all, BUT, if that HAD to do it, it's gotta be something like, you go into your pawns body then go to your friend's world, or you go into their pawn or something. Anything different and it's ass.

I've been playing this game for the first time, restarted a few days ago and got really into it. But I pirated it and can't use the online pawns. Am I missing much by just using the autogenerated pawns?

Anyone who likes RPG's or adventure games.

Attached: 1547881845268.jpg (469x469, 25K)

I wouldn't mind 2 pawns and two Arisen.
I get why you mightn't want that lorewise however.
On the other hand Dark Arisen and DDO confirm the existence of traveling across the rift and the possibility of multiple Arisens respectively.
The real deep lore shit now is either what's beyond the eternal cycle (too big picture especially if they want to make a series out of it instead of just one sequel), what lurks between worlds in the rift (something they've already started with all the pawn and Ur Dragon lore) or just introducing a new closed of cycle and making iterations of the same game/lore/mechanics ala the Souls franchise.

>am I missing out
Sorta? Pre-made pawns are shitters. It won't matter if you're good or willing to grind but it's nice to have some competence in BBI

I have 40 hours and i just to point where Mercedes Marten gave me the rapier. There's a lot of sid quest and exploration.

I don't care about the lore, DD lore has multiple worlds so, like you said, it doesn't matter. I just don't like the idea of multiplayer for this series. I'd prefer it say a single player experience.

Some of the best moments for me is seeing someone rented my pawn and left a nice message, rating and item

>go down into the everfall for the first pawnsguild quest
>the pleb filter ogre turns up and I grab onto its leg like a retard
>start hacking away and it loses balance of the edge of the ramp
>jump off in time to catch the ledge
>climb back up just in time for a level up and a tonne of exp to appear because the ogre hit the ground

I have some other favourites like killing two cyclopses in one of the southern bays without touching the ground but that wasn't on my first playthrough.

I think that the class system is cool and the combat feels solid. Once I accidentally did a binge, not stopping for about 40 hours. Still the only game where it has happened. It wasn't even my first playthrough, it was my third or fourth.