Is Nero's red queen, the devs way of proving what a dumbass sword the "gunblade" is?

Is Nero's red queen, the devs way of proving what a dumbass sword the "gunblade" is?

Attached: Nero reved.gif (500x237, 1.62M)

Every sword with machinery inside of it is dumb by default, and that's precisely it works in fiction. It took the dumb part away and what remains is the cool factor. Granted not everyone has the same definition of cool, but at that point it's apple and oranges and further discussion is moot.

>sword has an exhaust and makes broom broom noises
That's enough for me to have fun

>nero revs his motorcycle sword
>dante one ups him by fighting with a literal motorcycle
pure pottery

What I was saying in my post is that the devs are basically "flexing" (cringe) on the devs that designed the gunblade, by showing them how it's really done.

You're assuming that both has the same purpose. They're not. Every time Red Queen revs, it adds more velocity to each slash, making it more powerful. Gunblade, more vibration for every trigger pull.

What is the same, however, they also do both whatever the hell the developers wanted it to do whenever they wanted.

Blow me.
You're the only one making assumptions

"but its most unique feature is that it has been specially customized with a motorcycle-like grip which, when twisted, sprays a flammable fuel across the blade, *greatly increasing the power of its blows*".

Hence different way of powering up the attack. No comparison can be made at all.

Fuck, didn't paste the whole thing.

Gunblade:
"In Final Fantasy VIII gunblades have a blade with a firing mechanism built into the hilt, the barrel running inside a part of the blade. They are mostly used like normal swords, but triggering a round causes the blade to vibrate as the weapon passes through an opponent to boost damage."

So it does serve the same purpose, DMC devs just found a way to make it look and work like it makes sense.

Read the follow up post.

>So it does serve the same purpose
Well yeah, it's a sword.
>DMC devs just found a way to make it look and work like it makes sense.
No

>Well yeah it's a sword.
>nuh uh!

I hope you're not the same guy because that is just embarrassing.

stop

Yeah, I did say purpose and what I meant is the way it works. I stand corrected on how Red Queen works and I agreed that they are similar. Still different in the details and the end of the day I still think they are not the the better version of the other. Also Red Queen is one of a kind unless Nero get someone to make another and Gunblade's just a catch all term for such weapon. There's a lot of gunblades in FF8 alone.

someone have the webm ver?

You might have ESL or a stroke

the sheer ESL of this post.

Red Queen is less dumb that the gunblade, but there's still plenty of stupidity to go around.

who?

Using a sword at all is a dumbass move when there are magical guns

You could tell if I was the same guy just by looking at the unique IP count moron. I was just dumbfounded by you actually claiming two swords do the same thing like it was some kind of profound insight. While the engine/gun additions serve the same general purpose of increasing damage, the way they do so is entirely different. Gunblades use high speed vibrations to basically saw through shit and Red Queen superheats itself, it's more like a lightsaber. My point is that they're both equally stupid in entirely different ways and you're a faggot.

Samefag.
Fix the post then. I'll wait.

>You could tell if I was the same guy just by looking at the unique IP count moron.

Man what a change in tone. lmao, you think I monitor that shit?

>I was just dumbfounded by you actually claiming two swords do the same thing like it was some kind of profound insight.

I never said they do the exact same thing.
Profound insight? It's a fucking shitpost, mate. Holy hell why is it that whenever that stupid sword from FF is criticised, some neckbeard has to come in and start sperging?

>While the engine/gun additions serve the same general purpose of increasing damage, the way they do so is entirely different.

Yeah, My point exactly. DMC just made it less retarded.

>My point is that they're both equally stupid in entirely different ways

No it wasn't.
This was:
>You're assuming that both has the same purpose. They're not.

Which I corrected. Now it's just shameless backpedaling.

>and you're a faggot.

Ah, there it is. Hold onto that L for me, will ya.

Attached: bronn laugh.jpg (1280x720, 120K)

Dunno, the thing is devs made interesting game mechanics for RQ so it doesn't feels dumb at all in game.

Attached: back_to_dmc .png (832x637, 908K)

>Yeah, My point exactly. DMC just made it less retarded.
Superheating your weapon isn't any less retarded than applying vibration stress to it. Both heat and vibration are things you never want in a weapon. They might as well have gone with magic lava sword.

That comma is unnecessary and there should be an apostrophe after "devs". That's it. Just 2 punctuation mistakes. I fucking hate americans

The mechanic itself is not the problem. It's the dumb design.

A two handed sword that can only be welded with one hand because of the unnecessary giant gun as the handle.

They even give Nero a giant revolver as his secondary weapon. It's as if they really are taking the piss.

>That comma is unnecessary and there should be an apostrophe after "devs". >That's it.

Attached: 1566851380594.jpg (236x174, 7K)

For me bigger question is how human made weapon can compete with devil arms.

What else is there to fix then, asshole?
>Is Nero's red queen the devs' way of proving what a dumbass sword the "gunblade" is?
You might have brain damage if something in this sentence confuses you

>Throwing a fit and calling someone illiterate, because he didn't use punctuation correctly. on an anonymous anime forum.

Attached: wow.gif (236x250, 1.47M)