Why do you morons still cling to this idiotic fan rule of "spirits deconfirm" when nothing has officially stated as...

Why do you morons still cling to this idiotic fan rule of "spirits deconfirm" when nothing has officially stated as such, all you have is what all other previous fan rules that have been broken in the past had; circumstantial evidence.

Attached: Shantae and Geno.png (1411x1032, 1.08M)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/Sora_Sakurai/status/1059958604818657282
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Because my favorite character opinion is much better than whatever dumb shit you have to say OP.

Attached: THE NECTAR OF GODS.png (195x246, 142K)

Spirits do deconfirm for the first fighter pass, none of the DLC characters have had a spirit and character 5 won't either. Might not be true for the extra characters though.

if spirits don't deconfirm, can we have these two in?

Attached: 2.png (732x456, 131K)

This
We Genofags may still can do. But I will hold my breath..
And good luck to Shantae, and all the other picks

To be fair, we have four fighters revealed for the current Fighters Pass and none of them are characters with any presence in the base game. It's clear the game was made with the FP in mind.

The characters releasing after though, will be a different story.

sans made it in by the way

It depends on how long in advanced the DLC was planned
If the Second Batch was planned all the way back as well, even as a just in case scenario, it means Spirits still disqualify since they would've been saved for a Fighter's release

Why would they add Shantae/Geno as spirits if they could just wait to add them as a fighter?

i see your point, user
i'm sure there's always next time

Attached: 1558053411628.png (200x180, 54K)

they could see after the launch added and heightened support for the characters you idiot.

Goddamn do you fucks not understand fan reception and response can influence dlc decisions?

Do you really think Sakurai of all people cares about fan response? He's not too out of touch but he chooses characters that he knows deserve to be in Smash instead of just what the fans want. Look at this image, it's a fanpoll that was made at around the time of the ballot years back. And also note how only 1 character from it is in Smash as a playable fighter.

Attached: Smash Bros Fan Poll.png (960x849, 721K)

Or maybe this was taking into account the characters who were in the base roster? Because every poll I saw had wolf, Snake and/or K Rool near theropod if not the top spot altogether.

He literally in this recent direct stated the new dlc means he can please more fans.

Hasn't been proven wrong yet, I'll be on board on the off chance that it is.

Attached: BURGERS_apollo.png (867x766, 796K)

hey do you have source for this crop haha

1) Reggie said so during the game awards

But most importantly...

2) Literally none of the DLC fighters have had ANY spirits or any involvement whatsoever with the Smash series

It's very likely that DLC fighter number 5 won't have any involvement either. We have no idea regarding the second season of DLC, however.

>smash fan whined about Hero and Terry inclusion
>want fucking Isaac, Bandana Dee or Geno

wtf is wrong with those people?

I hope spirits don’t deconfirm, I want bandana dee.

It's ExpansionFan. Just type that plus Shantae. That's all I can tell you.

Attached: IT HAS TO BE THIS WAY.png (235x622, 242K)

neat

Didn't they say they were finalizing Pass 1 around the end of the development cycle? I'm sure the base game doesn't have any baring on Pass 2

putting the genie in would be such a fucking disgrace

Look at him in the eyes and tell me that he would add Shantae.

Attached: sakuraiint5.jpg (610x438, 85K)

this. Geno has the benefit of being acknowledged several times by Sakurai, as well as him stating he "wants to add [Geno]." Shantae has her spirit, but has Sakurai EVER talked about her?

Well there's no precedence for your case

Looks like he's in then

Attached: Ampharos 6.png (270x301, 102K)

Reggie spoke at the game awards regarding the first fighter pass... Said characters would be entirely new to the series just like joker. So far that's remained true. Every fighter is entirely new to smash right down to the franchise never being featured in any way. This may not remain true for further DLC... BUT Sakurai did empathize new game world's being apart of smash and shit like that... So he might just want as many new cross overs as possible.

They said they finalized the DLC line-up

>Sakurai states that spirits are supposed to appeal to fans
>Sakurai states that mii costumes are also suppose to supplement fan demand for characters that didn't get to be a playable character
>Says the same for assist trophies.

Now think, does ANY of the DLC so far for Ultimate ONLY disprove this?
The game launched with no Piranha Plant Spirit. No Piranha Plant mii costume. No Piranha Plant assist trophy either.
How can someone with a straight face think that this was a coincidence? With all the Super Mario spirits covering every enemy ever made, not having a plant spirit is supposed to just mean nothing? That clearly isn't true. At all.
I am sorry that you are hurt that some characters you wanted lost (I wanted Geno, but I accepted that he lost, and it doesn't hurt at all I always thought he was a pipedream anyways), but for everyone else, its clear that spirits do in fact deconfirm. Any post to this post trying to prove this wrong will be semantics, generalizations, or both. Fallacies that are wrong.

>Isaac
This better be a joke

Nobody was whining about Hero and Terry except zoomers, and they cry about Geno and Issac too.

I am sorry "fan request" fags, but I prefer Sakurai's taste in DLC more, due to Joker, Hero, and Terry. With legendary choices like these, I know he respects video game history, and pays homage to the classics. We are probably going to get Ryu Hayabusa, Doomguy, Leon Kennedy, Tekken, Monster Hunter, Mortal Kombat, Reimu, and Crash Bandicoot at this rate.

There's been five straight DLC additions without a character who was previously a Spirit, and one of them was a common enemy found in the vast majority of Mario games.

They never said that.

>I prefer Sakurai's taste in DLC more
>We are probably going to get Ryu Hayabusa, Doomguy, Leon Kennedy, Tekken, Monster Hunter, Mortal Kombat, Reimu, and Crash Bandicoot at this rate.
>implying Sakurai likes those

No Saki because no Nintendo characters

Wow it's amazing that people would want this Nintendo characters in their Nintendo game

>m-my shitty spin-off puppet will definitely get in this time guys! sakurai will definitely choose him over a main character from an unrepresented series people actually like beyond rosterfaggotry!

You're gonna look silly when he gets in

You're gonna look silly when he continues to not get in.

You said this about Ridley then you said this about k.rool then you said this about banjo

Isn’t crash bandicoot the last dlc character?

>last
AHAHAHAHA

No, I didn't. What is it with Genofags assuming this? The characters aren't equivalent no matter how much you pretend they are.

>little mac is irrelevant
>Simon is irrelevant
Keep coping

Shantae is my number 1 most wanted character for since well forever let’s hope this time she make it.
Geno well he is trapped in copyright hell and square has been acting like complete assholes though this whole thing

Attached: giphy.gif (500x375, 317K)

>>little mac is irrelevant
No. He had a game in 2009.

>>Simon is irrelevant
No. He had a game in 2010.

I don't care about rules anymore. I'm going to go back to hoping for Geno and Shadow until we find out what the curation ethos behind pack 2 is.

Then why did you say that you're looking real retarded right now.

I will never give up hope

Attached: 1567735725542.png (215x434, 51K)

I didn't say that though.

How embarrassing I meant to post this image

Attached: 250px-IsaacPromo.jpg (250x286, 24K)

Yup just like how you didn't say daisy would never get in

I like Geno

Attached: 302553.png (192x192, 69K)

I didn't say that though.

>No, I didn't
Yes, you did

Me too brother. He’s not getting in though.

Attached: C3BA8365-607D-446F-B0A3-594B5E80DB53.png (128x128, 23K)

Just stop. You are making yourself look like an utter fucking neanderthal. Geno getting in to smash would be pure rosterfaggotry and you know that. He is not equivalent to any other addition in smash history, except maybe sans who is merely a costume, but even he is more relevant than a spinoff puppet from a game that hasn’t been followed up on in over 20 years. At this point it’s obvious you only want him in to feed your insatiable “I told you so” appetite, you know there’s nothing interesting about him or his potential moveset, you just want him because you’re a sheep that was told to want him by some boomers who probably died before smash 4 even came out. It’s clear that this is nothing but a game of “who gets BTFO” to you and it’s fucking annoying.

Attached: D7538C8C-8FD8-4C84-8B88-ECB8746F390C.png (403x8175, 446K)

>Super Smash Bros. Ultimate’s DLC line-up is now complete. This time the selection was made entirely by Nintendo. I decide if we can create a fighter based on their selection, then come up with the plan.

twitter.com/Sora_Sakurai/status/1059958604818657282

>Shantae over Reimu

Attached: 1563915594104.jpg (714x487, 86K)

based

Attached: 1534987375136.jpg (680x888, 78K)

Luck back Genofags, I never played SMRPG but the game looks neat, hopefully Nintendo puts it on the SNES online soon so more people can support him!!!

Attached: DCDF381C-52E3-4DAA-8538-16847079CCE3.gif (644x934, 249K)

What if rayman has a loophole because his spirit is his Origins/Legends version.

I think the assumption is still correct though. They made it seem as if they wouldn't do anything else after the first fighter pass, Sakurai mentioning it was Nintendo's idea and that teams get cut, etc.

In my opinion, as long as they don't hit us with a Mii costume, Geno is still on the table. I mean, they just know that he has a huge demand and they've been doing nothing but fan service.

How about you tell me why they wouldn't de-confirm them? Their literal purpose is to represent characters that can't be realized as playable, and they support the real fighters when attached to them. Why would they add geno and allow you to attach Geno to support Geno? See how retarded that sounds

No they won't. Why would they be a different story? Future characters will still come with a stage, music, and DLC spirits

He didn't exist as a spirit prior

There is no pass to, it's going to be one-off characters until Sakurai wants to stop

I would accept his designs from the trilogy making up most of his skins

Newcomers come with a set of spirits and a fighter spirit though. What would Geno's fighter spirit be if he already has a spirit?

I think this is proof enough that things like spirits and mii costumes deconfirm characters for the current game. Their inclusion is basically a "Better luck next time, have this for the time being"

Attached: Mii costumes.png (2516x1274, 2.84M)

No, I didn't.